• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SHULK RAY.jpg

Ray isn't really feeling it.

@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

This is the last Raymanized character I will do, if you wonder why, blame the inhuman Spring "Break" homework.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Direct confirmed for tomorrow, and apparently Sakurai confirmed that a certain character will appear.

Mewtwo of course. But this is Sakurai...

Still holding on to the small hope that they kept another character secret. Rayman and/or Snake.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Direct confirmed for tomorrow, and apparently Sakurai confirmed that a certain character will appear.

Mewtwo of course. But this is Sakurai...

Still holding on to the small hope that they kept another character secret. Rayman and/or Snake.
You say it's a "certain" character. Not just stating, Mewtwo will be revealed. That might mean there is another character. Not certain, but possibly. That would explain the rather seeming delay of Mewtwo's release, imo. But if anything, I'd assume another veteran....

Roy?...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, as much as I would love it, none of us should expect a second character to be announced.

I mean, look at when it's taking place. If Nintendo decided to show Rayman as an April Fool's Joke, I would cry.

This is coming from a man, by the way.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, as much as I would love it, none of us should expect a second character to be announced.

I mean, look at when it's taking place. If Nintendo decided to show Rayman as an April Fool's Joke, I would cry.

This is coming from a man, by the way.
>Implying a man can't cry.

Meh. Doesn't stop me at times. But yeah, indeed. We'd have to wait and see.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You say it's a "certain" character. Not just stating, Mewtwo will be revealed. That might mean there is another character. Not certain, but possibly. That would explain the rather seeming delay of Mewtwo's release, imo. But if anything, I'd assume another veteran....

Roy?...
Yeah, he fact that he didn't just outright say Mewtwo raises suspicion, but it's best to stay cautious.

I do think it'd probably be a veteran though if we did get someone else... Snake...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know about you guys, but the results for the PushDustin poll are coming in tomorrow.

Only then will we see how wanted Rayman is compared to other characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake and Rayman were in the top ten (Snake top five) last I saw, so I'm hoping they held their positions or jumped up a few.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Snake and Rayman were in the top ten (Snake top five) last I saw, so I'm hoping they held their positions or jumped up a few.
Oh, I'm very sure Rayman has jumped up a few spots.
I mean, the leak singlehandedly revived peoples' interest in the character. I wouldn't be surprised if he was AHEAD of Snake.
We'll wait and see, but Rayman has alot going for him.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh, I'm very sure Rayman has jumped up a few spots.
I mean, the leak singlehandedly revived peoples' interest in the character. I wouldn't be surprised if he was AHEAD of Snake.
We'll wait and see, but Rayman has alot going for him.
Mind, Rayman was in the top ten well after the leak passed. He'll still be high up, but the question is whether or not other characters surpassed him. I'm hoping that they kept getting votes so I can see the glorious trio in the top three (never happening).

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Mind, Rayman was in the top ten well after the leak passed. He'll still be high up, but the question is whether or not other characters surpassed him. I'm hoping that they kept getting votes so I can see the glorious trio in the top three (never happening).
Just out of curiosity, but who's the glorious trio that you speak of?

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Rayman and Snake combo pack = Best Direct yet.

I'm just hoping for at least one surprise.

Come on Rayman!!! You're almost there!!!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
View attachment 45059
This is the last Raymanized character I will do, if you wonder why, blame the inhuman Spring "Break" homework.
Great work.
That sucks, schools should not give assignments on breaks (especially during the summer).

Looking forward to the new Direct, even though I won't be able to catch it. We're definitely getting info on Mewtwo and hopefully Rayman

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Great work.
That sucks, schools should not give assignments on breaks (especially during the summer).

Looking forward to the new Direct, even though I won't be able to catch it. We're definitely getting info on Mewtwo and hopefully Rayman
:) Thanks.

:/ And I know...that's why they are called "Breaks" for heaven's sake...but oh, you can't say anything... maybe in another time I could continue drawing these.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well according to the polls, Rayman is the most requested newcomer.

Above King K. Rool.

Hope looms over the horizon.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well according to the polls, Rayman is the most requested newcomer.

Above King K. Rool.

Hope looms over the horizon.
Well, as from what I heard happening from a test sample, if it's the same thing as of tomorrow's results?

Yep, he became the most wanted 3rd Party Newcomer. :3

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The current top requested characters overall.
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Lucas
  3. Wolf
  4. Snake
  5. Rayman
  6. Banjo-Kazooie
  7. King K. Rool
Snake and Rayman right there in the top five, my wish came true... and Banjo...

Rayman and Banjo right next to each other just sucker punched me in the goddamn feels.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Lucas
  3. Wolf
  4. Snake
  5. Rayman
  6. Banjo-Kazooie
  7. King K. Rool

Rayman and Banjo right next to each other just sucker punched me in the goddamn feels.
I love Banjo but the fact he's so requested is a waste if you ask me. He's impossible to put in Smash. It's like asking for Kratos or Sly Cooper. Same situation.

I feel like Dixie needs to be way more requested than she currently is.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I love Banjo but the fact he's so requested is a waste if you ask me. He's impossible to put in Smash. It's like asking for Kratos or Sly Cooper. Same situation.

I feel like Dixie needs to be way more requested than she currently is.
This poll was based purely on wants, not likeliness.

That's a different poll.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The date of the Direct has been thought by Sakurai, it can only be the work of a twisted mind and troll like him.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Good night, guys. I can't wait to see what the Direct has in store for us tomorrow. Then again, I'm kinda worried they will make a cruel April Fool's joke about our limbless hero.
Also, happy 150th page, everyone. I didn't realize until now, but Mewtwo's Pokedex number is the same.

Coincidence? I think not.
Anyway, take care and stay safe, all of you.
#KeepOnFighting

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Good night, guys. I can't wait to see what the Direct has in store for us tomorrow. Then again, I'm kinda worried they will make a cruel April Fool's joke about our limbless hero.
Also, happy 150th page, everyone. I didn't realize until now, but Mewtwo's Pokedex number is the same.

Coincidence? I think not.
Anyway, take care and stay safe, all of you.
#KeepOnFighting
Good Night, and take care.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Guess who's back. ;)

Listen, I want to say this to everyone, I'm sorry for how I acted last month. I lost control of my emotions that time, and I really regretted the things I said. Though while I wanted the Rayman leak to be real, it was my fault for falling for it so easily. But now, after a month being banned, I'm finally back, and this time I'll keep myself in check and watch what I said.

BTW, happy 150 pages everybody. #KeepOnFighting

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guess who's back. ;)

Listen, I want to say this to everyone, I'm sorry for how I acted last month. I lost control of my emotions that time, and I really regretted the things I said. Though while I wanted the Rayman leak to be real, it was my fault for falling for it so easily. But now, after a month being banned, I'm finally back, and this time I'll keep myself in check and watch what I said.

BTW, happy 150 pages everybody. #KeepOnFighting
Well, regardless of the past, glad to see you again. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Thanks. I'll do my best in preventing the same thing happening again.

BTW, how are things these days?
Well long time no see!

Rayman has jumped to the most wanted newcomer on recent polls, above even the steamrolling King K. Rool.

He ranks fifth place overall, with only veterans above him.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well long time no see!

Rayman has jumped to the most wanted newcomer on recent polls, above even the steamrolling King K. Rool.

He ranks fifth place overall, with only veterans above him.
Just caught wind of it. Even when I was banned for some time, I still kept up to date by watching here for the most part.

That's good news. Not sure about his chances for this Direct, but at least we'll get some news at least.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Lucas
  3. Wolf
  4. Snake
  5. Rayman
  6. Banjo-Kazooie
  7. King K. Rool

I could almost swear Ice Climbers were below Snake...
And I thought Wolf was 1st ahead of Lucas?:054:

Last edited:
Top Bottom