• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
We were right about Miis and Palutena...

But it looks like Dark Pit stole some of our thunder. Alternate costume or we busted again.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
*Trying to calm down from Palutena*

By the way, some things I immediately thought about

Hey, @YoshiandToad ... how about that Captain Toad? xD Re-rate should happen, unless he just goes and gets revealed this week.

also, I thought of @ andimidna andimidna too and the Midna Hyrule Warriors hype. It was a great Direct for Smashboards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Palutena honestly surpassed my expectations. She looks cool... but also OP. Ehh.
Although I am not a fan of the character (I'm incredibly indifferent on her), she looks fun to play as and her trailer was a love letter to those who played Uprising! (and that is my favorite 3DS game!)

However... I was deflated in the beginning by, you guessed it, MIIS! All of my fears about them have come true...

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Not a bad pile of Smash news! Amiibo finally confirmed, really interesting implementation of Miis confirmed, Palutena revealed, and that surprise tease at Dark Pit. Really curious to see if that's hinting at a costume or if he's really going to be playable. October release for 3DS Smash is...well, not Summer, but at least we've got a date now.

Most interesting thing to me is that the reveals were extremely neutral to the Gematsu leak, all things considered. Palutena and Mii both fit of course, but they're also pretty obvious picks and three versions of Miis is certainly new information. Maybe we'll get something more definitive out of the Invitational tonight? Would make sense since Nintendo's rolling out information throughout E3.

To anyone worrying about slots: considering the Miis have customizable move sets, I think it's fair to guess they will still end up under one Mii slot that allows you to select which Mii you actually want, with generic set-ups for the three classes plus any Miis players add themselves. Should be plenty of spots for other characters despite the diverse implementation.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Miis are probably considered extensive alternate costumes. So it's one CSS slot for all three Miis.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Let's see.
3 different Mii's
12 special moves each
loads of possible combinations (243?)
Won't take long for gamers to find the strongest combination.

I'm calling it, competitively overpowered character confirmed. :(

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
To anyone worrying about slots: considering the Miis have customizable move sets, I think it's fair to guess they will still end up under one Mii slot that allows you to select which Mii you actually want, with generic set-ups for the three classes plus any Miis players add themselves. Should be plenty of spots for other characters despite the diverse implementation.
I'm not worried about the character select screen. They can fit 60 characters on there, easy. It doesn't have to be a perfect rectangle like in Smash 64 or Brawl. Melee's CSS was oddly shaped. There's no problem fitting whatever they want on there.

I'm worried about the fact that they made three unique movesets, and each one actually has more moves than a normal moveset.

AND imagine how much trouble they will be to balance. Either it's a ton of work balancing them meaning less time for other characters OR they just won't be balanced... meaning they're either overpowered or really weak. More likely the former.

ETA: Character pages are up, but the main page hasn't updated properly yet:

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mii_fighter.html

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/palutena.html

You can also learn how to play!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry1.html

It looks like the Dojo is about to relaunch... It won't just be Miiverse anymore.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I stand by my opinion that Miis were deconfirmed; what we got was rightfully called Mii Fighters. They're not Miis, they're not based of Mii abilities, but simply generic fighters made to look like Miis...

That said, this did surprise me greatly, generic fighters is a great idea given the customisability, and giving them the Mii skin makes sense, but it's not something I, or we as a thread, ever considered; had we I still think I'd of given it a low score, but I'd have been far more forgiving of it that a character based on the Mii games (especially as that was deconfirmed with the Street Pass Quest stage).

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Miis don't have their own iconn using the Smash Bros symbol instead, which is odd.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I'm really happy!
They made MIIS look good, Palutena is in, and those figures look amazing for collectors.
Oh, and there's even more to come. Great!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Good Gobstoppers I missed a lot...

For me Palutena being in partially makes up for the fact that the Miis are in. But the fact that they get THREE slots makes me rage. Slots don't normally mean much, honestly....but...THREE different playable Miis....ugh...nonsense. Pure and utter nonsense.

Am seriously hoping K. Rool, Mewtwo and Pac-man get in now more than ever to make up for that.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm not worried about the character select screen. They can fit 60 characters on there, easy. It doesn't have to be a perfect rectangle like in Smash 64 or Brawl. Melee's CSS was oddly shaped. There's no problem fitting whatever they want on there.
I was going to say "never mind that" but I guess I edited out the part where I said we hadn't seen the CSS.

However, considering that this CSS doesn't even have enough room for all the currently revealed characters, it must be the case that it will be scaled differently with all the characters. Gotta add a fourth row probably.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I was going to say "never mind that" but I guess I edited out the part where I said we hadn't seen the CSS.

However, considering that this CSS doesn't even have enough room for all the currently revealed characters, it must be the case that it will be scaled differently with all the characters. Gotta add a fourth row probably.

Hmm, doesn't that top row seem a little longer than the bottom? I guess one of the characters there is unlockable and unless ZS Samus is unlockable I'm betting on Rosalina. Possibly Greninja too, that would make it look even.

Starbound

Can we wait to do newcomer satisfaction until Sunday?

Getting the chance to play as some of the newcomers will likely shift our satisfaction with them, so I think we should wait until the Smashfest is over.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Confession: I was wrong about the Miis being unlikely.

I'm sure quite a number of people would love to shove that in my face.

SonicMario

Smash Master

It's kinda different when you actually kind of wanted the Miis in. It's the people who took the Icon argument for the sole reason why they thought Miis may have been deconfirmed AND wanted them not to be included that are probably eating crow right now.

Maybe one of those "I Was Wrong" threads are in order soon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, this is perhaps the first time we have been right on both reveals. Every Smash Bros info dump always had a surprise in store. This time seems to be different.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137

I'm glad I listed them as the most underrated on that day.

ETA: Actually both times we did "most underrated"

I didn't want it to be true... but I knew it deserved better than a 55%... Although even I was still only thinking about a 2/3 chance.

@ Groose Groose , btw if you missed it, Spectator Mode was shown. Something we talked about and rated highly.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Honestly, this is perhaps the first time we have been right on both reveals. Every Smash Bros info dump always had a surprise in store. This time seems to be different.
That's mostly because of the gematsu leak, which was kind of the bane of all speculation :|

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Palutena and Miis were very likely even without the leak, I'd say. At least Palutena definitely was.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
It seems I missed the fun with the predictions, well only waiting for the Palutena satisfaction

D

Deleted member

I say that we should at least wait until tomorrow for newcomer satisfaction. Who knows? We might see another newcomer tonight (or, at least I hope we do...).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
We might yet see more throughout E3 given how much they're showing on treehouse, but yes, wait 'till after the tourney at least!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Shadow is confirmed as an AT.

Honestly, there's not going to be any second Sonic rep. Don't know why anyone thought there would be.

ETA: Tingle also is an AT.

Last edited:

Starbound

Pyrosphere isn't available in the Wii U stage select? This is getting ridiculous.
Honestly I think it's intentional.

If Ridley was a boss like the Direct made it seem, there's no point in keeping it such a secret anymore.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Pac-Man had better be revealed at the invitational or the developer thing.
There's always August.

Pyrosphere isn't available in the Wii U stage select? This is getting ridiculous.
The frustration continues, Sakurai knows that we want our precious closure. :smirk:

I say that we should at least wait until tomorrow for newcomer satisfaction. Who knows? We might see another newcomer tonight (or, at least I hope we do...).
Remember that E3 & Smash News has a long way to go. We should wait a while. Maybe a day or two.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I don't expect any Smash news after tonight's developer round table, so I think newcomer satisfaction (Mii and Palutena) should be good for tomorrow.

Newcomer satisfaction (All other newcomers) should wait after saturday once we have played with them.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
This invitational looks so hype...
Did anybody else see the guy holding up the Yoshi sign even though Yoshi won't be part of it?
lul

Shadow is confirmed as an AT.

Honestly, there's not going to be any second Sonic rep. Don't know why anyone thought there would be.

ETA: Tingle also is an AT.
Shadow and Tingle?
Awesome!
Pics please?

*Trying to calm down from Palutena*

By the way, some things I immediately thought about

Hey, @YoshiandToad ... how about that Captain Toad? xD Re-rate should happen, unless he just goes and gets revealed this week.

also, I thought of @ andimidna andimidna too and the Midna Hyrule Warriors hype. It was a great Direct for Smashboards.
D'aw thanks
The Hyrule Warriors coverage was amazing (and very long)
But even then, Palutena is still #1 for my E3 excitement :)
(might be partially because Midna and Zelda were leaked a few hours before they were shown... but, man, Palutena though... wow. Amazing)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I mean... we can... but... He looks just like Pit with black clothes, which would cause problems with palettes. And that'd make three Kid Icarus reps... and if they wanted a third they have more interesting choices. If we re-rate, I'd give like 0.1%

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I mean... we can... but... He looks just like Pit with black clothes, which would cause problems with palettes. And that'd make three Kid Icarus reps... and if they wanted a third they have more interesting choices. If we re-rate, I'd give like 0.1%
Let's not forget that SO FAR newcomers haven't appeared by name anywhere else until they're revealed. Dark Pit appearing in the Palutena trailer confirms that he's not playable more than it hints that he will be.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Dark Pit was probably included as a further nod to Kid Icarus fans, let's not forget that he was in that game because of his alternate skin in Brawl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom