• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Spyro: 0%
Skylanders was only localised last year, by Square Enix no less who would push Dragon Quest not Spyro. Any other argument is uneccesary.

That said I don't think the Playstation thing is a big deal... after all Skylanders sold best on Wii and Activision offered Nintendo exclusivity to Skylanders, so clearly thy're more receptive to Ninty and Sony now-a-days... moreover bringing up the PSASBR point is moot as being in PSASBR isn't the same as being in Smash, the prestige of being a Smash character is worth paying for, the shame of PSASBR has to come at a price for a big name like Crash or Spyro. I think it has some effect, but isn't a be all end all like some suggest.

That said, I've always held that in the alternate world where Nintendo agreed to Skylanders exclusivity that they'd handle the localisation in Japan making him second party there, more well known, and still hugely popular in the west so he'd actually be a fully worthy pick. IF it were that world I think he'd take the third place in 3rd parties, just behind Slime, as he (or more the world he brings with him) would have a great impact on sales with the kiddy-winks... but it's not that world, which goes to show how much difference one decision can make.

Want: 85%
Personally I'm sad it's not that world, I think Spyro would make an excellent Smash character and be a fantastic quadruped... but as it stands now he doesn't really deserve to get in so my want would take a hit. I am a big fan of the original trilogy though, and feel Skylanders is a good series (just one that's not worth full price for me), so it's a character I'd be happy to see personally.

Resetti: 0.1%
I guess he's next in line for AC, but the big names have already been elsewhere and we can't just have 1 AT for a playable franchise?

Want: 0%
I'm not interested enough in a digging character unless they bring something else to the party... like Dillon would... Resetti doesn't have as much cool as him, and he's an AT!

NFC: 76%
Want will effect chance.

Bar Bar Bar Barabara the Bat!: .38%
Really?

OP character*5

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Everyone gets a Zero! You get a Zero! He gets a Zero! She gets a Zero! Everyone gets a ZERO!

Spyro
Chance: 0%

I liked the original Spyro games quite a bit, but Spyro does not belong in a Smash game. I could see a moveset working for him, but all I can think about is how he should just be in PSABR instead.

Resetti

Probably the most annoying AT there is, coincidentally one of my favorite ones. The best ATs were the ones that just messed with everyone, they were basically trolling you. But thats how I think Resetti should stay (and most likely will.)

NFC: 32%
Barbara the Bat: 0.4% (Who?)

7 Pokemanz x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Spyro

Chance - 0% - 3rd party character is 3rd party...again & when up against Pac-Man & Snake, hes nothing more than small fry. Also, Skylanders brutally murdered him, tis a shame.

Want: 30% - I enjoyed the original games but I feel that he doesn't belong in Smash.

Mr. Resetti

Chance: 0% - Given that a lot of Animal Crossing characters are getting deconfirmed (Tom Nook, Isabelle, etc.), I don't see Resetti joining the fight & the Villager will probably be by himself/herself.

Nomination: 4 Fire Emblem characters x 5

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Talk about three Fire Emblem characters, Ike has been finally confirmed. We gave him a 72% chance of happening, so while there shouldn't be too much surprise, he was one of the veterans some of us feared would not return as playable.

As for my ratings,

Spyro
Chance - 0%
An icon of the early playstation days and Skylanders, both of which have no reason to receive representation in Smash. Regardles of how hilarious a middle finger it would be to the fans of PSASBR.

Want - 0%
I LOVE Spyro. It was my first game on the Playstation and it's still a fantastic game that's aged very well. However, he has no place in a Nintendo All-Stars game, even if skylanders pretty much sells Wiis and Wii Us.

Mr. Resetti
Chance - 0%
A gag character who works best as an AT. If he were playable, it wouldn't be Resetti, not to mention the fact that Villager represents Animal Crossing well enough and possibly only Tom Nook could be a second playable character and he's instead in the Final Smash.

Want - 0%
Like I said above, his main thing is talking angrily for extended periods of time. As a playable character, he would lose that.

Predictions
NFC - 83%
Most people should realize how confirmed this is, but some will be biased into denial.
Barbara (or is it Brabra?) - 4%
No thanks, want Rhythm Heaven instead.

Nominations
x5 Smash TV/Spectator Mode

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ike also had a 75% want, which means most of us are happy to see him return. :b:

Spyro and Resetti:
Double Zeros for both.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Spyro - 1%

No way will he ever get in before Pac-man and Snake, and even then third party slots would still be rather limited and he cannot compare to them. He's not nearly as famous nor do nearly as many people want him in Smash as they do the former two. I'll be generous and give him 1% because he's appeared on some Nintendo consoles, so technically he isn't impossible. But he's not getting in, that I'm certain of.

Want - 90%

Oh man, YES PLEASE! Well, actually, I wouldn't really care for the Skylanders Spyro. I much preferred him in the Legends trilogy, and his elemental powers and attacks in that series give him quite a bit to work with moveset-wise. I love the storyline of the Legends series, the characters, and the attacks, though the gameplay can be a bit repetitive after a while...regardless, I'm a huge fan of it, and I would lose my mind if by some (impossible) chance that the Krome Studios Spyro got in Smash.

Mr. Resetti - 1%

The Animal Crossing series got it's first playable character in this game: The Villager, and it seems to be set just like that.

Want - 0%

Animal Crossing is fine with just the Villager being playable, honestly Furthermore, Resetti is one of my favorite Assist Trophies in Brawl, I just love reading his monologue, particularly his impressions of other characters, I find them to be hilarious. I really hope he returns as an Assist Trophy. I have no doubt that's the largest role he'll get in this game, and that's what I want him to be.

NCF Prediction - 92.87%

Barbara Prediction - 3.12%

Another Brawl Assist that was from an obscure game. Likely to get a small chance.

Plusle/Minun x5

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Mr. Resetti
Chance: 2%
Want: 50%
I think the mole could be a fun character. He could even have moves inspired by Muddy.

Spyro
When it comes to third-parties, things get a little competitive. There's going to be a limited amount of third-party characters and he's up against some real big leaguers.

Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the coolest music character Nintendo has. No predictions. Don't want to jinx it.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Spyro:
Chance: 0%. Maybe if Nintendo had gone exclusive with Skylanders like they were offered this could have happened, but as it stands we won't see him at all.
Want: 10%.
Not a fan.
Mr. Resetti:
Chance: 2% Heck, maybe he survived the massacre for a reason?
Want: 65%
I think he could be really fun to play as.
Noms:
Ridley-Rool Double Troublex5

D

Deleted member

Ike was given sympathy! Ike prepared himself with a 72.62% chance. Our want shows that we do indeed like Ike with a 75.22% want. Glad to see that you are fighting for your friends again, Ike!

Spyro and Mr. Resetti have been added to the Directory.

Spyro
Chance:
0%

I've mentioned before that Spyro has more of a connection with Sony than Nintendo. This is true to an extent. The purple dragon has appeared on Nintendo's consoles more than Sony's consoles, his birthplace. Even still, Spyro's earliest titles with Sony were pretty high quality, much higher quality than the crap that he has been releasing as of late. As such, I still hold regards that Spyro is more of a Sony All-Star rather than a Nintendo All-Star. This shines in what little demand he has; characters like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have far less demand here than they did in PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale. The reason for this is probably because of his ties with Sony and the history that he's had with them while characters like Sonic and Mega Man are highly requested for their massive history with Nintendo. It also doesn't help that Spyro's most recent outing is Skylanders. His name was plastered onto that game and now they have removed it for the sequel after the success of that game.
While he has more games on Nintendo's consoles, he is still regarded as a Sony All-Star rather than a Nintendo All-Star.
I never played a Spyro game before; I've played a demo, but I don't remember it much. As such, I don't really have a history with the series to make me want Spyro in Smash. I'm already ticked off that his series gave birth to Skylanders (I'll go more into that tomorrow).

Mr. Resetti
Chance:
0%

I believe that Animal Crossing is only going to get one character with Villager. The only character with any sort of demand after Villager was Tom Nook; after his demise, it has become more apparent to me that we will only get one AC character. It doesn't help that the demand for an Animal Crossing character in general was pretty weak prior to Villager's reveal. I sense that after when SSB4 releases, we will see an influx of AC requests and one of the main contenders will be Tom Nook.
Mr. Resetti just doesn't seem to be in this race at all. He is more known for his dialogue for his temper tantrums, which was pretty represented rather well in Brawl. I expect them to do the same in this installment. He survived the Assist Trophy massacre in the Direct, but I will be surprised if he managed to again after the 90 minute Direct at E3 where I am expecting many casualties.
No thanks.

NFC Prediction: 97.71%
Nintendo is pushing this and it was confirmed(?) to be in this game by the French. I expect this concept to do well.
Barbara Prediction: 5.19%
Another surviver that will bite the dust.

Nominations: "X" Protagonist 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Spyro:

Mr. Resetti:
Chance: 1%
Not my favorite Animal Crossing character.

Predictions:
NFC: 86.5%
Barbara: 3.1%

Nominations:
Chaos 0 x5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Spyro
Chance:0%
He's more of a Sony All-Star character, along with Crash Bandicoot, than anything else, and he doesn't have nearly as much popularity for Smash as he does for Sony' All-Star Battle Royal

Want:0%
I never really played his games, and I bet that if he were ever confirmed, some person would use Spyro against Ridley.

Mr.Resetti
Chance:10%
Our only large, not deconfirmed AC character at this point. However, with that said, it's most likely that we won't get another AC newcomer this game.

Want:80%
I've always loved the guy, when I was young I always restarted my game so then I could see Resetti. He'd also have a very fun moveset too, so I'm all for him.

Nominations:Shrek x5 :troll:

In all seriousness, Pacman x5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Sypro:
Chances: 0% - He's linked more so to Sony like Sonic is to Nintendo.
Want: 0% - I have no connection to him

Resetti:
Chances: 5% - Meh I don't think to AC characters as a new franchise is possible
Want: 50% - I don't care too much either way

Predictions:
NFC: 95%
Barbara: 6%

Nominations:
Mr. Dream Boss x 4
Charlie (Mario Golf) x 1

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Spyro:
Chance: 0%: Nintendo didn't make skylanders exclusive when they had the chance. If they did, Disney Infinity would be considered monumental for cross platform version and have succeeded being a more polished game. Also Spyro would probably be in this cause Skylanders would have sold Wii U's.

Want: 55% - I like purple dragons. Him, Ridley, Disney World's Figment... walk into a bar and make fun of Barney the Dinosaur and Prince for misusing the color puprle.

Resetti:
Chance: 35% - Why get rid of an AT? Or maybe he can just pop up if I accidentally reset smash brothers? Probably some kind of easter egg.

Want: 55% - I find him funny as an AT.

Nominations:

Q Bert x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
spyro - 0%
he's practically an sony character, and yes snake was too, but he got in through being friends with sakurai,
as far as we are aware of no one cares significantly about him, and as long as that continues he's not going to be considered
want - 0%
he's alright, but I wouldn't want him in smash
Mr. Resetti - 0%
honestly I can only see one other AC character that has a chance of being considred, and that's an planet sized long shot,
he's probably the only AC character that shows an sort of violence (i.e. angry enough where it looks like he's going to hit something) but he's pretty minor in the games, you could go thorugh an entire game of animal crossing and not even see him once, it also doesn't help that about 90% of the time you can only see him from waist up.
want - 25%
I do want another AC character, while not one I would want, I could see some interest finally seeing him whack people with that pick axe while raging, the only reason why its not more is because i'm still uncertain if he'll be good moveset and enjoyable wise
NFC - 91.98%
even if that statement is proven false, at the current moment it got a lot of people going for it
Barbara - 4.18%
like most things that are in the dark about, I have no clue
Nominations:
Pirate ship (legend of Zelda)X5
I've been nominating this for awhile, keep getting side tracked

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Spyro:
Chance: 1% Another Third Party is doubtful.
Want: 50% I played a few of his games, so it would be okay.

Resetti:
Chance: 0% He's perfect as an AT.
Want: 0% I like good ATs, keep him that way.

Predictions:
NFC: 20% There was a leak from France that confirms this if proven true.
Barbara: 7% That's a rough guess, I need to do research on her.

Nominations:
Dr. Lobe x5
I know he isn't likely, but I would love to see his chances as an AT. If you have the time when you rate him, include his chances for that, as well as being playable. Thanks in advance.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Spyro:
Chance - 0% - Spyro really doesn't have too many Nintendo games anymore. He's pretty much with Sony now.
Want - 50% - Either way, I'm fine with it. Spyro would be pretty cool to play as, but not completely necessary.

Resetti:
Chance - 10% - He's not completely important of a video game character, and the only special moves I could think of would be yelling (sound waves?) and burrowing.
Want - 5% - He would be fun-ish and silly to play as, but I don't support the idea of him joining as a playable character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Spyro:

Chance: 1%. He's pretty much always a PlayStation character. Now that it's somewhat likely Nintendo will be semi-competing with their NFC figurines, I don't see any reason to include him, loveable as he is.
Want: 45%. Honestly, I would kind of like to see this. I have always had a soft spot for Spyro, he's not even that good in Skylanders but I used him anyway :'). That being said, he doesn't have priority over my most wanted characters.

Mr. Resetti

Chance: 5%. I feel like his Assist Trophy status and relative unimportance in his series don't bode well for him. The verdict has already been made once for him in Brawl, and he hasn't done much to warrant becoming playable. Besides, there isn't much he could even do.
Want: 0%. Having him playable would feel like a bad joke gone way too far, honestly.

--- Predictions:

NFC: 20%.
Barbara: 5%.

--- Nominations:

Aran Ryan x5(SO CLOSE!!)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mr. Resetti Chance: 5% Sakurai literally took out the biggest AC competitor out there, I don't think Resetti is happening.
Mr. Resetti Want: 75% Sure why not, but I'll feel bitter if he's playable and Tom Nook is not. ;-;
Nominations:
x5 Ayumi Tachibana

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
We like Ike! We like Ike! Really happy to see him return.

Spyro's chances: 0.5% - Really unlikely.
Want: 50% - Although I don't particularly think he belongs in a Nintendo all-stars game, I loved his older games, so I wouldn't say no.

Resetti's chances and want: 0% - The only second AC character I thought was possible is Tom Nook, and he's out. I think Villager will be the only AC character this time. I don't have any interest in seeing him playable.

NFC: 94.39%
Barbara: 2.19%

Mallo x10

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
My, how the mighty have fallen...
When Spyro was in his prime, suggesting him in Smash would've gotten you slapped. Even now - in his abominable "my demonic facelift was bashed in with a frying pan" background-character-to-a-series-that-doesn't-deserve-me state - he's still a third party. And not a heavy-hitting one, at that. He's barely the face of Skylanders anymore. Even in Spyro's Adventure, his name was there to trap and disappoint 90's kids.

(If you can't tell, I'm not a big Skylander's fan...but that's a story for another day).

Want: I'm so conflicted...but 0%
If we're talking about classic Spyro representation, then I would begrudgingly decline. I love Spyro, but I barely tolerate third-parties in SSB. If we're talking about Skylanders, then HECK NO. NOW PUT THAT IP TO GOOD USE, ACTIVISION!!!

Resetti: 0%
What can I say? He's an ideal Assist Trophy.

Not because I don't like the character, or hate Animal Crossing ( because I love AC and love to hate Resetti), but because of what I said above: he's such an ideal Assist Trophy. Although, seeing him run around on his oft-hidden nub legs would be pretty great...

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Spyro

Chance - 0% - A third party with little to no support that fits better somewhere else. Yeah, good luck.

Want - 45% - Mostly nutral, though a few points docked for being a "useless" third party.

Resetti

Chance - 0% - I'm almost certain that he's coming back as an Assist Trophy. Villager is enough.

Want - 30% - I like his role as monologue-giver better than anything.

Predictions

NFC - 90.75% - Mostly riding on the tailes of the rumor.

Barbra the Bat - 1.09% - More barrel scrapping.

Nominations
Fountain of Dreams stage X5

Burigu

Smash Ace
Spyro
Getting back to 3rd party madness

Mr. Resetti
Chance: 0.1% he is even OPTIONAL in New Leaf so not sure
Want: 5% he is fine as a trophy again

Predictions

What does NFC stand for?

Barbara: 0.92%

Nominations

Bandit x 5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Predictions

What NFC stand for?
Near field communication I believe. It refers to the idea of something physical, like a toy or figurine, being used to transfer data to the Wii U using the Gamepad, or the 3DS using a platform that was announced a couple weeks ago.
In this case, we'll be rating how likely it is we'll have physical smash trophies/figurines that have this property.

Think Skylanders or Disney Infinity but with Nintendo characters. For Smash.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Nintendo's Freaking Cool.
You got me there
Near field communication I believe. It refers to the idea of something physical, like a toy or figurine, being used to transfer data to the Wii U using the Gamepad, or the 3DS using a platform that was announced a couple weeks ago.
In this case, we'll be rating how likely it is we'll have physical smash trophies/figurines that have this property.

Think Skylanders or Disney Infinity but with Nintendo characters. For Smash.
This meaning makes the most sense to me thank you

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't understand why we are even bothering to rate Spyro; with Ridley de-confirmed, who else will be our purple dragon?! He is obviously shoe-in, you are delusional if you don't agree with me wholeheartedly.
Chance: 100% (duh, no ****)
Want: 5% (I don't want him, but at least I can recognize that he is in the game)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Abstaining from Mr. Resetti

Spyro
Chances: 0.1%
Not the most prominent nor notable third party, particularly now since Skylanders doesn't have him at the core and just used him as a marketing ploy to get its name out. So there's not that much of a strong desire to see him in Smash.

Want: 80%
He's one of my childhood favorites growing up, and because of that I do have an attachment to him and I'd love to see him battle against other characters I enjoy.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Spyro
Chance: 0.05%
Want: 30%
Not sure if want... I loved his first three games, but they were PS1 exclusives, so he's not really a Nintendo All-Star. Also, Ridley. He would have an interesting moveset, though. BUT, he'd probably have that ugly Skylanders design. So, yeah- leaning towards not want here.

Mr. Resetti
lol

Nomz:
Ooccoo and Oocco Jr. x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Something came up. I thought I would be able to update tonight, but I was wrong. I'll be updating both tomorrow and Sunday, though, in order to make up for this.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I can't wait to rank my satisfaction with Ike.
I dont think we will get a third party character who lacks popularity in Japan. I think.

Mr. Resetti: 0%
He mainly exists buried in the ground. Don't think they'll change that. Also Tom Nook or nothing else.
Stay an assist trophy

Nominations:
X5 Ayumi Tachibana

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hey for anyone confused as to who Barbara is, I have a thread dedicated to her. You may be surprised at how many games she's showed up in, and how successful her series is in Japan.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Spyro - 1.1% I guess he did partially inspire NFC Figures.. partially.
Want - 0% I have no attachment to the character. Probably the biggest gaming franchise (other than most sports franchises that aren't NBA) that I've never played.

Mr. Resetti - 0.2% more suitable as an AT.
Want - 10% It would be amusing, but too many characters I'd prefer to see.

predict - NFC 50%, Barbara 0.7%

nominate - Dr. Eggman x3, Flynn x2

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'm rating it like 007! :troll:

Oh wait it's 3 0s nvm pun ruined!

Spyro chance 0% want 0%
Resetti chance 0% want 7%

x5 Ayumi

Betty Boobs Barbara 5%

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Spyro:

Chance: 7%
A fairly notable third party, but one with far too much competition. He's not getting in before Snake, Pac-Man, or even Layton.

Want: Abstain

Mr. Resetti:

Chance: 2%
If Animal Crossing was going to get a second rep, it would've been Tom Nook.

Want: 11%
I'd also much prefer Tom Nook.

Predictions:
NFC Figures: 44%
Barbara the Bat: 3.74%

Nominations: Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5 (@ Bauske Bauske , would you be willing to help me with this?)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Guess I'll weigh in since this has been up so long.

Spyro chances: 0%
Spyro want: 0%

Mr. Resetti chances: 0.04%
Mr. Resetti want: 0%

Predictions:
NFC figures - 52%
Barbara the Bat - 2%

Nominations:
Bowser Land x5

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Nominations: Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5 (@ Bauske Bauske , would you be willing to help me with this?)
But I like Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man. ;____;

Oh fine.

Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man x5

And I suppose I haven't been here in a while, I should probably do the voting thing, huh?

Spyro
Chance: 0.05% - Can't see any reason they'd include him in the game.
Want: 25% - I dunno, I like Spyro. He'd be fun to play as.

Mr. Resetti
Chance: 0.5% - Playable? No. Assist trophy? Yes.
Want: 0% - He's cool, I suppose, but he's primarily stuck in the ground. And he yells a lot. I think he works much better as an AT than a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom