• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't think Impa has gotten to be a big name Zelda character yet, she's getting more popular, but not at the point of being a recognizable huge Zelda icon yet. That takes years to happen.

Were pretty alike for the most part. :L
Apparently 30 years isn't long enough then...

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
So 7% for the villain of one of the biggest Kirby games of the last few years is "overrated"?
Dang I know BDee is likely but he has no monopoly on the slots.
I don't think BDee is likely either, just that Magolor is more inflated in comparison.

-------------------------------

Things to remove from nominations list? (Definitely will wait til tomorrow)
*Concept: Full Ken Alt for Ryu
*Concept: Roy has Awakening attire as default
*Concept: Roy is a Marth or Lucina alt and not a unique character (deconfirmed for sure)
*Concept: De-cloned Roy

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
what 3rd parties we have arent icons

Pac man-doesnt need to be said
Sonic- huge rival and one of the biggest gaming characters ever even if he has fallen form grace.
Ryu- THE fighting game character
mega man- another huge gaming character. maybe not sonic's level but still a huge icon.
Snake- stealth master. still a highly active charcgter since his inception and, like ryu, has stayed in the front of the market.

every 3rd party we have is a "huge recognizable icon" :/

also this
Oh yeah sorry.
Sarcasm is pretty hard to understand on the internet.

Not saying she needs to be an icon, but saying she's a big name in the Zelda games is inaccurate.
Does she need to be though?
I feel she has enough popularity and recurrence she's a pretty good pick.
Especially with Hyrule Warriors being a succes.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Most overrated
  1. Isaac-I support the guy and i love the guy and i want him in the game but he really isn't as likely as we make him out to be.
  2. Ice climbers-To many things going agasint them for them to comeback
  3. Krystal-f i'm being honest i feel she really doesn't have a big change.I support becuase i want a more diverse star fox cast nothing else really
Most underrated
  1. Pichu-This little guy as a lot more going for him than people give him credit for
  2. slippy-I say besides fox probably the most recongizable star fox character and you know why
  3. paper mario-One of nintendo's few rep series with a lot fanbase to boot
most accurate
  1. shantae
  2. bandanna dee
  3. dixie

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Apparently 30 years isn't long enough then...
Back then, she was a minor character since the first Zelda game, there wasn't much of a reason to like and support her, she didn't have the consistent popular fanbase as most of the one-off Zelda characters had for a long time until HW came out, that's when her fanbase started to begin to rise, the baby steps to actually being a recognizable Zelda character.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Impa had yet to have a big impact beyond an one of 7 story-important NPCs in a game until Skyward Sword.

Her being used in that and HW puts her in the same tier of the likes of Tingle, Midna & Ghirahim more than Zelda-Link-Ganon(dorf).

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Back then, she was a minor character since the first Zelda game, there wasn't much of a reason to like and support her, she didn't have the consistent popular fanbase as most of the one-off Zelda characters had for a long time until HW came out, that's when her fanbase started to begin to rise, the baby steps to actually being a recognizable Zelda character.
Do not forget her role as one of the sages in Ocarina of Time (and more recently a Link between Worlds)...each one has their own distinct fanbases, but Impa's the only one with a recurring role, either way her recent notability and direct connection to Zelda herself makes her a recognizable Zelda character...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
so roy and ryu are going to be removed since its now the chance is 99.9% due to the videos

anyway

OVERRATED

ice climbers: that glitch is going to be too hard to fix for smash dlc so better luck smash 5

Isaac: he only had a few games I mean yea he could get in from the votes and reasons, but I just can't see it (but don't get me wrong I would love him to get in though.)

UNDERRATED

chorus kids/rythem heaven rep

: oh theres a ton of requests for a rep from that to get in and plus you forgot about the enemy in smash run, (as a matter of fact in the ryu and roy video leak there was more found in the leak, and its a rythem heaven song, so now a rythem heaven rep is up for speculation of playable.)

bandana dee: that's the last Kirby rep left that can get in + japan fans really want him playable so lots a votes are coming in for him

splatoon squid

just because they are infant age to Nintendo doesn't mean it can't happen

for example greninja was added before X and Y was even announced.

and theres so much spreading for this it took less than a few months its like the biggest thing out there

amiibos so may commercial a real life version in a theme park, and the mii gunner suits. this is a huge spread they may consider for playable

(ps you not allowed to say the costumes for the miis deconfirmed them because a few of the characters that are playable have costumes for them as well.)

besides they can have way more unique weapons than the miis can.)

MOST ACCURATE

King K rool

hes the most wanted newcomer so hes going to get the most votes in the ballot because of

1: ridleys going to loose his votes due to the stage hazard
2: hes the most deserving villain of all Nintendo reps.
3:early results showed him in 1st place supposedly anyway

and in are ratings is very accuate

by the way if I could I belive my vote was 80% before because of the ballot now I might upgrade to 90% due to the ryu and roy leak. (Believe it or not.)

Wolf

Yea mewtwo and Lucas (and now Roy) were the most requested to come back

wolf is the next in line with that

and he might be shown in either the 3rd smash direct in the morning or the Digital direct or Hes shown as Smash dlc to advertise the New star fox game at E3 this year

he was 87% if I vote

but with the Ryu and Roy video leaks Now my vote for wolf is 98% to get in now.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Most overrated:

3. Anna - Never saw the potential in her. I could argue about the "lord" category as the main character is the most important in the series, but Robin debunked the lord title and made it about the main characters only.
2. Ridley - I want him in, but this is ridiculous at this point
1. Bayonetta - I'm sorry guys. I don't mean to bash but I really don't get the love for her. She doesn't seem to suit Smash at all.

Most underrated:

3. Chibi-Robo
2. Vaati - We need more Zelda reps yo
1. Crash Bandicoot - not because he's my favorite of all time, but I really think alot of people from the 90's would love to see a Sonic vs Mario vs Crash war.

Most Accurate:

3. King K Rool
2. Ice Climber
1. Wolf

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Most Overrated:
  1. Rayman: I don't think Ubisoft deserves a character as much as Konami and Square Enix. He's fine as a trophy to me.
  2. Ridley: I have seen too much arguments for and against him when he's a stage boss.
  3. Banjo & Koozie: I would have be fine with Banjo & Kazooie were they owned by Nintendo like they used to.
Most Underrated:
  1. Any Square Enix character outside of Geno, Black Mage, and Slime: Nobody gives the characters appearing on Nintendo platforms a chance and we have some decent picks. (Sorry, I count Sora as Disney.)
  2. A Rhythm Heaven entry: This series could do fine with a playable character in Smash.
  3. A Ray robot from Custom Robo: We could use more Custom Robo in Smash, especially after Brawl.
Most Accurate:
  1. King K. Rool: A new villain in the roster would diversify the roster a little more, plus a new DK character.
  2. Wolf: Bringing back Wolf would help get notice of any incoming Star Fox/Lylat Wars sequel.
  3. Solid Snake: We get a Konami character in Smash and a veteran back. If he gets in, I hope David Hayter reprises the Solid Snake role.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I really shouldn't be saying this, being a mod, but it's poetic justice. Just another reminder that you should never be too confident in the world of speculation.

:231:
That does go both ways, you know.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, I hope there's gonna be more in this special announcement tomorrow than Roy and Ryu's announcements; we've suspected this for a while, and now it's in. Can't say I'm super excited, but I also can't say I'm disappointed in them. I'd just have preferred others, but the DLC line is not over yet. I feel like they will grow on me...Ryu's looked cooler every day since I heard about the sound files, so we'll see.

Onto business...

Most Overrated:
3. Wolf. Yes, he should have high chances, but I think 90+ is a bit on the high end. Especially considering he'snot been even hinted at, while the two below him are confirmed in. While I want him in as much as anyone else, I don't think that a huge fanbase alone deserves a 90% chance. 80-85 sounds more realistic.
2. Inklings. The Mii costumes for the inklings kinda hit them hard. True, we got Mii costumes for Link and Mega Man, but they were playable first. Now that the game's been released, I can see them getting a fanbase, but before it was all bandwagoning. I think a chance around 30 would be more appropriate.
1. Rayman. I don't see what's so special about him getting to be playable versus any of the other third-parties we've rated yet. Some of the other ones we've rated around 10% or so have also had trophies, so why is he any different?
Most Underrated:
3. Pichu. True, he wasn't the most liked character in Melee, but that's mainly the view of the competitve community. The casual community liked him as a cute baby Pokémon, and a representative of the 2nd generation. Now, he actually seems to have a loyal fanbase, and is a veteran to boot. True, he was a clone, but he didn't get a replacement the way that Young Link did, and Roy's shaping up to be the same clone he was before. I think he should be around 20-25% or so.
2. Tetra. The Zelda series' bias is showing, now that Fire Emblem is represented by the same number of characters (and same number of Final Smash moves too). While Impa may be in the lead, most of her following comes from the very latest games, one of which was a spin-off. Granted, said spin-off was one of the most incredible things to happen to the Zelda franchise, and Sakurai needs to replace his Black Shadow wannabe with the glorious King of Evil from that, but that's it. Meanwhile, the 3ds port of said game is including Tetra as playable, and she comes from the Japan-favorite cel-shaded monstrosity game that just got a rerelease. I'd definitely put her at about 20-25% by now.
1. Ridley. Yeah, so many people are already saying that 5% is severely overestimating his chances, but I beg to differ. Most people are hung up on him being a boss - which is true, but nobody has proof that an NPC role will absolutely, 100% disconfirm a character for all eternity. Everyone is just assuming it. Remember when we all assumed we were getting Chrom because of Gematsu? We could be so far off base. Also, most of the arguments given for some third-parties involve "There's lots of support, so therefore s/he'll get in". I notice that Ridley is 4th in want, so I don't think anyone can say he doesn't have a massive fanbase - Nintendo's even acknowledged it. Oddly enough, it seems to be the same people who suggest Ridley is overrated who also suggest that Character X has a huge fanbase and therefore has a 30+% chance... True, I wouldn't give Ridley more than 10-15%, but 5% is a bit on the low side, and seems to be biased by the people who don't want him in (ok, so don't buy him...)
Most Accurate:
3. K.Rool. He's got massive fan support from all regions, and it's hard to make any logical argument about why he wouldn't be in. Still it's not a sure think, since Sakurai is a black box.
2. Shantae. She's a bit of a wild card. I think that a 10% chance is perfect for her since she's got most marks of not being able to get in, but there are too many whispers and rumors. As much as I may or may not want to see her anyway...(my personal opinion, kudos to any who like her, but I'm not buying her.)
1. Toad. Another highly requested character, and his solo game didn't hurt his chances.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Unsurprising news regarding certain characters today, let's move on to the ratings instead.

Most Overrated

This was hard to pick, because to be honest, I think there's multiple characters that are on the high side, but here are my three picks.

1: Ice Climbers

I hate saying this because I really, really want these guys back, but I think the 3DS issues might end up being too much of an obstacle for them to overcome.

2: Bandana Dee

I'd still put him in the double digits, but I don't find a Kirby character quite likely enough for him to be where he is right now.

3: 9-Volt

He's at nearly 10%, but I just don't see this character really having a shot.

Most Underrated

This one was also tough, but for different reasons; not many characters really stick out as underrated to me. I did pick out a few, but the first two are...interesting choices...
1: Ryu
2: Roy

Even if it weren't for certain events I honestly would have still picked these two. I felt they should have been in the 90s and above Wolf.

3: Impa

I don't think she's that underrated, but I'd give her a bit more than what she has.

Note: If Ryu and Roy do not count, then give my votes to Pichu and Chorus Kids, as I think they could use a slight boost.

Most Accurate

I'm not giving a full explanation for these three right now, they're just the ones that match my current thoughts on them the best.

1: Dixie Kong
2: Captain Toad
3: Mach Rider

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Most Overrated = Inkling, personally. It's not even a matter of recency, but just a fact that this is a all-stars crossover. The Inklings are popular, but they're not all-stars.

Most Underrated = Two of them, actually; Ridley and Waluigi. I just want either one in to shut up all the people screaming that being in the game = unable to be character DLC.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Since I'm cutting it close here...

Most Overrated
1. Ice Climbers
2. Chibi-Robo
3. Banjo-Kazooie

Underrated
1. Tetra

Accurate
1. Dixie Kong
2. King K. Rool
3. Wolf

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The ballot can certainly help them in the end, I still feel it's 50/50 situation still, if the strong support for Inkling is still there. It's already became a success now with the sales popping up.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Thank you all for voting. Here are the results:

MOST OVERRATED
1ST ICE CLIMBERS - 16 VOTES
2ND SNAKE - 9 VOTES
3RD - (TIE) CHIBI ROBO AND RAYMAN - 8 VOTES

MOST UNDERRATED
1ST TETRA - 11 VOTES
2ND (TIE) IMPA AND CHORUS KIDS - 8 VOTES

MOST ACCURATE
1ST KING K ROOL - 16 VOTES
2ND ISSAC - 10 VOTES
3RD DIXIE - 9 VOTES
We will re-rate both Ice Climbers and Tetra at the end of the week. And now for something exciting, we are discussing our most hype-inflating and deflating moments SSB4 speculation. I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Most Hype Inflating Moments

1. Robin and Lucina's trailer. Mainly for confirming Captain Falcon, and Chrom be disconfirmed completely blasting the Gematsu leak into oblivion.

2.Lucas's reveal trailer- It had my most wanted veteran, and it confirmed other DLC characters.

3.Roy and Ryu leak. Mainly because :4feroy: finally returns and makes me optimistic about the number of DLC characters.

Most hype Deflating Moments

1. The ESRB leak since it revealed the entire vanilla roster.

2. E3 2014 reveals. Mainly because two of the three newcomers were uninteresting to me.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Thank you all for voting. Here are the results:

MOST OVERRATED
1ST ICE CLIMBERS - 16 VOTES
2ND SNAKE - 9 VOTES
3RD - (TIE) CHIBI ROBO AND RAYMAN - 8 VOTES

MOST UNDERRATED
1ST TETRA - 11 VOTES
2ND (TIE) IMPA AND CHORUS KIDS - 8 VOTES

MOST ACCURATE
1ST KING K ROOL - 16 VOTES
2ND ISSAC - 10 VOTES
3RD DIXIE - 9 VOTES
We will re-rate both Ice Climbers and Tetra at the end of the week. And now for something exciting, we are discussing our most hype-inflating and deflating moments SSB4 speculation. I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say.
Personally my greatest hype moment is my Boy Roy coming home!
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 8.39.31 pm.png
That beautiful smile of confidence! It won't be long until he's back, and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm not sure if this counts, as it was post the release date, but I've been wanting Roy back since the games' announcement!

I guess I'll also throw out an honorary mention or two to Robin and Lucina's trailer, as well as Shulk's trailer.

Though the hype-deflating moment for me was the Twitch Leaks when all the characters were revealed.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Inflating: :4megaman:'s trailer. Nobody can really argue that that initial trailer at E3 2013 that ended with MUDDA FUGGIN MEGAMAN being announced wasn't the single hypest part of the speculation train.

Since then... honestly, there hasn't been much that boomed hype for me. :4shulk:'s trailer was nice with all the in-jokes, :4palutena: & :4littlemac: looked great in their trailers before we learned how garbage they are, and the only newcomer I've consistently enjoyed on the roster (:4bowserjr:) had his great trailer come out after the 3DS release. :4mewtwo::4lucas: were average reveals for DLC, :4ryu: I'm a bit disgruntled by and nothing else and :4feroy: was my second least wanted veteran to return (as DLC)

Most Deflating: ESRB Leak, :4drmario: the second last wanted veteran to return period. :4ganondorf: was still Grampadorf. :4darkpit::4duckhunt: were upsetting reveals. And no Bandana Dee, Icies, or Rhythm Heaven character.

And... honestly today's been a hitter. :4feroy::4ryu: It's something that I knew was going to happen but that didn't make me any less upset about when it happened. Y'know?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Most hyping: The Sneaky Spirit.

Most deflating: Nothing Rhythm Heaven in Smash Bros. Just nothing, no stage, not even any music. Just a single enemy in a mode no one plays in the version I don't have, and a handful of trophies.
Hopefully the two tracks in the game lead to something, but even those are strange, random choices.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Honestly for me, the most deflating moment was the ESRB leak. It was a (opinion) bland roster; neither Wolf, Mewtwo, Ridley, nor K.Rool were on it, and instead I got to see a bunch of clones and veterans I was hoping would stay out, and Hyrule Warriors gave me a glimpse of the Ganondorf-that-would-not-be. I really wanted that to be fake, especially since the Tower of Smash leak sounded great, but there was nothing that could really discredit the ESRB one. Of couse, once the game released, it turned out to be true. Odd how that works - for some reason with SSB4, if I think it's a terrible idea, Sakurai loves it and it happens.

I was originally gong to buy both versions, but after the SSB43DS roster came out, I couldn't justify buying the 3DS version at all. It was just too disappointing that all three of the hype 3 were not in whatsoever.

But by far, the most hype moment about SSB4 was the 50-fact extravaganza. I was really pulling for Mewtwo's return, and his announcement sealed it for me. I went and bought the 3DS version the next day (I kinda like that one better since SmashRun and it has better stages) and hype was reignited.

Honorable mention: the newcomer trailers. All of them. Especially Captain Falcon's (he kinda upstaged the other ones in that trailer) and Palutena's (I watched Link beat the **** out of Pit so many times, and enjoyed every second of it)

Dishonorable mention: "HAHAHA RIDLEY IS A STAGE BOSS!! YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS!!!!11!!" -Several members of this site

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Most Deflating moment? This had to be it for me.
Before that I thought Waluigi was a shoe-in to be honest, so seeing that made me a bit sad on the inside.

Most hype inflating moment? That would have been the ESRB leak. I was getting paranoid about Jigglypuff not getting in, since neither she or Ness had been shown yet, and was a last minute addition in brawl, so I thought they were scrapping the original 12 rule (the title of the game made it sound like a reboot, which further fueled my fears.) . The relief alone from the leak caused more hype for me than in the rest of the entire pre-game release period combined, alone.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Most Inflating: :4megaman:/:4palutena:/:4mewtwo:
Most Deflating: :4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4drmario::4darkpit:/:4feroy::4ryu:/:4pacman:

Are we only doing one of each?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Most Hype moment:
Rosalina's reveal, she was my most wanted character, there were no spoilers, and she looked gorgeous. The trailer kept tricking and confusing you but when they made it clear what was happening, everything was perfect!

Deflating:
The first half of Greninja's trailer. Solo Charizard annoyed the hell out of me, and I was a big supporter of a Pokemon newcomer and thought Mewtwo would be better of as DLC. (NOTE: When I realized it was Greninja, it was No.2 as most hype moment, so the deflation only lasted about 30 seconds)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Most Inflating Moments:

-:4greninja: was actually the only character reveal that got me somewhat excited, especially since X and Y was still fresh and Greninja was pretty awesome at the time...

-:4ryu::4feroy: the sound files were one thing, but actually seeing them in action was another...Ryu is a gaming legend and Roy was a former main of mine (despite my sourness towards Fire Emblem representation in this game)...so I was actually pretty hype when the footage was leaked...look at these fancy new character icons!!!

In the end though, there still wasn't anything to really get my blood pumping, more heart break to be honest...although....

-DLC CONFIRMED!!!!!! (Hope Lives) yeah this would've been the most hyping moment out there...oh yeah :4mewtwo:was pretty cool I guess....:p

----

Most Deflating Moments:

-Midna and Dark Samus confirmed as Assist Trophies...without a doubt the most heartbreaking news that I've heard during the whole speculation period...WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:cry:

-Ridley was announced as a stage boss, and was presented as if people would be happy about it...especially after teasing the crap out of him earlier in the year...not cool...not to mention it's a bit unfair for the likes of Dark Samus when people say... 'NO! RIDLEY FIRST!'...So one character's fate depends on another?....k
-ESRB leak in general as seeing the final roster with characters like :4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4darkpit: being confirmed I was like. . .really? (I have to admit though Bowser Jr's trailer was pretty freakking sick even though I didn't really care for the character) but seriously after all the other characters that were revealed seeing these guys was just a huge letdown compared to all of the potential characters that could've been...when I saw :4drmario: on there as well I was like ......yay.....

-No new Zelda or Metroid characters....As a huge fan of both, this is a really big disappointment, especially after Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem both receiving two newcomers...TWO!!!! . . . . . . . .:grrr:

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Most Inflating:

3. Duck Hunt's Reveal - Starting at 3 due to the ESRB leak. I can't even imagine how I would've flipped seeing him make it in as a complete surprise. My most wanted newcomer was put into Smash <3.

2. The Gematsu Leak - Something that struck people and turned everyone against each other in a way. Confirmed a good load of the newcomers and gave interesting trivia along the way (ie Chrom's cut from the game). While you either agreed with it or denied it, we all know once Chrom was officially deconfirmed, people were high and mighty saying how fake the leak was, when it managed to be right about 6/8 characters it gave.

1. E3 2013 - The start of it all. Started with a bang with Villager and Mega Man, then surprised everyone later / the next day with Wii Fit Trainer. I'll never forget seeing her trailer's thumbnail all over the place thinking "Wow, they're making parody videos for Smash already?". After running into it a good 10 times throughout the day I finally decided to watch it and watched as hype tears twinkled out my eyes.

Honorable Mentions:
  • Greninja, Makes a Splash! - THAT AIN'T MEWTWO!!! Newest rep, reppin gen vi
  • Rosalina & Luma, Launch Into Battle - A new Kirby Air Ride?! FINAL-...oh wait, Rainbow Road? Oh dang Kirby is in Mario Ka--?!...Wait Luma? What goin *KWACHUU*....No way *role footage* ROSALINA!!!
  • Palutena Leak - Former #TeamReal member, lol
  • Smash Bros Direct
  • Sakurai welcomes DLC ala Lucas Trailer and Ballot - Let the cleansing of our wallets begin

Most Deflating:

3. ESRB Leak - What was close to the end. While I was happy to see a lot of cool new characters (Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr.) and veterans return (G&W, R.O.B.) I remember how much I wanted it to be fake because of Dark Pit alone xD. I no longer hate him, but it was also upsetting to see some people thought to be shoe ins (Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, another LoZ rep, etc), not make it. I remember how devastated people where when they didn't see Mewtwo or Ice Climbers around.

2. The Ridley Stage Hazard - While I'm not a strong advocate of Ridley, I do believe he deserves a spot because of his iconic and big role in the Metro series and that no one else should be put before him at this point. The game needs villains and even if Ridley won't be as massive as he usually is, he can be made to fit in this game and people will learn to accept it, just like they learned to accept Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Wii Fit Trainer, the essential "joke" characters. Also, it was so damn annoying to see people around the forum basically make fun of the supporters that their most wanted character didn't get in. Seriously? I know the supporters can be kinda bad at times, but you certainly didn't make it any better there </end rant>

1. Skull Kid as an Assist - Oh boy, I'll remember this to my grave. I wake up and check instagram to see the picture of the day and I see Skull Kid. FREAKING SKULL KID. I was so excited as he was one of my most wanted too. I check the SmashBros.com page before even reading the description of the image to see his official art and his photos, only to be disappointed that he was put in as an assist (a very crappy one at that too. Seriously, where the hell is the moon?). It really made my day a lot less good

Dishonorable Mentions:
  • Ashley as an Assist
  • Waluigi as an Assist
  • All stupid and clearly false leaks that never stood a chance

Last edited:
Top Bottom