• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Croco

Smash Lord
I believe Gex would make a great Brawl character.
His chances of appearing in Brawl though are low.
He is really a more American video game character..
His last appearance was on the n64 and he hasn't been seen since he appeared on the xbox in a running game.
He is also 3rd party..

Lower then Happy Mask Salesman?
No.
Lower then Shadow? (I'm serious about this one..)
No.

So I'm giving him a 50% chance.. (He deserves to be atleast above Happy Mask Salesman.)

Nominations- Dr. Wright x5

Wrath`

Smash Master
I believe Gex would make a great Brawl character.
His chances of appearing in Brawl though are low.
He is really a more American video game character..
His last appearance was on the n64 and he hasn't been seen since he appeared on the xbox in a running game.
He is also 3rd party..

Lower then Happy Mask Salesman?
No.
Lower then Shadow? (I'm serious about this one..)
No.

So I'm giving him a 50% chance.. (He deserves to be atleast above Happy Mask Salesman.)

Nominations- Dr. Wright x5
50%!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha i will knock the 0 of and give him 5%

Blaze(5)

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
...No. A minor thirdparty character. ONe no one's heard of. Without any distinction in video game history at all... As far as I can tell, his only saving grace is that he's voiced by Danny john-jules. 1%. Sorry, Cat.

Nominate Hero of Winds x5.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Gex, man that brings back memories. Alas, he must join the long line of 3rd prty candidates already featuring: Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Banjo, Cloud, Black Mage, etc. 7%

Nominations: Blazex5 (The time has come for his figuritive prosecution)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never liked his game frankly... He also isn't a regoniseable character and from what company is he again? I'm giving him a 0.01% change of appearing.

Nominations:
Diddy / Dixie x5

Kirye

Smash Ace
2%, Gex has little to no chance of appearing, the company that made the game obscure, and Gex doesn't represent anything that made history. He was just a lizard.

Ouendan x 5

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Failed attempt by an American company to make a mascot using not so good games. Largely forgotten...I give him a generous one percent.

Three for Crono and two for Lucas.

Stryks

Smash Hero
HA! I laugh at the guy that has been supporting me, who ever gave him 50% and who ever gives him a percentage with 2 numbers in it is ********:

1%

ouendan x5

Croco

Smash Lord
HA! I laugh at the guy that has been supporting me, who ever gave him 50% and who ever gives him a percentage with 2 numbers in it is ********:

1%

ouendan x5
So Happy Mask Salesman deserves to get in Brawl before Gex? :confused: now that is ********.

Croco

Smash Lord
Why are you all giving him low scores he has just as much chance as any other third party character 50%

I nominate Rudy X5
Exactly my point.
We are obviously ******** now according to Stryks.

They are actually rating him lower then Happy Mask Salesman?! :urg:

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Why are you all giving him low scores he has just as much chance as any other third party character 50%

I nominate Rudy X5
have to disagree, he has a low chance. There are only supposed to be a handful of 3rd party characters, and since gex has been out of the picture for such a long time it doesn't seem likely.
IMO they will go for the most popular, and maby throw in 1 that is retro.

Gex... 1%

X5 DK JR.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Exactly my point.

Also notice how everyone that's giving him low scores aren't giving any reasons and just say crap like " OH GEX IS GAY AND ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS HIM IS RETARTED!!!!!!!" If thats not bias I don't know what is.

Croco

Smash Lord
Also notice how everyone that's giving him low scores aren't giving any reasons and just say crap like " OH GEX IS GAY AND ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS HIM IS RETARTED!!!!!!!" If thats not bias I don't know what is.
It's probably because Ferro gave him a 5%.
Some who are giving gex 5% gave Happy Mask Salesman a higher rating. :confused:
makes no sense to me.

Croco

Smash Lord
Well, Happy Mask Salesman isn't 3rd prty, unlike Gex. He just wasn't an influential character.
Just because he is 3rd party that doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance.
Gex was a playable character in his own game.. Just like Rayman. Happy Mask Salesman was not a playable character..
Gex has character.. Happy Mask Salesman hardly has character..
Gex is not a nobody.. He has a chance just like every other 3rd party character.
It makes me sad that most of you are rating Gex lower then him. :(

So I have a question for you..

Who would you rather have?
Happy Mask Salesman or Gex?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Nintendo isn't asking for characters the companies are asking Nintendo if there characters can be in brawl so it doesn't matter at all if the character is old or new or popular or forgotten or any of that **** if the company that owns Gex wants him in then he could get in if Nintendo allows it.

EDIT: Croco the not playable argument isn't valid for ANY character and the same goes for the character argument. I want HMS more than Gex.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Gex? Another one of those outlandish 3rd parties that isn't getting a 50% from me. I give Gex a way-too-generous 5%. Hardly anybody has even heard of him. Just because he happened to be on a Nintendo console doesn't mean he deserves to be in Smash Bros. Did the Gex games ever even get released in Japan?

Nominate Ouendan x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Exactly my point.

I didn't, I think.

But when you think about it, yeah, his chances are considerable low. I mean, at least HMS is a Nintendo character, you know...

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Just because he is 3rd party that doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance.
Gex was a playable character in his own game.. Just like Rayman. Happy Mask Salesman was not a playable character..
Gex has character.. Happy Mask Salesman hardly has character..
Gex is not a nobody.. He has a chance just like every other 3rd party character.
It makes me sad that most of you are rating Gex lower then him. :(

So I have a question for you..

Who would you rather have?
Happy Mask Salesman or Gex?
I'm just saying, look at all the potential 3rd prty characters: Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Black Mage, Cloud, Nightmare, etc.

Give me one reason Gex should get in over any of them (except maybe Cloud)

Croco

Smash Lord
I don't care if anyone gives him a 5%.. That isn't my problem.
Rating him lower then 4.14% just seems wrong and bias.
There isn't much else I can do but say what I have said already.. So if you all think Gex is less worthy then Happy Mask Salesman then whatever.. but I just think all of you are crazy just as much you think I am.

Croco

Smash Lord
RVD_fan..
I understand what you mean. Yes he doesn't deserve to get in before Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Black Mage, and Nightmare. But why rate him lower then Happy Mask Salesman?
Why not 4.15-9.61%?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Why is it always me that has to repeat myself? The companies are going to Nintendo not the other way around snake is confirmed sonic is practically in that leaves space for one more character and if Gex's owners want him in all they have to do is ask Nintendo and if no one else has gone to them then viola he's in Nintendo doesn't care what third party characters get in it's whoever asks them first.

Croco

Smash Lord
Why is it always me that has to repeat myself? The companies are going to Nintendo not the other way around snake is confirmed sonic is practically in that leaves space for one more character and if Gex's owners want him in all they have to do is ask Nintendo and if no one else has gone to them then viola he's in Nintendo doesn't care what third party characters get in it's whoever asks them first.
good point..
I know this sounds crazy.. but for all we know Capcom could of asked to include Leon from RE2 and RE4 instead of Megaman.

Top Bottom