• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

In before me, what?
Am I supposed to say something, or are you just trying to pick a fight?
Ive seen you say how other 3rd part characters had trophies in the game multiple tumes so it wasnt a conspiracy that rayman has a trophy.. No harm intended. This is the 2nd time a playful reference backfired. I should stop doing them >_>

Also page 100 hype :bluejump: may we have 1900 more!

Edit nope. Ridley thread only had ~1950 pages. So may we have 1849 more :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ive seen you say how other 3rd part characters had trophies in the game multiple tumes so it wasnt a conspiracy that rayman has a trophy.. No harm intended. This is the 2nd time a playful reference backfired. I should stop doing them >_>
Ah. No harm done, then.
Though what I've pointed out in the past about 3rd Party trophies existing wouldn't have made sense in the context of "popular enough to get a trophy" anyway.

What I have said that would be in the right context would be on the order of why Rayman had three trophies, which was because of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I love the teensies design so much. Absolutely perfect.

Too bad rayman doesnt look too happy.

Seriously teensies are great
Oh, ywah, I put that expression on him because, let's say he was asleep and the Grand Minimus woke him up.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, ywah, I put that expression on him because, let's say he was asleep and the Grand Minimus woke him up.
Or boredom...That can make that kind of face too. But now, I want to see the Teensies again from 3... I should try to draw them...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Rayman2.png

Well, not the cleanest I done the lines, but meh. I'm not in a decent mood right now.. So, hope you like it...I also played with the blend filters like previous drawings just because...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I never played the original Rayman, but after listening to this song, I feel like this would be the PERFECT music choice for his reveal trailer.
I played it, I loved it to no end. But it was pretty hard for me by the end of it. So I never got to beat it before...But really, there are a lot of songs Rayman could have. Rayman 1's, Arena's, 3's Intro, ect....

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Man, what a difference a leak can make.
We literally jumped from the 40s to page 100 in a WEEK. This is proof that the leak has done us far more good than bad. With Rayman having received a TON of publicity and the ArtsyOmni leak nearing 700K views on YouTube, that momentum will only continue to drive us forward.
As I bid you guys a good night, I want to ask a question that everyone should think about for the next few days:
How else can we spread the word that Rayman should be a fighter? I mean, spreading the word around sites such as Facebook and Youtube can only mean more supporters. Should we constantly ask YouTubers such as Smooth McGroove to make remixes of some Rayman songs? Should we make videos of our own to spread the word? I'm asking this because some threads are releasing videos to attract attention to the idea that their character should be a fighter.
It's true, we might just be a few fans. But you never know:
We could make a difference if we take action.
#KeepOnFighting

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Man, what a difference a leak can make.
We literally jumped from the 40s to page 100 in a WEEK. This is proof that the leak has done us far more good than bad. With Rayman having received a TON of publicity and the ArtsyOmni leak nearing 700K views on YouTube, that momentum will only continue to drive us forward.
As I bid you guys a good night, I want to ask a question that everyone should think about for the next few days:
How else can we spread the word that Rayman should be a fighter? I mean, spreading the word around sites such as Facebook and Youtube can only mean more supporters. Should we constantly ask YouTubers such as Smooth McGroove to make remixes of some Rayman songs? Should we make videos of our own to spread the word? I'm asking this because some threads are releasing videos to attract attention to the idea that their character should be a fighter.
It's true, we might just be a few fans. But you never know:
We could make a difference if we take action.
#KeepOnFighting
We could do that, actually. The question is, how much publicity would our video get?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*Obligatory 100 page celebration post*

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
We could always go the route of making a professional-looking video, making a donation pool for charity and/or tweeting it to Ubisoft directly, which could get them interested in doing it just because of how much support the idea is getting possibly meaning big $ for them; but that could take a long time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In regards to getting our voices heard, someone brought up the idea the we could all post on Miiverse asking for Rayman as DLC. We could also plan a day were we all tweet to Ubisoft, Sakuari, Nintendo etc. Letters and e-mails are another way to get your voice heard. I actually finished a rough draft of a letter about a month ago, I'm going add one more thing to it, the situation of the fake leak.

SnarkyCrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Snarkycrow
In regards to getting our voices heard, someone brought up the idea the we could all post on Miiverse asking for Rayman as DLC. We could also plan a day were we all tweet to Ubisoft, Sakuari, Nintendo etc. Letters and e-mails are another way to get your voice heard. I actually finished a rough draft of a letter about a month ago, I'm going add one more thing to it, the situation of the fake leak.
The miiverse thing sounds p nice, with the little screenshot competition it could up our voices a bit too.
Can't tweet tho, I have no account on twitter :1

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The miiverse thing sounds p nice, with the little screenshot competition it could up our voices a bit too.
Pretty much, same with me. Sorry. But I hope it works out for you guys.

EDIT:
Well, anyways. Good Night everyone, take care...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sales don't equal iconicness:

This refers to Snake, but the statement works with Rayman too.
He may be very iconic, but not at the same iconic standards as the big three.
Is there some reason you quoted me for this?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sales don't equal iconicness:

This refers to Snake, but the statement works with Rayman too.
He may be very iconic, but not at the same iconic standards as the big three.
There are no "big three" as not only is Mega Man not on the level of Sonic and Pac-Man's level of iconicness, but there exists third-party characters far more iconic than him.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I brought you up only to argue sales don't equal iconicness remember. :p

There are no "big three" as not only is Mega Man not on the level of Sonic and Pac-Man's level of iconicness, but there exists third-party characters far more iconic than him.
Like? Megaman is still very iconic, he's pretty close to the iconic level Sonic is on at least.
Rayman is probably below Megaman's iconicness. He doesn't have a large fanbase in Japan too.
Not to say he's not gonna make it, but you can't compare Rayman to Megaman. :p

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Pretty much, same with me. Sorry. But I hope it works out for you guys
Sorry if it sounds like I'm pressuring you, but Twitter accounts aren't hard to make, it's a very simple process.

Top Bottom