• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Important announcement everyone.

The moment of truth has come. I have now finished the list of every character we've ever rated, along with their scores. You can find the list on the first page of this thread, at the top of the first post. It is collapsed.

I have also put together a list of the top 10 in chance and want. It is collapsed as well, right next to the character list. But for convenience, I will put the list here as a little celebration. I would wait until Day 100, but this has already been a long time coming. Nonetheless, I present to you all the top characters of this thread:

Top 10 of Chance:
  1. Joker (DC)
  2. Raven (DC)
  3. Daffy Duck
  4. Neo
  5. Static (DC)
  6. Concept: Animaniacs rep
  7. Scorpion
  8. Ben 10
  9. Paul Atreides
  10. Sub-Zero
Top 10 of Want:
  1. Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
  2. Eric Andre
  3. Sam Spade
  4. Neo
  5. Daffy Duck
  6. Shuichi Kitaoka
  7. Ash Williams
  8. King Kong
  9. Sarge (Red vs Blue)
  10. Static (DC)
Keep in mind that this list does not include confirmed or deconfirmed characters. That means that Gandalf, who would have been in the top 10 of chance, is not included. All of the evidence points to LOTR content being scrapped. That means that Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins (The only other Middle Earth character rated) will now be considered deconfirmed.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

The moment of truth has come. I have now finished the list of every character we've ever rated, along with their scores. You can find the list on the first page of this thread, at the top of the first post. It is collapsed.

I have also put together a list of the top 10 in chance and want. It is collapsed as well, right next to the character list. But for convenience, I will put the list here as a little celebration. I would wait until Day 100, but this has already been a long time coming. Nonetheless, I present to you all the top characters of this thread:

Top 10 of Chance:
  1. Joker (DC)
  2. Raven (DC)
  3. Daffy Duck
  4. Neo
  5. Static (DC)
  7. Scorpion
  8. Ben 10
  9. Paul Atreides
  10. Sub-Zero
Top 10 of Want:
  2. Eric Andre
  3. Sam Spade
  4. Neo
  5. Daffy Duck
  6. Shuichi Kitaoka
  7. Ash Williams
  8. King Kong
  9. Sarge (Red vs Blue)
  10. Static (DC)
Keep in mind that this list does not include confirmed or deconfirmed characters. That means that Gandalf, who would have been in the top 10 of chance, is not included. All of the evidence points to LOTR content being scrapped. That means that Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins (The only other Middle Earth character rated) will now be considered deconfirmed.
Surprised to see Sarge in the top 10 of the wants list.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Yare Yare Dawa

Chance: 40%

I always felt like Jojo’s had the best shot of any anime property to be in Multiversus thanks to its clear WB ties and massive popularity, and right now, I’d say Jolyne is the third or fourth most likely character to get picked. If they’re going off pure recency bias, then yeah Jolyne just Makes Sense. She’s the star of the anime’s current arc, so she’s the obvious pick if they just wanted to promote the Hot New Thing. But if they’re going by overall popularity, that’s where things start to get a bit dicey. In that scenario, it’s more likely they’d go with Jotaro or DIO, the most recognizable hero and villain of the series respectively. Her getting in is incredibly dependent on timing, and if they wait until after Stone Ocean stops being the current thing to add a Jojo rep, then I think the ship would sail on Jolyne.

Want: 100%

I ****ing love Jojo’s and any rep would make me ecstatic. It’s such a creative, and bat**** insane series that you could have a ton of fun with any character’s moveset, and Jolyne is no exception to that. Stone Free’s ability to turn parts of Jolyne’s body into string would make her a really fun support character and give you plently of leeway to get inventive with her movesets, especially considering Stone Free’s versatility in the source material.

It’s Hot in Topeka

Chance: 60%

With Foster’s having a new revival show announced, I actually think its chances of getting in are pretty decent compared to other defunct mid-2000s CN properties. It’s clear that WB still sees value in the Foster’s brand if they’re attempting to bring it back for a new audience and I can totally see them adding a character to capitalize on its resurgence. Also we’re almost to the point where Foster’s is 20 years old, which means it’s prime to start milking for nostalgia.

Want: 40%

This one is weird because Foster’s was one of my favorite CN shows growing up. I even rewatched it recently and I still think it mostly holds up as a fun and imaginative show with some great bits that I still sometimes quote today. That said, I’m not sure how I feel about Mac and Bloo as a pair specifically. Save for Tom & Jerry, Multiversus has usually shyed away from any ICs-likes, and for good reason. Unless the characters absolutely cannot function as a solo unit, I think it’s better to let characters stand on their own and let their unique personalities shine. In this specific case, I’d much rather get a solo Bloo that allows his personality to fully shine through in his moveset. Hell, I’d be down for any of the other main imaginary friends. Coco would be a neat Faust-esque random item character, Wilt would be amazing if they feel like adding another basketball character, and even Ed would be a fun subversion of the pacifistic fighter trope. Any Foster’s content at all would be cool, I’m just not sure if we need Mac and Bloo together.

Half noms on JFK, half on Edward Malus (The Wicker Man (2006))

KillerCage

Smash Master

Top 10 of Chance:
  1. Joker (DC)
  2. Raven (DC)
  3. Daffy Duck
  4. Neo
  5. Static (DC)
  7. Scorpion
  8. Ben 10
  9. Paul Atreides
  10. Sub-Zero
Top 10 of Want:
  2. Eric Andre
  3. Sam Spade
  4. Neo
  5. Daffy Duck
  6. Shuichi Kitaoka
  7. Ash Williams
  8. King Kong
  9. Sarge (Red vs Blue)
  10. Static (DC)
I'm happy yet surprised.
Surprised to see Sarge in the top 10 of the wants list.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Concept: MythBusters content, as well as Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to bust some myths:

And here are some videos to get into the mood for a big bang:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh boy

Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory)

Chance: 65%

There's no denying that Sheldon's series is undeniably one of the biggest sitcoms around (the longest-running multi-camera sitcom in television history, to be exact) and it cementing its status as a franchise thanks to a prequel series. WBD even listed it among their powerhouses along with Game of Thrones so it's definitely not something hurting in the recognizability department.

Sheldon also faces no real competition with his cast mates and is certainly popular in his own way despite being a divisive character fitting to his origin. Multiversus has no issues leaning toward memes and those alone could give him noteworthy moveset potential. I can see him using all the weird, recurring stuff he and his friends use throughout the series in his moveset, such as his Hulk hands.

So, his chances are pretty good for the most part. I can see some potential factors holding him back, such as the issue of borrowing Jim Parsons's likeness but it's not certain whether a regular sitcom would make the most desirable fighter choice for a game like this. Sheldon has an iconic enough look, so even with my issues, he's one of the more likely characters.

Want: 20%

I don't want to list all of my problems with Big Bang Theory but overall, I think its writing aged quite poorly for a series that isn't even that old. He can occasionally be funny but Sheldon's writing is also a big part of it, as he remains obnoxious throughout all seasons.

That being said... binging Big Bang Theory as a shut-your-brain-and-enjoy entertainment was a long-lasting family enjoyment for me and I do have some nostalgia for it. And having Jim Parsons's talent as a voice actor would make Sheldon's interactions pretty fun for me.

Nominations: All to Craig Williams

D

Deleted member

Using that grace period again.gonna skip Joylne. I like her but I'm a little worn out on rating third party anime characters.

Chance - 40%
Fosters is a well liked CN show. Mac and Bloo's biggest problem is the amount of competition from other CN shows. They're from the 2000s era, which is a slightly underlooked era compared to the 90s and 2010s. Even from that era, they're competing with the likes of Ed, Edd n Eddy, Billy and Mandy and the KND. They do have a new show coming, but it's apparently pre school focused, and who knows if it'll actually happen under the culling of animation currently happening at WB. Fosters is also an ensemble focused show, and while I think they probably would go for Mac and Bloo, or maybe just Bloo, but there are other characters they may choose, as seen with Shaggy and Velma (though we're definitely getting Scooby sooner than later). I think Fosters is definitely possible, but if it happens it won't be for a while.

Want - 80%
I used to really like this show. Mac is fine but I allways liked Bloo. He's a fun character and I'd be down to see what they do with him. Though I think going with someone like Wilt, Engarudo or Coco could be fun too.

Since it's spooky season. Noms to Concept: the Conjuring universe Rep

I'll do funny Bazinga man soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bazinga

Chance: 75%

Big Bang Theory is extremely popular and Sheldon is the face of it, even getting his own prequel series all about his younger self. About the only issue he really faces is in the form of whether or not Jim Parsons is up for his likeness being used but considering how much BBT goes on about nerd stuff, I think he'd be down for a platform fighter with Looney Tunes, Game of Thrones and DC being present seeing as we have LeBron James.

Want: 0%

I don't have much to say. I don't like Big Bang Theory so it's just a resounding "No"

Noms:
All on Shang Tsung

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think I'm gonna try for the funny double day. No more memes after this and Grand Dad though.

All noms towards Concept: Gamers Rise Up/We Live in a Society references with Joker.
I will allow this concept under one condition: You wait to nominate it until after 7 Grand Dad is locked in. The reason for this is to spread out these concepts. I'm not against joke days, but I want to make sure people don't get tired of them, which is what happened with Smash Ultimate's RTC thread.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will allow this concept under one condition: You wait to nominate it until after 7 Grand Dad is locked in. The reason for this is to spread out these concepts. I'm not against joke days, but I want to make sure people don't get tired of them, which is what happened with Smash Ultimate's RTC thread.
OK, that is fine. I will change my noms to... let's say...

Sylvester and Tweety x 5, Elmer Fudd x 5

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Mythbusters- Abstain on both

Sheldon

Chance- 50%
Arya being on the roster pretty much indicates live action is on the table. Sheldon's series is one of the more bigger live actions as well and he is probably one of the most popular characters there.

Want- 20%
Wasn't too interested in Big Bang theory. Despite that Sheldon might be an interesting sight to see on the roster.

Noms
Beerus- x3
Jaune Arc- x2

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Who ya gonna call? MYTHIBUSTERS!

Wait...

Rating Discovery shows is a bit tougher than rating WB shows. On one hand, they fall under the same corporate umbrella as WB and are thus an easy popular choice to add. On the other hand, this game started long before the WB Discovery merger happened. Now Tony has stated that the Multiversus team is not affected by the merger with one exception: they now have a bigger variety to pull from. That said, I'm gonna give this particular show a bit higher rating. Why?

Mythbusters is a show about testing the validity of rumors. The original show lasted for 14 seasons and has had constant spinoffs to this day. That proves Mythbusters was a huge hit for Discovery and thus would definitely be on the radar for the PFG team.

Want: 50%

Although they have good odds, there are many other characters I would want to see before the Mythbusters. That isn't to say they are not move worthy, as they can use the tools from their show to battle.
Even if we don't get the Busters as fighters, we could get them as Announcers, which would be a Want: 100% from me.

So we got Sheldon, and Young Sheldon, but where's Toon Sheldon?

Chance: 70%

Sheldon comes from Big Bang Theory. He is a nerd who works as a senior theoretical physicist and has a IQ of 187. In the show he may be one of the smartest characters, but he has a huge lack of social skills. Later seasons of the show did give him a love interest and he eventually did marry.
The show Big Bang Theory is considered one of WB Discovery's key franchises, along others such as Game of Thrones, Friends, and 90 Day Fiance. Sheldon is the main character of Young Sheldon, a show about Sheldon's childhood.
Although BBT is considered popular and a key franchise at WB, the main issue is that it is a sitcom show. Now this itself isn't a immediate problem, however one issue is that it could lead to a harder time developing a moveset over say, a DC Comics character. But like with Smash and NASB, I am confident the team can make a moveset out of anything.

Want: 80%

There are definitely other characters I want before Sheldon, but he is within my top 30 most wanted characters. Not for the move set but for the interactions he could have with the rest of the cast. Put Sheldon on a team with Batman and I guarantee Sheldon will geek out over Batman.

Noms: All to Gilligan (Gilligan's Island)

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Might do Mythbusters later, but I wanna say my piece on Sheldon as soon as I can.

zimbabwe

Chance: 70%

If we get any sitcom character, there’s a pretty good chance it’s gonna be Sheldon. The Big Bang Theory is one of the longest running and iconic sitcoms of the modern era, and Sheldon is undeniably the most recognizable face of it. WB still advertises the show hard with HBO Max and it has a whole ass prequel series staring the funny bazinga man himself, so there’s a huge incentive to go for him. It also helps that Sheldon is a comic book nerd and a huge fan of a lot of the properties in Multiversus, so he’d actually be a natural fit amongst the dc heroes. Really the only thing going against him is likeness issues, but I don’t doubt they’d be able to take care of that.

Want: 50% (really it’s more like a 100% and a 0% at the same time, but i don't know how you're going to calculate that so 50% it is)

So Sheldon’s..... kind of a complicated one for me. I'll be upfront and say I really don’t like The Big Bang Theory. I find it painfully unfunny and obnoxious, and about 80% of my hangups stem from the way Sheldon was written. Although never explicitly stated in the show as far as I remember, a lot of Sheldon’s mannerisms overlap with symptoms commonly associated with autism, which has lead many accepting him as an autistic icon in pop culture, much to my chagrin. Personally speaking as someone on the spectrum, the way Sheldon has shaped so many people’s perception of autism and similar neurodivergent conditions makes me deeply uncomfortable. Sorry to get into Representation™️ discussion on the funny shaggy batman fighting game thread, but in a media landscape where our pickings for autistic representation are already paltry, the last thing we need is for one of the more notable examples to be an obnoxious, self-centered manchild when that’s already the perception a lot of neurotypicals hold of neurodivergent folk. From what I could gather, the BBT creators aren’t actively ableist and at least one of them is autistic himself, so it’s a far cry from a Rowling situation where supporting the property enables actual political harm to the marginalized group in question. Still, I hate how the show has warped the public perception of autistic people and there’s still a part of me that would feel kinda icky about Sheldon...

However, I’m also a terminally online ****lord who thinks any impact font meme with the funny bazinga man is the funniest **** ever, so I’d still pop off for him if he somehow got in. If I were in charge of this game, I would take the Shaggy approach and base him almost entirely on the memes. Give him a projectile that has him throw forward increasingly bastardized versions of his iconic catchphrase. Give him a meter that allows him to post nsfw in #general. Have him call in other Big Bamg Theory characters to help Beat The Opponent To Death. The idea of Sheldon getting in might be hilarious enough to offset my baggage with the character, but it really just depends on what mood I’m in.

all noms on Edward Malus

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'll be abstraining from rating Sheldon. As you guys can guess, this is from me never watching Big Bang Theory.

These are your Mythbusters! (Adam: "I reject your reality and substitute my own!") (Jamie: "Jamie wants a big boom.")

I will abstain from giving a chance score. Because Mythbusters is a Discovery IP, I can't in good conscience rate them. As for a want score...

Want- 100%

When was the last I gave an 100% rating? Anyway, I'm sure this tidbit won't surprise you. I grew up watching Mythbusters both on TV and on DVD. I still can't believe the show ran for 14 seasons. It was also amazing that Adam and Jamie had such great chemistry throughout the show's run despite Jamie's heavy dislike for Adam. Seeing either of them in MultiVerse would be incredible. Similar to Wiz and Boomstick though, I would prefer Adam and Jamie as commentators rather than fighters.

My noms:
Pikachu x10
Terry McGinnes (Batman Beyond) x5

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I nominated Mythbusters content specifically, rather than characters, because I wanted to open the conversation up to more things than just them as fighters - items, stages, etc. Just something to keep in mind.

Mythbusters Content
Chance:
Abstain
Discovery's entire trashfire merger has made accurately rating Discovery stuff for this game difficult. Once we actually get Discovery content, this will be much easier. I do think, though, that Mythbusters content (again, content, vague on purpose) is high up there when it comes to Discovery additions. The show ran for a long, long time and for me and many others was the thing to tune into Discovery for. They're still popular to this day, and old episodes are absolutely awesome.

So, yeah, I started nominating Mythbusters content because they're my favorite thing to ever come out of Discovery, more-or-less. Their show is a combination of hilarious comfort food and genuinely interesting scientific experiments all framed around Hollywood special effects artists and how they bust (or confirm) urban legends. I'd love any kind of content involving the Mythbusters - Adam and Jamie as commentators, a "BUSTED" KO animation, or even Buster the Dummy as some kind of item?! How about a game mode based on some of the crazy myths they test like whether a water-powered rocket could really send someone over a wall and help them escape prison? There's a ton of potential there! I think it's plausible that we could get some kind of achievement reference, perhaps. The show has tons of classic quotes that stick around with anyone who grew up with it - "I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!"

Sheldon Cooper
Abstaining on chance and want - my feelings generally reflect OrpheusTelos's opinions and as funny an idea it is it's one I cannot gather up the passion to write much about. Zimbabwe.

Nominations:
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) xMax

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Edit at 10/15/22 at 12:48 PM: The Mythbusters Are Here!

“They Don’t Just Tell the Myths, they put them to the test”-Introduction Narrator
Mythbusters(The Grey & White Colors are all the same)
Their Theme: Theme of the Mythbusters

59%: Mythbusters is a science entertainment show that features a group of mythbusters testing out stunts to observe if something that’s rumored or seen in media to be if it’s true or false in real life.

The show lasted for 14 Seasons 17(16 without the pilot season) with 296 episodes, it also had a short revival and two spin-offs called Mythbusters Jr. & Motor Mythbusters. the show’s iconic status reveals how popular it is, making it a discovery series that’s worth representing.

It may not be one of discovery’s huge series’ . It's still popular, though whether or not they can figure out how to work mythbusters in the game in some form is pretty unknown.

60%: I remember watching a few bits of the mythbusters and remembered watching a little bit of an episode where they used a dummy for various tests at school.

I kinda like the idea of seeing one of the hosts as fighters, however I don't know how it would work, but any content in some form of a stage, a banner, or non-playable announcers would be okay for me.

“Bazinga!”
Sheldon Cooper
His Theme: It All Stared With The Big Bang

70%: The Big Bang Theory is a sitcom that was very successful. It is listed as one of the most important franchises by Warner Brothers Discovery.

The show lasted for 12 seasons with 279 episodes and a spin-off featuring Sheldon Cooper as a young boy which is currently still going, big bang theory’s popularity shows just how important it is to warner brothers and would likely get in the game if the company wants to crew to add anyone such as Sheldon or the crew themselves interesting in giving sheldon a chance.

Sheldon himself is one of the main characters and is the most popular of them all, there are others such as Leonard, Penny, and Howard though based on the rankings from others here none of them are at the level of popularity that sheldon has(writing this hurts), the only thing that might get in the way of his chances is getting the likeness to his actor Jim Parsons.

70%: While The Big Bang Theory isn’t something i watch all the time, i have seen it on occasions where I turn on the TV & tune in to the show whenever it’s on, it’s pretty good…or alright I guess.

As for Sheldon as a fighter, i’m interesting in seeing how he fights, i imagine he could use stuff such as an action figure, the hulk hands, or have a similar attack to velma’s speech boxes that spots out random words he says including his catchphrase.

Nominating
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Maddie Kim

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I nominated Mythbusters content specifically, rather than characters, because I wanted to open the conversation up to more things than just them as fighters - items, stages, etc. Just something to keep in mind.

Mythbusters Content
Chance:
Abstain
Discovery's entire trashfire merger has made accurately rating Discovery stuff for this game difficult. Once we actually get Discovery content, this will be much easier. I do think, though, that Mythbusters content (again, content, vague on purpose) is high up there when it comes to Discovery additions. The show ran for a long, long time and for me and many others was the thing to tune into Discovery for. They're still popular to this day, and old episodes are absolutely awesome.

So, yeah, I started nominating Mythbusters content because they're my favorite thing to ever come out of Discovery, more-or-less. Their show is a combination of hilarious comfort food and genuinely interesting scientific experiments all framed around Hollywood special effects artists and how they bust (or confirm) urban legends. I'd love any kind of content involving the Mythbusters - Adam and Jamie as commentators, a "BUSTED" KO animation, or even Buster the Dummy as some kind of item?! How about a game mode based on some of the crazy myths they test like whether a water-powered rocket could really send someone over a wall and help them escape prison? There's a ton of potential there! I think it's plausible that we could get some kind of achievement reference, perhaps. The show has tons of classic quotes that stick around with anyone who grew up with it - "I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!"

Sheldon Cooper
Abstaining on chance and want - my feelings generally reflect OrpheusTelos's opinions and as funny an idea it is it's one I cannot gather up the passion to write much about. Zimbabwe.

Nominations:
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) xMax
And edited! Not as much as I wish I could have written but it's been a weird few days for me. Thanks for waiting.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jolyne Cujoh
Chance: 28.33%
Want: 75.83%

Mac & Bloo
Chance: 39.44%
Want: 43.75%

Noms List

75+
Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms) x85

50-74
Spear & Fang x70
Tyrion Lannister x55
Bob Odenkirk (Mr Show With Bob and David) x50
John F. Kennedy (Clone High) x50

25-49
Chowder x46
John Gotti x45
Pikachu x45
Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) x45
Beerus x40
Marceline x39
The Flash x35
Huey Freeman x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Space Ghost x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Concept: Any Roster Overlap With Smash x25

1-24
Evangelion character x24
Simon the Digger x23
Sesame Street content x23
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Craig Williams x15
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x15
Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep x15
Regular Show characters x13
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x10
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x10
Yogi Bear x10
Aquaman x10
Edward Malus x10
Aqua Team Hunger Force character x8
Maddie Kim (Pantheon) x8
Snow Miser x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Penelope Pitstop x2
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

The day will end very soon in a couple hours, I'm just posting this a little early to let you all know I'm good. It's just been a hectic last couple days for me.

Now can someone please post something so I don't double post?

D

Deleted member

Bamzooki

Chance- 70%
BBT is a long running sitcom, having 12 seasons from 2007 to 2019. It was a big hit for WB, and is still considered a pretty big brand for them. BBT still gets merch and currently has a successful prequel on its sixth season. Sheldon was hands down the most memorable and popular character, and is the star of said spinoff. I actually think he has a decent shot at getting in. We know live action characters aren't a problem for this game. Sitcom characters are interesting, I've given them lower scores in the past. But I think BBT is the one I could see. Not only is it a huge show for WB, but Shelon's whole thing is pop culture, putting him in the game with DC and GOT characters makes sense. The show is silly enough that you could build a moveset around him. He also has a meme following, something we know the devs aren't afraid of cashing in on. Main issue I could see would be with Jim Parsons, since he's moved onto more serious acting in the years since BBT ended, but he's apparently spoken highly of the role so I think he'd be down for it.

Want - 18%
Here's the thing. I don't like the Big Bang Theory. I don't find it particularly funny, and I have some issues with the way it handles certain things. I don't think it's the worst show ever. There where way worse sitcoms running at that time. But it's really not for me and I think a lot of it has aged kinda poorly. However. I think this would be a very funny addition. Seeing Sheldon go up against these actual superhumans is just funny. And a Bezinga taunt has the potential to be Brawl Sonic level of annoying. It would be so stupid and I'd be all for it

Noma to the Conjuring

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Blazinga it!

Abstain. I never got into TBBT and I don't have the motivation to research it.

Can we bust it?

Chance: Abstain

I know that MythBusters was a huge show but it's hard for me to pinpoint a score. I'm not sure how the split up of the team would affect their chances. I do know that after Guy Fieri, they are one of the likelier options for Discovery, though.

Want: 60%

I watched some episodes when I was younger and I'm tempted to check out several that are readily available on YouTube. It's a really fun show and due to the nature of the content, I can see the MultiVersus devs coming up with dozens of moveset ideas.

Noms:
Rhedosaurus x5
Regular Show x5

Day over.

Rate Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher, as well as The Mask.

Some songs to get into the mood for a wild hunt:

And here are some videos to get into...whatever the heck this mood is:

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It's been quiet in here so I'll start things off.

Geraltz

Chance: 25%

The Witcher started out as a novel series created by author Andrzej Sapkowski. The story revolves around Geralt who is a part of the group of witchers. These are people born with supernatural abilities and are trained to hunt wild beasts and monsters. The Witcher series includes a movie and TV show called The Hexer, 3 games, and a live action show and animated series by Netflix.

While the novels and first couple games were successful, the series really became famous thanks to The Witcher 3, which brought the IP to the mainstream. This game alone created a name for itself. It had a huge, detailed world filled with side quests that are as good, if not better than the main story, and contained excellent writing throughout the game. What's also notable is that Warner Bros helped distribute and promote The Witcher 3 in North America, so they are involved with the biggest success of the franchise.

Now when it comes to copyright, Sapkowski owns the rights to the IP while CD Projekt Red has the license to make Witcher games. The big question is: Would Warner Bros have to go to go Sapkowski, in addition to CDPR? Well we might have our answer. Geralt of Rivia appears in Soul Calibur 6 as a guest fighter. In the credits, only CDPR are credited:

CD Projekt, The Witcher, Geralt, are registered trademarks of CD Projekt Capital Group.

Judging from this, my gut says that CDPR not only has the rights to make Witcher games, but they very well might have the game rights in general. If true, then Geralt would be a simple get for Warner Bros as they've already allowed their character in a fighting game.

So overall, yeah I think Geralt has a decent chance of getting into MultiVersus. The only reason why this score ain't higher is because Warner Bros still doesn't have a very strong connection to the franchise, afterall all of the new shiny shows are on Netflix, not HBO Max. But at the same time The Witcher has become such a strong IP that it would certainly be appealing to include.

Want: 95%

My only personal experience with The Witcher series is with 20ish hours of Witcher 3 and The Witcher content in Soul Calibur 6. The Witcher 3 is a marvelous game...it's just that it hasn't grabbed me with its story yet so I haven't played it in a while. But I enjoy what I've played and Geralt is very fun in SC6. Being the crossover character in the game, he got a fun what-if scenario in story mode where he interacts with some SC characters, a stage and the Hunt or be Hunted song. He fits very well in a fighting game environment and I think he would be a kickass inclusion for MultiVersus.

Hello my baby, hello my honey!

Chance: 25%

The Mask is a comic book series by Dark Horse Comics. It centers around individuals who discover a mysterious mask that turns them into crazy, literal cartoons. It was famously adapted into a movie starring Jim Carrey, whose reputation was cemented from this movie (alongside Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber, all from 1994!). The film was also the most profitable comic book movie until 2019's Joker. Overall, it's a beloved flick that still holds up today and was popular enough to get a (disaster of a) sequel, a cartoon series and a video game. Both films were distributed by New Line Cinema.

Now what's important to keep in mind is that Warner Bros does not own The Mask. As a comic book series it's owned by either its creators, Doug Mahnke and John Arcudi, or the publisher Dark Horse Comics (I haven't seen anything definitive on that). But there is some merit to this IP. For one the 1994 version of the character makes a cameo in Space Jam 2, so Warner Bros still has the franchise in mind. There is also a crossover comic where DC's Joker gets his hands on the mask, which is very fitting for the character lmao. So I feel there's enough of a connection and legacy there to make The Mask likely, despite the fact that nothing has come out of the franchise for a couple decades.

Want: 95%

The Mask is a classic film that made me laugh my behind off when I saw it as a kid. I love the idea of a live action person being turned into a literal cartoon and the shenanigans that corresponds with that. Jim Carrey's performance was perfect, giving his character a nice dichotomy between the absolutely insane mask persona and the down to earth human being who is dealing with the consequences of his circumstances. Oh yeah, and it's not hard to picture a moveset for him. There is so much asinine cartoon antics they could utilize it's nuts.

Noms:
Leonidas x15
Rhedosaurus x5

Calcs coming soonish

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: MythBusters content
Want: 74%

Sheldon Cooper
Chance: 67.14%
Want: 36.86%

MythBusters only got two chance ratings, so no average there.

Noms List

75+
Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms) x90

50-74
Spear & Fang x70
Tyrion Lannister x55
Pikachu x55
Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) x50

25-49
Chowder x46
John Gotti x45
Beerus x43
Marceline x39
The Flash x35
Huey Freeman x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Space Ghost x30
Craig Williams x30
Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Edward Malus x25

1-24
Evangelion character x24
Simon the Digger x23
Gilligan x20
Regular Show characters x18
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x15
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Aqua Team Hunger Force character x13
Maddie Kim (Pantheon) x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Aquaman x10
Shang Tsung x10
Snow Miser x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Penelope Pitstop x2
Shana x2
Jaune Arc x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“Time eats away at memories, distorts them. Sometimes we remember the good…sometimes only the bad”
Geralt of Rivia
His Theme: Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

40%: The Witcher’s a series of novels created by Andrzej Sapkowski. It’s about a man named Geralt of Rivia, who is a part of a group of hunters called the six witchers who are gifted with supernatural abilities that help them fight wild beasts and monsters.

The books became pretty popular that it spawned two tv shows, two comic book series’, and a video game series of three, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was produced by Warner Brothers and Danganzilla pointed that it was in america, this would give witcher a connection to the company to be deserving enough for Multiversus.

The worries of right holders seem subsided since witcher has appeared in Soul Calibur and it was with the credit of the game franchises studio CD Projekt Red and not the creator, which could mean the team at multiversus might be able to reach out to them without much concern over andrzej wanting some credit unless they want to get permission to reference the original source.

15%: I wanted to get around playing the witcher 3, although after buying it on the switch i never got to playing due to worry my data space will get full. i still have interesting in playing it but i need to get around it & not hesitate on lack of interest or prep myself for any specifics to search for a true ending route or just play the game casually.

Edit at 10/19/22 at 7:08 PM: Can't Make a Full Ranking List Without The Yellow Zoot Suitist.

“Sssssssmokin’!”
The Mask
His Theme: Hey Pachuco!
Alt Theme: Goodbye, Chimichanga(Deadpool Vs. The Mask) from DEATH BATTLE!

49%: The Mask is a movie starring Jim Carrey that came out in 1994, focusing on a man name Stanley Ipkiss who finds a green wooden mask that transforms him into a crazy green face man with the abilities of a cartoon character.

Although this film is well known, it’s actually based on a comic book where it utilizes the same concept albeit in a more…dark approach. Besides the comics and a movie, it also has a sequel(which didn’t do well with the audience) , a video game on SNES, and an animated tv series with Rob Paulsen playing The Mask.

All this does show the film is pretty popular and was once one of the most profitable films back in the day before being toppled by joker. The mask himself does appear in Space Jam: A New Legacy with the crowd of wb owned characters meaning they could be able to use the mask, though as danganzilla pointed out the series’ rights is with the creators and Dark Horse Comics meaning they’d have to try to ask permission first.

70%: the first time I've seen the mask was from seeing a trailer & the film itself, not the first movie but the second one, Son of the Mask.

Hehehehehe……

But don’t worry i did catch the original film on television later on after that, I always thought the mask would be a pretty good character to have on multiversus.

Seeing him change his arms to punching gloves to punch or pack up some firearms to shoot, spinning around similar to taz but far more terrifying, or anything crazy that triumphs Bugs’ moveset to a whole nother level. The Mask would be a cool character and one i feel would be needed for this game for representation.

Nominating
Chowder
Marceline
Huey Freeman
and.....looks around Space Ghost

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I have to abstain from rating both Geralt and the Mask. This is due to me having no real experience with either franchise.

My noms:
Pikachu x5
Terry McGinnes (Batman Beyond) x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Geraldo Witcherman

Chance: 5%
The Witcher is a hugely popular series of novels, an influential and iconic video game franchise, and a blockbuster Netflix show all at once. This means 2 things: 1. It's a big deal, and 2. Ownership is probably a *****.

Seeing how book Geralt is probably nobody's choice for representation, this leaves either game Geralt or TV Geralt. Game Geralt is owned exclusively by CD Projekt Red, as they bought the gaming rights in perpetuity from the author. WB does have a connection here, having published Witcher 3, but that's kinda flimsy. CDPR has moved on to self-publishing with Cyberpunk 2077.

On the other hand, there's TV's Geralt. WB has zero involvement with the Netflix show. Negotiations for this one would also be a mess: you'd need permission from the author, Netflix, Henry Cavill (for likeness and maybe even voice), AND still need to deal with CDPR (because remember, they own the gaming rights). He's basically an anime character in that regard. They might as well go with game Geralt which would be an easier and cheaper get. However, this limits the character's appeal both in terms of monetization (no hunky Cavill alternate) and synergy (the show is still going whereas Geralt's story in the games is over).

To be quite honest, the connection is so out there, that I don't see him being a priority, especially with recent comments re: third party characters.

Want: 75%
Only reason this isn't higher is because I want him in Smash. Just in case it's one or the other.

Jim Carrey as himself

Chance: ?
I don't know how this works. I would have assumed that WB straight up doesn't own The Mask given it's by Dark Horse. But as someone pointed out, he shows up in Space Jam 2. I seriously doubt WB would shell out cash for that, so that opens the possibility that they own the movie incarnation. It is incredibly different from the source material, so it's not impossible. But unless someone clarifies that, I'm afraid I can't properly assess his chances.

The Mask is one of those zany, violent characters that was just made to be in a game like this. You can totally see him dancing in your mind. I need to see him fighting Betelgeuse.

Noms: Spy vs. Spy Spy

D

Deleted member

Gerry of the River

Chance - 10%
The Witcher is a fantasy novel series by polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. The series has been adapted into a popular trilogy of RPG video games, and most recently a well received Netflix series, starring the Man of Steel himself, Henry Cavil as Geralt. The seires has became pretty popular, and only seems to be growing. The Netflix series is set for a third season, with varus spin offs including a prequel show, animated tie in films, and a family friendly cartoon of all things, set for release. CD Projekt also recently announced three new Witcher projects, one of which is meant to be the start of a brand new trilogy. The Witcher is clearly a franchise with a viable future, and is no stranger to crossovers. Geralt has appeared in Soul Calibur 6, Monster Hunter World, and most bizzarely, appeared in mecha battling game Daemon X Machina, alongside his daughter Ciri.The big issue is that the Witcher isn't owned by WB. The only real relationship is that WB handled distribution of the Witcher 3 in North America. It's a connection, but pretty loose one. I think they'll probably focus on more closely owned Warner characters for now, but if they start to dip into guest characters, I think Geralt is a possible pull.

Want - 60%
I've only played the Witcher 3, and seen some of the TV show. But Geralt is pretty cool. It's pretty easy to imagine his moveset.

Smokkin'
Chance - 40%
The Mask is a comic book series about a strange green mask that grants the person wearing it strange and unsual powers. It's most known for the movie, starring Jim Carrey at the hight of his popularity. The movie is pretty different, leaning much more into the madcap screwball comedy side of things, while the comic is a dark violent comedy. There's also a cartoon, and a film sequal that we don't talk about. The series hasent been super active in a while, and seems to exist mainly on nostalgia for the orignal film. Tgd first film was distributed by New Line Cinema, who are now owned by WB. But the comic series was a Dark Horse comic, which tend to be creator owned. He did appear as a background cameo in Space Jam 2. So it seems that they could possibly use him. It would likely have to be the Carry verison, but that's the one pepole would want to play as anyway.

Want - 70%
This would be amazing. I have a lot of nostalgia for the orignal Mask (let's not talk about Son of the Mask). It's a lot fun and has so many quotable moments. The Mask would have an amazing moveset. I could see myself having a lot of fun with him.

Noms to the Conjuring.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Rhedosaurus from The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, as well as Spear & Fang from Primal.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to run for your lives:

And here is an intro get into the primal mood (since this show is quite violent):

Noms List - Before Lockdown

75+
Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms) x95

50-74
Spear & Fang x70
Pikachu x60
Tyrion Lannister x55
Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) x55
Chowder x50

25-49
Beerus x46
John Gotti x45
Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep x45
Marceline x43
Huey Freeman x37
The Flash x35
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Craig Williams x30
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Edward Malus x25

1-24
Evangelion character x24
Simon the Digger x23
Gilligan x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Aquaman x10
Shang Tsung x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Snow Miser x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Jaune Arc x4
Penelope Pitstop x2
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 100 - Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms) and Spear & Fang (Primal)
Day 101 - Pikachu (Pokemon) and Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)
Day 102 - Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) and Bob Odenkirk (Mr Show With Bob and David)
Day 103 - John F. Kennedy (Clone High) and Chowder
Day 104 - Beerus (Dragon Ball) and John Gotti (Gotti)
Day 105 - Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep and Marceline (Adventure Time)
Day 106 - Huey Freeman (The Boondocks) and The Flash (DC Comics)

Noms List - After Lockdown

75+

50-74

25-49
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Craig Williams x30
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Edward Malus x25

1-24
Evangelion character x24
Simon the Digger x23
Gilligan x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Aquaman x10
Shang Tsung x10
Snow Miser x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Jaune Arc x4
Penelope Pitstop x2
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Averages for Geralt and The Mask coming soonish.

If I had a dollar for everytime a giant monster is created or awakened from atomic bombs, I’d be able to make my own kaiju film

Chance: 10%

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (or “Beast” for short) is a 1953 giant monster film based on a short story “The Fog Horn” by Ray Bradbury. The film focuses on a fictional dinosaur known as the Rhedosaurus that gets released from the glaciers of the Arctic thanks to, you guess it, an atomic bomb test. The creature then travels down south, leaving a path of destruction and eventually terrorizing New York City.

Beast is an influential film on many levels:
  • Legendary special effects artist Ray Harryhausen worked on this film. He is famous for his stop-motion effects in films such as Jason and the Argonauts, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, the original Clash of the Titans, and other giant monster flicks like 20 Million Miles to Earth and It Came From Beneath the Sea. In fact, Beast is the first film he did the stop motion effects by himself. Harryhausen’s special effects work has inspired countless filmmakers such as George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, J.J Abrams, and Peter Jackson. Beast is no exception and the animations for the Rhedosaurus look phenomenal, especially considering how early it was in Harryhausen’s career. Stop motion is an extremely time consuming and precise process, so for him to make the animations for a giant dinosaur walking through New York crushing cars and destroying buildings look this good is a monumental achievement.
  • Beast set the standard for kaiju films. While there were movies similar to it before like 1925’s The Lost World, Beast set in stone some elements that would become commonplace in the decade: You have a giant monster that is born from an atomic bomb and there are scenes of the military figuring out how to stop the monster. The movie directly inspired Godzilla and even included the element of the monster giving off a deadly contagion. This is a trope that was common at the time due to fears of nuclear war.

To summarize, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms is a monumental title that started a wave of classic kaiju and science fiction films.

As for the connection to Warner Bros, they fully own Beast as they bought the rights to Bradbury’s short story to use for the film. The movie was a hit, grossing $5 million against a $200,000 budget. To this day, Warner Bros still sells the film on physical media and digital store fronts.

Now, despite Beast’s legacy and iconic nature, how likely is the Rhedosaurus to get into MultiVersus? To be brutally honest I don’t think it’s very likely. I think The Iron Giant gives a sliver of hope for classic characters to appear here and there, but even then the giant robot appeared in a couple mainstream movies recently. Rhedosaurus, on the other hand, hasn’t. Warner Bros doesn’t seem to really acknowledge The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. Heck, it’s on several digital stores but not on HBO Max. That makes me think that WB wouldn’t see Beast as a top priority, especially since they got other options for giant monsters. Even if Legendary Pictures cuts them off, WB still has Kong and their Rampage characters to consider. So unfortunately the giant dinosaur has quite an uphill battle to tackle, and thus may remain stuck in the ice.

I got the honor to watch this film recently and it lives up to its legacy. The film has a good pace, giving you bits of monster scenes here and there to keep you entertained until the exciting third act. The rest of the film is carried by the main protagonist, who is one of the few people to see the dinosaur and live. His drive to prove the giant beast’s existence is admirable and riveting.

Of course, you all want to hear me rave about the giant monster, who easily steals the show. Ray Harryhausen stated that he likes to glamorize his monsters, and he sure succeeds. Watching the giant beast storm the streets of New York, crushing cars and tearing through buildings is a sight to behold. There is something about the way it moves and interacts with the environment that makes it so appealing. It’s the definition of a classic monster scene and the finale in the amusement park is thrilling. If you are at all interested in giant monster flicks, this one is a must see.

As for MultiVersus, of course I’d like to see a big dinosaur in it. I want to see what kind of moveset they give it. Have it crush people and munch on them, that’d be fun. Implement the spirit of a classic kaiju film and you have me sold 1,000,000%.

Spear and Fang

Primal has several things going for it. It's one of Adult Swim's recent hits. It's acclaimed and was nominated for 8 awards, winning the majority of them. A third season has been confirmed so it will continue to thrive for a long time I feel. Plus Tony is a fan of the series so yeah assuming the series stays strong, this should happen eventually.

Want: 50%

You all know how I feel about not liking Adult Swim's content for the most part. Point being: I think the art styles are ugly and the humor is not for me. But I did check out clips of Primal and not gonna lie, it does make me tempted to watch it. The art style ain't bad, and the gore fits naturally with the subject matter. Out of Adult Swim's catalogue, this is one that I wouldn't mind seeing in MultiVersus.

Noms: Tales From The Crypt content x15

And with that, we have officially hit Day 100! I started this thread at the tail end of December and 10 months later RTC MultiVersus Edition is still going strong. I want to say thanks to everyone who has participated. Whether you've been here since the beginning, or have recently joined, or just post here and there to gush about your favorite characters, you all have contributed well to this thread.

Here's to another 100+ days of RTC!

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
The beast- abstain
Spear & Fang

Chance:5% I saw this on twitter. Is that enough to say he has a chance? I've never heard of the guy until now. Tony posted it.
FfiOnpoXoAEOdWO.jpg

I've never heard of the guy. I don't like adult shows.

Noms:
Groo the Wanderer- x5
Edit: Do I get votes for a short response?

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Day over.

Rate Rhedosaurus from The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, as well as Spear & Fang from Primal.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to run for your lives:

And here is an intro get into the primal mood (since this show is quite violent):

Noms List - Before Lockdown

75+
Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms) x95

50-74
Spear & Fang x70
Pikachu x60
Tyrion Lannister x55
Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) x55
Chowder x50

25-49
Beerus x46
John Gotti x45
Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep x45
Marceline x43
Huey Freeman x37
The Flash x35
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Craig Williams x30
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Edward Malus x25

1-24
Evangelion character x24
Simon the Digger x23
Gilligan x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Aquaman x10
Shang Tsung x10
Snow Miser x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Jaune Arc x4
Penelope Pitstop x2
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 100 - Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms) and Spear & Fang (Primal)
Day 101 - Pikachu (Pokemon) and Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)
Day 102 - Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) and Bob Odenkirk (Mr Show With Bob and David)
Day 103 - John F. Kennedy (Clone High) and Chowder
Day 104 - Beerus (Dragon Ball) and John Gotti (Gotti)
Day 105 - Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep and Marceline (Adventure Time)
Day 106 - Huey Freeman (The Boondocks) and The Flash (DC Comics)

Noms List - After Lockdown

75+

50-74

25-49
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Mothra x30
Craig Williams x30
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x30
Wile E. Coyote x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Edward Malus x25

1-24
Evangelion character x24
Simon the Digger x23
Gilligan x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Aquaman x10
Shang Tsung x10
Snow Miser x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Jaune Arc x4
Penelope Pitstop x2
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Averages for Geralt and The Mask coming soonish.

If I had a dollar for everytime a giant monster is created or awakened from atomic bombs, I’d be able to make my own kaiju film

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (or “Beast” for short) is a 1953 giant monster film based on a short story “The Fog Horn” by Ray Bradbury. The film focuses on a fictional dinosaur known as the Rhedosaurus that gets released from the glaciers of the Arctic thanks to, you guess it, an atomic bomb test. The creature then travels down south, leaving a path of destruction and eventually terrorizing New York City.

Beast is an influential film on many levels:
  • Legendary special effects artist Ray Harryhausen worked on this film. He is famous for his stop-motion effects in films such as Jason and the Argonauts, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, the original Clash of the Titans, and other giant monster flicks like 20 Million Miles to Earth and It Came From Beneath the Sea. In fact, Beast is the first film he did the stop motion effects by himself. Harryhausen’s special effects work has inspired countless filmmakers such as George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, J.J Abrams, and Peter Jackson. Beast is no exception and the animations for the Rhedosaurus look phenomenal, especially considering how early it was in Harryhausen’s career. Stop motion is an extremely time consuming and precise process, so for him to make the animations for a giant dinosaur walking through New York crushing cars and destroying buildings look this good is a monumental achievement.
  • Beast set the standard for kaiju films. While there were movies similar to it before like 1925’s The Lost World, Beast set in stone some elements that would become commonplace in the decade: You have a giant monster that is born from an atomic bomb and there are scenes of the military figuring out how to stop the monster. The movie directly inspired Godzilla and even included the element of the monster giving off a deadly contagion. This is a trope that was common at the time due to fears of nuclear war.

To summarize, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms is a monumental title that started a wave of classic kaiju and science fiction films.

As for the connection to Warner Bros, they fully own Beast as they bought the rights to Bradbury’s short story to use for the film. The movie was a hit, grossing $5 million against a $200,000 budget. To this day, Warner Bros still sells the film on physical media and digital store fronts.

Now, despite Beast’s legacy and iconic nature, how likely is the Rhedosaurus to get into MultiVersus? To be brutally honest I don’t think it’s very likely. I think The Iron Giant gives a sliver of hope for classic characters to appear here and there, but even then the giant robot appeared in a couple mainstream movies recently. Rhedosaurus, on the other hand, hasn’t. Warner Bros doesn’t seem to really acknowledge The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. Heck, it’s on several digital stores but not on HBO Max. That makes me think that WB wouldn’t see Beast as a top priority, especially since they got other options for giant monsters. Even if Legendary Pictures cuts them off, WB still has Kong and their Rampage characters to consider. So unfortunately the giant dinosaur has quite an uphill battle to tackle, and thus may remain stuck in the ice.

I got the honor to watch this film recently and it lives up to its legacy. The film has a good pace, giving you bits of monster scenes here and there to keep you entertained until the exciting third act. The rest of the film is carried by the main protagonist, who is one of the few people to see the dinosaur and live. His drive to prove the giant beast’s existence is admirable and riveting.

Of course, you all want to hear me rave about the giant monster, who easily steals the show. Ray Harryhausen stated that he likes to glamorize his monsters, and he sure succeeds. Watching the giant beast storm the streets of New York, crushing cars and tearing through buildings is a sight to behold. There is something about the way it moves and interacts with the environment that makes it so appealing. It’s the definition of a classic monster scene and the finale in the amusement park is thrilling. If you are at all interested in giant monster flicks, this one is a must see.

As for MultiVersus, of course I’d like to see a big dinosaur in it. I want to see what kind of moveset they give it. Have it crush people and munch on them, that’d be fun. Implement the spirit of a classic kaiju film and you have me sold 1,000,000%.

Spear and Fang rating coming later

Noms: Leonidas xMax

And with that, we have officially hit Day 100! I started this thread at the tail end of December and 10 months later RTC MultiVersus Edition is still going strong. I want to say thanks to everyone who has participated. Whether you've been here since the beginning, or have recently joined, or just post here and there to gush about your favorite characters, you all have contributed well to this thread.

Here's to another 100+ days of RTC!
Homelander Angry.png

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Rhedosaurus:

Rhedosaurus is a classic movie monster that predates even Godzilla, and has even been credited as inspiration for the king of the monsters. Rhedosaurus was brought to life by the stop-motion animation legend Ray Harryhausen, and is regarded as one of his most iconic movie monsters. The movie Rhedosaurus is from, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, is regarded as a sci-fi classic, and many monster movies that followed took direct inspiration from it. However, The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms would most likely not be relevant enough in WB's eyes to give a fighter to. While Multiversus is more willing to work with giant characters than other platform fighters like Smash Bros, I feel like Rhedosaurus would be too deep a cut to be made a character himself, especially if he's competing against the likes of Godzilla, who can do mostly everything Rhedosaurs can do and more. With that being said, I can see WB putting a reference to The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms in the game somehow, whether it's an easter egg on a stage, a player icon, or some other kind of reference.

Want: 65%
I would love the opportunity to play as a massive lizard. However, he doesn't really have as much moveset potential as other giant monsters like Godzilla or King Kong.

Spear and Fang:

Chance: 75%

Spear and Fang are the two main characters of Primal, an adult-animated show by the animation legend Genndy Tartakovsky about the adventures of a caveman and a t-rex in a prehistoric world full of various dangers. I fell in love with the series when it came out, and I consider it to be one of the best adult-animated shows of all time. It has also picked up a lot of acclaim in the animation community, with the series winning 5 Emmys for its first season. The only reason I ranked the chance so low is because the series is still pretty new and wasn't popular while Multiversus was being developed. However, I believe Tony was confirmed to be a big fan of the series, so Spear and Fang might come sooner than we think.

I love the show! As Spear and Fang get into fights almost every episode, there's a ton of moveset potential for both characters. I'd love to see Spear riding Fang and dishing out brutal attacks. Overall,alongside Ben 10 and Godzilla Spear and Fang are my most wanted fighters for Multiversus.

Noms go to Aquaman

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Note: I'll update this in a little bit.

"I'd say there are things better left unsolved"
"Who knows what waits for us in nature's no man's land"
"Impossible, Unbelievable, Fantastic, but i tell you it could happen"
Rhedosaurus
It’s Theme: The Main Title of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms

20%: The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms is an old school movie made by Ray Harryhausen, which centers focuses on a giant lizard coming from the water that terrorizes the city and the humans need to find a way to stop it(sounds familiar).

The movie has been considered a legacy film due to its stop motion animation with the beast and inspired the existence of godzilla.

While that may be the case, the beast’s chances of getting in multiversus is a shaky one when considering where warner brothers would view this movie in their list of important brands, i feel it being a film that proved how impressive it can be shows how important it may be though at best the movie might only get some form of reference or easter egg in the game due to the community not knowing what the beast is and the possibility of godzilla still being able to make it in the game.

It’s possible if Godzilla doesn’t make it
especially if the datamines are suggesting his potential removal(i didn't like saying this!)
then the beast would be a good back up pick though it better not leave the community sour over it(plus, there’s still the considering fact of does warner care enough to put the beast in).

10%: I had never heard of this movie until now. I appreciate the fact that it was the original inspiration of Godzilla and after listening to Daganzilla’s explanation on the beast I'm starting to consider watching the film to see how it plays.

“GRAAAARRRRGGGGHHH”
“ROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR”
Spear & Fang
Their Theme: End Credits

90%: Primal is one of Adult Swim’s most popular series in recent years, the show centers around the BC prehistoric era were dinosaurs still roam the earth alongside cavemen(although season 2 started bringing in other ancient timelines into the series such as vikings & egyptian warriors to collide with it, which is strange).

The story centers around Spear and Fang who fight to survive through the world they live in and finding hope from the possibility of extinction(i don’t know this show well so i tried looking it up on wikipedia)

Seeing how much popularity came with Primal, i think there is a chance for Spear & Fang to appear in the game while primal did came out in 2019 and Multiversus might’ve started around that time or a year after, i see it as a likely contender for later seasons of the game maybe even season 2.

20%: I’ve never watched Primal but I did catch some clips whenever it was on. It might be a show I might watch in the near future when I make it to a time where I have to watch it. My brother watched the first season and loves the show which is great to hear.

In terms of seeing them in multiversus, I think it would be cool to see Spear & Fang in the game, mostly interesting in seeing fang be a fighter, seeing a dinosaur move around in the stage beating up batman & bugs bunny is amusing to me, i don’t mind the idea of seeing them fight together though i heard someone wanting them to be separate which sounds good too.

Nominating
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Edit at 1:11 PM at 10/23/22: Added quotes for the best but couldn't find the identity of the character for the first line, i also fixed the last sentence for the beasts chance score.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The beast- abstain
Spear & Fang

Chance:5% I saw this on twitter. Is that enough to say he has a chance? I've never heard of the guy until now. Tony posted it.

I've never heard of the guy. I don't like adult shows.

Noms:
Groo the Wanderer- x5
Edit: Do I get votes for a short response?
You did 2 sentences for both chance and want so you are good. I would just recommend doing more research next time.

Note: I'll update this in a little bit.

"I'd say there are things better left unsolved"
"Who knows what waits for us in nature's no man's land"
"Impossible, Unbelievable, Fantastic, but i tell you it could happen"
Rhedosaurus
It’s Theme: The Main Title of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms

20%: The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms is an old school movie made by Ray Harryhausen, which centers focuses on a giant lizard coming from the water that terrorizes the city and the humans need to find a way to stop it(sounds familiar).

The movie has been considered a legacy film due to its stop motion animation with the beast and inspired the existence of godzilla.

While that may be the case, the beast’s chances of getting in multiversus is a shaky one when considering where warner brothers would view this movie in their list of important brands, i feel it being a film that proved how impressive it can be shows how important it may be though at best the movie might only get some form of reference or easter egg in the game due to the community not knowing what the beast is and the possibility of godzilla still being able to make it in the game.

It’s possible if Godzilla doesn’t make it
especially if the datamines are suggesting his potential removal(i didn't like saying this!)
then the beast would be a good back up pick though it better not leave the community sour over it(plus, there’s still the considering fact of does warner care enough to put the beast in).

10%: I had never heard of this movie until now. I appreciate the fact that it was the original inspiration of Godzilla and after listening to Daganzilla’s explanation on the beast I'm starting to consider watching the film to see how it plays.

“GRAAAARRRRGGGGHHH”
“ROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR”
Spear & Fang
Their Theme: End Credits

90%: Primal is one of Adult Swim’s most popular series in recent years, the show centers around the BC prehistoric era were dinosaurs still roam the earth alongside cavemen(although season 2 started bringing in other ancient timelines into the series such as vikings & egyptian warriors to collide with it, which is strange).

The story centers around Spear and Fang who fight to survive through the world they live in and finding hope from the possibility of extinction(i don’t know this show well so i tried looking it up on wikipedia)

Seeing how much popularity came with Primal, i think there is a chance for Spear & Fang to appear in the game while primal did came out in 2019 and Multiversus might’ve started around that time or a year after, i see it as a likely contender for later seasons of the game maybe even season 2.

20%: I’ve never watched Primal but I did catch some clips whenever it was on. It might be a show I might watch in the near future when I make it to a time where I have to watch it. My brother watched the first season and loves the show which is great to hear.

In terms of seeing them in multiversus, I think it would be cool to see Spear & Fang in the game, mostly interesting in seeing fang be a fighter, seeing a dinosaur move around in the stage beating up batman & bugs bunny is amusing to me, i don’t mind the idea of seeing them fight together though i heard someone wanting them to be separate which sounds good too.

Nominating
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Edit at 1:11 PM at 10/23/22: Added quotes for the best but couldn't find the identity of the character for the first line, i also fixed the last sentence for the beasts chance score.
Correction: Harryhausen did not make the movie. He just did the model and special effects for the beast.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You did 2 sentences for both chance and want so you are good. I would just recommend doing more research next time.

Correction: Harryhausen did not make the movie. He just did the model and special effects for the beast.
looks like i need to be more dependent on my work here then.

Top Bottom