• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think this is the most populated this thread has ever been. On my screen at least, 67 users combined.

Damn.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, whether it's real or not, I don't really mind.

If it's real, then congrats, you guys, you got what you wanted. Rayman is a cool dude who doesn't afraid of anything.

But I'm going to ASSUME it's fake until we find out for sure.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

More comparisons, I swear if this is fake the faker did some serious homework.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
My reaction when looking at the shots:

My reaction if he's truly confirmed:

But seriously, as much as I want to keep my hopes low after that Nintendo of Canada 'leak', I find it hard to argue against its credibility. I mean, if it was photoshopped, it would obviously use the in game trophy. This looks too detailed to be anything but a hoax. Still, I'm crossing my fingers until they officially announce him via Nintendo Direct, hopefully next month or so, and judging by the leaks with Palutena, Duck Hunt, Shulk, etc., I think we all have it made here. :)

I have to say, I really love the Rayman 1-esque pose there, albeit mirror, but I can't complain, can I? Nostolgia overload! It looks way better than his trophy pose, even if it follows the Origins design. Who want's to bet some of things that will be in the game that we've discussed, such as special attacks, grimace taunt, Murfy assist trophy, etc.?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I go shopping for one day and when I come back I see a possible Rayman leak. I was disappointed I couldn't find a Sonic amiibo, but THIS, made my day, assuming it's real.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OH MY GOD I AM SO HYPED
I WANT TO MAIN THAT LIMBLESS MAN
I SUPPORTED HIM (albeit in the sidelines) SINCE BRAWL
SAKURAI, MAKE MY DAY.

Also, Hi!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Aww to heck with it! I'm just gonna take a chance and call it the real deal now! Besides, if it isn't real, Nintendo wouldn't be taking these photos down like they have with the 3DS leak.

Now for some appropriate celebration music:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People keep saying that the names bleeding into the character icons is what disproves it...

...but it's like that in the actual game.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
People keep saying that the names bleeding into the character icons is what disproves it...

...but it's like that in the actual game.
R.O.B. and Ness' portraits also look a bit misaligned here, which is another thing brought up against the leak.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think it's true. That makes me happy. But also sad that they won't add Bayonetta probabbly.......(here's hoping there will be more after that dlc!)

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Rayman was right up there with Pac-man as my most requested 3rd party character. If he's in then it'll make my week!

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
Usually "leaked DLC" is laughable, but this one looks really legit. If it's fake, props to the faker, they put in a lot of work.

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Considering Nintendo asked for permission to use Rayman as a Trophy it wouldn't be a bad idea to turn him into a character. And because 2 dlc characters are wayyy better than 1 and makes the roster look nice and square or in the case of the 3ds version at least a bit more fitting. And he is unique to qualify himself as a character. Tons of reasons to make him a character and the photos do look on par with the Mewtwo Model just a bit brighter, but understandable considering that Greninja appears a bit darker in the trailer, but on the character select screen he was much more brighter. Don't want to get my hype too high, but it's hard to find inconsistencies, discrepancies, or any positive results from photoshop or reused image tools.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiWdJcEEC7s

Something interesting is mentioned at around 2:10. The annotation mentions that this was just him talking about the Rayman trophy, but I just find it odd that he would list Rayman while talking about playable characters. Or maybe it was just a mistake, either way, still hyped for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiWdJcEEC7s

Something interesting is mentioned at around 2:10. The annotation mentions that this was just him talking about the Rayman trophy, but I just find it odd that he would list Rayman while talking about playable characters. Or maybe it was just a mistake, either way, still hyped for this.
They wouldn't know about DLC that early. Nintendo of Canada really wouldn't be told much at all.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait.
Intruder from another Dimension.
Another Dimension.
Which means they ain't Nintendo.

...IT HURTS
MY CROTCH HURTS