• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Elma
Chance - 45%
I think it's a toss up in the end for her. Rex may of been too late, Elma may of been too early. The most recent game pretty much always takes priority. But her weapons may of interested Sakurai enough over Rex's sword.
Want - 55%
She has a neat design and potential. I'm not a fan of the white hair though.

Nominations 5x Greninja

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Elma

Chance: 20%
If we're getting a new Xenoblade character, it's gonna be Rex.

Want: 20%
I don't care about Xenoblade.

New Story Mode prediction: 13%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x2
Funky Kong x3

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Elma
Chance - 7%
Pros: First Party, from a popular franchise, game came out about the same time Smash 5 started development
Cons: A new game already came out that was more popular and more requested for Smash.

Want: 0%
I do not care for this character in the slightest.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Tickle Me Elmo, KOS MOS edition

Chance: 50%

Xenoblade is going to get a new rep, that's pretty much a guarantee with the series' success. Rex absolutely is more relevant right now than Elma, but we also don't know if 2 was far enough along for him to be in Smash yet or not. So I think it's a pretty even toss up between Rex and her as of now.

Want: 85%
Yeah, X is fantastic and Elma would be great. I'd love to have her. But I'd honestly prefer Rex and Pyra if I had to choose between the two. Rex and Pyra just lend themselves to a much, MUCH more interesting moveset, and I can say that based on my hundreds of hours with both X and 2. Elma is admittedly a tad bland to me as well, both moveset and design wise. Better visual design than Rex and Pyra, absolutely, but that doesn't make it more interesting.

Geno x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Elma

Given Xenoblade's success I'd say it's almost certain we're getting a new character from the series. With that in mind, it's a tossup between Elma and Rex for the base game depending on if XC2 was early enough to be considered when Sakurai made the roster. That being said, Rex has a much greater chance of being added as DLC if he misses the base game. Elma on the other hand would be largely irrelevant by the time DLC comes around, unless a sequel to X is already in the works, and even then I'd say Rex has a better shot. Cross isn't really a consideration imo since he's even less of a character than the avatars already in Smash. Elma is really the main character in X anyway and wouldn't run into the uniqueness issues that plagued Chrom, which got us Robin in the first place.

Want: 100%
Favorite character from Xenoblade X (although some of L's quotes are too good, stuff like, "We won that with our hands down!" is pure gold). She also happens to be my favorite non-Cross character to play as, especially during the main story. Really hoping we get her since she'd be such a unique fighter focused on outmaneuvering and tricking opponents to get behind them, all with quick strikes from her dual swords and dual guns.

Nominating Isabelle x5

Story Mode Prediction: 31.2%

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

BLADE's captain

Chance: 60%
You might think her chances are passed as Xenoblade X is not among the hottest things nowadays. But it's hardly the case.
It is likely this game will get a port on Switch as Monolith Soft's president wishes it, and it is also likely she has been highly considered during the DLC era of Smash 4 before getting dismissed in favor of :4corrin:/:4corrinf:.
It's also a possibility we might get a direct sequel to XCX as this game ended on a cliffhanger, thus she might become a regular character, but in the "X" side of the series.

Want: 65%
The more Xenoblade gets content in Smash the better.
Tho I believe she won't have the same "wow" effect as most of Smash 4's newcomers had. She could have enough potential to bring an interesting moveset, but a rather classic one, not in the likes of :rosalina:, :4robinm: and :4shulk:.
And I've absolutely no complaints she's joining in in addition to Rex and Pyra.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Story/Adventure mode prediction: 42.13%

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Elma

Chance - 10%

Considering Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had been in development since 2014, I'd be super surprised to see Sakurai and friends not pull a Greninja sort of situation with Rex + Pyra or any combination or sort of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character. I also do not think we'll be getting 3 Xenoblade newcomers, so it's probably either her or a XC2 character. (Then again, I thought we wouldn't be getting anymore than 3 Fire Emblem characters during early Smash 4 speculation, yet here we are.)

I feel like her best shot was during the Smash 4 DLC period, in order to promote a new release at the time; but lost out in the end to Corrin. Her time's kind of up, but she's most certainly not completely out of the picture.

Want - ABSTAIN

Despite playing Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I've never touched Xenoblade Chronicles X. Generally I can rate a character based on things I've seen / heard / witnessed, even if I haven't played their game, but I know absolutely nothing about Elma, aside from how her name sounds like a puppet on Sesame Street.

Nominations:
Urban Champion x5

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
elma

chances: 50% i think it could happen but probably wont

want: 70% i do like her as a character, but id rather have cross (the actual main character) or rex

id like to nominate stages if i may, new donk city, shiekah shrine, ultra space, a miitopia stage and a happy home designer stage

NNID
Majorasmask66
Elma

Chance: 45%
I think theres a decent chance that she will be put in with Rex. Considering she was from the Wii U era and each Smash game usually focuses a great amount on their prior generation, I think she very well could get in.

Want: 80%
She is cool and would be fun. Plus Xenoblade Chronicles X was my favorite Xenoblade game. I wouldn’t want to see this game get no recognition in Smash Bros.

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

slambros

Smash Ace
Elma

Chance: 30%
Elma has a chance to get in Smash either over Rex or alongside Rex for sure.

My reason for wanting her so much is diversity, to be honest.

Prediction for Story Mode:
35.32%

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x1
Geno x1
Lana x1
Micaiah x1
Tethu x1

:171:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Elma

Chance: 20%
I just think that her time has past. Not really sure what to say beyond that. Rex & Pyra just seem more likely as the Xeno rep.

Want: 5%
I'm not a big fan of the Xeno series. I don't dislike it, I've just never played it, and I don't really find Elma's character particularly interesting, but hey, she seems like she might have the possibility for an interesting moveset, but I'd still rather Rex & Pyra.

Nominations: Fawful x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Elma

Chance 50%: I think it could be either her or Rex & Pyra getting into Smash Bros.

Want 75%: I'd say Elma has a better character design and more interesting move set potential in my opinion. Honestly, I don't I'd really like Rex at all. However, if we were to get another Xenoblade rep I'd prefer Elma.

Nomination:
Pokemon Trainer (Second Generation) 5x

Megaban

Smash Cadet
ELMA
Chance -20%

A year ago that would've been like 70+%, but now Xenoblade 2 exists. Which makes her chances lower, but doesn't cross her out completely. Tho I think someone from XC2 like Rex is way more likely.

Want: 55%

Like I would be ok with her getting in and I think she could end up pretty unique (maybe add some kind of overdrive mechanic?) despite being another sword character. I can totally survive without her tho.

Prediction: Story Mode -55%

Nomination: Lana x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Elma

Chance: 57%

Possibly, if Chronicles X got Sakurai's attention like Xenoblade 2 did. Likely a hard sell for their current audience unless it gets a Switch port. However, it could get a switch port in the future.

Nominations: Lip x5

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Elma:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is too new. To get a proper understanding of how Rex and Pyra work, and the relationship between them, Sakurai would have had to play the game himself, which I highly doubt he would have been able to do when he was deciding this roster. (Ugh, I wish I could redo my scores of those two...) This leaves a character from Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Elma's got the best shot from that game. Add in the mech gun Sakurai bought as a reference, and things are certainly looking in this Skell drivers favor

I hate to be that guy, but the only 2 characters I actively do not want in Smash are Elma's main competition. And I don't see us getting 3 Xenoblade newcomers in this game. So if Elma gets in... well, I'll be much, much happier than if she doesn't make it.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Elma

Chance: 50% - Elma's fate entirely relies on one thing: Was Sakurai aware of XC2 early enough for it to be on the Smash Switch project plan? If he wasn't, Elma's in on the base roster for certain. If he was, Rex and Pyra get the nod instead. The situation is a bit more dire for Elma than Rex/Pyra, because if they miss the base roster, they're shoe-ins for DLC. Elma won't be so lucky. Cross has been brought up a few times before but I see them as a non-factor. They're way less of an actual "character" than Robin and Corrin, acting more as a silent observer than a real player in the story, with Elma undoubtedly being the main character. She doesn't have the Chrom problem of being boring moveset-wise either. More than pretty much any other character, timing is going to decide her fate. 50/50 it is for her then.

Want: 70% - If she doesn't get in now, she's missed her chance for good, and I'd hate to see such an interesting and unique character miss out because of Rex and the anime waifu committee. Ideal scenario is she makes the base roster, and then Rex and Pyra are DLC. That'd work out nicely.

Prediction

Story Mode: 42.97% - This is another one that's going to rely on whether or not this game is an expanded port ala Splatoon 2 or not. If it is, there's definitely been enough time that they could add that in alongside a bunch of newcomers. If it's starting from scratch, then I think that the actual character count is absolutely going to be prioritized instead, as it should be. Difficult call here, but after Sakurai's statements I think this is going to skew pessimistic.

Nominations

Impa x 5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Tickle me Elma

:lol:

Chance: 70%

It's really hard to predict whether it's going to be Elma or Rex/Pyra that makes the roster but i'm leaning more towards Elma. Even if XC2 was in development since 2014, Sakurai would still know a lot more about XCX and what Elma would bring to the table and I think he would go with her instead. I also think there's going to be an emphasis on Wii U/mid-late 3DS titles in terms of character selection.

Want: 75%

I would prefer Elma over Rex/Pyra personally. She has a cool aesthetic and vibe about her not to mention her dual sword/gun niche.

Prediction: New Story Mode

Chance: 18%
Want: 58%

Nominations

Masked Link X 3
Mike Jones X 2

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Elma:
She has a lot going for her, unique moveset potential, likeable, from a popular and new series, good timing... but I strongly believe Sakurai is going to focus on Xenoblade 2, timing be damned. Just my intuition.

Ideally she would be in along with a XC2 rep and Shulk. That would be the perfect Xeno roster.

New story mode: 48.66%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x2, Impa x3

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Elma
Chance: 90%
I think Sakurai is going to focus on Wii U/3DS games for newcomers mostly.

Want: 5%
Not a series I care about...

Prediction for New Story Mode
Want: 80%

Nomination: Barbara the Bat ×5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Elma
Chance: 65%

We seem fairly sure Xenoblade is getting a new character and everyone seems to be on team Rex. However every single Smash has starred characters from the previous Nintendo era and purely for that I feel Elma is more likely than people are giving her credit.

Want: 60%
Okay I know very little of Xenoblade, but from what I've seen of discussion Elma seems like a fairly interesting potential fighter. Dual guns and dual swords is...well it's not unique persay as Bayonetta and Pit fill those roles respectively, but the idea of a fighter wielding both has some fun merit to it.

Between her and Rex, Elma seems to just offer a tiny bit more at a glance.

Prediction Story mode: 22%

Nomination:
Fire Emblems Heroes Summoner x 5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Elma
Chance: 55%
If we go by Sakurai's previous habits, then timing is on her side. Her game came out just around the timeframe Sakurai typically uses to draft characters in (it came out a few months before DLC wrapped up in Japan and about three in the west), and since XCX is one of the Wii U's most notable entries it does stand to reason he'd give her at least a look. The character also has a lot of tools to draw from that would make her a unique addition to the cast as her ability to both dual wield guns and swords aren't shared completely, her arts lend well to special moves, and with her Skell she has an easy Final Smash option that Sakurai can draw from. Tie that in with the possibility that the Vifam model's gun is similar to her (and other) Skell's, and I feel she has a pretty good chance behind her.

With that said, she's not the only one who could be considered from her game. Cross, while they're pretty much a viewpoint character in story compared to Elma (who's much more important), they are required for sidequests which make up a good bulk of the game. Additionally, they also have access to every weapon in the game including Elma's, which means they have a wider pool to draw from if Sakurai wanted to explore it for the character. As a result, Cross could be picked over her due to their own presence and the options they provide, though the fact that they're not as definable as Robin or Corrin does mean that they could just as easily be overlooked themselves.

All in all though, she's an overlooked character that has a pretty good chance in her own right. If Sakurai is looking for a character from the 2012-16 timeframe, she's one of the characters that would stand out from the era.

Want: 90%
I played XCX, and everything about her looks like she'd make for a fun character. Dual wielding guns and swords, a fast playstyle, great arts, a great design, and the ability to use a mech. All around, she would be a blast to have in the game.

Nominations: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Elma

Chance- 60%
Considering how little relatively came out of the Wii U era, I'd say Elma is a "Wii U star". Not to the likes of Inkling, but her & her game's presence shouldn't be underplayed. And who's to say we won't get 2 new Xenoblade characters but Sakurai & friends themselves?

Want- 55%
I don't like Xenoblade. But, if she was in, she'd have a giant mech, and giant mechs are awesome. She can hop in and blow up some angels or something lol

Story Mode- 22.57%

Aw yeah, more noms
Thwomp X 7
Dr. Mario X 3

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Elma
Chance- 32%
XCX's timing is less risky than that of XC2, but if the development cycle of XC2 hits landed where it needed to, then Elma is in big trouble. She's popular, but honestly her popularity seems higher now in the last month than it even did when the Ballot game out. I doubt she did that spectacularly on the Ballot, so I'm not sure if Sakurai would even know people like her.
The game wasn't a smash critical or financial hit, but I think Xenoblade will get a rep regardless. If the timing is right, she's more likely to get in than not, but that is an if.
Want- 70%
No personal connection, but she seems cool. Don't really have much else to say.

Story Mode- 39%

Nominations:
Ashley x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Elma

Elma depends in one thing to be in Smash... her timing against Rex's timing. Because otherwise she has the appeal and potential to be the best choice for next Xenoblade Character... Being part of one of few notable games in the 2014-2016 Years it helps her a lot.

Want: 55%

Well, I would prefer her over Rex, her design is cooler, and she will have actual gun power. And that is fun.

Prediction time!

New Story Mode: 35.4%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Elma

Now, I put over 300 hours of Xenoblade X. I loved that game. It was the reason I got into Xenoblade. So, I do have strong bonds with X. Now, as for Elma...... no. I never cared about Elma. I was more attached to my Cross. Looking back at it, I find it annoying that the story chapters forced you to have Elma and Lin in your party. Xenoblade 1 never forced me to have Sharla in the party during the beginning of the Mechonis arc. You weren't even forced to use Shulk in the final boss fight. Elma could've still been involved in the story cutscenes without having her on the party.

Now, with Xenoblade 2, I fell in love with that game. Of course my Xenoblade pick is gonna be Rex & Pyra. If we get a scenario where both Rex & Pyra, and Elma are added to Smash together, then Elma would be my "free dessert." Just Elma and no Rex & Pyra? No way.

Nominations
Marth and Roy get their English VAs x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Elma

Chance: 7%
After Rex and Pyra, the next likeliest thing is that there’s no Xenoblade newcomer. After that, I’d say she’s got the same/less chances than X (main character thing going for him, vs. popularity with the fanbase, which I don’t even know betters her chances).

Want: 16%
I’m hoping for Rex and Pyra, and admittedly she’s got a defined appearance, which is more than X has.

Nominations
Bubbles X5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Elma

Chance - 30% - Depending on timing, Sakauri might get them in over Rex and Pyra, if he feels the timing is better. I don't think so, as XC2 was in work for so long, but we'll see.

Want - 50% - I have no attachment to this franchise.

Predicitons

New Story Mode - 23.42% - I dunno.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Elma
Chance - 45%
On her own Elma should stand a reasonably good chance of getting in, but XB2's early development, Sakurai's love for XB2 and the infrequency of a franchise getting multiple characters at once all cast a shadow of doubt over her inclusion. XB2 and X could both gets reps based on their own merit, but maybe they want to avoid bias accusations. Or Sakurai thinks the mute avatar represents X better than the literal Xeno BLADE.
Want - 95%
Cool design (only Xenoblade protag who isn't a fashion disaster), strong moveset potential, fights like a John Woo movie, good chance of piloting a giant robot in her final smash and represents one of my favorite games in the past years. I'm really hoping X gets some love in Smash 5. Stage, music, trophies, even things like enemies for adventure mode.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh boy let's get this over with.

Elma
Chance: 40%
As others have said it all really depends on what the concept plans looked like for Rex and if it was enough to convince Sakurai to put him in.

Want: 40%
Starting this off, I agree with a lot of people. Elma would most likely provide an interesting moveset to smash. If we are talking about base level stuff, then sure she is pretty cool. She would ultimately be a fun character.

Here's the thing though. I've put hundreds of hours into Xenoblade 1, X, and 2. I can safely say that Xenoblade X's story...isn't that good. I found it pretty meh. I love the gameplay but that story. And what makes it worse is that none of the playable characters...never reach the amazingness of the playable characters in 1 and 2. I think Sharla was my least favorite character out of all the characters in both game, but even then I think she is better than all the playable characters in X. I have no real attachment to them and that includes Elma. Lin and Alexa were my favorites but that was more so the fact that they were adorable.

There is also the fact that X, while allowing you the option to play as other characters besides Cross, it is a really bad idea not to play as Cross. Especially with how affinity works in that game. Which made it even harder to connect to her.

But there is an even bigger sin X commits. It really isn't quotable. I can remember so many lines of dialouge from 1 and 2 because they are all so fun to say. But there really isn't any in XBX. I can't even remember L's lines. I feel like Elma has real good chance of feeling so lifeless in Smash. Like she would only exist to provide a moveset.

There is one really interesting thing about her, but that has almost no chance of getting into smash.

I know I complained a lot, but ultimately like I said her moveset is interesting enough to make me sorta happy if she would get in. The best and plausible sceneario is that we get both.

Nominations: Ashley (warioware) x5

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Elma

Chance 50%
Want 20%

Yes I can see the potential but I think Rex would be more proper since there’s more hype with Xeno2 but he might be too new and be like another Ike situation.

Kamek x1
Cranky x2
Barbara x2

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
NOMINATION UPDATE

Top 7:
Geno x236
Ashley (WarioWare) x233
Micaiah x229
Blue Bowser x222
Arle Nadje (Puyo Puyo) x221
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x214
Tethu (EverOasis) x208

Over 200:

Isabelle x205

199-150

Veteran: Lucas x192
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x181
Veteran: Mewtwo x180
Agumon x165
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x163
Ganon x161
Bomberman x155
Black Shadow x150

150-100

Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x140
Lycanroc x136
Urban Champion x135
Impa x134
Sans (Undertale) x133
Travis Touchdown x130
Funky Kong x129
Kamek x128
Veteran: Greninja x126
Dark Samux x124
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x123
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x121
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x116
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x111
Spyro x108
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100

99-75

Ryu Hayabusa x95
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x95
Simon Belmont x90
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x88
Azura (Fire Emblem) x88
Masked Link x87
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Lip (Panel de Pon) x85
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x83
Excitebiker x82
Linkle x80
2B (Nier: Automata) x78
Mipha x78
Concept: Skyrim representation x75
Octoling x75

74-50

Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x72
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x70
Labo related character x68
Cranky Kong x67
Sylux x66
Klonoa x60
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x57
Zeraora (Pokémon) x54
Parabo and Satebo x52
Gengar x52
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) x51
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x50

49-30:

Veteran: Roy x48
Lara Croft x47
Thwomp x45
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x44
Lloyd Irving x42
Katrielle Layton x42
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x36
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Susie (Kirby) x35
Papyrus (Undertale) x35
Concept: Wars character x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Balloon Fighter x31
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x30

29-15

Snorlax x29
Dragonite x27
Ray (Custom Robo) x27
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x25
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Django (Boktai) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x24
Concept: Indie Character x 22
Tingle x21
Scizor x 21
Veteran: Palutena x 21
Sable Prince x21
9-Volt x21
Steve (Minecraft) x21
Mimikyu x21
Leo (FE Fates) x21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Viridi x20
Stage: New Donk City x20
Tom Nook x18
Tails x18
Mach Rider x17
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Toon Zelda x17
Gooey (Kirby) x17
Endou Mamaru x16
Barbara The Bat x16
Primarina x15

14 and less:

Starfy x14
Veteran: Robin x 14
Petey Piranha x13
Sakura Shinguji x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Veteran: Cloud x11
Toad x11
Veteran: Dark Pit x11
Samurai Goroh x10
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong) x10
Donkey Kong Jr. x10
Concept: Custom Final Smashes x10
Ghirahim x10
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x10
Veteran: Dr. Mario x10
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x10
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Dragonborn x9
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x8
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Zangoose (Pokemon) x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) x6
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x6
Kozukata Yori (Fatal Frame) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid (Xenoblade) x5
Master Chief x 5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Slippy Toad x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
King Hippo x5
Glass Joe x5
Master Hand x5
Solaire (Dark Souls) x5
Reinhardt (Fire Emblem) x5
Quote x5
Dr. Kawashima x5
Concept: Core Crystal Item (XC2) x5
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
King Boo x4
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Veteran: Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Veteran: Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Saki x3
Weavile x3
[Rerate] Isaac (Golden Sun) x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Tora and Poppi x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Slime (Dragon Quest) x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1

Changes:

Tethu and Isabelle break through the 200 nominations barrier.
Black Shadow is now over 150 noms.
Mipha and Octoling are now in the 99-75 tier.
Zeroeroa, Gengar, Fawful and Paraba & Satebo are now over 50 noms.
Concept: FE Heroes Summoner is now over 30 noms.
Gooey, Endou Mamaru, and Barbara The Bat are no longer in the lowest tier (below 15 noms)
No new entries that day.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Elma:

Chance: 55%
I find the discovery that Sakurai bought a figurine of a model with a rifle to be fascinating. While there are other characters that use this weapon, she has the ideal timing to be the one character this will help create in Smash.

I think her biggest obstacle is Monolith Soft themselves. Will they suggest her or Rex for the new Smash? Both have varying concepts that could make for an interesting fighter, but will both get in? Certainly possible, but if only one got in then it becomes a coin toss based on Sakurai's preferences for a fighter.

Want: 50%
Hey, more female representation and she looks dandy as a character. I played the original Xenoblade but never the ones after, so I don't feel any sort of attachment to her or Rex, but they both certainly could be very fun newcomers.

Story Mode prediction: 66.5%

Noms: Black Shadow x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Elma
Chance 20%
I definitely see them going the Greninja route for Rex. And I don't think we're going to get two newcomers
Want 50%
I'd rather Rex and Pyra

Prediction story mode 38%

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Elma

Chance: 45%
Would rate higher if Rex & Pyra weren't more likely imo nya, but she could still squeeze through nyaa~

She is fine and I'd like to see her nya, but I'd personally prefer to see Rex & Pyra if we can't get both XCX and XC2 nya.

Nyominations
Isabelle: x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Elma:
Chances: 50%
Want: 10%
I'm not opposed to Elma but I don't care for her.

Predictions: Story Mode 56%
Nominations: Gooey x 10

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Elma

Chance: Abstain
Want: Abstain

Yeah, I don't know nearly enough about this character. I'll just leave this one to the Xenoblade fans.

Predictions:
New Story Mode: 100%

Nominations:
Papyrus (Undertale) x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Elma

I do think Rex will be getting in as the 2nd rep for Xenoblade. That said though I'd quite like another Xenoblade character to play as.

New Story Prediction: 65.65%

Nominate Lucas x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom