• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was referring to newcomer Pit too.
Why did you bring the point of being a veteran then?

And also, Krystal's circumstances aren't the same as Pit had in Brawl.

Pit's last game was in '91, but then again, no one cares about Of Myths and Monsters. Not even Kid Icarus characters do because that game was straight up retconned in Uprising. Doesn't help that it was never released in Japan either lol

So he was a retro addition, just like R.O.B.

Krystal's last appearance isn't nearly old enough to make her qualify into the "retro" mold.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Why did you bring the point of being a veteran then?

And also, Krystal's circumstances aren't the same as Pit had in Brawl.

Pit's last game was in '91, but then again, no one cares about Of Myths and Monsters. Not even Kid Icarus characters do because that game was straight up retconned in Uprising. Doesn't help that it was never released in Japan either lol

So he was a retro addition, just like R.O.B.

Krystal's last appearance isn't nearly old enough to make her qualify into the "retro" mold.
The veteran thing was meant for Roy

slambros

Smash Ace
Krystal

Chance: 30%
Krystal has a few main things going for her. She is not only the likeliest newcomer from Star Fox; she's also a character that would diversify Star Fox's representation in terms of gender and moveset. Many competing heavyweight all-star characters have already been included in the game by now, so she is in a better position than she was. But Krystal does suffer from current irrelevancy; her last appearance in the Star Fox games was over a decade ago, no matter how sparse the releases have been in the franchise. So we can't tell if Nintendo has been pulling a K. Rool on Krystal by exclusing her from Star Fox Zero...

Want: 100%
I'm not a big Star Fox player, but I think she'd easily make for an exciting addition based on how different she'd be from Fox and Falco. For the sake of Star Fox's franchise future, I'm rooting for Krystal to be included.

Nominations:
Dillon x5

:171:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Krystal chance: 50
irrelevance has not changed my view that she could still potentially happen. Nintendo is still addressing older forgotten IP and Krystal still fits into that category. And she was still fairly popular during the ballot which is also part of why the 50. There was also platinum games yusuke hashimoto who said he would like to put her in the zero sequel should they have the chance to make a sequel
Want: 100
I really didn’t even want to step in here because people are being hostile over a video game character.

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Krystal:

Chance: 5%
The odds of Krystal appearing in Smash 5 are very slim. She's been absent from the franchise for over a decade; her franchise has begun a descent into obscurity after a single sub-par game; and Krystal faces heavy competition from Wolf, whose greater significance to the Star Fox series and veteran status in Smash Bros. makes him an astronomically more likely choice for a Star Fox representative. Her fanbase was notably vocal during the Smash Ballot era, but this is unlikely to help her chances by any great amount.

Want: 0%
I have no desire to see this character in Smash.

Nominations:
Excitebiker x3
Ganon x2

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Krystal
Chance: 3%
She's got about nothing going for her. Wolf is coming back first and I don't see any more Starfox characters coming. The series is kinda in the gutter currently and Krystal wasn't even in the last entry in the series.

Please no. Give me Slippy or Leon instead.

Rex and Pyra Homura Prediction: 74.75%

Nominations
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x4
Greninja x1

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Star Vixen

Chance: 10%

Yes, Krystal is obviously the fourth choice for a StarFox rep. Just like Dixie, she’s being completely overshadowed by a major villain of the franchise. Both are highly requested, but the villain seems to have the higher support. Only issue here is that StarFox is languishing, and that Wolf is a vet. Not looking good for the lady...

If I had a choice, I’d take Wolf no question. Sure, she’s got her staff thing, but Wolf’s been in before and could get some Luigification. Really, I don’t need this one.

Prediction for literally who: 25%
Nom: Mewtwo x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Krystal
Chance: 10% - It’s been nearly 12 years since her last appearance in a Star Fox game, a series that will probably never get another game. It also doesn’t help that Wolf is serving as a likely buffer if Star Fox gets a third rep.
Want: 40%

Rex and Pyra prediction: 60%

Nominations: New story mode x5

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Krystal

Chance: 13%

Star Fox is now a series with an uncertain future on its hands, on top of the fact that the latest entry was a reboot that retcons all the continuity Adventures to Command ever had. Not to say that Krystal is too unlikely, but she also happens to have competition with fan favorite veteran Wolf too.

Want: 50%

I'm neutral on Krytsal as a whole. But more Star Fox reps are welcome IMO.

Predictions for Rex & Pyra: 58%

Nominations: Sans x5

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I had an entire write-up/analysis for Rayman yesterday that I forgot to post because I’m a doofus, my bad

Krystal

Chance: 3%
The space vixen’s time in the sun has long since past, and at this point I think Nintendo would rather just forget she existed at all. Krystal’s always been a controversial addition to the series, and now that she doesn’t even have series relevance on her side, her chances are all but gone.

Want: 20%
Not a fan of her, personally, but I wouldn’t be that upset if she was added to the series. She would most assuredly have a neat moveset and represent a different era of Star Fox.

Predictions for Xenoguy 2/Fanservice: 61%

Nominations:
Hector x5
Codename: S.T.E.A.M rep x4
Shovel Knight x1

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Krystal

Want: 35%

I feel bad for her, she’s kind of like female K. Rool but with less people rallying for her. To make things worse she was absent from SFZ. Poor Krystal needs a miracle.

X4 Waluigi
X1 Kamek

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Krystal

Krystal's been falling out sadly. Thank Star Fox Zero for that one. One can hope her popularity in the Smash Ballot would be enough to help her.

I've wanted Krystal for a LONG time and the Star Fox representation would be complete with her and Wolf IMO

Predictions for Rex & Pyra: 63%

Nominations: Tsubasa Oribe x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Oh goodness, I'm now almost 10 pages behind on this thread. Real life whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Krystal
Chance - 10%

Star Fox has been struggling of late, and judging by some quick research, she didn't even appear in Star Fox Zero. What Krystal is is a fan favorite, which has made potential ballot performance a strength for many characters we have rated thus far, and would seemingly make her comparable to other "irrelevant" characters like King K. Rool and Isaac that I rated at 25% each. Krystal's major problem, though, is that she isn't even the top missing character in her franchise: that would be Wolf, who as a veteran clone both has a playable history in Smash and an easy to develop moveset. By comparison, Isaac has no such competition, and while King K. Rool could potentially have Dixie Kong to worry about, they're both popular enough and from a big enough franchise that it's entirely believable they both get in on their relative strengths. Krystal could theoretically enter as a fourth Star Fox character, but that's a strong "if" that I have difficulty believing in, so she settles at a mere tenth: plausible, but extremely unlikely.
Want - 25%
There was a time where I really, really wanted Krystal. Heck, I'd probably still like her now! However, more and more I've felt the need to consider what wouldn't get in if a given character is included, and if we're assuming she would be a fourth Star Fox character with the three veterans all returning, I'm reluctant to have that many resources dedicated to a series that frankly hasn't been doing well when there is so much interesting competition out there. Would be a superb Assist Trophy inclusion, but at this point in time, I don't think she should be playable.

Nominations - Lucina x5

Predictions - Rex & Pyra - 47.5% Chance, 50% Want

Their fans will see them as strong contenders. Their non-fans will be a bit all over the place, but it seems like speculation is already favoring them. My guess is the detractors keep them away from crossing the 50% mark, but they'll do very well compared to most.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
People still use this arguement after November 2015? lmao
I wasn't arguing. I was just stating that Digimon probably have a stronger connection to Playstation. If Cloud returns or we get Crash that doesn't really effect Digimon chances either way at this point. I'd personally rather Agumon get into Playstation Allstars 2 should we get that game.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Krystal
She hasn't made any recent game appearances, she isn't really that popular anymore, and she has competition with Wolf
No thank you, I refuse.

Rex & Pyra prediction: 60%
Noms: Phoenix Wright x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Krystal
Chance: 30%
Her time has come and gone, imo, unless she suddenly becomes super relevant again. I just don't see it happening.

Want: 25%
She would be unique, and probably pretty fun. But even then, she isn't someone I particularly want.

Rex and Pyra prediction: 85%

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5 :3

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Being a veteran doesn't really matter (Lucas got cut and he was a 2x Vet)
Lucas was not playable before Brawl, so he was a 1x veteran.

And then they brought him back as DLC, of course, so I'm not sure that really counts as being "cut". It obviously shows lower priority than being included from the beginning, but I wouldn't group him with Wolf, Squirtle and Snake either.
Not even close, buddy. I have studied art class and I can tell you the proportions would be way off,
Wii Fit Trainer has a male and female version with different proportions, and they work (part of it is the stances they use)

Either way, it's not important. Krystal could be a clone by using the same specials with modified properties and generally having a similar move set (it's not like Young Link and Pichu weren't clones).

I'd agree it doesn't make sense to make her a clone though, given that you already have Falco and have previously had Wolf (with similar specials, although otherwise quite different). If they don't have time to make Krystal unique, they'd probably just add a different clone character or bring back Wolf.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Even if Rayman gets in, I'll still feel like we overrated him.

Krystal 4% Chance
Non-main-protagonist who is competing with a Wolf return, has not appeared in her series' two most recent entries, the last of which did no favors for the series. AND unlike some other "irrelevant in 2018" characters like Isaac, she lacks much popularity in conversation even among Smash speculators.

25% Want.
My favorite Star Fox character, which isn't saying much as it's one of my least favorite multi-game series represented in Smash after Wii Fit (that said Trainer is a choice I am happy with for the significance).

Noms:
Simon Belmont x5

Last edited:

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Krystal
Chance: 40%
I feel like it's hard to really guess what kind of chance any character has seeing as Nintendo can pick and choose any of their first party characters literally whenever they want haha. But if I had to guess I'd say she's a little more on the unlikely side?

I've wanted her since before Brawl, would be a really fun addition!
Hope everyone else get's one of their top picks in the next game, have fun speculating everyone!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Krystal

I really really really love her!

Chances: 15%
PLEASE LET A MIRACLE HAPPEN FOR HER

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Krystal:
Chance: 1%
Want: 10%

Krystal, as stated previously, is largely overshadowed by Wolf and barely known outside of those who play Starfox (no this isn't an argument for why she can't be in please don't hurt me). I'd like to see her appear in Smash but ultimately it won't affect me either way. I honestly am more excited for Inklings than I ever would be for Krystal...despite never playing Splatoon.

Nominate: Mimikyu x5

EDIT: Also, this percentage based want/chance thing makes 0 sense to me but I'll roll with it.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Krystal

I don't have much time but others with low scores have explained this one well anyway. Her time has come and gone and I doubt any demand will be enough.

Want: 20%

Never was big on this one. I don't hate Krystal, but I don't care about her and I'm not too interested in her as a fighter. I guess I would be happy for her fans and there are worse choices, but ultimately for Star Fox I'd just bring back Wolf and that's it.

Rex & Pyra prediction: 62.81%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Krystal

Number one pick for Smash since the Brawl days and I haven't lost interest of her appearing in Smash since then. Besides the fact that she'd be unique, she's honestly just a character I really like a lot, as well as Star fox as a whole. My true want is to have both her and Wolf to appear, so Starfox can get a lot more recognition and appreciation.

Chances: 10%

This hurts, it really does, but I have to be realistic. She's not impossible, but she's not very probable. I have this huge gut feeling Wolf will be returning, and having him and her doesn't seem too likely. Plus she hasn't made an appearance in a long time, so her relevancy has dwindled considerable. Then again, who knows what Sakurai is thinking. He could very well put her in cause of the longevity of her support base, or cause he thinks she could be good character material. We'll see what happens. Please prove me wrong Sakurai.

Rex and Pyra: 70%

Nominations

Incineroar x3
Impa x2

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Krystal

Chance- 10%
Does Krystal exist in current Star Fox canon?
Want- 75%
I'd love to see a staff fighter for Smash. But I feel there are other Star Fox characters who have taken over her place as that 4th character.

Nominations- Slippy Toad x5

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Krystal

Chance: 8%
She's still got quite a following but it seems like she's getting off of Nintendo's radar in general...While I don't feel she's got no chance in hell, I also feel she's very low on the priority list....

Want: 80%
Since playing Star Fox Adventures, even though I was very indifferent to the game, I felt she could've been a pretty neat addition, in a similar way that Zelda borrowed Link's abilities from OoT, Krystal uses the staff in Smash, just like Fox did and I feel that could make for a very interesting fighter with midrange melee attacks and additional magic...

----

Rex and Pyra: 75.66%

----

Zelda Newcomer x5

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Krystal

Want: 90%

Alas, poor Krystal, a unique star among foxes (and other such animals) who's far beyond her time.

Her only saving grace is if the ballot has far more sway than we'd imagine.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe I just missed it way earlier, but I'm gonna ask one more time; were the extra nominations for the Captain Toad predictions ever even handed out?

Krystal: 15%

With Starfox largely failing for several years now and Krystal being largely irrelevant and in the past, she doesn't have much going for her aside from some degree of support. We don't know why Wolf was cut, but I don't see her getting in as long as he's gone. If anything, I would see Wolf returning first, and even then, Krystal's chance would still be very unlikely.

Want: 25%

I honestly wanted her more when I knew less about her, years ago from today. I no longer support the character for Smash at all, but I'm not completely opposed to her. I certainly wouldn't be upset if she got into this upcoming Smash.

Abstaining from today's prediction.

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
oh hey, wow i remember this being a thing for the previous smash with grooses crew and all that, damn that was long ago
kinda cool its here and new management even if i didn't really do much in the former one, also regretting reading through the 32 pages to catch up, though understand how things go

Krystal: 0
pretty sure shes screwed, starfox people are jumping ship, wolf cut, wolf get back first ect :V

want: 0
nah

rex & pyra: 52
hopefully that'll be a fun day

shovel knightx5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Krystal:
She’s an interesting case. By the time the ballot was released, we almost all not only predicted Wolf to be added as DLC (especially after Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and SFZero existing), so maybe she was highly requested. The only chance I see her having is if she did well in the ballot, and getting in after Wolf, who would naturally be a higher priority imo
As of right now, the SF cast only feels lacking in the disappearance of Wolf. I expect only Wolf.
Want: 10%
I used to want her bc there weren’t any girls in Smash. Now there are, and I don’t really like her design. Furries ruined her for me tbh
I know a lance girl that’s prettier, more important to her game, and more relevant in recent years anyways (also super unlikely wew)

Rex & Pyra prediction: 60%

x3 Midna
x2 Azura

Not even close, buddy. I have studied art class and I can tell you the proportions would be way off,
Lmaoo Morton, Iggy, and Larry Koopa all share a moveset. C’mon

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Krystal
10% Chance

Ohhh boy.

Let me start off by bringing up the obvious. Krystal is a lesser priority than Wolf should be given that he would be far easier to develop and the fact that he would restore Star Fox to its characters it had in Brawl. The fact that she is already dependent of Wolf getting in hurts her.

Next let me just talk about how Starfox Zero hurts Krystal in almost every conceivable way. The obvious fact is that she is not in the game. Having a newcomer that has no ties to the latest game in the series would need strong fan demand, more on that later. However Starfox Zero wasn't necessarily a good game, hell it didn't break half a million in sales according to vgchartz. Perhaps a Switch port that doesn't control like butt could help, but the fact is Starfox is not a relevant franchise.

Now lets just talk about her fanbase. It is dedicated, but it pales in comparison to its peak pre Brawl. The debate over Krystal or Wolf may seem distant today, but back then people were super confident that Krystal would be in the game. Hell she was considered. The main reason she didn't get chosen over Wolf is that Wolf is easier to swallow as a semi clone. Most of her demand comes from people wishing for a non spacie starfox character.

So to summarize we have a character from a franchise in a bad state, a lesser priority than a cut veteran, and her potential boost from the ballot is nowhere near as much as it would have been in 2007. I think I can state confidently that Krystal will not be in this game. The only scenario I see Krystal in the game is as another spacie. And I know that so many people will rage.

10% Want

But Phantom you have given out high want scores to literally everyone so far. Hell you gave Pauline a 100% Want and 55% chance and @CodeBlue_ will eventually have to change his avatar. How could you dislike Krystal.

I do not like how Krystal looks. Every one of her designs I am not a fan of. Command has trash art, so I could excuse that (I could also excuse that Command makes Krystal unlikable but then again Command was fanfiction.net the game). Her Assault look just seems kind of... ugly. Like honestly her Assault design shows off how Assault did not look great as a game in general. In my opinion Assault while a fine game, suffered from Team Starfox being uggo af. Her Adventure design is also something I do not like, as it does not fit with the Starfox series (though this is due to executive meddling with Dinosaur Planet). Also having her turn into a damsel in distress was totally awful. You want to know why the Krystal art is the smashified art? It is literally the only art of her I like.

Now let's go on to the moveset potential. I don't buy it. I have yet to see a Krystal moveset that screams amazing for me. It just seems like generic staff moveset A based on Starfox Adventure. Honestly if Krystal got in I would guarentee it would be as another spacie. A floaty spacie with some magical staff elements would be fun, but I would prefer not to have that.

The main reason Krystal got this 10% is out of respect for her fans. I may not like the character, but people have wanted her for over a decade. I have to respect fans that have stuck with her. If Krystal is announced, I will be so happy for them as they will finally get a character they have long desired. Same goes for Geno, King K Rool, Ridley, and Isaac fans. But unlike those characters, Krystal is not a character I personally want at all.

Nominating No Cuts x 5

Day Over, Back to a regular time and schedule now.

Natz~ Natz~ I remember Groose's old thread. I remember nominating Lucas from The Wizard (who is not the special surprise, watching Lucas get close to double zeros was amazing.

@PhilosophicAnimal its nom time lel.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Krystal
Wolf will return before she gets in, and he's already not a given. Then her lack of recent relevance, state of the series...

Want: 5%
I have played very little of the series, but from what I know, I do not like her.

Nominate 2B x5

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Krystal

Nobody wants her but the Starfox/Nintendo superfans, and even then it's only the ones of one specific game that was very different from the rest of the series. She just doesn't have the broad appeal that people around here seem to think she has.

Want: 5%

She's a token inclusion at best, to appease those wanting an extra Starfox character. That's just not a good enough reason.

Rex & Pyra Prediction: 60.45%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x 3
Andy x 2

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Krystal
9.99% Chance
36.54% Want

Krystal seems to have been passed on compared to other Brawl era speculation icons. Even unlikely choices in the eyes of many like Ridley and Isaac score far higher than her. She still has a dedicated fanbase, though it appears that her detractors have grown over the years. Krystal now holds the dubious honor of being the lowest rated character in RTC for chance and second lowest for want.

While time might have been hard on Krystal, today we have a rather new duo to discuss. Today predict the scores for Rex and Pyra today. Tomorrow we shall do our second double day with Squirtle and Ivysaur, so predict their scores.

Opossum Opossum you were the closest, have five extra noms.

Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion and DNeon DNeon your scores were not counted due to happening after the day ended, but your noms will be.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Rex and Pyra

Chance: 90%

As far as making the base roster goes, Rex and Pyra are debatably the most likely newcomers to appear in this game. Some have argued that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is too recent for Sakurai to include Rex as a character, but XBC2 has been in development ever since 2014, while Sakurai has started development on this game since 2016. So it should very likely that Monolith Soft has already determined Rex and Pyra's appearances, their abilities, and powers by the time Sakurai has started to lock down the roster.

But regardless, if they don't make it in the base game, they are nearly guaranteed to become DLC because Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has sold over a million(Shipped, but Nintendo still considers it a million seller), and Sakurai loves the game, and we all know that infamous Sakurai bias now don't we? ;)

I am a big fan of XBC2 and I would love for Rex and Pyra to appear in this game, they are my most requested choice for newcomer. Heres to hoping Rex has “Think you can take me?!” and “Don't forget me!” as his taunts.
:smirk:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tyrannosaurus Rex and Pyramid time

Chance: 78%
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had a decently long development time so that even if the roster was decided early, it could make it into Smash. And at the very least, if not the main game, DLC.

Horrid designs ruin them for me.

Predicting a 12% for Ivysaur, 21% for Squirtle.
Nominating Celica x10

Troykv

Smash Master
Rex & Pyra

Chance: 50%

Coin flip... Sakurai had information about these character between development? If that is the case, they're pretty safe... otherwise.. well... I don't know.

Want: 50%

Pyra looks pretty, and they seems to have a interesting mechanic to play around... But in the other hand... I find Rex unconfortable...

Predicitons:

Ivysaur: 15.6%
Squrtle: 15.7%

Nominations:

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x3
Celica (Fire Emblem) x2

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Rex and Pyra
Chance: 50%
I'm unsure on this as a whole, so just going middle of the road.

While I could never really get into the first Xenoblade, I liked Shulk and Fiora. Shulk was just the right amount of cool, and while there were a few problems surrounding Fiora, she was also good with a charming design. So when I saw the extraordinarily dorky design for the lead of the sequel and his ridiculous fanservice sidekick, I gagged. Please stay away.

Nominate 2B x5

Top Bottom