• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Grim
Chance: 30.67%
Want: 51.88%

Steve Urkel
Chance: 32.5%
Want: 64%

Noms List

75+
Gone With the Wild content x90
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x75

50-74
Sailor Moon x61
Guy Fieri x55
Jason Voorhees x55
The Gilmore Girls x54
Naruto x50
Shao Kahn x50
Tetsuo Shima x50
The Doctor x50
Mob x50
Courage x50

25-49
Larry David x40
Haruko Haruhara x40
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Jolyne Cujoh x32
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25
Sayaka Miki x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
Sesame Street content x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Lion (Animal Planet) x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Chowder x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x5
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1
Okay, I'm confused with the nominees scores when were those numbers for Sailor Moon and the rest in the 50-74 list added? i didn't see anyone rate their chances(Besides Jason, The Doctor was after this post)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
They should totally add a seventh flag for good luck

Six Flags is a theme park company that owns several amusement parks and water parks located all throughout the US, Canada and Mexico. From what I gather, it owns the exclusive theme park rights to several WB properties such as DC Comics and Looney Tunes. Warner Bros. used to be pretty invested in them, owning a sizeable chunk of their shares, though they've long since divested. I've never been to one, but I do talk to a lot of theme park fans, and have heard a lot of criticism regarding this arrangement, seeing the rides as incredibly cheap and holding DC back from having theme park experiences comparable to Marvel's or Harry Potter's, so it doesn't seem like Six Flags is a fan favorite. I also don't know what the park would have to offer in terms of content, beyond the Six Flags guy from the ads (which... would be random) or a stage taking place on the park itself. It's synergetic I guess but for something that would require licensing I don't see it as very exciting. Still, never say never, maybe they would make it super cheap or do it for free in exchange for the mercy of David Zaslav (that dude would probably break any contract and intimidate you into compliance if he thought he could). I'll give it a 1% chance.

Want gets a 0%. It just looks... kinda lame? Like, no shade, not every theme park needs to be Disney World. Sometimes you just wanna ride a rollercoaster. But to be something that has to get me excited about its inclusion in a crossover fighting game... then yeah, to do that, you'd have to be Disney World level. I've no personal connection or nostalgia here to make it worth it to me.

Also uh apparently one of the Six Flags is the Confederate Flag? Yikes, maybe consider rebranding.

Kamen Rider Kouchuu

Chance: 90%
Before this week I would've gotten deep into the history of the Blue Beetle mantle and Jaime specifically. I would've talked about the character's appearances in adaptations and broken down the ratio of Ted Kord vs. Jaime being him, made the case that Jaime has become the de facto Blue Beetle in one of those rare cases where the "main" incarnation isn't the original.

But, well, Black Adam got into MultiVersus to coincide with his movie. So that kind of shifted tides from "this very much could happen!" to "oh this is HAPPENING".

Like, I know Dwayne Johnson is the only major star/producer still willing to work with the DCEU these days, and thus likely wields the pull that it takes to make this happen. But still, consider how weird this is! The roster of DC characters consists of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, and... Black Adam? Before the Joker, before Flash, Aquaman or Green Lantern, before freaking Captain Marvel! This, to me, sends a clear message that they're leaning heavily into movie tie ins. Keep in mind that Black Adam's movie was supposed to release exactly one month ago before it was delayed for VFX reasons. This is prime tie-in timing. And it explains why they'd be saving the likes of Shazam, Aquaman, Batgirl, and Flash — they have movies coming out soon! Is this a done deal? No, Black Adam is perhaps a higher profile project than Blue Beetle with bigger stars, and also if completed movies can get canceled now then no project is safe until it's in front of our eyes (and then it goes on HBO Max and stops being safe because we live in the dumbest of dystopias). But yeah, full unabashed confidence in this that will in no way come back to bite me in the ass.

Want: 100%

Noms: I think I got 10, so I'll split them between two shows I just started today.
5 to Dream and 5 to House of the Dragon rep

Okay, I'm confused with the nominees scores when were those numbers for Sailor Moon and the rest in the 50-74 list added? i didn't see anyone rate their chances(Besides Jason, The Doctor was after this post)
Those aren't scores, they're the number of nominations they have to be rated in the future.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They should totally add a seventh flag for good luck

Six Flags is a theme park company that owns several amusement parks and water parks located all throughout the US, Canada and Mexico. From what I gather, it owns the exclusive theme park rights to several WB properties such as DC Comics and Looney Tunes. Warner Bros. used to be pretty invested in them, owning a sizeable chunk of their shares, though they've long since divested. I've never been to one, but I do talk to a lot of theme park fans, and have heard a lot of criticism regarding this arrangement, seeing the rides as incredibly cheap and holding DC back from having theme park experiences comparable to Marvel's or Harry Potter's, so it doesn't seem like Six Flags is a fan favorite. I also don't know what the park would have to offer in terms of content, beyond the Six Flags guy from the ads (which... would be random) or a stage taking place on the park itself. It's synergetic I guess but for something that would require licensing I don't see it as very exciting. Still, never say never, maybe they would make it super cheap or do it for free in exchange for the mercy of David Zaslav (that dude would probably break any contract and intimidate you into compliance if he thought he could). I'll give it a 1% chance.

Want gets a 0%. It just looks... kinda lame? Like, no shade, not every theme park needs to be Disney World. Sometimes you just wanna ride a rollercoaster. But to be something that has to get me excited about its inclusion in a crossover fighting game... then yeah, to do that, you'd have to be Disney World level. I've no personal connection or nostalgia here to make it worth it to me.

Also uh apparently one of the Six Flags is the Confederate Flag? Yikes, maybe consider rebranding.

Kamen Rider Kouchuu

Chance: 90%
Before this week I would've gotten deep into the history of the Blue Beetle mantle and Jaime specifically. I would've talked about the character's appearances in adaptations and broken down the ratio of Ted Kord vs. Jaime being him, made the case that Jaime has become the de facto Blue Beetle in one of those rare cases where the "main" incarnation isn't the original.

But, well, Black Adam got into MultiVersus to coincide with his movie. So that kind of shifted tides from "this very much could happen!" to "oh this is HAPPENING".

Like, I know Dwayne Johnson is the only major star/producer still willing to work with the DCEU these days, and thus likely wields the pull that it takes to make this happen. But still, consider how weird this is! The roster of DC characters consists of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, and... Black Adam? Before the Joker, before Flash, Aquaman or Green Lantern, before freaking Captain Marvel! This, to me, sends a clear message that they're leaning heavily into movie tie ins. Keep in mind that Black Adam's movie was supposed to release exactly one month ago before it was delayed for VFX reasons. This is prime tie-in timing. And it explains why they'd be saving the likes of Shazam, Aquaman, Batgirl, and Flash — they have movies coming out soon! Is this a done deal? No, Black Adam is perhaps a higher profile project than Blue Beetle with bigger stars, and also if completed movies can get canceled now then no project is safe until it's in front of our eyes (and then it goes on HBO Max and stops being safe because we live in the dumbest of dystopias). But yeah, full unabashed confidence in this that will in no way come back to bite me in the ass.

Noms: I think I got 10, so I'll split them between two shows I just started today.
5 to Dream and 5 to House of the Dragon rep

Those aren't scores, they're the number of nominations they have to be rated in the future.
Oh, that sound strange though.

KingOfMoths

Smash Rookie
Six Sensational Streamers, Showcasing Spectacular Spins Supporting Speedy, Strip-Bound Streetcars:

Chance- 10%

Definitely an interesting idea, in terms of possible reps for this game. Regardless of what feels about the nature of their partnership, Six Flag has remained a consistent partner of the company for years, creating roller coasters based on some of their more iconic IPs. This partnership has remained even after Warner surrendered the ownership of the company, and seeing how the park chain is decently popular, I see it existing even as Discovery takes the reins of the company. As for the idea of content itself, I personally don't think PFG would majorly want to have a generally featureless mascot who hasn't been in an ad in over a decade, mainly as the idea of it wouldn't be too majorly exciting. This further complicates matters for Six Flags content as any rep the company gets would exist as third-party content, something that has tons and tons of other options that would draw in more hype from the fanbase. While I do think their enduring collaboration could result in something, the overall chance of that something is rather low.

Want- 15% for a playable character, 25% for a stage.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm a minority in this field to fellow Americans, but I have yet to actually go to a Six Flags location. Due to this, I lack the attachment some may have with the company, although I wouldn't put it past myself to visit one of their locations in the future. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea for a stage based on Six Flags, as the sight of seeing characters fight on top of a moving amusement park ride would be sick, and would probably be the closest thing this game we could get to Baki representation in this. Plus, the chance of hearing We Like to Party in a game like this would be hilarious. As for the idea of Mr. Six as a character, though, I personally am not a fan of it, mainly as it drifts too much into the realm of joke characters for me to be excited about it. Doesn't help matters that he is mainly a mascot first-and-foremost, as the idea of adding characters to the game that are purely meant to sell you something doesn't sit well with me.

Not Kamen Rider:

Chance- 75%

While I wouldn't consider them a mainstay of DC at this point, Blue Beetle has managed to become a consistently seen side character in their own right. In particular, Reyes has managed to defy the fates of the original two beetles, allowing him to remain relevant years after his creation. While Blue Beetle has consistently appeared in non-comic media ever since his inception, if you were to ask me about his chances a few months beforehand, I would have noted that due to his purpose often serving as a viewpoint into the more amateur side of heroism rather than a focal point of any major work, I would have noted a worry of his chances being diminished by far more notable, significant DC reps that PFG would likely go before first, overall driving Reyes' chances down. However, the fact that Blue Beetle is slated to receive his own live-action movie next year (something that was actually upgraded from the original plans of it being an HBO Max release, and something that seems to have dodged Zaslav's wrath), alongside the fact Multiversus is going the path of adding DC characters based on recent movie releases (see Black Adam), ultimately catapults the chances of Mexican Kamen Rider from the 40-50% range to the high place I put him at. These factors, combined with his unique powerset and potential appeal in creating a more diverse roster, overall makes him a strong DC option for PFG to add to the game within the next few years, giving the bug the day in the limelight he deserves. After all, everyone loves a good underdog, do we not?

Want- 85%

To me, the main draw for Blue Beetle is the fact he is so wildly different from the DC reps we have in the game thus far. When it comes to the DC characters we have in the game (outside of Harley and Static), many are legacy characters who have existed within the realm of DC for years, often being of the serious type with commonly seen abilities. Reyes adds a nice shakeup to this element of the game's roster, not only possessing a unique personality (in which he's still learning the ropes of being a hero, and is very much a teenager just trying to make his way in the world), but also a moveset rife with cool moves and potential for them thanks to the Scarab, be they shifting his arms into blades, blasters, or any manner of energy-based blows. As such, I think Reyes is a character that would not only fit within a game like Multiversus, but also be someone with a lot of unique pull to him. I live in the American southwest, so Mexican culture is something that has always existed in some form or another in my life, even as a Caucasian. As such, I am generally supportive of exploring that potential through the addition of characters like Reyes, characters that serve as emblems of their community in a fun, interesting way (although a certain other bug-like hero may eventually contest that, even at a turtle's pace and at a mouse's strength). Also helps that his character is largely an American take on the classic bug-man tokusatsu hero, an aesthetic I always had a liking to.

Noms:

Shao Khan- 10x
Tetsuo Shima- 10x

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

Chance - 25%. This is an odd one. From what I can tell, Warner doesn't own Six Flags (anymore), but they they still have a good relationship with them. If WBD/PFG came knocking, Six Flags would probably say yes. That being said, would Warner come knocking? Unlike the last time I used this rhetorical device, I don't really think so. Six Flags doesn't really have a mascot anymore, their previous guy (Mr. Six) seems to have been dishonorably discharged and we haven't seen a replacement since. I don't really think a character representative of Six Flags is happening. A stage is decidedly more on the table, but then we go back to the third party thing. Why go out of your way to get a stage without a character? Six Flags isn't even that intrinsically tied to the Warner experience. If there was a Disney platform fighter there would obviously be a stage for Disney World, but there just isn't as much of a need for a Six Flags stage even if it was still fully owned by the company. Also, for what it's worth, we don't have any stages without characters, but we do have plenty of the opposite (Looney Tunes, Game of Thrones, Iron Giant, etc.). I think the likeliest route to getting Six Flags content is if the collaboration goes both ways, Six Flags adds a ride based on Multiversus and the game adds a stage to promote the park. Even that's a bit unlikely, so the score stays low.

Want - 10%. I think this is the first time since I returned to the thread I'm not abstaining, who knew i had it in me. I'm not much of an amusement park person, so I wouldn't have much interest in seeing Six Flags content.

Chrysolina coerulans from the Animal Planet Franchise

Chance - 95%. I love Multiversus. it's a really well put together game that plays great, especially for the size of the development team. But at the end of the day, it's a glorified advertisement for WBD's projects, both past (via HBOMax) and future. I predict that basically every time a DC movie (or a high budget show like Peacemaker) is about to release, we're going to get a character to promote it. I was thinking it was going to happen anyways, but Black Adam being added within a few months of his movie's release sealed my doubts. And wouldn't you know it, a Blue Beetle movie is in active development! Blue Beetle isn't in any of the leaks, but given the scattershot release order of characters (characters like Morty, Adam, and Spike are being added soon while other characters with far more data remain in wait) and the release of the movie being about a year away I don't think it's an issue. Blue Beetle has plenty of moveset material and plenty of alternate costume potential, so it's not like it would be straining to add him or anything. Really, the only holdup is if Blue Beetle meets the same fate as Batgirl, something that is easy to worry about but I don't think is likely. While that movie and BB seem similar at first glance (movies originally intended for HBOmax but being granted a theatrical release), Batgirl was only gifted a theatrical release after being filmed (leaving it unsuitable for a theatrical release in Zaslav's 'mind') whereas Blue Beetle was given it's "promotion" before it started filming, allowing the director and cast to make the necessary changes before filming started. On the whole, I think Blue Beetle is in a very good position and we'll probably be playing as him this time next year (knock on wood)

Want - Abstain. Old reliable "abstain", how I missed you! I don't have a lot of experience with Blue Beetle, or DC as a whole. I'm much more of a Marvel nerd. My chance score writeup feels kind of cold - I don't have anything against the character or anything, I just don't have much of a personal touch to add so I stuck to the rather cynical analysis. He's probably a cool character, and if the movie is good I might check it out

Noms: Guy Fieri x5, generic Lion from Animal Planet x the rest

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Six Flags

Chance: 10%

I guess it's possible? Warner Bros does have history with Six Flags and there's always that cross-promotional aspect but overall this is something that I don't see as a priority. Plus there isn't many options of actually representing the park. You could go to Mr. Six, though he was phased out as the mascot over a decade ago. The best bet would probably be a stage based on the park but would Warner Bros bother getting the rights to a third party just for a stage? I kind of doubt it.

Want: 50%

An amusement park stage would make for a pretty cool stage. But even as an American, I never went to Six Flags (I've been to some amusements parks but was never a huge fan of them) and thus I have no connection to it. Whether or not this happens, it's no sweat off my back.

I would make a Kamen Rider joke but some people already took the opportunity

Chance: 70%

I think GoodGrief brings up a really good point. The fact that they introduced Black Adam first before several mainstay DC characters suggests that Warner Bros is really itching to advertise their live action films. And it just so happens that Jaime Reyes is getting his own live action movie next year. Assuming that nothing bad happens to the project like so many others recently, Reyes should be in a pretty good position to get into the game.

I'm not too familiar with Blue Beetle so I'm taking a neutral stance. There are a lot of DC characters I'm interested in, so it depends on how interesting they make his moveset.

Noms: Abstain

Day over.

Rate Concept: Gone With The Wild Content, as well as Concept: Another Steven Universe Rep.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to discuss a controversial classic film:

And here are some videos to get into the Steven Universe mood:

Noms List - Before Lockdown

75+

50-74
Sailor Moon x66
Shao Kahn x60
Tetsuo Shima x60
Guy Fieri x60
Jason Voorhees x55
Mob x55
Courage x55
The Doctor x55
The Gilmore Girls x54
Naruto x50
Larry David x50
Haruko Haruhara x50

25-49
Jolyne Cujoh x42
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Sayaka Miki x30
Lion (Animal Planet) x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Chowder x10
House of the Dragon rep x10
Dream (The Sandman) x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 86 - Concept: Gone With The Wild Content and Concept: Another Steven Universe Rep
Day 87 - Sailor Moon and Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
Day 88 - Tetsuo Shima (Akira) and Guy Fieri (Guy's Big Bite)
Day 89 - Jason Voorhees (Friday The 13th) and Mob (Mob Psycho 100)
Day 90 - Courage (Courage The Cowardly Dog) and The Doctor (Doctor Who)
Day 91 - The Gilmore Girls and Naruto Uzumaki
Day 92 - Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) and Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)

Noms List - After Lockdown

75+

50-74

25-49
Jolyne Cujoh x42
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Sayaka Miki x30
Lion (Animal Planet) x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Chowder x10
Dream (The Sandman) x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Calcs for Six Flags and Blue Beetle are coming soonish.

It's quiet tonight.
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 are you okay?
All good. Today was just really busy. Nothing bad or anything, but due to the nature of my household, my free time is often interrupted.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Six Flags

I guess it's possible? Warner Bros does have history with Six Flags and there's always that cross-promotional aspect but overall this is something that I don't see as a priority. Plus there isn't many options of actually representing the park. You could go to Mr. Six, though he was phased out as the mascot over a decade ago. The best bet would probably be a stage based on the park but would Warner Bros bother getting the rights to a third party just for a stage? I kind of doubt it.

An amusement park stage would make for a pretty cool stage. But even as an American, I never went to Six Flags (I've been to some amusements parks but was never a huge fan of them) and thus I have no connection to it. Whether or not this happens, it's no sweat off my back.

I would make a Kamen Rider joke but some people already took the opportunity

Chance: 70%

I think GoodGrief brings up a really good point. The fact that they introduced Black Adam first before several mainstay DC characters suggests that Warner Bros is really itching to advertise their live action films. And it just so happens that Jaime Reyes is getting his own live action movie next year. Assuming that nothing bad happens to the project like so many others recently, Reyes should be in a pretty good position to get into the game.

I'm not too familiar with Blue Beetle so I'm taking a neutral stance. There are a lot of DC characters I'm interested in, so it depends on how interesting they make his moveset.

Noms: Abstain

Day over.

Rate Concept: Gone With The Wild Content, as well as Concept: Another Steven Universe Rep.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to discuss a controversial classic film:

And here are some videos to get into the Steven Universe mood:

Noms List - Before Lockdown

75+

50-74
Sailor Moon x66
Shao Kahn x60
Tetsuo Shima x60
Guy Fieri x60
Jason Voorhees x55
Mob x55
Courage x55
The Doctor x55
The Gilmore Girls x54
Naruto x50
Larry David x50
Haruko Haruhara x50

25-49
Jolyne Cujoh x42
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Sayaka Miki x30
Lion (Animal Planet) x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Lion (Animal Planet) x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Chowder x10
Dream (The Sandman) x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 86 - Concept: Gone With The Wild Content and Concept: Another Steven Universe Rep
Day 87 - Sailor Moon and Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
Day 88 - Tetsuo Shima (Akira) and Guy Fieri (Guy's Big Bite)
Day 89 - Jason Voorhees (Friday The 13th) and Mob (Mob Psycho 100)
Day 90 - Courage (Courage The Cowardly Dog) and The Doctor (Doctor Who)
Day 91 - The Gilmore Girls and Naruto Uzumaki
Day 92 - Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) and Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)

Noms List - After Lockdown

75+

50-74

25-49
Jolyne Cujoh x42
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Sayaka Miki x30
Lion (Animal Planet) x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Lion (Animal Planet) x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Chowder x10
Dream (The Sandman) x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Calcs for Six Flags and Blue Beetle are coming soonish.

All good. Today was just really busy. Nothing bad or anything, but due to the nature of my household, my free time is often interrupted.
You have two nominations for the lion in the lockkdown.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on chance and want for Gone with the Wild

Another Steven Universe Rep
Chance- 90%
Steven Universe is a powerhouse out of the modern Cartoon Network series regarding to popularity. It won't be surprising if a third rep appears in Multiversus especially if the rep in question is Pearl.

Want- 2%
I am not really fond of the Steven Universe series. Although their character design is really cool.

Noms
Tenshinhan (Dragon Ball)- x5

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn"-Rhett Butler
Gone with the Wind
Series Theme: Main Title
Abstain: I've Never Seen Gone with the Wind nor have i heard of it til now, i'm not too familiar with any of Warner Brothers traditional films.

Though the quote i used for this entry i think i've heard before and now i might consider watching this film though i might not see it on HBO Max(Take a Guess Why).

"And We Will Protect Your Kind, And We Will Protect Your World, And We Will Protect Your World, and We Will Protect You!"-Pearl
Another Steven Universe Rep
Series Theme: Sky Arena/We Are the Crystal Gems from Multiversus
59%: So Far Steven Universe is in the game and the only reps we have are Steven Himself and Garnet, Steven is one of Cartoon Network's Most Important Series(Which so far hasn't been cut but i don't wanna talk about the purge from David "Backslide") meaning the series could get more reps, however i'm not entirely sure if the crew are invested in bringing in another steven character or if they are considered enough to be in the game.

I would probably expect that people do want to have more steven universe characters since they like them and Tony Hynh likes Peridot so there's another potential character there.

60%: I wouldn't mind seeing more steven universe characters get in though i am a little cautious on seeing the series get bloated with characters if they go too far, but personally i'd want Amethyst and Lapis Lazuli get in.

Amethyst sounds like she'd lend herself well in the game and Lapis? i did like her a lot(not in a creepy way) back when the show was running & i wanted her to live happily and not go down tragically, glad she made it even manage to stick around in Future.

So, ya in spite of the worries i am completely okay with seeing more steven universe characters such as the main cast and hopefully Lapis, Peridot would be fine too but i'm mostly going for lapis.

New Nominations(Let's See If This Counts)
Tanjiro(Demon Slayer)
Regular Show Characters
Sam I Am(Green Eggs and Ham)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Whew... It suddenly got pretty quiet pretty quick, huh? Well, as the one that nominated this concept, I figure I should try to break the ice. This will be a fraught subject to discuss, so I'm trying to be very careful, but here goes nothing.

Gone with the Wind is a 1939 historical/war/romance/drama. It is an epic in every sense of the word, with its nearly 4 hour runtime, massive sets with tons of extras and a huge budget (at the time, the second most expensive film ever made). Upon release, it was highly acclaimed, going on to be nominated for 13 Oscars and win 10, including Best Picture (and this is against contenders like The Wizard of Oz, Ninotchka, and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - a banner year for cinema). More importantly, it became the highest grossing film ever at that point and held on to its record until The Sound of Music briefly overtook it in 1966 (GwtW retook its spot thanks to a rerelease - a la Avatar - and was only definitely dethroned in 1972, by The Godfather). When adjusting for inflation, it is still the highest grossing film ever made, with over half a billion dollars of advantage over the runner-up. Simply put, in the 80 years since, no movie has been seen in theaters by more people than this one. And it's likely that none ever will. That's a staggering feat.

So, Gone with the Wind is a movie that has it all. And yet I was very, very reluctant to nominate it. In the end I figured that if Warner Bros. owns the rights to an iconic, 10-Oscar winner that is also the highest grossing film ever, we shouldn't ignore the possibility of it getting some representation. But, and I have to get into dangerous waters now, modern day discourse around the movie has, understandably, been polarized.

Gone with the Wind takes place in the American South slightly before, and during, the Civil War, and then during the Reconstruction era. All of the main characters are the children of plantation owners, and many of them fight on the side of the Confederates. A movie about this subject and era is bound to be beholden to the same reevaluations and controversy that the real historical subject and era is. Even at the time of release, it was divisive within the black community, with some criticizing it for its depiction of black characters and others seeing it as a milestone for at least giving them major and sympathetic roles to play. Hattie McDaniel became the first African American to win an Oscar, for her supporting role in this movie, but she was not allowed to attend the movie's premiere and was nearly barred from being at the Oscars due to segregation. Nowadays, a lot of aspects of the narrative would come across as uncomfortable to many viewers, at least without context, with many accusing it of glorifying the lifestyle of the Antebellum South, perpetuating damaging myths and historical inaccuracies. Others take these criticisms as political correctness gone mad and take GwtW as a symbol of what a "real American classic" looks like, in the face of more diversity in the film landscape (one example that comes to mind was when Parasite won Best Picture, with some being shocked that a Korean movie could win an American award over every American movie released that year). None of these are indictments on the movie's incredible quality, mind you, I think that's universally agreed upon. It's simply that due to its content, it has become ripe to be weaponized in the culture war.

Personally, I doubt most people discussing Gone with the Wind have seen it. No shame in that! Most people don't watch movies from the 30's (although you should! This one is even in color) So after teaching the controversy, I think it's fair that I give my stance on it: I don't think Gone with the Wind is a racist movie. Does it provide an idealized (and completely ahistorical) version of the South? Yes, but it does so for plot reasons. The movie is rooted in the perspective of its protagonist, Scarlett O'Hara, a spoiled and naive young woman who is used to this comfortable, idyllic life that was served to her on a silver platter. But when the Civil War destroys this lifestyle overnight (you could say it was... gone with the wind), Scarlett has to learn to become independent, fend for herself, work her own land and try to survive. The whole movie is about shattering her illusion and having her become an actual grown up. To do that, she has to be nostalgic about her youth (until she's taught that this is immature and pointless). I would argue that by making Scarlett - bratty, unworthy Scarlett - the face of that lifestyle, the movie is in a way indicting it, subtly. On some points, however, the film does fall into unfortunate pitfalls. It definitely portrays the stereotype of the "happy slave", which even if historically plausible, was a consequence of lifelong conditioning rather than good treatment, and which the movie glazes over. It also contains numerous historical inaccuracies about the Reconstruction era (albeit ones that were widely believed to be true when this movie was made). And, while it takes a "war is awful" angle and does it incredibly well, it does ring somewhat hollow when it doesn't tackle the very crucial reasons for why that war went down. At the same time, it did make an attempt to move things forward in some aspects. For one, it altered a scene from the book to avoid showing the KKK as heroes. And for all the criticism regarding Hattie McDaniel's character from more progressive circles, it's worth mentioning that southern whites at the time were absolutely furious at seeing a black character be good friends with white characters and even bossing them around at times. So at the end of the day, I guess my assessment is that while Gone with the Wind isn't pro-racism or pro-slavery, it's also not against those things enough for many modern day viewers. The story is focused on the (white) characters, their struggles, their relationships and their growth, with the setting as backdrop (you could frankly remake it in many other historical settings with minimal changes to the narrative) that isn't explored that much. For some that might make it easy to ignore, for others that might make it harder. But it's not a hateful movie, nor even an outrageously tone-deaf one; for that we have Birth of a Nation and Song of the South. I would compare it to seeing any media that was a product of its time (think about watching Friends today; you'll probably chafe at the homophobic jokes and lack of diversity, but if you can get past that you can still enjoy it). Some people are better at looking at things through the lens of its own era, and some struggle with that. If you're more in the first category, I think you'd enjoy this movie quite a lot.

Feel free to disagree with my interpretation, of course, and I'll be the first to admit that me not being an American inherently puts a distance between myself and these events that might prove more traumatic to others with family histories that are tied to them. Movies are meant to be seen and interpreted and discussed. And I figured that this forum, being mostly focused on a platform fighter, would be a safe place to do so. I hope that with all this preamble I helped spur a more informed and nuanced discussion, rather than stir things up. Again, I was afraid that by nominating this it would derail things, or cause trouble, or make people uncomfortable, or reflect negatively on myself, and if any of those things happen, I apologize. But, again, we can't not discuss the highest grossing film ever. Might as well get it out of the way

So, uh, with all that introduction aside! (Nobody will ever finish reading this write-up, will they?) What are its odds for MultiVersus? Well, considering I had to write six paragraphs meticulously trying to avoid stepping on any proverbial landmines, I'd say its odds aren't great. Justified or not, the movie is rife with controversy, and any mention of it might just piss everyone off and make discussion around MultiVersus toxic. At the same time, everyone expects Harry Potter content, which would have a similar effect, and Gone with the Wind's achievements and accolades arguably dwarf The Boy Who Lived's. Also, I don't see the current management of WBD minding potential controversy or minding accusations of political incorrectness, for what it's worth. Still, GwtW faces an issue regarding representation: it's not very well suited for a platform fighter. What moveset would you give Scarlett O'Hara? She's not exactly a fighter. A stage would be the ideal way to represent it, as Tara is one of the most iconic locales in movie history... except there's no way they release a stage set in a ruined plantation. So, yeah, I don't know how it could be represented even if they so chose to. Music, maybe, or other small customization options could reference it. Gone with the Wind is filled with iconic moments, quotes, and music, so it would be easy to sneak in references. Anything else might be hard, though if they manage to work a Scarlett moveset, props to them.

Want: abstain

I adore Gone with the Wind. Strip away all the historical context, look at it solely as a movie, and wow. You have some of the greatest actors of their time - Vivien Leigh! Clark Gable! Olivia de Havilland! - delivering career defining performances as some of the most iconic movie characters of all time. The character arcs are sophisticated and realistic, defying linearity and easy resolutions. The script, what a script! "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." is, for my money, the best closing line ever delivered, what an absolute mic drop. The production design, camera work, direction, all come together to deliver some astonishing shots that spell out the bleakness and atrocity of war better than words could. The score could tell the story on its own. Is it my favorite epic? Not by a long shot, if you can stomach a four hour movie I would still point to Seven Samurai or Ben-Hur because they're thrill after thrill. But nobody deserves to call themselves a true fan of film without watching this. (Okay, this is an exaggeration for emphasis, everyone should watch what they want and there's no right or wrong way to enjoy a medium! But I think people should give Gone with the Wind a chance, that's all.)

As a film buff, I make it my mission to try and watch everything I can, no matter the genre, era, country of origin, or subject matter. I have seen incredible talent and technique put in the service of the most absolutely heinous and reprehensible ideas. Movies like Birth of a Nation and Triumph of the Will still haunt me with reminders that works of sheer evil can withstand the test of time, even beyond the ideals they stand for, and continue influencing our culture to this very day (Triumph of the Will has visually influenced even the likes of Star Wars, and not solely for depicting the bad guys; and Birth of a Nation, terrifyingly, depicts a narrative arc that anyone living today would recognize as the prototypical superhero origin story). It is with this perspective that I am willing to be charitable in my interpretations of well intentioned products that make mistakes inherent to their times. Your Jazz Singers, your Dumbos and Peter Pans, and, yes, Gone with the Wind.

With that in mind, I understand that not everyone is like this. And what is simply a masterpiece of cinema for me, might be painful for someone else. Gone with the Wind has been used by many as a symbol of hate, and I can't ignore that. Out of respect for that, I'm not going to give a high want score. Whatever my enjoyment might be, it doesn't offset it if someone feels uncomfortable enough to be turned off from the game because of it. I hope that simply wouldn't be the case! But it's a possibility I have to take into account.

...alright, post over. Hopefully I managed to get through this without stepping on any toes. I'll do the other character in a separate post because this is probably long enough as is. If after this people stop abstaining I'll consider it a victory.

My noms are split between Dream and House of the Dragon.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Is there a list anywhere of everything that was rated here, with percentages?
I do have a google doc of this but I haven't updated it in a while though lol. Tell you what, since this idea seems to be in demand, I'll update the list either tonight or within a couple days. Then I'll share the google doc in here so people can view it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Wind from Gone with the Wind

Chance - ??%. This is a weird one. Before anything else, I'm going to pull up a graph from Wikipedia of the highest grossing movies of all time - adjusted for inflation, which counterbalances the advantage given to more recent films (the price of a ticket has ballooned over the more than a century of cinema's existence).
1661374584407.png

This list, almost inarguably, consists of the ten most important films ever (or at least the most important films in the western world). A company would likely kill to claim ownership of any of these movies (or at least one would think, I know little about The Ten Commandments and Doctor Zhivago). Warner finds itself in possession of two spots on the list: #9's Doctor Zhivago (maybe I should look into nominating this one) and #1, Gone With The Wind. A movie that healthily beats the competitor in the number two spot, Avatar, by 500 Million Dollars. A movie so beloved that it spent not years in cinemas, but decades. One would think that Warner would be plastering their ownership everywhere they could, right? At the very least in their platform fighter that celebrates their catalog? Wrong.

Chance - 0%.

Yes, I'm so confident that this movie won't see content added that I'm giving it a flat zero. I even gave that character from Madoka a fraction of a percent, no such mercy to be found here. Gone With The Wind is a historical epic that takes place before, during, and after the American Civil War (1860-1880), and the main character is from a family of wealthy Southern aristocrats. I'm sure most people know what that means, but let me state it clearly: the protagonist owned slaves, and this wasn't treated as a flaw. This wasn't a core plot point of the movie, it was mostly in the background, but it could be argued that this makes it worse. This movie is decidedly a part of an effort to improve the image of the Confederacy in the eyes of the American populace of the time, called the "Lost Cause" mythos. It glorified the old South, minimized the horrors of slavery, and villainized both the North and Reconstruction. While GwTW isn't as evil of a film as, say, Birth of a Nation (which is responsible for the revival of the KKK), it still has many of the same aspects. And maybe, if this revival of Confederate beliefs was as part of the history books as the civil war, we could be humoring the movie's chances - but it isn't. Racism in America is almost inarguably the worst it's been since the 60's, and many still believe the South seceded due to "States Rights" (which they did: for one very specific right they made very clear). Hell, it comes full circle: back when George Floyd was murdered, HBOMax removed GwTW from their catalog for a few months. If they did that when things were at their worst, why would they call direct attention to the film when things are only a bit better? And even pretending like this movie was totally Wholesome 100 when it comes to morals for a second - what the **** would Scarlett's moveset look like? Would the stage be a plantation? I know I'm being harsh but frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Want - 0%. I actually have watched this movie - well kind of, I was half paying attention while someone else was actively watching it. I don't remember liking it, but it was a few years ago and I'm a bit younger than most in this thread: I had a similar experience with Forest Gump, and when I actually watched that I found myself enjoying it. I might enjoy it if I watch it now, but between it's immense length and the slow pace I don't know if I would. Also I think racism is bad so there's that too.

I'm gonna do my Steven Universe writeup later, maybe in a separate post. I could easily see myself going on for just as long on that one (albeit a bit more positively. Animal Planet Lion x Max

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
PeridotGX PeridotGX Doctor Zhivago is a hugely beloved movie and is often considered one of the greatest historical epics alongside Lawrence of Arabia (and was directed by the same person, David Lean). It takes place in Russia/the USSR from WWI to the Stalinist era.

Funnily enough, it wasn't reviewed very well when it came out for using its very political historical backdrop as just that, a backdrop, and lost Best Picture to The Sound of Music. It was reappraised and is now held in very high regard. So you could say it's the antithesis of Gone with the Wind.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Time for the highest grossing film, Gone with the Wind!

Chances- 5%

I was holding off from giving a rating to a rep from this film because I wanted to get everyone else's opinion. Turns out I was on the same page as GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 and PeridotGX PeridotGX . I recognized Gone with the Wind's achievements with its Oscar wins and remaining as the highest grossing film of all time when factoring inflation. My hesitance comes the setting and contents. I fear it would be way too difficult to implement a GwtW rep without offending so many. In our current political climate, I think a Gone with the WInd rep getting included in MultiVerses would not fly.

Want- 0%

Let me say this. Everyone should watch Gone with the Wind at least once in their lifetime to form their own opinion. I have done so and I'll never watch it again. Four hours is a bit much for me. There is also all of the racist content which I cannot stomach now. I get the film's importance, but I can't get behind getting a GwtW rep in MultiVerses.

I'll be abstaining from rating another Steven Universe rep. This is due to me not seeing the show.

My noms:
Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica) x10
Code Lyoko rep x5

Uhh, You do know the doctor was chosen for the next batch, right?

And Well, After Hearing Everyone's Thoughts and Reading GoodGrief's long Paragraph about Gone with the Wind i want to ask if i can give it a rating now, is that okay?
Thank you for catching that!
Made the change!

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Time for the highest grossing film, Gone with the Wind!

Chances- 5%

I was holding off from giving a rating to a rep from this film because I wanted to get everyone else's opinion. Turns out I was on the same page as GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 and PeridotGX PeridotGX . I recognized Gone with the Wind's achievements with its Oscar wins and remaining as the highest grossing film of all time when factoring inflation. My hesitance comes the setting and contents. I fear it would be way too difficult to implement a GwtW rep without offending so many. In our current political climate, I think a Gone with the WInd rep getting included in MultiVerses would not fly.

Want- 0%

Let me say this. Everyone should watch Gone with the Wind at least once in their lifetime to form their own opinion. I have done so and I'll never watch it again. Four hours is a bit much for me. There is also all of the racist content which I cannot stomach now. I get the film's importance, but I can't get behind getting a GwtW rep in MultiVerses.

I'll be abstaining from rating another Steven Universe rep. This is due to me not seeing the show.

My noms:
The Doctor (Doctor Who) x10
Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica) x5
Uhh, You do know the doctor was chosen for the next batch, right?

And Well, After Hearing Everyone's Thoughts and Reading GoodGrief's long Paragraph about Gone with the Wind i want to ask if i can give it a rating now, is that okay?

Last edited:

KingOfMoths

Smash Rookie
Look at your young men debating, Look at your young women rating:

Chance- 5%

Success is a major factor towards deciding what is or isn't likely in my mind, although when it comes to the broader picture, it isn't the only thing to consider. Of course, there exist things that may triumph over it in the pursuit of it getting in, be these things relevancy, rights issues, moveset potential, or other controversies. Gone With the Wind, when adjusted for inflation, is the highest-grossing film of all time, and remains to be a hallmark in the world of cinema to this very day. Such a status as that would make it an enticing idea for any company, being able to use the story and its elements without any rights issues. Combined with this and its unique aesthetic, and it should be a great idea for any company to go after. So, why is it so low?

Simple: changing social attitudes.

Back when the film was released, the idea of the Civil War wasn't as majorly relevant as it is today, serving as a backdrop of history that we have thankfully moved past. However, this is something that has drastically changed over time, with the rise of social media allowing for the world to be more attuned to itself and the struggle people face. This, in turn, has led to a resurgence in the fight for civil rights and equality in areas thought to be lacking, with one of these areas being the treatment people of African descent receive in the western world. As such, the idea of the Civil War nowadays often sees the wounds it left far fresher than before, as the memory of slavery and the resulting failure of the Reconstruction movement remains in the minds of people, be they black or not. Such a film as Gone With the Wind, should it have been released today unchanged, would have been met with a far different, and far more volatile response, as the film ultimately treats the idea of slavery as a background element. Because of this, I can't see PFG willingly using elements of the film in full view (such as a playable character or a stage) without gaining immediate backlash, and as such, poking that sleeping bear is an immensely stupid idea. The most I could see happening is a background or PFP being pulled from the film, and even that's likely pushing it. Subject matter is an important thing to keep in mind nowadays when using older works, and with that being true, the idea of using elements from the film is immensely unlikely.

Want- 0%

I mean, what potential really exists for this? Like many films of its nature, Gone with the Wind isn't a film really meant to be some bombastic collection of fight scenes and abilities, but rather as a period piece for average people going through life during the Civil War era of the USA. As such, there really isn't anything here that warrants any cool moveset ideas, something that is important for the very foundation for any possible addition to begin with. Add to the fact I've never seen the film and the movie itself (albeit without intent) glorifying the South, and I just can't bring myself to really give much praise to the idea of repping the film in this game. Save this for the film schools, not here.

Redeeming fascist alien conquerors since 2013:

Chance- 90%

Regardless of your thoughts on it, there is little denying the fact Steven Universe exists as one of the modern faces of Cartoon Network's lineup of series. Having persisted in the minds of those who watch cartoons ever since the 2010s, Steven Universe has time and time again been used and promoted by Warner, showing that they truly care about the show as a source of interest. After all, managing to obtain a theatrically-released film and a small sequel series, for a CN show, is no small feat! As such, it is clear that PFG is mainly looking towards big names for the first series to be added as CN reps, with both it and Adventure Time reflecting it. With how large and continuous the ideas are when it comes to Cartoon Network, we are bound to receive a lot of characters from the channel as playable characters, with more Steven Universe reps likely being among some of the first being added. As for which characters from it I feel are the most likely to be added first, Amethyst and Pearl are obvious first options to complete the quartet of protagonists, Peridot is a popular secondary protag who has a lot of interaction potential (it also helps that she is apparently Tony's favorite character from the show, and has a small bit of evidence towards being at least considered), and Spinel helps add a needed antagonistic role for future reps from the show. There may exist a small bit of competition towards brand new reps for CN due to them likely drawing in more people, but there is no reason to expect we will only have Steven and Garnet to represent their series in the near future.

Want- 15%

Overall, I don't have much in the way of attachment towards Steven Universe, as I have never watched an episode of it as of writing. That being said, despite my lack of major knowledge on it, there exists a good amount of potential when it comes to possible additions we could see from the series in the future. For these, the main draw on my end is the unique potential for moves, mainly as (from what I know), there exists a good amount of fighting styles characters from the show use that one doesn't see too much of in fighting games in general. As for particular characters I want from it, being the villain lover I am, my main votes go towards Spinel and White Diamond, with both having unique designs and abilities one could use for a cool addition.

Noms:

Homelander- 10x (For the connection, DC published The Boys for its first six issues.)
Mothra- 10x

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Six Flags Content
Chance: 14.33%
Want: 25.83%

Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle
Chance: 69.29%
Want: 79%

Surely this movie is Gone With The Wild - My drowsy brain

Chance: 5%

The fact that this classic film is the highest grossing film of all time (when adjusted for inflation) and the fact that it won 10 awards is nothing to scoff at. But to be honest, yeah I don't see this happening. Especially with how sensitive society is these days, the inclusion of content from this movie would not go over well. The one thing that saves this concept is that it is content in general, so the movie could be represented via banners or other cosmetics. I think that might be harmless enough, otherwise the devs would have to tread carefully as to not start a Twitter war. A stage is likely a no go with the prevalence of slave plantations and the main character is a regular person so they would likely have to stretch their imagination to come up with a moveset for her. Overall, there are not many options you can take when trying to approach this film as gracefully as possible.

I...haven't had the chance to watch Gone With The Wind. I like to say I'm a film enthusiasm, but there is an embarrassing amount of "must see" films I haven't sat down and watched yet. But in my defense there is a lot of media out there, I'm into a lot of things and there's not enough hours in days to enjoy everything.

Anyway, aside from my usual "Haven't watched but am open to it" mentality, there is another reason why this is a 50: I have no idea how people would react. It may not cause a big outcry....or it could cause a major controversy. Now usually I don't let other people's opinions influence my want score, but something like this could stir people up and make some discussions regarding the game difficult. That's something I'd rather not deal with.

Another character from a cartoon boy's world

Chance: 40%

With how popular and successful Steven Universe is, I can totally see it getting another character down the road. There are still several major characters that are not in the game that would offer a unique moveset. But the series already has 2 reps and while we have gotten some more franchises in the game, I imagine it will be a while until we see another Steven Universe rep. That is if we do get one; Cartoon Network still has many notable characters who are missing so there's no guarantee they will triple dip on the same IP.

Want: 1%

I'm glad that the show has some reps as I know there are a lot of people who are passionate about it. But personally I wouldn't get anything out of a third rep. Steven Universe came out right before I stopped watching cartoons on TV. As a result, I only watched a handful of episodes or so and it didn't grab me. So if we did get a third rep, godspeed to the fans, but I wouldn't care.

Noms: Madoka x15

D

Deleted member

Where is the wind going anyway?

Chance- 0%
Gone with the Wind is an extremely iconic film. It's one of the most famous films of all time. And, due to inflation, the highest grossing film of all time. However. In spite of all this. I just do not see it getting any form of representation in this game. It simply has too much going against it. It's a very old , very long film, something that proablly isn't appealing to the younger fans of this game, it would likely require negotiations with the families of dead actors, it has some farily problematic baggage dragging it down, which the team probably doesn't want to deal either, no matter your feelings on the issue, and most of all it just simply doesn't have any obvious character potential for something like this. As classic films go I think we're more likely to see picks like the all but confirmed Wicked Witch of the West or Godzilla and Kong, who still have modern appeal with audiences, than picks like this.

Want - 0%
I've seen the film but I can't remember much about it. My mum and grandmother both like it. But it's not something I'd really be interested in. Not for any of the controversial reasons (not that I'm downplaying them) but simply because it's not something I'm super interested in from a moveset or source material standpoint.

Gay Rock Show
Chance - 70%
Steven Universe is a pretty popular show. It already has two characters in this game. Steven and Garnet. The series ran untill last year and is still pretty relevant. I could definitely see another rep. The big things going against them is that they may want to spread the love with CN shows a bit more. There are classic shows like Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Lab and more who pepole are requesting. I think it getting a third rep depends on how big the roster gets. In terms of the actual character. There are the two other gems. Pearl and Amatsyst. But they face the issue that if you're gonna add one then you may as well add the other. Which Isn't impossible if the roster gets big enough, but I feel Garnet fills the crystal gem role pretty well. Peirdot is another popular choice, and is known to be the game director's favorite. There are multiple choices, Spinel, Jasper, Lapis. It all comes down to who the team likes most or finds interesting. Personally I think it's gonna come down to Peirdot and Spinel. Spinel is the main villian of the movie and a pretty popular character, Lapis is another popular character with a lot of Peirdot potential. All depends on how big the roster gets and what the team want to prioritise.

Want - 15%
I watched some of this show but I was never as into it as I was with Adventure Time or Regular show. It's nice enough but never something I was extremely passionate about. I'd prefer we get characters from other series first. But I wouldn't be too mad about this. They all have fun designs and cool powers. I'd be totally fine if they kept it with the two they have, but I also wouldn't be angry for the fans if they got a third or even forth character.

Noms to
Chowder
Geralt of Rivia (Warner published the Witcher 3 in North America)

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Where is the wind going anyway?

Chance- 0%
Gone with the Wind is an iconic film. It's one of the most famous films of all time. And, due to inflation, the highest grossing film of all time. However. In spite of all this. I just do not see it getting any form of representation in this game. It simply has too much going against it. It's a very old , veey long film, something that proablly isn't appealing to the younger fans of this game, it would likely require negotiations with the families of dead actors, it has some farily problematic baggage dragging it down, and most of all it just simply doesn't have any obvious character potential for something like this. As classic films go I think we're more likely to see picks like the all but confirmed Wicked Witch of the West or Godzilla and Kong, who still have modern appeal with audiences, than picks like this.

Want - 0%
I've seen the film but I can't remember much about it. My mum and grandmother both like it. But it's not something I'd really be interested in. Not for any of the controversial reasons (don't get me wrong, they're extremely vaild) but simply because it's not something I'm super interested in from a moveset or source material standpoint.

Gay Rock Show
Chance - 70%
Steven Universe is a pretty popular show. It already has two characters in this game. Steven and Garnet. The series ran untill last year and is still pretty relevant. I could definitely see another rep. The big things going against them is that they may want to spread the love with CN shows a bit more. There are classic shows like Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Dexter's Lab and more who pepole are requesting. I think it getting a third rep depends on how big the roster gets. In terms of the actual character. There are the two other gems. Pearl and Amatsyst. But they face the issue that if you're gonna add one then you may as well add the other. Which Isn't impossible if the roster gets big enough, but I feel Garnet fills the crystal gem role pretty well. Peirdot is another popular choice, and is known to be the game director's favorite. There are multiple choices, Spinel, Jasper, Lapis. It all comes down to who the team likes most or finds interesting. Personally I think it's gonna come down to Peirdot and Spinel. Spinel is the main villian of the movie and a pretty popular character, Lapis is another popular character with a lot of meme potential. All depends on how big the roster gets and what the team want to prioritise.

Want - 15%
I watched some of this show but I was never as into it as I was with Adventure Time or Regular show. It's nice enough but never something I was extremely passionate about. I'd prefer we get characters from other series first. But I wouldn't be too mad about this. They all have fun designs and cool powers. I'd be totally fine if they kept it with the two they have, but I also wouldn't be angry for the fans if they got a third or even forth character.

Noms to
Chowder
Geralt of Rivia (Warner published the Witcher 3 in North America)
Keep Pushing Chowder My Man

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dropping by for a quick write-up on the Steven Universe concept

Chance: 75%
Steven Universe is a very popular and wildly acclaimed show and one of the faces of modern CN (and even Western animation you could say). It has uh crystals that fight with alien magic or something (look it's 4AM and I don't wanna do research) so I imagine there's many battle ready characters to include. There's like 10 of those gems, right? I kinda get them all mixed up but uh there's the skinny one and the blue one, those seem important. And then there's Spinel, who apparently only shows up in the movie? But certainly took the internet by storm with her stretchy, rubber hose inspired movements, and would fit the role of a breakout character quite well. Whoever it is, I think SU is a very safe bet to get a third rep. It's just that popular. It might take a while as there are a lot of other CN shows that lack even a single rep, but yeah it'll probably get there.

Want: 0%
I haven't seen Steven Universe. I've heard great things from some and awful things from others, and generally speaking I worry I wouldn't enjoy it as I hated Regular Show and Adventure Time (watch this sentence be more controversial than my write-up for freaking Gone with the Wind). So it's not a priority watch for me. With that in mind, I'd get nothing out of a third rep - I can't even name the second rep (it's not Ruby is it?) and would prefer for them to do literally anything else.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well, i decide to just give a chance score for Gone with the Wind Then

15%: Gone with the Wind is one of the most popular films of all time and if the movie rankings on wikipedia are true then it is atleast the most numbere film that ranked a lot of money and has that one iconic line that i used for the entry.

So what would damper it's chances? well considered what i heard from some folks on here, the movie has things in it that wouldn't roll well with many people such as people enjoying slavery, inaccurate things that during the time of the movie(so what?), the fact that they used the KKK(Oh wait, that was only in the book), and probably even the cold war. It's likely this game would take some huge criticism from some if not so many people who would hate this film due it's core setting & uses for the characters which would be unnecessary for it to have unfortunately this is the world we freaking live in.

However there is a chance the series could get represented in some form it doesn't have to be with a playable character or a stage(heck even music, though that's my preference for the movie if it gets in) they could just throw in references such as characters saying out lines from the film that it would likely go over some people's heads and assume they're just saying a callout line(Say The Joker gets in and he has a line saying "Frankly, I Don't Give a Damn" some people won't know where it's from and it'll probably come out as a cheeky line to them).

There's a chance that it might not work but if it's a movie that's very popular and likely iconic to the film industry why can't you just understand the culture it had made impact on years ago? isn't it okay for us to acknowledge our faults its what helps us move forward from making better choices.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's a chance that it might not work but if it's a movie that's very popular and likely iconic to the film industry why can't you just understand the culture it had made impact on years ago? isn't it okay for us to acknowledge our faults its what helps us move forward from making better choices.
Nobody is saying that we should lock the movie in a vault and throw away the key. It's a different thing to acknowledge and appreciate a movie's cultural impact by analyzing it critically and another thing to put it in the Wacky Shaggy Punches Batman Platform Fighter.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Nobody is saying that we should lock the movie in a vault and throw away the key. It's a different thing to acknowledge and appreciate a movie's cultural impact by analyzing it critically and another thing to put it in the Wacky Shaggy Punches Batman Platform Fighter.
I believe i understand that now

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Can you please hold off on ending the day until I submit my SU score? It would be a bit silly if I didn't rate my own submission. I should be able to submit it by 4:30 PM EST.
I wasn't going to end the day until either tonight or early tomorrow anyway. But either way I'll wait until you do your rating.

And while I am here, a couple things.

1. Don't worry people, I didn't forget about the list of all the characters we rated. It's just that I honestly slacked off for a while on it and it's taking longer than expected to update it. I'm hoping to finish updating it sometime over the weekend.

2. There is an interesting tweet that might impact the scores for third party characters:

Basically third parties are on the table, but the main focus is on first party characters. So there is a chance that we might not be getting as many third party characters as some of you are expecting.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wasn't going to end the day until either tonight or early tomorrow anyway. But either way I'll wait until you do your rating.
I didn't think you would, but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry. Speaking of...

Gay Space Rocks

Want - 100%. I'm gonna go out of order with this one, because I think it serves the writeup better. Shockingly, not only have I watched the show I nominated, but I like it too! I'm not gonna pretend like the show was perfect, it definitely wasn't (some of it is on the Crewniverse, some of it is on executive meddling), but the positives outweigh the negatives for me. I've had a lot of good memories with the show, and I would be really happy to see it get another character - especially because I would be good with all of the most likely choices (with the exception of Jasper, who would be very mediocre to me). Hell, my most wanted, Spinel, is from Steven Universe!

So yeah, I would like another Steven Universe rep. The question I have is if it's happening - and I'm not as optimistic as many. Aside from the Iron Giant (which isn't really a "series"), Steven Universe is the least significant series on the roster. It really only has 6 seasons of TV (I'm lumping Future in because it wasn't even a year removed from the main show), a TV movie, and low to mid budget RPG games. Not only does it pale in comparison to basically every other series on the roster, but all of it is in the rearview mirror. Despite the massive amount of projects and spinoffs Warner had in development prior to the Discovery merger, none of it was related to Steven Universe - and with Zaslav reining fire on WB Animation I find it unlikely that one will be greenlit soon. Lastly, when this game was being leaked I was hoping for Steven, but not necessarily expecting him - getting him and Garnet was a pleasant surprise, but one that spells trouble for the Steven Universe (series') Future. The series already has two characters, which is more than it probably deserves - does it need a third?

That being said, I'm gonna give this a 50%. There are two (vaguely related) Hail Marys that makes me think this could happen. The first is something that I've brought up before - this game doesn't have an expiration date, as long as it's successful it will keep adding characters. While Steven Universe might never be relevant again, as long as the fanbase doesn't completely die there's a chance for another character. That's the second thing - the fanbase. Tony has said that not only does he have his ear to the ground when it comes to fan requests, he actually changes plans based on them. If a SU character becomes really popular, or if a variety of characters from the series have moderate requests for awhile, I think Tony might be sympathetic and add them. That being said... who? These are the Steven Universe characters I think are most likely.

25 images about peridot on We Heart It | See more about steven universe,  gif and peridot

Peridot is one of the most popular characters in the fandom, both due to her character arc and due to her comic relief role (saul goodman moment). Not only does the fanbase love her, but so does Ton - he's on record as saying she's his favorite character from the series. You gotta love bias - and take a look at my username, something tells me i would be fine with Spinel not being added).
Amethyst GIF - Find on GIFER

Amythyst and Pearl are in an interesting position. They're obviously more important than the other characters I'm talking about, but that's almost to their detriment - we already have main characters, more beloved side characters might be a more interesting sell to Steven Universe fans. That being said, both characters (especially Pearl) are still very popular and still have moveset potential, so they could definitely happen
SPINEL Scythe | Steven universe movie, Steven universe memes, Steven  universe gif

Spinel is my most wanted, and I'm not alone in that - she seems to be the most widely requested Multiversus rep on the wider internet. She has a lot of moveset potential and a strong personality - but she's easily the least important character we're talking about, she was only in the movie and two episodes of Future. That being said, the strong demand might be enough for her to finally meet his other friends.
steven universe aesthetics

Lastly, we have the Diamonds - the main villains for the majority of the show. They have a niche of being one of the few notable giant-sized characters, after Godzilla and Kong how many more are there. Aside from Blue Diamond, all of them have a decent claim to being added (Yellow is the first one introduced, Pink is very significant to the backstory of the series and Steven's arc, and White is the central antagonist). I wouldn't count on it per se, but it's certainly something I think plausible. There are other Steven Universe characters I could talk about (Lapis, Connie, Bismuth, etc.) but my fingers are getting tired and i don't want to kill the site with embeds so I'll call it there. Still nominating the beloved Animal Planet Lion.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Sailor Moon, as well as Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat.

Here are some videos to get into the magical girl mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to discuss the cheap final boss of Mortal Kombat!!!!!

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Sailor Moon

Chance- 60%
Along with Luffy and Goku, I believe Sailor Moon is one of the anime characters who has a decent shot. Her series is pretty major especially to the mahou shoujo genre and Sailor Moon herself is huge icon of it. Also her series do appear in a decent amount of crossovers so her copyright wouldn't be that tough to obtain.

Want- 100%
It would be cool to see my childhood favourite in this game. I also love the magical girl elements in movesets.

Shao Kahn
Chance- 40%
He is the biggest Mortal Kombat villain which makes his chance fair. It is a case where if Scorpion and Sub Zero appeared already his chance would be higher.

Want-0%
Mortal Kombat is one of my least wanted. Also Shao Kahn in particular isn't interesting to me.

Noms
Tenshinhan- x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"In the Name of the Moon, I'll Punish You!"
Sailor Moon
Her Theme: The One Name Sailor Moon

49%: Sailor Moon is one of the most popular and iconic anime of all time which bolds her chances well for Multiversus, she has history with Warner Brothers for having her show's DVD's published by them, being on Toonami on Cartoon Network a long time ago, and with the spearhead of Warner Animation looking to produce more Anime content Sailor Moon's Uncut Viz Dub is said to be on the radar.

However, it's unclear if Toei would be able to let sailor moon join the battle sure she's popular but her company probably won't be easy to work with or be able to follow, or they'd be okay with Sailor Moon joining Multiversus & shares the profit with Warner to let her join the battle.

I don't really know how toei would handle her and just listing down possibilities by this point.

15%: I'm Familiar with Sailor Moon however i have not seen too many of the series, i only seen the death battle episode with galaxia, some few of the first episodes, and maybe a few clips of the show in different dubs. there's nothing wrong i could find with the series well besides Jupiter & Uranus(Not Specifying why) and few of those first episodes too(not approving a boy flipping his teacher's...this might be allowed to say).

"I Am Shao Kahn! Conquer of Worlds! You Will Taste No Victory!"
Shao Kahn
His Theme: Theme of Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat 9
Alt Theme: Shao Kahn's Throne Room from Mortal Kombat 9

50%: Shao Kahn is pretty much of main antagonist of Mortal Kombat appearing in every game(minus MKX), while the conquer of earthrealm is very important to the series his chances would be determine by whether or not Ed Boon would want more mortal kombat characters or if Shao Kahn is eligible enough to get in Multiversus.

I know i have my personal opinions on Mortal Kombat Characters getting but with the developer i feel anything is possible.

20%: Not Too Much of a Shao Kahn Fan nor do i hate the guy(But i don't like his Mortal Kombat 11 Design), there is potentially for him to be a fighter but i think a Boss would be more preferable to see.

Nominations
Evangelion x5
Simon the Digger x5

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'll be abstaining on Shao Kahn. This is due to my burnout on rating Mortal Kombat characters.

Hey Sailor Moon! How was the Olympics?

Chances- 20%

Sailor Moon is one of the most iconic and popular anime IPs. Despite this pedigree, I'm doubtful of her inclusion to MultiVerses. I am aware on ivanlerma ivanlerma 's points on WB being responsible the DVDs and the show airing on Toonami. However this is more of WB licensing the show, not owning it. I'm inclined to think a Jojo character is more likely since they had a hand in the show's development. Yes, the developers of MultiVerses are open to third party characters joining the roster but we have yet to see such content. If we are going to an anime rep in MultiVerses, I believe it will be from an IP that has fairly strong connections to WB outside of licensing and Sailor Moon lacks that.

Want- 30%

I remember seeing a few episodes of Sailor Moon, but I have no attachment outside of that. I would have abstained if I wasn't familiar with the franchise. The rating is mainly because my interest would be piqued if Sailor Moon managed to get into MultiVerses.

My noms:
Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica) x5
Code Lyoko rep x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Gone With The Wind Content
Chance: 5.71%
Want: 10%

Concept: Another Steven Universe Character
Chance: 67.71%
Want: 27.57%

Unsurprisingly, Gone With The Wind is the least wanted thing we've ever rated. I don't think I need to explain why that is.

Noms List

75+

50-74
Lion (Animal Planet) x50

25-49
Jolyne Cujoh x42
Sayaka Miki x40
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
House of the Dragon rep x20
Dream (The Sandman) x20
Chowder x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Madoka x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Code Lyoko rep x10
Homelander x10
Mothra x10
Geralt of Rivia x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Tien Shinhan x5
Tanjiro x4
John J. Sheridan x4
Regular Show characters x3
Sam I Am x3
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Sail on Moon

Chance: 25%

From now on I'm going to be a little more harsh on third parties due to the statement from Warner Bros (Which I posted above) saying that they are focusing on first party characters. Due to that and the rumors of money constraints that Warner Bros is dealing with, I feel that the amount of third party characters will be limited for this game.

That said, Sailor Moon certainly has its merits so let's get to them. When you think of magical girl anime, most people will think of Sailor Moon first. It has been around since the 90's and is a juggernaut of a franchise. It has generated $13 billion worldwide so it's a big deal, and Warner Bros has helped distribute it on their networks so there's a decent connection there. However, when it comes to anime characters Sailor Moon might be out prioritized. Dragon Ball and One Piece still surpass it in sales and at least with Dragon Ball, it's more popular. Plus there's JoJo with the wealth of memes and online popularity. Don't get me wrong, Sailor Moon does hold up well against those series, but I don't see it being the 1st or 2nd anime choice for the roster and right now it's hard to tell exactly how many anime characters we'll end up with considering everything that's going on at Warner Bros.

I've never been interested in Sailor Moon. While I was looking through clips to choose, there were some solid moments that I saw, but nothing that sold me. I'm just not that interested in the premise. That said, it's a giant franchise so I wouldn't mind seeing it in MultiVersus just for the "holy **** this is actually in the game" factor.

It's hammer time!

Chance: 55%

When it comes to Mortal Kombat, again I think Scorpion and Sub-Zero are safe bets. But after that who knows if we are going to get more reps and if so, which direction they will go in. Shao Kahn is the main antagonist and is an iconic villain, so he has those factors in his favor. But there's also Goro who is very popular and of course you have the whole protagonist cast of Liu Kang, Raiden, Sonya, Johnny Cage and Kano. Plus other popular characters like Mileena and Baraka. Overall, I think Shao Kahn is in the top tier of most likely MK picks, but with there being so many memorable characters they kind of cannibalize each other's chances.

Heck yeah Shao Kahn is a great villain! He's absolutely iconic with his status as a hard as nails final boss. He has a great design, he has his hammer to smack around some fools, and has some magic in his disposal to make for a rad moveset. Mortal Kombat honestly has such an excellent cast of characters that I would love to see in this game.

Noms: Madoka x20

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's official, you suck!

Chance: 60%

Shao Kahn's the main antagonist of the klassic trilogy of the series and MK9 with appearances outside of that including Armageddon, MKvsDC and MK11. He's also been the announcer too as shown during boss fights against him. He's absolutely iconic for the franchise but there's also the fact of the matter of there being several other major Mortal Kombat characters too like Johnny Cage, Sonya, Kitana, Shang Tsung, Jax and Raiden among others.

He's a top tier fighting game boss and I'd love to see his insults and taunts make it into a (better) crossover where they're allowed to truly shine, maybe a perk where taunting with him can buff himself/his ally or debuff his foes like in MK11 which would be really cool to see.

Noms:
All on Tyrion Lannister

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Concept: Gone With The Wind Content
Chance: 5.71%
Want: 10%

Concept: Another Steven Universe Character
Chance: 67.71%
Want: 27.57%

Unsurprisingly, Gone With The Wind is the least wanted thing we've ever rated. I don't think I need to explain why that is.

Noms List

75+

50-74
Lion (Animal Planet) x50

25-49
Jolyne Cujoh x42
Sayaka Miki x40
The Mask x37
Sheldon Cooper x35
Marceline x30
Huey Freeman x30
Mac & Bloo x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
John Gotti x20
House of the Dragon rep x20
Dream (The Sandman) x20
Chowder x20
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Leonardo (TMNT) x15
Madoka x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Code Lyoko rep x10
Homelander x10
Mothra x10
Geralt of Rivia x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Tien Shinhan x5
Tanjiro x4
John J. Sheridan x4
Regular Show characters x3
Sam I Am x3
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Sail on Moon

Chance: 25%

From now on I'm going to be a little more harsh on third parties due to the statement from Warner Bros (Which I posted above) saying that they are focusing on first party characters. Due to that and the rumors of money constraints that Warner Bros is dealing with, I feel that the amount of third party characters will be limited for this game.

That said, Sailor Moon certainly has its merits so let's get to them. When you think of magical girl anime, most people will think of Sailor Moon first. It has been around since the 90's and is a juggernaut of a franchise. It has generated $13 billion worldwide so it's a big deal, and Warner Bros has helped distribute it on their networks so there's a decent connection there. However, when it comes to anime characters Sailor Moon might be out prioritized. Dragon Ball and One Piece still surpass it in sales and at least with Dragon Ball, it's more popular. Plus there's JoJo with the wealth of memes and online popularity. Don't get me wrong, Sailor Moon does hold up well against those series, but I don't see it being the 1st or 2nd anime choice for the roster and right now it's hard to tell exactly how many anime characters we'll end up with considering everything that's going on at Warner Bros.

I've never been interested in Sailor Moon. While I was looking through clips to choose, there were some solid moments that I saw, but nothing that sold me. I'm just not that interested in the premise. That said, it's a giant franchise so I wouldn't mind seeing it in MultiVersus just for the "holy **** this is actually in the game" factor.

It's hammer time!

Chance: 55%

When it comes to Mortal Kombat, again I think Scorpion and Sub-Zero are safe bets. But after that who knows if we are going to get more reps and if so, which direction they will go in. Shao Kahn is the main antagonist and is an iconic villain, so he has those factors in his favor. But there's also Goro who is very popular and of course you have the whole protagonist cast of Liu Kang, Raiden, Sonya, Johnny Cage and Kano. Plus other popular characters like Mileena and Baraka. Overall, I think Shao Kahn is in the top tier of most likely MK picks, but with there being so many memorable characters they kind of cannibalize each other's chances.

Heck yeah Shao Kahn is a great villain! He's absolutely iconic with his status as a hard as nails final boss. He has a great design, he has his hammer to smack around some fools, and has some magic in his disposal to make for a rad moveset. Mortal Kombat honestly has such an excellent cast of characters that I would love to see in this game.

Noms: Madoka x20
Um..i was wondering if you counted the ratings i gave to Evangelion & Simon.

Top Bottom