• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
RAYMAN

Chance: 25%

Want: 80%

I'm being generous due to the game already featuring trophies from the series, though I doubt it means too much. Would love to see him, of course, he's a third-party candidate that actually has history behind him and a hell of a lot of potential.

Gardevoir:
2.5%

Serperior: 2%

Nominate: Midna x 5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Rayman:

Chance: 35% Chance
Ever since the infamous Omni hoax he's been getting a lot of support. But I'm not sure if there will be more 3rd party newcomers. and if there is that he's not one of them.
Want: 30%
Never really cared that much for Rayman but I do find him to be a bit interesting.

Predictions:

Gardevoir: 2.04%
Serperior: 1.32%

Nominate Smash 4 NX Port x5.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
!Rerate: Rayman

Chance: 15%
Previous Chance Rating

Chance: 20%
Well another third party character, but unlike other third parties Rayman is already in the game, though whether or not he will make the full transition into a playable character is another question. Rayman has been around for a while and has the fan support, he is an icon to an extent (I don't think he's quite as iconic as our current third party reps mind you, but he's still got quite the legacy behind him). But being an already present trophy within the game gives him quite a boost in his chances, but is Sakurai interested in taking him all the way...Well, quite frankly that is an impossible question to answer as it is Sakurai we're talking about...For all we know Sakurai's intent was just for Rayman to be a cameo, or perhaps he's leading us on as he always does...either way I'm still going to give him fairly low chances but unlike other third parties his chances aren't astronomical...
Yes it has dropped a bit...He's got a trophy in the game (as well as two others from his series) but what of it? Rayman's support has dropped a fair bit recently especially since E3 with no new Rayman game being announced for Ubisoft. There's also not really too much certainty that there will be any more Third Party characters featured save for possible Sega and Namco characters who may be pushing for a second character with Ryu's addition. I think Rayman's chances have come and gone within the game's pre-development so I wouldn't expect him to make it in...

----

Want: 40%
Previous Want Rating

Want: 30%
Well, I've never played any of Rayman's games...yeah I know, back in his hay day I was the guy playing Crash and Spyro on the Play Station, I was aware of Rayman but was never interested in picking his games. Either way that doesn't mean I got nothing against him...I'm just very much unfamiliar with him and what possible movesets he may have...Overall though there are a lot of characters I would rather have, but I won't be too disappointed if he becomes DLC...
I'll give him a little boost, since his previous day I did familiarize myself with him to see what he could bring and it has caught some interest, thoughnot enough for me to really want him...Just seems like he may be somewhat decent

----

Predictions:
Gardevoir (again): 2.32%

Serperior: 1.34%

Pokemon DOUBLE HEADER!!!....however both have their problems....

----

Nominations:
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage x3
Concept: Tetris Stage x2

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
From last time...gee, I had a lot to say...

Chance: 25%
Another third party character...well, let's see if I have anything new to talk about for this one...
Well, I didn't really know Rayman, but he does have quite a bit of history (or should I say, il a une histoire). He just is prone to falling into the same traps as all the other potential third parties. Furthermore, Ubisoft isn't really a cornerstone of the videogame market in the way that Nintendo, Sega, or Capcom is - at least they weren't for a while. Now they're getting bigger, and I think that may be the Assassin's Creed series, not Rayman (but can you imagine Altaïr or Ezio in Smash? Lol NEW EDIT: We've also now got Connor, Aveline, Edward, Adewale, Shay, and Arno, not to mention Jacob and Evie)
With all of the potential third parties which could be included, I still think everything will come down to finances. Everybody likes to point out that for each of these characters, the creator is on board. I say "No ****, Sherlock, of COURSE they want that." As much as we may think otherwise, these companies are not stupid. They know that if their character gets featured in Smash, sales for that character's games will shoot through the roof. Yes, these companies want free publicity. It's up to negotiations now. And Nintendo by far has the upper hand. I even think Nintendo could demand that company X just gives them the rights to the character to use in Smash, and can even take 75-90% of the amiibo profits. In exchange, Nintendo provides company X with infinite publicity for their character.
So about Rayman specifically, he's got a few trophies (remember when we thought that meant they'd never get in as DLC?). Which honestly are coming out of nowhere, so it means that Rayman is on someone's mind. Rayman is known in Japan - he does have a Japanese Wikipedia article (unlike the last 3rd party we rated), so he did make it over that hurdle. I really think the major thing standing in his way is bureaucracy, and that's a pretty big problem for any character.
Want: 15%
As I've mentioned a few times, I don't like 3rd parties in general. I'd want them to be really important to consider them in a battle of Nintendo's all-stars. Rayman is...not that memorable to me. This is another one for the 'I've got so many characters I prefer' pile or the 'can we get some snubbed first-parties in before we worry about third-parties?' pile.
And another thing - how special would this amiibo look? I'm annoyed enough that Link is stuck on that yellow pole while the later ones all have the good sense to get a clear one.​
I agree with most of this still, so I'll keep the explanation for the most part. The one thing I will add is the threat of not getting many DLC characters. With the number of deserving first-parties - who will not need to jump through bureaucratic hoops - I feel that Nintendo may want to promote some of their own first. Besides, Rayman isn't even the most requested third-party, at least according to this poll compilation (yeah, I know that means nothing in the real world). And that'll drop the scores a bit.

Yes, he's got a trophy. That's not necessarily an indication he's getting in (nor is it the opposite). And there are too many others I want before someone I honestly hadn't heard of until SSB4 speculation started.

Chance: 15%
Want: 0%

Gardevoir prediction: 3.5%
Serperior prediction: 1.2%

Nom: Midna x5

Sidenote - it was really cool to see so many people who knew about Soul Calibur yesterday. I'd always thought it was one of those that definitely took a backseat since Namco really pushes Tekken. I'm hoping that SCV's flop wasn't enough to discourage them from making a new one, and I hope they bring back the SC3/SC4 cast for that.
But yeah, I was also pretty disappointed by 4 as well with the exception of one character, and she was halfway in 3 anyway. Let's bring the good days of 3 back.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Rayman: 20%

He's got some representation as a trophy but I doubt he'll go beyond that. While by no means a small deal I just to see Nintendo going with him when they have Namco and Sega who only have 1 rep.

Want: 50%

I'd be hyped to see him but I have no overwhelming desire to have him included.

Predictions:

Gardevior: 2%

Serperior: 10%

Nomination: Nights from Nights Journey into Dreams x5

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Rayman: 20%

He's got some representation as a trophy but I doubt he'll go beyond that. While by no means a small deal I just to see Nintendo going with him when they have Namco and Sega who only have 1 rep.

I'd be hyped to see him but I have no overwhelming desire to have him included.

Predictions:

Gardevior: 2%

Serperior: 10%

Nomination: Nights x5

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Rayman
Chance: 45%

Love him or hate him, Rayman is increasingly getting closer to making his Smash debut as DLC. There's so many things going for him right now that makes him such a logical choice.
Allow me to explain why:

1. Rayman has a ton of history on Nintendo platforms, going all the way back to the N64 with Rayman 2. Since then, the limbless hero has been a mainstay on Nintendo consoles, appearing on the GBC, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, 3DS, and the Wii U. In fact, Nintendo even published Rayman Legends in Japan.
  2. Ubisoft has been an avid supporter of the Wii U, with them showing confidence and interest in the platform since day one. They released (correct me if I'm wrong) 16 games on the Wii U, which is more than what Sega, Namco, and Capcom have published COMBINED. And contrary to popular belief, Nintendo actually still sees Ubisoft as a valuable third-party partner. Just take a look at this quote from Nintendo Canada. http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ring-about-more-big-third-party-partnerships/
  3. Although not as iconic as the five third parties already in Smash, Rayman's series has sold 26 million copies worldwide, which is pretty close to Mega Man's 29 million sold. Combine that with the Rabbids' 14 million sold, and Rayman's franchise has sold 40 million copies. Plus, he's the mascot of Ubisoft, which is one of the biggest and well-known gaming companies. It's also worth noting that Ubisoft wouldn't be here today without Rayman.
  4. The Rayman franchise has not one, not two, but THREE trophies in Smash 4. With a model already in Smash, it will be easier for Sakurai to get the rights to Rayman than other third parties. It's also worth noting that Sakurai still hasn't explained why the trophies are in the game, which were unveiled one year ago.
  5. Ever since the Omni leak, Rayman's support has soared and hasn't dwindled. I mean, just look at his Smashboards thread. It went from being an underdog thread to becoming the biggest third party thread on the world's biggest Smash fansite. He's consistently ranked alongside Banjo, Snake, and Shantae as one of the most requested third parties, with him ranking #1 on Sonic Toast's ballot video. In fact, he even tied with K. Rool for the highest number of votes.
  6. The inclusion of Ryu as Smash DLC has confirmed that third party DLC is on the table. This is supported by how the Smash Ballot microsite says you can vote for "any video game character." That is legitimate evidence that Sakurai and his team are considering third parties for DLC.
  7. Rayman would be a very unique fighter. In his detached state, Rayman can throw his fists as projectiles and can use his helicopter hair to glide. I mean, Rayman's design in of itself is unlike anything else. He's neither an anime swordsmen or an animal. He's just a "thing."
  8. Ubisoft has said they have big plans in store for Rayman's 20th anniversary.

Want: 100%
Rayman is one of my favorite video game characters. Rayman 2, Origins, and Legends are among the best platformers I have ever played. In fact, Rayman is the sole reason why I'm here on Smashboards. Without a doubt my most wanted character for DLC.

Predictions:
Gardevoir: 1.28%
Serperior: 3.48%

Nominations:
Two characters from the same series as DLC: x5

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman

Chance: 40%
Rayman has one thing several other third parties don't have, representation. He has not one, but three trophies in the game already, so he would be easier to get then other third parties. With the exception of a couple educational and mobile games, almost every Rayman game has made it's way to a Nintendo console. Heck, the Wii U version of Legends is often seen as the definitive version. And for those who are against him because "Ubisoft abandoned the Wii U", I'd like to give you this. http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ring-about-more-big-third-party-partnerships/
Rayman is also a very iconic character, not in the same way as Mario or Pac-Man, but he's the mascot of one of gaming's biggest companies.

We're do I begin?
Rayman in Smash would mean a lot to me. If he got in, I would be completely fine if my other wanted characters didn't get in. My all-time favorite video game franchises are Sonic, Mario, and Rayman, in that order. Since I was kid, I've always wanted to see those three in a game together, even though I knew it was very unlikely. I always considered Rayman a pipe dream, that is, until, July 14th of last year. I was mad at first because I wanted him to be playable, but at the same time, Rayman was in Smash! From that day on, I've been actively supporting Rayman. The day the Artsy Omni leak was shown, I almost cried tears of joy (followed by other types of tears the next day :crying:). The day Sonic, Mario, and Rayman can fight alongside and against each other, will be the greatest gaming memory of my life. Smash 4 will be my favorite game of all-time if that happens. Rayman for Smash!

I won't be doing any predictions or nominations.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Rayman

Chance - 7.5% - Yeah, not changing my old vote. Nothing really has happened that I think warrants a change. While I may have been a bit more pessimistic, the proving of third party characters has canceled that out, for now.

Want - 60% - Also the same as before. Might be interesting, but otherwise I'm not entirely certain what he could bring.

Predictions

Gardevoir - 20.12% - Slightly higher than Gallade, maybe? (Yes, I copy pasted yesterdays, sue me).

Sererior - 14.56% - A random shot in the dark.

Nominations
Non-playable representation for Ballot Runners-up X5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sidenote - it was really cool to see so many people who knew about Soul Calibur yesterday. I'd always thought it was one of those that definitely took a backseat since Namco really pushes Tekken. I'm hoping that SCV's flop wasn't enough to discourage them from making a new one, and I hope they bring back the SC3/SC4 cast for that.
But yeah, I was also pretty disappointed by 4 as well with the exception of one character, and she was halfway in 3 anyway. Let's bring the good days of 3 back.
Bro...you talking about Amy? :O
(Off topic RE sidenote, I'll rate Rayman momentarily)

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I loved SC4...:(
Fair enough :p I found the gameplay to be generally fine, but there were other aspects I didn't care for. It's certainly better than the latest one. Not a bad game in of itself, I just can't compare it to SC1, 2, or 3. To each his own.

Anyways…
I'm about to go to bed, so I'll be fast.

Rayman
Chance- 9%
A decently likely and popular 3rd Party. I still don't think we'll get another third party, though, and I'm not sure if a trophy is a good thing or a bad thing. Could be off base on this one.
Want- 60%
I kind of like Rayman. But I wouldn't be that upset if he didn't make it.

I didn't look back to see how I rated him last time, so it might be amusing to compare how my opinion has changed.

Gardevoir Predictions- 5.8%
Serperior Predictions- 4%
Nominations:

Porky x5

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
RAYMAN

Chances: 10%
If really Nintendo are interested in Rayman he could joined since the game release. The trophy it's enough. But I want the trophy of the Rabbids hahahahahaha

Want: 10%
Indifferent about Rayman, MEH.
But could be fun his amiibo.
I would want an Assasins Creed rep more than Rayman rep
Sorry :(

EDIT: Rabbids trophy WANT: 100%

PREDICTIONS
Gardevoir 0%
Serperior 0% As pokeball rep 80%

NOMINATIONS
Viewtiful Joe 5x

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Rayman's come around again. I bet his supporters are still reeling from the hoax. Finding out it was fake must've felt like...a bad dream.

--

Rerate: Rayman

Chance: 15% -> 18%
So where do we stand now? We've gained another third party character in the form of Ryu. Further third party content might be on the table thanks to him, and Rayman is still decently iconic and has moveset potential. On the other hand, Ryu came from a company that was already involved in Smash. Then there're the Rayman trophies, but since they're mainly a tie in to the fact that Nintendo themselves published Rayman Legends in Japan, they're probably a red herring.

Despite what talk there was of a big Nintendo-Ubisoft partnership, they were a no-show in Nintendo's side of E3. In fact, the big partnerships turned out to be with Platinum Games and Activision instead! With Ubisoft's ever-shrinking Wii U support, it seems they still could care less about Nintendo...and give Nintendo little reason to collaborate with them for Smash.

I want to say the odds have shifted slightly in Rayman's favor. Slightly.

Want: 25% -> 25%
He could be interesting, I'll give him that. His newest games gave him a lot of moves so tailor-made that you might wonder if Smash was an inspiration. And yet...considering the circumstances, adding him in right now just wouldn't feel right.

Gardevoir Prediction: 2.63%
A popular 'mon...with lacking support and a pesky assist role holding her back.

Serperior Prediction: 2.87%
An interesting-yet-undersupported idea whose moveset and body type aren't present in the current roster.

Nominations:
Concept: Smash 4 NX Port x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Rayman

This character is a really weird case... Nobody knows if the Trophy is a good or a bad sign.

I'm don't sure about this:

Chance: Abstain

Predictions:

Gardevoir: 2.7%
Serperior: 3.2%

Nominations:

Rerate! Micaiah x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Rayman rerate here we go!

Rayman chances: 2.8%
Sure, Rayman is famous character with iconic signature features, like his hair helicopter and lack of limbs. He was notably a pretty big deal in Europe, where he was created, and became popular in America as well. However, I'm overall doubtful about whether Rayman can reasonably hope to break the huge third-party barrier. For starters Japan cares about him and his series about as much as they cared about Little Mac prior to his reveal for Smash one year and half, and some Rayman games like Rayman 3 or Rayman Origins were not released in Japan, though the later managed to be released on 3DS over there after missing the Wii. Also I hate to say this, but Rayman's influence on Nintendo had not been something historically huge to be honest... (Yes, his series has been very faithful to Nintendo overall, but faithful doesn't mean influent.) I mean, for example, Mega Man and Ryu were hugely influent on the NES and SNES respectively, but Rayman's didn't contribute as much towards Nintendo's history when I think about it.

Then again there's this enigmatic trophy, but I'd say it's most likely the results of a deal between Nintendo and Ubisoft; Mario and Luigi costumes in Rayman Legends, and Rayman exposure on Smash Wii U in return. As such I don't think it really means anything. It could be possible that Ubisoft asked for Rayman to be in Smash, maybe as part of this potential deal, but Sakurai rejected the idea and chosen to add a few Rayman series trophies instead. If it's the case, then Rayman's chances would plummet considerably. The most unlikely scenario is that Sakurai was interested in adding Rayman playable but suffered from time constraints thus limiting his series' role to a few trophy cameos, though as I said it's a very unlikely outcome.

Rayman want: 86.5%
That said, Rayman is one of the most influent video game characters from my childhood, and I'd love to see him fight alongside other gaming heroes of my childhood like Mario, Donkey Kong and Link in my all-time favourite crossover series. I was amazed to see him represented in Smash, and I was even more amazed when I found that he came alongside two more characters form his universe, which almost made the Rayman representation in Smash fully legit rather than a single cameo for the sake of it in my mind. At that point I became a vocal Rayman supporter, and I saw him as one of the most likely DLC characters overall at the time.

Then time passed and my interest towards Rayman in Smash admittedly decreased. I tried to find convincing, unbiased arguments about why he should be in Smash, and I eventually came to the conclusion that Rayman is not exactly what Super Smash Bros. needs. He used to be my number 1 most wanted, but now I'm not as hyped about the idea of him being in Smash as before.

That said, it doesn't change the fact that I'm a childhood Rayman fan and it's enough to make me want him in Smash to at least some degree. I eventually stopped supporting him vocally, but if he's somehow revealed for Smash I'm still going to be hyped and very happy.

-----

Well, tomorrow is a special Pokémon day it seems... I almost feel like we're in the Pokkén RTC thread (even though Gardevoir is already confirmed for this game anyway, but whatever).

Gardevoir prediction: 1.45%
One of the most popular generation III Pokémon, but will suffer from already having an established role as a Poké Ball.

Serperior prediction: 2.80%
Are we so desperate about completing the starter triangle?

Nominating:
Concept: two or more DLC characters from the same series x3
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x2 (you know you want it)

With the help I'm getting from other members to nominate the concept I started nominating two days ago, I think I may start nominating Meta Crystal right now.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Rayman

Chance: 12.5%
The highest chance rating I'll give to any third party not named Snake.

Want: 10%
Really don't want anymore 3rd parties.

Nominate:
Concept-- two or more DLC characters from the same series x5

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Rayman
Chance: 60%
I feel like it could go either way and he might even be the most 'likely' 3rd party character to get in at this point (seeing how good the support has been lately and how impossible some other 3rd parties are.
I have wanted him in smash since Brawl

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Rayman
Chance:
15%
Easy to gloss over for being third party.
While the requests are there, and topping the third party polls, it's only middling when compared to first party characters.

Want: 15%
Meh

Gardevoir: 3.6%
Serperior: 3.2%

Lana x5

D

Deleted member

Rayman

Chances 14

Want : 42

Nominating

Galacta Knight x5

No Predictions

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Code:
Rayman     61    89    The mystery of Rayman, still unsolved to this day. I still want him.
That was my original rating for Rayman - And it's still the same.
Chance 61%
Want 89%
I said I wouldn't come back to this after Isaac, but what the heck I'll do it anyway since I like Rayman. Now let me get back to revision, Smash Boards.
(Also tried experimenting with some sort of table style format for something I'll post after my trials - that table about the chances, wants and final stances on all the characters rated so far.)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Just asking, when is the next cut of the bottom of the nomination list set to happen? I ask this because if it happens soon, my Meta Crystal nominations could end up to be removed before I have the time to make them reach the 15 nominations mark if I keep the same nomination pace as I gave it today.

Raymundo
chance 15%
still pessimistic about # of DLC and 3rd parties in general.
ESPECIALLY after Ryu

Want 80%
Rayman isn't even my most wanted 3rd party anymore. Bravely Default swooped in and took that spot away with Agnes. Oh well. Still a really cool character with a lot of potential.

predictions
garedvoir 1.41%
Serperior 5%

Laniv

Smash Champion
Rayman:

Chance: 45%
He has Bayonetta to compete with, but that's kind of it.

Want: 70%
Trophies and a fake leak can do wonders for fan support.

Predictions for Gardevoir: 0.7% Chance, 16% Want
Predictions for Serperior: 4% Chance, 19% Want

Nominate King Boo x 5

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Rayman

Chance 45% i feel that he has a relatively decent chance of being in smash
want 20% it would be cool but he's not a character I would care about getting in.
Nominate MonsterHunter x5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
RAYMAN:
CHANCE: 25%

It can go both ways, but I think it's more likely that he'll not be DLC. My scepticism stems from the fact that he still hasn't been added despite the rights being negotiated while in pre-release.

WANT: 55%

No objections to him.

:231:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Rayman:

Chance: 18%

Want: 5%

I never grew up with his games, nor do I hold any interest to the character. So I personally would not care about his inclusion.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt for Ryu x4
Saffron City(N64) x1

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Rayman

Chance: 40%
He has trophies in the game; he's been "leaked" a number times, giving him more mileage; he is a unique fighter; Ubisoft seems to approve as well.

However, I still feel that the indifference of Rayman from Smash speculators is very strong.

Childhood favorite of mine, aside from Mario (whose very overrated at this point). I remembered him from Rayman 2: The Great Escape for the N64 - a game I played in 2004, I believe. Wanted him in Smash Bros. since Brawl in 2007, though I didn't think it was possible since I always viewed Rayman as an underdog character who wasn't very well known to even be considered. Still felt that way for Smash 4 speculation until 2014, when they finally revealed a trophy for Rayman, and this came from Sakurai himself. Since then, I got some hope that maybe he could get in this time, but only if there is character DLC. When Mewtwo confirmed DLC, I felt that this could be his chance. Now with the fighter ballot, I just pulled the trigger and shot a vote for Rayman right from the get-go. However, I forgot to explain in the ballot that the tagline for his reveal should be "Rayman Dashes to the Fray!". Now I'm just waiting to see if he gets revealed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Rayman
Chance:
15%

So, I'll copy and paste what I said before.
Rayman
Chance:
30%

Out of all the possible third parties that aren't Ryu, Rayman has the highest chances in my eyes. He isn't as legendary as Sonic, Mega Man, or Pac-Man, but he is still quite popular and has quite a following. In terms of iconic status, I would put him below the likes of Bomberman and maybe Snake, but he does have a distinct advantage; he has a trophy. Ubisoft did provide the models for Sakurai to use; perhaps they can use this model and update it to put Rayman in the game. His moveset is already created as well thanks to Origins and Legends, making him pretty easy to convert into a fighter.
One more thing that Rayman has is, as mentioned before, fan demand and interest. While the demand wasn't as vocal before during speculation, interest and hope for the character was revitalized thanks to the fake leak by Artsy Omni. After that fake leak, demand for Rayman soared and thus could help him tremendously on the ballot.
Ultimately, I think Rayman does have a shot, better than most 3rd parties in fact. If Ryu is actually a DLC, then maybe Rayman's chances could be hurt in the process as maybe Sakurai doesn't want to put in 5 3rd party characters. I guess we'll wait and see.
My score reduction comes from Ryu.
Back then, while those sound clips were the real deal, I had to be skeptical. Now that Ryu is in the game for a total of 4 3rd parties, I am unsure if Sakurai wants to put in another 3rd party character.
Rayman's ballot support is humongous, let's see if it pays off.

Want: 25%
Copy and paste what I've said.
Want: 25%
I'm a mixed bag on Rayman.
On one hand, I would enjoy playing as him and seeing his inclusion. I haven't played any of his games, but Origins and Legends looked fun judging by the playthroughs I've seen.
My main issue with Rayman isn't the character in question, I don't hate Rayman, but it's his owners... Ubisoft. I don't like Ubisoft for their recent practices where they delayed a completed game just so they can put it on other consoles (and that game was exclusive too!!!), outright ignoring Nintendo altogether now, and are releasing some pretty unfinished and unpolished games as of late. As a result, Rayman getting in Smash would be jarring to me for this reason.
Again, I do like the character and I would like to see how he would play in Smash, but I don't like the company in question.
Gardevoir Prediction: 4.39%
She is an Assist Trophy.
Serperior Prediction: 1.85%
This will be a bit weird...

I WIN AGAIN!
Nominations: Guile's Theme 10x

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I just kinda need to get this off my chest because it's kinda bothering me
Copy and paste what I've said.
I do get that Ubi has been quite questionable lately (rushing games and delaying Rayman Legends (which was againt the dev team's will and they even demonstrated in front of Ubi's headquarters)). But we must not forget that the Company has supported the WiiU more than both Namco and Capcom combined. Add the fact that Nintendo said (in a recent interview) that they see Ubisoft as one of their biggest 3rd party supporters and that Nintendo of Japan are publishing every just dance and Rayman game over in Japan and I'd say the two companies have a pretty healthy relationship other than a lot of people here seem to think.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I just kinda need to get this off my chest because it's kinda bothering me

I do get that Ubi has been quite questionable lately (rushing games and delaying Rayman Legends (which was againt the dev team's will and they even demonstrated in front of Ubi's headquarters)). But we must not forget that the Company has supported the WiiU more than both Namco and Capcom combined. Add the fact that Nintendo said (in a recent interview) that they see Ubisoft as one of their biggest 3rd party supporters and that Nintendo of Japan are publishing every just dance and Rayman game over in Japan and I'd say the two companies have a pretty healthy relationship other than a lot of people here seem to think.
Agreed.
I mean, just read this quote from Nintendo Canada. It proves that Nintendo still sees Ubisoft as a valuable third party partner.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ring-about-more-big-third-party-partnerships/

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Rayman
Chance: 4%
I don't understand why we rerate characters when their chances have only seemingly declined since the last time we rated them. Well, I guess nothing has happened that would make me think his chances are any better or worse, but as time goes on the possibility of many characters seem to slowly dwindle as we finally come to a realization that we might not get as many DLC characters as we thought we could at one point. I'll stick to what I said before and state that I believe if Sakurai deeply considered the possibility of Rayman being playable, he probably would have revealed him as a character in the base game instead of showing him off as a trophy in a Pic of the Day. Although I'll say that with all of the support Rayman has obtained since DLC for Smash 4 became a thing, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he managed to make his way in next time around. For DLC though, I still don't see it. I'll give the anatomically disconnected mascot a total of 4%, which is a 2% drop from my first rating.
Keep that support going and Rayman might see his way onto the roster at some point...

Want: 16%
Same want rating as last time. I could see him being an interesting character and all, but I'm pretty indifferent to whether or not he makes it as DLC and would rather see more first party newcomers get their shot instead.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rayman:

Chance: 40%.
Want: 65%.

He has support, and he has potential. Also, I think his popularity and the existence of Rayman Origins and Legends, as well as Ubisoft being partial the idea (apparently) as well as Omni's leak help him and make up for Ubisoft being unsupportive of the Wii U (honestly Sega's the only third party in Smash who isn't.)

As for want, I don't support him, but I do like the idea of him and his supporters are cool folks so, I'm partially to Rayman myself.

Nominations:
Midna x3, Two DLC characters from One Series x2

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
rayman.png

Rayman (Yes, Mermaid Man really did say 'Let the lighthouse of justice shine on Rayman' in the show)

Chance
50% - Um... they've acquired the rights to use Rayman in the game, but they waste it on just trophies? Easily, Rayman can be seen joining the fight, especially because he has good support behind him as well. Heck, dare I say he's got better chances than Snake... well, that's debatable, but as third parties go, Rayman is pretty likely.

Want
60% - I've played a couple of Rayman games, but they aren't really my cup of tea. Regardless, I can't deny that he's got star power, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him in the game. Not enough for me to go "oh yes, add him now," but he's got my approval.

Predict
Snake in the grass - 6%
the fan service Pokemon - 11%

Nominations
Rerate: Bandana Dee X5

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Chance:
40% - I guess.

Want
0% - I realllllllllly don't want him in but..I think it's because I dislike his games.

Rerate: Bandana Dee X5

Last edited:
Top Bottom