• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Luigi333

Smash Journeyman
.0000001%

Gex hasn't been in a game in years, and there are far more deserving and recognizable 3rd party characters than him. He'd be a waste of a spot.

Deoxys x5

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
.000001% as well for Gex, as Luigi333 said, hasn't been in a game for years and theirs many more deserving chars then him.

Nominate Paper Mario x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Due to unfortunate events surrounding the weather down here, the internet in my house has temporarily been disabled. Water got under the house and shorted out a couple cables. I'm at the library now, but I won't be able to make any more updates for at least a couple days. Dad said he plans on having everything back up and running soon. Sorry.
Great! Sorry to hear about that, though. It must have sucked.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Okay, I have good news and bad news.

Good: I have a brand new computer!! HOORAY NEW COMPUTER!

Bad: The internet is fighting my every click on my new computer so it [internet] is a bit unstable right now.

I'm going to try an update.

Give me a few moments. My internet is kinda laggy and I have to find all the information and add it all up and...you know the drill!

*crosses fingers*

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Bad: The internet is fighting my every click on my new computer so it [internet] is a bit unstable right now.

Give me a few moments. My internet is kinda laggy and I have to find all the information and add it all up and...you know the drill!

*crosses fingers*
Oh, I hope things work out!

*also crosses fingers*

0rion

Smash Journeyman

*crosses fingers*
Well update it whenever you can cause this thread is too good to die.

killbeast301

Smash Lord

*crosses fingers*
I thought you went on vacation or something.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can't let this thread die
^^^ Agree! This is easily one of the best threads out there! It is a intresting experiment, and shows really some odd/diffrent results that you might not expect. It is really neat, plus the voting and nominating system is awsome! I simply would hate to see this thread die anytime soon! That would make me look like this :mad: :mad: :mad:, so it can't die! ;)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yeah, this thread is actually one of the reasons i joined! Its probably two late for this, but I don't see a very good chance for Gex. Helck,the Happy mask salesman is getting in before him! I'd give him a 2% and thats being very REALLY nice.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Oh crap,I forgot to give nominations even though its probably too late! Put me down for Paper Mario X3 and Laughing Dog X2.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
*Looks at Roy-themed person above me*

Why must the stupid haunt my existance? If you can't read the rules, you don't deserve to vote. Get the picture!

Okay, back to business...

I am having extreme internet issuse with this website. By the time I get this posted up, I will have spent (literally) an hour and a half just getting this topic to load. I don't think my new computer likes the Smashboards very much. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my new internet security system. My old computer didn't have a very active one and this one is like Barney Fife; over zealous.

And it's not just the Smashboards either. Every website I go to has more-than-usual lag (except for GameFAQs. For some reason, it's performing flawlessly.)

As much as it pains me to say this... I don't think I'll be able to continue updating the topic on a daily basis (if at all,) at least not until this interent problem is solved. I'm thinking I might have to switch to an update every two-three days (but only count the first day's votes, just to be fair.) If it get's too bad, I'll just have to let the topic die, which pains me because it's the biggest and best topic I've ever had anywhere.

I'm trying very hard to get an update, (so we can get off of Gex,) but it just won't load any of the pages...

Icetrash, you have brought a plague upon my topic!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ha I laugh at those who supported gex I LAUGH!

WW link, not only would he replace young link, but will also become way unique thanx to his moves and weapons from the game...

75%

Nominates dark samus x5

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
WW was an amazing and popular game,so they could probably put Wind Waker Link in there. Then again,he could just be a clone like normal young link,but hopefully the developers have gotten the hint by now that we don't clones anymore.And and some people did not the "Celda" style Link,so I don't know. I'll give him a 70% percent of appearing,however.

I nominate Paper Mario X3 and Laughing Dog X2

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
WW Link? I think that the young link and TP link are enough links to rep. Link (not the series). And Young Link> WW Link because Young link represents OOT, MM, and many more games.

I don't like him, but he does have a chance. 33.333%

Nominate Meowth x5.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I give Young Link an 85% chance of reappearing for SSBB. If you want to be technical about it, Young Link is the star of more Zelda games than Adult Link is. He's very recognizable, and very much a staple to the Zelda franchise. And with a whole new arsenal from games such as The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, The Four Swords, and The Phantom Hourglass, he could very easily become a separate character, and decloned. That last part isn't affecting my score, I just wanted to mention my thoughts on the subject.

Nominate Ouendan x 5

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think that if another Link manages to get in, it'll be Wolf Link (probably with Midna attatched). Windwaker really only has the cel shaded aspect that makes it stand out. Otherwise, it is another Link with another set of items and nothing really new to offer.

Maybe a Windwaker stage would be cool, but I think the character itself has a low chance.

28%

Diddy/Dixie x 5

Luigi333

Smash Journeyman
Young Link will either be modified into WW Link, or he'll be completely removed from the game. I think that there's a 50/50 chance of either happening, so I'll give WW Link a 50%.

Nominate Deoxys x5

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
FINNALLY

I was getting irritated with that gay lizard.

Wind waker link seems good enough all though according to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mGBAa5mlXA&mode=related&search=

He was 100 years after the battle between the real link and gannondorf. So technacially he is another hero named link and looked like him to sorta.

So a 75% chance of getting in he seems very good to come up with an original moveset.

I nominate: Paper Mario (x5)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ha I laugh at those who supported gex I LAUGH!

WW link, not only would he replace young link, but will also become way unique thanx to his moves and weapons from the game...

75%

Nominates dark samus x5
^^^ Omg i am happy now! Stryks is right too, that is is purely unique! You couldn't hate YLink in SSB anymore, because he would be a original and is friggen awsome! Gex is cool, but the last Gex game came out like a long time ago. Lol, I've been trying to get WW Link nominated forever! The only people who hate him never played WW, or are stupid enough to care about graphics over gameplay! I say this: Graphics don't matter that much, period!

Nintendodude has a good post ^^^! Good points, but back on subject. He owns like no other Link before him and he's 1 of my most wanted SSBB characters. Heck, Wind Waker Link and Diddy Kong=my most wanted for SSBB. Okay to start off with millions of reasons why he's in.

Also in my opinion, the only game better on the GC is SSBM. It is simply a flawless game, unless you are a idiot and care about graphics over gameplay. Also I don't want only TP characters, it is just one game. Anyone who does clearly hasn't heard of WW Link, Ralph, Vatti, etc. The LOZ needs a rep outside of TP (even if it is my new fav game), and WW Link is the way to go. Hell, I'd have him in over Zelda just because he owns!

1. The Wind Waker was one of the best ranked GC games. It was well recieved by many game reviewers, and recieved many game of the year awards and 10/10's, etc.

2. It is the GC's #4 selling game. Only SSBM, Super Mario Sunshine, and Mario Kart Double Dash!! sold better.

3. WW Link is liked a lot by fans and people who have played the game. With this he has become very popular throughout where video games are sold.

4. WW is having a sequal called Phantom Hourglass, set for the DS soon. That also adds a lot to consider.

5. He is cel-shaded, needless to say he in unlike any Link in artistic style.

6. His attack patterns are unlike any Link in any game before or after him. Also his arsenal is completely diffrent.

7. He is one of the most liked Links, up there with OOT/MM Link and TP Link. Also note that TP Link is in SSBB, and OOT/MM YLink uses the same attack patterns as TP Link, and most others.

8. The Wind Waker is easily is one of best video games ever, and is one of the best is the series, easily. It is a true epic, as well as a classic!

9. He has mad stealth skills (play the first dungeon). He must have learned it from Snake, lol! Nah, but at least he has that stealth skillz going for him!

Cons:

1. Not too many people like the cel-shaded look, though Kirby in SSBB looks basically cel-shaded. Not too many people like the cel-shaded Link.

2. Not a lot of people who haven't played Wind Waker think the game is good (dead wrong).

All in all I would give him a 85%, but since I am biased, I'll give him a 95%! Go biased people!

I nominate Wolf Link w/t Midna x5! O ya, 1 to go! Vote Wolf Link w/t Midna= awsome! After Wolf Link w/t Midna I'll join the Diddy cause! Go biased people towards Wind Waker Link, Wolf Link w/t Midna, and Diddy Kong! Plus any other character on my sig, +Wolf!

^^^^ He owns like no other, period! No questions asked= he's awsome!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cel Shaded Link...I think I'll just not make a big essay about this and say he deserves a 50% change. Afterall it could really go each way.

Nominations
Diddy/Dixie x5

Croco

Smash Lord
Because The Wind Waker is not the hero of time.. and is a character of his own game.. I give him a 50%.. BUT.. because he is cell-shaded and it would look a bit odd in smash brothers.. I'm dropping him to 30%.

Dr. Wright x5

oh and Johnknight1.. Kirby does not look cell shaded AT ALL.
If he was Kirby would have a outline of some sort and hardly any detail.

parrothead

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC:

35%

Nominate DeMille/Demiru (Tomato Adventure) x5

OFF TOPIC:

All of these games have a Young Link:

Zelda (NES)
Zelda (G&W)
Zelda (Wrist watch game)
A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA)
Link's Awakening (and its DX version)
Ocarina of Time (and its Master Quest version)
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Four Swords
Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass

These other games have Adult Link:

Super Smash Bros. (N64 version)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Soul Calibur II (GCN version)
Twilight Princess
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I'm not sure about Zelda II, because the Link in this game is similar to the ones from ALttP, LA, and both Oracles, but it seems that he did something at the end of Zelda II.

SPOILER from Zelda II -> Link probably kissed Zelda behind the curtains at the end of the game. <-

Croco

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC:

All of these games have a Young Link:

Zelda (NES)
Zelda (G&W)
Zelda (Wrist watch game)
A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA)
Link's Awakening (and its DX version)
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Four Swords
Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass
The link in Wind Waker is not the hero of time.. so he isn't even young Link. He was named after the hero time time.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3155322

Top Bottom