• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Primid 0%.
I do hope it gets better than Sandbag though, but I'm not going to skew my score to make that happen.

predict 0.5%

Victini x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Primid~
Likelihood: 1%
Him being playable is extremely unlikely, but I hope he appears in Smash 4 in some form. He was the only tolerable SSE mook.

Want: 20%
Would be interesting with all the arsenal he and his many types used.

Cloud Strife prediction: 0.4%

Fawful x 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Primid:

Chance: 0%
Wants: 0%

Cloud: 3.03%
Half a slime... if he beats 6.06 I'll be rage...

Knuckles*5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Primid
likelihood: 0.1%

Want: 0%

Cloud Strife
Prediction: 1%

Nominations:
Majora's Mask Link x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Primid
Chance: 0.01%
A Nintendo All Star he is not. A generic enemy he is. Not even a generic enemy with a lot of moveset potential like Waddle Dee/Bandanna Dee.

Primid is a constant reminder for me of that huge development time eater; the SSE, which whilst fun to go through once, or maybe even twice, just ends up coming off as a waste of time.

Time that should have been used working on a larger roster or even more stages, more pokeballs, more assist trophies, more items, trophies that weren't ripping the models from other games. Basically more. Greedy, yes, but the SSE is partially to blame for why we didn't get all the planned characters for Brawl like Mewtwo, Roy, Dixie, Doc, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik(this had better of been Tetra) or Pra_mai(whatever the hell this was). For that reason alone, Primid should be a trophy at best. Maybe an Assist Trophy if you want to push the boat out, but nothing more.

Cloud Strife: Luckily this isn't GameFAQS, so I'm going with 2.3%

Nominations:
Captain Syrup X 5

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh...oh dear. These ratings... oh dear.

Really does feel like we're scraping the barrel at this point. Heck, I've been nominating Black Shadow for a long while now and even he likely wouldn't get a >10% rating. Guess I'll be reverting to more veterans or rerates once Shadow has his day...
I'd like to remind you that of the fifty people who rated Goroh, a dozen or so blatantly said "F-Zero is dead." Sadly, I also doubt Shadow will break 10%.

We kind of are scraping the barrel now... but we still have some semi-viable Retros (Sukapon, Muddy Mole, Sheriff, Balloon Fighter, Excitebiker, Bubbles, Prince of Sable, etc.) left. They'd probably be somewhat interesting days. You've also got Ray (who I will start voting for soon), Matthew, Dark Samus, Wonder Red, Adam Malkovitch, etc. Of course, you can also choose characters people like, but don't have a chance... Phoenix Wright, Jimmy T., etc.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Primid

Chance - 0%
there will never be an original character playable

Wants - 0%
It would be a waste of a slot for better characters

Cloud - 4%

x5 Pauline

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Primid

Likelihood: 0% - A generic enemy from SSE being a playable character? Never. Happening. The only character original to Super Smash Bros. who I can possibly ever see becoming playable would be Master Hand, but I highly doubt that will ever happen.
Want: 0% - Please no...

Cloud Strife: 2%

Nominations:
Isaac x5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Primid

Chance: 1 %
Almost no chance. Still more viable than Sandbag.

Want: 2 %
Very generic and lackluster movesetpotential. Still more potential than Sandbag though.

Prediction Cloud: 3 %

Nominations: 5x Daisy (Super Mario)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Oh...oh dear. These ratings... oh dear.

I'd like to remind you that of the fifty people who rated Goroh, a dozen or so blatantly said "F-Zero is dead." Sadly, I also doubt Shadow will break 10%.

We kind of are scraping the barrel now... but we still have some semi-viable Retros (Sukapon, Muddy Mole, Sheriff, Balloon Fighter, Excitebiker, Bubbles, Prince of Sable, etc.) left. They'd probably be somewhat interesting days. You've also got Ray (who I will start voting for soon), Matthew, Dark Samus, Wonder Red, Adam Malkovitch, etc. Of course, you can also choose characters people like, but don't have a chance... Phoenix Wright, Jimmy T., etc.
I'm actually looking forward to the re-voting of lucario over almost any of the newcomers yet to be rated.

except maybe phoenix wright...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Primid time!

Likelihood: 0.01%

Only because he's Nintendo-owned.

Bleh.

Predicting a 1.8% for Cloud

Nominating Wolf x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Primid...
Chance: .1%
All characters have a chance unless deconfirmed.

Nope...

Prediction for Cloud: 1.89%

Nominations:
Little Mac x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Primid
Chance: .01%- All of the nope, right here.

Want: 0%- All of the nope, again.

Cloud
Prediction: 4%- Not much to say here...

Nominating... Little Mac X5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Primid? PRIMID?! You're kidding right? We are literally rating PRIMID now? This just shows how little we have to talk about anymore. We did all the likely/wanted characters. If we're getting into characters like PRIMID I think it's high time we put this thread to rest, or at least revote on everyone.

That being said...

Generic enemy, original character, there is nothing good going for this guy.

I would be thoroughly disappointed and ticked off with his inclusion.

Cloud Prediction: 5%
Nah.

Goomba x5
Because why not, am I right? :rolleyes:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Primid

Likelihood: 3% - Yeah, he's not likely at all, but he's maybe the best Smash rep. He's capable of fighting, unlikely Sandbag, and is also known by the entire Smash community

Want: 80% - I would love to have a Smash rep and Primid would be so nice. Not gonna happen though

Cloud Strife: 5,4%

Blaziken x5

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Primid (Hey look! It's me...)
Likelihood: 0% For him just a generic enemy in SSE, he has no chance of getting in. Heck, even a Goomba has more chance of being playable since they're more recognizable...
Want: 2% Seriously, I have no idea how his nominations got high enough for us to rate him. But anyway, I really don't want him in since he's not iconic enough and has little moveset potential.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Chance 2%
Hes the goomba of smash bros

Want 5%: I would like tabuu however

Cloud
1%

Nominations
King K. rool x5

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Primid Chance - 2%. Really can't see it, bit of a lame generic goon-type character, let alone as a playable character with no moveset potential.
Primid Want - 0%. This is an all-star fighting game. With that in mind, NOOOOO.

Cloud - 2%. I think he would have a good chance if there were an FF rep, but there won't be one.

Nominations:
K. Rool x 2
Little Mac x 2
Tom Nook x 1

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Yeah indeed. We're not just scraping the bottom of the barrel we're scraping a hole through the barrel. But it's nothing to worry about, Groose, it just means the A-List, B-List, and C-List characters are exhausted. :)

Primid

Chance: 0.003% - Nothing's impossible but Primid won't be making the roster soon.

Want: 0% - Personally, I'd rather have Master Sandhand. That had some creativity.

Cloud Prediction: 0.50% - Almost no connection to Nintendo and everyone knows it.

Nominations:
Victini x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oi, just because the so-bottom-of-the-barrel-it's-actually-below-it Primid is going now doesn't mean there aren't better monkeys in that barrel that still merit rating. There's still likely characters in that list.

Just saying, don't want people dismissing this game already just because some impossible apples got to the top before more interesting yet not-very-popular choices got there.

Morbi

Scavenger
Primid Chance: 100%

He is already in Brawl. I suspect that he will return.

Primid Want: 100%

Who doesn't want Primid?

Cloud Prediction: 0%

What a stupid character.

djgeiger0620

Smash Rookie
As MorbidAltruism points out, yes, Primid is VERY likely to be in SSB4, considering he's in Brawl. Got a good laugh from that one.

So Primid as a PLAYABLE fighter. Not to be redundant and repeat everyone else (see what I did there?), but seriously?

Chances - 0.01% - Because if there's ANY possibility, whatsoever, it's not 0%.

Want - 0% - I enjoyed beating the crap out of these guys, but let's leave them as NPCs.

Cloud Prediction - 1.22%

Forde

Smash Cadet
Primid:
Chances: 5% He's bound to come back, but it's highly unlikely that he will be an actual playable fighter. Wireframes seem more likely than Primids.

Want: 5% He would be cool, but I wouldn't really the point to him.

Cloud Prediction - Well, a month straight of doing Cloud x5 is about to pay off and see him get destroyed, so LET'S GET IT ON. 4%

Nominations
Ephraim x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Oi, just because the so-bottom-of-the-barrel-it's-actually-below-it Primid is going now doesn't mean there aren't better monkeys in that barrel that still merit rating. There's still likely characters in that list.

Just saying, don't want people dismissing this game already just because some impossible apples got to the top before more interesting yet not-very-popular choices got there.
Yeah, I think the correct term would be "digging a small hole on the bottom of the barrel, which is still full, and removing the little, dried up scraps"

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Primid:
Likelihood: 1%
Not a lot to say. Is a Nintendo character, so he has that over most third party characters, But the only way Smash gets its own playable characters is if they are a boss or something. And Primid is not boss material.
Want: 50%
I would not mind it in the least, provided it has a good moveset.

Cloud: 0.55% I would hope people would have the sense to realize Cloud is a Sony guy.
Nominations:
Phoenix Wright x 5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Primid:

0% - Generic as hell, pointless, and part of the Despised SSE mode.

Want - 0% GENERIC

Cloud:
2% Square's most famous character, likely if Square gets a rep.

Nominations: Takamaru

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

I, for one, am not dismissing the game. I like this thread, its a cool way to see most people's opinion on a particular character. :grin: It's also helps increase my post count.

I'm just saying that we're getting a lot of zeroes and low scores lately because most of the most wanted characters are already rated and the less favored/less likely characters have built up a lot of nominations over time and that it doesn't necessarily mean the game has soured. The "lesser" characters just have the spotlight at this time. Now that many of the favorites are up for nomination, they will eventually be rated again and the scores will be more positive.

Groose

Smash Champion
Note from the Groosenator: If you don't like rating characters like Primid... nominate veterans (WOLF ANYONE!?!) or people for rerate (Ridley has not been rated since Pyrosphere reveal, Lucario since Mega Evolution, Toon Zelda since Toon Link confirmation). Don't complain about how we have nobody left and then turn around and nominate a friggin' Goomba!
Primid Chance: .01%
He's just a goon. I doubt Sakurai has any strong attraction to him, and, even if he does, common sense has to prevail. He doesn't have the awesomeness factor of a playable Master Hand or Tabuu and lacks the sheer zaniness of playable Sandbag.

Primid Want: 0%
I think a shrunken down Master Hand (with all of his iconic moves molded to playable form) would be awesome. Primid... less so.

Cloud Prediction: 4.25%
The hatebase is strong with this one.

Phoenix Wright x5
After I'm done with him, I'm shifting gears to renoms. King K. Rool needs my help.
DAY OVER
GROOSE IS BACK

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Don't complain about how we have nobody left and then turn around and nominate a friggin' Goomba!
Sorry. And I'm wrong, there are lots of people left to vote on/revote.
I was just being a jerk for some reason. I really like this thread, honest.

Edit: On another note, how did nominations for Primid even get this high?

Groose

Smash Champion
Primid (Super Smash Bros.)
.63% chance
9.05% want

WOAH! Ladies and Gentleman, we have our first ever tie in Rate their Chances Returns! Primid has just tied fellow Super Smash Bros. character Sandbag for last place with a .63% chance. Unfortunately, Primid did over 10% lower in want... so... he's the new ultimate loser!

Today... oh boy. Cloud Strife is entering the game. Please rate Cloud in both chance and want...

Tomorrow we have a character with an ACTUAL CHANCE! At least, I think so. You may not. Please predict how Black Shadow will do tomorrow. Gam3rALO and Brawler610 win five extra nominations apiece.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
CLOUD
Oh man...

Chance: 5%
I don't think he has a shot, but if Square gets a rep, he's a frontrunner. With that said, I'd advocate for Slime or Black Mage instead.

Want: .05%
We've already got a big sword guy. Anyway, there is that part of me saying "He might be kinda cool," but I think characters in Super Smash Bros SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST MADE ONE APPEARANCE ON A NINTENDO CONSOLE THAT ISN'T THAT FINAL FANTASY RHYTHM GAME!

Black Shadow Prediction: 15%
I think he has a decent chance, definitely more so than many characters we have been doing lately.

Nominations: Wolf x5
(Good idea Groose!)

Groose

Smash Champion
Sorry. And I'm wrong, there are lots of people left to vote on/revote.
I was just being a jerk for some reason. I really like this thread, honest.

Edit: On another note, how did nominations for Primid even get this high?

Heh, no. I'm sorry for using you as an example. I had to choose someone to pick on to make my point, so I chose you; I apologize for singling you out. I'm not offended or anything; I just wanted to make the point to the half a dozen people who stated that there weren't any good characters left.

With regards to your edited-in question... Primid got his first twenty nominations or so on the day Sandbag was rated. After a few days, his nominations slowed down, and he floundered around near the top for a bit. But people have been nominating characters from the ground up lately, so he managed to sneak to the very top.

Who is the nomination winner?
Good question! :laugh: I forgot. I'm on it now, though.
EDIT: You tied Brawler610. You both get 5!

D

Deleted member

Time for Cloud to get destroyed...
Cloud Strife
I hate having to give 0%s out, but this guy literally has no reason to be in the game at all. While he is incredibly popular, there are so many other factors that go against him:
1. Square Enix is very strict with their characters. Sakurai would have to go through all sorts of trouble if he really wanted him in the game.
2. Cloud has no personal connection with Nintendo and he isn't a special case like Sonic or Mega Man. The only times that we have ever seen Cloud on a Nintendo console are the handheld Kingdom Hearts games. (and that Final Fantasy rhythm game...)
3. He would poorly represent Square Enix's relationship with Nintendo because, since mentioned before, he barely has any connection with Nintendo to the point where it's almost non-existent. Other Final Fantasy characters, like Black Mage and Moogle, better represent themselves. Heck, even Slime is a much, much, MUCH better character to represent Square Enix than Cloud.
4. Speaking of Square Enix's relationship with Nintendo, we haven't really seen a Final Fantasy game on Nintendo's consoles in forever. So, why should Cloud be in this game if Final Fantasy VII wasn't on any of Nintendo's consoles?
5. If Cloud's high fan demand didn't get him in PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, then what makes you think he will get in THIS game?
I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Want: -100%
If he got in, this would be my reaction:
I have never given out a negative before and while that might be mean, I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE Cloud Strife! He is just a character that ENTIRELY annoys as well as the people who say "OMG! Stop hating on Final Fantasy VII! It's the best game ever!" He looks like a cool character, but his personality doesn't even show that at all! He is quite possibly one of the most overrated characters that I have ever come across and seeing him in SSB4 would make me lose faith! I rather have Tingle, Primid, Sandbag, Anthony Higgs, and Owain much, much, MUCH more than Cloud Strife! I rather have 10 clones on the roster than for Cloud to get in this game! Heck, I rather have those bratty kids succeed and have Sakurai put in Goku, Naruto, Steve from Minecraft, and Master Chief on the roster!
Just... no. Cloud, stay out of my Smash Bros., you overrated character.

Whew... finally got that out of my system. But yeah... I hate Cloud.

Black Shadow Prediction: 9.24%
To be fair, Black Shadow is at least very viable to appear in the game.

EDIT: Oh my! I won extra nominations! Well... just to get him up there faster...
Nominations: Captain Rainbow 10x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom