• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Leak Deconfirmed

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
No. The entire topic changed to "omg lets post the same screenshot we just saw". It was stupid and worsened the conversation... And the ultimate motivation for these trolls was purely the disappointment.
"No" what? Are you trying to argue that people aren't responsible for the sequence of keys and mouse clicks they press to create messages here? C'mon man.

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
I know this was to promote your channel and all, so congrats to you for getting more followers. Your fake took a lot of time and it was well done, best I've ever seen. Good luck with whatever success this thing brings you. I would like to say that I wish that you had spent your time doing something else, but lets be real you got on the front page of smashboards. On the bright side I won't be wasting my time with leaks anytime soon

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Uh no. It's closed because a lot of people can't stop acting like babies over video game news, fake or otherwise. That falls on the individuals posting, not the guy who made the images.

I get it, I wanted Rayman too. Doesn't mean I have the right to nerd rage all over the internet since he made a "leak". Just gonna take away the fact that it was impressive and move on with my life.
Poor @JamesDNaux ....

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I am a little bit angry for how gullible I was (look at GameXplains feed and apparently I think its 97.999999% confirmed,,,) But I am more impressed by the mans skills. He has great potential and I will look into his smashified series. Though I hope that the man does not get any further heat for this.
Same here. I hope he starts a Facebook though, because I don't have a Youtube or Twitter, and I want to suggest ideas for characters for him to smashify.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Yeah, shame that had to happen. Dude clearly has the passion to run that kind of thread. Running the full gambit of "leak found" > "LEAK IS TOTALLY REAL" > "oh wait" in two-ish days is pretty condensed. Least it isn't a permanent lock.

I think if anything all this could generate hype for his inclusion and increase his chances as a DLC/SSB5 character in the future, so there's that.

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
If this leak was real, I'd probably be like this:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
"I didn't see all of this coming o_o" What? Have you never seen the smash community? What did you really expect?

LaunchStar

Smash Cadet
Meanwhile, can we all laugh at the guy who tried to piggyback off of this and pretend to be Omni for a second?

I think it will help us all unwind.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well...

I've learned something today. Everything is a lie.

YEAH!!!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
To Everyone Who Has Ever Doubted Me And Called Me A Fool In The Past, You Can Lick My Heels On The Most Realistic Fake We've Seen So Far. Lick!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Don't you just love it when people make leaks to play with your mind?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The smugness of my avatar summaries this whole venture this weekend. Stay classly SB.

Last edited:
I'm kinda sad because of how many people were happy about Rayman, but I myself am completely neutral on him, and glad in a sense because this increases the chances of Roy being the first post-Mewtwo DLC character, and the possibility of one DLC slot for all DLC characters to avoid complicating roster positions, expanded roster size, or a second page for the roster are now all possibilities back into play.

Last edited:

Ur2Slow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sponger64
This sucks, I was maining this character if it was true. This was definitely the most convincing leak since gematsu and ESRB. It terrifies me to think what could be the leaks of future smash games

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, that's a bit disappointing. Both because I welcome new characters and that I mostly believed it given the ESRB leak. I feel for the Rayman fans and want to mention that trolling/flaming/delicious tears for the sake of making fans angry won't be tolerated.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I just wait one day to confirm it!

Turn out to be fake! (I was never hype to, instead I was confused and the same timel, I wait for the Nintendo Direct)

That leak was really really genius and That ONE REASON, Nintendo never talk about it or took down is video.
Well played, well...played.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCCUnGQxU1A

Edit: Can someone learn me how to make youtube videos in threads so the video itself shows up instead of the link?
Above where you type, there's some icons that of course allow you to write in bold, italic, and all that cool stuff. There should be an icon with 2 "movie films" on it, and it should be between the smilely face and the quotation marks ("). You click that, another thing will pop up telling you to put the link of your video there, and then post when done.

Like this:

Actually, I guess you could put the link between "" without the quotation marks. And then it would post.

EDIT: Oh did that last part really come out like that? Dang. OK At least you get what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I respect the guy's talent, and I appreciate the premise of his "Smashified" project.

However, making it a fake leak was unnecessary. He didn't need to do that to get the project off the ground, because only the more hardcore fans who actually explore forums will bother sending him requests. The guy seems fine, but he just made a **** move, and did more than he really needed to. I would have supported his project just fine even if he didn't do the leak thing.

That being said, has he released the Rayman render yet in a high quality image file? I'd like to download it and use it for avatars and stuff in the future.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Above where you type, there's some icons that of course allow you to write in bold, italic, and all that cool stuff. There should be an icon with 2 "movie films" on it, and it should be between the smilely face and the quotation marks ("). You click that, another thing will pop up telling you to put the link of your video there, and then post when done.

Like this:

Actually, I guess you could put the link between "" without the quotation marks. And then it would post.
Thank you, I'm gonna try to remember it next time i'll post a video. :upsidedown:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
I respect the guy's talent, and I appreciate the premise of his "Smashified" project.

However, making it a fake leak was unnecessary. He didn't need to do that to get the project off the ground, because only the more hardcore fans who actually explore forums will bother sending him requests. The guy seems fine, but he just made a **** move, and did more than he really needed to. I would have supported his project just fine even if he didn't do the leak thing.

That being said, has he released the Rayman render yet in a high quality image file? I'd like to download it and use it for avatars and stuff in the future.
I dunno, the false leak was a brilliant advertising move. Way more people know about his project now, for him it was probably quite successful. But yeah, bit of a **** move. So was claiming that he didn't know this would happen. If he didn't think it would blow up, what exactly was the point of it?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's funny how most of them actually thought or even believed the leak was real. lol

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gosh... that Kirby...
It's funny how most of them actually thought or even believed the leak was real. lol
Well, after the ESRB leak, everybody takes every video leak real.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I dunno, the false leak was a brilliant advertising move. Way more people know about his project now, for him it was probably quite successful. But yeah, bit of a **** move. So was claiming that he didn't know this would happen. If he didn't think it would blow up, what exactly was the point of it?
Way more people KNOW about it, but half of the people who just saw it because of Twitter trending will forget about it in the future, and won't actually participate. If his goal was to make art for hardcore fans of potential Smash characters, he should have just went to some Smash sites and talked about his goal with admins, and they could help advertise him.

He achieved his goal either way, I just wish he didn't have to get other people upset to do it.

D

Deleted member

Apparently any half-decent artist can fool thousands of people over the internet even though everybody should know better by now. Yawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom