• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Ridley:
Want: 100%. I would love to have him! His moveset would make itself.
Chance:90%. Some of the HIGHEST fan demand for any character. Not to mention *ahem* Today's Miiverse Post?
"Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Bulborb:

Chance: 0%
Bulbmin might have a shot in someone else's moveset, but not really...

Want: 0%
They should be an enemy in the Pikmin part of Adventure mode.

Ridley:

Chance: 92%
He'll be hard to implement, but looking at the characters they've so far included they aren't scared of difficult characters this time round. I think he's highly likely to be in the game, the biggest issue I find is if they come up against problems implementing him to the standards they require... honestly no other reason exists as far as I can tell for not including him... especially after today's miiverse post.

Want: 100%
Metroid isn't that popular outside of the US, but it's worth way more than a character and a half for there alone. He deserves to get in and I'd be happy for his supporters when he does. He also would bring a unique playstyle I'm sure, and while I don't think I'd play him much (who knows), I'd still be happy to play against him.

King Boo: 3%
Boss material.

Rhythm Heaven Stage: 78%
Rhythm Heaven is awesome, popular and deserving of representation... sadly characters don't suit it that well, but a stage (with music included) does oh so well. Sadly a few people will dismiss it because 'casual blah blah blah' but as far as I'm concerned it's practically a lock for a stage.

Fatal Frame*5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Bulborb
Double 0s
Next is Ridley...

Sakurai: "Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."
Thanks Sakurai. Scale of size does not matter in Smash Bros. It never has. Now with us ever farther from the Pyrosphere, it seems Ridley has a greater shot each day. Combined with Metroid needing a rep and popularity, his chances grow each day.
85% Chance
Lets piss off the TooBigots. Ok, that alone is one reason Ridley should be in. Metroid also needs a rep, and Ridley could have a cool playstyle based on brutally beating your foes down. Overall, my 3rd most wanted newcomer.
1.Robin
2.Shulk
3.Ridley
4.K Rool
5.Mewtwo
So, 100% Want

King Boo 3.44%
Rhythem Heven stage 49.5%

Nominating K Rool x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, Sakurai... you managed to change my opinion once more. I was planning on tossing out a percentage in the low fifties, but with that picture I'll have to reconsider a bit.

Why do I feel like the judge from Ace Attorney? Argh... I've changed my mind too often on this space dragon.

I apologize the arguing I may have caused.

Anyway, as usual, I'll have my rating in tomorrow.
No need to apologize. You allowed us to approach things from a different angle--a necessary thing when rating characters as objectively as possible. You see things a bit differently than most, but holding a different opinion is no crime.

I hold to this belief--if the Stork becomes playable, it is supposed to surprise us, and there is no way we were meant to be able to predict it.

Nominations: Midna x5. Does this count after yesterday?
Not sure what you mean. You can nominate any character at any time. I'd be nominating Midna now, too, if I didn't have unfinished business with a certain scientist.

Ridley Want and Chance: 90%

Looking objectively at the series' previous and current character inclusion criteria, he's got a fantastic shot. Anything that could keep him out (e.g. Sakurai being a TooBigot) is nothing we can predict at this point.
I'm a tad surprised, BKupa. I know you don't have the biggest connection to the Metroid series, but I thought you were 100% behind Ridley.

So I'm supposed to vote on Bulborb and Ridley's chances, and then predict King Boo's?
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I need to go back through and clean up the OP. It's become a bit cluttered.

I CHOOSE TROLL!!!

X10 Standalone Landmaster!
I'll drop two things off here. First: I guess we can rate that. A Landmaster day probably wouldn't cause any arguments and it would be more intresting than some of the things we've rated recently. Please don't let it derail our discussion until we rate it, however.

...and the second thing is this awesome image that I believe Angelglory made.
[collapse=Landmaster]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Bulborb: 0% in both - There are many better picks for Pikmin than a regular enemy, and the chance of a Pikmin newcomer is already incredibly low. It's dead in my eyes.

Ridley: What a lovely day to rate Ridley, huh? I doubt the timing could be any better.

Chance: 85% - Recent happenings like Little Mac's inclusion (previously revealed stage, American demand) and today's pic of the day ("The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale") has really made me quite a bit more confident in Ridley's chances. Previously I rated him 75% I believe, this time it's boosted by a whole 10%, putting him up to the same chance percentage I gave Little Mac, and the highest chance percentage I've given out in this game. Even if I knew things like the "too big" and "Sakurai only cares about Japan" arguments were bull****, seeing Sakurai smear it in everyone's faces just raises my spirit. It is my belief that Sakurai has been teasing Ridley ever since the Pyrosphere announcement, or maybe even the Olimar and Kirby comparison.

Do I need to say the usual stuff too? Crazy demand, representation for an under-represented franchise, potential for a very unique character, it's all there.

Want: 100% - I hate that I can't vote above this. Ridley is the reason no other character gets 100% in want from me, because it's just absurd to compare anyone else to how much I want Ridley. The only guy who is close is K. Rool, who I usually give 90% iirc. If I haven't talked about how much I want Ridley before, I'll put it like this: If it wasn't for Ridley I wouldn't be on these boards today. I wouldn't be following the game as closely as I do. If it wasn't for his overly badass appearance in Melee's intro I wouldn't have branched out and have become the Nintendo fan I am today. So as you might figure, Ridley is my one and everything for this game, I won't believe that this game's roster is complete without Ridley.

King Boo Prediction: 5% - It's a neat idea, but I don't see the Mario universe getting anything else, and if anyone it won't be King Boo of all characters. I'm pretty sure the majority can agree with me.

Nominations:
5x Takamaru

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bulborb and Ridley have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Ridley on his days, check back to see what you said!

Bulborb
Chance:
0%

An enemy? Over characters like Louie, Alph, and the President? Give me a break.
NO

... and our next character is having trouble fitting through the door...

This picture does not reflect Brawler610's thoughts on Ridley.
Chance: 40%
10% lower than before. I've been thinking about it and there are 3 likely scenarios:
40% Playable: Ridley has been one of the most requested newcomers in the West. Japan notices this and Sakurai may have caught wind to it, so Ridley is hard to ignore. Seeing Little Mac, a character highly wanted in the West, is now playable in Smash, Ridley might have some hope. However, Sakurai has mentioned before that Ridley would take the team's best efforts to be playable. However, I don't find him to be too big. Resizing is extremely possible.
40% Stage Hazard: I just don't know. I can definitely see this happening. For the past few months, we have not seen Ridley on the Pyrosphere. Does that lower his chances of becoming one? No. He was a stage hazard in Dead or Alive Dimensions on the 3DS in the Pyrosphere stage. The same case could happen here.
20% Boss: I'm keeping this one the lowest as we haven't seen any sort of Adventure Mode or any sort of boss. If bosses return, then Ridley could be a candidate to become one again.
This is how I feel overall. I hate speculating on this character.
Want: 55%
Would he be cool to see? Yes. Would I really care if he got in? Not really. Ridley's speculation has waned down my want for the character. He isn't that interesting to me. Ridley is cool, but I don't think his moveset would scream exciting to me.
I rather have Sakurai stop being a troll and just confirm him or disconfirm him now rather than later. If he's confirmed, he's a lock for every game. If he's disconfirmed, then it's time to let him go (and if that happens, I'll give 0%-20% chance in the next RTC as my confidence in him would be low).
I am not going to expect him nor hype myself for him. If I do, I might be led to eventual disappointment.

King Boo Prediction: 1.27%
Seeing as how people have been posting ridiculous scores towards characters like Plasm Wraith and Stork, I sense kindness will come King Boo's way.
Rhythm Heaven Stage Prediction: 10.75%
I dunno.

Nominations: Zael 5x

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Bulborb:

0% Chance and Want: I didn't predict for this one yesterday because I wasn't sure what it was, but yeah, this is never going to happen. If there is going to be a Pikmin newcomer it will be another Captain or a more iconic or suitable enemy. Bulborb isn't impossible to have a moveset, but he's so obviously built to be a simplistic boss character in a single-player setting.

Ridley:

90% Chance: Easily the most requested newcomer and mentioned many times by Sakurai as a possibility. Ridley is not only incredibly popular but hails from a series that doesn't have many other good candidates. Not only is Ridley that well-liked, he is the definitive would-be newcomer, almost unarguably so. The size argument has been debunked today on the Dojo, the stage hazard argument was debunked with Toon Link. The reasons not to include the character have been slowly whittled down over time. This would be a newcomer that would create insane hype for the game, and would be an ace up Nintendo's sleeve at their E3 Direct. He's that popular. Reggie's Metroid pin and other things hint that Nintendo may be revealing a new Metroid game at the same time, making it perfect for Ridley's reveal. The only thing going against Ridley is what Sakurai has said himself - that making the character a playable moveset would be a challenge.

60% Want: There is a big part of me that would like to see this just for the reaction and validation of all his fans. He is a gigantic part of the speculation around the game and has been wanted in since Melee. I do think some of his popularity is misplaced, because his moveset would not only be challenging to make at all, but challenging to make fun. Ridley's size, even scaled down, is a problem as he'd naturally be a big target and would need to be balanced around that harder than Bowser. He would have to be a heavyweight who also flies around all the time and has projectiles, maybe an aerial grab... and ultimately I don't think it'd even be that exciting to play. There's nothing that screams "original" to me about Ridley. On the other hand, an aerial heavyweight could be fun in of itself and Metroid deserves a villainous rep. But to compare to say, K. Rool, it's pretty clear which is more deserving on their own merits as a character.

King Boo: 5%
Unlikely that Luigi's Mansion will get a rep, when Luigi doesn't even have the Poultergeist. I could see a stage or boss, out of King Boo actually, and Luigi's Mansion 2 both falls into the right time frame for SSB4 and could be the middle game in a planned trilogy, so maybe they'll push for a rep? King Boo definitely has great potential for a set (I made one recently) and is a fun character, not with a whole lot of substance, but I'd love to see him.

Rhythm Heaven Stage: 1.5%
Obscure game, but great fun, and a WarioWare stage would be cool. Just not that well-known to be considered highly.

Goku x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bulborb

Chance - 0% - Everything a Bulborb can do, the Emperor Bulblax can do better. At least it has a tongue and frog-like abilities to play around with.

Want - 10% - Dull and uniteresting. Again, if I had my pick for a Pikmin newcomer, we'd be getting the Titan Dwevil.

Ridley

Chance - 95% - A single percent off my pre-pyosphere score. At this point, Sakurai's been teasing us so much for so long, and yet nothing has come up. At this point, I'm convinced that the pryosphere helps Ridley if anything, though I'm still on the warry side.

Want - 99.99% - After much debate with myself, Ridley has now taken the #2 spot on my want list, after Palutena. Thus, as I feel 100% want should be reserved for my most wanted, Ridley loses a single hundredth of a percent.

Prediction

King Boo - 2.37% - Just tossing out some random number here.

Rhythm Heaven Stage - 58.5% - Some optimism here. If Rhythm Heaven gets at least one thing, it's this.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bulborb:
Likelihood: 0%
Quite similar in situation to our feathered friend from last day, I'd say. A Pikmin newcomer is rather unlikely with the emphasis on uniqueness for newcomers (though not impossible), and he's not getting in before the other Captains Louie, Alph, Charlie and Britanny.

Want: 5%
In all honestly, my preferred choice for a Pikmin newcomer (I'm ashamed of myself, don't kill me please.)

Ridley:
Likelihood: 78%
Personally, I think he's the most likely character yet to be revealed after K. Rool and Palutena. Today's picture stomped the size argument into the ground once more.

Want: 75%
I haven't played any Metroid games, so I have no attachment to him. The only reason my want score is above 50% is because many of my friends want to see his included, and I feel he is a deserving candidate.

King Boo prediction: 5%
Rhythm Heaven stage prediction: 56%
No idea how tomorrow will turn out, so just throwing out numbers.

E. Gadd x 5

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Here we go again !

LORD RIDLEY :
Likeliness : 90%
-Ridley is a very Important character of the Metroid franchise since he is the main antagonist of the Metroid series and is the most reccuring character of the franchise after Samus herself.

-If he is not that poppluar in Japan, he is a very poppular character in the west, a simmilar situation than Little Mac an already confirmed newcommer.

-Like every newcommer so far he could bring something new to smash by giving us smash first grappler/aerial grab.

-Ridley have appeared in every Smash bros game so far in some way, a feat that not even the likes of Bowser, Ganondorf and other Mewtwo can claim to have accomplished.

-Ridley is iconic enough to appear in games where Metroid content is at minimum such as Dead or Alive : Dimensions and Nintendoland.

So does this guy have anything against his inclusion :
-Ridley is too big to look right if he is resized ? Nope, his fans have been able to make him look right in countless pics, hacks and videos, also thanks to today pic of the day (thanks Sakurai, you couldn't have given us this pic at a better time), we can prove even more that resizing characters is not an issue.

-Ridley is going to stay a boss because of Brawl ? Nope, Ridley have been the most versatile character in smash so far, from background character to cutscene character to finally two bosses, it's unlikely for Ridley to settle down to a role that his own fans didn't like to see him in and we have yet to know if bosses will come back in this game. Finally as shown by characters such as Charizard and Villager, it's not impossible to make a jump from NPC to playable.

-Ridley is a stage hazard ? This one is getting more unlikely by the day, it has been 6 months now that the Pyrosphere is confirmed as a stage, we had more than 20 pictures and 3 video footage of it and yet not a single Ridley appearance have been shown so far. Also Ridley could easily follow the path opened by Rosalina and Little Mac by being confirmed playable after his home stage.

Want : 100%
My most wanted character for this game, I would be really disappointed if he don't make it.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Bulborb
1%
want 3%

Ridley - even with the new pic it isn't guaranteed, but it does help our arguments for him
80% still dropped off from the high 90s because of pyrosphere... :/ -_- :(
want 9001%

and if for some reason you don't believe his chance is that high check my YouTube video on him.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Bulborb Chance - 0.1%
Poor lil guy never really stood a chance.
Bulborb Want - 10%
I would definitely like to see what they would do with the lil guy but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Ridley Chance - 85%
The most likely metroid newcomer so his chances are currently pretty high. At this point he is a staple to the metroid series and a perfect character to be second rep for. I'm not really gonna bother explaining anymore because there are probably others that do a better a job at explaining this ^^;
Ridley Want - 90%
I was never too keen on the character originally but he sort of grew on me and now I would defiantly like to see him.

Predictions
King Boo - 10% - Meh
Rhythm Heaven stage - 67% - Heck if electroplankton got a stage I can easily see Rhythm Heaven getting one!

Nominations
Chibi-Robo X5

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Bulborb:
Chance: 1%
Not the best for a second Pikmin Rep.

Ridley:
Chance: 60%
Want: 50%
Could be a stage hazard, I'd like to see Ridley myself, but I'm tired of seeing Ridley everywhere. Honestly he's pretty darn big.

Predictions:
King Boo: 8%
Rhythm Heaven Stage: 50%

Nomination: Charizard Stand-Alone x5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Bulborb
Chance: 0% - A Generic Enemy - no better than a Goomba.
Want: 0% - No thanks. Adventure Mode Enemy, Stage Hazard, or Bust.

Ridley:
Chance - 10% Once again I must be the voice of reason :troll: Yes, Sakurai did go back on his word with Villager, and Yes, Olimar is way resized, but Ridley - no chance. Sakurai is not right when he says he's too big, but that doesn't mean he's going to put a character who he likely thinks is still too big, especially since he put in 2 Major Fan Requests already - Mega Man and Little Mac.
Want: 75% - I like Ridley, but there are still others I would rather have.

King Boo: 9%/
RH Stage: 55%.

Nominations:
Alexandra Roivas x5 (I want to save Sora for a day when I'll be here, so please, try to keep him down until Sunday! He's only two days away.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ridley:
Chance - 10% Once again I must be the voice of reason :troll: Yes, Sakurai did go back on his word with Villager, and Yes, Olimar is way resized, but Ridley - no chance. Sakurai is not right when he says he's too big, but that doesn't mean he's going to put a character who he likely thinks is still too big, especially since he put in 2 Major Fan Requests already - Mega Man and Little Mac.
Want: 75% - I like Ridley, but there are still others I would rather have.
...Sakurai literally has never said that he's too big. The first thing that came to his mind when asked about how Ridley would work was his speed. He mentioned that it might be difficult, but he never once said that he was too big or impossible.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Fair enough. But he did say this:

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

Sakurai: I think that would probably be pretty impossible.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Bulborb: 0.08%
What if Distant Planet returns? What then, PUNK!?!

Want: 0.1%
Noooooooooooooooooooo...

Ridley: 72.5%
For every argument against his inclusion, it seems there is an equally valid counterargument. Still gonna keep it somewhat low, though. We'll see...

Want: 72.5%

King Boo prediction: 2.57%
Rhythm Heaven Stage prediction: 33.78%

Nominate:
Protoman x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

Include the full quote, please.

I think that would be pretty impossible. He'd have to be a little slow, would that be okay? [laughs]

(Loose quote)

He literally goes on and says how he could work after saying "impossible". He obviously did not mean to use the word "impossible". Keep in mind that everything he says that we read is translated from Japanese (and is thus prone to slight mistranslations) or is said in a language other than his primary one. "Impossible" could very, very easily be a mistranslation of the word "difficult" (and Ridley would be difficult in his old design, but that's not even a problem now since the Other M design is much more humanoid and is easier to mode.)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nevertheless, I still don't see Ridley making the cut. Especially after going 3 games with nothing new to show until Brawl - and look, it's just Samus without armor. 2 Samuses, No Ridley. I think that's how it's always gonna be.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Bulborb: 0% uuuuugh...

Ridley
Ridley is one of the most likely newcomers. Many people argue that he is too big, but Sakurai has stated twice now that size doesn't matter by using the daily pics. Heck Little Mac is almost as small as Pikachu! Many people have said that he would be too hard to program, but they have made Rosalina. She looks like a very difficult character to design. He has almost no competition in his series. Dark Samus is the only one that stands a chance because she could be a last minute semi-clone. He is very popular in the US (probably right behind Mewtwo) and Japan has noticed that. Sakurai has also been looking at the US because he added Little Mac in. Ridley would be unique. He would probably be a good aerial fighter and could have some kind of aerial grab. He would also be the first heavy aerial character (unless they pull a Wario on us and make him bad in the air and good on the ground). He would definitely bring in more players. He is also very important to his series. He is the main boss and he is the second-most reoccurring character right behind Samus. His only real problems are becoming a stage hazard or becoming a boss. I don't think the first one is a problem because I think he was referencing Mother Brain, who became an assist trophy. About the bosses, we don't even know if bosses will be returning so we can't say for certain weather that even matters.
All in all I think Ridley is deserving of a 90%
Want: 100% My third most wanted.

King Boo: 0.99%
Rhythm Heaven Stage: 34%

x5 Cookie Country

Last edited:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Bulborb
0/0%
Friendly reminder that we still haven't rated Louie yet.

Ridley
Chance: 85%
One of the most requested characters in the west, Metroid is overdue for a real second character, Ridley has unique potential, yadda yadda yadda...
We've all heard why Ridley should be in this game from everyone.
Want: 92%
Third most wanted newcomer for this game.

Predictions
King Boo: 2.13%
RH stage: 43.61%

Nom: Shadow X5

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Bulborb: 10%
Even though Pikmin has absolutely no need for a second rep...ever, the Bulborb is an icon, the likes of which doesn't depend on Pikmin, which is more than Louie, the President, Alph, Brittney, or Charlie can say. But Bulborbs don't really do anything...

I will admit, while it's pretty darn improbable that a Bulborb will make it in, and while there are characters lightyears above a Bulborb in importance that have yet to make it into Smash (from any series), it would still be kind of nifty to play as everybody's favorite grub dog.

Ridley: 95%
Part of me wants to rationalize the whole "Pyrosphere comment" debacle, but the other 95% of me knows that we would've seen Ridley by now if he was a stage hazard.

He's in my Top 5; one of the few characters who would supply the same level of gratification as seeing Little Mac in Smash Bros.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Bulborb: Doubles 0s for days.

Ridley: 97% Well that picture made me raise my rating a few points
Boo: 3.14%
RH Sateg: 24.56
Goku x 5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Bulborb: 10%
Even though Pikmin has absolutely no need for a second rep...ever, the Bulborb is an icon, the likes of which doesn't depend on Pikmin, which is more than Louie, the President, Alph, Brittney, or Charlie can say. But Bulborbs don't really do anything...

I will admit, while it's pretty darn improbable that a Bulborb will make it in, and while there are characters lightyears above a Bulborb in importance that have yet to make it into Smash (from any series), it would still be kind of nifty to play as everybody's favorite grub dog.
I'm confused... you say that it is improbable that he will get in, yet you give him a 10%

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Nevertheless, I still don't see Ridley making the cut. Especially after going 3 games with nothing new to show until Brawl - and look, it's just Samus without armor. 2 Samuses, No Ridley. I think that's how it's always gonna be.
In my opinion, his exclusion up until now was fully justified. Sakurai liked the idea of Zero Suit Samus and wanted to work on that first, and then Dedede, Meta Knight, Wario, Olimar Diddy Kong, Pit, etc. were all more important and popular at the time, so they also got priority. It made sense for Ridley not to show up because other characters simply out-prioritized him at the time. (And, since the character had a following, Sakurai did the next best thing that he could think of, giving Ridley not one, but two bosses.) Now, there are far fewer characters that can be said to out-prioritize him. Mewtwo, Little Mac, Palutena, K. Rool...maybe Takamaru? He doesn't have anywhere close to the competition he had before. He definitely has more than a 1/10 chance. The least that I can justifiably see him being given is a 33%, which is a 1/3 chance. Anywhere under that is simply inaccurate, in my opinion.

That said, you are more than welcome to your opinion. I just don't see why you place him among the ranks of Duck Hunt Dog, Ghirahim, and Masked Man.

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused... you say that it is improbable that he will get in, yet you give him a 10%
I gave the Bulborb a 10% because it's probably the most recognizable unique Pikmin character ("unique" of course meaning that it doesn't use Pikmin as a crutch)...but it's still a Pikmin character. So I gave it the best-case scenario score of 10/100. I can understand the confusion, though. That's admittedly too high of a score for someone you'd put in when you've exhausted every retro and third-party imaginable.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Bulborb:
Chance: 5%
Already have Olimar, if anything it'll be either Louie or The President (I wish).
Buborb would be the best. Just think of the all the possibilities to troll.

Ridley:
Chance: 65%
I could see him happen. But admittedly, I don't see it. I only really see him in based on popularity alone.

Want: 25%
I don't mind him, but he's not my ideal character.
...I'm so dead for this...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
bulborb - 0000000000000000000.1%
. . . no words. . . it should be obvious. . .
want - 0%
no
ridley - 50%
honestly for me it still is an either way kind of deal, at one hand he can still be playable character, and the other an hazard (doubtful in my opinion) or an boss, but even if then, ridley is going to be hard to implement, the size can be a simple fix of jut scaling down the model, but after that they have to program movements, actions, and just normal animations, and for a character like ridley that's a harder job than most, not Rosalina hard, not pokemon trainer hard, but still a bit hard, but the good thing about ridley is that he has a mountainful of popularity (only western, but still helpful) just to please the fan that they can tackle the workload,
overall I just see him as half/half, he could be in, and he couldn't, also I don't see how everyone says that ridley is confirmed when sakurai commented "size isn't always true to scale in the smashbros series" the only thing he really did, was just to disable an imaginary argument against ridley and others, it doesn't have much to do with ridley in the first place, no hint, no info, just a quote, the argument itself is was already debunked, making it useless except to those who were boisterous, the quote itself shouldn't change anything, other than to permanently get rid of the too big argument, something that shouldn't exist in the first place,
so that is where I stand on the subject,
want - 50%
eh I like ridley, and agree that he deserves his spot, but honestly I couldn't care less if he even gets in, I also think that he overrates quite often, and frankly get tired of hearing about him
king boo - 2.47%
a bit tough, but most would say he doesn't have a chance, very little would probably disagree
rhythm haven stage - 23.66
I have no idea, I see it anywhere between 5 to 30, so I went to the lower mid twenties because of how this site votes
nominations:
WolfX5

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
BULBORB

Chance: .1% - No....

Want: 0% - Naw

RIDLEY

Chance: 45% - I'm still not convinced he's very likely.

Want: 50% - Indifferent.

King Boo Prediction: 1% - Someone is going to give him a high score.

Rhythm Heaven Stage Prediction: 6% - I don't really know.

Nominations:
Tetra x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

You cut off right before the good part just to benefit your side of the argument, stop doing that.

The real quote goes like this: "I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]"

It's quite obvious that he had to rethink his answer halfway through. The only thing we get out of the quote is that he'd be a slow character, Sakurai's stance on him still ends up at a neutral point since he contradicts himself. Even then we know for a fact he has taken a second look on previously rejected characters, and this quote is from the same time he said Villager was an impossibility, so there's also that.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You cut off right before the good part just to benefit your side of the argument, stop doing that.

The real quote goes like this: "I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]"

It's quite obvious that he had to rethink his answer halfway through. The only thing we get out of the quote is that he'd be a slow character, Sakurai's stance on him still ends up at a neutral point since he contradicts himself. Even then we know for a fact he has taken a second look on previously rejected characters, and this quote is from the same time he said Villager was an impossibility, so there's also that.
Cutoff? I got the info from a friend on another forum. I asked him.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Let's get the easy part outta the way.

Bula-No.
.1% Chance and 00.00% Want.

Ridley Scott Alien

Logic Bullet? Logic Bullet.

LOGIIIIIIIIIC BULLLLLET! (Micro Edition!)

Where the heck do I start?

-Size arguements are literally bull. Kirby is 8 Inches tall and he's half Mario's height. By saying Ridley is too big, you are implying that they won't resize him. When they've already done it in 4 for other character. Now shoo, it's not valid at all! In fact, another case is Bowser. Bowser's been Mario's height, a little bigger, as big as a building, and as big as a planet. So is Bowser too big? You'd immeadiatly say no. In fact, Ridley's been the same. He's been as big as Samus, a bit bigger and then a bit bigger! So he can be resized easily.
-He's popular in the West, among the highest requested. We got Little Mac, a primarily Western-popular character. Is it impossible we're not getting anything else?
-On the stage hazard possibility: We're seen lots of gameplay on the stage so far and a crucial element like a big stage hazard such as Ridley would have been seen. Besides, there's the Viridi Parable.
The Viridi Parable:
In the first POTD with Chapter 11 as a stage, Viridi is directly and explicitly called by her name. And as a result, she was spotted as a stage hazard and disconfirmed officially from playable status. With Palutena and Ridley, neither have been mentioned directly by name, only referred to in pronouns. We've not seen any disconfirmation of these two characters at all and we highly regard Palutena as a shoo-in.
-Does Ridley REALLY have that big of a competition that deserves the slot better than him? Dark Samus is the closest, but Ridley really does it.
-Boss Potential? We haven't exactly seen Bosses or a boss battle mode as of yet, so this is still unconfirmed. To me it seems like Yellow Devil is a hazard.
-Sakurai is neutral on his inclusion. Yes, Ridley would likely be hard to implement but it's not out of the question. The quote:
"I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]"
-We already have one assist trophy from Metroid, and the titular Metroid will likely return as an AT. I don't think we'll have 3 ATs with the time issues Sakurai knows he will run into.
-Lastly, Today's POTD:
"Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."

You see that? Things change.

OUT OF AMMO
SEEK COVER AND RELOAD!

OVERALL RATING: 85%

Want: 50%- Indifferent as all hell.

Predictions
King Scare Fest- 1.3%
Rhythm Heaven? Again- 5%

Nominations- Tetra X5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Cutoff? I got the info from a friend on another forum. I asked him.
Sorry for pointing my finger at you then. Someone did it somewhere though, and that guy needs a kick in the balls of reality.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Just pointing out a few things:
A] You say you believe Yellow Devil is a stage hazard. It has been confirmed that this is correct.
B] Just where do you think that Metroid will return as an Assist?
A- I never actually saw this confirmed or specifically stating Yellow was a hazard. Can you hand me a source confirming this?
B- Just where? I'm using empirical evidence, I did not explicitly state it was guaranteed to return. Assist Trophies will return from Brawl along with some Veteran assists and since the Metroid itself is iconic, I wouldn't be shocked if it does.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A- I never actually saw this confirmed or specifically stating Yellow was a hazard. Can you hand me a source confirming this?
B- Just where? I'm using empirical evidence, I did not explicitly state it was guaranteed to return. Assist Trophies will return from Brawl along with some Veteran assists and since the Metroid itself is iconic, I wouldn't be shocked if it does.
Sakurai on Miiverse:

Pic of the day. Uh-oh, someone’s observing from afar. That’s no good. The Yellow Devil will come flying in from the background.

http://mii-gamer.com/2013/12/16/yellow-devil-stage-hazard-super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-16-12-2013/

I got ya, I just don't think metroid will get two assists.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Sakurai on Miiverse:

Pic of the day. Uh-oh, someone’s observing from afar. That’s no good. The Yellow Devil will come flying in from the background.

http://mii-gamer.com/2013/12/16/yellow-devil-stage-hazard-super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-16-12-2013/
That's hinting at a possibility of a boss or a stage hazard. The author of this article even states that this statement from Sakurai is very ambigious in nature. It didn't directly state either so it doesn't confirm it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom