• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB2 Edition! Day 17: Catscratch Trio

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Timmy Turner

Chance - 50% - Timmy is basically the only really big request left from the first round of speculation. The devs seem to actually have a budget this time, so it might be possible that the extra money might go to getting him, especially with DLC already confirmed. I my mind it all comes down to negotiation, and he'll probably be in the instant they can get him. The only question is how much work it would take...

Want - 100% - My most wanted right now. I reserve my 100% for this.

Luna Loud Chance - 35%
Luan Loud Chance - 10%
Clyde McBride Chance - 0.5%

The overlap between The Loud House and the rest of the fandom is typically seen as low. However, it still probably the most popular Nicktoon that still is running on the roster. Getting another character doesn't seem that far fetched, especially with such a large number of characters. Of them Luna is easily the most popular of the siblings, and would probably be the most likely pick. Luan's prankster and comedian shtick has endeared her to the All-star brawl audience and at least makes her a contender as well. For Clyde, though, I don't think a non-sister has what it takes to enter.

Want for all three - 50% - I don't care much about loud house enough to have an opinion on who gets in. It'll come down to moveset.

All noms go to Sartana of the Dead.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Eggs in his noggin

Chances: 50% as far as i can tell, the legal issues that would supposedly keep him out have not been proven. so we have a big fan request with seemingly nothing keeping him out. i think there's a decent shot it will happen. again i'm unwilling to say anyone has more than a fifty fifty chance so i'm sticking with this.

Want: 50% ah go on then. at this point it feels like he should be in. or maybe i've been listening to you guys to much. anyway i'm sure he would have a neat moveset and stage and what more can you really ask for? catchy music? nah better not be greedy.

abstain on the other three and put any noms i earned to count duckula

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
"I wish I wasn't in Licensing Hell!" Wands make fart noises
Chance: 50%
But seriously, if everything was right in the world, we wouldn't even be rating Timmy, because he'd still be a mainstay in Nick crossover games, and instead we'd be trying the guess who the 3rd playable FOP character will be. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world, and here we are wondering if Timmy will even be in this game. But why is that? The reasoning everyone seems the most satisfied with is that Nick had some deal with Nelvana where they basically had the rights to the show everywhere outside of the US, but between seasons 5 and 6, that deal ended, and the most noticeable side effect is that Timmy stopped appearing in Nick games, as he wasn't in the 4th Nicktoons Unite game, or anything after, except browser games, and arcade games, and mobile games. Wait, what's going on here? It seems like it should be possible to get Timmy in this game if Nick puts in enough effort to make a phone call or whatever has to be done, but sadly, for Nick, doing anything is too much effort. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see if peace is restored to the world and Timmy is one of the DLC characters.

Want: 100%
Cone on, it's Timmy. He absolutely deserves to be in this game. Get him in already.

You won't remember my name
Chance: 0%
Well, the newcomers just got leaked, and guess who's there! A girl with a guitar that isn't Luna Loud! Oh well, at least she has that mobile fighting game.
Abstain want. Also abstaining from the other 2 LH characters because they're not happening any time soon.

Otis prediction: 70% - We still have DLC!
Eliza prediction: 5% - Yeah, maybe next time.
Arnold prediction: 0% - lol, lmao even
Daily noms go to Miko.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Timmy Turner
Chance: 65.5%
Want: 90.5%
Previously chance rating was 58.39%.

Luna Loud
Chance: 40.8%

Want: 65%
Previously chance rating was 15.71%.

Luan Loud

Chance: 38%
Want: 56%
Previously chance rating was 24.58%.

Clyde McBride

Chance: 19.1%
Want: 40%
Previously chance rating was 8.53%.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY OVER

Rate Sandy, Lincoln Loud, Oblina, Shredder, CatDog, Mikey, Leonardo, Powdered Toast Man, Toph, Hugh, and Helga

Predict Concept: No Character Cuts and Bubble Bass

Yes, it seems like an odd choice, but the newcomer roster leaked, which would make a lot of the ratings pointless. Therefore, I have decided to prematurely abort the fixed schedule. I'll probably start up a small fixed schedule once the game releases and DLC speculation starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unconfirmed Veterans

Whelp, Amazon leaked some Key Art for the game, which leaked every newcomer and didn't bring in any of our returning veterans. However, it did show us something: Plankton and Azula as newcomers, which shows that they could be adding more villains as playable characters to serve as Story Mode's bosses. This will impact at least one of our ratings here.

Sandy: 90% - I'd have a hard time believing she isn't coming back, Spongebob's huge and her absence would be felt. Plus, one of the game's best players is a Sandy main, wouldn't be a good idea to cut her from the roster. She's even shown up in the new trailer, albeit in the NASB1 portion, but still, I don't see a reason to cut her.

Lincoln: 70% - Despite the game needing to cast a wide net, Ludocity seems to be catering to their older audience with a lot of their choices. TLH just isn't popular with the fanbase despite how big it is, and while Lucy managed to escape the stigma and make it onto the box art (being a girl with a marketable theme definitely helps), Lincoln did not. His moveset's super phoned-in, which is also evidence of this. They had to remake every asset from scratch, so if they had to cut anyone, the first game's least popular character seems like a safe bet in their eyes. A lot of people already mentioned how little they'd miss him. Granted, we do see him fighting Leo on a seemingly remade Wild Waterfall (which was in NASB2's style), and his series IS getting a new stage (and it isn't Lucy's given Royal Woods Cemetary is returning), so it could be his new stage (or that Stage Theory isn't a thing anymore) as The Loud House, oddly, isn't getting any newcomers this time around, at least for the base roster.

Oblina: 90% - The dev team LOVES Real Monsters, and had to fight to get her into the first game! No way they cut her unless they just didn't have time to rework everyone.

Shredder: 100% - Based on the spoilered point above we have three new villain characters alongside Vlad in the newcomer selection, which could easily serve as bosses for Story Mode. If this is the case, a Boss/Playable role would be perfect for Shredder as well. If they're prioritizing bosses, no way they'd cut a perfect candidate.

CatDog: 70% - No idea why this show is so beloved, but nonetheless it is. People love CatDog, and they represent a series by themselves, so cutting them would just remove a selling point from the game! Rep mentioned that all of the assets were redone from scratch, and they potentially didn't have the time to recreate and rework CatDog's unique stance change mechanic. But considering the devs are 90's fans it feels out of character for them to cut a very popular 90's icon!

Mikey/Leonardo: 80% - Leo, like Lincoln, was spotted on a remastered Wild Waterfall, so his status is up in the air. But not only are the turtles backed by corporate, but the fans made it very clear that they want to see the whole gang in-game. Cutting them for Raph/Donnie would be the ultimate **** move by the developers, and while I respect them and know they're too self-aware to do something like this, they've also made some rather troll-y decisions before... Either way, it'd be terrible PR and NOT the way to get a sequel started. Everyone, including the devs, knows that this is a fresh start and a new chance to have everything right at launch to help retain a better image and playerbase this time, it'd be braindead to throw all of that away for a dumb "HAHA GOT YA!" moment.

Powdered Toast Man: 90% - Powdered Toast Man was a breakout star for NASB and turned out to be an extremely popular pick despite his obscurity. Plus his stage was shown in the trailer in the NASB2 portion, so its safe to say that he's coming back.

Toph: 80% - She's super popular, and they spent a LOT of time balancing her! Doing all of that just to cut her from the sequel would be a blunder and a wasted effort. A lot of people would be upset if she were gone, and while she'd take a lot of resources to rework I still think she'll return.

Hugh Neutron: 100% - They fought hard to bring him into the game, he's practically the franchise's mascot in a way. After all of that, I cannot see them cutting him unless Nick suddenly changed their minds on him. But even then, PapaGenos supposedly leaked him, so its more than likely none of this matters.

Helga: 70% - Normally I'd be iffier on Helga's disclusion, given that she reps the entirety of Hey Arnold. However, alongside the absence of her stage in the recent trailer, we now have two other Hey Arnold reps coming as newcomers in the base game. This provides less incentive to keep her around, which is not good for her despite her popularity. Still, like Toph there'd be a LOT of outcry if she were cut!

Want for All: 100% - There's literally no point in cutting any of these characters. All of them are someone's main, and bring a lot of franchises to the table. Plus, It'd be a braindead move for them to add Don/Raph but then cut the other two turtles. Plus several of these newcomers represent currently unaccounted for franchises on the roster. I'd be extremely unhappy if Toph was cut, and downright saddened if Lincoln was cut.

Nominations:
Zuko x30

Predictions:
No Character Cuts: 82.96%
Bubble Bass: 38.66%

Last edited:
We can still vote for the characters from Days 3-9 after the game comes out, right? Right?

In any case...

Underwater Basket Weaving? Been there, done that.
Chance: 90%
Since we already have Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward revealed, the chances of Sandy coming back have slightly decreased. However, from both business and fan-favorite perspectives, Sandy Cheeks coming back is a matter of when, not if.

Who wouldn't want Sandy Cheeks to come back?

Abraham the Only Boy
Chance: 98%
Lincoln Loud is the protagonist of Nickelodeon's second cash cow as of 2023. Do I need to say anything else?

Want: 66%
My high want score is because I'm a firm believer in "protagonists first" for a crossover fighting game roster. Either that, or mascots of your chosen IP. Because Lincoln is both of those, my want for his return is mostly because of that.

Walking Monochrome Candy Cane
I'm not sure whether Oblina would be that important to stick around. We can just make the Real Monsters stage come back if we need to represent the show, kind of like the Double Dare stage before it.

Want: 50%
Honestly, I would have preferred Ickis.

Shredder? Where?
Chance: 60%
I deem Shred-head as likelier than Oblina because, even if he's demoted to a boss battle, he's likely to become DLC. Paid or free, it doesn't matter.

Want: 45%
If we get all four Ninja Turtles, I'd be fine with Shredder being a boss instead. Since the status is currently unknown, I shall hold my tongue and just give him a slightly below-average want score.

Nearburg, Farburg, Wherever-You-Areburg
Chance: 70%
Unlike Oblina and Lincoln, I actually think CatDog has a shot to come back. To cut them off means you have an abandoned house with no occupant inside. That, or the world finally got to Cat's psyche.

Want: 87%
Yeah, I would want CatDog to return. I don't own the complete series on DVD because I'm neutral about it.

The Other Half of the Pizza Box
Chance: 99%
Who wouldn't want all four of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles playable?

I'm a character completionist. It's why I, like nearly everyone here, went hog wild at Everyone Is Here. If it turns out they overcorrected, and Leo & Mikey are replaced by Don and Raph, I will swear vengeance for the turtles. And that zombie kid, too!

Bro(akfast)Force
We already have Ren and Stimpy in the roster, and his stage is in the game. Maybe Powdered Toast Man is going to sit this one out.

Want: 75%
On the scale from Sheen to Reptar, Powdered Toast Man is closer to Reptar in breakout character status. As such, I want him in as well.

She-Hulk Hogan
Chance: 85%
Leaked roster or no leaked roster, Toph is too well-known among the Avatar community to skip the sequel.

Want: 85%
I'd want her in as much as the next guy/girl, but I would probably be fine with swapping her out for Zuko. We already have Aang and Korra, and that's good enough for me.

To Hillwood and Back
Chance: 95%
If we're getting two Hey Arnold! stages, we're seeing Helga come back. End of discussion.

Want: 90%
If you're memorable enough that your target demographic wants more of you, you're definitely a wanted character for something.

Duck Pot Pie
Chance: 77%
With Hugh, he is a likely veteran to come back. But I'm still a little iffy on his chances.

Want: 80%
Now that we have Jimmy Neutron himself in the ring, I wouldn't mind having Hugh return. The question is who our third JN rep becomes.

Predictions:
Concept: No Character Cuts: 91% - I agree with the consensus that Oblina and Shredder are the most concerning to this concept. However, if they're the only ones people expect to be thrown overboard, I say to bring them back anyway.
Bubble Bass: 50% - The fact that he's notable enough to return again and again, even getting a brief resurgence on The Patrick Star Show, then he's got a chance now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
EVERYONE IS HERE!
...is less impressive when it's only game 2
Chance: 75%.
On one hand, if they're catering to fan requests, they should know that the point of people wanting Raph and Don wasn't to get rid of Leo and Mikey, Nick probably wouldn't want the current second biggest Nicktoon to only have one rep, PTM is kind of a "mascot" for NASB the same way Captain Falcon is for Smash (even if they don't play alike), and Nick's main source of income nowadays is shirts covered in 90's characters including the ones whose returning status is ambiguous. On the other...
  • Personally I think a reason why they added Toph was to make up for the lack of earthbending in Aang's moveset. If they're catering to people who want the Avatar to be an Avatar, they might find it redundant to keep Toph.
  • Similarly, depending on how Norb and Dag play, Ludosity might find it unnecessary to keep CatDog around. Which would be a shame considering CD's popularity, but...
  • A bigger budget=/=an unlimited one. They might not have wanted resources devoted to remaking all the veterans to get in the way of adding 10 or so newcomers.
Want: 100%.
I may not have played as all of them, but I do play Oblina and really don't want to see the backdraft that happens if we still have only two Turtles. Also I have no idea how I am supposed to rate "no character cuts" differently.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
...well, this is awkward.

Crossin' the Border into Hurtville
Chance: 60%

Sandy's one of the few veterans I can think of no evidence for, and I'm a little concerned for her as a result. She is an ensemble member of Nick's most prominent and evergreen IP, so the devs truthfully have little reason to cut her. Still, if the devs had to cut anyone, Sandy may have been deemed low-priority since SB already has four characters besides her and she's not as integral as SpongeBob and Patrick are.

Want: 55%

Sandy's a fine character. She should return. That's all.

OH NO! HE'S GONNA BLAST PRESIDENT LINCOLN!

Lincoln's the one veteran I'm willing to give a near-certainty of coming back. For one, I honestly doubt the suits at Nick would let them cut Lincoln even if they wanted to, especially when his sister's on the box. Being the star of a network's latest breakout hit that's still ongoing after seven years gives a guy a certain type of immunity, I feel. Plus, we basically know The Loud House has at least two stages this time, and with no newcomers from the series, it seems likely that Lincoln gets one of them. I honestly think Lincoln being an unpopular character in the first game doesn't really matter here. Still, maybe I'm wrong and Nick really is just letting these guys do whatever the hell they want. That'd be funny, I think.

Want: Abstain

I have literally no reservations on any Loud House character, and that includes whether or not Lincoln comes back. I don't really care for so-called "completion" as far as rosters go, so I'm entirely ambivalent to his inclusion.

[insert Nostalgia Critic joke about Beetlejuice here]

Oblina's chances are a little dicey IMO. On one hand, she's the solo rep of her series with no newcomer to replace her, so losing her would mean losing the entire Aaahh!!! Real Monsters series, presumably including her stage. However, you could argue ARM isn't a series that needs to be repped anyway, and given how a lot of people would've wanted Ickis or Krumm first, the devs may have gotten the impression that not many would miss her. In the end, I give her about even odds if there are to be cuts at all.

I didn't play Oblina a whole lot in NASB1, but from what I did play of her, she was pretty fun. I think a lot would be lost in the event of her absence since no one else really plays like her. (The goop puddle does need better counterplay, though; that thing was just a MESS to play against.)

Cheese Grater
Chance: 55%

I'm really torn on Shredhead here. This game clearly prioritizes villains in a way the first game didn't, which makes sense given they kind of need them for Story Mode. Shredder would be an obvious keeper considering that, but we're looking at potentially six TMNT characters and the devs were pretty apathetic to his inclusion in the first place anyway (see: "Shredder was supposed to be Rocksteady"). Combine with the widespread criticism his moveset saw, he might be on the chopping block in the event of cuts.

I'll be honest, y'all, I routinely forget this guy is in the game. Good for his fans if he's back, but like... eh?

CATDOG, CAAATDOOOG, ALONE IN THE WORLD IS A LITTLE CATDOG

I wanna be more confident in CatDog, but in good conscience, I just can't. They are the sole rep of a series like Oblina, and they were also lowkey the most talked-about pick in NASB1's prerelease (as much as people quickly forgot they were in the game). However, they also come packaged with a nasty gimmick that could take quite a bit of effort to implement if they commit to reworking their entire kit, given how little the "stance change" thing mattered in 1 with the whole three moves' difference. We could see them again, but I can also very easily see these guys being deemed low-priority simply due to the sheer difficulty of adding them.

Want: 70%

These guys were my OG main back when I didn't have anyone else, and while I don't really care about them much anymore, I do wanna see 'em come back so I can bust the ol' CatDog out every now and then. Besides, I really do want to see the devs do their stance change gimmick justice this time.

The OTHER Two out of Four Stars of the Critically Acclaimed Holiday Hit "We Wish You A Turtles Christmas"

I can just see a timeline where the devs are cheeky enough to phase these guys out for the other two Turtles, or maybe they really double down on the whole "visual variety" thing from the first time. Still, I consider that reality slim pickings, and if the devs don't want this game to be laughed out of the room faster than the first one, they should know not to cut these guys.

I didn't like Mikey or Leo much in NASB1 (Leo might've been my straight-up least favorite character to play as, to be brutally honest), but for the sake of the fandom's collective sanity, PLEASE let these guys still be here. The mockery from the entire platform fighting scene will be INSUFFERABLE if they aren't.

POWDERED, TOAST, MAAAAAAAAAAAAN
Chance: 80%

Powdered Toast Man may be seen as an obvious low-priority cut by some, but these devs clearly have a penchant for their weirdo picks, and PTM was practically the mascot of that the first time around (DLC notwithstanding). That, and we've seen the guy's stage already, and it'd be a real Mario Kart 7 Waluigi Pinball situation if the guy just wasn't in the game. Don't comp players like this guy a lot or something?

Want: 90%

Powdered Toast Man was THE character that hooked me in on NASB when it was first revealed. Even if I don't like playing as or against him much, the absolute balls on these devs for them to reveal Powdered Toast Man before the stars of the series he's from sold me on this game before we even knew how it played. It'd be a crime for us to lose this guy. He embodies the spirit of NASB better than anyone else in my book (yes, even Hugh).

Diet Kragg
Chance: 45%

Toph's another character I have no evidence for. She's not the sole rep of her series, her stage hasn't been seen, and she's not an inherently obvious inclusion like Lincoln and the Turtles are. However, she is a very popular character nonetheless, and with the addition of Azula, we'll finally have a playable bender from all four nations if Toph's still in. I give her slightly unfavorable odds, if anything, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I didn't like playing as her much in 1 and also haven't seen enough Avatar to care. Bring her back, don't bring her back, it doesn't matter to me.

MORNING, WEEZER
Chance: 75%

Hugh was added specifically to please the fans (to mixed success), and cutting him one game later would be an objectively dumb move. His son's here now, so we don't even have to worry about the incessant outcry of "SHOULD'VE BEEN JIMMY" assaulting our ears anymore. That, and he's the only veteran to be outright confirmed by PapaGenos, who's been pretty on-point with his info so far.

Hugh's funny. I don't like playing him much, but he's funny. Now that Jimmy's in, he deserves to be here more than ever before. I'd hate to see his fans' efforts have all been in vain in the end.

Guys Help I'm Running Out Of Jokes Anyway Here's Helga
Chance: 35%

Helga's the one character I'm actually worried about getting cut this time around. She, like Toph and Sandy, has no evidence going in her favor right now (unless you count her showing up in the NASB1 section of the trailer, but we've seen these devs do weirder things than show a character in a trailer who isn't in the game), and on top of that, some of the newcomers we've seen potentially bode poorly for her. We're getting TWO more Hey Arnold characters who aren't Arnold, and while that doesn't mean they have to cut her to make room, it most likely does make her low-priority in terms of potential cuts. If anyone's getting cut, I think it's Helga, but if we're lucky, maybe we won't have to worry about that.

Helga's another character I routinely forget is in the game. I didn't enjoy playing as her too much, and I found her merely tolerable to play against the few times I did. I wouldn't miss her if she left, but I know some people would, so it's whatever.

No Cuts Prediction: 68%
With 11 veterans yet unseen including on that promo image that has all the previously seen fighters and seemingly all the unrevealed newcomers, some people might be concerned that we're losing at least someone. Others may not be so worried.

Bubble Bass Prediction: 32%
Recent developments will make this QUITE an interesting discussion.

Now that he's not on the docket, I'll go ahead and start putting noms toward Otis.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
if you don't mind i'm gonna skip this one. with the recent leaks i just don't know anymore

LimeTH

Smash Lord
EVERYONE MIGHT BE HERE?

So here's the issue with cuts, how the hell do you quantify who deserves to go and who deserves to stay among this group of characters? No one feels less important than the others beyond a few exceptions.
Want is gonna be 100% for everyone because I really don't want anyone to get cut? There's no one on here that I can think of that I feel offended me as a choice, personally.

A'ight lets go down the list.

Screwy Squirrel
Chance: 40%

It'd be pretty maddening if we lost a Spongebob character, even with us getting two more. Like I can't imagine Sandy wanting to sit out a second bout of multiversal sparring.
But yeah, with us getting Squidward and Plankton maybe they decided four was enough for the Sponge. I don't see an issue with five Spongebob characters if we get every Turtle back, though.

Don't tell Riley

Ain't no way they're cutting Lincoln. We're getting two Loud House stages but only Lucy is coming back? Give me a break.

Leo and Mikey Go to White Castle

I'm rating the other half of the TMNT together because they would be stupid to only bring one or the other back instead of both.
They can't. They just can't trade two Turtles for the other two. The fact not all four were there was a big sticking point for the first one. Bringing in Raph and Donnie but taking out Leo and Mikey would be a legit **** move.

I THROW TRASH ALL OVER THE RING AND THEN I START EATIN' GARBAGE

Oblina is the sole representative of AAAHH Real Monsters. She's also a character they fought tooth and nail to get in. I can't really imagine why we would go from them wanting more than anything to put an ARM character in there to deciding "eh never mind" and taking out ARM completely.

FALCON LUNCH
Chance: 40%

I'd be sad to see Powdered Toast Man go. He was lowkey NASB's mascot before Hugh showed up. I think that might be a point in his favor since it'd benefit them to have all the popular characters back, but I guess I could see him getting lost in the shuffle. I really hope not though because damn what a tremendous character pick for a fighting game.

...and yet!

I genuinely refuse to believe they're cutting out Helga in favor of Grandma Pookie. Get out of here. Helga is the closest thing to a main character rep if Arnold is absolutely not happening, so like Lincoln, I don't see her getting the boot. Hey Arnold was a big enough deal for Nick to get three characters. But I guess if they think the two newcomers is enough... man I'd hate that though, Helga was a great pick,

TONIGHT I DINE ON TURTLE SOUP

With this game's larger emphasis on villains... why does it feel like Shredder is in danger? I could see him coming back to join the villain team up, but yeah, somehow he seems like he might not make it this time around.

Can't catch what can't see you
Chance: 30%

Damn. Sucks to rate Toph, my favorite Avatar character, so low, but yeah, I think if anyone's out, it's probably her. Since we're getting a more general moveset for Aang, Korra is coming back and Azula is happening, Toph might seem redundant. Which is funny since in the first game, Korra had so many Earthbending moves that Toph made her feel redundant.

Okay but seriously, how DO they poop?

Like Oblina, CatDog are their show's sole rep, and CatDog was a very hotly anticipated and frequently played character in the first game. Look, I think CatDog as a show is absolute trash, but they were such a great character in the first NASB that I refuse to believe they would take them out.
I feel like if god forbid Norb and Dag are a duo this wouldn't make CatDog redundant since CatDog's gimmick is so linked to the... biology of CatDog. I think they're safe.

Mark DeCarlo
Chance: 100%

Hugh's staying. I would bet money on it.

No Cuts prediction: 70%

Nominations

Put it all on GIR

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sandy
Chance: 71%
Want: 91%

Lincoln Loud
Want: 91.5%

Michelangelo/Leonardo
Chance: 82.8%
Want: 96%

Helga
Chance: 71%
Want: 97.5%

Toph
Chance: 63%
Want: 96.25%

CatDog
Chance: 69%
Want: 91.4%

Powdered Toast Man
Chance: 67%
Want: 93%

Hugh Neutron
Chance: 85.4%
Want: 92%

Oblina
Chance: 63%
Want: 83%

Shredder
Chance: 72%
Want: 86.25%

These results are about what I expected, with Hugh leading due to the PapaGenos leak, followed by Lincoln and the Turtles. CatDog, Powdered Toast Man, Oblina, and Toph got the lowest, followed by Helga not close behind. Sandy's result shocked me, though, her chances were probably the most split opinion-wise, with her being a Spongebob mainstay and popular character but also facing four other Spongebob reps already in the game.

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: No Character Cuts and Bubble Bass

Predict Carl Weezer and GIR (Dog Suit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Character Cuts

Chance: 75% - It varies from character to character, as we've discussed yesterday. They decided to rework character movesets and rebuild 98% of the original game's assets from the ground up. All of these newcomers plus the whole veteran roster would be a LOT of work for a smaller developer. Though people also underestimate how much manpower GameMill has, even with all of these other games they're publishing coming out this year. The devs are self-aware enough to know that these cuts would cause a lot of controversy, though at the same time they've made weirder decisions. Still, we've at least seen half of the unconfirmed veterans in the NASB1 part of the trailer, so there's at least a chance. Diego's question-dodging still bothers me, though...

Want: 100% - Like I said yesterday, there's zero reason to cut any of these characters, and to do so would simply bring more unneeded bad publicity to the game. Nobody wants their favorite to get cut, and these guys are either big and important Nick icons or fan favorites that the devs had to fight for. To have, as Harold would say it, Arnold's "LOOOOOOOONY GRANDMAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" make the cut but have all of these beloved characters miss out would be a big sour spot on the game's reputation right of the bat and make a LOT of their existing fans unhappy.

Bubble Bass

Chance: 10% - Bubble Bass is a very interesting case. He was a two-off character in Classic Spongebob, but as Seasons 9 and 10 rolled around Nick made a push to bring older fans back. One of the ways they did this was through bringing back some older characters and gags, resulting in Bubble Bass becoming something of a regular on the show now. While he mellowed out, he kept his rather obnoxious personality, which eventually led him to doing a Nostalgia Critic parody of all things on the Patrick Show. Antics like this pushed him back into the meme spotlight, and I can see this catching the devs attention once Krabs is in. No other Spongebob reps outside of the Big Six really have a heavy push to get in, and his competition at that point would be... Doodlebob and Fred the Fish. Larry, Mrs. Puff, Pearl, etc. don't really have much demand at the moment, so if the devs wanna be cheeky they could easily run with this.

Want: 30% - We gotta get Krabs first, though I think he'd be a very funny choice once we get the Spongebob essentials and the floodgates open to the more niche picks. Even before all of his recent memery started he was a very memorable antagonist who'd make for a very amusing character to play as. Mixing food and nerd stuff into a moveset would be fun, and his voice would be HILARIOUS to listen to during a fight! Still, timing is everything, so he'll have to wait just a bit longer.

Nominations:
Zuko x20

Predictions:
Carl Weezer: 16.18%
GIR (Dog Suit): 29.55%

Last edited:
No Cuts, No Bruises
I'm equally on the fence as many of you are, but I actually see this as a plausible outcome. Not only that, but given the leaked roster, cutting some of the characters would be seen as blasphemy for various case-by-case reasons. I can see cutting Sandy, Shredder, and even Oblina. But to cut Helga in favor of
Gerald and Gertie
? Nah, mate. Just keep the entire roster in if that's the alternative.

I'd go higher than a hundred if I was able to. But seriously, I can see a 40-character roster for the second installment for this series. Software technology has vastly improved since 2008, even for cartoony video games.

Pickles : r/spongebob

Originally, Bubble Bass didn't appear often in Spongebob. But in recent years, the opposite seems to be true. He's been appearing frequently enough nowadays that he was just used to lampoon the internet critic motif. He even dressed like the Nostalgia Critic for extra "accuracy". All this to say, after we get Mr. Krabs in the arena, he's got a surprisingly good shot at the next invite.

Want: 20%
Look, I'm sure he would be a great character and all. But his stint as a basement-dwelling internet critic just ruined him for me. Not because I resemble those remarks, but because I feel a sense of self-deprecation in me when the typical jokes against internet reviewers are made. This is not just no exception, but it's also made me feel the worst about myself seeing it.

And if you want to know more? Prepare yourself.
the biggest takeaway for me is that anime catgirls are now canon in  SpongeBob : r/NonPoliticalTwitter

Drink it in.

Predictions:
Carl Wheezer: 10% - Yes, people like him more than Sheen at this point, but we just got Jimmy.

I'm stockpiling my nominations for today. I'm burnt out from all I've done.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
No Cuts, No Bruises
I'm equally on the fence as many of you are, but I actually see this as a plausible outcome. Not only that, but given the leaked roster, cutting some of the characters would be seen as blasphemy for various case-by-case reasons. I can see cutting Sandy, Shredder, and even Oblina. But to cut Helga in favor of
Gerald and Gertie
? Nah, mate. Just keep the entire roster in if that's the alternative.

I'd go higher than a hundred if I was able to. But seriously, I can see a 40-character roster for the second installment for this series. Software technology has vastly improved since 2008, even for cartoony video games.

Pickles : r/spongebob

Originally, Bubble Bass didn't appear often in Spongebob. But in recent years, the opposite seems to be true. He's been appearing frequently enough nowadays that he was just used to lampoon the internet critic motif. He even dressed like the Nostalgia Critic for extra "accuracy". All this to say, after we get Mr. Krabs in the arena, he's got a surprisingly good shot at the next invite.

Look, I'm sure he would be a great character and all. But his stint as a basement-dwelling internet critic just ruined him for me. Not because I resemble those remarks, but because I feel a sense of self-deprecation in me when the typical jokes against internet reviewers are made. This is not just no exception, but it's also made me feel the worst about myself seeing it.

And if you want to know more? Prepare yourself.
the biggest takeaway for me is that anime catgirls are now canon in  SpongeBob : r/NonPoliticalTwitter

Drink it in.

Predictions:
Carl Wheezer: 10% - Yes, people like him more than Sheen at this point, but we just got Jimmy.

I'm stockpiling my nominations for today. I'm burnt out from all I've done.
My man, you had me thinking you were plot-twist style revealing to us that you've actually been NICKtendo this whole time for a few seconds.

Gang's all here

The leaked splash art really tells us nothing, for all we know, yeah, everyone is coming back. There's no reason for them not to besides time and budget constraints, and that latter one seems to be not much of an issue anymore compared to the former.
The dodgy answer to the question if anyone is cut really seems to focus more on newcomers they wanted but had to scrap (apparently Gertie was high priority). So whether or not that's avoiding answering if anyone's been cut or they just didn't catch that part of the question, or they WANT us to speculate on if there are going to be roster cuts or not, hard to say until we got the game in our hands.
Same as last time, I don't see any reason why anyone should be cut, and there's no one I would want to see let go anyway. Everyone deserves their place on this roster.
Yes. Even Lincoln.

I knew a girl in high school who had the same laugh as Bubble Bass. I know I said that last RTC but I felt it bore repeating because that wasn't a joke. I really actually knew someone with the same laugh as Bubble Bass.
Chance: 25%
Want: 40%

Bubble Bass has really made a huge comeback (something I wish he had made when the show was... you know, still good) and he can't be pushed aside by on the merit that he was barely in any episodes beyond his one hit wonder role in Pickles. I maybe don't see him happening before Krabs, but never say never.

Carl prediction: 25%

All noms on GIR

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
EVERYONE from NASB1 IS HERE!
Chance: 30%

Guess I'm the pessimist here. While I highly doubt every veteran we haven't seen so far is gone, the odds that we get through this game without losing anyone are, in my opinion, pretty slim. At first, I was expecting no cuts, but now with the knowledge that the devs basically remade everyone from the ground up, I'm having second thoughts. This game overall seems pretty ambitious, with a full-on Story Mode complete with bosses and somewhere in the ballpark of 10-12 newcomers if recent information is to be believed, so some difficult calls may have needed to be made. Because of that, I seriously doubt EVERYONE is coming back, even if we hopefully keep most of the cast we haven't seen yet.

Want: 50%

While I would miss certain characters like CatDog and Powdered Toast Man, I'll admit I don't really care if everyone comes back. Nothing against the likes of Helga or Toph, but losing them would barely register for me, if I'm honest. All the better if they can make it back, but if fat needs to be trimmed to make room for other stuff, I just hope they don't get rid of essentials like the Turtles.

STILL NO PICKLES!
Chance: 20%

Bubble Bass is in a... weird spot right now. He's a generally well-remembered character (despite his recent stint as a know-it-all internet reviewer) that the writers of SpongeBob and its spinoffs seem keen to bring back nowadays. However, he's still kind of a bit-player in the grand scheme of things, and with Krabs still on the docket, a niche pick like Bubble Bass is a hard sell. That said, we are looking at the devs who forego traditional character hierarchy like their lives depend on it, and if they decide to reach into SpongeBob's never-ending backlog of weird characters, Bubble Bass may well be the top contender. Maybe unlikely, but these devs have established that they WILL do unexpected things when they can get away with it, so I'd advise keeping this guy in the back of your mind.

Make no mistake: Krabs should ABSOLUTELY get in first. However, once we have him and SpongeBob's whole main cast is represented, I say go all-in on the weirdo picks! Bubble Bass is a funny guy with a distinct build that could easily lend itself well to a lumbering, grappler-esque playstyle. I also kinda like what they're doing with him lately by making him a parody of neckbeard nerd culture in general. Some people might call it forced or disingenuous, but he has a similar appeal to Francis from Super Paper Mario for me. He'd even technically count as another villain! Imagine Bubble Bass teaming up with the likes of Vlad, Plankton, Shredder, and Azula for a future story mode. It's just too good.

Carl Prediction: 20%
Now that Jimmy and (hopefully) his dad are in the game, the path is clear for other members of JN's secondary cast like Carl to get in. However, he faces competition from Sheen in that department and it might be too soon for another Jimmy Neutron character anyway.

Noms to Professor Membrane
(Also, why is Dog Suit GIR on the nominations list twice?)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No character cuts: 12%
Yeah... no. NASB 1 already had an absurdly high amount of characters for any first-installment fighting game, and now we've got a game built from the ground up with a story mode? Made with only about a single extra year over NASB1's dev time? Not gonna happen, even if we're to believe that the interview non-answer wasn't confirming cuts. Would've given 2%, but since we're counting DLC IIRC, I'll bump it up a bit

All noms for My Squishy Little Dumplings

Carl prediction: 23%

Gir prediction: 50%

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
built from the ground up
Couldn't there be a catch to that 98% of NASB1 assets not being reused? Like, with the DLC fighters being higher quality and developed when they were starting 2, I don't see a reason to scrap them.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Bubble Bass

Chance: 15%

So, Plankton's reveal kind of messed up my original line of thinking. I honestly thought that Spongebob was probably done for the base roster after Squidward and that we wouldn't get another rep for the series until DLC. But now we are suddenly at 5 Spongebob reps and it makes me think that they will probably just add Mr. Krabs if they are going to add one more Spongebob character to this game. I originally thought that 4 of the main characters would be enough for now and that they would start adding side characters. But with Mr. Krabs being the sole major request left, they will probably just get him out of the way and we wouldn't get any side characters until the third game.

Still, it's not completely hopeless for Bubble Bass. Without going into detail, the recent roster leak shows that we are probably getting some unexpected choices and that is something that the devs have demonstrated over and over again. This favors Bubble Bass as he's a less expected, but still a dark horse pick. He's got one iconic episode under his belt, appearances in the newer episodes which brought him back to the spotlight, and even some appearances in the crossover games like the 4th Nicktoons Unite game. So overall he's one of the more notable side characters and the one side character I would bet on if they chose one from this series.

There's also the fact that he has gained more fame recently from the whole thing about him being turned into a Nostalgic Critic-like character. The problem with that is that was a very recent thing, so it could very well not be a factor. The devs have already announced DLC characters, specifically a pass with 4 characters. That makes me think that the 4 characters have already been decided, in which case it's too late for Bubble Bass to get anymore boost in chance from memes or online popularity. Still, he has a chance regardless.

Honestly, the thought of Bubble Bass being in one of these games has become very amusing to me. Ever since his last rating we have gotten voice acting which makes him more of an appealing choice and hopefully if he gets in we'll be able to hear his iconic line. And to be frank I wouldn't mind if he got in over Mr. Krabs. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and I gave him a 100 for want, I just think we are ready for a fun side character at this point and I think Bubble Bass would make for an interesting and funny choice.

Abstain on character cuts as I don't have the energy right now to argue it.

As for noms, uh I'll go with Concept: Second Rugrats character xMax

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
No cuts

Chance - 80% - While there may be a bit more development into each character, overall I think there are simply too few characters to be cut to say there should be them. Yes, I know they redid almost everything. But we know the vast majority are still around, and the few who aren't, are not the type who would be cut.

Want - 100% - There are simply too few characters for me to see a cut as worth it. I'd rather keep everyone.

Bubble Bass

Chance - 5% - He's a good example of how Moddern Sponge has become fairly reference heavy. Once only a character who appeared in two episodes, taking a once well-remembered early character and bringing them back is a staple of Modern Sponge. Bubble Bass has certainly evolved, although is core trait of being a jerk who nobody likes remains, just expanding it to new methods and domains. However, he simply isn't that popular and SpongeBob still has bigger fish to fry. He's simply going to be out-prioritized.

Want - 30% - There are plenty of characters I would like more first. I'd rather have other SpongeBob characters first, and that's after some other sereis have had there fair share.

Predicitons

Carl - 12.34% - He hasn't been mared by Sheen, at least.

GIR - 4.56% - All depends on ZIM.

Nominations

Sartana of the Dead X All

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
The previous day ended sooner than I thought it would, so I'm just gonna put what I wrote for that day under a spoiler.
Okay, here we go. Time for some blind optimism.

Sandy
Chance: 75%
She's a popular character from Nick's most popular series. I know we got 2 SpongeBob newcomers but cutting her would still be weird.

Lincoln
While Lincoln isn't the most popular character among Nick Brawl fans and Rugrats and Hey Arnold have proved that just because you're the protagonist of a big Nick series it doesn't mean you're in, the devs still cared about Loud House enough to give it a brand new stage, and there don't seem to be any Loud House newcomers. I think Lincoln is safe.

Leo and Mikey
Chance: 90% for both
Would they really add Raph and Don just to remove the other two? That just sounds mean, but not entirely impossible.

Shredder
While the Kart Racer devs were glad to throw Shredder in the garbage, I don't think the Brawl devs would do the same. I don't think they'd put the effort into making him a free post launch character just to immediately cut him the next game.

Oblina
Not the most popular character in the game, but cutting her would mean cutting an entire series. Would the devs really wanna do that?

Powdered Toast Man
Well, his stage is back, that's a good sign. He was also one of the fan favorite characters of the first game, so he seems like an unlikely cut.

CatDog
They're massively popular among both NASB fans and Nick fans in general, and cutting them would mean losing an entire series. There's no way they got left out....right?

Hugh
Chance: 99%
I'm convinced the Universe Pack was developed alongside the sequel to some extent, and I highly doubt they'd put all that work into Hugh just to only put him in the first game. Also PapaGenos said he's in.

Abstaining from Helga and Toph because the day is over lol.

Want for all: 100%
They're not all my favorite characters, but cuts are dumb and I don't like them. Everyone should be brought back.
Oh well, on to today.

No Cuts
This is something I deeply worry about. One the one hand, a lot of the remaining unseen characters are very popular and it would be absolutely insane to cut them. On the other, there's no way this game exists without there being a catch. Like, this game is apparently "98% built from scratch" and it looks much better than the first, has revamped stages, movesets, and mechanics, and has a story mode, and apparently has 12 newcomers. Something definitely had to get sacrificed somewhere.

I don't want characters I like to be stuck only being playable in an inferior game. Everyone should come back.

Bubble Bass
Chance: 5%
Yeah, the game has some wacky choices, but we're in DLC mode now, and I don't see this guy getting picked.
"But what about Hugh?"
Hugh had the advantage of actually being a highly requested character, Bubble Bass isn't very requested at all. I'm not saying he's impossible, but I feel like if they wanted the DLC to make money, they'd pick The Money Guy.

Want: 10%
Yeah, no thanks. I don't really hate him or anything, but I'd rather have our next SpongeBob character be someone else like Krabs or even Larry.

Predictions:
Carl: 30%
GIR: 65%

Noms: Miko Kubota

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Concept: No Character Cuts
Chance: 56.71%
Want: 91.66%

Winner of the prediction is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett with 68%! You get 5 Extra Noms!

Bubble Bass
Chance: 17.8%
Want: 39.28%

Previous chance score was a 6.83%. No surprises here! The inclusion of Squidward and Plankton rose confidence in Spongebob side characters now that Krabs is the only one that remains.

Winner of the prediction is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett with 32! You get 5 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Carl Wheezer and GIR (Dog Suit)

Predict Professor Membrane

weezer.jpg

Hope you guys like Wheezer

Chance: 15% -
Jimmy's in the base roaster and more than likely Hugh is coming back, which means Jimmy Neutron as a series is free to do whatever the hell it wants now! Carl placed in the Top 25 on the previous Mega Poll, and everyone loves Jimmy Neutron, so he has a lot of demand on his side. And lets not forget the memes! His only real issues are that the whole base newcomer roster's been revealed (thus I don't see him taking up a heavy-hitter DLC slot) and that his fellow friend Sheen did just as well on the poll (despite all of the Planet Sheen baggage attached to him). Still, maybe if the DLC continues, Carl's one to keep an eye on!

Want: 80% - Now that Jimmy's in I'd be more than down for some comedic Jimmy Neutron picks! Carl's got a lot of hilarious moves in his arsenal, and who WOULDN'T want his final smash attack to be Llamapalooza?! His design is also super goofy, which would be fun to see in NASB2's new animation style! I don't know how I'd feel if he took up a DLC slot if we're only getting four, but if the DLC continues he'd be a super fun candidate!

GIR (Dog Suit)

Chance: 10% -
It really is a toss-up dependent on leaks. PapaGenos saw his model in-game, but we don't know what its purpose is. It could be separate GIR, or it could just be for Zim's Human alt. A lot of Zim fans DO want another rep, but most of it has been centered around Dib and his dad instead.

Want: 5% - I've made my distaste for Invader ZIM pretty clear, so I'm not too interested in it taking up roster slots. GIR does have enough of a kit to be separate from Zim but I really wouldn't mind if they stayed together, especially since alts are so much more complex now he'd be perfect for the Human Zim alt.

Nominations:
Zuko x20

Predictions:
Professor Membrane: 12.65% - Not feeling too confident in him, given that we know the whole base newcomer roster and no Invader Zim characters are in and I don't see him being a heavy-hitter DLC pick.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm gonna sing the doom song now!: 24%
I don't really think the leaks mean anything, could be an alt; could be an EX form for the regular GIR move; so on - however, GIR is a rather bizarre omission all things considered from an objectivity perspective, I'd even argue moreso than Jimmy and Timmy, given how much of a merchandising beast he is for Nick - so I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up in DLC, but there's also very little demand and - if he shows up as a move for Zim, he's probably out of the question.

I was tempted to nominate alternate stage forms, but that's basically confirmed, so all noms for Concept: Reallyjoel's Dad equivalent difficulty

Membrane prediction: 6%

Run Llama Run
Chance: 25%
Now that we have both Jimmy and Hugh, I think it's time for characters outside the Neutron family. To that extent, Carl is high up that list in terms of his chances.

Want: 30%
Sure, I'd want Carl in the game. But at the same time, I would be okay with not having him there. Maybe wait for the next game.

Vocaloid Odie
Chance: 10%
I'm not buying that GIR is in the game as his own character. Hype for a second Zim character is fixated on the Membranes, and GIR's dog suit could just as easily work as an alt costume.

Want: 45%
Why not? I'd be down for GIR as his own slot. Maybe he'd pop out of the turkey for an attack or throw a taco at the opponent.

Nominations:
Concept: Game Show rep x5
Doug Funnie x5

Predictions:
Professor Membrane: 15% - Sure, people want him in more than GIR. But I'm not sure anyone from that series is getting in this game, base roster or DLC.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
QUASO
Want: 5%

We got Jimmy, Hugh's probably safe from any potential cuts, depends on if the devs think JN is enough of a heavy hitter to require a second newcomer, but I think we're more likely to get Sheen or a villain, even with memes on Carl's side.
I personally think Jimbo and Donutboy are enough, I'm not a fan of JN by any means, so I'm probably biased.

SAMMICH!

With the devs telling us that every returning character is getting a moveset overhaul, this potentially leaves GIR wide open to get a moveset of his own without needing to split between playable Dog GIR and Robot GIR being ZIM's puppet. That along with a leaked model with zero context behind what it could be, anything is possible for GIR right now. It was mentioned that "a few of the iconic moves from NASB1 will return" and that could bode poorly for GIR's chances, but with barely any footage of ZIM in action, there's no way to tell.
So everyone here knows me as the Angry Beavers guy, but in all honesty, my absolute favorite Nicktoon character of all is GIR. I've been hoping he'd be playable since the fakeouts in the first trailer and title screen for NASB1. It'd stink to see ZIM lose such a cool move, but I would be completely thrilled to actually get to play as GIR. I'd say I want him more than any of the Membranes, even with Dib and Gaz also being in my 100% Club.

Prof Membrane prediction: 34%

Noms for Stick Stickly

Last edited:
So everyone here knows me as the Angry Beavers guy, but in all honesty, my absolute favorite Nicktoon character of all is GIR.
It helps that Daggett and Zim share a voice actor.

Speaking of Daggett, if the leak was true and the Angry Beavers were another "duo" fighter, exactly how much collateral damage would you cause as a result?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
jimmy i'm out of adderall can you make me some more

Carl's... weird. We've certainly got room to add some of Jimmy Neutron's secondary cast, which of course includes Carl, but also similarly prominent characters like Sheen, Cindy, maybe even Goddard if he doesn't show up in Jimmy's moveset somehow. Him and Sheen are about even in terms of popularity, so in my view, it's pretty much a cointoss between the two if we do get a third Jimmy Neutron character (unless they decide to add someone weird like Willie Loman 3000 or something). Is now the time for another Jimmy Neutron character? Objectively, probably not, but if this game's support goes beyond the four planned DLC fighters, I could see Carl maybe sneaking in.

I said it the first time around, and I'll say it again: I love Carl. I thought he was the funniest Jimmy Neutron character next to Hugh as a kid, and I still do now. What would his moveset be? I dunno, that's the fun part. I simply want to main Carl Wheezer in a fighting game. Can't a guy have that?

WHY IS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP???
Chance: 5%

Yeah... I dunno. We haven't seen Zim's neutral special yet, so it's technically possible GIR's been unshackled from his moveset, but considering how iconic and integral he was to Zim's kit in 1, I doubt he's not back to reprise his role. Does that mean he can't be playable despite that? Not really, but if anything, it's indication that the devs probably think an auxiliary role's fine for GIR right now. The Dog Suit model allegedly leaked by Papa may indicate further plans beyond that, but the fact that he doesn't show up in the leaked promo image tells me he's probably not in the base roster and the Hot Topic mascot outfit might be part of Zim's Human Disguise alt this time. Maybe I'm wrong and the devs are pulling the biggest Jebait of the century right now, but it looks to me like GIR might be a puppet again.

Want: 10%

Like I said last time, I wouldn't complain if they added GIR, but I honestly like him so much as part of Zim's moveset that I do think something of value would be lost if he were retooled into a proper fighter. If Zim gets to keep his neutral special and GIR gets in as a fighter anyway, I won't make a fuss, but I definitely prefer him as the former to the latter.

Professor Membrane Prediction: 21%
I honestly thought this guy was a shoo-in for PapaGenos' "unexpected, but cool" rep.

Noms to Otis

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
boy i hope i got the right character. anyway

Doofus Drake

Chances: 5% i don't see it really. my gut says we're not gonna get many jimmy neutron characters. so wheezer's problem become whether or not he get picked over bringing back hugh. there gonna go with hugh. even if hugh turns out to be in the base game i don't see wheezer being a likely pick for dlc. hence the very low score.

Want: 0% i just don't want him. not that he'd be a bad or uninteresting inclusion i just think there are far more interesting picks in the same series let a lone all of nick. still if he does get in wont object. well i'm not sure there's any nick character i'd actually object to. if anything that makes nasb speculation a lot less tense than smash's.

abstain on gir. any noms go to count duckula

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Oh, ok mrs fritz im boutta head out
Carl is a decently popular newcomer choice, but he's definitely not the only choice. Sheen is definitely up there, too, and they could also end up picking someone else like Cindy or one of the villains. The real question is if we'll even get any more JN newcomers, and I'm not too sure about that. I feel like DLC will focus on bigger series or shows that don't have a character yet. I could be wrong, though.

Want: 30%
Currently, Jimmy Neutron is pretty low on my "shows that need a new character" list. I wouldn't really mind Carl's inclusion, though. He's cool.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m
Chance: Abstain
Well, he allegedly seems to be in the game in some form, but I'm not even gonna try to guess what.

Want: 15%
I don't really hate GIR or anything, I just think any of the Membrane family members would make a better newcomer choice instead. Sorry.

Professor Membrane prediction: 25%
Daily noms go to Miko Kubota

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Carl

Chance - 10% - Carl's a bit of a weird one. Now that Jimmy's in, we don't know where that leaves the next character for the show. Carl's popular, but not super head turning popular. Plus, as much as Planet Sheen made everyone disappointed, Sheen also still has a sizable fan base. I can see it happening, but I think at least for now there is too much competition for him to squeeze in.

Want - 50% - I have no strong feelings about Carl. I don't mind if he got in, but there are several other shows I'd like first.

Girl

Chance - 5% - Gir is arguably the most popular Zim character. The main thing is, Gir already was in the last game as a major part of Zim's moves. As a result, his likelyhood entirely depends on Zim's moveset working without him. If so, he's a shoo-in. I just don't view it as likely.

Want - 60% - Hey, a superdistructive robot has innate appeal, even (or especially) if it comes from a moron. Why not?

Prediction

Prof. Membrane - 8.23% - A cool idea, at least in theory.

Nominations

Sartana of the Dead X All

S

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Carl Wheezer
Chance: 15.71%
Want: 42.14%
Previous chance score was a 12.22%. His score went up slightly thanks to Jimmy's confirmation.

Winner of the prediction is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 16.18%! I get 25 Extra Noms!

GIR (Dog Suit)
Chance: 17.33%
Want: 39.16%
Previous chance score was a 5.94%. The leaks leading to the possibility of a separate playable GIR definitely helped him this time around!

Winner of the prediction is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 29.55%! I get 5 Extra Noms!

DAY OVER

Rate Professor Membrane

Predict Zuko

Professor Membrane

Chance: 10% -
Alongside his son, he has by far the most demand for a second Invader Zim rep. Jokes about NASB's love of dads aside, he's very popular among ZIM fans and has a lot of moveset potential to boot. Plus his demand has gone strong since the first game's early days, so while it wasn't superstar levels I'm sure it caught the devs' attention to some degree. I'm just not sure if he's enough of a heavy hitter to take a DLC slot, if the last game's DLC picks are anything to go by.

Want: 20% - He's a pretty good option if we need another ZIM rep. He's not who I'd choose for a DLC slot, but he's got some great moveset potential and would be a fun addition to the Dad gang NASB has been building up. Plus it means we likely wouldn't get stuck with Gaz, and that's always a plus.

Nominations:
Arnold x10
Lynn Loud Jr. x25
Ronnie Anne Santiago x5

Predictions:
Zuko: 59.27% - The leaks I'm sure will have a negative effect on his scores, though with DLC on the horizon there's still some hope.

Last edited:
NOT SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE
If we were to get a second Zim rep, it's a Membrane or Gir and we already rated the dog suit bot. The issue is, another Zim character isn't really a requirement. There's at least 50 characters that have a greater shot than any Invader Zim newcomer, and some of them are joke characters.

Truth be told, I'd probably want someone other than another IZ fighter, base game or DLC. We already have Rodger Bumpass voicing Squidward, so Professor Membrane's ego is already in the body of an octopus. An already smart animal for its habitat in the real world. I would rather wait until the third installment.

Predictions:
Zuko: 50% - If the roster getting leaked is anything to go by, Zuko could be the next Arnold or Eliza in terms of getting snubbed for someone close to him. If he's not in the DLC pass, then he'll have to settle for more kart racing for a couple years.

Nominations:
Put all my chips on Ed (Good Burger). Since the film's getting a sequel, Papageno's may somehow have his pie-in-the-sky wish granted.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not scientifically possible.... maybe! Probably not at least!: 22%
He's a popular request from a cash cow show we haven't seen anyone new from (for certain) despite demand, and he's a bit of a meme dad - not sure if he's particularly a viable DLC choice financially, but since they're doing mystery passes I don't think that's too big a deal - less a character with a lot going against him and moreso not a lot going for him, especially with the likes of Gir, Dib, and Gaz (these character names sound like pronouns) against him.

Zuko prediction: 67%
Azula is gonna drag down confidence a lot

All noms for Silver Ball

Last edited:
Top Bottom