• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
Mike Jones lackey signing on.

chance 2%
want 55%

primid 1% Ain't nobody got time for generic baddies.

nomination: mah bawlz x2

Forde

Smash Cadet
Mike Jones
Chances 1%
Want 0%

Primid: 3%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Mike Jones

Chance: 5% (maybe Sakurai after reading the history of Nintendo and their characters for the fourth time, he looks more into obscure series for the new Smash).
Want: 10% is a retro character but I want to see more of Donbe & Hikari, Harry and the Marvelous Boys.

Primid: .77% Ehhhh... not happening.

Nomination: Donbe & Hikari x 5

.n_n.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mike Jones:

Chance: 0%
Not known in Japan

Want: 0%
As much as I love me some star tropics I don't see a reasonably realistic human, fighting with a yo-yo and putting bananas in his ears for a taunt fitting in Smash bros.

Primid: 0.3%
He has arms, which puts him over sand bag, but I doubt Primid has the stupid fanboys same ammount of support that got him that 0.6%.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Mike Jones
Likelihood: 2.55% Unknown in Japan, but is still a Nintendo character, so he therefore stands somewhat of a chance.
Want: 100% One of my top 10 most wanted characters.

Primid: 0.13%

Sukapon x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mike Jones
Chance: 0.2%
Unknown in Japan, largely forgotten in the west, and uses Ness's weaponry of Yo-yo and baseball bat. Mike Jones doesn't really have anything that screams unique about him other than having a plain jane name and being one of the only Nintendo characters to ONLY be released in the west. He did recieve a VC release but I don't think it's enough to get in over other obscure characters. Honestly I can't see Mike getting even a trophy or a sticker referring to him.

Want: 1%
Sorry Mike, you're just not that important and don't seem to offer anything unique outside of being a "West only" release character.

Primid Pri-diction: 0.5%
Although he has arms and legs so he MAY outdo Sandbag.

Nominations:
Andy X 5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Mike Jones
Likelihood: 6.5%

Want: 8%

Primid
Prediction: 1%

Nominations:
Majora's Mask Link x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Mike Jones
Likelihood 1%
He's really hurt by the fact that he is a Western only character. Startropics hasn't even gotten any representation in Smash as far as I recall. More unlikely than all the japanese only reps.
Want: 1%
Never played his, never cared for the character.
Primid's chances: .45%
Nominations:
Phoenix Wright x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Mike Jones

Likelihood: 2% - I really don't see him making it in unless Sakurai happened to look toward the Western-only games.
Want: 1% - I'd never even heard of him before I joined this site, but I'm still not sold on his potential inclusion. He just seems really bland and unappealing to me.

Primid: 0.2% - Someone is going to rate him higher than 0% even though there is no way he'll be on the roster... -_-

Nominations:
Isaac x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Mike Jones
Chance 3%
It seems like most people here don't seem to like the idea, and since he almost completely relies on his North American fanbase, I don't see him getting in especially over many other retro characters.
Want 7%
I'm usually up for any classic character, but I REALLY don't see any appeal in this guy. :/
Primid Prediction 1%
Nomination
Excitebiker x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mike Jones

Chances: 1%

Want: 35% - I'd love to see him in, but he has a very low chance :/

Primid Prediction: 1.3%

Nomination:
Excitebiker x3
Daisy x2

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
No offense Mike Jones fans but...
Mike Jones

Chance: 0% - Not happening.

Want: 0% - Not caring.

Primid Prediction: .01% - Pretty much the same as today.

Nominations:
Captain Syrup x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Mike Jones: 1%
Some of you argue that Mike Jones, as an obscure character, is no different than the other retros that have made it into Smash. You also argue that Mike Jones' Western-only release is a unique quirk that lends him some degree of importance.

OBJECTION!

Playable Retros have never been as obscure as Mike Jones. :gawmelee: Sold several million systems and was a pretty substantial part of recent Nintendo history. :icsmelee: Sold a million copies in Japan, where things mater most. :rob: Saved Nintendo and was playable in Mario Kart, earned a reference in Star Fox, and appeared in F-Zero as a background character. His design was pretty iconic before Brawl.:pit:Originally seemed destined to join the ranks of Link, Samus, and Mario in terms of Nintendo All-Stars (the original Kid Icarus had pretty big cultural impact---See Captain N-icus!) He was also pretty highly requested.

Retros aren't obscure characters in general. They're obscure choices for Smash characters. Mike Jones is the captain of obscurity-in-general... I think his Western-only status only hurts him. People in Japan have no idea who he is (People in AMERICA don't even know ho he is!) ... and Sakurai may very well be among them.

Mike Jones Want: 20%
I have no personal attachment to him, and I don't know anyone who does. He's just so obscure that I would actually be a bit frustrated by his inclusion. But... he likes to stick bananas in his ears, so he's okay by me.

Primid Prediction: 1.43%
He can't do as poorly as Sandbag. Right? RIGHT!?!

Phoenix Wright x5
A lawyer never cries until it's all over. That's one of my rules.

Groose

Smash Champion
Mike Jones (StarTropics)
2.64% chance
14.18% want

Poor Mike. Apparently, sticking bananas in your ears doesn't make people like and expect you in Smash. Maybe you should become a rapper instead... oh... wait. Anywho, he finished behind Geno in chance... oh well.

Today we'll be rating... Primid. The main minion from the SSE? Please rate Primid in chance and want. And check out his music section... I'm rather proud of one of my choices there.

Tomorrow... oh dear. Cloud Strife will be entering the gauntlet. Please predict how Cloud Strife will fare in tomorrow's match. Yams is our nomination winner for today.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Primid Chance: 0.1% I seriously doubt this would happen, as SSE is gone, I don't think any Primid will be playable other than a trophy to remind us of story mode in Brawl.
Primid Want: 0% Over other characters? No way..
Cloud Strife Prediction: 3% Still has potential though.
Nominations: x5 Tom Nook

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Primid's chances: 0.5% - Yeah I can't see this happening.
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Cloud Strife prediction: 1.99%

Andy x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Primid: 1% he was... um... semi-important. but not enough.
Want: 40% not too bad of a character for my taste. even if he's not much of a character. reminds me of an evil dark soldier.

CLOUD? should get even worse then primid... 0.34%

noms:
Lucario x4
Phoenix wright

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Primid
Prediction: 0% - Another zero. :(
Primids are not Nintendo all-stars, they are generic zombie mooks created for the sole purpose of being the goombas of Subspace Emissary.
Want: 0% - I can not see myself using primid under any circumstances.

Cloud prediction: 5%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina team x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Primid
Chance - 0.000001%
Because nothing is even 100% certain

Want - 0%
I want to play as gaming icons, not empty shells of creatures made to be obstacles.

Prediction
Cloud Strife - 0.89%
Oh lord ... it begins

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Monkey

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Primid: 2% hey, if by some off chance Sakurai likes the idea there's nothing holding him back
Want: 50% well he certainly could be interesting but it would be kind of ironic if he made it in even when there's no story mode XD
Cloud prediction: 1.2% No.
Omastar x3
Bulborb x2

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Primordial Soup
Likelihood: 0% - Let's face it: it's a minor, generic, common enemy that is original from Smash Bros which is only relevant in a feature that is no longer relevant. How in the name of all the sweet jumping jellyfishes is THAT going to get in over anyone else? Anyone, even among the most unlikely, has higher chance of getting in than that. I mean, I guess it can appear as a trophy or, hell, as a returning enemy even, but as a playable character? Gimmie a break.
Want: 0% - Yup.

Also, lmao Ode to Minions in the music section.

Cloud Nine
Prediction: 3.5% - I have no idea what to expect.

Nominations
Zero (Mega Man) x2
Panel de Sukapon x3

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Primid?

Chance - 1%
A playable original character that exists as an enemy. None of them stand out from each-other in any way aside from the different types. None of them have a personality, nor a name. There's not enough support for him, and it's moveset would be rather uncreative. All reasons to keep it away from playability, in my opinion.

Want - 20% Eh....no further comment.

Cloud Prediction - 0.11%
Yeah it's not gonna happen.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Primid

Chance - 0% - Sakurai could surprise us, I guess... yeah, no. He might have some... actually, what do they have? They might be the most memorable of the Subspace Emissary, but I'd say they are outclassed by Tabuu as far as becoming a fighter, who is outclassed by the Hands.

Want - 0% - The Subspace Emissary wasn't exactly exiting to me, and I dislike the notion of fighters originating from Smash Brothers appearing as playable.

Cloud Prediction - 0.35% - I'm guessing we're scrapping the bottom-of-the-barrel characters now. At least I can think of a few gems that can keep this game going for a while.

Nominations
Ephraim X5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Primid
Chance 0.1%
Because giving him a 0% would be cruel.
Want 40%
I wouldn't hate it but there are definitely better choices.
Cloud Strife 4%
He's justifiable in my mind, but I'm sure EVERYONE will disagree.
Nominations
Excitebiker x5

D

Deleted member

Primid
Chance: 0%
It's odd how I gave the other Smash rep we've rated, Sandbag, 1% and Primid 0%. To be fair, the Sandbag is at least popular with the gaming crowd. But... the Primid is mostly notable since it's the most seen enemy in the game and for the simple fact that all of the enemies introduced in the SSE are either bland or forgettable. Even if we can justify having a Smash rep in Smash because SSB is already extremely popular as it is, Primid wouldn't be that character. It's not really an all-star.
Want: 0%
I don't really want Primid at all. However, I much, much, MUCH rather have Primid on the roster than...
Cloud Strife Prediction: 0.24%
This character. I hate Cloud with a passion...
Nominations: Little Mac 3x, Captain Rainbow 2x

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Primid: 0%
We are scraping the barrel right now. He's the definition of generic seeing as their is no main Primid and there is nothing unique about him because his moves are rip-offs of Smash items. Subspace is no longer in session, he has no fan demand and WFT filled that role.

Want: 0% Never

Cloud 3.2%

5x Wolf

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Primid

Popularity: Uhhh...

Relevancy: Well, a Smash original that's not completely generic (like the Fighting Polygon/Wire Frames/etc.) or unworkable (Master Hand, Sandbag). The only other that fits that is Tabuu, I think.

Design: Primid's moves are mostly just modified versions of Smash items. Super Scope, Fire Flower, boomerang, etc. You could piece something together but...

Roster and Competition: I don't think Smash is getting an original character. Maybe if Sakurai makes an original character that's not just a generic enemy, a literal punching bag, or a faceless supervillain like Tabuu...

Primid chances: 0.3%

Primid want: 3%

Cloud Strike prediction: 3%
It's hard to go below 5% if you're a character that some people will actually want, even if people should realize it ain't gonna happen.

Nominations:
3x Black Shadow
2x Wolf

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Really does feel like we're scraping the barrel at this point. Heck, I've been nominating Black Shadow for a long while now and even he likely wouldn't get a >10% rating. Guess I'll be reverting to more veterans or rerates once Shadow has his day...

Primid - 0%
Making the main minion of Subspace Emissary a playable character? That's a pretty huge stretch, even if we are still technically devoid of a Smash Bros rep. Now, I gave a nonzero rating to Sandbag a while back, but he's also super iconic to Smash by now and would allow for a very unique moveset if Sakurai decided to explore the route of a Smash Bros rep. Primid? He's a generic grunt, was only in one game, and is generally less iconic to the series. I just don't see how it's a possibility.
Want - 0% - Why would I want a Primid taking up a precious character slot?

Cloud Prediction - 0.4%
Wait, people were nominating Cloud? Oh dear.

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Primid: 2%
Primids didn't even have that much plot relevance in SSE.

Want: 6%
The entire premise of Primids was to be a basic, uninteresting grunt. I find them to be basic and uninteresting.

Cloud prediction: 2.7%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Primid
Likelihood: .13% He is a Nintendo character, but there are so many things wrong with him. A Smash Bros original character, so he's not a Nintendo All-Star, uninteresting and boring, unpopular, one off character, the Goomba of his franchise. He is a near impossible character.
Want: 0% He's boring.

Cloud: 1.27%

Sukapon x10

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Primid: 3%
Interesting but very doubtful.

Want: 5%
Interesting idea probably.

Cloud prediction: 0.123456789%
If anyone gives him anything higher than a one, they really don't know how you get into Smash or are hoping the criteria has changed.

5x Toon Zelda/Tetra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom