• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Wait, I thought I predicted a 0.64% for Primid too?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Cloud
Chance: 0% - Cloud's only appearance on a Nintendo console was a very brief one in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. It would be such a cop-out if he got in over more relevant third parties.
Want: 0% - He's not welcome here.

Black Shadow Prediction: 13%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina team x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Cloud:

Chance: 7%
He is indeed one of the most iconic characters left in the Mario universe, but I think the lack of arms, legs, mouth and foreground appearances really make hims suffer in terms.. of... oh, not that cloud?

Cloud:

Chance: 11%
I know him as Kracko, but I take it that's a European translation thing... Either way, he's a cool character, but he's more fitting of being a boss in adventure mode, don't... you... huh?

what? SERIOUSLY? That's no cloud! That's just a dude with an oversized sword!

Cloud:

Compensating for something are we?

Chance: 0%
3rd parties a tough deal as is, especially when you're from a company with such a good candidate as Slime, and from a franchise that has left you behind for... well basically you with boobs and a machine gun... If Squeenix wanted an FF character it would likely be a classic dude/tte to represent their Nintendo era, and if they want a modern character they've made it clear for the last few years now that Lightning is their favourite meteorological event at the moment. Clouds a bit irrelevant to his own series, and in terms of Nintendo, and for that matter Japan, his series is less relevant than Dragon Quest.

Want: 0%
Dude, I'm a Dragon Quest fan... I liked FF5, 6, 8, 9, 10-2 and Dimensions quite a lot to be honest, but even those characters would get zeros when there's likely only one Squeenix character, and that slot is quite clearly meant for Slime.

Black Shadow: 14%
Goroh seems more popular in the west, I think he's more likely than him, but I suspect I'm out voted.

Knuckles*5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Cloud: 0.5%
Want: 0% NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo I hate third parties in the first place. Sonic shouldn't have gotten in in the first place and nether should have snake. I am so mad at Megaman for ruining another character's shot. But most of all I HATE CLOUD!!! I wish his sole would be tormented forever!!! I ****ING HATE CLOUD!!!

Black Shadow: 9.25%

x5 Chancellor Cole

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Cloud

Chance - 0% - I think he has appeared on fewer Nintendo Consoles than even Solid Snake. With no friends on the inside... yeah, he's doomed.

Want - 0% - In my eyes, the only Square Enix character that is worthy is the Blue Slime. No way anyone else is going to get that title away from him.

Black Shadow Prediction - 4.65% - A longshot charater, but still somewhat reasonable. He may have terrible chances, but it's still a chance.

Nominations
Ephraim X5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Want: 0% NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo I hate third parties in the first place. Sonic shouldn't have gotten in in the first place and nether should have snake. I am so mad at Megaman for ruining another character's shot. But most of all I HATE CLOUD!!! I wish his sole would be tormented forever!!! I ****ING HATE CLOUD!!!

x5 Chancellor Cole
Well I find your 3rd party hate somewhat unfounded but good for you.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Cloud Strife

Chance - 0%
He holds ZERO significance to Nintendo. Save him for the never-coming Sony Allstar Battle Royale sequel.

Want - 0%
I don't like hairspray addicts in dire need of intervention

Black Shadow - 10%

x5 Pauline

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
cloud 0.1 MY LOWEST SCORE EVER! YAY CONGRADULATIONS CLOUD YOU GET THE LEGENDOFROB1 MEDAL OF SHAME!

want: 4% meh.

Black shadow: 13.6%

Noms
lucario x4
pichu (phoenix wright seems to doing well without me for the time being, even if it's just one nom a day)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
For now...

Cloud Strife's chances: 0.5%

Black Shadow prediction: 14.23%

Andy x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

x5 Chancellor Cole
So I'm guessing that if Sonic, Snake, or Megaman were actually owned by Nintendo, you would automatically have liked them just because of the brand name?
Look I'm just as much of a hardcore Nintendo fanboy as you and the rest of the people on these forums, but I still think Megaman is a much more deserving rep than many Nintendo first parties. Don't blindly dislike a character because of the company it belongs to.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Music
Cloud: The Truth
Black Shadow: Black Shadow's Theme, and Devils Call in Your Heart (Brawl)
So I'm guessing that if Sonic, Snake, or Megaman were actually owned by Nintendo, you would automatically have liked them just because of the brand name?
Look I'm just as much of a hardcore Nintendo fanboy as you and the rest of the people on these forums, but I still think Megaman is a much more deserving rep than many Nintendo first parties. Don't blindly dislike a character because of the company it belongs to.
Well I find your 3rd party hate somewhat unfounded but good for you.
Ok, the only one of those examples up there besides Cloud that I hate is Sonic. I do not hate the character I just hate the aspect of them being in smash bros a Nintendo all stars game

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Take a ****ing pill, Toxic Croaker. You hate third parties? That's nice; I hate fanboys.

Cloud chance=0.5%

Cloud want=16%

Black Shadow prediction=2%

Nomination=5xNeku and Shiki

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ok, the only one of those examples up there besides Cloud that I hate is Sonic. I do not hate the character I just hate the aspect of them being in smash bros a Nintendo all stars game
to be fair, sonic's a part of nintendo's history being their first REAL competition.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Cloud Strife
Chance: 0% if there is any justice in the Smash world.
This character is less important to Nintendo than any of the other SquareEnix potentials: Slime crossed over with Mario, Moogle/Cactuar/Black Mage/Ninja/White Mage also crossed over with Mario. Sora, whilst another terrible 3rd party rep, at least has the decency to be the star of a few games ON a Nintendo game.

Want: Is it possible to give minus figures to a character in terms of want? Because Cloud Strife tops my list of video game characters I can't stand alongside Shadow the Hedgehog.
If not: 0%

The only Cloud I'd be accepting of from Square is Mallow. Not that I really want Mallow(or Geno for that matter...in fact Geno even more than Mallow) but at least Mallow has interacted within a Nintendo game as a playable character(in b4 Cloud was playable on some minigame in one of the 3/DS games). He might be GameFAQ's winner of "best video game character ever" award for a few years, but he certainly isn't going to be making any fans on this site.

Black Shadow: 8%
Presuming people are just overjoyed to be reviewing a character with some sort of hope to get in the game.

Nominations:
Captain Syr...actually screw it:
Mallow X 5
I never understood why Geno got all the insane pointless fan following whilst the character with a personality got snubbed. Time to see just how disliked he is.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Cloud Cuckolander
Likelihood: 0.5% - It's Square Enix we're talking about, guys.
Want: 0% - God no. Please. Have mercy. I'd rather have Geno of all things first.

That's a load of B.S.
Prediction: 17% - Yet another likely choice for an unlikely spot.

Nominations
Zero percent lame x3
Can't stop these Sucky puns x2

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cloud...time? Oh how far we have fallen...:troll:

Likelihood: 0%
No significance to Nintendo at all, 3rd Party (SE no less)

Want:0%
Blegh.

Predicting a 11.25 for Black Shadow

Nominating Wolf x5

Forde

Smash Cadet
As the sole person that got Cloud up there, I give myself a round of applause.

Chance: 5%

Want 85% Would be pretty cool to see Cloud vs Marth vs Link, or any other swordsman, and he would be the perfect 3rd party swordsman imo, aside from Lloyd to be in.

Black Shadow prediction: 12%

Nominations:
Ephraim x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see Ridley in the CLOUDs. (sorry for the terrible pun.)

He's far from a legendary 3rd party and is a Sony icon. And Square Enix is notoriously strict on licensing their characters.

As much as I want to get into the series, I haven't played a single Final Fantasy game yet. Sorry, but no.

Black Shadow Prediction: 6%
I'll see how Batman's evil twin performs tomorrow.

Fawful x 5
C'mon, someone help me out! :p

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Cloud likelihood: 2%. If there were an FF rep, then yes, but there won't be, so no.
Cloud want: 30%. Don't want too many third parties, but he could be made interesting.

Black Shadow: 10%.

Nominations:
x5 Tom Nook

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Cloud: 0%
What Nintendo games has Cloud starred in? Sure, he's in Kingdom Hearts and Theatrhythm, but he wasn't the main character in either. In the former, he is a guest character, while in the latter, he receives equal billing with the other FF protagonists.

Not only is Cloud not a Nintendo character in any sense of the word, I also don't like him.

Black Shadow prediction: 13.75%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Cloud Strife

In other words,
Chance 0%
Want 0%
There's no point in wasting time writing reasons.

Prediction
Black Shadow 7.67%
Fairly popular in Japan if my memory and information serves me right, and from a franchise with only one rep. The biggest drawback will be the "F-Zero is dead" crowd.

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Monkey

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I leave this thread for a few days and find we've had even more pointless characters? How do these people get votes?

Chances: 1%. Do I even have to go into detail here? Yeah the Final Fantasy series is definitely a lot more well-known than most other third-party franchises, so it could arguably be called "legendary." But the series has nothing to do with Nintendo, and unlike Metal Gear the creator isn't close friends with Sakurai. And let's be honest here - yeah, final Fantasy is a massive name, but Cloud isn't. Most people will only have heard of the franchise, not actually played it, and unlike other notable franchises Final Fantasy doesn't have a main character. The only reason Cloud stands out above the rest is because his game is the most popular among the fanbase.

Want: 0%. I like Final Fantasy VII, but the concept of Cloud in Smash Bros. really doesn't sit with me. Just... no.

Black Shadow prediction: 7%.

Wonder Red X 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Cloud gets a 0%. I don't think any Square Enix character is likely, but there are at least six with a better chance than this character who is a Sony all-star. Not a Nintendo one.

predict: 13% Like you said, finally a character who stands a chance.

Victini x5

Finally, if you guys think we have reached the bottom of the barrel, here's just another reminder of characters who have better chances than Primid or Cloud or even Anthony Higgs and Mike Jones (worth your nomination consideration): Wonder Red, Andy, Dark Samus, Daisy, Captain Syrup, Anna, Micaiah, the "X" protagonist, Ray Mk III, Zael, even Sheriff and Diskun, Prince Fluff, Midna & Wolf Link, Birdo, Mallo, Sukapon, Validar, Pauline, Matthew, N, Hades, and Muddy Mole. There are plenty of third party characters better than Cloud: Bayonetta, Black Mage, Travis Touchdown, Ryu, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, Ryu Hayabusa, Jin Kazama/Devil Jin, Crono, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, even SORA is more of a Nintendo all-star. I'm not saying all of these characters can get a 5%, but they can all do better than the average of the past week.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Cloud Strife
Chance 4.5%
The odds of us getting a Square rep is unlikely, BUT if we do just happen to get a character from them, Cloud is definitely one the most likely. If we get a Square Enix rep it's between him, Sora, Slime, Dragon Quest Hero, or Geno, and if you ask me Cloud's the front runner, simply for being their mascot. However, that's not saying much...
Want 88%
I'm a pretty big Final Fantasy fan, and seeing Cloud in Smash Bros. would be absolutely mind blowing!
Black Shadow 8.6%
Nomination
Excitebiker x3
Muddy Mole x2

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Want: -9000000000%
Balck Shadow: 7.8
Nominate:
Yarne x 4
Ridley x 1

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Don't think I'm about to pursue any other newcomers: Blaziken's way too far out to bother, and Advance Wars is interesting but I'm not so invested in the idea that I want to dedicate votes to it. I think I'll push the cause of some rerates for now, since interesting developments are starting to occur. First on the agenda: Lucario, in the spirit of Pokemon X/Y this week!

Cloud Strife - 0%
There is zero need for a Square Enix rep, and even if there somehow was, why in the world would they pick a character that has almost no significance to Nintendo whatsoever? If anything, Cloud represents Square leaving Nintendo as they moved from placing FFVI on the SNES to placing FFVII on the Playstation. I'm certain he's had the odd appearance on a Nintendo system at this point (Theatrhythm at the minimum), but he's clearly not a Nintendo all star, nor is he a famous Nintendo rival like Sonic. He's just a popular character who has no reason whatsoever to be in a Smash Bros game.
Want - 0% - What a bizarre waste of a slot he would be, regardless of his battle qualifications.

Black Shadow Prediction - 8%
Deserving of a solid rating, though sadly he probably will get a lot of very low ones.

Nominations
Lucario x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Yay extra nominations!
Cloud:
Chance: .1%
Come on...

NO

Prediction for Black Shadow: 8.66%

Nominations:
Master Hand x7 mwhahahaha mwhahahaha
Little Mac x2
Wolf x1

Groose

Smash Champion
x132 Tharja (Fire Emblem)
x141 Ephraim (Fire Emblem)

GROOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fixed.

I understand that, and I respect your opinion. My personal thought on the matter: Nintendo history isn't only about first party Nintendo games. Some of the best games on Nintendo systems have featured characters not owned by Nintendo. Mega Man is the foremost example... he had EIGHT popular games exclusive to the NES. His games sold more Nintendo systems than the likes of many a character already on the roster. I'd say he's a Nintendo All-Star... even if he wasn't created by Nintendo itself.

Similar reasoning applies to Sonic as well. He was Mario's main rival for a solid decade...that's a big part of Nintendo history. Nowadays his games are heavily concentrated on Nintendo consoles, and he has had many a crossover with Mario. He's less of a Nintendo All-Star than Mega Man... but he still played a major role in Nintendo history and is fast becoming a superstar for the Big N.

I'm not going to try justifying Snake. As much as I love him and Metal Gear as a whole... it cannot be done. I could possibly justify Pac-Man... but even as his supporter, I admit that I'd be digging pretty deeply and relying more on personal experiences than facts.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Cloud:
Not a chance. He has no significant ties to Nintendo and is a Sony guy. There are also a plethora of FF options (Terra, Cecil, Black Mage, Moogle) or SE options (Slime, TWEWY, CT, and even Sora)
He's a Sony guy. He should be in Playstation All Stars. Oh wait. Regardless, he isn't worth of being in Smash.

Black Shadow: 7.78%
Nominations:
Phoenix Wright x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Has never appeared on a Nintendo console so he's automatically illegible.

See above

5x Toon Zelda/Tetra

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Cloud Strife
Likelihood: 1.27% I doubt Square will get a rep. If they do, it will more likely be Slime, Black Mage, Sora, or GENO. Yes, at least Geno is more tied to Nintendo than Cloud.
Want: 0% Black Mage, Slime, and Geno > Cloud

Black Shadow: 25% (May seem pretty hefty, but I'll explain tomorrow.)

Sukapon x5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Cloud Strife
Likelihood: 1% there are better characters in his place like Moogle, Chocobo and Slime.
Want: 15% Only because I love FF VII and I can see a massive moveset potential behind him.

Black Shadow: 15% The character that can finally get the moveset of Ganondorf making Ganondorf a blank paper to have a new play style.

Donbe and Hikari x 5

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom