• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
DIRECT CHANCE!!!
Most likely: Palutena!!!!
The references, trolling, and hints about her need to STOP SAKURAI!
We get it! She's in the game! NOW GIMME!!!
Because of the updates on her stage, recent leaks, and recent anniversary... she's plenty relevant to the general time of the direct.
2nd Most Likely: Chrom (& Lucina team)
Awakening's anniversary is coming up. And so is Lucina's birthday.
I do believe the side-by-side taem makes more sense as Chrom is more popular in the West and Lucina is more popular in Japan.
They aren't the most unique characters, but if they're a team and can strategically swap to a lance, they'll blend in perfectly with the spectacular newcomers so far.
3rd Most Likely: Takamaru
We don't have a single retro yet, and I think we're getting more than 1. Mysterious Murasame's Castle's anniversary is also around the time of the direct.
All 3 of these are pretty popular choices. All are hype worthy.
HONORABLE MENTIONS: RIDLEY, MEWTWO, SHULK, SNAKE, ISAAC, DIXIE KONG, NESS, LUCAS, TACTICIAN, CAPTAIN FALCON, YOSHI, IKE, SHEIK, ZERO SUIT SAMUS, GANON/DORF!!!
(Andy, Mii, and Pac-Man are possible too I guess)
DIRECT WANT!!!
MOST!-MIDNA/ MIDNA & WOLF LINK- Just confirming that Link transforms into Wolf Link with Midna on his back would be PERFECT! Remember when Sakurai said how long it would take to show off all of the Final Smashes in the Pic of the Days?! And he showed Luigi's right after?! He wants to show Final Smashes, and this should be what happens after Link's new FS!!!
2nd MOST!- PALUTENA!
I think she's likely, AND I want her to happen!!
Yes please, Sakurai!
3rd Want coming soon...

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Expected:
No idea in the slightest. If I had to say, Takamaru I guess. Seems fitting for a eastern-centric character to be revealed right after Little Mac - a western-centric character. I could hope for more than one character though.

Wanted:
Rhythm Heaven anyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who I can guarantee will appear in the Direct

I'm not sure who to expect besides Yoshi, but this is newcomer-centric, so I guess Chrom.

Who I want to appear in the Direct

Shulk

Last edited by a moderator:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
There is not a whole lot of data that we can use to predict this. For starters, we have no clue how long the Direct will be. I'm guessing anywhere from 15-30 minutes, as that's about how long the other series specific Directs are. Promotion could be a potential factor aswell, in which case will won't be seeing K. Rool or Ridley. If anniversaries are taken into account, quite a few characters are possible. There are several hints from Sakurai that could also lead to a reveal, the Pyrosphere and Palutena's Temple and the several Mii based stages could be hinting at their respective characters.
Newcomers -

Expected:
Palutena
Takamaru
A Fire Emblem Newcomer (If I have to say a specific one, I'll go with Chrom)

Wanted:
Palutena
K. Rool
Ridley

The logic for the three expected is simple. Palutena and a Fire Emblem character could still be used as promotion for their rather recent 3DS titles. They also both have a stage hinted and we will probably get new info on stages. All three of them have a anniversary coming up.

Veterans -

Expected:
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Ness

Wanted:
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Ike

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oh, this? Easy.

Expected:
Palutena - Sakurai's really going ga ga for Kid Icarus, which isn't surprising considering he developed Uprising for the 3DS. It seems to me that this is the ideal time to reveal the titular character of her franchise.
Mii - I never liked the idea of playable Miis, but there is so much going into their favor that I can't help that this Direct is going to go into detail about how they work.
Returning veterans - I honestly have no clue who they're going to reveal first, but if I had to guess it would be Yoshi, Captain Falcon, and Lucas.

Wanted:
Ridley: Even though he has a lot going in his favor, I still can't help but think of the possibility that he won't be revealed yet. This Smash-centered Direct is set at a time that's good for Westerners to keep track of, and Ridley is one of the most talked about and anticipated newcomers for Smash in the Western fanbase.
K. Rool: As much as I want K. Rool for Smash, there still isn't enough DK-related information for him to make a proper appearance yet. Literally the only stuff that we've gotten out of Donkey Kong for SSB4 are the eponymous ape and his sidekick Diddy.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
It's almost impossible to accurately predict who the direct newcomer will be if there even is one. If I had to predict one, then my money's on the Miis, because they are the only highly likely newcomers who would be complicated enough to justify having an entire Nintendo direct to themselves.
Best chance:
1. Mii
2. Palutena
3. Chrom

My top three most wanted newcomers are:
1. Professor Layton
2. Chrom
3. Shulk

Top three most likely veterans:
1. Yoshi
2. Captain Falcon
3. Ness

Top three most wanted veterans:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Rob
3. Lucas

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Expect:

Newcomers:

Palutena
Chrom
Ridley

Veterans:

Falco
Ness
Meta Knight

-Want:

Newcomers:

Bandana Dee
Ridley
Dixie Kong

Veterans:

Meta Knight
Lucas
Yoshi

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Expected: K. Rool, Takamaru, Isaac
Wanted: I honestly just want Yoshi done. I want him over with. I want the "Yoshee iz kut" bull disproven. I mean, basically any newcomer would be great, but NOTHING could get me has hyped as this. I know he's shoo-in, but that's the thing: it's idiotic to think he would be cut now. I would have gone with this for my deflated, but I forgot about it.

kylexv

Smash Master
Expect: Palutena and/or Chrom
Don't know on veterans

Want: Ridley and/or Mewtwo
Any vet except Snake.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ah, now this topic should be interesting.

Top 3 Most Likely Characters: Palutena, Takamaru, and Mii.

First off, I should probably make it clear that I think almost anything is possible with this Direct. We've never had anything like this before, so it's really hard to know what we'll get or how much we'll get. If the last character drought was any indication, the Direct will likely be trying to compensate for it.

Now, as for the characters I think are most likely, I'd have to go with Palutena, Takamaru, and Mii. Palutena has numerous things in her favor, the leak of course being a big one. Her appearance in the game seems fairly probable at this point, and with all the new Kid Icarus content we've seen lately, now would be an excellent time for her debut. However, I would also understand if they wanted to save her reveal for some good, solid hype closer to the game's release. Takamaru could technically be replaced by any retro character, but he seems like the most likely at this point. I think that if this Direct ends up revealing more than one newcomer, which seems possible given the apparent size of the Direct, revealing a retro alongside a more popular character (like Palutena) would be a good way of sneaking in the reveal of a character not many people actually know about while still generating a lot of hype for the game. Also, I think that revealing someone like Takamaru, a more Eastern style character, after Little Mac, a more Western style character, would be a good way to follow up the last Direct. The Miis are also characters that seems fairly likely at this point, due to all the stages we've seen that are very Mii-centric, even though the Miis themselves don't appear in them at all from the looks of it. A big Direct like this would be a fairly good time to reveal Miis if they are in, especially if another big character is revealed alongside them, much like with Takamaru's situation.

Honorable mentions go to Ridley, Dixie Kong, and a Fire Emblem newcomer. Ridley could be revealed as a big newcomer, especially since the Direct seems to be timed ideally for Western audiences, but probably not as likely as someone like Palutena is for this Direct. Dixie Kong could be revealed if she is in the game, since this would be the best time to reveal her to promote Tropical Freeze (after she missed out on the ideal time...), although there is also a good chance she just flat out isn't in the game. A Fire Emblem newcomer could work, seeing as how there's apparently an anniversary, but the lack of Ike or any real emphasis on Fire Emblem outside of Arena Ferox and Marth makes it seem a little less than likely.

Top 3 Most Wanted Characters: Ridley, Robin, Palutena

For this, I decided to just stick with newcomers for simplicity. I'm also excluding two of my more wanted characters, K. Rool and Mewtwo, who I think have a solid chance for an E3 reveal.

So, as for the ones I want to see reveal... Ridley is pretty self explanatory. While maybe not the most likely reveal for this Direct, I would love to see Ridley confirmed once and for all. He's one of the most wanted and, I think, deserving potential characters we could receive this time around. I would be incredibly hyped to see him, especially since there's been so much hate and debate (that's a nice rhyme) put into him. It would be great to see that all needless strife ended and to see all those idiotic fools burn. Robin is a very personal choice, I guess. As my third most wanted newcomer, and who I believe is the best choice for a third representative of the Fire Emblem series, I would be overjoyed to see him confirmed. I suppose Robin is my one big underdog character that I strongly support. I think he has a fair chance at making it onto the roster, and would certainly be a more ideal choice for representing more of what Fire Emblem actually is than Chrom ever could. Especially when so many people think Chrom is a shoo-in... As for Palutena, while not one of my most wanted newcomers, I think she's very likable and I would love to see what they'll do with her as a character. She has just enough defined abilities to make a move set for, but there's also a lot of room left for some creative possibilities that would be great to take advantage of. So, I'd really like to see her in.

Honorable mentions go to veterans like Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Snake, Ike, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, etc.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Expected: There is really no good way to predict what we will get for the Direct. We will probably get a peek at some features, gameplay, the user interface, release date, and possibly some things we haven't even considered. There is no law or promise that character reveals will be a part of the direct, though that is clearly the obvious attraction and to not do so would be hype suicide. Nintendo will want a very anticipated newcomer, or a saturation of slightly less anticipated reveals, to fulfill the hype for such a high profile announcement. Alternatively, a character reveal could happen that day, but not technically be part of the direct.

Wanted: WHEN'S MEWTWO?

Groose

Smash Champion
Aww, c'mon guys! You can at least take a stab at predicting who we'll see! Even if we get it wrong, there's nothing against us!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Expected Newcomers:
Mii
Pac-Man
Palutena

Expected Veterans:
Yoshi
Snake
Captain Falcon

Wanted Newcomers:
RIDLEY
King K.Rool
Mewtwo

Wanted Veterans:
Yoshi
Pokemon Trainer
Snake

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Expected Newcomers:
Chrom
Palutena
Shulk

Expected Veterans:
Snake
Captain Falcon
Ness

Wanted Newcomers:
Chrom
Palutena
King K. Rool

Wanted Veterans:

Snake
Pokemon Trainer
Ice Climbers

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Expected Newcomers:
Palutena
Chrom
Mii

These three all seem like they have very likely chances to me, and the direct would be a very good time to explain Miis to everybody.

Expected Veterans:
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Mewtwo

Falcon and Yoshi have been put off for far too long in my opinion, and I feel like their reveals should be right around the corner. Mewtwo on the other hand is a character who definitely requires more than the standard PotD if/when he is shown, and this would be a great time to do it.

Wanted Newcomers:
Ghirahim
Palutena
Any 3rd Party

I'll be honest, I am a massive supporter for Ghirahim in this game, and with all the recent SS based Zelda items being shown off, seeing him would just make me weep with joy. Palutena is definitely my 2nd most wanted, as I've loved her character since playing Uprising, and honestly I'd like to see any 3rd party simply because it'd be interesting.

Wanted Veterans:
Sheik
Mewtwo
Snake

These three characters are all pretty important to me. Sheik is my main in Melee and in PM (not official I know, but it doesn't make me want to see her back any less,) and one of my favorite characters in the Zelda franchise (my favorite series) in general. Mewtwo is a character who never should have been cut in my opinion, and he would be welcome back to this game by literally everybody. As for Snake, he is in my opinion the most unique character in the game and in no way should not return.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Top 3 Expected Newcomers
1)
Palutena: The leak, fairly popular character...just seems like a solid time to fit her in.
2)Chrom/Robin: The latest protags of the latest FE, a series decently represented in Smash. Either of them would be a safe, expected reveal.
3)A popular Japan character, eg Takamaru: West got Mac. East might get something else.

Top 3 Wanted Newcomers
1)
ANDY: Imagining the possibilities of what they could do with an Advance Wars character in Smash is VERY appealing to me (capturing space? Summoning sentries? Managing a resource of some sort? CO Powers?). Plus that's another unrepped franchise, playable character-wise. Bonus points that he shares my name.
2)A new Pokemon: Just to see if they're actually going to do a new Pokemon character. Will a new gen be represented?
3)Any character from an unrepped franchise, playable-wise: I want a roster that celebrates ALL walks of Nintendo. I'm very pleased so far that 4 of the 5 revealed newcomers have been from previously unrepped franchises.

Top 3 Expected
Veterans
1)
Yoshi
2)Ness/Lucas
3)Captain Falcon

Yoshi should totally have been revealed by now, and one of the Mother kids is gonna be a starter, probably. Captain Falcon is another safe character they could use.

Top 3 Wanted Veterans
1)
Ike: My best friend's favorite character. I want to be able to tell him that he's in the game. Helps I like Ike too. Plus it helps towards shutting down that group that think Lucas/Ike/Wolf are getting cut.
2)Pokemon Trainer: I want to see if they've changed him up at all.
3)Yoshi: see reasoning for expectaton.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm actually kinda surprised that Luigi's nose didn't get any votes for most deflating. :p

Most Expected Newcomers:
- Palutena
- Ridley
- Mii

Most Wanted Newcomers:
- Palutena
- Shulk
- Lucina

Mostly Not Mii though.

Most Expected Veterans:
- Captain Falcon
- Ice Climbers
- Ness

Most Wanted Veterans:
- Mewtwo
- Pokemon Trainer
- Wario

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Oh, and though I missed it,

Most Overrated: Wii Fit Trainer. Ironically, people who like her consider themselves to be the rebellious dissidents.

Most Underrated: Rosalina. Though I certainly did not see her coming or consider myself a fan, I cannot fathom the hate. Yes, she hasn't been around very long, but she's one of the most likable characters of the entire IP, and a bajillion times better than Peach in the princess department. Also, she has an original moveset. There is absolutely no problem here, and if you perceive her as some kind of snub against other potential Mario reps you are being both unrealistic and foolish.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Expected Newcomers:
Palutena (close to anniversaries for Uprising)
Isaac (Virtual console)
K.Rool (Prime time for a DK newcomer)

Expected Veterans:
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Snake

Wanted Newcomers:
Isaac
K.Rool
Chibi-Robo

Wanted Veterans:
Mewtwo
Captain Falcon
Yoshi

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Expected newcomers? Isaac, Palutena, Chrom.

Expected veterans? Yoshi, Wario, Snake.

Wanted newcomers? P-A-L-U-T-E-N-A

Wanted veterans? None gimme newcomers NAO!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Expected Newcomers:
Palutena, Shulk, Mii

Expected Veterans:
Sheik, Falco, Wario

Wanted Newcomers:
Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Ridley

Wanted Veterans:
Pokémon Trainer, Mr. Game & Watch, Ike

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Expected Newcomers:
Palutena, Shulk, ?

Expected Veterans:
Don't care

Wanted Newcomers:
Palutena

Wanted Veterans:
None

Picky I am, yes.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't expect more than two newcomers at maximum. If there are around 10, then there needs to be a handful to be revealed at E3, or perhaps unlockable characters. But I will abandon my sense of realism for a moment.
Expected Newcomers:
Palutena
Chrom
King K. Rool
Ridley

Expected Veterans:

Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Wario
Snake

Wanted Newcomers:
Ghirahim! <3
Lucina
Ridley
King K. Rool

Wanted Veterans:
Captain Falcon
ROB or Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Snake (only so we can finally know his fate)

It is admittedly foolhardy to go in expecting my most wanted veterans, but no matter. It is pretend, anyway.
Honestly, I care very little about the remaining veteran reveals, so long as they show Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Oh, so we're doing veterans now too and are making it colorful?
Alright.

Expected Newcomers
Palutena
Chrom & Lucina
Takamaru
(Honorable Mentions already mentioned)

Expected Newcomers
Ness/ Lucas - anniv.
Yoshi - should have been done at E3.
Captain Falcon - hype.

Wanted Newcomers
Midna
Palutena
Chrom & Lucina
(mostly for Lucina)

Honorable Mentions: Ghirahim, Bayonetta, Dixie Kong, Tiki, Shulk, Lip, Ridley, Takamaru

Wanted Veterans
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Mewtwo

GIMME.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Note... while Mewtwo is technically a veteran, I consider him more akin to a newcomer. He wasn't in Brawl, and his return isn't taken as a given. He would have a revamped moveset, and he would be more hype-generating, like a newcomer. He's not going to get revealed in a regular Miiverse post, and I doubt he would get in without getting a video like Sonic's video.

Anyway... I don't expect more than one newcomer. There might be two, if we're lucky.

But veterans are much more likely. We could easily get two or three veterans. If I were going to guess, the order would be newcomer > veteran > veteran > newcomer > veteran. I'd guess more on the two or three range though (one newcomer, and one or two veterans).

Expected non-Brawl veterans (i.e. newcomers or Mewtwo):
Palutena
Mewtwo
Mii

In that order. I think that Ridley and Pac-Man would be saved for E3 if they got in, so I'm not expecting them for tomorrow. Also I actually think a Pokemon newcomer is one of the most likely, but I can't name any specific Pokemon (aside from Mewtwo) as being highly likely, so...

ETA: Today's PotD of a Metroid makes me think Ridley is a little more likely. I'm not sure. The Direct is also timed for Western viewers (it's at 7am in Japan)... I won't let myself believe he's one of the likeliest newcomers for Tuesday though...

Expected veterans:
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Snake

My reasoning... Captain Falcon is a Smash favorite, and has no upcoming releases, so this would be a good time to reveal him. Ganondorf might be revamped, in that case, showing him off in a video might be better. Snake also would require being revealed in a video. He's more likely to be cut than most veterans, but the other veterans don't have much specific reason to be revealed now. I don't think Yoshi's being revealed until Yoshi's New Island's Japanese release.

Wanted newcomers:
Ridley
Simon Belmont
K. Rool

Honorable mentions:
Palutena
Shulk
Dixie Kong
Isaac

They're in my signature for a reason. That would top the Mega Man reveal because of the unexpectedness and concentration of awesome.

Wanted veterans:
Ganondorf
Ness
Sheik

I wanna see Ganondorf's moves (and he better damn be revamped). I'm a little worried about Ness, and I just wanna know what the deal is with Sheik, no more suspense. If he shows Impa and tells us she's taking over for Sheik, I won't care much, I just wanna know.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Most Expected Newcomers:
- Palutena (LEAK)
- Ridley (hype induction)
- Pac Man (obligatory 3rd Party hype)

Most Expected Veterans:
- Ice Climbers (quelling disbelief)
- Ganondorf (updated moveset?)
- Mewtwo (DAT HYPE!)

Most Wanted Newcomers:
- Palutena (proove the leak)
- Shulk (Japan needs some hype love too)
- Pac Man (Slime should be at e3, and this gives him a better shot)
Honorable Mention:
- Isaac

Most Wanted Veterans:
- Mewtwo (Hype)
- Pokémon Trainer (Quell the disbelief)
- Ice Climbers (Quell the disbelief)
Honorable Mention
- R.O.B (Quell the disbelief)

I think that covers it.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Expected Newcomers:
1) Palutena: I really feel she's at the top, because we've been getting a lot of Uprising content and that could be building up to something. Tie that in with her being a very wanted character around the world that would get a lot of hype for the direct, and she's a strong choice for it.
2) Mii: While we haven't been getting much, we still have gotten some Mii related content and that is a point in their favor. Plus, the direct would be a great amount of time to expand on them.

Honorable mentions in no particular order:
Shulk: He could be a good balance in that he's a highly wanted Japanese character that the more hardcore fanbase in the west would go crazy for, but there haven't been that many hints towards the character unlike the other two.
Ridley: He has been hinted at with the stage and due to this being more western oriented, this could be a good way to reveal him like it was for Little Mac. However, they could also save him and use a more universal character since this is a big direct, and the other two have more build-up/more to talk about then him for this direct as well.
Chrom/Lucina/Robin: Like Ridley, the Awakening characters have had a stage revealed for their games which serve as a slight hint, and like Shulk they would be a decent universal newcomer (though to a lesser extent). Admittedly though, outside of the stage there hasn't been much for them and there's not as much explanation I could see needed for their reveal.

Expected Veterans:
1) Mewtwo: I don't consider Mewtwo a newcomer, but regardless, I feel if any veteran could be revealed for this event, he's one of the two that easily come to mind. Highly popular, heavily promoted, in the spotlight, there's a lot of hype for this character and giving him at least some time in the direct would get a lot of attention from the fanbase.
2) Snake: The second veteran, again this is a character that would really get the crowd going and being a third party would be subject to getting a trailer like Sonic. This would also be a great opportunity to reveal him and do so.
3) Wario, Captain Falcon, Meta Knight: Fan favorites that don't have any tie-ins in the future that would be exciting to see.

Wanted newcomers:
Ridley
King K. Rool
Palutena

Wanted:
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ness

All of them are characters I'd personally love to see revealed for this.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Expected Newcomers: My gut feeling is that the only newcomer we'll get is Palutena, but I could also see Mii or Shulk show up.

Expected Veterans: I personally feel like Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, and Ness are among the most likely to appear.

Wanted Newcomers: Ridley, King K. Rool, and Dixie Kong are my three most wanted veterans with actually decent chances, so I'd love to see any of them be confirmed.

Wanted Veterans: Ice Climbers are the veterans whose reveal I am looking forward to the most (well, besides Falco, but I think he should be saved for later), so I hope they're confirmed. I'd also like Yoshi to finally show up to complete the original eight, and I think I'd enjoy Wario's confirmation a little more than some of the other obvious veteran choices, but most of them would make me happy.

edit: somehow made part of my text green when it shouldn't have been.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So many colors!
Fixed :awesome:

I think I'll join in on this day. Seems fun, especially with all the colors

Expected:
Newcomers
- Palutena
- Mii
- Takamaru

Veterans
- Yoshi
- Snake
- Meta Knight

Want:
Newcomers
- RIDLEY
- Anna ('Cause that would mean she's actually in the game. :awesome:)
- King K. Rool

Veterans
- Snake
- Jigglypuff (No, she ain't cut, darn it!)
- Mewtwo

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Colours, eh?

Expected Newcomers:

Mii: Showing off that customization aspect of Smash Sakurai briefly mentioned, explaining how 3DS and Wii U Smashes link up.
Pac-Man: Wakka, wakka, wakka. Less likely than Mii, but I feel like he has a shot at the Direct.
Palutena: Just expecting her to show up already.

Wanted Newcomers:
Pac-Man: Wakka, wakka, wakka. Many will be annoyed at this inclusion, but I will be delighted.
Dixie Kong: Still leaning Dixie's way for the DK rep.
Toad Balloon Fighter Waluigi Meowth(not actually deconfirmed, but pretty damn unlikely) Isaac: Mostly for my sister.

Expected Veterans:
Metaknight: I don't think there's a better time to reveal MK. Maybe E3?
Ness: Likewise Mother has no promotional tie in. Get in here Ness.
Captain Falcon: Again, no promotional tie in.

Wanted Veterans:
Yoshi: Won't happen however; he's likely being saved for Japan's incredibly late release of Yoshi's New Island(why is this so fricking late?)
Wario: Wario's one of the only other veterans I really want to see. Maybe appear for the Mario Kart 8 release?

Ike: Just curious what's happening to him. Is he back or are we really going to have only two FE characters again?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Expected Newcomers:

1. Mii
- One of the only chances to properly explain how they work.
2. Palutena - To tie up any loose ends, plus she fits the role of a middle-ground hype character pre-E3 well.
3. FE newcomer - I dunno, just a gut feeling.

Expected Veterans:

1. Snake
- I'm not expecting any veterans honestly, but if anyone it'll probably be Snake, since he needs a trailer and such.
2. Mewtwo - If not Snake, it seems a fitting time to reveal Mewtwo's return.
3. Ice Climbers - No other time to show them, not much more to it.

Most Wanted Newcomers:

1. Ridley
- Duh.
2. K. Rool - Double duh.
3. Palutena - Palutena is one of the last shoo-ins left, things will become really interesting after her announcement. Plus, she's pretty cool.

Most Wanted Veterans:

1. Snake
- To relieve the Snake fans, bust some rumors, and just to see him in general.
2. Ike - The only main I have with a chance of being cut, his return would be such a relief.
3. Jigglypuff/Pokémon Trainer - Either one is fine, I just want them confirmed to see how they look and to secure them in the game.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here we go!

Expected Newcomers
  • Palutena
  • Chrom
  • Mii
Wanted Newcomers
  • Isaac
  • Palutena
  • Lip
Expected Veterans
  • Snake
  • Wario
  • Ganondorf
Wanted Veterans
  • Ike
  • R.O.B.
  • Snake

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Expected
1. Pac Man. I expect a third party to happen, and in the case it's not Snake, then it's Pac Man
2. Palutena. Because it's been a while and there's a lot of Kid Icarus everywhere. I see it as very possible
3. Ridley. I normally would expect him for E3, but if Pac Man doesn't happen then I think a Direct focused on Smash is the best place for Ridley to show up.

Wanted
1. Palutena
2. Ridley
3. K. Rool

Veteran Version that I don't know why we're doing but why not

Expected
1. Snake. Third party reasoning from above.
2. Zero Suit Samus. Proximity to both Super Metroid anniversary and Metroid Fusion VC.
3. Ike. Proximity to a bunch of Fire Emblem anniversaries, including Path of Radiance.

Wanted
1. Mewtwo
2. Pokemon Trainer
3. Wolf

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Most Expected Newcomers:
- Palutena
- Ridley
- Mii

Most Expected Veterans:
- Ice Climbers
- Wario
- Yoshi

Most Wanted Newcomers:
- Palutena
- Mii
- Slime

Most Wanted Veterans:
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- JigglyPuff

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Expected
1. Palutena
2. Chrom
3. Mii

Wanted
1. Micaiah
2. Palutena
3. Prof. Layton

Expected
1. Yoshi
2. Ike
3. Ice Climbers

Wanted
1. Mewtwo
2. Game and Watch
3. Ice Climbers/Ike/Yoshi

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm thinking that anynewcomer announced within the direct will need a little explamation. Sakurai has a chance to tell us why and how they were included, not just slap them in a reveal trailer like they could Chrom or Takamaru. So my 3 most expected newcomers are:
1. Mii (will need a LOT of explaining)
2. Ridley (To discuss the resizing issues)
3. A LOZ newcomer (Most people see this as unlikely, but with all the LOZ stuff we've seen, I think it's inevitable)
as for the three most wanted...
1. Saki
2. Vatti
3. Issac
Expected Veterans
1. Ike
2. Wario
3. Nobody
Wanted veterans
1. Ike
2. ZSS
3. Young Link, just to see people's reactions:)

P.S. Sorry for my bad grammar and lack of colors :(

D

Deleted member

I guess I should add two more things to my most deflating moments:
March's Character Drought
We were on a roll! And then... it stopped... we had so many opportunities to reveal someone and no one got revealed.
Pic of the Day
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice put it best when he said this that the PotD is inferior to the Dojo. I loved waking up every morning during Pre-Brawl to see what informative post Sakurai posted... and now we have to leave these pics to our own interpretation... and some days feel wasted due to the amount of filler we've seen over time.

Now... onto THIS day.

This long title has been added to the Directory.

Expected Veterans
-Wario
-Yoshi
-Snake

Expected Newcomers
-Palutena
-Takamaru
-Dixie Kong
After Dixie Kong, I also expect Chrom to get revealed.
I expect one of the three. I can also see Shulk, Miis, Ridley, and Isaac get confirmed, but I am not expecting them tremendously.

Wanted Veterans
-Wario (I've been waiting for him for a long time...)
-Yoshi
-Meta Knight
(honorable mention goes to a Decloned Ganondorf)

Wanted Newcomers
I can't list three... only one character feels perfect for the Direct for me...

MONADO! LEND US YOUR POWER! (Shulk)
I could say King K. Rool, but I rather see him at E3 and it would be weird to see him here.
I want Dixie Kong if I can't have K. Rool, but I don't want to see anyone get upset afterwards.
I could care less for Palutena, Chrom, and Isaac.
I don't want Miis.
I can see Takamaru get confirmed and it would make sense if he did, but I can't hype myself for him.
I want Bomberman, but he is a longshot.
I want Bandana Dee, but it's awkward to see him get confirmed when we don't even have Meta Knight yet.

So my three Wanted Newcomers all go to Shulk. I believe he has been hinted, but I am not expecting him. I really want to see him get confirmed in this Direct, but I am not expecting him. I'm keeping my expectations low, but my hopes up... and all of my hope goes to Shulk.
Come on, Shulk! Go and Engage the Enemy! Let them know your name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom