• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
My favorite Nintendo franchise is today, huh?

Chrom:
Chance:0.5%
He's really got pretty much no chance now. Not only Robin's final smash, but now a Mii Fighter costume and FE having 5 slots in the roster now. Only reason why I gave him .5% is because he's a Nintendo character.

Want:50%
I'd be fine if he got in, I got my Roy and Lucina playable, so I'm open for any other FE character at this point.

Fire Emblem character who I can never learn how to spell:
Chance:2%
Higher than Chrom because she doesn't have any big role in the game at this point (I don't even know if she has a trophy, honestly), but due to how many slots Fire Emblem has, I really don't see any FE character.

Want:60%
Before Robin was a thing, I always found myself interested in her, and to be completely honest, I'd be pleasantly surprised if she made it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Chrom

Chance: 5%
Chrom is still more likely than 9 out of 10 of the characters we vote for.

Want: 100%
Father of the best blue-haired lord. Only this time, he can have his day because something has changed.

Micaiah

Chance: 0.1%
I would be COMPLETELY surprised if she was announced. And I do not really get surprised with Smash reveals.

Want: 1%
There are probably 99 characters that I want in the game before her, but at the same time, she used to be my favorite Fire Emblem character.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Copy-paste again for Micaiah because I still stand by my first rating of her:
Fire Emblem character #986... okay, Micaiah chances: 0.25%
The most notable thing Micaiah has going for her is that she's arguably the most famous user of light magic in Fire Emblem, plus she's a protagonist and not some random unit. But in all honesty that's not saying much... with Ike already representing Radiant Dawn (plus Path of Radiance to an extent) and the fact I don't see why Sakurai would (re?)consider her unless she somehow manages to get an impressive ballot support, I can't see her making it.

Any more Fire Emblem characters want: 0%
I'm really, really not excited at all about the possibility of any Fire Emblem newcomer; we're getting Roy, who I'm okay with because of his role into helping making FE a relatively big thing after his appearance in Melee, but anyone else beyond that would feel like it's really pushing it. The "over-representation" thing is not the problem (though I guess it counts for something), but really there are several factors that make me want to not see any Fire Emblem newcomer at this point:

> Fire Emblem characters usually lack star power by themselves, and star power is one of the most important things I'm looking for when considering characters to be playable in Super Smash Bros.;
> there are so many protagonists and characters who stand out from the average units, that it eventually makes none of them stand out;
> the Fire Emblem gameplay is honestly quite hard to translate to the Super Smash Bros. format and I think creating a new moveset to anyone just because they have a different kind of weapon or swordplay style doesn't mean it's worth it. Most of the general FE concepts such as skills (Marth having special moves reminiscent of Luna, Astra and Ambush/Vantage) and magic/multi-weapon moveset (Robin) already had been explored anyway.

Sure, there are unrepresented aspects of the Fire Emblem series which could deserve to be shown in Super Smash Bros. such as lances, axes, dragon transformations, or in the relevant case light magic and staffs but honestly those are not worth a new Smash character moveset imo. If more Fire Emblem characters are added to Smash Bros. to represent those concepts then I'd much rather see them added as Assist Trophies, the area where Fire Emblem is actually quite lacking, rather than underwhelming playable roster choices.

And for Micaiah herself, she's no exception and as much as I love Radiant Dawn I have no desire to see her playable whatsoever; Ike is enough for me. If I want further RD representation I'd much rather have (warning: FE10 spoilers)
a Tower of Guidance stage.
Not to mention one of Micaiah's signature traits is her Sacrifice ability that makes her able to heal other units without staff at the cost of her own HPs... and I can't see how that could translate into Smash. Unless you make it a team battle only ability, but ehh...
... can we have a break about Micaiah for once? It'd be like if I kept nominating Tetrimino all over again... I saw her Japanese demand in the Source Gaming article, but that's not saying much. At least not enough for me to change my rating.

-----

Chrom chances: 0%
I feel bad for giving a flat zero to a Nintendo character who used to be a strong contender back then during pre-release, but after the treatment he got I don't see myself considering him as a possibility, even one with a minuscule shot. Sakurai already said that he felt Chrom would be too redundant to be worth making playable, and due to the character being one of the main faces of FE13 Sakurai still tried to do him justice by giving him NPC roles tied to Robin... well, "do him justice" is maybe not the appropriate word when he literally mocked him in Robin's trailer and Palutena's Guidance conversation. The Mii costume doesn't exactly worsens things because Chrom's hopes to become playable were already rock bottom in the first place, but considering the treatment he got it's probably the closest thing he was going to get anyway.

Chrom want: 0%
I wasn't interested prior to his deconfirmation, I'm not more interested now. Though I admit that his mocking was unfair and even made me feel sad for him despite my hype for Robin, but that doesn't increase my want for him.

-----

3DS stages on Wii U prediction: 6.98%
Not sure about this.

Neku prediction: 0.42%
Not much to say here...

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5 just kidding
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x1
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Wonder Red x4

With the nomination from @oni333 Wonder Red should be safe now. After that, time for me to focus on other things.

Last edited:

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
Chrom:
Chance: 0%
Not in this game, no way.

Want: 15%
I'd accept an Ike cut if it were for him.

Micaia:
Double zeroes

Fire Emblem has enough reps at this point..

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Before reading, I suggest playing this track below since it fits this post perfectly.

Chrom

Oh Chrom, where do I begin?

Ah yes, it all started when Fire Emblem Awakening was released. All it took was to look at the game's box art and play through the game to learn about Chrom's importance. He is one of the main protagonists of Fire Emblem Awakening, the best selling Fire Emblem game around (at the time) that revived the franchise. When fans were considering who would be the next Fire Emblem rep for the upcoming Smash Bros title, it wasn't long before fans figured out Chrom had the best shot. Back in Brawl, we saw the inclusion of one blue-haired swordsman replacing the red-haired clone, and some were predicting something similar was going to happen in Smash 4 where Chrom would replace Ike.

A short while later, the Gematsu leak came out, and Chrom was among the characters that was listed to appear. At the time, the Gematsu leak was becoming truer with each character reveal, correctly predicting Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and a "new Pokemon rep". At that point, many believed Chrom was a shoo-in. "He's the main star of the newest and most successful Fire Emblem game released, and with all of the support he's getting, he has to be in", most people thought.

Then in May, we had the reveal of Ike's return. At that point, the possibility of Chrom replacing Ike was out of the question, but many still clung to the belief that Chrom would be in regardless. The Fire Emblem franchise was sure to have a new rep, and Chrom was still the more likely pick, and with Gematsu still proving itself with Palutena and Pac Man's reveal, things remained certain that Chrom would join the roster.

A common argument brought up against Chrom was that he would fight too similar to either Marth or Ike. Supporters countered this by saying Chrom could be between Marth and Ike in weight, speed, and power, and Chrom could potentially have some different attacks. Little did the Chrom supporters know that this very argument against this blue-haired prince is what led to his downfall.

We now flash forward to July 14, 2014, a day that will never be forgotten amongst the Smash community.

A new character was to be revealed for Smash that day, and everyone thought it was going to be Shulk because a Xenoblade director retweeted Sakurai's tweet that announced what was to come. When the trailer aired at 9:00 A.M. CST, we were all shocked to learn that this reveal was not for Shulk, but for a Fire Emblem rep! We first saw Lucina and someone on the ground... it was Chrom! Uh-oh, it didn't look good. Following that, we were surprised to learn Lucina officially found her way into Smash, and before long, we also had the reveal of an iconic, popular veteran returning as well.

Then we had this unsettling image: Chrom lying on the ground in pain, likely due to Captain Falcon.

A fierce battle followed, and eventually, a big surprise happened. Robin ended up joining the cast as the main newcomer Fire Emblem rep! Everyone watched the gameplay footage waited in anticipation to find out what would happen to Chrom.

The gameplay footage ended, and then this happened.

Though some reacted with joy, most reactions ranged from shock to tears, even sorrow. Then came promising footage of him in Smash... only it turned out he was part of Robin's Final Smash. At that point, Chrom was deconfirmed, and fans no longer looked up to the Gematsu leak now that one of the characters it listed was ultimately deconfirmed. A few days later, Sakurai revealed why he didn't include Chrom: although Chrom was initially considered, he concluded the Awakening prince would be another blue-haired swordsman that would look/fight too similar to Ike and Marth, so he favored Robin in the end due to his uniqueness.

Though Chrom was pretty much cast aside at this point, some still clung on, but things only got worse when we learned about how his cameo in Robin's Palutena Guidance conversation turned out:

Ouch. Chrom was the only non-playable character to guest star in a Palutena's Guidance conversation, and look at what he got. It's like Sakurai doesn't want us to forget about that fateful day.

A few months, DLC was introduced to Smash, and with that came the Mii Costumes. In July, while one certain costume caught the eye of everyone's attention since it was a costume of a Smash Ballot forerunner, another familiar face had the same treatment.

With Chrom getting a Mii Costume, it was the final dagger to Chrom's dismal Smash Bros situation. Sakurai knew there were those that still wished to see Chrom playable, but the only he could even be close to be a playable character was if he could be turned into a Mii Fighter. With that, there's just no way to Chrom will join the playable cast at this point in time.

TL;DR - Despite being one of the most popular forerunners for Smash 4 before the game's release, largely due to his main role in the Fire Emblem entry that saved the franchise, Chrom received the harshest deconfirmation possible thanks to Robin's trailer. Sakurai simply thought that Chrom wouldn't be unique enough when compared to Marth and Ike, and so he was reduced as a Final Smash. Sakurai further rubbed his deconfirmation in Smash with a Palutena's Guidance Conversation and an eventual Mii Costume. At least Sakurai acknowledged Chrom's popularity by actually implementing him into a Final Smash and giving him a Mii Costume.

Before Robin's reveal trailer came into the picture, Chrom was my 2nd most wanted character for Smash 4, just narrowly behind Professor Layton. Fire Emblem Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game I played, and it became one of my favorite video games in existence. One of the most memorable characters for me was none other than Chrom himself. In fact, I found Chrom to be more memorable and impactful to the story compared to Robin (in my experience playing the game, Robin felt like a secondary character to me), not to mention Chrom was a really cool dude throughout the story.

I even remember many memorable quotes from this guy. The first one obviously goes to, "There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know." I thought it was a beautiful line that fitted a beautiful opening scene. You also have Chrom's words during the game's end, along with some of his battle quotes:
  • "Anything can change!"
  • "We're not done yet!"
  • "Your end has come!"
But perhaps my favorite quote from him is a very inspirational one that still resonates within me to this day: "A leader must never rest, never surrender, and most of all, never stop learning." This quote particularly taught me to stay persistent and be open to new ideas, and I think it would make a great win quote in Smash.

I know many will argue that Chrom would look too much like Marth/Ike play style wise, but back in the days when he was at the top of my wishlist, I was one of those people that imagined Chrom being the "middle weight" between Marth and Ike. That is, his speed, power, and weight would be between Marth and Ike's. I even imagined him swinging his sword differently from the other two blue-haired swordsmen.

And I can't forget the times I came up with my own reveal trailer ideas for Chrom. Perhaps my favorite of the bunch was imagining Meta Knight, Marth, and Ike team up once more to fight an army of Risen as Chrom suddenly intervenes with FE:Awakening theme playing. Again, all of this was happening before I joined Smashboards, so yes, I was long time lurker of the Chrom thread until the day it got closed down.

Speaking of which, I remember that fateful day, July 14, 2014, all too well. I remember watching the trailer live during work, and let me tell you, my emotions were racing throughout the trailer. I remember my soul screaming inside (I couldn't react the way I usually do when I watch trailers since I wasn't home at the time) for Chrom to get up since I didn't want to see him lie on the ground defeated... unfortunately, the ending footage came along and struck me with grief. My 2nd most wanted newcomer was deconfirmed in the most brutal way possible, and I remember feeling like crying, but I had to keep a positive mind since I wasn't in the right place to do grieve. Luckily, I didn't cry later in the day, though I did feel pretty hurt about what I saw that day.

When Smash 3DS was finally released, I remember picking up Robin for a period of time as one of my secondaries. I learned to appreciate Robin and Lucina in the wake of Chrom's absence, and I especially enjoyed playing as Robin just for the Chrom cameos in one of his victory animation and his Final Smash.

Then Smash WiiU comes along and I witnessed Robin's Palutena Guidance Conversation. I was happy to see Chrom made a cameo... until I noticed how the Kid Icarus crew mistreated him. As a Chrom fan, it was painful to watch, and it made me wish we had another batch of codec conversations from a different set of characters where Chrom would be treated with respect.

After reading such a long passionate post, I think you can tell at this point I was among the Chrom supporters that was really hurt with his deconfirmation. With all of the harsh treatment he received in Smash over the year, I really want to see Chrom join the roster Smash so that he can be treated with the respect he deserves, but too bad that's not going to happen. I even wish he appeared as an alternate costume for Lucina since the two do fight similarly in the Fire Emblem games, though I am happy he got a Mii Costume because the way its design makes it feel like he is a true fighter amongst the others.

Ah well, I guess Chrom will get his chance another day... wait, he's going to appear in Project X Zone 2? Heck yes! Now that's respect!

All right, you can stop playing "Don't Speak Her Name" now. Time to move on to the next character.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Micaiah

Chance: 2%

Quoting what I said the first time we rated Micaiah:
Well, she has been decently requested in the past. Indeed, she would've been a unique addition to the Smash Bros roster because unlike the other Fire Emblem reps, she was a magic user. Unfortunately, we now have Robin, who is meant to be the unique magic user among the current Fire Emblem reps. Just like what I said about Anna back on her rating day, I feel as though Fire Emblem isn't the kind of series that deserves more than 5 reps despite its popularity. With Roy on the way, I really don't see another Fire Emblem character being added after him. I should also add FE:Awakening received two reps because of its tremendous success; Radiant Dawn, on the other hand, wasn't exactly a high point for the franchise when it came to sales. I think Ike is the best we'll get to represent Radiant Dawn and that's that.
Now that we have Roy, it's unlikely we'll be seeing more Fire Emblem reps considering the current amount that we have. Even if a sixth Fire Emblem rep were to be considered, I highly doubt it'll go to another Radiant Dawn rep for reasons previously stated.

Want: Abstain

I haven't played Radiant Dawn, so this would be a hard answer to say whether or not I want her. She does look pretty cool the more I look at her though.

Predictions:

3DS stages on the WiiU: 3.75%
Neku Sakaruba (The World Ends With You): 0.30%

Nominations:
Erureido Erureido wins for John Raimi
I win again!

(Concept) BlazBlue representation: x10

Last edited:
That was very touching. Though I wasn't a big supporter of Chrom, being skeptical of his capacity for standing out from Marth and Ike, I was taken aback by how Chrom lay defeated, watching as everyone else in the room was ascending to Smashhood. My heart went out to his supporters. Why even show a disconfirmed character in a trailer like that, since it would clearly upset the fans? The disrespect in the Palutena conversation was just unnecessary, and the line about carbon copies made me think, "But Dark Pit is okay?"

No other character really got picked on quite like this, which makes me wonder if someone high up doesn't like him.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Chrom:
Chances: 1%
I feel that he's basically deconfirmed, the only thing is that he got a mii costume along with K. Rool, so if K. Rool gets in there's this minuscule chance they were also teasing Chrom. Really should be a 0%, but something about that Mii costume just keeps bugging me.

Want: 0%
Fire Emblem has far more things than it needs right now, and to see it get any more would ruffle my feathers a bit. Chrom really should have been a alt for Ike though, kind of seems like a giant slap in the face for all his fans that Chrom was apparently not "unique" enough yet we still got Lucina :glare:. I remember one of my friends's constant complaining about that (He's a big fan of Chrom's) and I couldn't help but agree that would be a much more preferable way to treat the character.

Micaiah:
Chances: 7%
Given her Japanese popularity (top 30) and that Sakurai loves Fire Emblem to death, I'd say she has a chance. Not to mention that since she's a mage she has a lot of unique properties that may spark Sakurai's creativity, although unfortunately for her there's another mage with a lot of Japanese support that goes by Magolor, who happens to be from a series Japan thinks is underrepped, so Mags kind of lowers her chances a bit, I'd probably say she had roughly a 10% chance if it wasn't for Magolor being the seemingly more appealing candidate to the Japanese fanbase and being pretty much just as, if not more, unique as a mage.

I personally feel that Fire Emblem has taken a lot of attention this game character wise from the others along with Kid Icarus (albeit no where near as much as Kid Icarus did if we're not talking just about the characters), so I'd really rather not see any more of it this game. Not to mention I see Micaiah as major competition to Magolor who ranks among my most wanted so I'd probably be pretty sad about that too. The one positive thing I'll give though is that out of all the Fire Emblem characters they could add, she'd be the most tolerable to me since she's a mage and is the most popular FE candidate.

I'd also like to make sure it's clear that I harbor no ill will towards either of the characters, it's just representation is a very important thing to me personally.

Predictions:
3DS to WiiU stage: 10%
Neku: 2%

Nominations: Clefairy x 5

Last edited:

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Chrom:
Chance - 0.25%

He's a popular choice, but with a Mii Costume, appearing in a final smash, appearing in a guidance conversation and having a trailer basically deconfirm him, he seems very unlikely.

Want - 0.1%
Too much Fire Emblem

Micaiah:
Chance - Abstain

TOO MUCH FIRE EMBLEM

Predictions:
3ds on Wii U - 2.5%
Neku - 1%

Nom:

Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x 5

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Chrom

- He's already in the game as a part of Robin's Pair Up final smash and on one of his victory poses so clearly he has no chance at all. Plus, Sakurai already made it clear why he didn't make him a fighter.
Want: 20% - Prior to Robin and Lucina's reveal, He was among one of my most wanted but also wanted to see Lucina in as well. Well, now that I have Lucina in and as one of my mains, I'm pretty satisfied now so I don't mind Chrom not being in even though I did enjoyed his character in Awakening, along with his sense of humor.

Micaiah

Chance: 40%
- I've never played the Fire Emblem game she was in but I don't think she has a chance.
Want: 20% - Honestly, I prefer Tharja but I wouldn't mind if they did put her in regardless.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Chrom - 10% Chance, 0% Want
Fire Emblem character #46, he already has multiple forms of recognition (Final Smash, Trophy, and Mii Costume.)

Micaiah - 10% Chance, 0% Want
Fire Emblem character #232, I don't even know what to say.

The only reason both still have a chance because FE seems to be getting Animal Crossing-tier attention recently, both in Smash and in general.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Strange, I'm surprised that Opossum Opossum didn't throw his hat in the ring given that this is his best man we're rating.

I'm pretty baffled why you're surprised about that since a literal Chrom-joke Mii Fighter Costume has made it in after Chrom's deconfirmation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Chrom AND Micaiah
Chance and Want for BOTH:

...I need some help on this one. Robin, what do you think?
:4robinm:No... ugh... Xeno... everyone... f-forgive me...
NO! NOT YOU, ROBIN! OPEN YOUR EYES!
The unlikeliness of these characters forced Robin to get killed! Argh! Quadruple Zeroes!

Micaiah... I will just copy and paste my thoughts:
Micaiah
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes
In terms of chance, her ballot support is minuscule and IS has moved on from her. If anything, they would push for other characters if they wanted to.
In terms of want, I haven't played Radiant Dawn, but I heard that she is a very unlikable character that doesn't grow stronger as a character.
Although she did kinda OK on a Japanese poll, so did a lot of characters. I don't think this means very much in the long-run.

Chrom...
In all seriousness, changing a Final Smash would take a lot more work than hypothetically changing an Assist Trophy. Chrom is in Robin's Final Smash; Chrom is a part of Robin's moveset. For Chrom to be playable, a character would need to be changed, which isn't an easy thing to do. Sakurai has also gone out of his way to say that he won't be playable, making jabs at him in Palutena's Guidance stating that he would be a boring middle-of-the-road character between Marth and Ike and wouldn't offer anything new. Not to mention that on the day Robin got confirmed, Nintendo officially made a press release stating that Chrom won't be playable, which they never did for any character.
I still don't like Chrom, mostly because I find him to be a bland protagonist that wouldn't offer anything new to Smash. However, I feel sympathetic for his supporters and fans.

3DS on Wii U Prediction: 7.35%
I doubt this will happen.
Neku Prediction: 1.10%
I can't say much.

Nominations: Goku 5x

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Though some reacted with joy, most reactions ranged from shock to tears, even sorrow.
Think you got that a bit backwards.

While that certainly wasn't a happy day for Chrom supporters (and you have my sympathy in that regard), it was a time of celebration for most other character fan bases, as the death of the Gematsu leak brought back hope for their beloved characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'm pretty baffled why you're surprised about that since a literal Chrom-joke Mii Fighter Costume has made it in after Chrom's deconfirmation.
I don't know, that didn't stop me from from rating most Assist Trophies in this thread so far. In cases like these, the Want part is the most important thing for these biggest wigs of the thread. Though priorities must be priorities for some people. *shrugs*

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Here we go.

Chrom

Chance: 8%

- Palutena must pay for her insolence. The way Smash/Sakurai picked on Chrom and saying that he's too ordinary and yet he made Lucina a Copy/Paste Marth clone was uncalled for. Chrom, make cameo appearances in any game you can. A main character from a franchise savior deserves some respect. He can still try to sneak in as the Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep. Show those naysayers that "Anything can change!".

Micaiah

Chance: 9%

- She can be quite unique. Her only "obstacles" would probably be Robin and to a lesser extent, Zelda.

Predictions

3DS to WiiU stage: 9%
Neku: 1.3%

Nominations

Oliver (Fire Emblem) x5

Beauty must prevail! :troll:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Think you got that a bit backwards.

While that certainly wasn't a happy day for Chrom supporters (and you have my sympathy in that regard), it was a time of celebration for most other character fan bases, as the death of the Gematsu leak brought back hope for their beloved characters.
Yikes, I can't believe I completely forgot about the controversy aspect to the Gematsu leak:facepalm:. Looks like my Chrom emotions got the best of me at that point in the post, as my strongest memory of the leak was the reaction of the Chrom supporters the moment Chrom was deconfirmed.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Since we're getting an update soon and tomorrow is Sunday which means sudden news from Twitter or elsewhere are unlikely, is anyone else interested in doing an emergency rating of things to happen Wednesday? By that I mean rating concepts such as:

- non-Super Mario Maker stage;
- one or more new character(s);
- balance changes.

All of them would be about the September 30th update of course. I think we have decent chances of getting more news Monday, so our chance is most likely tomorrow or never.

Of course it's only a suggestion, and I admit it'd suck for those who posted their predictions for Neku Sakuraba and 3DS stages on Wii U and can't come back to Smashboards to change their predictions accordingly. Maybe instead give 5 extra nominations for everyone especially in order to give people the opportunity to make their items in the nomination list out of the danger zone more easily before the cleanup?

Just some thoughts put here, don't hesitate to tell me what you may think about it.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Chrom
Chance: 0.2%
I don't feel like I have to explain myself here; his chances have already been summed up pretty nicely in posts before mine. I'll give the Fire Emblem character who seems to have everything going against him a small score of 0.2%.
Final Smash, Mii Fighter, Palutena's Guidance, and an official statement from Sakurai regarding his omission...

Want: 12%
I don't really mind too much if he made it in, but I would like to see other franchises get the DLC treatment.

Micaiah
A more realistic choice for an extra FE DLC representative, but the franchise getting an extra is very unlikely at this point. The fact that she's from an older game in said franchise doesn't really help. I'll give the Silver-Haired Maiden a chance of 5%, which is a 2% drop from both my original ratings.
Fire Emblem in Smash already seems too controversial as it is...

Want: 18%
Basically what I just said about Chrom, but I would prefer Micaiah since she seems like she would be a lot more interesting.

Since we're getting an update soon and tomorrow is Sunday which means sudden news from Twitter or elsewhere are unlikely, is anyone else interested in doing an emergency rating of things to happen Wednesday? By that I mean rating concepts such as:

- balance changes.

All of them for the September 30th update of course. I think we have decent chances of getting more news Monday, so it's most likely tomorrow or never.

Of course it's only a suggestion, and I admit it'd suck for those who posted their predictions for Neku Sakuraba and 3DS stages on Wii U and can't come back to Smashboards to change their predictions accordingly. Maybe instead give 5 extra nominations for everyone especially in order to give people the opportunity to make their items in the nomination list out of the danger zone more easily before the cleanup?

Just some thoughts put here, don't hesitate to tell me what you may think about it.
I support this idea. I'd prefer rating those over another unlikely character(s).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just here for Chrom.

Do I need to say it?

Barring an absolute ballot miracle he won't happen this time around.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chrom and Micaiah

Chance and Want:0%

Predictions:

3DS to Wii U:6.56%

Neku:0.4%

Nominate Wolf x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Chrom chances: 0%.
Want: 60%.

OK, I haven't been big on explaining my want for characters, but this time, it's warranted. It really is.

Let me first say that, before his disconfirmation, I really didn't care if Chrom got in or not. If he did, good for him for him and his fans. If not, then I feel bad for them.

Then July 14th came. The fanbase really got burned by the trailer. For absolutely no reason either. Sakurai disrespected Chrom's disconfirmation for no reason. Everyone else's fanbase rejoiced thanks to the fact that Gematsu or whatever finally had one mark of damning evidence against it, but the Chrom fanbase suffered not because of the fact that his chances were killed, but because of how his disconfirmation was handled: horrifically.

What in the hell could possibly be worse than a disrespecting disconfirmation? More disrespect. If the trailer on the 14th wasn't enough bird flipping madness, KI conversation really was enough. It's as if Sakurai really does hate Chrom or something.

Either way, TL,DR? Sakurai has given Chrom way too much disrespect, so I'm going to throw in some support from his fans. I want them to be happy.

Micaiah chance: 10%.
Want: 70%.

Dr. Eggman X5

:007:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

- balance changes.

All of them would be about the September 30th update of course. I think we have decent chances of getting more news Monday, so our chance is most likely tomorrow or never.

I am absolutely in favor of this, the sept 30th update is going to be the first real opportunity for Smash news since July so it's been on my mind a lot. Would also be fun to predict the balance changes like you mentioned, can't wait to see if any person gets lucky with some crazy guess on something as crazy as:4sheik:getting buffs.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Um... is this a typo or something? I mean, if you don't think that the character has a chance, isn't 40% too much?
It ain't 50% or above though. I never said she has no chance at all. Big difference right there.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Zerp Zerp when I said balance changes I meant not specific balance changes, but the concept of getting balance changes at all in the update, alongside the concepts of getting a new stage other than Mario Maker and at least one new character. Balance changes will most likely happen, but we never now.

I think we should ALSO have the opinion of people who run different parts of this thread. colder_than_ice colder_than_ice @XenoBrawler610 CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica what do you think about the ideas I mentioned in my previous post?

Tino Tino 40% chances still hardly represents the opinion of "doesn't have a chance" imo. It may be less likely than not, but not by a considerable margin. I remember debating with someone else in this thread who used a similar "less likely than not means unlikely" standard and someone else developed on my reasoning, link to the post in question if you're interested. Take it as you want.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Chrom:

Final Smash.

Want: 20%
I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Almost.

Micaiah (again?):

Want: 3%

Predictions for 3DS to Wii U: 23% Chance, 47% Want
Predictions for Neku: 2% Chance, 16% Want

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 5

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi! :)

Chrom:

Chance: 15%
He is now in the game, as Mii Costume and Final Smash, a shame.
His fans want as playable to Chrom

As Daisy from Mario Bros, he's my favorite character.
I voted for Chrom, he need justice. Moreover, with his inclusion in Project X Zone 2, we were able to see that he can have a good moveset.

Micaiah:

Chance: 10%

Want: 30%
I not know the character, but I like its design and her fans are voting for this character, so I give it a try.

D

Deleted member

I think we should ALSO have the opinion of people who run different parts of this thread. colder_than_ice colder_than_ice @XenoBrawler610 CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica what do you think about the ideas I mentioned in my previous post?
I am a bit open to it, but I find it a tad bit unnecessary.
If we do rate these, I think that rating a character and a second stage would be worth our time; balance changes are inevitable in any update it seems.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Chrom
Like Opossum said, barring a miracle, Chrom is out of the running this time around, with Roy, Lucina, and Robin blocking his path.

Want: 95%
I like this guy a lot, ever since I started Awakening, my first FE game. I'd love to see him in, even though it just isn't possible.

Micaiah
Not highly requested, and unknown to the general public.

Want: 5%
Meh.

Ultimate Ghost x5

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Edit: Why did I even bother doing this...

Ah...Chrom..
Chance 0%
I think Sakurai has made it clear enough...

Want 50%?
Where to start, where to start....I had very mixed feelings when it came to Robin and Lucina's reveal. Part of me was overjoyed, part of me was heartbroken.

Robin was a character that I was really hoping for despite the Gematsu leak. (which I hated so much cuz it was ruining speculation and hope for fan bases) However, I didn't mind the idea of Chrom being the new FE rep. I actually was hoping both him and Robin would get in. (They both did, but not what I expected)
I felt joy and sadness on that fateful day as I liked both characters, but was content he at least played a role in smash. Of course, I couldn't help but feel upset over the mockery he got.

Eventually, Chrom got a mii costume which was hype for me. It didn't feel like an insult to me, rather...it was sympathy to Chrom fans. And when you think about it, he's represent in smash rather well despite not being a playable character.

Anyway, I have mostly accepted his fate, but I'd still love it if he did...somehow.

Micaiah
Chances 4%
The whole "too many reps thing" and not being a highly requested character.

Want 25%
Because playing as a light mage would be BA.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I defer to Ice for this one. If we get a direct, I'd assume a satisfaction score may be in order, but until then I'll have to assume this will be just a DLC drop like the August one.

I just hope there's more incoming...

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Quadruple zeroes
We don't need more Fire Emblem garbage in Smash. In fact, there should be an update that removes Lucina from the game. I'd buy one. I'm in a good mood today

3DS to Wii U stage prediction: 1.5%
Neku Prediction: .02%

Nominations:
Klefki x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chrom

Mii Fighter Costume + Final Smash Role = Dead. Not even his high requests can save him now sadly.

Want: 65%

While he may not be that groundbreaking or non-bland by Fire Emblem standards, he can still be a cool guy. I wouldn't mind his presence at all unlike most folks since I paired him with the best girl (Cordelia). Though a certain girl wouldn;t mind him having the swimsuit as his alternate costume.

Micaiah

Chance: 10%

Japanese following blah blah blah divisive in the fanbase blah blah blah too many FE characters blah blah blah

Want: 45%

I'm up for it, but Azura goes first. And I'm a Telius fan that didn't play the whole Mary Sue card when I've had my first playthrough.

Predictions for 3DS to Wii U: 23%
Predictions for Neku: 2%

Lark (Pilotwings) x5

Top Bottom