• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
I created an basic analysis:

Rayman origins was released in November 2011, however, the list of smash wii u (3ds) was completed in 2012, then rayman was never in the plans for wii u (3ds), it was the success of rayman legends that put him on last minute as a trophy. So maybe he is considered in smash ultimate as a character or as an assist trophy. the exclusion of rayman in mario + rabbids kingdom battle may be a clue that he was used for smash.

however the union of ubisoft with nintendo starts in 2014, and the smash ultimate list ended in 2015

Note: this is a double-edged question

GZ: This is probably the most important question I have to ask: Can Rayman kick Mario's ass?

MA: Uh, maybe we'll have the answer very soon. (laughs)

Source: https://www.gamezone.com/originals/interview-director-michel-ancel-talks-rayman-legends/

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think that question got answered with certain image... that had blood and was kinda "gore", and well, the answer was Rayman, wasn't it SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft ? :b:.
Are you referring to one I am still not sure is even legit part of Ubi's concept with Rayman's R2 appearance where he seems to be strangling Mario to the point his head pops out with blood and whatnot? o-o I remember the image but I don't know how I even came across it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Are you referring to one I am still not sure is even legit part of Ubi's concept with Rayman's R2 appearance where he seems to be strangling Mario to the point his head pops out with blood and whatnot? o-o I remember the image but I don't know how I even came across it.
...OH. That one!

I completely forgot about that!

Yeah, it was...interesting to say the least.

AndreaAC

...OH. That one!

I completely forgot about that!

Yeah, it was...interesting to say the least.
Yeah, we could say that...I mean, I didn't expected such thing, but who am I kidding? It's Ubi, the one that does advertisements with piss, so the bloody one with Mario couldn't be that odd. Though...I still find it a mistery.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Having trouble finding it, but from what I remember, it used this render of Rayman.
4CC654E4-06D5-48BE-BBFE-809C854559F2.jpeg

And it had a black ground with MS Paint blood splatters and Mario’s decapitated head.

Probably something an employee made in their spare time.

Mascot rivalries were serious business back then!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It's obviously the rough concept for the Rayman Smash reveal trailer where Rayman murders Mario in cold blood and joins the fight. Mario has now died twice for other characters to make it in. /s

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
It's obviously the rough concept for the Rayman Smash reveal trailer where Rayman murders Mario in cold blood and joins the fight. Mario has now died twice for other characters to make it in. /s
BUUUUUT ZORO RIDLS THE DARGSNS KALLS MERIO!?!?!!? YOU AR RETGEREA!?!?!??!??!?!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The one in this post: https://smashboards.com/threads/ray...he-great-escape.324674/page-293#post-19561196 (#11,714)

Having trouble finding it, but from what I remember, it used this render of Rayman.
View attachment 160212
And it had a black ground with MS Paint blood splatters and Mario’s decapitated head.

Probably something an employee made in their spare time.

Mascot rivalries were serious business back then!
I mentioned you in that because that's what you answered (Rayman could kick Mario's ***)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ubisoft is so ahead of their time they’re making concept art for games that releases 19 years later. :p

EDIT:
Yep, that’s the one.

Wow, I was WAY off with my description.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
When I remembered that image I thought about the Ridley reveal trailer, but Mario is dead already... well, nothing happens if he dies again in the hands of Rayman.. I guess :)

AndreaAC

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So uh, I was updating the OP when I noticed I made a very large mistake. I got a number wrong in the support list, a very key number.

Sorry to the 100 supporters I seemingly forgot to count, we're really at 271. Which also just shot us right past Banjo and right behind Dixie, huh.

And in other news, made a slight update to the OP, let me know what you think. Maybe come check out the Discord as well, we're kinda lonely.[/QUOTE
Something I noticed is that some of the people that liked the OP aren't counted as supporters. I always consider them supporters, so idk if they were glossed over or you just see it differently.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
So someone has claimed to have gotten access to the Smash Ultimate demo, and may have the receipts to actually prove it.
https://smashboards.com/threads/ama-on-reddit-soon-i-have-access-to-the-demo.457843/
Of course, take it with a grain of salt, but if it’s true, these next few days may get a little hectic.
I'm hungry for Smash news and all but I hope this guy is bluffing. The last thing I want is for the demo to get datamined and ruin the surprises for the next 3 months. Additional hope is that if it really is true and gets datamined that Sakurai predicted something like this and purposely left info out of the demo... I hope...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm hungry for Smash news and all but I hope this guy is bluffing. The last thing I want is for the demo to get datamined and ruin the surprises for the next 3 months. Additional hope is that if it really is true and gets datamined that Sakurai predicted something like this and purposely left info out of the demo... I hope...
Some recent discoveries by eagle eyed people may lead have proven it to be fake.

So we may be in the clear for now.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Some recent discoveries by eagle eyed people may lead have proven it to be fake.

So we may be in the clear for now.
This is why we have to take the assembly line of fresh leakers with a grain of salt, even the Vergeben guy.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Rayman/BG&E is the Splatoon/Animal Crossing of the Ubisoft world. I love both games, but the same teams make them so it's one or the other.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
My guts telling me that Raymans gonna be in the game someway, be it trophy, assist or character. Im weary on his chances, but it seems that as much charactees are being crammed in as possible, evrn if they arent playable, to makw thid the biggest crossover. Popular characters like Krysral or Shovel Kmight didnt need ti even be in the gane, but they are and have very detailed momes and attacks. I think Raymans just gotta be in there somewhere. Hopefully playable.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
At the very least I expect Rayman to make an appearance as a trophy. It would be an easy carry over from Smash 4.

Though to be honest, if Rayman's not gonna be playable I hope it's just an Trophy. Assist Trophy would be nice but it would completely sour the chance for DLC.

Last edited:

RainbowMario

Smash Rookie
NNID
RainbowMario
3DS FC
4983-4921-2218
Switch FC
SW - 2028 - 6856 - 9692
From when i started to play Smash Bros with Brawl until Sm4sh i didn't have any particular request for what characters i want in Smash. (seeing Mario and Sonic in the same game was enough for me at that time).

But when Sakurai showed the Rayman Trophy on Miiverse, that made me realize one thing...that someone from my childhood is missing in this masterpiece of a game, fricking Rayman.

Mario, Sonic and Rayman, dear god, not only they are my top 3 favourite videogame characters, but they are also my 3 childhood hero, and thinking about seeing them meeting each other in the same game was really HYPE over 9000.

So from that moment i started to hope in every direct that they would announce him...but the only thing i got was a big ''Nope.avi'' from Nintendo.

And when that darn leak appeared i was like ''WOOOOOOOOO'', but at the end of that hype tunnel i only got a lifetime supply of salt and a punch in the face by the truth...

At the end, even if i got dissapointed everytime that they didn't announced him, and the fake leak got me really salty, it didn't stop me to support and believe that Rayman will join one day the Smash roster.
I voted him in the ballot, i started to look in every place to find hints that he was in the game, i also gave some look in this forum to see if there was someone hyped like me for his inclusion in the game, before deciding to make this account so i could support with all of you our boy Rayman in Ultimate.

maybe this time it's the right time...i hope :glare:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
From when i started to play Smash Bros with Brawl until Sm4sh i didn't have any particular request for what characters i want in Smash. (seeing Mario and Sonic in the same game was enough for me at that time).

But when Sakurai showed the Rayman Trophy on Miiverse, that made me realize one thing...that someone from my childhood is missing in this masterpiece of a game, fricking Rayman.

Mario, Sonic and Rayman, dear god, not only they are my top 3 favourite videogame characters, but they are also my 3 childhood hero, and thinking about seeing them meeting each other in the same game was really HYPE over 9000.

So from that moment i started to hope in every direct that they would announce him...but the only thing i got was a big ''Nope.avi'' from Nintendo.

And when that darn leak appeared i was like ''WOOOOOOOOO'', but at the end of that hype tunnel i only got a lifetime supply of salt and a punch in the face by the truth...

At the end, even if i got dissapointed everytime that they didn't announced him, and the fake leak got me really salty, it didn't stop me to support and believe that Rayman will join one day the Smash roster.
I voted him in the ballot, i started to look in every place to find hints that he was in the game, i also gave some look in this forum to see if there was someone hyped like me for his inclusion in the game, before deciding to make this account so i could support with all of you our boy Rayman in Ultimate.

maybe this time it's the right time...i hope :glare:
Welcome to the glade!
Rayman Legends.gif

Glad to have you here, I was on the same boat as you, when he showed the Rayman trophy I think there was a smash announcement that afternoon, I was very hyped, and with the leak too, at least both of those things increased Rayman "popularity" or at least people started talking about Rayman more on the internet because of that.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Welcome to the glade!
View attachment 160373

Glad to have you here, I was on the same boat as you, when he showed the Rayman trophy I think there was a smash announcement that afternoon, I was very hyped, and with the leak too, at least both of those things increased Rayman "popularity" or at least people started talking about Rayman more on the internet because of that.
It also happened fairly close before the Smash Ballot was announced. The hype was still up amd that clearly must have influenced a lot of votes.

RainbowMario

Smash Rookie
NNID
RainbowMario
3DS FC
4983-4921-2218
Switch FC
SW - 2028 - 6856 - 9692
For the occasion i just made this wallpaper. :)
Of course if Rayman will be revealed to join in Ultimate i will update the picture with the official render :grin:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So uh, I was updating the OP when I noticed I made a very large mistake. I got a number wrong in the support list, a very key number.

Sorry to the 100 supporters I seemingly forgot to count, we're really at 271. Which also just shot us right past Banjo and right behind Dixie, huh.

And in other news, made a slight update to the OP, let me know what you think. Maybe come check out the Discord as well, we're kinda lonely.
Oh SHOOOOOOOT...! My 2 most wanted newcomers near eachother in Supporter Count?! Sounds dope!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Of course if Rayman will be revealed to join in Ultimate i will update the picture with the official render :grin:
Wow, that's a really good wallpaper, so colourful, just so you know, I'll use it! :surprised: Jumpman, Rayman, Megaman, Pac-man and... Mr. Needlemouse... man, btw I like this Rayman face more than the one from smashified.

Could I be added to the supporters? Rayman's one of most wanted newcomers!
Welcome to the glade, friend!
Rayman Legends.gif

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Add me to the support list if I'm not already on it! I support Rayman 100%! He is the final "MAN" that needs to be in this game in some form. If he makes it to playable, we can finally have a match of 4 different "MAN" characters. Rayman, Pacman, Megaman, and Jumpman (Mario). Can't wait to see the final roster of this game. I think he has a great shot this time around, especially since he made a Trophy appearance in Smash 4.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Add me to the support list if I'm not already on it! I support Rayman 100%! He is the final "MAN" that needs to be in this game in some form. If he makes it to playable, we can finally have a match of 4 different "MAN" characters. Rayman, Pacman, Megaman, and Jumpman (Mario). Can't wait to see the final roster of this game. I think he has a great shot this time around, especially since he made a Trophy appearance in Smash 4.
Welcome to the Glade!
Rayman High Five.gif

Also I'd argue that Spring Man is another "Man" this game needs but I'd rather have Rayman first lol

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I just want to say.

Happy 1000 posts!

Let's keep the discussion going!
tumblr_lvihzji4HB1qbgmil.gif

So what do you guys think of the new render leaks?

Top Bottom