• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm going to give Ike a 40% chance of making it in, only because I can't see him beating out Sigurd and I doubt there will be more than 1 FE addition to the game.

King DeDeDe x5

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
As Diddy has already pointed out...

Topic updated. I will probably not be able to update this thing tomorrow as I work tomorrow night. So, if it's not updated by 3 PM central tomorrow, then it will be updated on Thursday.

@Diddy: I'm going to try it on a daily schedule for a while. If it proves to be too much, I might cut it back to weekly. If I do cut it back to weekly, then all characters who were given only a day will be re-voted on to be fair.

Also, Diddy, you can only nominate three characters.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
80%

Due to:

Fire Emblem principal lord
Swordmaster
Great popularity
One of the principal franchise of Nintendo.

megachao24

Smash Cadet
80%, I don't like the guy much but I'll be real; he's got a large fan-base, Sakurai wants him, has his own fighting style. That's enough for him to get in.

Nominates:
Sonic
DeDeDe
Lyn

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Ike has a good chance because he was in the first 3D FE and will probably be returning somewhere in FE 10. He is a very popular and powerful lord, right up there with Sigurd. He is well liked to boot.

The only reason I can think of for him not to be in Brawl is his striking resemblence to Marth. I highly doubt Marth would be removed for anyone from the FE series, and becuase of how much the two look alike, it's possible players could get confused mid battle. Not likely, but possible.

Ike: 65% (IMO)

Nominates:
Geno
Lyn
Wolf X2
Krystal

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I give Ike a 70% chance. I may be a little bias due to never playing Path of Radiance, but meh.

I nominate 1) Balloon Fighter, 2) Toad, 3) Little Mac, 4) ridley, 5) wolf or Krystal

D

Deleted member

88%

Ike's well liked, popular and powerful, as well as original. An easy choice.

Nominate Ralph, Ephraim and Geno.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Sakurai's also shown a lot of interest in this guy, and has a lot of support in both in and out of Japan. After Marth I'd say he's the most likely Blue haired swordsman to be added (you'd be surprised, there are quite a few). However, speaking of Marth he does present an obstacle seeing as the two are quite similar they might not both get in. I can see Ike replacing Marth, but Marth has priority from what I can tell if for nothing else he is the first FE lord. There are also other more unique FE lords to choose from, but I'm not sure how much Sakurai cares about them.

That said, I'd say Ike's chances are still fairly good and give him 70%

Nominate: Ridley (x3) and Krystal (x2)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
First off, let me say that I prefer this on a day-to-day basis. I feel that weekly would get a bit stale and the topic would need to be bumped all too often.

Anyways...

Ike is one of the most recognizable characters from Fire Emblem, a rapidly growing franchise, and an interesting character overall. Whether he gets in on his own merits or replaces Marth as the quick slicing, dicing machine, he'll more than likely make the cut. Not quite as likely as Diddy, IMO, but still highly possible, more likely than not.

Ike Greil's Chances: 76 %

I'll second:

Happy Mask Salesman (4x)
Toad (1x)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Remember, keep those nominations coming. A character need 5 nominations to be put on the list. And, once they make the list, you just have to keep them on top.

If we don't get some more nominations soon, we might not have much of a topic...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nominations:
Little Mac x 1
Red, the Pokemon trainer x 4

chances.

I cannot see Ike getting in. He's just too similar to Marth, and I just know that Marth is going to be in as he is the most popular lord in Japan.

I give Ike 24%.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nominations:
Geno
Wolf
Ridley

His chances are great, very high, seeing how hes both popular here and in japan...

I give him 80%...

Great thread BTW XD

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Nominations:
Geno
Wolf
Ridley

His chances are great, very high, seeing how hes both popular here and in japan...

I give him 80%...

Great thread BTW XD
Thanks.

By the way, you still have two more points for this vote. You sure you don't want to give your guys some extra points to get them in.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Well, I guess I'll be done for the night. Futurama is about to come on. Keep those votes coming. I'll try to get the results up before I leave tomorrow, but no guaruntees. If it isn't up by 3pm Central time tomorrow, then it will be updated on Thursday.

Alright and good night.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
...I'me not sure if "Greil" is Ike's last name, but i say Ike has a pretty good chance of making it! I'd definitely would like to see him in.

...On a percentage scale... Maybe, 70%?

I also nominate King Dedede, Stafy, Waluigi, Krystal, andthe Old Manfromthe first The Legend of Zelda

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I don't why you'd cite gamefaqs on anything, but oh well...

I'd say Ike has about a 90% shot, seeing how Sakurai-san actually made mention of the character - a very good sign.

I nominate:

Mach Rider
Mike Jones
Marina Lightyears
Takamaru
Richard (w/ Sablé)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm gonna give Ike a whopping 80%. As Lord Deathborne cited, Sakurai did actually mention the character---as far as I'm concerned, that could borderline being guaranteed.

As far as nominations go...

Sonic x 3 (Definitely at the top of my list. The bloody Hedgehog captured my heart since Day One, though all of his 3-D adventures make me sick to my stomach.)

Geno x 1 (I loved Super Mario RPG. I say they haul him in there, 'cause he's such a great character.)

King DeDeDe x 1 (Another one of my favorites from the Kirby series. Metaknight had me stoked from the get-go; I would love to see more Kirby characters included in Brawl.)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Ike? I'll give him around a 60% chance of appearing. Part of that comes from the fact that Marth and or Roy could very well be leaving, and they'll need more FE characters to fill the gaps. Another part is that he's the star of the first(?) console Fire Emblem game, and he's got to be at least somewhat popular for somebody who's never even played Fire Emblem (yo) to know who he is. And the last part comes from the fact that Sakurai-san has expressed interest in the character.

As for who I'd nominate:
Tingle - You can say you hate him. You can say you want to beat him up. But the fact of the matter is that Tingle has recently become as much of a staple to Zelda as Zelda herself. He even has his own game, so you know his popularity is on the rise.

Muddy Mole - This one character was so strongly hinted at, by Sakurai-san himself no less, that I think he bears some serious consideration.

King Dedede - Well, he got the most responses posted on the Toukoken. I think that definitavely proves that Sakurai has a great deal of interest in using his character, and I'd be downright shocked if he didn't make it in.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Since i saw the wiki of ike.....I like him a hell of a lot better than roy.70% though all I know is he's popular.

I nominate wolf o' Donnel

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
To just about everyone who has nominated in the last page and a half: I don't mean to speak for Feroo de Lupe here, but I'm pretty sure you have 5 votes to spread between no more than 3 characters. Quite a few of you have picked five different characters for your votes.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
To just about everyone who has nominated in the last page and a half: I don't mean to speak for Feroo de Lupe here, but I'm pretty sure you have 5 votes to spread between no more than 3 characters. Quite a few of you have picked five different characters for your votes.
Thank you...

I was afraid I was going to have to start busting some heads.

For those of you that put more than three nominations, I only counted the first three. You all have two points left if you want to edit your lists.

Arian_Kylos

Smash Cadet
Percent & Nominations...

My guess that Ike's percent would be... 34.2%

mostly because of there being too many swords: honestly It feels that if Ike appears, marth is out of the picture then, which would be seriously stupid... even though I cannot stand Bishonen (pretty-boys). :mad:

My Nominations are...

EDIT: I didn't see that only three characters could be used :ohwell: actually I misread it.

Midna (Solo) (2n)- No wolf link, two is too many Links already, plus she seems quite fit for brawl.

Ridley (2n)- Mario is to bowser as samus is to ridley.

Titania (1n)- a woman, a somewhat minor character, doesn't use a sword, bad455, that pretty much kills three birds with one stone :)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
95%

Not only did he receive the most attention from Sakurai, he is one of Sakurai's own characters. The Kirby series could do with a 3rd character seeing how Meta-Knight was so well recieved, and DeDeDe is really the main villain of the Kirby franchise. I really see no reason why he shouldn't be in, he'd really be a perfect addition.

Nominate: Ridley (x2), Midna (x2) and Krystal (x1)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm going to say a 99% chance of getting in, he's the most popular Kirby character left, and plays the 2nd biggest role in the series.

Also, this whole 5 votes thing might get a little out of hand. There's bound to be people voting 5 times for joke characters and characters that have no chance of getting in.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Dedede? 70%

He is popular but we already have a new kirby addition and they may be focusing on new characters from other games with only one representative (DK, F-Zero, Earthbound, etc)

I nominate Waluigi, Gengar, and Astaroth (and that's all my nominations)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King DeDeDe...

Yeah he's requested alot, and he's very populair... However, MetaKnight seems to already fill in the role for an enemy / rival for Kirby, so they might leave him out. Still, he's requested the most by the Japanese fans, and there aren't alot of other Kirby characters to choose from.
I don't necencarly want DeDeDe, but it's always good to have another heavy weight and Kirby character around.

I give him a 70% change.

Nominations:

3x Jill (Drill Dozer)
2x Lucas (Mother 3)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
King Dedede, eh? Very likely, methinks. As much as I prefer MetaKnight over Dedede, he's not quite as important in the Kirby series, and, considering he's in, Dedede has good chance as well. After all, he slots in perfectly, he's popular the world over, and Sakurai even stated that Bowser, King Dedede, and someone else, can't remember who, were all intended to be included in SSB64.

King Dedede's Chances: 82%

My nominations:

3x Skull Kid
2x Lil Mac

D

Deleted member

67%. He's popular, and fits in well.

Nominates Ephraim x3, Ralph x2.

EDIT: Its been a while Marshy. You sig keeps getting better and better.

Top Bottom