• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
View attachment 161605

To go by a few points brought up while I was away:
1. I am pretty confident of Rayman's placement in the ballot, considering that a lot of support for Rayman sparked because of Omni's fake leak, and the ballot was announced just a couple of months after that. Sure, I don't expect him to havee been neck and neck with K. Rool or Isaac, but he was up there.
2. I don't ever expect Sakurai to put a Rabbid over Rayman, they're the kind of characters Sakurai would see a picture of, go "Ew" and look for something else. Ezio was also brought up, he's cool, but again, he won't make it to Smash over Rayman.
3. Boorepellent Boorepellent I apologize if this rains on your parade, but at the moment, Brawlhalla is only on PC and PS4, but it is coming to both XBOne and Switch in November alongside Rayman. However, your argument of basically putting him in a multiplatform Smash alongside Ultimate is such an Ubisoft move that it makes sense. Here's hoping.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Not that it was out now, but that it's going to be out in a bit and that showcasing Rayman in Smash Ultimate can only mean good things for Ubisoft and other games Rayman is in, like Brawlhalla. More eyes on Rayman means more eyes on Ubisoft in general.

Consider it a rebuttal to those saying that Rayman in Brawlhalla can only mean he isn't in Ultimate from a business perspective.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I really just think this might be some sort of Red herring. I mean, it's a free to play game. That's like if a Character is on super smash flash that it can't be in ultimate :/
It's just indie developers putting their new boss's mascot in the game.
...I think.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I mean, people are entitled to their opinion, but why the heck do people not want Rayman? He'd be the most unique out of all the brawl fighters, and really he doesn't kick out anyone else's most wanted except maybe the Rabbids

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why would he have a trophy in Smash and no appearance? Kind of sucks if Nintendo leaves him out.

It is sounding more like he will be a DLC character.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I mean, people are entitled to their opinion, but why the heck do people not want Rayman? He'd be the most unique out of all the brawl fighters, and really he doesn't kick out anyone else's most wanted except maybe the Rabbids
Some people just don't have an attachment to the series. Not everyone grew up with him. Others just dislike Ubisoft as a company and don't want them associated with Smash. Other people just think the design is ugly... those people have bad taste so I disregard them lol

Takasmash

Smash Ace
My Rayman Smash Hype is dead my most new wanted third parties Geno Tails Arle Nadja Leon S Kennedy Banjo Kazooie and Travis Touchdown. I'm okay its not meant to be oh well.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Let's not be haters now. If someone wants Rabbids, they want Rabbids. Nbd

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I just want to hear that Dream Forest music so bad in Smash. That song never left my head as a kid.
Also, what if Billy West voiced Rayman again?

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Ooohh man. I've really wanted Rayman in Smash Bros ever since the Brawl days. His franchise has been my favourite ever since I started playing his games as a wee lad. While I do keep cheering him on to become playable, I do also try and be reasonable and try not to be too disappointed whenever he fails to make it into a Smash instalment. He simply isn't as iconic as the other characters included in Smash, end of.

Honestly, the Brawlhalla inclusion isn't too disheartening or surprising to me. It is to keep in mind that the studio that produces Brawlhalla is also owned by Ubisoft, so his inclusion was more of a shoo-in than some sort of special guest, third party deal. Still, I can't help but shake the feeling this might be his deconfirmation as well.

Don't worry, you lovely little limbless chum. You'll get the spotlight again one day.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ooohh man. I've really wanted Rayman in Smash Bros ever since the Brawl days. His franchise has been my favourite ever since I started playing his games as a wee lad. While I do keep cheering him on to become playable, I do also try and be reasonable and try not to be too disappointed whenever he fails to make it into a Smash instalment. He simply isn't as iconic as the other characters included in Smash, end of.

Honestly, the Brawlhalla inclusion isn't too disheartening or surprising to me. It is to keep in mind that the studio that produces Brawlhalla is also owned by Ubisoft, so his inclusion was more of a shoo-in than some sort of special guest, third party deal. Still, I can't help but shake the feeling this might be his deconfirmation as well.

Don't worry, you lovely little limbless chum. You'll get the spotlight again one day.
920AF7F5-7534-485B-9684-26BA26202800.gif

I will say that even though Rayman may not be as iconic as the likes of Sonic and Pac-Man, he’s still an icon in gaming.

There were a lot of platforming mascots in his time, and he’s one of the few that’s managed to stick around.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 161783
I will say that even though Rayman may not be as iconic as the likes of Sonic and Pac-Man, he’s still an icon in gaming.

There were a lot of platforming mascots in his time, and he’s one of the few that’s managed to stick around.
Ey, thanks for the welcome! It's just good to know I'm not alone in my need for his inclusion in Smash. Sure, he may not be too iconic compared to Mario or the like, but almost all of his games have received critical acclaim. Legends/Origins weren't massive system sellers, but they are still considered one of the best modern platformers to come out in recent memory.

We just gotta believe!

Last edited:

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
Call me crazy but I'm still taking the cloud in the K. Rool trailer as a hint. Usually I'd dismiss it but after the Pac-Man cloud in Greninja'a trailer soon before Pac-Man being the final third party character in the base game we can never be too dismissive. (Also I'm taking the TV thing as a Karate Joe hint shhh)

Anyway it makes sense to me for Rayman to be the final unique third party rep before DLC. I can see Tails gettinf in as DLC for sure as well as some other third party characters.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
I was reading r/smashbros today and noticed something. They didn't even announce him in Brawlhalla with much at all, just a tweet. No video, just a tweet. I dunno if they were saving the hype for the may or may not be Rayman Smash reveal, but maybe I'm just pushing my luck

volbound1700

Smash Master
I really don't think Brawlhalla has any bearing on his smash chances. However, I think that he is more likely to be DLC than in the original game. He would sell as a DLC character.

D

Deleted member

Considering Blue Mammoth is now an Ubisoft studio, putting Rayman is is more of a means to get people to play that game and plunk down money to buy the character. I won't be surprised if they add other Ubisoft characters into this later on, like Ezio and Sam Fisher.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I forget who said this, but it’s worth mentioning it.

Ubisoft chose Rayman as their first guest fighter in Brawlhalla. Not a Rabbid, but the character who has the most history with the company.

Even if Brawlhalla has nothing to do with Smash development wise, this should at least lessen the fears of a Rabbid getting in before Rayman.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I forget who said this, but it’s worth mentioning it.

Ubisoft chose Rayman as their first guest fighter in Brawlhalla. Not a Rabbid, but the character who has the most history with the company.

Even if Brawlhalla has nothing to do with Smash development wise, this should at least lessen the fears of a Rabbid getting in before Rayman.
I like positivity, but tbh we don't know if any of this means anything, at least in terms of Rayman in Smash. He's well-known to be the Ubisoft mascot, Assassin's Creed is the bigger franchise, aside from those 2 possibilities, I don't think Ubisoft would pull anything else for Smash, and with the belief the ballot popularity matters, no way AC has any play here. The worry for me is that they aren't involved at all, not that Rabbids are the choice.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I like positivity, but tbh we don't know if any of this means anything, at least in terms of Rayman in Smash. He's well-known to be the Ubisoft mascot, Assassin's Creed is the bigger franchise, aside from those 2 possibilities, I don't think Ubisoft would pull anything else for Smash, and with the belief the ballot popularity matters, no way AC has any play here. The worry for me is that they aren't involved at all, not that Rabbids are the choice.
While a lot of people assume Rayman would be the first Ubisoft character choice, there’s also a lingering fear that the Rabbids may take his place. Mario+Rabbids also helped strengthen that fear.

The fact that Rayman is Brawhalla’s first Ubisoft character should show they know who people are interested in seeing.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The 3rd parties dont pick the characters, Skaurai does. Ubisoft could suggest Rayman, but theyre also not gonna say no if Sakurai asks for Rayman.

On the other hand, considering the ballot was in 2015, a time when no one was thinking of (or liked) the Rabbids, tjey probbaly had little votes, which works out even better for Rayman.

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
it's time...tbh I'm scared of another sword guy, but if it's him...oh man would I be so happy. no more swords though

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Rayman and Dixie (unique or Semi-Clone, not an Echo) are all that's left on my wishlist. Please let this Direct be the time to shine for at least one of them!

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
Now the Brawlhalla thing really seems like a Red Herring...but I dunno if it'll be tomorrows reveal though

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
God damn it, Nintendo. Why did you have to place a direct literally right before I start class. Now I'm gonna be late for class.

Top Bottom