• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Chance: 100%
Yep, I'm going there.

IT is a seminal horror novel by legendary author Stephen King that deals with a bunch of kids terrorized by a monster clown, only to return to their hometown as adults to put an end to it. It's one of King's most famous stories and was adapted twice, once as a miniseries with Tim Curry as Pennywise, and recently as a duology with Bill Skarsgaard in the role. Both adaptations were very popular, well received (It Chapter 2 being a possible exception), and are regarded as complementary adaptations in their own right.

WB is heavily involved in the IP having made both adaptations and seem to consider it one of their biggest brands (makes sense as the recent movies made over a billion dollars between them). They're working on that HBO Max prequel, put Pennywise in Space Jam 2, the works. Pennywise wouldn't just represent an iconic franchise; he'd also serve as a rep for all of Stephen King (did you know all of his works canonically take place within the same multiverse? Wild stuff) and for New Line Cinema, a division of WB that is famous for its horror (think Nightmare on Elm Street, Final Destination, and The Conjuring, just to name a few).

Pennywise is a perfect candidate for a fighter as he's not only a slasher, he's a reality defying one who can spawn things, use illusions to change his appearance, and generally do some creepy weird ****. He's also technically an eldritch alien spider or something so there's stuff to do there.

Honestly I can't see any reason why this wouldn't happen. Licensing? If WB doesn't already own the gaming rights, I don't see them having any difficulty acquiring them. I love King, but he'll sign off on any crap for a paycheck. Need I remind you there are 10 Children of the Corn movies? 10.

Want: 100%
Sure I love me some It. Never read the novel but the miniseries and Chapter One were great. For this game they'd definitely choose the Skarsgaard incarnation, which is perfect by me because man that dude is creepy, like how do you make those faces? But hopefully Curry's take would be a skin or variant or whatever because the man is a legend and he never brings less than 110% to a role (though he would have to be voiced by a soundalike or through archival footage, I still think it would be a nice honor).

Brb I'm going to look for my Mami rating to copy and paste it here

Edit: so yeah my Mami rating wouldn't really apply so I'll just abstain on Sakura but, you know, she's not happening over Madoka or Homura

Noms: Gone with the wind

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Chance: 100%
Yep, I'm going there.

IT is a seminal horror novel by legendary author Stephen King that deals with a bunch of kids terrorized by a monster clown, only to return to their hometown as adults to put an end to it. It's one of King's most famous stories and was adapted twice, once as a miniseries with Tim Curry as Pennywise, and recently as a duology with Bill Skarsgaard in the role. Both adaptations were very popular, well received (It Chapter 2 being a possible exception), and are regarded as complementary adaptations in their own right.

WB is heavily involved in the IP having made both adaptations and seem to consider it one of their biggest brands (makes sense as the recent movies made over a billion dollars between them). They're working on that HBO Max prequel, put Pennywise in Space Jam 2, the works. Pennywise wouldn't just represent an iconic franchise; he'd also serve as a rep for all of Stephen King (did you know all of his works canonically take place within the same multiverse? Wild stuff) and for New Line Cinema, a division of WB that is famous for its horror (think Nightmare on Elm Street, Final Destination, and The Conjuring, just to name a few).

Pennywise is a perfect candidate for a fighter as he's not only a slasher, he's a reality defying one who can spawn things, use illusions to change his appearance, and generally do some creepy weird ****. He's also technically an eldritch alien spider or something so there's stuff to do there.

Honestly I can't see any reason why this wouldn't happen. Licensing? If WB doesn't already own the gaming rights, I don't see them having any difficulty acquiring them. I love King, but he'll sign off on any crap for a paycheck. Need I remind you there are 10 Children of the Corn movies? 10.

Sure I love me some It. Never read the novel but the miniseries and Chapter One were great. For this game they'd definitely choose the Skarsgaard incarnation, which is perfect by me because man that dude is creepy, like how do you make those faces? But hopefully Curry's take would be a skin or variant or whatever because the man is a legend and he never brings less than 110% to a role (though he would have to be voiced by a soundalike or through archival footage, I still think it would be a nice honor).

Brb I'm going to look for my Mami rating to copy and paste it here

Noms: Gone with the wind
That Image just screams "MEME ME, MEME ME, ME-ME-ME-ME-MEME ME"

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Small thing I discovered, apparently there's a third adaptation of IT (or rather a second, it released before the movies) that released in India.
Notably, this has absolutely no Warner involvement. Warner doesn't have explosive rights to IT. I don't think it really matters but it's something to consider.

D

Deleted member

Small thing I discovered, apparently there's a third adaptation of IT (or rather a second, it released before the movies) that released in India.
Notably, this has absolutely no Warner involvement. Warner doesn't have explosive rights to IT. I don't think it really matters but it's something to consider.
To be fair this is pre the new films. The original TV mini series also had no WB involvement. I think that's a newer thing. Thiugh they'd likely to have to go through King no matter what.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

(Also it's worth pointing out that Indian remakes don't always have the rights to what they're remaking)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
To be fair this is pre the new films. The original TV mini series also had no WB involvement. I think that's a newer thing. Thiugh they'd likely to have to go through King no matter what.
Actually, it did. While it was aired on ABC (owned by Disney), it was developed by Warner and they seem to have the other distribution rights to it (they distributed the soundtrack and dvd). Meanwhile the beloved series Woh has absolutely no connection to Warner. Like I said i don't think it really matters but it's worth thinking about
(Also it's worth pointing out that Indian remakes don't always have the rights to what they're remaking)
that's very possible, i was looking at the wikipedia page and was thinking "this might be barely different enough to be legally distinct". But because it does have a wikipedia page, I think it probably is legit to some degree. It's probably a Metastasis situation.

D

Deleted member

Actually, it did. While it was aired on ABC (owned by Disney), it was developed by Warner and they seem to have the other distribution rights to it (they distributed the soundtrack and dvd). Meanwhile the beloved series Woh has absolutely no connection to Warner. Like I said i don't think it really matters but it's worth thinking about
Ah that's my bad

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, as well as Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.

Some videos to get into the JoJo shenanigans mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to sing alongside a plant:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Little Shop of horrors on chance and want. Due to not really familiar with the series.

Jotaro

Chance- 10%
I originally thought Jotaro and Dio to an extent would be one of the anime characters that has a decent chance. After learning Bandai Namco is rather troublesome regarding the Jojo's IP on the video games side, Jotaro or any Jojo characters' chances has been decreased by a lot. Despite I think Jump wouldn't mind the inclusion of Jojo in Multiversus.

Want- 85%
Although Jotaro isn't my top tier favourites Jojo characters wise, I do want to see him in. To be honest as long the Jojo rep isn't Vanilla Ice I would welcome their inclusion in general.

Noms
Sailor Moon- x5

Last edited:

KingOfMoths

Smash Rookie
Ocean Man:

Chance- 45%

Now, this is an interesting field to talk about. While not as large as other shonen manga such as the big four, JJBA is arguably one of Shonen Jump's largest series at this point, being extremely popular in Japan ever since its creation and eventually gaining success in the west following the anime's release ten years ago. Enduring in the minds of many anime fans for the story the series has, its wonderfully weird cast of characters and abilities, and the fountain of memes it is, JJBA is at an excellent point at the moment when it comes to its stardom, with news and new releases related to the series coming out every year as the manga continues going on even after all these years. Not only this, but JoJo also has a personal connection with Warner, as the studio's Japanese branch manages the distribution of materials such as the anime, merchandise related to it, and the live-action DIU films. All of this builds up to a character who is quite likely... so why does it fall behind characters such as Goku and Luffy?

The issue lies within Namco, who organizes the video game rights for JJBA and all of Shonen Jump as a whole.

JJBA has a strange history when it comes to releasing its games overseas. The west, of course, isn't completely without JJBA games being translated and released officially, as seen with HFTF (although to be there, this was made before Warner got the rights) and the games CyberConnect makes. However, something I noticed that does make me worry is that other, smaller JJBA games (even mobile games that seen they'd do quite well in the west), have often gone unreleased in areas outside Japan, with Jumputi Heroes (a small puzzle game for Shonen Jump released in Japan and Vietnam) removing all JJBA content in the latter area where it was released. Now, Multiversus isn't a game like the several defunct mobile games and Last Survivor (being first and foremost a game released on consoles), but seeing stuff like this occur for games (be it for licensing issues, copyright issues tied to the series' habit of naming things after songs or bands, or some other thing) does make me concerned. I do hope the series does eventually get more video games released to the west to help calm my nerves (Fortnite seems willing to crossover with them based on a poll, as a note), but for now, things certainly are strange when it comes to the question of adding Jotaro (and other JJBA reps, as well) to a game that will be released in areas outside of its homeland.

Want- 100%

JJBA is my favorite manga/anime series of all time. It just oozes with the goodness I seek for in works, blending scenes of interesting characters doing crazy things with plenty of drama, action, comedy through the oddity of it all, and a good usage of references to a story that, despite how, well, bizarre things get, it never feels too crazy or completely random. Add to this to the fights blending together power and tactics perfectly, alongside how the story manages to weave its serious and funny moments within it perfectly without any real clash of tone, allows it to become a constantly-shifting yet consistently excellent tale of a bloodline and the struggles they face. As for the reps for the series itself, there really isn't any better choice for the first JJBA rep than Jotaro, as they are not only the de-facto main protagonist of the entire series (despite not existing until the end of the second part, and only having a major role in two/three of the parts), but they keep true to the core principles the series uses in fights, being raw strength utilized through Stands. Not only would their majorly damage-focused playstyle be right up my alley when it comes to what characters I like to play, but I also think his personality would help add a bit more seriousness to the roster, something that could result in funny dialogue when compared to the majorly more goofy cast. Furthermore, there's tons and tons of potential when it comes to possible stages for Jotaro, and equally excellent music to be used as well. For these reasons, Jotaro shares a three-way tie with a certain vampire and his son for my most wanted characters for this game, for sure.

Piranha Plant: The Musical:

Chance- 50%

While it isn't overly presently, Little Shop of Horrors remains a classic piece of 80s media, being one of the very few horror films to be nominated to the Academy Awards. Managing to blend together horror, comedy, and musical numbers together perfectly, much of the success can be tied to Audrey, with his bombastic yet sinister personality helping make his role within the film instantly iconic and unique among the various villains the horror medium has dreamed up. Furthermore, while Audrey himself has faded a bit from the public mind, the film still remains celebrated in the minds of those with a liking for 80s flicks and the monster canon in general, with monstrous plants recently becoming one of the more recent additions to the Halloween canon. However, as mentioned before, his work isn't majorly relevant within pop culture, with a remake for the film being put on the backburner unless Warner decides to take it out of the oven, which isn't guaranteed to happen. Furthermore, LSOH isn't a work Warner fully owns (they merely own the 1986 film version), as to get the rights, they would need to make a deal with Roger Corman (the creator of the original 1960 film) in order to acquire the license. Due to this and the fact Audrey hasn't cameoed in much stuff since his original Warner-owned debut, Audrey's likelihood does take a hit, leaving the character at a disadvantage compared to other possible 80s reps PFG could choose.

Want- 90%

Audrey is a character that I mainly want for his personality alone. In the classic 1986 film, Audrey just steals the show in every scene he's in, being grandiose, sadistic, and brilliantly hammy all at once, and all to great effect. Because of this, all of Audrey's taunts and animations would do wonders by showcasing this nature of his, possibly trying to hide his true nature at first before letting it all out once he either wins or is defeated. Outside of these qualities, however, I think Audrey's moveset is also ripe for cool attacks, using various plant-based moves to ensnare foes alongside various bite-based attacks. Outside of these qualities, however, I think Audrey could also provide a unique body shape to the roster of Multiversus, moving using tentacle-like appendages and having the potential to be a large character with a very wide, disjointed set of attacks. While I do fear some of his attacks may come off as pretty similar to each other, the fact we have so little plant users in fighting games generally makes up for this, even with Poison Ivy's upcoming addition. Besides, who wouldn't want to play as something as unique as a man-eating plant?

Noms:

Shao Khan- 10x
Tetsuo Shima- 10x

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Jotaro

Chance: 10%
Basically nothing has changed since the Dio rating and Jotaro has pretty much the exact same amount of things going for him. While Dio does have a slight edge because of more meme material, Jotaro is still what most would consider to be the most fitting choice to rep the JoJo protags as a whole. So once Dio or Jotaro gets in, the other is more or less confirmed at some point down the line due to their popularity and somewhat similar movesets.

I'd personally prefer Joseph getting in first in regards in terms of Joestar family members, but Jotaro is the most iconic and definitely the best character to rep the series as a whole. Having a stand-based fighter has a ton of potential since they can both with and without their stand, so I'm down for pretty much any stand user getting in.

-----

Abstaining on Audrey

Noms to Naruto

D

Deleted member

Yare Yare Daze
Chance - 30%
Jojo is another Shonen Jump character. Jojo's Bizzare Adventure is a popular manga seires that has ran since 1987. It may not be quite as big as Dragon Ball to a general audience, but Jojo is still pretty darn popular and has a meme following. It's borderline impossible to be active on the Internet and not have picked up some Jojo references at this point. Jotaro was brought up a lot when this game, to the point where I'm convinced the devs must be aware of it. Jojo does have WB connections. WB Japan handle releases of the anime. If Jojo was to get a rep it probably would be Jotaro, he's the protagnist of one of the most iconic parts and plays a central role in two others. As anime characters go, i could see WB's connection to Jojo and the general fan demand for Jotaro helping him out a bit.

Want - 80%
I like Jojo. It's a fun series, and while there are other characters, and even other protagnists i'd likely pick over him, I do think it should be him. He's still a pretty great character. Jotaro, or any Jojo character really, is a pretty easy fit for a fighting game. Seeing how the team translate a stand to a platform fighter would be extremely interesting.

Feed me, Seymour.
Chance- 50%
Little Shop of Horrors is an interesting one. The seires has a wild history, first a 60s horror comedy by special effects legend Rodger Corman, then turned into an off broadway musical by Disney Legends Alan Menken and Howard Ashman, and then a film based on that musical, directed by the Muppets own Frank Oz. And also a weird one season cartoon based on the orignal film. Warner did put out the 1984 film, probably the most known version. It's definitely iconic, and Audrey is a very iconic character. Little Shop references are weirdly pretty common in media, but I wonder how familiar kids today wpuld be with it. Its not a series that gets much crossover play. There was a renake announced in 2020, with major stars like Chris Evans, Taron Egerton and Scarlet Johansson set to star, but the film was indefinitely postponed last year. It does fit in to the sort of 80s character vibe that the team are digging into with picks like Gremlins and Beetlejucie. One issue is that Audrey is just a plant, but Smash Brothers has shown us that that's not really an issue. I don't actually think this is that unlikely, there's clearly some nostalgia here. It probably won't be high on the list, but maybe if the game goes on long enough.

Want - 60%
I rememeber watching this movie as a kid but I don't rememeber too much. Audrey is pretty funny though. The idea of playing as a big wise cracking man eating plant in a game like this would be extremely funny.

Noms to
Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)
Huey Freeman (The Boondocks)

KillerCage

Smash Master
Abstaining on Audrey II as I have only seen the film once.

Are we rating Jotaro Kujo? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Let's look at my rating for Dio.
I, Dio Brando, wish to rule MultiVerses!

Chances- 25%

I would have given Dio a significantly lower score had [IMG alt="Darkonedagger"]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/481/481555.jpg?1633564678[/IMG] Darkonedagger not pointed out that the rights the Jojo anime are under a branch of WB. He is one of the most iconic characters in the series. The problem: he faces significant competition from other Jojo characters. I would argue his biggest competitors are Jotoro Kujo (the most popular Jojo) and his daughter Jolyne Kujo (the new hotness.) Even then, I doubt we're going to get any anime content at least in the base roster.

Want- 75%

I have only fully seen Parts 1 & 2 and I'm currently in the middle of the Egypt arc of Part 3. With that said, I do enjoy Dio Brando as an over the top villain. I can see a moveset incorporating his abilities from both Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders. That's what Death Battle did with Dio vs Hellsings' Alucard. It would be fun to see his interactions with the other villainous characters.
Yeah, I'm going to keep the chance rating for Jotaro at 25%. He takes priority over DIO so that would raise the rating. However I was not aware of Namco Bandai's stranglehold on Shonen Jump IPs and their video games. This stranglehold also applies to Jojo which effects my original rating for Dio. If I could go back to Dio's day, I would have changed his chance to 20%. As for Jotaro's want score...

Want- 80%

So I have finally finished watching Part 3. While I prefer Part 2 (mainly because of Joseph), I still enjoyed the cast of Stardust Crusuders and I'm in the middle of Part 4. Where you think of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Jotaro Kujo is usually the first character you think of mainly because of his Stand "Star Platinum". Having him interact with the rest of MultiVerses' roster would be quite interesting.

My noms:
The Doctor (Doctor Who) x5
Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica) x10

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Eh, this adventure isn't particularly bizarre

Chance - 40%. People talk about Disney having a monopoly on entertainment (and fair enough), but is every important anime owned by Jump? I'm not going to repeat myself, what I said before for Goku third-party wise largely applies (tldr I think Jump and Namco would be cool with it). Going back to the totem pole argument from my last few anime discussions, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a solid mid-tier, not quite up there with DBZ and One Piece but way more important than Madoka. That being said, we're getting to the point where it's a bit hairy if even a beefy Shonen Jump collab would get around to adding a JJBA character. I think what would end up saving the series is the memes, considering how much the game respects them and how heavily memed JJBA is. I'd probably give getting a Jojo character about a 50% chance. Of course, we're not rating "Concept: Jojo character", we're rating Jotaro. This is something that hasn't come up much for Multiversus but is a constant for Smash Speculation: rotating casts, how I miss thee. I'm not overly familiar with JJBA but it seems like Jotaro is among the most popular characters in the series, albeit facing competition from Dio, Giorno, and other Jojos. He's probably the frontrunner, but once again there's enough wiggle room for me to dock a few points.

Want: Abstain. What's a jojo.

#PlantGang

Chance - 50%. This is a complex one! Little Shop of Horrors seems like it should get a character, it's a classic 80's pseudo-horror movie , and we already know that we're getting a Gremlins rep so we know that there's an audience for that . It's also has a legacy before that (it had a movie in 1960 and a Broadway musical) and potential going forward (a reboot is in development, with Scarlett Johansson as Audrey II), so it's not quite a one-trick pony. That being said, at the moment it's not particularly relevant and the remake is in development hell (not even because of the chicanery going on with Warner, this was going on well before that) so it's up in the air if it happens anytime soon. There's also the small problem that Audrey is a plant. Now don't take me as a chlorophobe, look at my profile picture, but there are certain feasibility issues when it comes to putting one in a fighting game, chief among them being how they really don't move. Maybe it could be mostly immobile, but with a move that has Seymour pick him up and move him? Pirahna Plant circumvented that in Smash, but I'm not sure if that method would really work for Audrey - and talking about the flytrap in the room, maybe Audrey would be too similar? Multiversus has done a good job of keeping it's roster really distinct from Smash, I'm not sure if they would be up to do a character that's so similar to one in the other game? I would be down for an Audrey redo in about a year, it would give me some time to think it over.

Want - Abstain. What's a shop.

Noms: Steven Universe x5, Guy Fieri x the rest.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Good Grief "Yare Yare Daze""
Jotaro Kujo
His Theme: Stardust Crusaders
50%: Jotaro is the main character of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders, the series was requested by the Multiversus Fans Since the game was even announced and it's one of the few anime Warner has produced that could potentially make it in the game first before Dragon Ball & One Piece.

I rated this to 50% due to Warner not really owning Jojo and would require to ask Shonen to use the rights, game rights? apparently Namco owns the rights to Jojo but i heard it might be tricky to get.

60%: I'm not too familiar with Jotaro, but i did play as him in Jump Force and thought he looked cool, his moveset's nice though i would've expect more out of him, maybe this is how he'd fight in Multiversus somehow though i like his design a lot more.

"Feed Me, Feed Me, Feed Me. Feed Me, Seymour"
Audrey II
It's Theme: Mean Bean Mother
50%: Little Shop of Horrors is a pretty well known iconic to media as well as Horror, it was first made by Roger Corman as a Horror Comedy then would later get a new film based on a broadway musical which gave the story a lot of attention.

Though as KingofMoths pointed out the series isn't fully owned by Warner Bros. so they might be some permissions they'd need to get in order to use Audrey & the fact that Little Shop of Horrors seems irrelevant nowadays however i would potentially see that not being an issue for an icon of media.

Abstain: I never watched Little Shop of Horrors, just a few small clips of Audrey II as well as some other things i've seen related to it(The Little Shop of Horros Animated Series(That's a Thing), Someone pointing out Mother Brain's Voice from Captain N, and a video called A Formula for Heartache with a Piranha Plant having Audrey's Voice).

Though admittedly Audrey II being a fighter would sound pretty cool but i'm not sure if they'd willing make a copy of Piranha Plant, i'm sure i'm just worrying.

Nominating
Mob x5
Courage x5

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Jotaro is getting a 20% carried entirely by the WB Japan stuff. Also Audrey would be hilarious but 0%.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Audrey II
Chance:
20%
Interesting! I think the game so far has shown that its not above picking certain versions of characters from certain properties, even adaptations. After all, the Game of Thrones characters aren't being added because they're from A Song Of Ice And Fire. And with rumors of certain other horror-comedy icons joining the fight, I think something as iconic as Audrey II has a real shot. Still, I place it comparatively low since the pool is so large. There are so many DC superheroes and Cartoon Network characters to add first. Not a bad thing, just trying to be realistic.

Want: 99%
The only reason it's less than 100% is because whenever I make a horror fighting game roster I always choose Seymour as the rep, with Audrey appearing in supers, and I love the idea of an accidental fighter rather than a full on aggressive one. Still, wow, Audrey II would be amazing! He's a huge alien plant monster with a boatload of charisma and a ton of potential gameplay-wise. He could start small and grow as the fight goes on, or he could start large and start making clones and extra sprouts...lots of cool stuff you could do.

Plus, personally, I love horror and I love musicals. Sweeney Todd is a most-wanted, after all. And let me tell you, Little Shop Of Horrors is amazing! The musical is great, the original black-and-white film is great, but the thing that takes the cake is the Director's Cut of the musical movie. The puppet work and music are absolutely amazing and the director's cut restores the original depressing and horrifying ending, an ending that makes the movie! The thing is, it's a satire! It's supremely anti-capitalist, a satire of the Cabbage Patch Doll craze of the 80s, of consumerism, of excess, of the Eisenhower-era "perfect" Americana. It's so mean, so vicious, so intense, and so funny, and it turns it from a great movie into a must-watch.

Jotaro Kujo
Chance:
2%
I struggle to rate him super highly because despite the WB connection I think we're a long way away from any anime content and even then I think they'd go for Goku first...but JJBA IS extremely popular and recognizable. It's arguably one of the most recent huge cultural bastions when it comes to anime, along with My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan. There's moveset potential, pop culture impact, meme potential (which is in and of itself a part of pop culture impact), and definitely some interest. Still, I dunno, I just think it's tough to see at this stage in the game. Give it a year or two and I'll rate JJBA in general higher.

Want: 20%
I like JJBA enough, mostly parts 4 and 6. I think the artstyle and powers are super unique and would be fun to see in this game. I'm all for expanding the crossover with bizarre picks. But I'm not particularly in love with any JJBA...thing. He's no Luffy (I wish I had remembered to rate him - I could've gushed about that manga for days) but he's recognizable as the hero of what is many peoples' favorite part. I like him for the spectacle but that's about it.

Nominations: The Gilmore Girls xMax

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pennywise
Chance: 68.75%
Want: 80.71%

Kyoko Sakura
Chance: 2.36%
Want: 50.83%

Noms List

75+

50-74
Gone With the Wild content x70
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x65
Sailor Moon x51

25-49
Larry David x40
Mob x40
Courage x40
Naruto x40
Jason Voorhees x35
The Doctor x35
Jolyne Cujoh x32
The Mask x32
Marceline x30
Shao Kahn x30
Tetsuo Shima x30
Haruko Haruhara x30
Guy Fieri x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
The Gilmore Girls x24
John Gotti x20
Sesame Street content x20
Sheldon Cooper x15
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Lion (Animal Planet) x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Sayaka Miki x10
Huey Freeman x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x5
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Jotaro gets a chance score of....to be continued

Just kidding

Chance: 25%

Id give him roughly the same chances as Dio. He makes a lot of sense to be the 1st rep and JoJo in general is huge these days, what with all the memes and such. It's an IP that I can totally see getting into this game considering everything, plus Warner Bros distributes JoJo material in Japan. Now to be fair the target audience for MultiVersus is westerners and I'm not sure if we'll get a ton of anime characters. But you can certainly make a case for JoJo with its immense popularity and I wouldn't be surprised if its on the devs' minds.

Want: 80%

I've only seen one episode so I'm mostly familiar with JoJo via memes and out of context videos. I do want to get more into it someday as its up my alley due to all the bat**** insane stuff that happens on this show. Plus JoJo makes too much sense for this kind of game with all the wacky scenarios you can come up with.

How about two jokes?

"Where's my steamed hams humans Seymour?

little biollante

What started out as a bet that Roger Corman could shoot a film in two days became a cult classic film. The film, Little Shop of Horrors, was a 1960 dark comedy film that became popular enough to get an 80's remake that became a musical. Audrey is a big, man-eating plant who has a wild personality and absolutely steals the show. I think they'll certainly be the rep for the IP. Now would Warner Bros go for something like LIttle Shop of Horrors? Yes I do. I think the confirmation of Stripe really helps out Audrey as both LSoH and Gremlins are 80's horror/comedy flicks. Now I get that Gremlins is more appealing because it's getting an upcoming animated series on HBO Max and a third film is looking likely. As for Little Shop of Horrors, according to Wikipedia there has been talks of a remake but as of May 2021 the film has been indefinitely suspended.

Still though, Gremlins does open the gate for Audrey and with Iron Giant on the roster as well, that bodes well for more niche characters.

Want: 60%

It's been so long since I've seen Little Shop of Horrors but I'll give it a 60 because I remember both of the films being quite fun and Audrey would certainly offer some funny dialogue. I think getting more picks of this nature would be great.

Noms:
Jason x5
The Mask x5

Day over.

Rate Grim from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, as well as Steve Urkel from Family Matters.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to befriend the grim reaper:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to ask if you did something wrong:

KingOfMoths

Smash Rookie
E-Rated Ryuk:

Chance: 10%

When faced with the idea of putting Grim in Multiversus, there exist three main issues with him that drag his chances down quite heavily. The first of these changes is to do with his status on CN, as while Billy and Mandy did enjoy some status in the limelight, it ultimately didn't gain the success some of its 2000s brethren enjoyed. This would be a situation that would be a difficult enough place to put any non-major CN show rep, but this issue is compounded by the fact Grim would have to fight for the first rep of his show with Billy and Mandy themselves, something that could leave him sidelined in the end. Despite these difficulties, due to the unique qualities Grim presents, these wouldn't be enough to totally destroy their chances of getting into the game as a legacy rep... if it wasn't for an odd quirk Warner has in regards to the series' creator. For some unknown reason, as explained by the creator themselves, Warner has actively refused to work with them on anything since the show's conclusion, with this extending to show concepts on both Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. While it is unknown how exactly the rest of Warner would feel about adding content made by them in things (seeing how CN and Adult Swim are managed by the same people), looking at the pattern paints a dire image when it comes to Grim's chances, with any attempt made by PFG being one of the few things I could see Warner shooting down entirely. While it is possible that Warner's attitude has changed since their decision, with the obscure nature of the statement by the creator of the show in regards to why Warner has a bone to pick with them, I can't see them being exactly gung-ho with collaborating with them again anytime soon.

Want: 30%

I lack any real attachment towards Billy and Mandy, but I still that, from what I seen, Grim presents himself as a character with a lot of good interaction potential. Partial to his CN origins, his goofy personality and the comedic take on his normally dire status would make for some good dialogue, be the characters he interacts with scared of facing Death himself or amused by him not being some foreboding omen of mortality. As for his actual playstyle, we don't get scythe-users in fighting games often, so the ability to use that already sets him as a unique character. With this and his dark powers, his moveset would make for one I find to be aesthetically pleasing, and quite cool to see in motion. These qualities allow him to be far more interesting than the two ankle-biters he drags around, and overall present him as a character who would fight quite differently from the CN reps we have in the game at present.

Yes, we did that:

While the roster of Multiversus is quite diverse in the terms of genre, one of the areas PFG has yet to touch upon is the realm of sitcoms. With their unique environment (usually set in completely normal, human environments) and method of storytelling (allowing for the blending of comedy with some elements of seriousness) compared to other forms of media, Warner has been no stranger to capitalizing off the sitcom market, creating several highly popular shows in the process of doing so. In this field, arguably one of the largest successes was that of Family Matters, both in terms of success in business (running for ten seasons across nine years) and success within pop culture (earning or being nominated for multiple awards during its airing, and notably serving as a vocal point towards the African-American community). This success is something that has managed to continue in some form or another into the modern day, with the show having some online presence (albeit mainly in memes), and a holiday special is being actively planned to air later this year, showing interest on Warner's end to honor its legacy. For the character chosen to represent the series, what is likely to be the first choice to cross PFG's mind is that of Steve Urkel, with the character uniquely rising from a minor side-character to usurping Carl's role as the main protagonist. Likely to serve as the joke character for the game alongside Velma, there exists some level of pull towards the idea of adding Urkel to the game, be it linked to the show's fanbase or to create an unexpected, fun addition to the game. That being said, there does exist some concerns I have with their chances, with these being linked to the show overall not being amazingly relevant in the modern day (a holiday special isn't exactly something wonderous), the fact their addition may be seen as redundant when compared to Velma, and the fact Jaleel White himself would cause some oddities to occur in regards to their image (as while using his image as a teenager wouldn't be too out there, VA work would likely have to be done by someone else due to White's age). However, these problems ultimately aren't too major of issues to be faced with, leaving Urkel as someone who, while likely to not be a priority by the developers, ultimately is someone I could see the devs adding in order to appeal to the market for 80s/90s nostalgia, especially with the Iron Giant and Stripe getting in under similar enough circumstances.

Want: 10%

Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of adding sitcom characters to a game like this. I can understand the appeal, for sure, as the mere idea of having a character like Urkel in a fighting game at all is quite entertaining. However, the only thing Urkel really has in that field is that entertainment, leaving him as a joke character that faces competition from a million other options for an oddball pick for PFG to add. Combine this with the lack of familiarity I have with the show and how any moveset potential Urkel has could easily be used by similar characters, and I can't bring myself to be very excited about the prospect of adding Urkel to the game, especially in regards to how much competition there is to adding other joke reps.

Noms:

Shao Khan- 10x
Tetsuo Shima- 10x

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Steve Urkel

Grim
Chance- 45%
His series was fairly popular on Cartoon Network out of the series made in 2000s. The issue with Grim is his pretty much competing against Gumball, Ben 10, Mordecai/Rigby whose series are big hitters in Cartoon Network as well.

Want- 0%
Billy and Mandy was actually my absolute least favourite series. So I would rather not have someone from that series.

Noms
Sailor Moon- x5

D

Deleted member

Keeper of the Reaper
Chance - 40%
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was a pretty popular show for its time. Starting as a series of shorts on Grim and Evil, the series became known for its weird and offbeat, sometimes boundary pushing humor, running from 2003 till 2007, having three TV movies, one of which was a crossover with Codename Kids Next Door and the other a pilot for an unmade spin off. The series was well received, winning awards. But the problem is that it's been a while since it ended. It's not a hot new thing anymore. All of the CN picks in our current roster are characters from modern shows. And even if / when they do start dipping into older properties there's still other picks like Ben 10, the Powerpuff Girls, the Eds, Samurai Jack and more, who a Billy and Mandy rep would have to contend with. Plus, Grim also faces competition with Billy and Mandy themselves. The above fact about Maxwell Adams is pretty interesting. Considering how little we know about the situation I don't think I can really factor it in here. It's worth noting that there was apparently some data for a scythe user in the files (correct me if this was proven false), though this could just as easily be for RWBY'S Ruby Rose or Steven Universe's Spinel, if anything.

Want - 85%
Billy and Mandy was my favorite (CN) cartoon growing up. I was a stupid kid who found all the gross out stuff funny. I'd be down with the duo themselves. But I think Grim is actually the way more interesting option. He's the Grim Reaper! It's not hard to imagine how he'd play, and he's just a very funny character. He'd have some great interactions with characters on the case.

Did he do that?
Chance - 60%
This rating may seem pretty high to some. But I genuinely don't think this is impossible. Steve Urkel, portrayed byJaleel White, was introduced in the show Family Matters. Originally intended to be a one and done character, Urkel became so popular that he became a reccurring character, and eventualy took over the show. He actually saved the show from canceltion at the time. The character became an iconic part of American pop culture. He appeared on merch and in advertising, and even crossed over into other shows. He even invented his own dance. Unlike a sitcom like Friends or Seinfeld, Urkel isn't actually that illfitting for this game's brand of cartoon violence. The Urkel era of Family Matters introduced crazy inventions such as Time Machines, Clonining Machines, Jetpacks and even Robotic versions of Urkel. This ridiculousnsss would lend itself well to this game's brand of chaos. WB put out a Scooby Doo episode with Urkel, with Jaleel White reprising his role, fairly recently. So they clearly still see something in the character. I wouldn't say it's the most likely pick , but with roumors of Ted Lasso, I don't think this pick is as unlikely as some may think.

Want - 50%
I've never really seen Family Matters. As a 20 something from the UK, it was never a show I was ever really exposed to. But even I know Urkel. I definitely think he would be a funny joke pick, but one who actually deserves it. There's definitely enough stuff to pull from for a moveset. I'm not begging for him to be added or anything, but I think it would be genuinely kinda great if he did get in.

Noms to
Huey Freeman (The Boondocks)
Chowder (Chowder)

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Reaper has a Jamaican Accent. I like it:

Chance: 60%

Grim comes from the show "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" a show in which two children get control of the Grim Reaper in a limbo contest. The character then has to deal with Billy's stupidity and Mandy's uh... Mandyness. (poor Grim). The show was a decently success, spawning it's own 3D fighting game and appearing in many crossover works of the era. Today, the show is on HBO Max (surviving the second purge happening this week affecting many popular shows such as Infinity Train) and is frequently mentioned in anniversary tweets. That said, there are a ton of recent shows that can be used instead, plus competition from other shows of its time (particularly the other Cartoon Cartoons). That said, Grim does stand at better odds than at least half of the Cartoon Cartoons (not counting Grim & Evil for obvious reasons).

A chance to play as the Grim Reaper sounds amazing. Especially since he can use more than his scythe. For example, he has many other supernatural objects, such as the wishbone and if he really needs too, he can summon Billy and Mandy to assist with a move or two. Although I would prefer the to children in as their own fighter, having them show up would be just as good.

Now if you wanna do the Steve Urkel Dance, all you have to do is hitch up your pants:

Chance: 40%

Steve Urkel is a character from the show "Family Matters". Although he was a side character, he quickly became one of the most prominent characters in the show thanks to his quirky attitude. He managed to appear in a ton of works outside the show such as "Scooby Doo and Guess Who?". Now with that going for him he has a few drawbacks. First although the character is popular the show is not the most popular sitcom right now. That belongs to a myriad of shows such as "Big Bang Theory" and "Friends". So Urkel faces some stiff competition, but he has popularity to help him get through it.

I never saw Family Matters but Urkel still remains a great addition. He could incorporate some of his iconic lines such as "Did I do that?" into his moveset and he could even do the Urkel as a victory pose. And even if he gets shafted to announcer role, he still could be a great announcer with his witty commentary.

Noms: All to Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory)

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'll be abstaining from rating Steve Urkel. You can probably guess why.

Hey it's The Ghost and Molly McGee's grandfather the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy!

Chances- 15%

It's not looking good for the Jamaican grim reaper. Lets get this out of the way; The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was a very popular 2000s Cartoon Network show. The thing is there were other popular shows around that time. That includes Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, and Ben 10. Besides the STEEP competition, I recall hearing that Grim's creator had a falling out with WB in general though I could wrong on that front. With the shakeup due to the WB/Discovery merger, Grim's chances at gettin into MultiVerses are quite slim.

Want- 80%

I'm quite fond of this show as I grew up with The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy. I felt bad for Grim as he has to stay with Billy and Mandy after losing a wager. His magical powers would make an interesting moveset for MultiVerses. I would be quite happy if Grim did make it into the roster.

My noms:
The Doctor (Doctor Who) x10
Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica) x5

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"We All Have to Go Sometimes.....to the bathroom that is"
Grim
His Theme: Main Theme/Billy & Mandy The Game Main Menu
Alt Theme: In the Land of the Dead
49%: Grim is from one of the most if not most well known Cartoon Network shows of all time, it was popular back in the 2000's era appearing in some crossovers including the one they had with the Kids Next Door, is notable in lots of commercials with all the characters, and is still being shown in place such as HBO Max.

Sure it might be competing against more requested CN series such as Regular Show and Powerpuff Girls it's still a series that would still get in to the game, the only glaring issue would be the whole event that happened with Maxwell Atoms & if Warner Brothers was also responsible with it.

60%: I've seen Billy & Mandy, not much impression but i do consider it important to Cartoon Network

I think Grim would be a good character to play, i remember how he played in Punch Time Explosion & they could adapt his moveset there however there are other stuff in the show that'll make him standout a lot more, i would prefer to see him accompany with Billy & Mandy but i fine with the idea of them being seperate from him.

"Did i Dooooo That?~"
Steve Urkel
His Theme: The Urkel Dance
Abstain: I've never watched Family Matters but i am familiar with hearing about Steve Urkel & Am Aware of the Scooby-Doo! Crossover, though i think he'd be a good character to represent the sitcom side of Warner.

Nominating
Mob x5
Courage x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
David Zaslav

Chance - 30%. Billy and Mandy is in an interesting, albeit not beneficial, position. It's an older CN show, which isn't a particularly ideal trait at the moment. While the other branches of the company are having their classic characters that have been around for decades being added, Cartoon Network has only seen characters from 2010 or later, and the leaks don't see that changing, unless you want to count Raven and Static for their TV shows and not the comics. While obviously this is a barrier that'll be broken eventually, Billy and Mandy aren't exactly in the front of the list when it comes to series from the era, with characters like Dexter, Samurai Jack, the Powerpuff Girls, and Johnny Bravo likely to be added first. Grim also faces competition from the titular main characters of his show. It's not impossible he gets added, but I don't know if I would bet on it.

Want - Abstain. I haven't watched this show.

"I am unsure if I, Steven Quincy Urkel, was the one who perpetrated a humorous and quirky act!"

Chance - 25%. This is another one I really don't know how to rank. The whole Family Matters/Steve Urkel mania was a bit before my time, when I think of Jaleel White I think of Sonic the Hedgehog (via old DVDs). I think that's an interesting situation, because I can't be alone in this: I have to imagine that most people born after the year 2000 have never really watched Family Matters, and only know of Steve Urkel via pop culture osmosis (and people from non-American countries, regardless of age, might be unfamiliar with it as well). Adding Urkel would really only appeal to boomers, and I'm not sure how many characters they want for that market. Furthermore, unlike other sitcom stars of the 90's (such as Will Smith and Jerry Seinfeld), White hasn't done much since FM ended, which hurts his iconicity further. Lastly, Family Matters isn't really associated with Warner, while I believe they own the series the show never aired on their channel, and it was even produced by Sony for the first few seasons. A few weeks ago I would have given him a bit of a higher score though, for reasons I might get into later. The short version is that the AT&T Warner regime loved to milk their back catalog, and they were beginning to glance towards Family Matters. Jaleel returned to voice Urkel in a Scooby Doo movie a few years back, and he also used the character to advertise a cannabis strain he was selling (which really threw me for a loop while I was researching), which I have to imagine required Warner to at least discretely sign off on. However, the Zaslav era has been trademarked by bringing a blowtorch to all but the most iconic pieces of the Warner catalog, which hurts the chances of a decidedly throwback character.

Want - Abstain. Like I said, I'm not very familiar with Steve Urkel. I wouldn't mind his inclusion at all though, because it opens up a door to a lot of really wacky choices.

Noms: SU x 5, Guy Fieri x the rest

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Abstaining on both because I don't have the energy to write much but Urkel would be hilarious. Family Matters was a show that started as a normal sitcom and then went utterly bonkers into this completely ridiculous sci-fi...thing. Urkel was always at the center of it and it's because of his wild inventions that the show went so hard off the rails. He has an evil clone named Stevil. He's built plenty of robots. He ends the show lost in space. He built a time machine once. This used to be a really normal sitcom but it just gets weirder and weirder that by the time season 8 rolls around you have no idea what's going on. It's one of the craziest things I've ever seen happen to a TV show. Anyway, just wanted to get my thoughts in.

Nominations: The Gilmore Girls xMax

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oops, I did it again

Chance: 15%
Family Matters being owned by WB is basically all I needed to know. Family Matters as a show might not have much appeal these days (sitcoms tend to age poorly) but Urkel certainly has. Originally just the comedic relief side character, his popularity convinced the powers that be to turn him into the main character and rework the show around his persona. To this day he survives in the cultural conscience as a prime example of how to take a joke too far. He is a meme, but hey, better to be remembered.

I imagine a sitcom character is an idea being thrown around. Who could resist? Sitcoms by their nature are grounded, making the leap to a platform fighter is an inherently funny contrast. Urkel lends himself better to the idea than most as he is pretty much a living cartoon and would be easier to envision doing wacky videogame stuff than, say, Chandler. Still, I think whoever becomes the first sitcom rep will depend mostly on demand, and while Urkel is uniquely positioned to get that demand, we're far from a place where there's a clear frontrunner. Or WB could mandate their cash cow Sheldon Cooper, who would admittedly work very well.

I ****ing love this idea and I never saw an episode of Family Matters. It would just be incredibly funny and that's all I have to say.

Elon Musk's girlfriend right?

Chance: 7%
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was a Cartoon Network show in the 2000s. In my experience, it was the ****, with everyone watching it and quoting jokes and lines from it. Kids do like their gross out humor I guess. Still, for whatever reason, it didn't really stick with people. I don't see anyone waxing nostalgic about it, at least not to the degree of other shows of its time. Still, it is iconic and remembered so it could stand to get a rep. There's just a long line of CN characters who would likely get there first. Also, while Grim is the frontrunner imo (he's the Grim Reaper and wields a scythe, you don't have to be a visionary to think how he'd fight) he isn't a lock by any means, as both Billy and Mandy are popular and could have a moveset worked out if the devs were so inclined.

Want: 0%
Hated this show. Spooky stuff wasn't my thing, and neither was gross out humor. So many of the jokes in this show seemed to rely on farts or boogers. No thanks.

Noms: Gone with the Wind

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jotaro Kujo
Chance: 27.33%
Want: 75.63%

Audrey II
Chance: 39%
Want: 77.25%

Noms List

75+

50-74
Gone With the Wild content x70
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x70
Sailor Moon x56
Naruto x50

25-49
Guy Fieri x45
Mob x45
Courage x45
The Gilmore Girls x44
Larry David x40
Shao Kahn x40
Tetsuo Shima x40
Haruko Haruhara x40
The Doctor x40
Jason Voorhees x40
The Mask x37
Jolyne Cujoh x32
Marceline x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
Huey Freeman x20
Sayaka Miki x20
Sheldon Cooper x15
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Lion (Animal Planet) x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Where's me scythe?

Chance: 20%

I don't have a lot to say about the show itself. It's one of the many 2000's CN cartoons that gained some level of popularity, but is ultimately stuck in a crowded selection with some stiff competition like the Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10. As for Warner Bros not wanting to work with the creator anymore, I wouldn't know anything about that. But what I do know is that Grim, as well as Billy and Mandy did make it into Punch Time Explosion, which was several years after the show ended so I don't think that's a hurdle. Speaking of PTE, it shows that Billy and Mandy do have some moveset potential if they wanted to go in that direction. Now I do agree with the majority that Grim is more of a cooler and obvious pick for the fighter. But I have to acknowledge the slim chance of the kids getting in instead.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy is one of the many, many Cartoon Network shows I grew up with. While I didn't find the gross out or much of the dark comedy to be funny, it did keep me entertained with the imaginative and creepy stories. I am a horror fan after all, always have been. So when you have stuff like evil trees, haunted mansions, evil giant chickens, and various monsters....and overall just a bunch of creepy and random **** going on in your show, my interest is piqued. Oh yeah, and Grim is the grim reaper, that's always cool.

Of course you did that Urkel, it's always you

Chance: 30%

Compared to other sitcom characters, Steve Urkel stands out by being essentially a cartoon character and became so popular that he went from being a side character to overthrowing the show. Heck, he goes to space near the end of the show. There is also an animated special coming out this year which ain't much, but it means that Warner Bros still has Urkel on their mind and with him being such a comedic and beloved character, it would be tempting to add him to their shiny new fighter. The only concern is getting the rights to the actor's likeness and while Jaleel White seems to be the type of guy who would be chill with having his famous character in the game, without knowing him and with no video game appearances to my knowledge, we can't know for certain.

Want: 60%

I was never into sitcoms, but even then I've known about Steve Urkel for a long time now. He's a classic character with meme potential and him being in a platform fighter is probably less weirder than some of the things he has pulled on the show. Overall he's not a character I'm begging for, but I'd happily take him.

Noms: Jason x15

Day over.

Rate Concept: Six Flags content, as well as Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle from the DC Comics.

Here are some videos to get into the amusement mood and to learn about the park's history with Warner Bros:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to pretend to be a beetle:

I posted videos about the various Blue Beetles, but we are specifically rating Jaime Reyes.

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Blue (Da Ba Dee)
Chance - 25%
This is an interesting one. While the Blue Beetle title has been around in DC comics forever. The Jamie Reyes verison is a more recent character, first appearing in 2006. He's became a pretty popular and recurring face. Appearing in cartoons, animated films, video games, an apperance in smallvile and a failed live action pilot. However, the reason I nominated this character was because of his currently in production movie. Starring Cobra Kai's Xolo Maridueña as the titular character, the film was orignaly planned for HBO Max before it was moved to a cinema release. They seemed to have some faith in it, with a lot of marketing hype about it being the first Latino led superhero movie. My feeling was that Jamie could perhaps act as a promotional character much like the recently confirmed Black Adam. However, the recent cancellation of Batgirl has put these things on shakey ground. The film is apparently currently still safe, with filming still going, though we all know that couldn't save Batgirl. No one quite knows what David Zaslav's new plan for DC is, or if there even is one, and I've heard multiple different contrasting roumors. It's possible this happens if the film comes out and is a hit, or if someone on the team just decides they want to ads him anyway. But the fierce competition with other DC characters and the current situation makes me unsure.

Want - 80%
I really like this character. I rememeber really liking his solo run and I am still pretty interested in his upcoming film. He's a cool character with a really interesting set of abilities that I think would be great in a platform fighter. Imagine if you mixed Iron Man and Spider-Man and threw a little tokusatsu in for good measure.

We Like to Party
Chance- 10%
Warner and Six Flags do seem to have a fairly strong partnership, with DC and Looney Tunes featuring pretty heavily at the parks. This is something I don't think the current leadership shake ups will change, as it probably makes them a whole ton of money. Will it get representation in this game, however? I'm not sure. The only real form I could see it taking would be a stage set at the parks, or maybe some cosmetic items. The only real Six Flags character I can think of would be the infamous Mr. Six, who has been retired since 2010. Its not impossible that they decide to tie into this partnership, but it's not something I really see.

Want - 20%
I guess a theme park stage could be pretty fun! I've never been to Six Flags as I'm not American and also not a huge theme park person. My only real exposure to this stuff is late night binging of theme park history videos, which I find oddly satisfying. It's not something I'm dying out for but it could potentially be pretty neat.

Noms to
  • Haruko Haruhara
  • Larry David

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Blue Skidoo, Jaime can too

Chance: 70%

Jaime is the main Blue Beetle of the modern era with him being used as a major side character in Batman: The Brave and the Bold and was picked for Injustice 2, being one of the earlier reveals for the game. He's also in Smallville and the time of his appearance was only 5 years after his debut in the comics so there's been an interest in pushing him for a while. His upcoming film is, in spite of Zaslav's power crazy killing spree, relatively safe as it's posited to be released in theatres which is apparently all this needed to be safe from getting shut down. With Multiversus factoring in potential promotions with the characters, Jaime has a solid shot of coming out around August of next year.

Jaime is a really fun, wonderful character and his power set is a lot of fun to work with. He's a geeky fanboy type of character so I'd love to see his interactions with other characters on the roster.

Noms:
All on Jolyne Cujoh

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Blue (Da Ba Dee)
Chance - 25%
This is an interesting one. While the Blue Beetle title has been around in DC comics forever. The Jamie Reyes verison is a more recent character, first appearing in 2006. He's became a pretty popular and recurring face. Appearing in cartoons, animated films, video games, an apperance in smallvile and a failed live action pilot. However, the reason I nominated this character was because of his currently in production movie. Starring Cobra Kai's Xolo Maridueña as the titular character, the film was orignaly planned for HBO Max before it was moved to a cinema release. They seemed to have some faith in it, with a lot of marketing hype about it being the first Latino led superhero movie. My feeling was that Jamie could perhaps act as a promotional character much like the recently confirmed Black Adam. However, the recent cancellation of Batgirl has put these things on shakey ground. The film is apparently currently still safe, with filming still going, though we all know that couldn't save Batgirl. No one quite knows what David Zaslav's new plan for DC is, or if there even is one, and I've heard multiple different contrasting roumors. It's possible this happens if the film comes out and is a hit, or if someone on the team just decides they want to ads him anyway. But the fierce competition with other DC characters and the current situation makes me unsure. I think he'd be fun.

Want - 80%
I really like this character. I rememeber really liking his solo run and I am still pretty interested in his upcoming film. He's a cool character with a really interesting set of abilities that I think would be great in a platform fighter. Imagine if you mixed Iron Man and Spider-Man and threw a little tokusatsu in for good measure.

We Like to Party
Chance- 10%
Warner and Six Flags do seem to have a fairly strong partnership, with DC and Looney Tunes featuring pretty heavily at the parks. This is something I don't think the current leadership shake ups will change, as it probably makes them a whole ton of money. Will it get representation in this game, however? I'm not sure. The only real form I could see it taking would be a stage set at the parks, or maybe some cosmetic items. The only real Six Flags character I can think of would be the infamous Mr. Six, who has been retired since 2010. Its not impossible that they decide to tie into this partnership, but it's not something I really see.

Want - 20%
I guess a theme park stage could be pretty fun! I've never been to Six Flags as I'm not American and also not a huge theme park person. My only real exposure to this stuff is late night binging of theme park history videos, which I find only satisfying. It's not something I'm dying out for but it could potentially be pretty neat.

Noms to
  • Haruko Haruhara
  • Hewy Freeman
  • Dream of the Endless (just finished the brilliant TV adaption of Neil Gaiman's Sandman)
Are we allowed to nominate three characters/series?

Anyways

Techno Music Plays
Six Flags
Theme Park's Theme: We Like to Party by The Vengaboys
30%: I wasn't completely aware of the connections Warner Brothers had with Six Flags, if the theme park is that popular then it would be unknowing for the crew or the company to put it in the game in some form, the only question ask from me is would they consider Six Flags in the game.

There are some ideas that could work for Six Flags besides using a character, since BMO and Lady Rainicorn are getting announcer voices without being playable this slowly opens the door for more non playable representation for Multiversus.

59%: I'd love to see Six Flags in the game if only to get the We Like to Party Song, though i'm not sure what ideas would there be for stages and a stage would probably be a good way to go, though the music itself if it were to be added would have to be remixed if they manage to get it in.

"Blue Beetle, Coming 'Atcha"
Blue Beetle
His Theme: Blue Beetle Theme by BlueSnowGhost
Alt Theme: Blue Beetle from DC Showcase
60%: I could see Blue Beetle getting in to commemorate the movie or at the very least get in after the movie(box office results vary), the multiversus may very well also add him for moveset potential if they find it impressive enough aswell though if the movies coming out next year they might work on him to promote the film.

59%: While i've never got to know Blue Beetle all that well(My First Time Seeing him was in Batman: The Brave and The Bold) reading about his abilities makes me interesting in him as a playable character a bit and since i'm a blue color lover i do like his armor.

Nominations(One Last Push)
Mob X5
Courage X5

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yes you can. You can allocate your noms however you want. Just know that if you plan on nominating 3+ things at the same time, it's going to take longer for those characters/concepts to be locked in. But do what you want.
i see, perhaps i'll try that next time since i have three nominations i want to offer on the thread.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Grim
Chance: 30.67%
Want: 51.88%

Steve Urkel
Chance: 32.5%
Want: 64%

Noms List

75+
Gone With the Wild content x90
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x75

50-74
Sailor Moon x61
Guy Fieri x55
Jason Voorhees x55
The Gilmore Girls x54
Naruto x50
Shao Kahn x50
Tetsuo Shima x50
The Doctor x50
Mob x50
Courage x50

25-49
Larry David x40
Haruko Haruhara x40
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Jolyne Cujoh x32
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25
Sayaka Miki x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Lion (Animal Planet) x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Chowder x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

KillerCage

Smash Master
Going to abstain from rating either Blue Beetle or a Six Flags rep. The former is due to my burnout on rating DC characters. There is only so much I can talk about them without repeating myself. As for the latter, that's due to my unfamiliarity with the brand.

My noms:
The Doctor (Doctor Who) x5
Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica) x5

Top Bottom