• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Guys, I know it may seem silly, because this could be fake, but I'm almost crying tears of joy.
Sonic.
Mario.
Rayman.
My three favorite video game franchises and characters, are in the same game, and can duke it out.
This may be my favorite video game of all-time for that reason alone.

Wait.
Intruder from another Dimension.
Another Dimension.
Which means they ain't Nintendo.

...IT HURTS
MY CROTCH HURTS
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Now we're reaching too far, guys. :p

That probably just refers to characters you do not own or hacked characters not part of the game.

Khao

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiWdJcEEC7s

Something interesting is mentioned at around 2:10. The annotation mentions that this was just him talking about the Rayman trophy, but I just find it odd that he would list Rayman while talking about playable characters. Or maybe it was just a mistake, either way, still hyped for this.
Even if this is real, I doubt that guy actually knew about something like this that far ahead, he probably didn't even know any more than we did at the time. =P

Plus, I don't think they had any real plans for DLC that early.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Intruder from another Dimension.
Another Dimension.
Which means they ain't Nintendo.
I'd actually forgotten about this. I originally thought it was Mewtwo, but..well, they directly talk about Pokemon in other Palutena Guidance discussions, so this could very well be for Rayman.

Even if this is real, I doubt that guy actually knew about something like this that far ahead, he probably didn't even know any more than we did at the time. =P

Plus, I don't think they had any real plans for DLC that early.
Haha, maybe. Just can't help but jump at stuff like this right now, especially when he directly mentions Rayman.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Changed my Icon/Signature to suit the mood.
Baby Globox be all like "Bedoop!" tho
:3

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have a serious urge to play Rayman again.

A very, very serious urge.

Good thing I have the 3DS technically DSi port of the original.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I have a serious urge to play Rayman again.

A very, very serious urge.

Good thing I have the 3DS technically DSi port of the original.
I can't recommend Rayman Legends more. (well, the Xbox 360 version anyway!) My favourite 2D platformer of all time, just above Super Mario World and the original DKC.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can't recommend Rayman Legends more. (well, the Xbox 360 version anyway!) My favourite 2D platformer of all time, just above Super Mario World and the original DKC.
I actually don't have Legends, but I do have Origins.

I'm settling for the old for now, though. Nostalgia galore.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In regards to the Palutena's Guidance, I think it's catch-all guidance for DLC characters. It's unlikely they could call in all of the voice actors again just to record 20 or so lines, let alone in multiple languages. Mewtwo and Rayman will both likely have that guidance. And any other future DLC characters.

It's a fun meta reference too when you think about it - Palutena "has no data on this fighter" because she was programmed into the game long before that fighter. :p

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
As for the Rayman amiibo, I think it will look like: Plastic between legs and body. Between body and arms. And between body and head.

Instead of this where everything is from the stand.

I researched far and wide for over 40 minutes and I can't find anything to disprove this leak. I am hyped!
Rayman my new main joining: :4palutena::4zss::4dedede::rosalina: . Sorry, but you 2 will be kicked out. :4darkpit::4pit: Possibly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I likely won't play as Rayman as much as I do Rosalina, but I will try to make him played as much as Sonic, who is my second main. Mega Man, Yoshi, Duck Hunt Duo, and Mario are gonna be pushed down a bit. Not to mention the other few character I have been practicing with.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It looks like I'm about to be proven wrong that Rayman was less likely than Agnes and Bayonetta. :p
Good for you guys! I'm actually extremely excited it's happening.
Let's not be too hasty, now. Perhaps this leak is real; perhaps it isn't. We should wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions about it being legitimate.
And how on earth are Agnes and Bayonetta more likely?

Anyway, I believe I've offered my support for Rayman's inclusion awhile back. Should this turn out to be real, I think Smash 4 will have gained another excellent character. I don't know what the outcome of this will be, but I'm hoping for the best, for all of you.;)

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I heard about this from Etika, who made a video about it
This is the exact same brand of flat screen TV I have in my bedroom. :3 Game wise as far as he's concerned are Rayman DS, Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends. These leaks look VERY legit. I'm so hyped! :D

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
As for the Rayman amiibo, I think it will look like: Plastic between legs and body. Between body and arms. And between body and head.

Instead of this where everything is from the stand.

I researched far and wide for over 40 minutes and I can't find anything to disprove this leak. I am hyped!
Rayman my new main joining: :4palutena::4zss::4dedede::rosalina: . Sorry, but you 2 will be kicked out. :4darkpit::4pit: Possibly.
Wouldn't a Rayman amiibo technically be cheating the DLC function?
Since you can just put Rayman in without having to get the DLC
:U

Khao

Smash Lord
Just for the heck of it, I decided to open the images in photoshop and mess around with contrast levels to see if there was any of the typical artifacts left over when someone messes with a picture without really bothering about "covering" the act. (Meaning intentionally taking an extra step to make sure this very thing isn't possible.)

Got nothing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Rayman's splash screen lacks the lighting effect in the top left corner at the same intensity as all the other splash screen banners have.

I dunno, guys.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm accepting it as real at this point.

Only three points have been brought up against this. All three were debunked instantly. Nothing else has come since.

Compare it to almost any other leak, where people are at it for ages. Even the Summer 2014 3DS leak came under much heavier scrutiny, and turned out to be real.

It doesn't even feel like anyone was trying to cover it up either. These are extremely high quality photos, not that potato quality garbage most leaks give us. As if the leaker is confidently inviting us to analyse to our heart's content, knowing we will find nothing to disprove it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 278362

Here's a flipped version of the first game's cover.

You're welcome. I think this is legit based on all the evidence I found.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Rayman's splash screen lacks the lighting effect in the top left corner at the same intensity as all the other splash screen banners have.

*images*

I dunno, guys.
A portion of Rayman's unlock screen is cutoff on the left-hand side in that image.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

If it's real, it's just Rayman and Mewtwo. I'm totally ok with that. Snake...

I dunno, guys.
I'm looking at a blatant white glare on Rayman's screen.

Soul.

I dunno, guys.
There is a lighting effect on the top left. It's just not as noticeable as the other ones.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Ah, didn't see the TV screen pic. I stand corrected then. I made the distinction that the lighting was not at the same intensity as in the other screens, not that it wasn't there completely, but that TV screen pic sells it.

#GetHyped

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey guys, remember this?

months.PNG

We've come a long way since then...6 months!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I dunno, guys.
That lighting effect is animated, not static. It isn't a still image. You can even see that in the Duck Hunt Duo image, it's less intense than the Lucina and Dr. Mario ones, because it was taken at a different point in the animation.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm accepting it as real at this point.

Only three points have been brought up against this. All three were debunked instantly. Nothing else has come since.

Compare it to almost any other leak, where people are at it for ages. Even the Summer 2014 3DS leak came under much heavier scrutiny, and turned out to be real.

It doesn't even feel like anyone was trying to cover it up either. These are extremely high quality photos, not that potato quality garbage most leaks give us. As if the leaker is confidently inviting us to analyse to our heart's content, knowing we will find nothing to disprove it.

That lighting effect is animated, not static. It isn't a still image. You can even see that in the Duck Hunt Duo image, it's less intense than the Lucina and Dr. Mario ones, because it was taken at a different point in the animation.

I would like to remind you that we've had several very convincing "leaks" in the past, ones that stood strong in the face of scrutiny, that ended up being fake.

Mind you, I'm not saying it is fake, but keep an open mind.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

You know, that text on the bomb always looked Rayman 1-ish to me. Anyone else think this?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
*whistles*

Man.

Don't wanna say it's 100% real, since there's always that chance, but it sure does look plausible.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

If it's real, it's just Rayman and Mewtwo. I'm totally ok with that. Snake...

I'm looking at a blatant white glare on Rayman's screen.
That 3DS roster screen looks beautiful.

But I want 2 more DLC characters. I hope this Rayman opens up the last 2 doors...
RAYMAN FOR LIFE.

Top Bottom