• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Stork Likelihood: 0%
Want: 0%

Zelda Newcomer Likelihood: 15%
Want: 10%

Bulborb: .35%
Ridley: 67.55%

Rhythm Heaven Stage x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, so I win the extra noms.

Stork:
Likelihood: 0%
Argument 1: He's not getting in over Kamek or the babies.
Argument 2: Yoshi series is definitely not getting more than 2 characters in Smash 4.

That pretty much sums up Stork's case.

Want: 5%
Eh.

Zelda Newcomer: 40%
Zelda has a handful of secondary characters who could get in like Tingle, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Vaati. Impa etc. So it's definitel possible.

Want: 90%
Anyone except Impa would make me happy.

Bulborb prediction: 0.3%
Ridley prediction: 76%

E. Gadd x 10

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Stork - 0%
I did my research and came away extremely unimpressed. It seems all it really does is deliver babies and act as a plot device. Nothing of real significance, and certainly nothing to set it apart as a remotely viable Smash contender, especially over Kamek or even the babies themselves. Can't imagine Sakurai and company would even consider it as a possibility.
Want - 0% - Waste of a slot.

Zelda Newcomer - 60%
This one is weird. On one hand, with the main three, Sheik, and even an alternate Link already in play, there's not a whole lot of quality options left. On the other hand, it's Zelda. Being one of the most popular, beloved, and generally important franchises in Nintendo history helps a lot when it comes to Smash, and options like Toon Zelda, Tetra, Impa, Tingle, and a huge number of one-off villains aren't any worse than what fellow giants Mario or Pokemon have to offer at this point. It's not exactly a guarantee, but as with any Smash, it's a franchise that is bound to be a strong contender for a spot.
Want - 100% - Obviously I'm for Toon Zelda/Tetra being a thing, but even if wasn't her, I'm all for more Zelda in Smash. (Alright, maybe not Tingle, but whatever happens happens.)

Bulborb Prediction - 0.4%
Like Plasm Wraith, I don't expect this to get far.

Ridley Prediction - 70%
He's been hovering around this number for three ratings. May as well assume the fourth won't break the trend.

Nominations
Tetra x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Stork Chance - 0.1%

Minor Yoshi character. I suppose he's important to the plot in some ways, but still very minor overall.

His role is a bit larger in Yoshi's Island DS.

Overall, the Stork is far too obscure and unimportant to even be considered. The fact that the Stork is a Nintendo character is literally the only real reason I'm giving him even a 0.1% in chance. He is eligible due to appearing on a Nintendo console. Only eligible. I fully doubt the Stork would ever be considered. He is certainly not getting in before Kamek does either.

Want - 0%

I don't see any appeal in the idea of it being playable in Smash whatsoever.

Zelda Newcomer Chance - 75%

I'm feeling rather confident on this one. I think both Toon Link and Rosalina have helped the chances of a Zelda newcomer, the former mostly for Toon Zelda to be specific, though I don't think his return helps her chances very much. As for Rosalina, Mario now has five characters total with her inclusion. Now that it is known that there are no issues with one of the bigger franchises in Smash having five characters (we COULD get a sixth Mario character like Bowser Jr. or Doc, but let's not get into that) this opens up the door for a Zelda newcomer. (I don't really see Sheik as being an obstacle for a Zelda newcomer, being a transformation character with Zelda) To be specific, I think Toon Zelda and or Tetra are the most likely newcomers, Tingle being a close second. Toon Zelda/Tetra both are relatively popular, but at the same time, have a decent amount of hate as well. Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl as well, so really it all depends on whether Sakurai decides to revisit this idea. Tingle is popular in Japan, and even has his own spin-off games. Although he has to get by Toon Zelda/Tetra, his main obstacle is the large amount of hate he gets in America.

Overall, I think they both have decent chances. I feel confident that we'll be getting a Zelda newcomer.

Want 95%

It's mostly this high because of Toon Zelda/Tetra, being a huge Zelda fan, especially of the cel-shaded games. I really like Toon Link's playstyle as well, so I think Toon Zelda and Tetra would both be really fun to play as if done right. Tingle would be satisfying as well. I'd only be happy with Impa if she is a completely unique and interesting character, and if Sheik stays as well.

Bulborb Prediction - 0.7%

Therre is simply no way I can see the Bulborb working for a number of reasons which I'll wait to bring up until we rate it.

Ridley Prediction - 77.51%

Spyro x5

Last edited:

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Stork: 0.38%
Eeeh... don't really see it happening. Sorry, birdy.

Want: 0.1%
How? HOW WOULD THIS WORK?

Zelda Newcomer: 66.7%
In order of likelihood: Toon Zelda/Tetra, Tingle, Girahaim, all other LoZ characters.

Want: 70%
Yes please. Preferably the first one.

Bulborbsaur prediction: 0.58%
Ridley prediction: 79.22%

Nominate:
Marina x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Stork - 0%
Want - 0%

Zelda Newcomer - 65%
Want - 100%, unless Tingle or Impa.

predict Bulborb - 0.5%
predict Ridley - 78%

Flynn x5

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Stork 0%/0%

Yoshi is unlikely to get a newcomer.
Yoshi will probably get Kamek if it does.
I have no interest.

Zelda newcomer

My model doesn't think this is likely. It thinks that Zelda is almost at equilibrium, giving only a 6-10% chance of a new slot. Now, we could get a new character without a new slot, if Sheik or Ganondorf (quite unlikely) were cut.

I think it's underestimating, because the importance of Zelda goes beyond its sales, hence why it was able to have more move sets than Mario, and has been far better represented than DK, which has similar sales.

I think the overall likelihood is more like 43%. I won't be surprised either way, but I'm somewhat expecting no newcomer.

I think the candidates are ranked Toon Zelda/Tetra, Tingle, Ghirahim, Impa, Vaati, others

Zelda newcomer chance: 43%

Zelda newcomer want: 70%
(Skyward Sword) Impa would be cool. I don't need her, since we have Sheik, but I wouldn't be upset if she replaced Sheik, or got in otherwise. Toon Zelda/Tetra are a bit clone-y, so not the most interesting, but I like Tetra (less a damsel-in-distress). Ghirahim is a fun character, but not the most amazing move set, IMO. Tingle could have an interesting move set, but he'd be a bit of joke character to me. No worse than WFT though I suppose. I find him a little creepy (what I find really creepy is his popularity in Japan). Vaati annoys me with the emo look...

All in all, no one in that list is essential to me. But I don't mind any of them really, and I like several of them. I would be bothered if they added more Zelda and neglected DK or Metroid though, so my enthusiasm is tempered by that.

Predictions:
Bulborb - 1%
Ridley - 74%

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Stork
0% Chance and Want
Zelda Newcomer
40% Want
I see this idea as a tad overrated. Zelda has its essential characters in my eyes,
50% Want
While I think Vaati would be sweet, and actually would not mind Ghirahim or Tetra/TZ, I HATE the idea of Impa replacing Shiek and the idea of Tingle in theroster,,,

Bulborb .87%
Ridley 75.33%

Nominating King K Rool x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Stork:
Chances: .1%. Yoshi doesn't need a second rep, and if it does get one, my guess is Kamek/Baby Bros.
Want: 20%. Perhaps I want this ironically, but it's a still funny idea.

Zelda Newcomer:
Chances: 80%. Zelda technically hasn't gotten a new character since Melee, and considering it's importance, an upgrade would nice.
Want: 100%. There are so many unique and great characters that want in this game, and most of them hail from the Zelda universe.
Ghirahim, Midna, Vaati, Tetra...I would be happy with any or all of them. I would be outraged if Tingle was actually playable though, his role as an AT suits him fine.

Bulborb: 1%.
Ridley: 75%.

Nominate Rag Rappy (Phantasy Star) x5.

D

Deleted member

The… Stork and Zelda Newcomer have been added to the Directory.

Stork… really?
Chance:
0%

I… I'm at a loss for words. Someone actually considered the Stork?
What a horrible waste of a slot, time, and resources.

Zelda Newcomer
Chance:
50%

I can see one happening and I can see one not happening. Ganondorf is a given, so it's a battle for the 5th slot (not counting Sheik). We do have some potential candidates like Toon Zelda/Tetra and Ghirahim.
Want: 50%
Not the biggest thing that I am hoping for, but I would like it… depending on who the Zelda newcomer is.

Bulborb Prediction: .30%
The last character Magnet Man nominated on…
Ridley Prediction: 71.50%
Some will be confused, others will mention Pyrosphere, and some others will be hyped from Little Mac.

Nominations: Zael 5x

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stork t...y'know, let's skip the intro...

Want and chance 0%

ExtremelyLowChanceOfYoshiNewcomerAndNotGettingInOverKamek / 10.

Nominating Stance-Chrom x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Come on groose, if you put that pic of the stork, at least have SOME sort of official pic.

Additionally.

Anyway I just got back from skiing in America, and I'm probably going to do my rating for stork tomorrow. See you then
Sure, I'll do it. I did have a link to the official support thread right beneath it; I figured people would go there to see exactly what's what.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your rating, by the way. I want to go ham today, too, but it's a Tuesday and I don't have much time on Tuesdays.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sure, I'll do it. I did have a link to the official support thread right beneath it; I figured people would go there to see exactly what's what.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your rating, by the way. I want to go ham today, too, but it's a Tuesday and I don't have much time on Tuesdays.
You should put Midna in the Zelda Newcomer group. I believe in her!

Groose

Smash Champion
You should put Midna in the Zelda Newcomer group. I believe in her!
I wish I could say that I believe, too, but I'd say that those four guys are the frontrunners. I will put her in, though.

...after all, I do neglect run the official Midna Support Thread. After E. Gadd, she's probably the next character I'll push up the nomination list.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wish I could say that I believe, too, but I'd say that those four guys are the frontrunners. I will put her in, though.

...after all, I do neglect run the official Midna Support Thread. After E. Gadd, she's probably the next character I'll push up the nomination list.
Why thank you sir, I believe if I were to bring her to everyone's attention, it will be less surprising when she inevitably gets in the people who still want her but are too afraid to mention it will speak up.

D

Deleted member

Stork:

0% Chance - I didn't look into this yesterday when it was suggested, I figured there had to be something to this character, but there isn't.
0% Want - Too random and the set would be a generic bird, in which case may as well put in Pidgey or Pidgeot.

Zelda Newcomer:

45% Chance - It is a long time coming; I could see a Ganondorf original moveset, if that counts. The problem is simply finding a character who appears over multiple games and isn't Tingle. Ghirahim is likely a one-off, Groose or Demise have zero chance, I doubt Tetra will appear as a random "Toon Zelda" when Sakurai is putting a focus on original movesets. Tingle has the best shot because he has such an odd body shape, and honestly makes up about 40% of the percentage. Everyone else has no chance for various reasons.

80% Want - Groosenator by himself would be 100%, Tingle naturally brings it down to about 60%, and an original Ganondorf or other obscure villains (Yuga, Vaati) brings it up twenty points. This series deserves at least one newcomer after getting nothing in Brawl and it has plenty of good candidates who could improve the roster.

Ridley: 80.8%
It's Ridley.

Goku x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Stork:
Chance: 0%

Yoshi newcomer(Yoshi never seems like a particular priority to Sakurai anyway), less popular and famous than Kamek or the Babies thanks to their involvement in Mario Kart. Stork could be used as a way to use all the babies at once, but it's unlikely to even be considered.

It's actually a creative idea and a pretty clever way of getting around including the babies without having to HIT the babies(which would be monsterous) but Stork's a Z list Mario related character; literally everything in Yoshi's Island is more famous than he is, including Poochy and the Shy Guys.

Zelda Newcomer:
Chance: 45%

Honestly leaning more towards no Zelda newcomer right now, but just because the fan favourite of Skull Kid has been deconfirmed doesn't mean others don't have a shot.

The Twilight Princess look actually does make me think maybe it's not completely over for Midna yet, Vaati is a popular reoccuring villain, Ghirahim is the most popular thing FROM Skyward Sword, Tingle and Impa are reoccuring characters that keep popping up, Tetra has a big fan base and Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl.

Want: 50%(ish)

Breaking it down:

Midna: 20%
Vaati: 80%
Ghirahim: 40%
Tingle: 50%
Impa: 50%
Tetra: 60%
Toon Zelda: 0%
Toon Sheik: -60000000%

For me it's a question of WHO to whether or not I want them. Wind Waker and Four Swords are two of my favourite games so Tetra and Vaati are above the others, whilst Tingle gets 50% depending on the style they pick it could be nightmare worthy or not so bad(Toon Tingle is far less terrifying looking). Impa gets a 50% because I can see why she's important. I didn't much like Twilight Princess so Midna is actually pretty low, and I didn't even bother playing Skyward Sword, but Debbie over there seems at least entertaining.

Getting Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik are my worst fear. Do not want. Especially the latter half of that arrangement.

Bulborb prediction: 0.3%
Some lunatic will probably give it a percentage.

Ridley prediction: 82%
It's Smashboards and it's Ridley. Smashboards has an obsession with this dragon expecting a large score.

Nominations: Louie X 5

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Stork
Chance: 0.01% - It's a Nintendo character, but considering how unlikely another Yoshi spot is and it has to compete with Kamek and Shy Guy.

Want: 0% - Prefer Kamek if we are going to have another Yoshi rep.

Zelda Newcomer
Chance: 67% - Mario got a newcomer and Pokémon is bound to get a newcomer or a returning veteran, and Zelda being a huge series might get one too. However, the problem with Zelda is many characters only appear once or twice. That's why to me the only likely candidates are Tetra (and/or Toon Zelda), Tingle, Impa. Granted the fan favorite Ghirahim is popular, but he only appeared in Skyward Sword, same situation that Midna encounters. I'd give Tingle a 20%, Impa a 10%, Tetra a 15%, Toon Zelda a 8% and Ghirahim a 8%. Vaati and Midna get a 3% each.

Want: 45% - I would prefer Tetra or Tingle as the Zelda Newcomer. I liked Skyward Sword, but I do think that Ghirahim should appear in a Nintendo-All Stars game, unless he makes more appearances in the Zelda Universe. Same goes with Midna and Vaati. I don't want Toon Zelda as I fear she would be a clone, and seeing how unique the other newcomers are, she would be a letdown.

Bulborb Prediction: .5%

Ridley Prediction: 75%

Nominations: Louie x2, King Boo x3

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Stork: 0/0
Who thought this up?

Zelda Newcomer:

Zelda is a huge console mover, and one of the Nintendo big 3, despite DK getting that same sort of sales, because of it's cultural significance and it's position as a different genre. It looks more varied to have an RPG, Platformer and Adventure game than 2 Platformers, an RPG and an adventure game as the big names. So why does this matter? Because DK has a decent shot at having 4 slots, and Zelda kind of needs to have more than it.

Chance: 65%
That's higher than the likelihood of 2 DK newcomers in my books, but the fact TZeldra was part of the forbidden 7, and that they have a decent shot even if DK never had a fourth slot considered, and it makes sense she's got a high chance... but not that high. There're a percent or so for other characters, and 12% or so for Tingle... but honestly I think Toon Zelda is slightly more likely than not... and this is partially because she's a semi-clone.

Bowser Jr and Toon Zelda both stand out as obvious, and popular, semi-clones for popular franchises, and would give Mario the slight lead it deserves. There may be fewer newcomers for the main series', but I think the semi-clones have a good shot as they would be quicker to make and allow the team to show off multiple ways of balancing the same problem.

Want: 55%
I like Toon Zelda, and I'd be happy with her, but honestly not hyped... Tingle however would get a bit of hype rise from me, though unfortunately he's less likely than Tetra.

Bulborb: 0.89%
People are racist against characters without arms. Even Ivysaur gets ignored on this board, and he's a veteran.

Ridley: 89%
This guy however does have arms, and wings, and a tail, and many many appendages to attack with. People will think he's likely.

Fatal Frame*5
(should I put together a bonus music section for this day given it's a whole different franchise? Especially as music is a way to rep the games... I ask now because it'll probably take that long to find a passable number of tracks given most of the game is creepy background noises and moaning rather than music)

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Stork Chance - 10%
A very strange pick indeed but at the end he seems more AT material if you ask me.
Stork Want - 20%
A bit interested but not too interested.

Zelda Newcomer Chance - 55%
Its pretty likely with the Zelda series being up there with Pokmeon and Mario as one of nintendo's flagship series. The Zelda series has a good handful of reps thats can be chosen like Tetra, Tingle, Ghirahim, Alfonzo, Vatti, Toon Zelda, etc.
Zelda Newcomer Want - 95%
I would be happy with most possible candidates, although it's not a full one hundred due to Impa . . .

Predictions
Bulborb - 0.1% - Nah . . .
Ridley - 85% - Mostly likely metroid newcomer

Nominations
Bowser Jr X5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
alright, I'm back. time to get this show on the road.
(but sorry, no phoenix wright post today though, due to myself always overrating the character whenever I do those. just gets me pumped. no wonder phoenix always believes his client.)

STORK: wow, no wonder people are completely unimpressed when they do their "research". mario wiki has less to nothing. guess I'll fill in the gaps with knowledge from playing the games as well as info from the stork thread.

Pros:
- Major plot point in ALL games titled with "yoshi's Island" (Yoshi's island, Yoshi's Island DS and Yoshi's New Island)
- Major mechanic in Yoshi's Island DS
- Recent, as appearing in "Yoshi's New Island"
- would probably not have to compete with the baby bros as they probably would make up some of the moveset.
- Would be a better way to represent the babies in yoshi's island than having them in itself
- pretty much the only Yoshi-exclusive character with ANY sort of importance
- the "yoshi reps are mario reps and mario aint getting another one after rosalina" argument doesn't apply cause stork is all-yoshi.
- without him, Mario wouldn't really exist

Neutral facts
- Moveset potential can be taken from the different babies in Yoshi's Island DS, maybe also the wing ability from kirby super star (you know, since sakuri has done these things before, and it wouldn't seem too odd)
- it is unknown what stork's role will be in Yoshi's new island, other than the fact he will share pretty much the same role as he did in the beginning of yoshi's island. (as in he's delivering the babies and kamek attacks him.)
- we don't have any bird characters (that actually act like birds, falco doesn't count, he's more humanoid than anything)

Cons:
- Has to compete with Kamek, who mostly has stork beat, other than the fact he's assosiated with mario franchise a lot more than stork is.
- Hasn't appeared in Yoshi's story
- Doesn't do much in the original, other then carry the babies at the end. much like how peach doesn't do anything in the original Mario bros.
- Yoshi doesn't seem too important as a series in the eyes of sakuri, could easily be skipped out on.

so overall: I give him a 7% chance. he's honestly not the likeliest, I just like him, however, the rating is unbiased.

WANT: 80%

so here's the deal. I absolutely LOVE bird characters. this is a no-brainer for me. especially since he's kinda important to the yoshi series, which I also supported an additional rep for, this just seemed PERFECT in my eyes. too bad it'll never happen :cry:

Zelda newcomer: 60%
Want: 60% cause tetra

Bulborb: 0.1 if this is better than stork I SWEAR TO THE ALMIGHTY smashboards mods
Ridley: 87.4% hes cool everyone likes him. everyone. everyone likes him. everyone. :evil:

Nominations:
Grovyle x5

Last edited:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
The Sto-wait what
0/0%
...it's a ****in' stork, like really?

Zelda newcomer
Chance: 60%
It goes without saying that Zelda is one of Nintendo's A-list franchises, so having it get seems like a reasonable choice. However, the question remains..."Who will they choose?" Unlike Mario or Pokemon, Zelda doesn't really have as many potential newcomers for the coveted 5th slot. There are some good choices, like Tingle, Tetra, or Impa, and then there are stretch choices, like Ghirahim, Vaati, and even Groose.
Want: 40%
I don't really support any Zelda characters, but I am OK with Tetra, Impa, or Vaati.

Predictions
Bulbo-wait what: 0.31%
Ridley: 69.99%

Nom: Shadow X5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
....if we ever re-rate stork I demand the title be changed to "stork and baby bros" or something. everyone has the wrong idea it seems.

oh yeah, forgot to post this awesome thing I found

too bad there's no groose here.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Stork

Chance: 1%- It's a Nintendo character, but Yoshi needs a better second character, and best options are Kamek and Shy Guy.

Want: 10%- It'd be alright.

Legend of Zelda Newcomer

Chance: 75%- Being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, I'm guessing it'll have a new character.

Want: 90%- Tingle, Tetra, Ghirahim, and Vaati are all characters I'd be happy with(I'd also accept Beedle).

Predictions

Bulborb: 1%- Poor guy. Gonna get killed because A. He's a Pikmin character(and nobody wants a new one I guess) B. He's a generic enemy. C. No arms, yet his mouth could be used instead. D. No moveset potential.
However, I will be arguing against point D, but my chance rating will still be lower than 7%, so no need to worry about my bias.

Ridley: 75%- Everyone, including myself, loves dat purple pterosaur(even though he's not even close to a pterosaur)

Nominations

Louie x5

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'm severely tightened by my schedule so no big rating from me today. Apologies. Tomorrow is a different story.

Stork-Okay, No. Really, just no.
0.01% Chance Do I NEED TO EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY THIS IS SO LOW?!
Want:
Because no one made a "OK, HOLD ON. NO!" Jontron quote from the latest one yet. 00.00%

Zelda Newcomer- "NO, IT MUST BE VAATI!" "NO, TINGLE!." "Impa." "Maybe.. Tetra?"
40% Chance- If it happens, it happens. And it may.
70% Want- Tetra, Tetra, Tetra....

Predictions
Bulba-Nope .02% because of any random one person.
Ridley Scott 88.45%- He's getting a big rating from me tomorrow with a logical bullet of backup.

Nominations
Kidd Zeal Tetra X5

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Stork

Not likely. I dont consider another Yoshi character likely either, and even so there are better choices.
Chance: 0.01%
Want: 5%

Zelda Newcomer

With Toon Link in, there's no freed up space from cuts that we know of, but that doesnt mean its impossible to get a character. There is data on Brawls disc for a Toon Zelda/Toon Shiek, so a 5th slot was intended for Brawl. Zelda is my favorite series, so I do hope they get a newcomer other than Tingle.
Chance: 45%
Want: 90%

Bulborb: 0.03%
Ridley: 76.5%

Nominations:
K rool x5

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
THE STORK

Chance: .1% - It's not a realistic possibility.

Want: 0% - What is he going to do for a moveset? Accidently drop Baby Mario, or drop a fresh little "surprise" of his own - a special delivery for your windshield!

ZELDA NEWCOMER

Chance: 60% - Pretty decent I'd say considering Zelda is a popular series and Sakurai even once considered Toon Zelda I believe.

Want: 60% - Mostly for Toon Zelda. I thought her and Toon Link were a lovely battle couple for WW.

Bulborb Prediction: .02% - EDIT: Oh, that thing from Pikmin? yeahhhhhhh no...

Ridley Prediction: 75% - A big score for a big boy! :)

Nominations:
Tetra x5

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Stork:
chance 2% Seems perfect for stage cameo but full fledged newcomer? I'd bet on kamek first.
want: 10%

Zelda newcomer:
chance 50% It's possible considering Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl and there are several legitimate characters like Tingle, or Impa.
want: 0%

Sheriff x3
Isa JO x2

predict 0.50% and 66.58%

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Stork:
Chance: 0%
No words from me.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zelda Newcomer:
Chance: 70%
I think Toon Link hurt the chances of a newcomer, but not by too much.
Want: 25%
Eh, don't really care for any other Zelda character. Maybe Vaati.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bulborb: 2%
Ridley: 85%

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
yes. it pleases me. :p
He may not be replying, but I will.
  • He only had a major role in one game in all of the others he had a minor one.
  • He has competition with Kamek, Shy Guy, and Baby Bros.
  • he Baby Bros. are a special case as Stork only exists to help them. That's like adding Tingle in before Link.
  • He would not bring many people to smash at all.
I could probably find more, but that is all for now.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
He may not be replying, but I will.
  • He only had a major role in one game in all of the others he had a minor one.
  • He has competition with Kamek, Shy Guy, and Baby Bros.
  • he Baby Bros. are a special case as Stork only exists to cary them around. That's like adding Tingle in before Link.
  • He would not bring many people to smash at all.
I could probably find more, but that is all for now.
have you seen my big post on the subject? the fourth point is valid however. does all this deserve a 0%, and as you said, he had a major role, and appeared more than once.

also shy guy is deconfirmed

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yes.

Oops, forgot about that. But the point still stands. Oh, and another big one: Yoshi will most likely not even get another rep.
IT'S NOT LIKE I'M ARGUING THAT HE'S IN 100%!!

I'm only trying to say he has a slim chance. like, more than none. 0% is none.

TheMysterious2634

Smash Cadet
Stork:
Chance: 0.5% The 0.5 is only for existing.
Want: 0% Really?

Zelda Newcomer:
Chance: 60% I don't see Sakurai doing another Zelda character, but with Mario having 5, it could happen.
Want: 100% PLS TZ/TETRA I'M BEGGING YA SAKOOLRAI

x5 King Boo

Ridley prediction: 73%
Bulborb prediction: 17%

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm ashamed that anyone is comparing a viable newcomer to the Yarne and Owain tag team and Reggie. I'm absolutely ashamed. He's much more comparable to characters like Sylveon, Victini, or Dark Pit (who have 3%+ in chance) A 1/100 chance is the least you can do for an eligible, semi-important character to a series that Nintendo is still releasing titles for and which currently has only one character from. While, like Sylveon, Victini, or Dark Pit, the series has a much more obvious newcomer in Kamek, you absolutely cannot say that the Stork has a 0% chance.

Stork:

Pros:
Present in all Yoshi's Island games
Only significant Yoshi-only character
Good way to include the baby powers from Yoshi's Island DS without actually including the babies.
Surprisingly recognizable to any who have played a Yoshi's Island game.
Could be our first bird newcomer that actually acts like a bird.
Has appeared in the newest installment in the series as (at least) as a plot device:
"The stork accidentally delivered Baby Mario and Luigi to the wrong house first before it lost the sibling twins over Egg Island. The villainous Magikoopa named Kamek struck again, and he has rushed away with Baby Luigi in tow."

Cons:
Not terribly important. Mainly a plot device, except for one game.
Not requested at all.
Yoshi series not likely to get a newcomer.
If the series does get a newcomer, it will likely be Kamek (Shy Guy deconfirmed, and I personally don't think the babies are viable).

Overall Chance: 8.3%
Not impossible by any means. But not terribly likely either.

Want: 80%
Absolutely. I'd love to see it. A large, avian character that uses baby powers as special moves and which otherwise focuses on an aerial combat? I'd adore it. Then there's the extra plus of being a really off the wall character that makes a lot of sense if you actually think about it.

Zelda Newcomer: 30%
I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised by it either.

Want: 75%
I'd love it if it were Tingle, Impa, or Ganon (or a reworked Ganondorf if that counts); I'd be disappointed to see Toon Zelda, Ghirihim, or Midna; and I'd be indifferent to Tetra.

Predictions:

Bulborb: 1.3%
If this gets more than Stork, I will be highly disappointed in everyone.

Ridley: 87%
It's Ridley.

Nominations: Non-Character Hanafuda Representation x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom