• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Waffles Doc lol(Updated cuz ima nub lol)

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
well, i see a bunch of other docs doing so why not lol

Im a norcal smasher :p

yea critique, rate, wutever, all ur help is valued and appreciated :)

im ok with doc at best i think, im just trying to get better him lol

these vids are all tournament matches to lol

Enjoy!
:)

HMW(Doc) vs SilentSpectre(Falcon)
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmCRtuD3EoE'
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2r0reXILWQ

HMW(Doc) vs Zhu(Falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ8MjUPCH3c

this was 2 weeks ago at davis

HMW(Doc) vs Falcomist(Falco)
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4NbUf1wkOU
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHmSljnfdag
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07dLQBMlKj4

Thank you for watching my crappy doc lol :)

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Well, I only watched the first vs. Falcon and the only one vs Falco.

Falcon, it really looks to me like you are afraid of the guy, lol. I see lots of rolling, but I see you are attempting to space him. I'm seeing overall that you know what you should do but you aren't following up properly when you try someting.

When you back threw Falcon, at low % near the edge me immediate response would have been to follow him with a back air. heck any time I back throw anyone I time a back air chase. Falcon's recovery is very gimpable and doc is a good gimper, I think since you aren't at the same level as your freind with your combos yet that you should focus on your gimp skillz like: Psuedo wall of pain and the almight super sheet. It didn't even look like he was sweetspoting half the time.

Vs. Falcon doc should be able to control his opponent's recovery game, just practice practice practice. Other than that, if you want to go for combos I would suggest Up throw on Falcon to get you started once you grab him, oh and more F-Air, I'm seeing lots of nuetral which is good but I'd like to see mor F, U, and B.

Ok and for Falco my advice is pretty much the same, although I see you got one solid F-Air in and it felt good didn't it? :) that nice warm feeling inside that says you pummled falco. Anyways, when he illusions onto the stage especially above ledge height :| Back air, Back air, ledge hog to deprive him of stock, yes in some cases it is that simple, for other cases retreat to the stage after one B-air and super sheet his fire recovery.

I saw more than one time that his Up-B could have been gimped easily via the sheet and nothing was done :( if you can work on that you will improve your game drastically, and perhaps cause immense swearing to come from a faclo/falcon that is killed at 20% due to your amazing gimpage skillz.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
thanks for the advice :) helps alot

i jus get cuz scared cuz SS is VERY hard to kill so its very hard to just gimp him,

same with zhu kind of

cuz like they know thats wut i wanna do

so when i try theyll jump up quick and spike me, while im b-airing

or once i bthrow zhu will immediately air dodge

ss will up b soo high i to the point he is above me lol

or zhu will trick me into thinking he'll illusion above and then go under me lol

(more johns, more johns)

and when zhu upBd back

that was me being extra dumb, ur rite that couldve easily been capitalized

but yea thanks for ur help

otg

Smash Master
You have a nice Doc, but from what I saw in the Silent Spectre vids, you roll a lot and you didn't really edgeguard him. You gotta be aggressive against Falcon, and get his *** off the stage cause Doc can't go up Punch for punch vs. Falcon.

I'll watch the fight against Zhu later.

gongbomb

Smash Cadet
Hey Waffles,

I know I've seen you play a lot better than that in Davis!

I could tell you really wanted SS to die with those back throws on his first stock. At such a high percent I'm sure you lead into a kill move with downthrow. Other than that I'm sure you know that the edge guarding game was off.

But the second match was much better. Just bair is just a wonderful move.

Well I can't say much about falco cause I'm just terrible at that match up.

We should ditto when you come to Davis. And be ready to fight paul! He's been kickin my doc around, but I bet you could take him out.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Hey man-- That's a pretty **** good doc! Your edgeguarding was pretty tight against SS back there, really evened things out in the end. I agree you looked a little afraid of him, but I think Captain falcon is often a smart choice to be a little cautious with, at least with the Doc. And f*ck, it was Silentspectre.

Anyway, awesome match, nice doc, and.. wow; I'm happy to see people still play this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also agree, I actually saw caping in the second vid. :3 I did see a forward tilt in the first video you had. Anyways, when Falcon was in the air, you should have uaired him. Try more up airs. ;p You seem really good though, thats the level of play I would like to get to. : > Hopefully I could play you.

Yes, Spruce is right. I would have the same problem with my friend ActionB, him and his random Falcon. Haha

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Ah, continuing, for the Zhu vid--

Are you a full out Doc main? I'm sorry if thats a super offensive question. Your control in this match seems really smooth; most of your tech is mad tight, but you didn't seem to really utilize all of doc's capabilities; it could have been situational and i could be wrong, but i think there were instances where you didn't seem to know quite the right thing to do; also alot of your pill game seemed restricted to a couple reverse-wavedash pills and such. Nonetheless, you had a **** well placed Fsmash among other things, and your movement was really fluid and nice. Compliments, but if you're looking for criticism i'd say get more familiar with the rest of doc's techniques so you don't have to think about things too much and get caught up.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Not bad for a Doc main. That one part were you "chasing" SS' Falcon at 1:52 was pretty hilarious, but on some parts, you were stand around too much when you could be using it for better placement. Also, like Omni said, when he's off-stage, Doc's B-Air and sheet is your best finishers. It'll get them every time. You did a little bit better on the second round, but do it more often in future matches.

For Zhu's Falco, be extremely careful around his D-Air spammage. As you can tell, it is a spike that pretty hard to get out of. All I can offer is punish his recovery. When he's Illusion'ing, either F-tilt (or cape if you are off the ground). That way, you can pwn his Falco like chicken.

But dude, your Doc is pretty good. Just abuse their recovery more, and I'll see a scary Doc coming from you. :p

Top Bottom