• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I remember that one time I thought that the "water" in that level would kill you, but in one gameplay I did in the game I fell off and.. I was very surprised that you could walk on it xD.
I thought the same! it was funny and pretty. xD

AndreaAC

It's honestly one of my favorite levels, design wise. It's very peaceful and nice looking, imo.
Totally, the second one would be the Dessert of the Knaaren, because I love red sunsets and the Land of the Livid Dead because it's dark and rainy.

I thought it was water myself, but it's really just a very reflective floor. xD

It was more "Yahoo, yay me!"
One I heard well was when he says "Alright Ladies and Gents, let's roll!" in the Tower of the Leptys.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I agree. It has a beatiful song too.
Totally agree. :)

Totally, the second one would be the Dessert of the Knaaren, because I love red sunsets and the Land of the Livid Dead because it's dark and rainy.

One I heard well was when he says "Alright Ladies and Gents, let's roll!" in the Tower of the Leptys.
Agreed, I love most of all of the levels in R3, it's very distinctive and charming in their own ways.

And really, I never heard him ever say that before...huh...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Happy #10000 message!

I love lots of songs in Rayman 3, well I could say, I love the music in the 3 games.

AndreaAC

Totally agree. :)

Agreed, I love most of all of the levels in R3, it's very distinctive and charming in their own ways.

And really, I never heard him esay that before...huh...
I still dream that the R4 Prototype was made, it had pretty similar levels to R3,R2, and R1. It has a little bit of each and it's PERFECT that way.

xD And I swear he does, when you are going against the hoodlum ships and he jumps to get into the cannon thing to go into a killin' spree.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I still dream that the R4 Prototype was made, it had pretty similar levels to R3,R2, and R1. It has a little bit of each and it's PERFECT that way.

xD And I swear he does, when you are going against the hoodlum ships and he jumps to get into the cannon thing to go into a killin' spree.
I wish that was the case myself, too...I hope something like that game can exist, someday...

And well, it's been years since I've played that part of R3, so if I get the time to finish it again on the emulator, maybe I can check and see. And also, maybe get that secret room to open up as well...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Geez, TT u TT Why I don't have PS yet to draw something to celebrate that? Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get back to it if school doesn't ruin it!
:) Hope everything goes well for you, I'd like to see what you can do from that. xD

These ones are from my favorites:

xD Great choices, I would also add this one. :3

TuT So...peaceful...

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Rayman 1 and 2 stages or something representing those games, but I think they'll put a Rayman Origins stage in 3DS and a Legends stage in Wii U, at least in Rayman's Trophy it says those 2 appearances in those 2 games.

Yeah, it seems like something Sakurai would do if he were to put Rayman in. Just get content from the recent games for cross promotion. This is what Smash is for Nintendo anyway, to celebrate Nintendo's past and present history.

AndreaAC

These ones are from my favorites:

:) Hope everything goes well for you, I'd like to see what you can do from that. xD

xD Great choices, I would also add this one. :3

TuT So...peaceful...
Love all of the choices, <u< Too bad that intense theme that the Tower of the Leptys has at some point in the level isn't in youtube.
http://hosting.raymanpc.com/raytunes/music/R3/116 - No Time to Lose! ~Conveyor Belts~.mp3
but it's this one.
The BEST PART starts at 1:33

YEARS waiting for that freakin' song.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Love all of the choices, <u< Too bad that intense theme that the Tower of the Leptys has at some point in the level isn't in youtube.
http://hosting.raymanpc.com/raytunes/music/R3/116 - No Time to Lose! ~Conveyor Belts~.mp3
but it's this one.
The BEST PART starts at 1:33

YEARS waiting for that freakin' song.
xD Yeah, I know, as I was trying to get you that song, hence why I started playing R3 again just to get it for you. But luckyly, they added it to Raytunes now, so that's good that they did so now you have it for yourself. :)

AndreaAC

xD Yeah, I know, as I was trying to get you that song, hence why I started playing R3 again just to get it for you. But luckyly, they added it to Raytunes now, so that's good that they did so now you have it for yourself. :)
TT u TT but why they didn't added it before? I only played the Tower of the Leptys over and over JUST to be able to listen to that song for a while.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
TT u TT but why they didn't added it before? I only played the Tower of the Leptys over and over JUST to be able to listen to that song for a while.
Well, maybe it was harder to rip?...Meh, Idk, maybe just laziness, as most of those tracks before they replaced the old ones with direct rips from the HD version of R3, they came from uploads on Youtube, I think they said. So since no one uploaded that song on Youtube, they didn't have it on Raytunes, my guess...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, maybe it was harder to rip?...Meh, Idk, maybe just laziness, as most of those tracks before they replaced the old ones with direct rips from the HD version of R3, they came from uploads on Youtube, I think they said. So since no one uploaded that song on Youtube, they didn't have it on Raytunes, my guess...
Yup, probably it was that, haha, you know what? I wish I had that theme in my alarm clock, it would SURELY wake me up, SCARE THE HECK OUT OF ME, but, I would wake up. xD Those FAST AND STRONG BEATS ARE AWESOME!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yup, probably it was that, haha, you know what? I wish I had that theme in my alarm clock, it would SURELY wake me up, SCARE THE HECK OUT OF ME, but, I would wake up. xD Those FAST AND STRONG BEATS ARE AWESOME!
Totally.

>.> And, sorry about the late reply...Smashboards just stayed frozen all this time...it wasn't updating, so I didn't notice you posted...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Do you think that the 20th anniversary of Rayman could be one reason to be included in Smash? I mean, well is his 20th anniversary and I hope to see the best for him but his 20th is the work for Ubisoft and not other companies. Of course an amazing gift could be for his 20th anniversary being in Smash, but I don't know, do you think that if Rayman is one of the most voted characters in the ballot this reason would be a good one to get chosen from the most wanted in the ballot? I hope so.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Do you think that the 20th anniversary of Rayman could be one reason to be included in Smash? I mean, well is his 20th anniversary and I hope to see the best for him but his 20th is the work for Ubisoft and not other companies. Of course an amazing gift could be for his 20th anniversary being in Smash, but I don't know, do you think that if Rayman is one of the most voted characters in the ballot this reason would be a good one to get choosen from the most wanted in the ballot? I hope so.
I honestly don't think that should really matter. The likely hood of Rayman's inclusion should just be determined based on how much of a icon he is in the gaming genre, and not just because he's been around for 20 years. It's a nice circumstance that he's turning 20, but I don't think he should be tied to his anniversary as a reason for being adding into Smash Bros, imo..

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I beat Rayman 3 for the first time in years. A couple of things have aged, but overall it's still my favorite Rayman game.

AndreaAC

I beat Rayman 3 for the first time in years. A couple of things have aged, but overall it's still my favorite Rayman game.
:) Glad to hear. Hehe, I hope I don't get too much into it again since now I can play it without having to plug in the GC into a TV and without worriying about the disc.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
:) Glad to hear. Hehe, I hope I don't get too much into it again since now I can play it without having to plug in the GC into a TV and without worriying about the disc.
I think I'm going to try and finish R3 tonight, since I'm practically at the end anyways. From what I've already played through, I think most things handled through fine enough, and at least made what R2's gameplay brought for a 3D Rayman game and made improvements, although it could be even better. But overall, I enjoyed playing through the game so far, and felt it's worth my time, imo. Still see it as one of my most favorite Rayman games.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Since there's not much going on here, I'll be the first to post the newest Retro Rayman. Not sure if this Nintendo-related in any way, even though it has been on the SNES

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Since there's not much going on here, I'll be the first to post the newest Retro Rayman. Not sure if this Nintendo-related in any way, even though it has been on the SNES

Final Fantasy Rayman, huh? Pretty interesting.

It's based on Square Enix, but Final Fantasy was on Nintendo console a whole lot when it was the 2D series of them (when the company was also call Squaresoft back then).

Last edited:

samuroleon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Samuroleon
Oh gosh, speaking as one of the top Rayman Legends players, I'm massively supporting him for Smash Bros. I'd love to play as him

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Nice, thanks for sharing seriously, I was thinking that Rayman stopped with the RetroRayman, and well, Final Fantasy was a Nintendo exclusive since the NES, until the N64 came.. because of the cartridges, they wanted to release FFVII in the Sony Playstation (which has 2 CD's).

Oh gosh, speaking as one of the top Rayman Legends players, I'm massively supporting him for Smash Bros. I'd love to play as him
Nice to hear that, welcome to the Glade of Dreams!

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, so far they've been showing games that are or have been on Nintendo consoles. I wonder how if they'll end up showing a Retro Rayman that isn't related to Nintendo in any way?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'm not even big into RPGs, yet this is awesome! I kind of want a Rayman RPG now.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm not even big into RPGs, yet this is awesome! I kind of want a Rayman RPG now.

Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
I was honestly thinking the same thing after seeing that image, I think that would be pretty neat.

And also, I like how ever since I said should that "Rayman Sexbomb" video should be our greetings response for this thread, everyone started using it now. xD

My support goes out to Rayman.
Welcome to the Glade. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom