• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
x5 Beast Ganon

Alpha Stages sounds like a good idea, but this is something I don't see Sakurai prioritizing, that takes way too much work to do especially for both versions of the game.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
x5 Beast Ganon

Alpha Stages sounds like a good idea, but this is something I don't see Sakurai prioritizing, that takes way too much work to do especially for both versions of the game.
Yeah I don't see it as likely, also does any one here recognize this guy?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Chance: Abstain.
Want: 100%. Battlefield reflects Smash gameplay better than Final Destination.

Beast Ganon 5x
Andy prediction: 10%

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:4alph:a Stages

Chance: 40%

I honestly don't see this being more likely than less than a coin toss. Sakurai's priority seems to be new stages, not editing existing ones except maybe for 8 player Smash.

Want: 70%

I don't mind whether they're in or not. But if the opponent likes Battlefield stages and I get to hear my favorite tunes, so be it.

Nominate: Sylux x5

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Alpha Stages
Chances: 0%
I don't see them wasting development time on this, even if all they'd have to do is add three floating platforms to the omega stages.
Omega stages was their way of placating meta-gamers (in terms of stages, anyway) and it kind of forced them to make the normal stages more gimmicky.
Also, how would they fit on online matches? Would they be available on For Glory?

Want: 0%
I'm a casual-noob-scrub who doesn't really see the difference between these and Omega stages.

As for Andy, I predict 35%.

Nomination:
Style Savvy Rep x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I can't get a good look at him because the guy with the face paint is in the way....
Believe it or not its actually a blast from the past,

E3 relevant.

Also how hard is it to make an alpha stage? If we knew that then it would be alot easier to judge if Sakurai will do it, if its easy to do, then there's no harm to it, but if it takes too long then its not gonna happen.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Alpha Stages

Chance - 0.25% - Yeah, this is a lot of work for something relatively minor. It would take making 3 new platforms on every stage, and would get little playoff seeing as how Omega Stages exist.

Want - 50% - Meh. I can see the need, but I don't use Omega in the first place so...

Andy Prediction - 9.45% - Poor advanced wars...

Nominations
Karate Joe X4
Secondary Ballot X1

@ Burigu Burigu , yes, nominations are the same. 5 daily, 5 extra if you correctly predict the next, 10 total extra if you are exact.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Alpha Stages

Chance - 0.25% - Yeah, this is a lot of work for something relatively minor. It would take making 3 new platforms on every stage, and would get little playoff seeing as how Omega Stages exist.

Want - 50% - Meh. I can see the need, but I don't use Omega in the first place so...

Andy Prediction - 9.45% - Poor advanced wars...

Nominations
Karate Joe X4
Secondary Ballot X1

@ Burigu Burigu , yes, nominations are the same. 5 daily, 5 extra if you correctly predict the next, 10 total extra if you are exact.
Thank you I guess I will wait until tomorrow to participate I need to catch up!

Troykv

Smash Master
Concept: Alpha Stages...

Chance: Eh... I don't really sure about this: I will say abstain

Want: 100%

Sounds great for me.

Predictions: Andy

12%

Nominations:

Rerate! Inkling x5

sheersahw

Smash Rookie
Alpha Stages:

Chance: 1%

This is a feature that would mainly please those players interested in the game from a competitive standpoint, and we all know what Sakurai thinks of that. I think For Glory and Omega Stages were something only added to make competitive players shut up.

Why not? I love Battlefield's layout, and playing Omega stages on FG gets rather boring. Not to mention that some fighters really benefit strongly from FD...

I actually had an idea beyond this. I want to see Σ (sigma) stages as well, based on Smashville's layout. I also want an expansion of For Glory 1v1 to accommodate these new forms. Matches would now be best out of 3. Before each match, after the players have chosen their character, they choose which stage form they'd like to play on--Ω,Α, or Σ. If both players choose the same form, all three rounds will be played on that form. Otherwise, the form that wasn't chosen will played on first, and then the loser's pick. This is basically a simplified counter-pick system that doesn't rely on stage bans or complex voting or what not.

What do you think?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Battlefield form stages chances: 24%
As we all know Sakurai introduced Final Destination shaped forms to all stages as a way to please players who don't like hazards or irregular stage layout, allowing for more diversity in serious 1vs1 no items battles especially on the new game mode For Glory designed with competitiveness in mind. This doesn't sound good for Battlefield form stages coming as well, because I guess the addition of Omega stages pretty much implies that Sakurai saw platforms as detrimental for this way to play to Smash Bros. Maybe he could listen to fans if he's aware that those players actually like platforms for serious 1vs1 no items fights, and create new alternate forms for stages based on the other Smash representative stage? And even if he was aware, would he take the time to develop them? It would just be copy-pasting Omega stages and adding platforms, but still.

I think there are too many "ifs" and unanswered questions to be really confident about this happening, but it could happen. We still don't have any hints about it, though.

Battlefield form stages want: 100%
Yes please, this is something I really want to happen! I love the concept of Omega stages, they allow for serious 1vs1 no items fighting, or just any kind of battle without hazard or irregular stage layout, while still having the sheer diversity in aesthetics and music the game offers. However, platforms are an important part of the gameplay, as they open more strategic possibilities like combos or approach options, and consistently playing without them becomes stale as a result. Plus no platforms means easy projectile spam (I remember this FG Lucario and his Aura Spheres... ugh).

I love the music and aesthetic diversity delivered by Omega stages even for serious 1vs1 no items battles, I love platforms and the Battlefield layout, and I want to see Sakurai clearly approve platforms as something that improves the gameplay even in a competitive setting. Even for someone who isn't so much in the competitive scene, it's something I'd love to see. For those reasons I give this a 100% want. (But please be free...)

Andy prediction: 11.32%
With the Wars series being seemingly abandoned by Intelligent Systems for Fire Emblem, I have some doubts about how well he'll do.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

Also, new top 10 of chances:

And new top 10 of want:

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Alpha Stages
Chances: 10%
Want: 50% It could be for the music... maybe for the next one... in ten years =/... we could (and will) still get new stages, so this isn't bad...

Andy
Prediction: 20%

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble:

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
One of my concepts finally reached the top. Thanks to everyone who got interested and started nominating it when I got sidetracked. Let's take a look at this, shall we?

-- (Still my favorite Battlefield theme.)

Concept: Alpha-Form Stages

Chance: 30%
The chances of getting Battlefield-style "Alpha" stages to go alongside the Omegas? It's...another one we can only speculate on.

Going against it are quite a few things now. For one, E3 would've been the time to reveal them if they were in the works, meaning the chance of them being in progress right now is a lot lower than we may have thought a week ago. Setting them up could take quite a bit of development time, raising further questions of whether they'd think it was worth it.

On the other hand, though, the developers have listened to the Smash community...to an extent. The balance patches we've had, though not as thorough as many have wished, have addressed some serious issues, so they must at least have an ear to the ground. If the original Omega stages were meant to be more competitive minded, and they realized the competitive community considers FD to be far from the most balanced stage, perhaps they'd find it worthwhile to raise the variety a little. And while a lack of an E3 reveal is a strike against the idea, we still have however many more Nintendo Directs down the line, each of which is...kind of a big deal whenever they're done. >_>

As it stands, it seems more likely it won't happen...and yet, we can't really rule it out.

Think of it this way: if For Glory was meant to be a stepping stone into competitive Smash, it's not doing a very good job. Being stuck with Omegas only gives a heavy advantage online to any characters that excel on FD. Anything to help make things less overcentralizing is welcome.

To say no less of being able to get that much more out of the games' aesthetics in a tournament setting if you have that many more stage forms...especially a set less likely to get struck or banned.

Andy Prediction: 17.25%
Another character with a small-but-dedicated following. But with no Advance Wars games on the horizon, his support base will have trouble expanding.

Nominations: Absol x5
So with most Pokémon characters in Smash, their neutral special is either their signature move or one heavily associated with them. Charizard breathes fire. Lucario coalesces aura into a ball and fires it. Greninja throws shurikens made of water. Even Pikachu gets in on the action despite Thunder Jolt still (inexplicably) not being a canon move (yet). Yet Absol doesn't have a signature more, per se; they're known more for their ability to foresee disasters.

...But that could actually lend really well to a neutral special itself! Absol could have the ability to foresee several different phenomena that'd then strike the battlefield a few seconds later! It'd be a fresh and wholly unique type of stage control that could also draw from all the different weather types in the Pokémon games (all of which Absol can learn to summon) that have yet to be used in Smash!

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Alpha Stages A.K.A. My favorite competitive stage applied to my favorite noncompetitive stages!

Chance: 50% I feel like it could really be either way... If it gains enough popularity they might do it, but that's a question of if enough people would want it while sacrificing a new stage/bringing an old stage back.

Want: 100% obviously. It would mean less spam and FD is just my least favorite stage in general. I need platforms to work my magic. ;)

Vote: 5x Lana

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Alpha Rad Stages
Abstain on chance

I almost only play on the Omega version, but training on Battlefield without getting only Battlefield would be great.

Game Boy Ad: 12.3%

Nabbit x5

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Alpha stages are 12% likely. We already have Omega stages for the hardcore crowd, and a tertiary form would probably be seen as redundant.
Want: 50%. If all the stages play exactly like Battlefield, why would I not just play Battlefield? I would only be interested in alpha forms if they had diverse platform layouts.

Prediction for Andy: 32%

Nominations: Qbby (BOX BOY) x1, Party Phil x1, Crash x3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
:4alph:-A STAGES
CHANCE: 10%

Seems to be a lot of tedious work overall, even if it is rather simple.

WANT: 80%
I'm a little tired to the Omega forms, so Alpha forms would be a welcome. Problem is... I'm not sure how much I'd use it without a proper online mode which would use it. If For Glory was modified to include Battlefield-esque stages, I'll happily embrace the idea.

ANDY PREDICTION: 22%

ASHLEY × 5

:231:

I am Alpha and Omega stages. I only know this from fallout

Chance- 0%
Sakurai said there werent going to be a lot fo stages anyway. But regardless Omega stages was probably a one time thing. This is likely as far as Sakurai will go when it comes to appeasing the competitive players. While alpha stages would greatly improve the balance of for glory and generally improve battlefield as a stage it is a lot of work for very little benefit.

Want
hmmmm. On the one hand its a lot of work for something I wont use too often. On the other hand for Glory can actually be a hell of a lot more fun. Also an alpha version of pyrosphere and norfair.

oh what the hell ill give it a 75%

Prediction 30%

noms
ganon 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
This is more or less my entire opinion about them in a nutshell. And while they would be cool, I'd much rather have unique stages, either new or returning.

Chances - 1%
Want - 50%

Predict Andy - 14%

Nominate - Paper Mario x5

Could Gengar, Meowth and Absol be rated on the same day? All three are Pokemon with not very good chances (Meowth being an AT and other two lacking demand).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is something I want

Alpha Mode Stages

Chance: 45%
I actually think Sakurai might cave in to a free update that adds this but to certain stages though. Plus no bosses on certain stages would be nice especially Yellow Devil

Want:100%
Imagine all these tournament legal stages that aren't counterpicks

Mushroom Kingdom U
Delphino Plaza
Mario Circuit 8
64 Kongo Jungle
Skyloft
Pyrosphere
Halbeard
Port Town Aero Dive
Pokemon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Wii Fit Studio
Wily's Castle

Laniv

Smash Champion
Alpha Mode Stages

Chance: 60%
Instant Battlefield, just add platforms.

Want: 50%
Meh.

Predictions for Andy: 30% Chance, 60% Want

Nominate Homecoming Hijinx x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Alpha Form Stages
Chance:
5%

I doubt they will add a second form of every stage and I bet Sakurai is content with just Omega forms...

BUT I WANT THIS SO BADLY!!!!!!
For Glory sucks for many reasons, Omega versions being one of them. There are characters that excel on the Omega form stages and characters that need platforms. The reason why we see a lot of Little Macs on there is because he is amazing on a stage like this; unparalleled and powerful ground attacks and there are no platforms to hinder him. Robin struggles because he needs platforms to work with Thunder and Arcfire setups, which he doesn't get in For Glory.
Having Battlefield variants would shorten these issues and cause less imbalances.
The only thing I want more than this is a variation of every stage that removes stage hazards and makes the stage smaller and more competitive, but Sakurai won't do that I believe...

Andy Prediction: 14.53%
His chances aren't good, especially when Advanced Wars isn't continuing like Fire Emblem.

Nominations: Owain 5x

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Alpha Stages:
Chances: 15% I doubt it will happen but there is significant demand so maybe Sakurai will take heed of it.
Want: 100% Why is this not already a thing? Seriously, it would improve for glory so much, and it can't take that long to make either, just copy-paste battlefield and apply stage textures, wow that was so hard, wasn't it?

Andy Prediction: Chance: 25% Want: 30%

Nominations: Dark Matter x 5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Alpha Stages
Chance: 9%
I could possibly see it happening, but Sakurai already went through the trouble of allowing us to pick a FD form of every stage. I doubt he would really want to do it all over again for a stage form that he probably perceives as only slightly different. I'll give the alpha concept a chance of 9%.
Maybe if the fanbase begs enough...

Want: 30%
The idea does sound great, but I'd rather that development time go into making a new stage to be honest.

Prediction - Andy: 8.8%

Nominations:
x3 !Rerate: Inklings
x2 Tails the Fox

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Alpha Stages (Concept)
Chance:20% Want:100%
Many people have said this but, this would be too much work for a rather small return.
But Sakurai did say he was working on new game modes, so...

Andy predictions:12%

Noms: Dark Matter x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Alpha Stages Chance: 5%

This just isn't something I see them wanting to work on.

Want: 75%

I don't like Final Destination and prefer Battlefield by a healthy margin, and would thus enjoy having these. There are other things I would still prefer they work on, however, so not 100%.

Andy prediction: 17.46%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Could Gengar, Meowth and Absol be rated on the same day? All three are Pokemon with not very good chances (Meowth being an AT and other two lacking demand).
I'd rather keep them separate, personally. Where Squirtle and Ivysaur were (seemingly) left off the roster for the same reason, these three all have different arguments for and against them.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Did I just miss a Tetra round? WHOOPS

Alpha Stages - 5%
I could see this purely because it's a relatively low effort inclusion that would make lots of fans happy (just add platforms to omega modes), but it nevertheless doesn't feel like something the Smash team would want to work on. Do keep in mind Omega modes have the development incentive of being the core of the For Glory online mode: is creating a second For Glory playlist something that really justifies Nintendo's time/effort over a more unique mode? I can't say it's impossible, but it doesn't feel like a direction they would follow.
Want - 75% Battlefield is a great stage, so there is definite appeal to "alpha stages" in that regard, but it doesn't feel like the best use of the developer's time either. Curious.

Andy Prediction - 11.66%
Advance Wars has been a no-show for years now. For Andy to get a good rating the franchise would have needed a revival at this E3, and obviously that didn't happen.

Nominations - Black Shadow x5

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Alpha mode Stages
Chance: 7%
This would be the time required to make almost 50 stages/variations, make no mention of for glory. One also needs to consider "will this be worth the time to Nintendo/Sora/Namco?". I personally dont see it.

Want: 95%
I think the variety would be quite welcome, not to mention Battlefield > Final Destination.

Andy Prediction: 15%
Advance Wars hasn't had recent titles, and any AW support has been dwindling as the years go by. Also anyone who honestly believes we will get an AW rep who is not Andy/Days of Ruin Protag (whose name eludes me at the moment) *coughsamicough* is clearly mistaken. Such a thing is completely unprecedented in smash and I don't see T3H GUNZ/M0AR GURLZ on an obscure series like this one.

Nominations: Rerate! Inklings x5

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chance: 25%

This is something that would take time to develop, and that's what really hurts its chances from every happening. However, I don't think this possibility is entirely out of the realm considering Sakurai did say he was working on developing new game modes. There's also been some solid demand for its inclusion, and it makes considering to help appeal to the competitive smash players.

I would love to see this feature happen! I mean, it's great we have Omega versions for every stage already, but considering one should also learn to get use to stages with platforms, then including Battlefield versions for each stage would make a lot of sense as well considering few legal stages in competitive play have platforms if you include every stages' Omega form as a stage on its own.

Predictions:

Andy: 15.34%

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x3
Gallade (Pokemon): x2

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Alpha Form Stages
Chance: 0%
I doubt Sakurai would bother. He appealed to the competitives with Omega stages, and I feel that's all they're getting.

Want: 0%
Uh, if I play Smash Bros, I'll play with the regular stages. I never use Omegas and I doubt I'd ever use these.

Andy Prediction: 17%

Nominations:
Tails x3
Leon Powalski x5
Shy Guy x2

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
To those of you who liked my previous post and @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice for sharing his well-wishes, thank you. I must say, it actually surprises me to see that I had a little bit more of a following than I realized. Sure, I noticed a trend of likes here and there. But I never really felt... wanted. It humbles me knowing that people look forward to me pitching in on speculah Smash bizniz. There's something about recognizing people agree with you that makes the world less bleak.

Character Chance Ratings

-: Ryu - CONFIRMED! (97.7%)
-: Roy - CONFIRMED! (97.7%)

1: Wolf - 97.5%
2: Professor Layton - 90%
3: Chibi Robo - 65%

4: Rayman - 60%
5: Snake - 55%
6: Inkling - 50%
7: Sceptile - 45%
7: Krystal - 45%
8: Paper Mario: 44.5%

9: Dixie Kong - 43%
10: Wonder Red - 40%
11: Impa - 40.5%
12: Bayonetta - 35%
12: Simon Belmont - 35%
13: Cross - 35.7%

14: Elma - 35.3%
15: Ice Climbers - 30%
15: Captain Toad - 30%
16: Toon Zelda - 29.3%

17: Chorus Kids - 27.5%
18: Magolor - 25%
19: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
20: Spyro - 25.3%
21: Anna - 23%
22: Ivysaur - 23.7%
23: Jibanyan - 22%
24: Squirtle - 22.5%
25: Quote - 21.5%
26: Phoenix Wright - 20%
26: Shovel Knight - 20%
27: Shantae - 20.5%
28: Tetra - 20.3%

29: 9-Volt - 10%
29: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
30: Lip - 10.5%
31: Geno - 7%
32: Young Link - 6.3%
33: KOS-MOS - 5%
33: Ray - 5%
33: Pichu - 5%
34: Daisy - 5.7%
35: Ridley - 5.5%
36: Monita - 3%

Character Want Ratings

-: Ryu - CONFIRMED! (60%)
-: Roy - CONFIRMED! (10.5%)
1: Professor Layton - 100%
1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Bayonetta - 95.3%
3: Simon Belmont - 90.5%
3: Sceptile - 90.5%
4: Shantae - 87%
5: Wonder Red - 86.5%

6: Snake - 85%
6: Impa - 85%
7: Magolor - 85.5%

8: Anna - 80%
8: Ice Climbers - 80%
9: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
10: Jibanyan - 69.7%
11: Chibi Robo - 60%
11: Paper Mario: 60%
12: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
13: Phoenix Wright - 55%
14: Ridley - 50%
15: Inkling - 30%
16: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

17: Rayman - 25%
18: Cross - 25.7%

19: Elma - 23%
19: Quote - 23%
20: Krystal - 20%
21: Dixie Kong - 20%
21: Toon Zelda - 20%
22: Tetra - 20.5%

23: Squirtle - 10.7%
23: Ivysaur - 10.7%
24: Geno - 10.5%
25: Spyro - 7%
26: Young Link - 5%
27: Lip - 5.7%

28: Captain Toad - 5.5%
29: Ray - 4.5%
30: KOS-MOS - 3%

31: 9-Volt - 3.5%
32: Monita - 1%
32: Pichu - 1%
32: Daisy - 1%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 90.5%
2: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
3: 7+ DLC Characters - 80.7%
4: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%
5: R.O.B. Eyes Glitch Fix - 50%
6: DLC Music Packs - 50.5%
7: New Palutena's Guidance Conversations - 45%
7: Rhythm Heaven Character - 45%
8: Concept: Alpha Form Stages - 10%

Concept Want Ratings

1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 100%
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: New Palutena's Guidance Conversations - 90%
3: R.O.B. Eyes Glitch Fix - 75%
4: DLC Music Packs - 65%
5: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%
6: 7+ DLC Characters - 45%
7: Rhythm Heaven Character - 40.3%
8: Concept: Alpha Form Stages - 10.5%

E3 Ratings

1: Ryu - 100%
2: Roy - 90%
3: Smash Direct Satisfaction - 79.5%
4: Digital Event Satisifcation - 55%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Mach Rider
Dark Samus
Viridi
Zael

Abtsains (Indifference)

Ninten
B.B. Bandit Trio
Other E3 Conferences

RATINGS

Concept: Alpha-Form Stages

Chance - 10%: While making a Battlefield form of every Omega stage in the game is moderately cost-efficient, I don't see it being such an important thing to change for For Glory and competitive stage variety as a whole.

The whole reason why we have Omega stages in the first place is to make For Glory visually and musically diverse, showcasing locales from Smash's rich franchise base so we aren't locked onto Final destination all the time and leaving the other stages for granted. Sakurai definitely does not understand how rigid he made FG matchups with Omega forms (more on that in a bit), but imagine how dull FG would be if all we got was one form of one stage. It would jade us of FD real quick!

Alpha Forms run into a couple inconvenient problems to even warrant their development. The team is already using their time, resources, and manpower to recreate N64 stages, which overall have higher demand. In concept, just creating one Battlefield-identical platform with stage-thematic flavor and duplicating it twice onto the Omega version of every stage takes less effort to create outside of concept art and modelling. But of course, these would all have to be consistently playtested for bugs and worked around the entire character roster. Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, Battlefield and Final Destination don't exactly have the same length or ledge layout. In fact, the modellers and designers might have to make a few soft modifications to existing Omega forms so either ledges have Battlefield-esque crenels. And even then, there's tons of room for them to mix up the ledge designs and understage, a la having just about 5 different subtypes of Omega stages (standard FD, slanting edges, horizontal edges, Arena Ferox, Magicant) that affect recoveries and off-stage play erratically.

Besides, Omega forms have unanimously been taken for granted by the competitive scene through rulelists. As a community, we've thoroughly assessed, tested, and ruled out a modest number of legal and counterpick stages ideal for the metagame. Of course, this allows for more player strategy and matchup diversity, as you aren't stuck to the same platform layout or even hazards. Throwing Omega stages into the fix makes moderating the game clunky, especially since just choosing standard FD negates this.

If I were Sakurai, my vision for FG would be either to have a universal hazard switch in order to reduce all stages to platform layout and other special gimmicks or institute a team to lend an ear to the online competitive scene and assign a FG legal stagelist complete with striking orders and pick types.

Want - 10.5%: Meh, sounds ideal in premise, but I'm really not feeling it. :4shulk:

If this did happen, I'd expect there to be a dichotomy between the option of Alpha Stages only and Omega Stages only for For Glory via update. Maybe even a trichotomy including a Random option for those who just don't care. That certainly would be a welcome incorporation of the feature. It would be intriguing seeing the character usage rates differentiate between both options. Maybe we could even escape Little Mac hell!

Outside of FG, it would be really awkward trying to choose on each Alpha version of every stage in opposition to default Battlefield. Even then, I don't see that being so necessary. The least I need is a neutral playing ground that just about every character can fare in.

PREDICTIONS

Andy

Chance - 22.37%

Want - 29.54%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: Ballot Characters Released at Once w/ Each Most Popular By Region x4
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x1

Elaboration for 1st concept: This concept comes in light of the latest Smash content updates and trends speculated for the future of this game. Imagine that once the Fighter Ballot concludes, we later get an update video revealing who won. But, imagine Sakurai pulls the ultimate curveball; instead of just getting one character, we get 3 characters, each 1 being the most popularly-requested for North America, Europe, & Japan/Oceania. With the size of the roster and the breadth of content already in the game, you are allowed whether or not to judge this as the final DLC ever for this game.

Gotta put one more on ya before I take my leave. Just hope people will believe in it enough to spike it up before the Ballot concludes. :3

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Alpha Stages:

Chances: 20% Maybe. But I doubt Sakurai would put in extra work for over 60 stages.

Want: 100% Mainly because how annoying For Glory's Omega Stages are with lag. Especially with projectile characters.

Prediction :

Andy: 10.52%

Nominations:

I'm not sure if this one is allowed but,

Sm4sh NX Port x5.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Alpha Stages - What, no love for Gamma?

(Jokes aside, let's move on)

Chance
30% - I don't actually see this as likely. Not only will they have to create the versions of the stages, but the stage select screen would need rearranging too, which it has already obtained with the new DLC stages. New button configurations would also have to be made to access these stages, and it all just seems like a hassle for a small detail for a new stage mode.

Want
20% - I guess it would be interesting to fight on something besides Omega mode stages but... I don't really think the idea is all that worthwhile. I mean, if I wanted to fight on stages with more originality, there's always normal Yoshi's Island, Smashville, and the works, which in some way or another, feel like battlefield. I don't find the idea of these kinds of stages appealing enough to totally support them.

Predictions: That kid from Toy Story, oh wait, wrong Andy. 17%

Nominations: Meowth X5

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
NOMINATIONS

*Concept: Ballot Characters Released at Once w/ Each Most Popular By Region x4
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x1

Elaboration for 1st concept: This concept comes in light of the latest Smash content updates and trends speculated for the future of this game. Imagine that once the Fighter Ballot concludes, we later get an update video revealing who won. But, imagine Sakurai pulls the ultimate curveball; instead of just getting one character, we get 3 characters, each 1 being the most popularly-requested for North America, Europe, & Japan/Oceania. With the size of the roster and the breadth of content already in the game, you are allowed whether or not to judge this as the final DLC ever for this game.

Gotta put one more on ya before I take my leave. Just hope people will believe in it enough to spike it up before the Ballot concludes. :3
It's really sad that no one remember the southern hemisphere...the third word. In that way, Africa would get the European and South/Central America woudl get the North american one...
I think it's a good idea, because everyone has their favorites, and maybe in the americas we like one character more than others, and get it first seems nice...
BUT... last week we get 3 characters in a row, so I don't think the ballot would give us more than 3 characters

Top Bottom