• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Wow, people really don’t like Toby lol.

Anyway, the major red flag (and what kills it) here is the that it doesn’t mention Ritcher Belmont.

If this “leak” actually mentioned Ritcher a month before he was actually revealed, than this would be a game changer.

Close but no cigar.
I will keeping looking on it for now. Mimikyu as a pokeball and Ashley AT as well makes me think that it might have some credibility to it.
What I find strange however is Funky Kong over Dixie Kong, no way she was less popular than the Funky.
Basically what we should look for is:
Isaac, Rambi, Reinhardt and Midbus as ATs.
Comfey as a Pokeball.
And, obviously, Funky Kong, Black Shadow and Rayman as new characters.
But if Rambi or Reinhardt are in and do not act like the description, then obviously it can be buried.

Yes I really want it to be true for Rayman and Funky Kong. :happysheep:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I will keeping looking on it for now. Mimikyu as a pokeball and Ashley AT as well makes me think that it might have some credibility to it.
What I find strange however is Funky Kong over Dixie Kong, no way she was less popular than the Funky.
Basically what we should look for is:
Isaac, Rambi, Reinhardt and Midbus as ATs.
Comfey as a Pokeball.
And, obviously, Funky Kong, Black Shadow and Rayman as new characters.
But if Rambi or Reinhardt are in and do not act like the description, then obviously it can be buried.

Yes I really want it to be true for Rayman and Funky Kong. :happysheep:
Keeping an eye on it is fine, it did manage to get some things right, which even if it’s fake is kind of impressive.

Lack of Ritcher is just a pretty big red flag.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Keeping an eye on it is fine, it did manage to get some things right, which even if it’s fake is kind of impressive.

Lack of Ritcher is just a pretty big red flag.
I understand, but to be fair even Vergeben who is apparently the leaker that most people believe for this game didn't get Richter, Gematsu during Smash 4 didn't get Robin, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt (and even put Chrom!), or Chaos Zero during Brawl only had Sonic, Lucas and Wolf.
Doesn't mean that those people's words are gospel, of course, but incomplete information is possible.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
With comments from people who saw the E3 direct who work at Nintendo, I don't believe anybody (except the people who head development in Japan) really knows the full roster, just small bits of it.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Apparently the same guy posted this:
1533832893346.png

Whatever, it could be fake, I mean, K. Rool, Simon, Chrom and Dark Samus were highly requested in the past years, weren't they? So they were an easy guess, we will see, take it with a grain of salt, I wish it's real.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Maybe they intend to put in BOTH Dixie Kong and Funky Kong echos? If we can have two Fire Emblem echos (making for essentially four similar characters) we could finally have enough DK reps to totally represent the franchise. It just leaves out Cranky Kong, who was in the background of some Melee stage that might still be in Ultimate?

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Maybe they intend to put in BOTH Dixie Kong and Funky Kong echos? If we can have two Fire Emblem echos (making for essentially four similar characters) we could finally have enough DK reps to totally represent the franchise. It just leaves out Cranky Kong, who was in the background of some Melee stage that might still be in Ultimate?
Maybe? I think both of those Kongs are highly requested, maybe these "leakers" don't know all the newcomers (echos included)?, I'm not trying to defend them, 95% of these leaks are fake, but hey there's always the possibility. It would be nice to see DK franchise get more representation with those Kongs (maybe even Cranky?)

About that stage you say, it is in Ultimate:

m64s2UE.jpg

But I wouldn't say Cranky appearing in the stage means anything? I mean look at Toon Link and Alfonzo, I don't know if this could be the same, but until it's we see the final roster we can speculate.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe? I think both of those Kongs are highly requested, maybe these "leakers" don't know all the newcomers (echos included)?, I'm not trying to defend them, 95% of these leaks are fake, but hey there's always the possibility. It would be nice to see DK franchise get more representation with those Kongs (maybe even Cranky?)

About that stage you say, it is in Ultimate:

But I wouldn't say Cranky appearing in the stage means anything? I mean look at Toon Link and Alfonzo, I don't know if this could be the same, but until it's we see the final roster we can speculate.
In the meantime, it's nice to see that there are beakers in there as a DK64 reference, I didn't notice those before now.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Sure but they remastered that old stage, and didn't take Cranky out while doing so. But who knows.
I wonder if the outhouse on the left still has the bottom exiting pipe...

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Unsure of how much I want to believe this leak. Richter is absent, and Dark Samus and Chrom were safe bets to begin with, and Simon could just be Verge bandwagon. I also wouldn't believe Sakurai going for Funky as an echo over Dixie, who's miles popular on polls. I'd like this to be real to have my Rayman but I'm going to call 80% fake for now.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Come on guys, this is going to be Rayman's time. Get excited. He has a lot working for him:

1. Popular Third Party
2. Trophy in Last Game
3. Mario + Rabbid Title

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
You know, with how amazing the troll and symbolism in the King K. Rool trailer was, with Dedede representing Sakurai and the Mii costume, I hope that if Rayman ever gets revealed his trailer references the Artsy Omni hoax in some form.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
You know, with how amazing the troll and symbolism in the King K. Rool trailer was, with Dedede representing Sakurai and the Mii costume, I hope that if Rayman ever gets revealed his trailer references the Artsy Omni hoax in some form.
I was thinking more of this:

We see the shadow of 6 things (like rayman parts), we're going to see who is, and IT'S... Sukapon!, after that Rayman appears looking at him and laughs (or kills him seeing the last trailers xD.)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I understand, but to be fair even Vergeben who is apparently the leaker that most people believe for this game didn't get Richter, Gematsu during Smash 4 didn't get Robin, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt (and even put Chrom!), or Chaos Zero during Brawl only had Sonic, Lucas and Wolf.
Doesn't mean that those people's words are gospel, of course, but incomplete information is possible.
Fair enough.

We shall see.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
So what all did that leak get right exactly and is there anything they got wrong?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So what all did that leak get right exactly and is there anything they got wrong?
It got stuff like Chrom, Dark Samus, and Ashley as Assist Trophy right. And mentioned some stuff that has neither been confrimed or denied like a Rambi Assist Trophy.

It also mentioned Simon, but basically every leak ever has had Simon in it. However, the leak did not include Ritcher, which I think is a big red flag. Though the leaker saved face and mentioned he doesn't know every Echo Fighter.

Not really confident in it, but no harm in keeping an eye on it.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Most echos probably weren't included in leaks because they're last second additions not included in the original draft. The echos that were included are probably there to sell the idea. Much like Smash 4 leaks that included many newcomers, but none of them had Lucina, DP, or Doc.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Ya verge never had Richter either so I wouldn't really count that as a red flag
Well maybe Verge knew but he didn't want say nothing because the Nintendo Ninjas will get him. Verge please tell me Rayman in smash ultimate.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Well maybe Verge knew but he didn't want say nothing because the Nintendo Ninjas will get him. Verge please tell me Rayman in smash ultimate.
Lol if the Nintendo ninjas were after him I think they would have gotten him by now with the other things he's gotten right. Him saying he knew of Richter wouldn't make too much of a difference

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As silly as it is, I'm glad people are speculating about the yellow and purple chairs. I think K.Rool and Ridley getting in proves Sakurai is listening, so we need to be louder than ever. Even if Rayman doesn't make the base roster, there's always room for DLC

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Found this on reddit, imagining what Rayman's reveal would be like. Thought it was funny.

View attachment 157223

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/96mxdt/i_know_that_im_just_getting_my_hopes_up_but_if/
Good god, how did I never think of that!? This might even be better than a trailer where Rayman meets/fights his fellow toon mascots.

...Of course, it wouldn't be perfect without Ray nonchalantly sawing Link in half with his hair-blades while simultaneously beating his face in with his own shield.
:) :reverse: :evil:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've got the strongest feeling that if Rayman is in, he'll be in the next batch of reveals. Either the opener like Simon, or the one last thing like K. Rool.

Let's hope we don't have to wait another two months before then.

heroscott

Smash Rookie
I played his game on Sega Saturn! I think he'd be a solid DLC contender, the bundle could look something like this :

Rayman (Newcomer)
Rabbids (AT)
Rabbids themed Mii Fighter Gear

Takasmash

Smash Ace
You know Rabbids came back from the dead and Mario and Rabbids game dont help Rabbids chances in smash.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I've got the strongest feeling that if Rayman is in, he'll be in the next batch of reveals. Either the opener like Simon, or the one last thing like K. Rool.

Let's hope we don't have to wait another two months before then.
As ecstatic and probably dead from a heart attack as I'll be if Rayman gets revealed, I do feel like he's more likely to be an opener than a closer given popularity reasons.

Also it would be amazing if Rayman got revealed, we queued back to Sakurai sitting on his chair facing away from the camera, he turns around, and looked like this:
e38.jpg

And then after that he just talks about the character like he did for Simon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Rayman in Super Smash Flash 2 looks like a lot of fun, but he looks kinda buggy right now. Not surprising. Really hope the update with him, Simon, and Krystal drops soon. It even has the Venus Lighthouse stage - but still nothing on Final Smashes coming back.

...also, the fact that Rayman doesn't have a stage and Luffy still doesn't have one bothers my OCD.

Top Bottom