• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
But I like Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man. ;____;

Oh fine.

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5

And I suppose I haven't been here in a while, I should probably do the voting thing, huh?

Spyro
Chance: 0.05% - Can't see any reason they'd include him in the game.
Want: 25% - I dunno, I like Spyro. He'd be fun to play as.

Mr. Resetti
Chance: 0.5% - Playable? No. Assist trophy? Yes.
Want: 0% - He's cool, I suppose, but he's primarily stuck in the ground. And he yells a lot. I think he works much better as an AT than a character.
Haha, I know you do. I just want to get this nominated before the inevitable Pac-Man reveal at E3. I'm curious about both the chance and want score here.

Keep in mind that you do have five extra nominations saved up, so you can give an extra five votes along with your daily five.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Spyro Chance: 0.01%

I don't think he has much of a chance.

Spyro Want: 50%

Well, I do like dragons. But there's another purple dragon who deserves it more.

Mr. Resetti Chance: 0.1%

I think only Tom Nook really had a chance at being playable. If we aren't getting him, I don't think we're getting any additional Animal Crossing characters.

Mr. Resetti Want: 10%

I don't care for him, but I guess he could be kind of funny. He'd be more funny as an Assist, though.

Nominating: How about that K. Rool + Ridley idea? *5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
This round's still going? May as well throw in my two zeroes cents.

Spyro - 0%
He is far more iconic to Playstation than he ever has been to Nintendo consoles, and while Skylanders has been a big hit, it's actually done a fair bit to diminish the importance of the once titular dragon. A shame.
Want - 0% - His inclusion would be just as odd as Snake's and he isn't remotely as unique/popular. If we were to get a purple dragon, why not Ridley?

Mr. Resetti - 0%
Animal Crossing's as relevant as ever, but Mr. Resetti both doesn't make much sense as a fighter and makes for one of the most entertaining assist trophies in the game. I just can't see why Sakurai would want to change his role for SSB4 from how he was in Brawl.
Want - 0% - See zero reason to change the status quo here.

Groose

Smash Champion
RIP Groose's calculator.
I round to the hundredths place. All scores like 0.001% become zeroes in the official calculations. Granted, nothing would change in the grand scheme of things if you gave a 0.01%.
This round's still going? May as well throw in my two zeroes cents.
For about twenty more minutes, yes.

Spyro: 0.01%
1) He's been marginalized in his own series.
2) He's never been very popular at all in Japan.
3) There doesn't seem to be any link to get him in, which is a problem for third-parties.
4) Pac-Man and Snake monopolize most of the third-party consideration, and other characters can make stronger cases.

Spyro Want: 50%
I have fond memories of the Spyro games on the GBA. I was actually a big Spyro supporter pre-Brawl (young, naive Groose advocated for a third-party lineup of Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Spyro), but my connection to him has faded a bit, and I strongly dislike what he's become recently. I wouldn't be thrilled by his inclusion nowadays, but I would still enjoy it.

Mr. Resetti Chance: 3.33%
I'm decidedly over the average here, so allow me to explain myself. There are really only five characters big enough in the AC series to warrant consideration: Villager, Tom Nook, Isabelle, K.K. Slider, and Mr. Resetti. I guess Tortimer's up there, too, but I don't think he's quite as big. Others, like Blathers and the Able Sisters, just aren't central enough. Villager is in, Tom Nook and Isabelle are out, K.K. Slider is on life support because of the stump present at night in the new AC stage; that leaves Mr. Resetti as the only character left.

I strongly doubt his inclusion for two main reasons: first, I doubt AC will get two characters. I doubt Sakurai will take any series (aside from perhaps Mario or Pokemon) and add multiple newcomers to that series while there will only be a relatively small amount of newcomers; I feel he'll try to spread the love around. AC may warrant more than one character, but I think that will have to wait until next time. Secondly, Resetti is being marginalized in the franchise; while he was once a token character, his role has been reduced to optional because "he's too scary." This may hurt him here.

I still give him a semi-decent score because he is the last hope for a pretty major series to get another character, and he does have a lot of unique attributes. I don't think I'm overrating him, and I don't think my score is chalked up to bias, despite what I'm obviously going to say next...

Mr. Resetti Want: 100%
He's one of my favorite characters in all of video gaming--he's right up there with Godot, Groose, and Layton for me. I also think he'd be cool to play as. I mean, he has a pick, the ability to burrow, and a very powerful personality; what more could I ask for?

As much as I think (and have always though) two AC characters is very unlikely, I'm not opposed to it. Smash is the franchise I've played the third-most; it's a close-run contest between AC and Runescape for number one. Where I can verify that I dedicated 45 days (over 1,000 hours) to Runescape from 2005 to the present day, I can't calculate how long I've played AC; I did manage to play Wild World every day (missing only one) for at least fifteen minutes for three years, and I have played every installment in the franchise.

The time where I used to play Runescape/AC every day is now being spent on running this game... and I've said far too much already....

x5 Double Trouble: Rildey and Rool

DAY OVER

NOW SCRAM!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Spyro
0.43% chance
28.05% want

Spyro? There's only room for one purple dragon in the hearts and minds of our players. Now, SCRAM!

Mr. Resetti
2.38% chance
16.36% want

Resetti? There's only room for one violent AC maniac in the hearts and minds of our players. Now, SCRAM!

Just a few days ago, word leaked out that Nintendo would use NFC in Smash; this statement was retracted. So, what do you think? Would they do this, and if so, would they do this for trophies? Also, we're going to jam with the band today, as we discuss Nintendo's Jam With the Band franchise; although very popular in Japan, it isn't big at all in the west. Please rate NFC Smash Trophies and Barbara in chance and want today. Tomorrow shall belong to Ayumi Tachibana and Dr. Lobe; predict how they'll do, bitte!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
NFC Smash Trophies Chance: 50%
NFC Trophies Want: 75% If it's for extra characters, sure!
Barbara Chance: 7.5%
Barbara Want: 50% She looks cool, but I prefer Chorus Men nowadays.

Nominations:
x5 Two Retro Newcomers.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
NFC Smash Trophies:

Chance: 66.66%
About 2/3 chance of this. Smash seems like it was made for this...but I'm not sure because...what would they do that wouldn't receive major backlash?

Want: 100%
I've dreamed about having real life Smash Trophies since I was in first grade. Combine that with the possibility of a Pac-Man trophy? All of my yes.

Barbara the Bat:

Chance: 3%
Unlike Isaac and Tingle, I can't see Barbara making the cut to playable status.

Want: Abstain
I honestly don't know much about her. I kind of like her design, but not enough to know where I stand on her.

Predictions:
Ayumi: 1.66%
Dr. Lobe: 7.55%

Nominations: x5 Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
NFC:

Chance: Abstain
I have no idea what to think. Leaks and stuff make my brain leak.

Want: 95%
Soooo..... you don't want a cool figurine of your favorite smash character? I would love to see this done to any smash character. Except maybe Ridley, I don't think I can store a 20 foot figure in my house. Imagine having a life-size replica of Ray 01!

Babara:
Chance: 2%
Any unconfirmed AT gets at least a 2 in my mind.

Want: 5%
I don't particularly like the character or her assist. Next.

Predictions:
Ayumi: 1.2%
Dr. Lobe: .25%

Nominating:
Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-man x1
Double Trouble: Rildey and Rool x3
Frederick ATx1

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Oh, and I almost forgot! Ike was confirmed, so we were right again! More importantly, his want score was high, so...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
NFC:

Chance: Abstain
I have no idea what to think. Leaks and stuff make my brain leak.

Want: 95%
Soooo..... you don't want a cool figurine of your favorite smash character? I would love to see this done to any smash character. Except maybe Ridley, I don't think I can store a 20 foot figure in my house. Imagine having a life-size replica of Ray 01!

Babara:
Any unconfirmed AT gets at least a 2 in my mind.

I don't particularly like the character or her assist. Next.

Predictions:
Ayumi: 1.2%
Dr. Lobe: .25%

Nominating:
Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-man x1
Double Trouble: Rildey and Rool x3
Frederick ATx1
You made me laugh with the Ridley comment and you made me smile with the nomination towards my cause <3

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
NFC Likelihood: 50%
Want: 10%

Barbara Likelihood: 3.5%

Ayumi: 1.26%
Dr. Lobe: .98%

Rhythm Rerate x5

D

Deleted member

Small Announcement!
The Directory will be slightly overhauled. I will now give direct links to Groose's posts on the old thread. That way, it won't be a pain to find his posts and to scroll down where the day starts.

NFC Smash Trophies and Barbara have been added to the Directory.

NFC Smash Trophies
Chance:
95%

I can see this happening. Nintendo is in a bit of trouble right now with the Wii U and I bet that they want to promote this concept to no end.
With flagship titles like Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros. U is supposedly going to use them now, I can see them push this for Smash. I bet Nintendo will do this just to promote it.
For the record, I do believe that Nintendo was being official with their statement. Other than that, I have nothing else to say on the subject matter on my chance score.
Want: 0%
I desperately don't want this to happen at all. I hate the concept of Skylanders with a passion. It is just a cheap way to make money in my opinion as you have this completed game with all of the content on the disk, but you can't get the content unless you have the toys.
I fear with what they will do for SSB4. If it's for simple things like Trophies, Customization, or Stickers, I wouldn't mind. However, if I have to buy a figure just to get characters like Shulk or King K. Rool or if I have to buy them to get stages, I would be beyond ticked off. When I buy the game, I want to know that everything is there and waiting for me to get unlocked. If major things like characters and stages are locked for this, it would be a waste in my opinion and I would hate to see this get forced down my throat.
Also, I rather have DLC to get new characters and stages, not this.
Please... don't let this happen...

Barbara
Chance:
1%

Another character who survived the massacre.
I think that she will be reprising her role as a hidden Assist Trophy. She doesn't have the popularity, demand, or importance that Little Mac or Isaac have. I believe she's doomed.
No. Also, I hate her design; it's hideous.

Ayumi Prediction: 1.82%
Out of all the retros out there, I doubt she will get in.
Dr. Lobe Prediction: 8.14%
I'm surprised that he wasn't rated early on.

What to nominate... what to nominate...
"X" Protagonist is getting close to being rated, so I don't feel the need to nominate him...
I was going to nominate Bandana Dee to raise his want... but then I wanted to nominate Chrom to see if anything changed with Ike getting confirmed (personally, I don't).
After a simple coin flip... Deebates have been spared.
Nominations: Chrom 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
NFC
Chance: 50%
Want: 100%
It would be pretty awesome having those trophies in real life just for collection sake.

Barbara the Bat
Chance: 30%
Want: 100% (Duh)
Really this girl makes way more sense as a playable music character. Really guys? Chorus Men? Why Chorus Men? What do they have that Barbara doesn't? I don't see the appeal. She has so much potential. Barbara has had just as many games as Rhythm Heaven and she's made a lot of cameo appearances too. Heck, you can wear her hat in Find Mii! Unlike Rhythm Heaven, Daigasso Band Brothers DOES have an iconic main character, her. Would you say the Chorus Men are really the iconic main characters for Rhythm Heaven? Maybe Marshal. But not the Chorus Men. On top of that she has way more moveset potential than anyone from Rhythm Heaven. No really! Band Bros has her playing over 50 different instruments that she could use at her disposal. What are the Chorus Men known for? Shouting. That's it.

Yawn!

Hell yeah!

The one big problem she has is that she's pretty much a Japan only character. That is a big issue. She's only "obscure" because she hasn't had much exposure here. In Japan She's hardly obscure. Although she has had a game released in Europe and has cameo'd in a couple of games in the US too. So besides the Japan only thing, she's got a ton of good stuff going for her. Smash needs unique characters with a personality like hers!

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated.

NFC thingy: 70% - It's very possible.
Want: 50% - I don't know what to feel about this.

Barbara's chances: 0.5% - I'm not sure if there will even be a second AT promotion, and if there is Isaac is the most likely by far, and I also think Ray, Tingle, and Excitebiker have a better shot. She's with Jill and Shadow in the "possible, but extremely unlikely" area.
Want: 30% - Eh.

Ayumi prediction: 0.96% - Plenty of more likely retros out there.
Dr. Lobe prediction: 3.83% - I almost spelled this as Dr. Love...anyway it's not likely.

Mallo x5

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
NFC
Chance 85% - It's very likely we will see this happen in the Wii U version
Want: 50% - I don't care to spend money on stuff like that.

Barbara
Chance: 2% - She's not popular enough or known enough. I think she's been removed as an AT

In terms of Rhythm characters I would want:
1- IdolM@ster character (Namco Rep)
2- Elite Beat Agent
3- RH character

I don't want her at all.

Predictions:
Ayumi: 5%
Dr. Lobe: 7%

Nominations:
Mr. Dream Boss x 4
Charlie (Mario Golf) x 1

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Ike Satisfaction: 100%
Ripped body? Check
Manly features? Check
One of the most unique characters from Brawl returning? Check

Moving on...

NFC
Chance: 55%, seems more likely than unlikely
Want: 0%, I don't like it

Barbara
Want: 30%

Nomz- Ooccoo and Ooccoo Jr. x5

Ayumi: 2.7%
Dr. Lobe: 2.7%

D

Deleted member

NFC
Chance: 80% - I think its going to happen & that Nintendo was really sticking to their word. What better way to try to fix the Wii U than push this concept? (Besides reviving old IPs but I digress)
Want: 10% - Eh...kind of don't like it, it isn't for me clearly.

Barbara
Chance: 2% - Probably going to stay as hidden assist trophy.
Want: 0% - No thanks.

Nomination: Krystal x 5

andimidna

Smash Master
NFC:
Chance: 95%
Expected before it was apparently leaked
Want: 90%
It could do something cool. I'll only buy it if it does something cool. It would be best for Mario Kart 8, as everybody is pissed about the roster, and it could add characters. But for Smash, it could be used for storing customization content. Adding moves. Hmm... if there was a trophy of a stage that would be pretty cool, but I can't see it. The first 2 are enough to have me rank this high.

Barbara:
Chance: 5%
She actually does make some sense after learning more about her, but I'd rank her after Jill in characters that could be promoted, who is behind Tingle, who is behind Ray, who is behind Isaac, who was behind Little Mac. (might be more I'm forgetting about, don't care)
Want: 65%
Alright.

Dr. Lobe: 5%
He actually makes a pretty good amount of sense after looking him up, but he's not part of the major characters fans are trying to get in this game, so I don't think he'll do well.
Ayumi: 2%
I bet she'll get a lot of 1s...

Krystal x2
Shia/Cia x3

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
NFC:
Chance: 10%. Maybe as a small role, but if Smash Bros. did have this feature, we would've known by now.
Want: 0%. I would much rather make one $60 purchase than a hundred $15 ones.

Barbara:
Chance: 5%. I feel she really lacks the appeal, potential, and prominence that fighters in Smash should have.
Want: 3%. Maybe she would be a good choice, but I feel like she would scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

--- Predictions:
Ayumi Tachibana: 2.5%.
Dr. Lobe: 3%.

--- Nominations:

Aran Ryan x1.
Nightmare (Soulcalibur) x4.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
ok, this is one of those days in which I have plenty to say about both concepts.

NFC
Chance: 99%
Here's a couple of different reasons why I think it's happening, aside from Nintendo of France pretty much up and confirming it.

Nintendo's Stance
Couple of weeks ago Nintendo had that investor's meeting in which they pulled out a mario figurine and explained how the idea was to use these figures to load data into both Wii U and 3DS games. They explained this even as something that would work for more than just one game.
Likewise, we know from even more investor meetings in the past that Nintendo is looking to invest in Software that takes advantage of the Wii U gamepad's unique features, and the NFC receptor is one that so far has only been taken advantage of by Pokemon Rumble (unsure about how skylanders works so I won't touch that.)
Further on that, usually the idea behind figurines like these are to capitalize on the company's unique universe. If we look at Disney Infinity, we see it as Disney taking huge advantage of their extensive line of characters, recently including Marvel as well, so it's the sort of idea that works for a company with such a diverse range of personalities. Nintendo has shown interest in developing all their franchises as much as possible through, first, Nintendoland and now it's clear that they're promoting Smash Brothers to such degrees that they are using the Nokia Theater during E3 to hold a tournament for Smash Brothers fans.
I think in terms of business and marketing, Nintendo is at a point where it is extremely logical for us to assume that this is happening. That's not even mentioning the economical merits of doing this.

The Smash Connection
Now, it's fairly easy to conclude they're doing this, but are they doing it for Smash? The way I see it, it's inevitable.
First, the Sakurai factor: Sakurai is known for playing around with the hardware he works with and squeeze as much from it as possible. We know this from Kid Icarus having AR cards that fought each other, even though that one kind of fizzled. Still, we know he played with that. (Just like we know he also has toys of all Smash characters ... )

More importantly, the concept of Smash in the first place is based on toys of Nintendo characters coming to life to fight each other. We have had this since the first Smash Brothers:

And of course, Melee and Brawl both went even more into the concept, now making them trophies, and establishing that in this universe these are all character trophies that come to life and go back into toy mode when defeated. Like in the original Smash when you clear single player mode and turn back into a toy on a table.
Now we can actually make that happen in real life. We have the technology. The very concept of Smash Bros can finally go full circle to allow players to literally own character trophies that come to life.
Along with that, we keep getting told, since day one, that both versions of the game will be "somehow" connected. In the Direct we were told "more on this later." We are told that the Nintendo figurines will be elaborated on in E3 and we can expect them around the end of the year. Likewise, we can also expect Smash Bros for Wii U at the end of the year ...
Ladies and gentleman, I would bet money on the fact that on E3 we will be informed of these figures, and they'll be released to be compatible with Smash Bros. in December, and shortly after that we will get the platform for the 3DS so that we can store memory on these figurines (paricularly custom movesets and maybe stages if they happen) to transfer from the Wii U and 3DS versions.
And this is all before ignoring the bit about the French dude pretty much confirming it.

Want - 100%
This is literally the first thing I dreamed of when I heard the Gamepad had a thing for NFC.
First of all, I want it because it makes sense. Like I said, this IS what Smash is supposed to be about, and the fact that as a Smash Player you gain such ownership of your character makes it even better. We all know this ... look at your signatures and avatar, most of us have them littered with our favorite characters, the ones we support and love and always play us, sometimes even if they suck (dammit Mewtwo in Melee, why must you be low tier ><.) With that in mind, I would love to have that little Palutena trophy that I carry around to tournaments to pull up my custom moveset or player bio and information instead of having to adjust my controller preferences every single time.

Because that's the second thing. This is NINTENDO we're talking about. Not only that, it's also Sakurai. He has made it explicitely clear that the one reason he hates the idea of DLC is that he wants players to have all the game's content when they get the game. He wants players to have as full an experience as possible. If you play Kid Icarus or any previous Smash game ... think about how much content this man puts into his games. Given that mentality, given how much of Nintendo's DLC is not vital to the gameplay and is always extra and optional ... I seriously seriously extremely doubt that they would make these mandatory. I genuinely doubt that they would force you to buy a toy in order to be able to play as the character, because, again, that's not NIntendo. Activision would do that ... Capcom would probably do it too, but I know from years of understanding how this company works that they will NOT impose mandatory DLC on the players, and if we ever get a stage or a character through a NFC figurine, I'm sure it will be one that wasn't originally possible in the game and will therefore be genuine extra content, and not content witheld for the purpose of more money.

ON TOP OF THAT, because yes, there's more ... There's the thing about the figurines working for more than just one game. If there's something Nintendo has, it's star power, and that's one of the reasons people keep buying Nintendo systems. Nowhere else can you play Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Fire Emblem, etc. ... and they know this. Given that, and the fact they make their own games and combined the handheld and console crews within their company structure ... it would mean that these figurines could easily be compatible with most, if not all, first party games in some ways so that you get extra content in every game just from owning them. Like Kid Icarus? Well, now that you linked that Palutena figure you can have Kid Icarus music appear in future Nintendo games! Or you can link your Fire Emblem data to your Chrom/Robin figurine so that your avatar can keep on having the same appearance and affinities in future Fire Emblem games!

And lastly ... yes, I really want real life toys of my favorite Smash characters. I already have my Luma plushie, my figma Pit, my stuffed Greninja ... and I want more. I love collecting toys and it's sooo hard to find good ones of Nintendo characters without paying an arm and a leg. If these become a thing ... oh man, my wallet will hurt but I will be soooo happy. Everything I've just described is like a dream come true, and I truly fail to understand why people wouldn't want this.

Brabra the Bat
Chance - 5%
And the huge walls of text continues.
Of all the Rhythm game options we have, there's a particular reason I strongly believe in Rhythm Heaven, and that reason is just overall presence. When talking about Daigasso Band Brothers, we're talking about one of those series that stay in Japan and remain fabled to us in the west and we can perhaps one day import them or hope for localization.
Then there's games like Rhythm Heaven that are SO SUCCESSFUL that they actually get localized and then they keep on being successful. Yes, Rhythm Heaven is nowhere as strong in the west as it is in Japan. BUT, at least it got localized and did fairly well, particularly the DS one.
So in terms of franchise potential and recognizability, I did the research, and I still think Rhythm Heaven deserves the rep a lot more.
I do give Brabra some points due to having been an Assist Trophy in the past, and the fact that she actually is a named character ... however, the whole Japan only factor in an era in which Nintendo feels comfortable localizing stuff like Tomodachi Life ... that's kind of a huge drawback and a very significant one.
Also, I think there's a problem also faced by Ouendan, which is the fact that a considerable amount of the tracks and music in the game are pop songs not actually owned by Nintendo. Whereas all the content in Rhythm Heaven is the property of Tsunku and made for Rhythm Heaven, so that would be less of a copyright nightmare when it comes to inclusion in the game.
ALSO, moveset diversity. Rhythm Heaven has a much more wacky and zany line of minigames where movesets could be taken from. So far in these forums alone we've had like, at least four incredibly unique movesets based on that series. Meanwhile, Brabra has a guitar. You tell me which one is more interesting.

Want - 0%
For want, I'm not only affected by classic Rhythm Heaven Fangirl disease, but also by a huge ... well, in this case, two huge ... factors.
I REALLY REALLY HATE HER DESIGN
Like seriously, it's awful. It's like you take the concept of Rouge the bat, give it a weirder head and then give it breast implants, and bam, that's Barbara. Initially, I was just calling her Brabra because of a Flight of the Conchords joke, but dang it, that's a really appropriate nickname.
So yea, I think she should definitely not be playable, and I think I might just hate it. Rhythm Heaven has more character with less sex appeal, so naturally I prefer that a million times more.

Predictions
Ayumi - 1.2%
Dr. Lobe - 1.1%

Nominations
x5 Smash TV/Spectator Mode

And with that, I'm done typing for a while *drops mic*

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Trophyception: 30%

Let's be real here, NFP is going to be in smash bros (99%). I think it'll likely be the way you transfer customised movesets, and possibly a way to unlock characters instantly if you have the figure on hand. This is all true in my opinion, but as far as I can tell this isn't what we're rating today.

What we're rating today is if we get exclusive trophies for buying figures right? I find it unlikely there'll be exclusive content for NFP, but trophies are small enough to slip under the radar. Characters, stages, music, items, ATs, anything smash run/adventure mode are not going to be NFP reliant, though the NFP may be able to unlock things early (have a Barbara the Bat NFP, unlock her AT). A few trophies for buying the figures would be possible, but not a big deal so calm your jets guys.

Want: 25%
Honestly, I don't care. I want to collect the NFP figures in real life (100%), and I'll probably use them to unlock everything day one on the Wii U if I can (I'll have already unlocked everyone on the 3DS, so why not?), but I don't need a trophy of something I already have in real life... thus it gets the 25% meh rating that it really has no effect on me, and really shouldn't have effect on anyone else... I mean if you're not into collecting figures I don't think you'll care that you didn't get a few digital figures in a video-game, right?!

Not Rhythm Paradise: 0.1%
Rhythm Tengoku is Nintendo's go to rhythm game, and then there's Harmoknight (who's AT material to be fair). Barbara sadly doesn't cut it.

It would be disappointing, she's not a bad character, but with <1million sales she's barely AT level.

Ayumi: 1.11%
Lobe: 1.11%
I do not know, nor do I care.
These sorts of days sap my excitement, and it's 15 days to E3! I need that excitement!!

Item: Double Cherry*5
(will this be the first Item we rate?)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Trophyception: 30%

Let's be real here, NFP is going to be in smash bros (99%). I think it'll likely be the way you transfer customised movesets, and possibly a way to unlock characters instantly if you have the figure on hand. This is all true in my opinion, but as far as I can tell this isn't what we're rating today.

What we're rating today is if we get exclusive trophies for buying figures right? I find it unlikely there'll be exclusive content for NFP, but trophies are small enough to slip under the radar. Characters, stages, music, items, ATs, anything smash run/adventure mode are not going to be NFP reliant, though the NFP may be able to unlock things early (have a Barbara the Bat NFP, unlock her AT). A few trophies for buying the figures would be possible, but not a big deal so calm your jets guys.

Want: 25%
Honestly, I don't care. I want to collect the NFP figures in real life (100%), and I'll probably use them to unlock everything day one on the Wii U if I can (I'll have already unlocked everyone on the 3DS, so why not?), but I don't need a trophy of something I already have in real life... thus it gets the 25% meh rating that it really has no effect on me, and really shouldn't have effect on anyone else... I mean if you're not into collecting figures I don't think you'll care that you didn't get a few digital figures in a video-game, right?!

Not Rhythm Paradise: 0.1%
Rhythm Tengoku is Nintendo's go to rhythm game, and then there's Harmoknight (who's AT material to be fair). Barbara sadly doesn't cut it.

It would be disappointing, she's not a bad character, but with <1million sales she's barely AT level.

Ayumi: 1.11%
Lobe: 1.11%
I do not know, nor do I care.
These sorts of days sap my excitement, and it's 15 days to E3! I need that excitement!!

Item: Double Cherry*5
(will this be the first Item we rate?)
Um, no, we're rating the idea of Smash using the NFP. The "Smash Trophies" addendum refers to the figurines being real life Smash trophies and working for Smash.

edit: well, I saw groose's post and I can see the confusion. Now I'm wondering if @ Groose Groose thought the same thing from the nominations ...

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
NFC - 90% @ Glaciacott Glaciacott summed this up brilliantly.
Want - 100%

Barbara - 0.1% There is nothing going for her - competition from other ATs, other, better, and more popular rhythm game reps, and a hundred other characters in general that are actually relevant and popular and unique.
Want - 0%

predict Ayumi and Dr. Lobe - 0.6%

nominate Dr. Eggman x5

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Barbara just recently had a new game released. I'm surprised so many people are using the term "not relevant" Shouldn't that go to a character who hasn't had a game in ages?

D

Deleted member

NFC

Nintendo is really trying to push this feature.

Want: Either 0% or 50% depending on how NFC is implemented.

If you couldn't tell by the detail in my previous post, I'm a bit of a Spyro enthusiast. That said, I have never played a Skylanders game, nor do I plan to. It's not because of the purple dragon's redesign, or just simply me refusing to accept change (I'm not that kind of person and YOU shouldn't be either). It's because of the nuisance of placing overpriced plastic on another piece of overpriced plastic just to select your character of choice.

If NFC will be implemented in the exact same fashion, then there goes one of my main reasons for purchasing a Wii U. Super Smash Bros. may be one of my favorite video game franchises, but I'm no loyalist.

If NFC will be used for, let's say, unlocking content early or exclusive alternate costumes that don't affect the gameplay one bit, then I would be indifferent.

I don't care what anyone says; I don't see any good in the gimmicky Skylanders/Disney Infinity/NFC technology. I know I'm about to get flamed.

Barbara the Bat

Barbara just recently had a new game released. I'm surprised so many people are using the term "not relevant" Shouldn't that go to a character who hasn't had a game in ages?
Chance: 10%

She'll probably be an Assist Trophy again. Just because she's relevant and has potential to be a fun playable character doesn't automatically mean she'll be playable. Maybe Sakurai only saw Assist Trophy material in her back when Brawl was in production.

Want: 70%

I'm sure she would be enjoyable to play as.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I don't care what anyone says; I don't see any good in the gimmicky Skylanders/Disney Infinity/NFC technology. I know I'm about to get flamed.
So your friend is using this really overpowered character and refuses to use anyone else. Rather than turning off the game or get into an argument, now you can whip that character across the room!:troll: Also, anyone can look like 30% less of a child for playing with action figures!

In all seriousness, I remember Nintendo mentioning using NFC cards for Subway tickets or something in their financial report. That's about the only actual use I got, but Glacicott has some others.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
NFC

Chance - 65% - I say it's quite likely, but not compleatly certain. I can see Sakurai wanting to tap into this, but what for Idunno.

Want - 50% - I'm fairly certain this won't be abused, but otherwise I don't care.

Barbra the Bat

Chance - 0.75% - Might get in due to being seen as interesting, but I'm fairly confident she's going to be an Assist Trophy again.

Want - 35% - Very Bottom of the Barrel-ish to me.

Predictions

Ayumi Tachibana - 0.26%% - Hopelessly useless in a fight, and outclassed by Donbe and Hikari.

Dr. Lobe - 0.03% - What a joke.

Nominations

Fountain of Dreams X5

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
NFC Trophy

Smash brothers seems like the best choice for a game that these toys would connect to.

Want:0%
I don't want to waste my time or money collecting plastic figurines. I hope I don't miss out on too much extra content by not buying these things.

Barbara the Bat

Chance: 1%
She's pretty obscure and I see no reason why she would get in over other assist trophy characters like Isaac, Ray and Tingle. (even out of those characters, I only see Isaac having a decent chance of making playable status.)

Want:5%
I know nothing about her and I'm not sure if she would be a fun character to play as. Her AT effect would make a pretty fun final smash though.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Batty Barbie
Chance: 6% - I suppose she makes some sense, being the face of a recurring Nintendo brand franchise. Daigasso is relatively unknown however.
Want: 0% - She's not welcome here.

NFC
Chance: 70% - Because Nintendo of France apparently leaked this.
Want: 50% - I have no idea what to make of this.

Ayumi Tachabani prediction: 0.6%
Dr. Love prediction: 0.6%

Nominations: Calling to the Night x10

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm surprised no-one has bought up our '50 or more roster' with the new (I believe to be fake) leak flying around...

D

Deleted member

The Directory now has more direct links from day 14 to day 194!

What I mean is, you no longer have to scroll down to where the days start and you are immediately taken to where the day does start.

Also, some days have title changes. I removed "favorite user" from the Banjo-Kazooie day as it ended up being insignificant, Goku and Hades day is now "Son Goku AND Hades" to remove the possible confusion of both Gokus, and "Pre-SSB4 Direct Review" was shortened to "Pre-SSB4 Direct."

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that it doesn't have to work exactly the same as Skylanders. For all we know, it could basically just be Physical DLC, and priced similarly.
As for want and chance...
Chance - 80%
Want - 50%
I don't really mind either way.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
No Fight Choreography:
Chance: 80% I can't state this better than the previous arguments
Want: 25% It would cost more money, and I would hate to only have characters as actual trophies.

Barbara the Bat:
Chance: 12% It's better than people would think. There's a 75% chance of a rhythm based character (According to me) I think Rhythm Heaven takes up most of it, but she has a small section of it.
Want: 50% I like the moveset potential (She has lots of instruments), but she's a bit too risque in character design.

Predictions:
Ayumi Tachabani: I had to look her up... that doesn't bode well for her chances. 0.8%
Dr. Lobe/Love: Expect a somewhat lengthy post tomorrow. 1.2%

Nominations:
x10 7 Pokemon Characters

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
NFC Thing
Chance: 90%
Want: 70%

I would like to think that Nintendo will have some kind of feature implemented with Smash. It will probably only be special trophies or maybe costumes. The way I see it is if I am getting more stuff from a single figure that I might get anyways, thats pretty cool. If its to unlock characters, then I will not want it.

Barbara the Bat
Want: 20%

I firmly believe she will maintain her spot as an AT, which I certainly wouldnt mind.

Ayumi Tachabani: 0.66%
Dr Lobe: 0.66%

7 pokemanz x10

Groose

Smash Champion
I was planning on updating today, but we've had a rather small turnout; I'll try updating tomorrow evening instead. Also, sorry for the whole NFC issue; I misunderstood and will exclude all scores of those who I misled.

Burigu

Smash Ace
NFC:
So these WERE confirmed to be in Smash?
Chance: 50%
So now we have two games, that interact which each other and the customization from 3ds can be transfered to the Wii U version, then on top of that we have these things, not really sure how far this customization idea would work with all these factors

Want: 10%
So everybody here apparently aprove wasting more money on these things, don't get me wrong they would be a cool adition, BUT if these are REQUERED to UNLOCK PLAYABLE CHARACTERS ALREADY PROGRAMED IN THE GAME then I am opposed to the idea of having these, as cool as these figurines might look or how much they make sense conceptually with Smash, I will be really angry if I have to pay even more money to unlock characters already programed, in the past you have to unlock them playing now you have to pay for them? I really hope Nintendo don't go this route.

If this is somekind of PHYSICAL DLC in the real meaning of DLC then maybe I would consider them

If this is just to unlock trophies I am ok with that, but still not really needed. as said before 3ds is already confirmed to allow you to custom the characters, so not sure about these things, these are even for MULTIGAME use so not really sure if they will come with a trophy stand

I guess I am more of the type of gamer that likes the characters in the GAMES, I enjoy playing games, so these things for me are a cool but not that necesary thing to enjoy a game.

Barbara

Sorry no offense to her fans really, but that design? ughhh I have never been a fan of that design

Nominations
Bandit x5

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Barbara
chance 16.5% want 30%

I think she may have a small chance, she is one of the few AT's from a series that continued after Brawl. However I believe she will more likely stay as an assist trophy. I like the idea of a music based fighter but her design just scary. I can't tell if she's a bat with woman features or a woman using a bat costume like Batman, if she's the latter then she's okay in my book if she's the former then I think she gives competition to Trauma Candy Kong in.

NFC-Abstain

Oh yea money pulling feature could happen, but I don't really care for it.

Three FE characters x5

Ayumi 0.55%
Dr. Love 2.5%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom