• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Spear & Fang

Chance: 20%
Primal is an adult animated series made by Genndy Tartakovsky for Adult Swim. Set in prehistoric times, it follows a caveman and a dinosaur who are brought together by tragedy and travel through a brutal and inhospitable world. It received critical acclaim (100% on RT with an average score above 9) and has 2 seasons so far.

The pros are that the show, and Genndy, are fan favorites (in case you're not familiar with his name, he's the guy that did Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, the Clone Wars microseries, Hotel Transylvania... etc.) The show is, well, an action series, in which both Spear and Fang get to show off many creative ways to maim and kill their foes, so moveset potential isn't an issue (if it ever could be for what is likely to be a caveman riding a dinosaur into battle). And apparently Tony Huynh is a fan too, considering the pic that was posted above.

The cons are that it's a pretty recent show, all things considered. The focus of this game seems to be schewing a bit retro, surprisingly enough. If all animation is considered to be in contention against each other, then this unfortunately pits Primal against WB's most iconic roster of characters. Some of them from Genndy himself! Then there's the violence aspect (though I think it could be toned down) and the fact that WB seems to currently hate all their ongoing animation (but a season 3 of Primal is confirmed, and as one of the few superstar animators, Genndy has an overall deal with WB that might insulate him from the treatment his colleagues get).

The biggest point against them, tbh, is that their story seems to be over as of season 2. The show will move onto an anthology format, which is a great call imo. But because of that, I think it's likely that they'll remain the faces of it, and thus they won't be supplanted as reps by some new face. But it is a possibility.

Overall, I think it's a dark horse pick because it has a loud and dedicated fanbase and WB might like to point out that they still finance quality animation.

Want: 100%
If you haven't watched Primal, go do it now. It's just 20 episodes, 20 something minutes each. Go on, I'll wait.

Wasn't that ****ing awesome?!

Primal is both a badass, bare knuckle action/horror show that delights in gore, violence and brutality, while at the same time functioning as a pensive meditation on the horrific effects of suffering and performing violence, especially when the world is rigged to give you no choice. The story is told with no words, just imagery, functioning in a similar way to silent film (or Hitchcock). Plus, the art itself is simply beautiful, with vibrant and colorful backgrounds that never let you forget that despite the danger, the world is still a gorgeous place. This is one of the all time greats.

Beast mode

Chance: 7%
This movie is on my to-watch list, but I believe Ray Harryhausen needs no introduction. And the film's reputation and influence speaks for itself. The main question here is: what could lead the powers that be to include a Kaiju that has little name recognition with the mainstream? Because as much as it pains me to admit, anything from a black and white movie comes with a disadvantage.

Fan demand could be one avenue. Kaiju/toku fans don't have much overlap with modern IP/brand loyal, Ready Player One geekdom. But the moment Godzilla and Kong make this game, that audience could go for more. Even if they don't, there is a case to be made that simply pursuing any Kaiju they can get the licence for would make this the go-to Kaiju fighter, which would make it a must play for any fans of the genre regardless of how vocal they are online. That, I think, is the idea outcome for this character (and also for me, personally).

Not much else to say, other than I think the distinctive style of motion that Harryhausen's effects have would make for a very unique and interesting distinction from other fighters. Kind of like a Mr. Game & Watch.

"Look at GoodGrief, giving perfect scores to characters from films he hasn't seen!" Okay you know what film I have seen recently? Halloween Ends. Clearly I've been making the wrong life choices. Anyway I love Kaiju and Harryhausen is the GOAT and I plan on seeing this movie so whatever.

Noms: half to Spy, half to Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange)

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Geralt of Rivia
Chance: 20%
Want: 61.25%

The Mask
Chance: 38%
Want: 83.75%

I will end the day either tonight or early tomorrow.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate PIkachu from Pokemon, as well as Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.

Some videos to get into the mood to catch em' all:

And here are some videos to get into the mood for a game of thrones:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I don’t Game of Thrones so abstaining on Tyrion

pika pi

Chance: 0%

Pokemon’s a Nintendo franchise and this game isn’t even available on the Switch, you do the math. Regardless of how well big of a role WB had in Pokemon’s western multimedia presence, Nintendo ultimately has the final say and considering this is the same company that turned down Samus in Marvel Ultimate Alliance because the devs used the PS2 version to show her off, and later rejected her being added to Fortnite despite Master Chief and Kratos being added, I doubt they’re gonna wanna play ball with their biggest moneymaker.

Want: 10%

I mean... I love Pokemon and the Pikachu line has always been one of my favorites. I think the little guy’s adorable in the games and the anime! I’ve been replaying Pokemon Yellow recently and I’ve been having a blast with it, mostly because of how cute the partner Pikachu is. Buuuut he’s already in Smash, and while a character being in another crossover wouldn’t usually be a deterrent for me, part of Multiversus’ appeal is having a roster of characters you wouldn’t have a chance of being in Smash, so having Pikachu just feels kinda,,, lame? I wouldn’t be mad or anything, I just wound’t be that excited.

All noms on Edward Malus

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pikapool

Nintendo and TPC are very protective of their brands, often to the point of absurdity. Nintendo have a history of absolutely hating seeing their characters on other systems as was mentioned above with regards to Samus (and Link) being demoed in Marvel Ultimate Alliance... on a PS2 based build and then there's the more recent case where Samus was very heavily leaked for Fortnite which would mean she'd be on other platforms and once again Nintendo said no. If they're like that with Metroid then Pokemon's an absolute no go, even before getting to TPC's own say on the matter.

Want: 30%

Pokemon's a franchise I really love but Pikachu isn't one of my favourites. It'd absolutely be the first Pokemon to get in if that were to somehow happen but I kinda don't care for Pikachu itself. I think the devs could definitely make a moveset that feels different enough to Smash but I'd also rather see something else get given a shot because Pikachu's everywhere, you can kinda expect what it's gonna do.

--

That wizard came from the moon

Chance: 60%

Tyrion Lannister is one of the main characters of Game of Thrones with a large part of the story focused on the Lannister family with Tyrion pulling plenty of strings behind the scenes and eventually arriving on Daenerys' doorstep. In the books Tyrion currently has the most PoV chapters, even moreso than Arya who has her own chapters in every book despite Tyrion not getting nay in Feast for Crows. The main thing is he has to compete with several other characters like Jon Snow, Jaime Lannister, Daenerys, The Hound and Brienne of Tarth to name a few with two of them already having been leaked in some capacity. However I do believe that even in spite of the competition, Tyrion is capable of getting in over some of them and certainly eventually pending any outside issues. A more prime factor against him is that he's far more of a diplomat than a fighter, he has fought but not very often and when he goes the violent route he favours assassination or getting someone else to fight in his stead.

He's a really intriguing and fun character to follow with a few things he could do to carve out his own niche like summoning Oberyn Martell to assist him in battle whilst protecting himself from a distance with a crossbow. He could provide buffs/debuffs based on his devious political side and just generally be a tricky nuisance to get rid of.

Noms:
All on Shang Tsung

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
PIKALADALAW: 2.12%
The case FOR Pikachu's liklihood is kinda obvious, isn't it? Highest grossing media franchise, yadda yadda yadda.

I don't think that Nintendo is necesarilly Pikachu's biggest problem - TPC have historically been a lot more lenient on what platforms Pokémon can appear on compared to Mario or Link, with Pokémon getting apps long before Animal Crossing Pocket Camp; multiple PC games; and even a title on Sega hardware; it's even the only Nintendo IP to get Funko Pops (well, if you ignore their weird EarthBound fluke from a few years back) - if any Nintendo property could make it into MVS, it's Pokémon, hell I could imagine a Pokémon being the way MVS is announced for Switch - HOWEVER, I do still think Nintendo would be a problem for Pokémon - we have still never seen Pokémon on PS; Xbox; or Steam (discounting movies and TV shows which - well, duh. That's how film distribution works)

What is Pikachu's biggest problem then? Competition. There are almost 1000 Pokémon, and even just the amount of significantly popular ones is in the 100s. Gengar, Eevee, Lucario, Mewtwo, Charizard - there are so many (mostly from Gen 1) that would be much more interesting to have than Pikachu, sure Pikachu hasn't been absent from a crossover yet, but Pokémon is so big now that it doesn't really need him. Charizard is just as big a money maker as the rat

I have no clue how MVS is tackling the concept of "Warner Bros. connection" - it appears that for now they're focusing on WB, and don't get me wrong - WB (specifically Kids' WB and Cartoon Network) is a huge part of Pokémon's international success, there is no disputing this - but nobody is really emotionally connected to the Pokémon-Warner Bros. bond like they are say, the Nintendo-Rareware bond or the Xbox-Bungie bond, right? If Detective Pikachu managed to spawn a franchise I think I'd be able to make more of a case for Pikachu's liklihood, but alas.

And finally, the giant glove in the room: Smash. There are rumours of Nintendo taking issue with non-Smash platform fighters, but I've never found any concrete proof of this, just theories and baseless allegations. Considering Lego Brawls was in a Nintendo Direct I don't think they have a problem with the wider genre, but they may want to avoid associating with the game that's gotten the closest to that coveted "Smash killer" title or just avoid "cross-contamination" with it like they supposedly wanted to avoid by not allowing Mario in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

All noms for 7 Grand Dad references

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ryan Reynolds

lol no

Want: 0%
I love Pikachu as much as any person on this forum probably does. And I am a fan of Pokemon, even if I haven't played a mainline game since Y (spin-offs are more of my jam). So this 0% doesn't come from a place of dislike for the franchise. It's just... why? Smash exists and is the definitive representation of Pokemon in a platform fighter. It's not like, say, Sonic who has a very underwhelming moveset. Pokemon is perfectly represented, stage-wise, music-wise. Hell, the PokeBall item (aka the Assist Trophy's less popular sibling) has been constantly repping the stable of Pokemon beyond the small selection of fighters. And speaking of fighters, barring my gripes with the selection, implementation is (mostly) great. Pikachu is an incredibly fun to play character in Smash, and is kinda archetypal at that. How many platform fighters have a character that plays similarly to Smash Pikachu? The devs could try to make something new and different, sure, but top Smash? I don't know. And I don't imagine anyone would want to try and invite that comparison. I think it's just more interesting to do characters that haven't been done before in the genre.

I drink and I know things

Chance: 6%
Tyrion Lannister is one of the main characters in Game of Thrones (and the Song of Ice and Fire saga it's based on). He is the youngest son of Tywin Lannister and sibling to Cersei and Jaime. Often ridiculed for his dwarfism, and unable to adapt to the rigid medieval society of Westeros, he was forced to become a brilliant schemer and political strategist, working behind the scenes to rein in his family's often atrocious impulses while also trying to make a life for himself.

Tyrion is one of the most popular characters in the franchise, thanks to his sarcastic and witty sense of humor, intelligence that surpasses most other characters, and tragic storyline. Peter Dinklage (who holds the record for most nominations and most wins for Best Supporting Actor at the Emmies for this role) brings the perfect combo of moral ambiguity, Shakespearian loquaciousness, gravitas, and sheer charisma, making Tyrion one of the most legendary performances in all of television (The Laws of Gods and Men is unforgettable).

Yet, for all of Tyrion's pros, there is one major con in his way: he is not really a fighter. He does canonically fight, and has the scars to prove it, but it's not his strong suit. Game of Thrones is full of fan favorites and most of them are capable combatants, which kind of stacks the odds against Tyrion (even moreso when you add House of the Dragon to the mix, in which 90% of important characters ride dragons). Game of Thrones could get many characters. Or it could just add one more iconic face (Daenerys, most likely) and call it good enough. We don't know.

I think I've gushed enough about Tyrion and Dinklage already. He's not even my favorite character (that honor goes to Davos - as you can see, I favor brains over brawn in Westeros) but his impact is undeniable. If they can manage to come up with a moveset that represents his personality and strengths faithfully, I'm all for it.

Noms: in order to celebrate James Gunn being the new head of DC Studios, I will do something quite stupid that will probably take me way too long
Bloodsport x4
Ratcatcher II x4
Polka-Dot Man x4
King Shark x4
Rick Flag x4

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I am now back, I just got burnt out from rating characters but here we go.

Pikachu (Pokémon)

Chance: 1%

Hey, it's better than 0%, right? Anyway, as most are aware, Pokémon is the HIGHEST-GROSSING multimedia franchise in the world. Quite a huge statement for such a big franchise. Pokémon has also been known for its connection to Warner Bros. I do remember the first three Pokémon movies were distributed on home video via Warner Home Video along with the Mewtwo Returns movie. Detective Pikachu was also distributed by WB in theaters. But, the movie has not taken off into a bigger movie franchise yet so that case is rested.

Plus, the fact that Pokémon is technically a Nintendo IP (Game Freak has full ownership so its a second party), Nintendo may not want any of their characters in MultiVersus. HOWEVER...if there were to be a Switch port of MultiVersus which is gonna happen in the future...we cna maybe get a console exclusive character but that is EXTREMELY unlikely due to the fact that console exclusive characters would cause division amongst the playerbase playing on different consoles. If there were to be characters tied to any specific console in MultiVersus, Master Chief and Kratos are more likely due to the fact they appeared in Fortnite despite being owned by Microsoft and Sony respectively.

Want: 5%

I mean...a Pokémon rep would be cool to see. But....Pikachu would not be my first choice. I would instead want a character tied to the anime more than the games as that is how I first came to like Pokémon. I personally would want to see Team Rocket's Meowth more than Pikachu in MultiVersus to be honest. I just feel its more of the anime than the games that are connected to WB. And, besides, there are more third party brands I would rather see get content in MultiVersus besides Pokémon. If Pikachu gets in....cool for the Smash overlap and to see how Tony Hyunh would craft a moveset for the little yellow rat but I would rather have a more out-there pick or another third-party brand get their shot into MultiVersus.

Abstaining from Tyrion Lannister.

Nominations:

Sesame Street Content x5
Penelope Pitstop (Wacky Races) x5

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hey you Pikachu!

Chances- 0.01%

Yeah I expected all of these zeros. Pokemon does have reasonable links to WB. The Pokemon anime was part of the Kids WB block and aired regularly on Cartoon Network until the 2010s. WB also was responsible for localizing the first three Pokemon movies. They were even the lead studio behind the Detective Pikachu film. So what's causing the hangup? Nintendo and The Pokemon Company. Nintendo might support crossplay between consoles, but they don't let their IPs leave their systems. Yes Pokemon was the first Nintendo IP to enter the mobile phone market, but it hasn't ventured beyond that. While it's possible that Pikachu could make it into MultiVerses, that would required the game to come to the Switch and even then the chances of that happening are EXTREMELY low.

Want- 5%

I grew up with Pokemon. I just don't care for Pikachu and I'm the guy who nominated it!

Abstaining from rating Tyrion. Once again it is due to me not watching Game of Thrones.

My noms:
Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann) x10
Aquaman x5

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Tyrion not familiar on Game of Thrones.

Pikachu

Chance- 0.5%
TPC is rather of their products. Despite Pikachu being an icon, Nintendo isn't really in to putting characters in crossover games that is cross platform. Although there is an off chance Pikachu might appear as a Switch exclusive character.

Want- 5%
One of my least wanted Pokemon. If a Pokemon rep somehow appears in Multiversus I prefer someone like Darkrai.

Noms
Jaune Arc- x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Tyrion Lannister

Abstain: I already said i never will watch game of thrones but would maybe look into it a little but i’m gonna choose to abstain on lannister, i imagine he would be one of the characters who have a good chance of getting this though i feel we shouldn’t get too much game of thrones characters

That and i’m kinda just moody from the pikachu stuff here(i'm gonna regret this later).

“Pika Pik-a!”-Pikachu from Pikachu's Jukebox
Pikachu
His Theme: Gotta Catch Em' All from Pokemon: The Series
Alt Theme: We All Live, In The Pokemon World from Pokemon: The Series

5%: Pokemon, the most well known video game series of them all and one of nintendo’s biggest.

The series has a lot of stuff over the years due to it’s status and it did share history with Warner Brothers before with Cartoon Network, Kids WB, and having them work for Detective Pikachu.

The one thing that comes to mind though is the owners of pokemon and what pikachu’s chances are.
The obvious thing from this is the parent company Nintendo, nintendo has allowed crossplay with a lot of the online games ported on their nintendo switch with companies such as Microsoft & Sony letting Xbox and Playstation characters appear on their consoles, but nintendo hasn’t shown to do this with their characters and it’s possible they might not want to do it.

However most of these are wild speculation and possibly theories, while the idea is very possible that doesn’t mean it’s completely true.

50%: i would be against this originally if multiversus was made during the time Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS was around, but after Ultimate and Now This Game with Iron Giant i don’t think i’d mind if Pikachu gets in, it may be impossible but if it does then great.

Also, Pikachu was one of my favorite characters playing in smash bros, and considering his legacy i think he should be the best representative for it.

Nominating
Evangelion
Simon the Digger

Edit at 10/27/22 at 10:31 PM: Added the source to Pikachu's Quote to show the reference to were it's from.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Rhedosaurus
Chance: 11.75%
Want: 68.75%

Spear & Fang
Chance: 61.25%
Want: 67.50%

Noms List

75+

50-74

25-49
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Craig Williams x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Concept: Any Roster Overlap With Smash x25
Edward Malus x25

1-24
Evangelion character x24
Simon the Digger x23
Sesame Street content x23
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x23
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content x21
Gilligan x20
Aquaman x20
Regular Show characters x18
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) x15
Leonidas x15
Tales From The Crypt content x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Maddie Kim (Pantheon) x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x10
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x10
Yogi Bear x10
Shang Tsung x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Jaune Arc x9
Snow Miser x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Penelope Pitstop x2
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Pikachu is the face of the biggest media franchise, so he should be likely right?

zeroes across the board

surprise Pikachu face

Chance: 0.10%

Yeah I do not have any counterpoints to the reasons why Pokemon wouldn't happen. The only things I can say is that Warner Bros does have a pretty strong connection to the brand with the anime airing on Cartoon Network for a long time and Detective PIkachu being distributed by Warner Bros. Plus it would be a huge get for Warner Bros. But yeah, even though Nintendo doesn't fully own Pokemon, it's still relatively stuck in their domain. I get WarioWarioWario's argument, and that's the reason why this ain't a flat out zero, but there's a reason why Smash is Pokemon's only crossover. The Pokemon Company is clearly very protective of the brand and with Nintendo not allowing Samus in Fortnite (plus with MultiVersus not being on the Switch), these are two huge hurdles. Also, even if Warner Bros is able to get the IP holders to cooperate by some miracle, Pikachu isn't the guaranteed option. Sure he's the face of the series, but there are other wildly popular Pokemon as well such as Charizard, Mewtwo, Gengar, Lucario, Greninja, etc.

Want: 60%

I feel I have to repeat here that I'm much more lenient with want scores than I am with something like Smash. This score is mostly just for the "holy **** they did it" factor and the reactions Pikachu would get from the rest of the cast. Plus with how different MultiVersus is with the emphasis on team play, it would be neat to see how Pikachu translates to the game. But yeah, this would be far from the most exciting inclusion. Pikachu is already in a platform fighter, and it's not like Pokemon's content in Smash is lacking either. One of the things I like about MultiVersus the most is seeing how characters like Shaggy, Velma, The Iron Giant and the Gremlins translate to a fighting game. So Pikachu would be underwhelming in that regard.

Tyrian Callows....oh wait I got the first name mixed up

Chance: Abstain

I've never watched Game of Thrones so I don't have a good reference for what the priority of characters would be outside of Jon Snow and Daenerys. I would do research but this is a very spoilery series and I don't want to dig too deep and spoil myself since I do want to get into the show someday; it's just not a priority right now.

Want: 55%

Tyrion sounds like a very entertaining character, props to the people above who sold him very well. While I don't know a lot about Game of Thrones, it does have that high pedigree to the point where I think it deserves at least a couple more reps.

Noms: Tales From The Crypt x15

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Abstaining on Rat. I feel like everything's already been said at this point (and I do not see it).

PETER DINKLAGE

Chance: 50%
Although Tyrion is one of the more important and popular characters, I feel his chances could go either way. It depends entirely on how many Game of Thrones characters they add. The internal data implies we'll see Daenerys and The Hound later down the line so if we get a fourth Thrones character, Tyrion would be one of the front runners. I'm just not sure they'd go that far.

Want: 95%
Mostly for the actor and less for the character sense I'm not too familiar with Thrones beyond the first book. I dunno if they'd actually be able to get Dinklage, but Arya Stark is voiced by her actress so it's not impossible. Tyrion Lannister is probably the closest we could ever get to Miles Finch being in Multiversus (even if WB owns Elf) so it'd be pretty cool if they gave Tyrion his iconic dropkick.

The live action characters are also the more interesting and funny inclusions to me so he'd be great for that alone.

Noms:
All on Edward Malus

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Who's that Pokemon?

Pikachu Chance: 1%

Pikachu is great and all, and there really is no question whether he'd do well in a platform fighter. However, Pikachu is staunchly a Nintendo and The Pokemon Company character. The Pokemon anime has been distributed by Warner Bros, but game rights are a whole different ball game, and Nintendo isn't known for playing nice when it comes to crossovers outside their own platforms

Want: 25%
We already have Pikachu in smash bros, so having him also be in MV would be a bit redundant. They could make a completely new moveset for him, but I'd much rather have a character that has no prior platform fighter appearances.

His power is to drink and know things

Tyrion Chance: 55%

Tyrion Lannister is one of the most popular characters in Game of Thrones and a mainstay throughout the series, so there's a pretty decent chance he'd make an appearance. The only reason I placed him so low was because he has steep competition from other GoT characters with more combat ability like Jon Snow, Daenerys (with her dragons), and Sandor Clegane.

Tyrion Want: 65%
I like Tyrion as a character, though I feel like I'd like more combative GoT characters, though he'd probably work as a support character. He could buff his opponents using strategies (maybe giving them the big-head buff like Velma), and perhaps set traps and debuff enemies using indirect attacks or insults. Some of his main attacks could be him using a crossbow or setting off a cache of wildfire.

Noms: Sesame Street Content

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond, as well as Bob Odenkirk, known for his HBO show, Mr. Show With Bob And David.

Some videos to get into the mood to go beyond Batman:

And here are some videos to get into the comedy mood:

Keep in mind that for Bob Odenkirk, we are specifically rating him under the assumption he will play as himself, or the semi-fictionalized version of himself from the HBO show.

D

Deleted member

I haven't been here in a little bit
Been a little worn out with writing, but I'm gonna try and get back into the groove.

Chance- 70% (this is a general rating, counting both him appearing as a skin and his own spot)
Batman Beyond is a very fondly remembered show. Set in the future, the show featured a new character taking on the Batman mantle, taking on a mix of orignal villains and takes on classic Batman rouges. The Beyond universe has lived on in comics. This game has been leanign heavily into the DCAU, with the designs and voices they've chosen for the characters, and the roumored inclusions of characters like Static Shock. Now the biggest thing Terry has going against him is that he's another Batman. We've still yet to get DC characters like Flash, Aquaman, Robin / Nightwing, any of the Lanterns. Even in Batman characters he has to contend with the other Bat Family members, Joker and other villians. There's a long waiting list. However. I think Terry is extremely likely for another role. This game makes money off of selling skins for the characters. We already have a few skins that turn the characters into other characters with their own voicelines, with Shaggy's uncle Shagsworthy and Jake's Cake. More have been found in the files, including Fiona for Jake, the Brain Gremlin for Stripe, and Nubia for Wonder Woman. This would be the perfect role for Terry. Beyond pretty much allways shows up whenever a Batman or DC game game has skins. Terry does have different proportions to Bruce, but I think they could work around this. I'd say a Beyond skin is up there with a Bizarro skin for Superman in terms of obvious picks.

csp96jdqcg491.jpg

However. Tony did state on twitter that he would like to make Terry his own character. This doesn't confirm that this is definitely what will happen. I still personally feel some sort of deluxe skin is the most likely outcome. But it definitely shows that Terry being his own character is on the cards. You could definitely make a moveset for him, leaning more into the high tech side of things. If the game goes on long enough then I could see them being okay with including Terry. Another idea I've seen is the possibility future inclusion of echo fighters, something that has been theorised about due to Nubia appearing alongside the normal fighters in the files, but we don't really have anything to say such a feature is in the works.

I think some kind of Batman Beyond rep, be it as a skin or character, is very likely.

Want - 50%

I have a lot of love for the Batman Beyond cartoon. It takes a concept that feels like it should be kind of hack and lame and makes it work. I adore the DCAU in general. Terry is a great character. But I don't really need him as his own character. You could definitely make him work on his own. And I wouldn't be mad if he did get his own spot. I just think a skin, or perhaps some kind of echo fighter type thing, would be a good outcome.

Noms to Omar Little (the Wire)

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pikachu
Chance: 0.97%
Want: 21.11%

Tyrion Lannister
Chance: 42.75%
Want: 83%

Pikachu is the first character to get less than 1% for chance, and thus is the least likely character.

Noms List

75+

50-74

25-49
Edward Malus x45
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Sesame Street content x38
Simon the Digger x38
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content x36
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Craig Williams x30
Tales From The Crypt content x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Evangelion character x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Concept: Any Roster Overlap With Smash x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x23
Gilligan x20
Shang Tsung x20
Jaune Arc x19
Regular Show characters x18
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) x15
Leonidas x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Maddie Kim (Pantheon) x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x10
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x10
Yogi Bear x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Bloodsport x4
Ratcatcher II x4
Polka Dot Man x4
King Shark x4
Rick Flag x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Bob Opendirk
Abstain: i don't think i remember watching Bob's show, or recall anything he's been in.

I didn't have time to research either due to choosing to focus on other stuff(albeit more distracting things).

"Your pretty strong, for some clown who thinks he's batman"-Mr. Fixx
"I Am Batman!"
Terry McGinnis
His Theme: Theme of Batman Beyond

60%: Batman Beyond is one of the animated series' featuring the dark knight, only this time it brings in a new character taking the wing of undercover hero of gotham in a futuristic timeline.

the show was introduced to the dc comics later on, a book based on the movie, a couple of appearances & cameos in DC games(including it's own game), and a animated short at Wondercon.

Considering those Batman Beyond was a pretty popular & well known show for batman which could be something it could get represented for the game,
So far, Tony HJugh did mention that if Terry were to get in the game he'd want him to be his own character to differentiate from batman rather than a costume, a alternate outfit of terry's suit for bruce would also be good but if it's mcginnis himself then he'd either have to fight on his own with gadgets different enough from bruce or be an echo fighter who plays similarily but with a few acceptions.

59%: I remember seeing a couple of episodes in small moments of Batman Beyond when it was airing on The Hub Network and The Movie on Cartoon Network, My brother watched the show and loved it.

I wouldn't mind seeing terry get in, but if he receives his own slot i wish to see him fought a bit differently to contrast himself from bruce, but at the same time i do not wish to see DC get bloated with too many characters since it wouldn't go well with the community or even me.

Nominations
Maddie Kim
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Abstaining on Robert Odenkirk because I know nothing about Mr. Show, but if this is the closest thing we can get to Saul Goodman, then **** it, put him in the game!

Terrance McGinnis

Chance: 60%
With Batman Beyond being among the most beloved animated Batman entries, any sort of representation for Multiversus seems pretty likely. The only question is whether or not we'd see Terry as a skin for Batman or as his own character. Terry's chances hinge on whether or not they'd be willing to do clone/echo fighters for characters with similar abilities, but have just enough differences to justify making them separate fighters. If that's in the books, then Terry is probably among the most likely candidates for that sort of thing. He has a lot of the same tools as Bruce, but his fighting style is unique enough to where it's not totally 1:1 with his predecessor. If echoes aren't something they plan to prioritize, then I don't really see them adding another Batman as a unique fighter.

Want: 50%
I mean I'd totally be down! Batman Beyond was great, definitely tied with Justice League for my second favorite DCAU series, right behind the original Animated Series. I love the spin it puts on the established Batman mythos and Terry himself is a great successor to Bruce. That said, I'm not exactly chomping at the bits for a second version of Batman when we still haven't seen a good chunk of the caped crusader's rogues gallery yet. As things currently stand, I'd rather see Terry as a skin rather than his own slot. Regardless of how it gets in, Batman Beyond is Epic and I'll gladly welcome any representation for it.

All noms on Edward Malus

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Greatest Show Man

Mr. Show is a sketch comedy show that aired on HBO in the late 90s. In it, comedians Bob Odenkirk (nowadays best known for his role as Saul Goodman) and David Cross (the bald guy from Alvin and the Chipmunks) were the hosts that introduced the sketches as semi-fictionalized versions of themselves. The show ran for 4 seasons and won a couple of awards so I guess you could say it was successful. Still, this is kind of a stretch. It's obscure as heck these days. While LeBron proves real characters are fair game, there's a bit of a difference between the star of a 2021 would-be blockbuster and the co-lead of a 30-year old comedy show.

If they were willing to pay Odenkirk for his likeness, and he were to agree, I think they'd just shell out whatever extra was required to get Saul Goodman. Walter White is a massive request for this game and Saul can't be too far behind. I can't see them going through the trouble of getting an actor from the BrBa-verse and not following through.

Now if this was a concept for any content, the score would be higher, because from what I gather about the show, David and Bob as announcers would make sense and seems cheaper and more easily doable than a fighter.

Want: 0%
I love Bob Odenkirk but I'm just not familiar with this show.

Terry Bogard- wait no wrong game

Chance: 40%
Batman Beyond is one of those shows that needs no introduction. It's like a sacred cow, everyone loves it and loves to sing its praises. With reason, too! The way it depicted a future Gotham and gave us a sort of bleak epilogue to the characters from TAS was badass (and, in the age of the legacy sequel, ahead of its time).

Terry is, well, Batman, but a very distinct incarnation of the character looks-wise, personality-wise and gear-wise. I don't think he works as a variant anymore than you could model swap the Arkham Knight Batmobile with the Adam West version of it. The devs apparently agree.

The good news is that clearly they have given Terry thought and consideration. The bad news is that, well, brand new fighters cost more time and money and effort. What could have been a kickass "make a skin and have everyone praise us" effort now has to contend against, well, everyone, but particularly most of DC's stable of characters. Most of the Justice League isn't in, let alone famous villains or other leads of the DCEU. Speaking of, Terry's unique position makes it a question whether he could get the same synergy boost that gave us Black Adam (and will likely give us Flash, Aquaman, Shazam and Blue Beetle next year, and Joker whenever Folie a Deux comes out). Terry has briefly shown up in the comics, but he's mainly just a Batman Beyond character: you use him if you're adapting the story. A live-action Batman Beyond adaptation starring Michael Keaton as Batman has been a pipe dream for many (including myself) and lo and behold, Keaton is reprising the cowl. However, it's worth noting that reportedly, the ill-fated Batgirl was supposed to kinda crib the Batman Beyond storyline (minus the cyberpunk future setting, and Terry himself). That movie won't be coming out, and was made in a time where the owner of WB and the head of DC were different people than they are today. James Gunn is pretty savvy with fans, and David Zaslav gives zero ****s about being respectful to Batgirl, so does that mean that a true-to-the-text Batman Beyond movie is in the cards? Or is the well poisoned by the Batgirl debacle? We can't be certain, unfortunately.

Still, this is just a matter of priority. A Batman Beyond movie would help speed up the timeline, but I have little doubt that eventually, a fan favorite like Terry (that the devs have already mentioned publicly) will make it in. Consider the low score a reflection of his odds in the near to mid-future, because as we all know, on a long enough timeline... well, we reach the time of Batman Beyond.

Noms: Bloodsport
Ratcatcher
Polka-Dot Man
King Shark
Rick Flag

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
i'm just gonna say that i nominated this because if we can't talk about Saul Goodman (the greatest legal mind i ever knew), the next best thing would be nominating his actor. i'm not particularly invested in the man himself

back into the aether i go

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
i'm just gonna say that i nominated this because if we can't talk about Saul Goodman (the greatest legal mind i ever knew), the next best thing would be nominating his actor. i'm not particularly invested in the man himself

back into the aether i go
Are you going to leave a rating then? Because I'm going to end the day very soon (sometime in the morning).

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Are you going to leave a rating then? Because I'm going to end the day very soon (sometime in the morning).
sure i guess

HE DEFECATED IN A SUNROOF DOWN BY THE RIVER

Chance - 10% Like I said, this was mostly a way to trojan horse a discussion on Saul Goodman, due to various rules in place for this thread. Rules that the actual game has no need to skirt around. Therefore there isn't much of a need to add Bob Odenkirk the actor. Due to the insane fan demand I genuinely think Walter While will happen, and if we are to get a second Methverse rep (something I find likely due to most series getting multiple characters) Jimmy McGill is the obvious choice due to having his own show and being quite different from the meth-based playstyle characters like Jesse or Gus would have. There's no chance that Bob himself would get in before Saul. That being said, I do think there's a potential avenue that could lead to Bob's addition. Odenkirk has a great history of comedy (as both an actor and a writer), and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little disappointed that most people only know him as Better Call Saul. While he's sorting out the Saul addition (either voicing him himself or approving the use of his image), I could see him think "hey, didn't i have an HBO show in the 90's? Why not add me as well?" and then they do it. We end up getting both Goodman and his actor. Of course this is a very specific chain of events that hinges on Odenkirk actually caring about this game, so it can't be too high but it's worth considering.

Want - 60%. While this started out as a simple way to talk about Saul Goodman and make Breaking Bad memes, it made me learn more about Odenkirk's career-and it makes me respect him even more. My reference to "van down by the river" in the opening wasn't a non-sequitur. Do you know this iconic SNL skit, potentially considered the best in the show's history (or at least tied with Elon Wario?)
It was written by Odenkirk. He's not a one trick pony, and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing his other talents given the spotlight - of course alongside Saul, not without him.

Noms: the one guy that Bryan Cranston plays in Godzilla 2014 Concept: a Clone High character x max

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
sure i guess

HE DEFECATED IN A SUNROOF DOWN BY THE RIVER

Chance - 10% Like I said, this was mostly a way to trojan horse a discussion on Saul Goodman, due to various rules in place for this thread. Rules that the actual game has no need to skirt around. Therefore there isn't much of a need to add Bob Odenkirk the actor. Due to the insane fan demand I genuinely think Walter While will happen, and if we are to get a second Methverse rep (something I find likely due to most series getting multiple characters) Jimmy McGill is the obvious choice due to having his own show and being quite different from the meth-based playstyle characters like Jesse or Gus would have. There's no chance that Bob himself would get in before Saul. That being said, I do think there's a potential avenue that could lead to Bob's addition. Odenkirk has a great history of comedy (as both an actor and a writer), and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little disappointed that most people only know him as Better Call Saul. While he's sorting out the Saul addition (either voicing him himself or approving the use of his image), I could see him think "hey, didn't i have an HBO show in the 90's? Why not add me as well?" and then they do it. We end up getting both Goodman and his actor. Of course this is a very specific chain of events that hinges on Odenkirk actually caring about this game, so it can't be too high but it's worth considering.

Want - 60%. While this started out as a simple way to talk about Saul Goodman and make Breaking Bad memes, it made me learn more about Odenkirk's career-and it makes me respect him even more. My reference to "van down by the river" in the opening wasn't a non-sequitur. Do you know this iconic SNL skit, potentially considered the best in the show's history (or at least tied with Elon Wario?)
It was written by Odenkirk. He's not a one trick pony, and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing his other talents given the spotlight - of course alongside Saul, not without him.

Noms: the one guy that Bryan Cranston plays in Godzilla 2014 Concept: a Clone High character x max
a Clone High Character, even though JFK is gonna get talked about.

D

Deleted member

Guess I'll rate Bob too

Chance- 0%
I understand why this was nominated. Bob Odenkirk is an actor and comedian who starred in the surreal comedy sketch show Mr. Show with Bob and David, alongside David Cross. The series ran on HBO in the 90s for four seasons. It won awards and was popular enough to get a movie and a live show. It features appearances ftom performers who would go on to be huge, like Jack Black and Sarah Silverman. It would later be picked up by Netflix in the 2010s and would be given a spiritual sequal, with Bob and David. Odebkirk then went on to bigger things, most notably his portrayal of Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad and his titular spin off, Better Call Saul. And that's the reason this was even nominated. I can't see this. Mr. Show is fondly removed but is not exactly a hot property right now. A new season seems unlikely due to Odenkirk enjoying a lot more success as an actor post BCS (he's roumored to be joining the MCU soon). Plus the most recent version of this show wasn't even on HBO. If we did get a character from this show, it would likely be Bob and David as a character from a sketch. But I don't think that's likely. A surreal sketch comedy doesn't feel like the first place they'd pull from for fighters.

Want - 1%
I'm a fan of Odenkirk. He's a great actor, comedian and by all accounts, a great guy. But I don't really need this. I've seen some clips, but don't have any real attachment to this show. There are a lot more other characters I'd want. I'd honestly prefer they just do Saul. But it seems funny and this whole concept made me laugh so I didn't give it a zero.

Any noms I earned from that go to Concept: Venture Brothers rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Terry Maguire

Chance: 55%

Yeah I'm conflicted on this. Terry could easily work as either a unique fighter or variant. Although Tony did mention in the above tweet that he would want to make him unique. But that brings up the issue of priority that GoodGrief explained with so many iconic DC characters not in the game yet. Eventually I do see Terry getting into the game as Batman Beyond is such a beloved series. But seeing as how he only makes occasional appearances in the comics and minor cameos in shows and games, that does bring up doubt in regards to him becoming playable anytime soon.

Want: 55%

I haven't gotten the chance to watch Batman Beyond yet. I want to get through all of Batman TAS first but as for first impressions, I do like Terry's design and seeing some of his fight scenes sold me. It's just that we currently have a lot of DC characters and while Terry could definitely be unique, I'd prefer other characters like Aquaman or Poison Ivy, for example, who could bring more variety to the table.

Mr. Show with oden (captain) kirk

Chance: 15%

Mr Show with Bob and David is a relatively successful series with 4 seasons, a revival series (W/Bob and David) plus some spinoffs, and it has been nominated for multiple Emmy Awards. The show has also apparently inspired other comedies and Bob Odenkirk here has made appearances in other comedy and sitcom shows for Warner Bros television. So there is a decent connection here between Odenkirk and WB and if the devs look at their comedy catalog, they probably would consider Odenkirk. The only major problem is the caveat I created at the beginning of this day. If Warner Bros wanted to get the rights to Bob's likeness, they may very well go the extra mile and get the rights to Saul Goodman while they are at it. It's also possible that maybe they don't go that route, it's kind of hard to tell since (aside from LeBron James who is in a similar spot to Odenkirk) we haven't gotten any third party characters yet so we don't have a grasp of what their budget range is.

Want: 50%

I've never watched this show before so I can't comment. But I did get some giggles out of the clips so I think he would be funny.

Noms: Tales From The Crypt x10

Day over.

Rate John F. Kennedy from Clone High, as well as Chowder, from the Cartoon Network series of the same name.

Some videos to get into the animated historical figure mood:

And here are some videos to get into the 4th wall breaking mood:

Clone High's revival is gonna be broadcasted on HBO.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
26.50%
Chowder is a legacy Cartoon Network character with no future revival plans, and this game is not Punch Time Explosion 2. He has a cult following, he has memes, but he just doesn't have relevancy. There's no new Chowder shows or merchandise in development, what advantage is there to including the prodigal chef over Craig or the Bare Bears? If you want to please older CN fans, then why a cult classic from the channel's "dark age" over an iconic generation-defining character like Courage, the Eds, or Dexter?

I really hate to bring this up, given that it's something I often see the show exclusively lumped as and nothing else and not what I'd want his moveset to be based on, but I think one of Chowder's biggest advantages chance-wise is his 4th wall breaking. If they wanted to have a character who could pick up his percentage and throw it at foes, Chowder is a top contender. It'd be a shame if he fought with that instead of wacky meals and gastronomical reactions to them, but it is what it is.

I think he may also have to compete with giga-stud Mung Daal and all his BNE (Big Nose Energy), but not enough to heavily effect his chance score, especially giving MVS' doubling down on duos (plus big-nosed meme dads sidelining their protags is more the other game's thing)

As she did once air on CN and WB have distributed some of her DVDs, all noms towards Peppa Pig

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS TO THE KENNEDYS

Chance: 10%

As you'd expect from a nearly 20 year old MTV cartoon with only one season, Clone High has always been more of a cult show than anything. It's gained a bigger following in recent years thanks to its meme status and announcement of a second season, but it's faaaaar from the biggest animated adult property WB has their hands on when you look at Adult Swim's backlog. There's also the factor of Viacom still owning the rights to Clone High and MTV still producing the upcoming season. HBO Max is merely serving as its streaming home and it's unknown how much stake WB actually has in the IP right now. I guess it depends on if the Multiversus team wants a promotional pick for season two and MTV/Viacom is willing to play ball with the Clone High characters. Which I don't think is super likely, but not impossible.

In the scenario that Viacom gives them the greenlight to add a Clone High rep, the question is now if they would go with JFK specifically. After all, he's not the main character (Abe), or even the only consistently memed character (Ghandi). But if we're looking at it in terms of who's the most fesable and recognizable... yeah it has to be JFK. This man's face and voice has been plastered all over the internet to the point that people who haven't even seen the show could quote some of his iconic lines. And while you could argue that Ghandi has the same recognizability factor, it's uncertain if he's even going to return in season 2 due to him being part of the reason the show got cancelled in the first place. It definitely doesn't hurt that JFK would arguably lend himself well to a fighting game, with him being the sporty jock type who gets into all sorts of wacky situations across the show's 13 episodes.

The second I realized the Clone High continuation was being handled by HBO Max was the moment I realized I needed JFK in this game. I ****ing looooooooove Clone High. I love just about anything Phil Lord and Chris Miller touch, and you can definitely see their DNA in Clone High's excellent writing and sense of humor. And yes, JFK is my favorite character. He's easily got the most quotable lines in the entire show and he's super fun to impersonate. Assuming they don't just recycle voice clips, he would easily have the best voice lines and character interactions in the game. He's no slouch in the moveset department either with his love for athletics and other memorable moments. I just think it'd be fun to have this meathead jock fighting against DC superheroes, magic space rocks, and real-life basketball player Lebron James. He at least needs a "NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS TO THE KENNEDYS" side special.

So er uh, yeah. JFK is cool and needs to be in the game.

Gonna add my write-up for Chowder later, just wanted to get my thoughts on JFK out of the way since I was the one pushing for him.

Noms: Half on Edward Malus, half on Concept: Venture Bros. Rep

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on JFK, I've heard of Clone High before but not enough info on the series itself outside of a revival coming.

Chowder
Chance- 40%

Chowder and his series it self has notable amount of following. Him not being big compared to his other CN characters kind of tanked his chance a little.

Want- 50%
I don't particularly care about him and his series in general. I do prefer Chowder over some potential picks of CN.

Noms-
Jaune Arc- x10

Top Bottom