• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Still gonna rate Mewtwo and Shulk.

Shulk
Chance: 60%
Don't know who that is but he gets a extra 10% from a supposed rumor.
Want: 50% Like I said IDK who he is so it's neutral.

Mewtwo
Chance: 85% He's really popular within Smash Bros fanbase so I wouldn't be surprised

Want: 95% He's one of my faves from Melee so hell yeah I want him

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Alright, I want to get Mii out of the way.
The Mii is actually the reason why I'm not 100% sure about that SalRomano leak, and well it probably does raise the chances of every charaacter included, many reasons to believe Miis are not in Smash have come up.

1. They're your profile indicator for online.
There they are. Right where they belong. They just show who you are and... well, not much to say here.
It doesn't hurt them terribly.

2. This is the biggest reason. I'll attract attention with a picture.

Series with a stage or playable character are ones that usually get a series icon.
But wait?
That symbol is a crown, to represent Find Mii.
This stage is not from a "Mii series"
It's a Find Mii stage from Find Mii
If the Miis were playable characters, they would have a generic Mii icon.
And they're stage's icon would be exactly the same.
The Miis aren't going to have a crown icon if they are playable.
Look at it like this:

Saki's assist has a Smash Bros symbol because there will not be a playable Sin and Punishment character, nor will there be a Sin and Punishment Stage.

Midna's assist has the Zelda icon.
This is because either:
-Zelda has a playable character
-Zelda has a stage
And obviously, it has both.

Or even Nintendog.
There will not be any playable Nintendog characters. Both Nintendog and Nintencat are deconfirmed.
But because there is a Nintendog stage, there is a Nintendog Icon.

But the Mii Stage doesn't represent the Mii character, only those few specific games.

This stage will likely have a Tomodachi Life icon
Representing that series of games, but not the Miis.

I just don't see it. We've already seen them as non-playable characters representing you and your data, why make them playable?
They're freaking Miis.
No.
They're getting representation through stage cameos and your account.
I came here ready to give a 50%, but I've convinced myself otherwise.
Chance: 10%
Want: 0%
Bleh. Get Out. Please.

Pac Man:
Namco isn't going to have items and all that stuff without a playable character.
And c'mon... they're not going to choose anybody else.
Yea, Lloyd's pretty cool. And doesn't have a hatebase. But he's really not that iconic, seeing him over Pac Man would be a bit too weird for me to even want it.
Chance: 80%
He's in.
There's a lot pointing to it.
Want: 60% 75% FOR JAMES!
I used to not be so fond of Pac-Man, but after I accepted his likeliood, I warmed up to him, and I do think it would make a lot of people happy to see Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man in the same game.
I'm mostly neutral. But I do support him I guess.

Takamaru: 50%
Lip is less competition, but Greninja takes his potential play-style except it's water-based instead of fire-based...
I don't think that matters as much as Lip's Stick getting confirmed as an item. Mach Rider is probably more likely than Lip now.

Lip: 10%
Poor girl. Some call her deconfirmed. i think her chances have only decreased 10%, it's not uncommon for moves to be items, but things aren't looking great.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Pac-Man
Want: 75%
If Sakurai has thought me something is that when he decides to add a third party he makes sure is really well done in moveset and gameplay so it resemble his games and history. My thinking watch Snake, Sonic and Mega Man people love this icons and their movesets are so well done that not many people complain at all if they are lame, boring or bland, seriously they are in the top of unique movesets pretty much with Olimar and Rosalina for me and I´m sure for many people. So at least I´m expecting a great moveset from our yellow friend.

Mii
Want: 15%
I don´t want them but what can I do.

.n_n.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pac Man Likelihood: 40%
Want: 40%

Mii Likelihood: 25%
Want: 10%

Takamaru: 48.5%
Lip: 14.65%

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Shulk is a guy.
She-Hulk

Pac-man
85% chance. Will probably be revealed at e3 as the inevitable Namco rep. I'm mainly placing him this high due to the pac-man in the clouds during the Greninja trailer......kidding. But the arcade items are a hint towards his inclusion and he is insanely iconic.

Want
70%
Over time I'm more and more interested in this character. I'm not sure why though... Plus a Pac-man stage sounds awesome.

Mii
chance
70%
A plethora of references those around me will likely detail. Such a big part of modern Nintendo.

Want- 10% not a fan. I recognize their significance though and will give them a go when they show up. Trying to stay optimistic as Sakurai can make anyone awesome these days

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man
Chance- 76%
Sakurai might say that Namco won't get any special treatment... but it sounds more like PR baloney to me. We even got our first look at Namco content in the Direct.
Ignoring that, Pac-Man has the merits to get in on his own. He's incredibly famous and would actually hype a lot of casuals (E3 reveal likely). Adding the most famous video game character of all time would be just too easy of an opportunity to pass up.
Also, leaks abound.

Want- 80%
Oh dear. I said it. I actually kind of want Pac-Man. He's newer games might not be world changing, but he certainly has a lot of history behind him. He would fit in so well with Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man. I have a lot of friends who I know really want him in.
Some might say that he would have a generic moveset, but I trust Sakurai and Namco to put something together that will fit in great into the Smash universe.

Mii
Chance- 66%
I will drop a few points from that of Pac-Man for the argument that could be made that he might be disconfimed (I don't personally think he is, for the reasons mentioned by Brawler610). Pretty much everything else I said for Pac-Man applies. These are characters in scarily similar positions.

Want- 0%
Well, except that I absolutely do NOT want Miis in Smash. While Miis themselves are fine in other ways, I want actual personalities in this game, not more avatars in the vein of Villager (not saying he shouldn't be in himself) and Wii Fit Trainer. I don't think immature Miis will show up online as I think they will find a way to regulate it for the battles (maybe have to use a generic Mii online) but I still have no interest in seeing a Mii take a character slot.

Predictions:
Takamaru- 49.56% A little drop due to Greninja and just having fewer slots left.
Lip- 6.94% Rest in Peace

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

Pac-Man
Chance: 83% - Namco's not getting any special treatment............says the guy who's already allowed the special flag and the Galaga ship into the game. But seriously Pac-Man is easily one of the most iconic video game characters ever created and I would be very surprised if Sakurai didn't at least consider him, especially with Namco standing right beside him.
Want: 75% - In preparation for this day, I watched a little bit of a "Let's Play" for Pac-Man World just to see what the anthro version of Pac-Man can do. I liked what I saw and now I really support him. :)

Miis
Chance: 46% - I think they took a hit at the direct and not because of the "Find Mii" stage. What really made me question the Mii's chances was their appearance as online avatars. They look almost identical to the ones used in Wii U menu right down to the customizable body shape that is almost never included in other games where Mii's are playable and would be rather difficult to incorporate into SSB.
Want: 31% - For me, the main appeal of playing as a Mii was the slight possibility of moveset customization. Now that that's been confirmed for every character there's no real reason for me to support them.

Takamaru prediction: 47%

Lip prediction: 4%

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Pac man
Chance: 90% I believe that nameco has items in the game there gonna get a figther and if they get one theyere gonna pic tehre masot.
WantL 90% The guy is one of the most iconic charictars of all time oid love for mario vs sonic vs megaman vs Pac man.
Mii
Chance: 80% I think they still have a high chance because they were shown without being in the cage.
Want: 20% Meh

themoonsloth

Smash Rookie
Pac Man:
75% chance. I'm fairly confident he will be in, I mean Namco should have a rep considering they are helping make this game. However, there is a chance it could be Lloyd, but Pac-Man is by far their most iconic character.
Want: 5%. I'm sorry but 3D Pac just skeeves me out. I dont know why but I cannot help it, he just seems weird to me.

Mii:
35% chance. I can't see them fighting, honestly, and Sakurai has already said he isn't fond of the whole publicity side of "Nintendo's mascots beating the crap out of each other". While this clearly doesnt matter for the actual characters because clearly we are getting a new game, I can see him have some reservations about having a virtual representation of the player created in their likeness getting pummeled.
Want: 0%. I hate this idea. They make no sense as it is, and just dont like they're often included in games like Mario Kart. Im just sick of them at this point.

Predictions
Takamaru: 20%. Greninja hurt his chances a lot, but he might still have a chance
Lip: I dont know who she is, so Ill pass on this

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Alright, I want to get Mii out of the way.
The Mii is actually the reason why I'm not 100% sure about that SalRomano leak, and well it probably does raise the chances of every charaacter included, many reasons to believe Miis are not in Smash have come up.

1. They're your profile indicator for online.
There they are. Right where they belong. They just show who you are and... well, not much to say here.
It doesn't hurt them terribly.

2. This is the biggest reason. I'll attract attention with a picture.

Series with a stage or playable character are ones that usually get a series icon.
But wait?
That symbol is a crown, to represent Find Mii.
This stage is not from a "Mii series"
It's a Find Mii stage from Find Mii
If the Miis were playable characters, they would have a generic Mii icon.
And they're stage's icon would be exactly the same.
The Miis aren't going to have a crown icon if they are playable.
Look at it like this:

Saki's assist has a Smash Bros symbol because there will not be a playable Sin and Punishment character, nor will there be a Sin and Punishment Stage.

Midna's assist has the Zelda icon.
This is because either:
-Zelda has a playable character
-Zelda has a stage
And obviously, it has both.

Or even Nintendog.
There will not be any playable Nintendog characters. Both Nintendog and Nintencat are deconfirmed.
But because there is a Nintendog stage, there is a Nintendog Icon.

But the Mii Stage doesn't represent the Mii character, only those few specific games.

This stage will likely have a Tomodachi Life icon
Representing that series of games, but not the Miis.

I just don't see it. We've already seen them as non-playable characters representing you and your data, why make them playable?
Um... Yeah, that's actually what I was going to say. Summed it up pretty nicely there. I do think that if the Find Mii stage doesn't have an icon that a generic Mii can use (I seriously doubt Miis will be represented by a crown), then it's an indication that they aren't going to be playable. I mean, that's the Find Mii stage, after all. It's entirely Mii based. If Miis are in the game, why would a stage that's so tied to them have a symbol that doesn't fit them? Also, I doubt that a playable Mii would be based entirely off the King from Find Mii. I've heard that said somewhere before, and I seriously doubt it.

So...

Mii Chance: 20%

I think the Direct hurt their chances. They're not some horrible inevitability anymore. But...

Mii Want: 60%

Ironically, while everyone else hates the Miis but thinks they're bound to happen, I think they aren't going to happen, but I'd actually wouldn't mind them. Weird.

Don't have time for Pac-Man right now.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pac-Man: 100% Chance / 100% Want
Not even getting into the leak. Namco arcade items basically confirm him without it. Including a truly legendary third party like Pac-Man is an opportunity that I doubt Sakurai will pass up.

Mii: 100% Chance / 0% Want
See Gematsu leak and my Shulk rating for chance. 0% want because I think the idea is repulsive and literally the worst idea to come to Smash Bros.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yay! The day I've been waiting for! :D

Pac-Man!
Chance: 98% - I know, this sounds a little up there, and I suppose it is boosted a bit by bias, but I try not to let that get in the way of my judgement. For the facts: Pac-Man is one of the most important characters in video game history. In fact, he is considered the first video game character, being created in an age where most video games had nameless tanks or space ships or pong paddles. Pac-Man revitalized the gaming industry when people started to think it was a passing fad. It brought in males and females alike and is still one of the most well known games of all time. Ask anyone you know and they'll know who Pac-Man is. He has a recognition factor rivaling Mickey Mouse, even moreso than Mario, and if that's not saying something about his legendary status, I don't know what is. If it weren't for Pac-Man and the success the game had, we might now have Mario or Sonic or Gears of War or any of the games we all love today. People may think the yellow gobbler is outdated and boring, but if you do a little research, there's no doubting his impact on gaming history. Pac-Man is still regarded as the most successful and highest grossing arcade game of all time. With Namco's items now getting into Smash 4, I believe Pac-Man is a safe bet for the next third-party newcomer, and I predict we'll see him joining the battle at E3 this June.

Want: 100% - Pac-Man is my most wanted newcomer by far. Not only that, but Namco is developing this game, and I'm sure they've been wanting to get their beloved mascot into the fray. Plus think about it: Four of gaming's biggest company mascots duking it out in the arena. We've never had a game like that ever before. Namco vs. Nintendo vs Sega vs Capcom. It's a dream come true! Pac-Man would be amazing in Smash Bros. He would fit in perfectly into the world with his bright and cheery disposition. In Mario Kart Arcade GP, he drove alongside Mario, Peach, Yoshi, and the rest of the crew, and he fit in like he belonged there. He's also shared an arena match with an awkward Mega Man, so being next to these incredible characters is nothing new. Not only that, but he's got a plethora of moves and abilities to use for a fantastic and unique moveset. They can pull moves from the Pac-Man World games, weird taunts or abilities from Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, or even use Namco's rich history of arcade classics to spruce up Pac-Man's fighting style. He has a lot going for him, even if some people don't see it, and at this point in the production cycle I'm confident he's in the game, Sakurai's given him an awesome moveset and trailer, and he's just waiting to be revealed.

Whew. I don't normally write that much, but Pac-Man deserves to be in Smash Bros., and this is his big chance. If he gets into the game, I will literally cry tears of joy and make him my main.

Mii
Chance: 80% - It's not that I'm actually for the Miis to be in the game. I have no dislike for them and I think they could be interesting. My high rating comes from my belief in the Sal leak. Of the 6 initially leaked, 4 have been confirmed. Only Pac-Man and Miis are left. I think it's just a matter of time.
Want: 50% - I'm pretty neutral on them. If they allow custom moves and custom stats, such as weight and power, they could be incredibly interesting fighters. It all depends on how they're presented and used.

Takamaru prediction: 50% - I don't personally believe he's getting into the game, but I know he has a lot of supporters, so I feel he's going to have a high chance.
Lip prediction: 27% - It seems like a lot of people lost hope when they saw Lip's Stick is still an item in Smash 4. While I honestly thought she could have been a cool character, I don't think many people think she has a chance any more.

Also, @ andimidna andimidna , I believe the icon for Find Mii states that Miis have even more of a chance now. Maybe the icon for Miis will be a crown. How do we know it won't be? Or it could just be Sakurai putting the crown in place to throw us off the trail. Remember what he did with the Little Mac arena? He made two separate versions of it so while the boxing ring made us think Little Mac had a shot, he specifically didn't show anything relating to Little Mac to give it away. He's cunning like that. If Miis are in, he's not going to give us any hints.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pac-Man

Chance: 90%

+ Namco Bandai is involved with this game.
+ Pac-Man is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time.
+ Classic Namco-related items are featured...
-- ...but they could be there just for the heck of it.
-- The new Final Destination SCREAMS Soul Calibur, suggesting that a character from that series could join the roster in Pac-Man's place, but I find that unlikely since Soul Calibur hasn't appeared on a Nintendo platform since 2003 (2007 if you count random spin-offs that no one cares about).

Want: 50%

I honestly don't have any expectations for him, but he is Pac-Man.

Mii

Chance: 85%

+ There are already a Find Mii stage, a Pilotwings Resort stage (plus an item), and a Wii Fit stage. All three of those games featured Miis.
+ As Brawler already pointed out himself, the Mii isn't always captive inside the Find Mii cage...
-- ...but that could have been changed later in development. You never know.

When I think of Smash Bros., I associate it with hardcore fans of Nintendo or video games in general. When I think of Miis, I associate them with the casual gamers who bought the original Wii and then left it in their closets to collect dust. If it weren't for the Wii Fit Trainer, my score would be ZERO.

Predictions

Takamaru: 60%
Lip: 20%

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pac Man:
75% chance. I'm fairly confident he will be in, I mean Namco should have a rep considering they are helping make this game. However, there is a chance it could be Lloyd, but Pac-Man is by far their most iconic character.
Want: 5%. I'm sorry but 3D Pac just skeeves me out. I dont know why but I cannot help it, he just seems weird to me.

Mii:
35% chance. I can't see them fighting, honestly, and Sakurai has already said he isn't fond of the whole publicity side of "Nintendo's mascots beating the crap out of each other". While this clearly doesnt matter for the actual characters because clearly we are getting a new game, I can see him have some reservations about having a virtual representation of the player created in their likeness getting pummeled.
Want: 0%. I hate this idea. They make no sense as it is, and just dont like they're often included in games like Mario Kart. Im just sick of them at this point.

Predictions
Takamaru: 20%. Greninja hurt his chances a lot, but he might still have a chance
Lip: I dont know who she is, so Ill pass on this
Glad that you made your first post in this thread. Welcome to Smashboards!

Anyways,
Pac-Man: 80%
Yeah, he's the most likely character we'll get from Namco, and Namco already has content in this game, so this makes him almost a shoo-in.

I won't be terribly disappointed if he makes it in, as I think he's a bit a deserving. That said, there are plenty of characters I'd rather see instead.

Mii: 65%
We really saw no evidence in support of their inclusion in the direct. I'm a bit inclined to agree with @ andimidna andimidna 's post, but I'll keep my rating the same as last time.

Please no. I don't dislike Miis in general, but them being in Smash Bros doesn't really sit well with me, considering they are rather bland generic avatars, and they'll likely have a jack of all trades moveset, which overlaps with Villager and Mr. Game & Watch.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Pac-Man:
Namco Bandai is co-developing the game.
He is one of (if not) the most recognizable characters in not just video games, but media as a whole.
Namco items are in the game.

Want: 99.9%
Pac-Man has earned his spot as a third-party character, he is the face of Namco, and it would be ludicrous to have someone other than him to battle against some of the biggest stars in gaming.

Mii:
Chance: 95%
They represent the very successful Wii franchise.
Love them or hate them, they're pretty much Nintendo all-stars at this point.

I'm mixed on their inclusion, on one hand, I could have Mario fight Batman, on the other, you'll pretty much see nothing but Miis online.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Wakka Wakka
Chances: 86% - There is quite an evident Namco feel to this game. Mostly becuase some features from Namco games seem to be influencing several features in Smash 4, so it'd be natural to assume their mascot, Pac-Man, might have a shot here. Although Sakurai did stated that they aren't getting any special treatment, well, come on, it's Pac-Man; pretty much the most influential gaming character in history, perhaps even surpassing Mario.
Want: 50% - Eh. I'm pretty neutral here. Never quite cared about Pac-Man, and I'd prefer Simon, but whatever.

Mii Wara Wara
You know, I never quite got what exactly is what makes people think they're likely to begin with. Ever since the game was announced, I knew Miis weren't gonna be playable. Why? I dunno, I just felt that they won't be appearing.

And even now I don't see them as likely by any means, despite the apparent "evidence" Andimmidna pretty much pointed everything there is to say.

So double zeroes for these guys. Thank you and goodnight.

Takamaru: The Sword
Prediction: 45% - He's got his fair share of faithful followers, so I can see him being the Palutena of this round.

Lip: The Rose
Prediction: 7% - ... Which unfortunately means Lip has to be the Ridley here. Poor girl, everyone pretty much gave up on her after the Lip's Stick.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well atleast mewtwo is still the second most likely character from the votes so far

Pac-man 80%
Sakurai said he's not giving namco any special treatment judging by the S flag and obviously a type of assist trophy and the galaga is the first one reveal I say sakurai lied about not giving namco any benefits at this point so a namco rep is a lock now and that's pac- man

+most popular namco rep
+a historical character
+ sakurai will obviously know if he makes pac-man playable with mario sonic and mega man ssb4 will make history (worlds first game with all 4 of the most known video game characters)
+ the S flag means items from namco are going to be in this
+ if ms pac-man or the ghost's are S flag assists my vote for playable would change to 99%

- the final destination hints a soul caliber character because of the fire and ice thing
-the S flag is a assist trophy type thing but 10% chance that the retro nintendo assist thing comes out of it too
- could be a S flag assist but that's like 10% due to higher chance for character

Want 100%
I'm not kidding I would love it if pac-man was playable despite the youngest version of him is most likely

Mii

Last time I said 80%

But this time

Chance 60%
I really do think the mii is going to be playable but what hurts him is on the find mii stage its a crown symbol not the Mii symbol and plus the king in the cage is obviously your mii but what helps him is customizable attacks since the mii can obviously have a ton more options than any other character but overall I'm sure mii is playable

Want 100%
Heck yea I would use myself to fight every playable character (hopefully ridley will be playable so I can take him on)

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Mii
Chance: 10% - I was gonna talk about the icon thing, but andimidna beat me to it.
Want: 0% - No.

Pac-Man
Chance: 65% - I don't believe the "leak", but the Namco Assist Trophy thing mignt mean something.
Want: 60% - He isn't that bad, but I'm not completely sure how his moveset would work.

Takamaru prediction: 56%
Lip prediction: 7.5%

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Pac-Man

++ Namco is a developer on the game, giving a personal connection like Snake
+ Pac-Man is iconic enough of a 3rd party to get in
++ Namco already has been shown to have some content in the game (but... this doesn't mean they also have a playable character)
+ Pac-Man has been playable in Mario Kart games before
+ Part of the Gematsu leak

- I don't think he fits in that well
- His connection to Nintendo is more tenuous than Mega Man's or Sonic's (but better than Snake's)
- Sakurai said Namco would get no special treatment

Pac-Man chances: 80%

Pac-Man want: 10%
I don't think he's very interesting, I don't like his design, and I don't think he's connected enough to Nintendo. But he wouldn't be a disaster, I guess.

Mii

+++ Mii games have huge sales (over 100 million!)
++ Miis are very popular with the casual crowd
+ Lots of Mii-related content in the game so far
+ Part of the Gematsu leak

- Sakurai made negative comments about them before
- Mii appears in the Find Mii stage (but this could be like Toon Link)
- Mii-related stages don't all use the same icon (but Miis are used in many series, and we don't know what icon the Mii would use... the word "Mii" would be a bit bland)
- They're also just used for showing your profile in the game (but that's true in Mario Kart without it meaning that Miis are not playable!)
- They don't fit in as well, IMO

Mii chances: 62%

Mii want: 2%
Me no want. There's a particular implementation I would approve of (the Mii as video game player, using attacks based around video game hardware), but I find it highly unlikely.

Predictions:
Takamaru - 39%
I foresee a drop in his chances

Lip - 4%
But not as drastic as the drop in Lip's chances. Hope springs eternal though.

2) He's now the beneficiary of the Salromano leak. I've been pretty noncommittal to the leaks since the beginning, and I take it as it could go either way; I'd give it a 50% chance of being real, so all of the characters it mention have at least a 50% of being playable. This doesn't really affect Shulk because I feel his own merits make him more likely than that, anyway.
Technically, if you think the leak has a 50% chance of being real, it should boost his score.

If I think Shulk has a 50% chance, and there's a 50% chance the leak is real, then I should rate him a 75%.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Pac-Man: 85% I used to think his chances were high, but with the Namco items and the (don't deny it) Soal Caliber inspired final destination. I think he is pretty much a shoe in.
Want: 75% I would love to see a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man battle come to life.

Mii: 25% He is extremely unpopular and he is already in the find mii stage and is the avatar of online play. I think that is enough.

Takamaru: 31.89%
Lip: 4.97%

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pac-Man

Chances:99.99%

Namco items, mascot of company, the history between him and classic Nintendo...He's in people. Get used to it!

Want: 110%!
the pac is baaaack!

My favorite video game character since my childhood when I used to play Namco museum and the pacman world series. Has great moveset potential from all of his games (contrary to popular belief) and probably one of the most charismatic characters ever created. He deserves a spot more than any other 3rd party. Bauske pretty much summed up the rest.
@ Bauske Bauske I second you when it comes to crying tears of joy!

Mii

chances:30%
The leak is pointing towards his inclusion, but that's it. The crown icon hurts him badly.

Want:40%
I don't understand the hate toward him. Especially because it's mostly due to the cliché and untrue, "He'll take up a valuable spot!" He could be fun to use with his various sports-based moves, but other than that, he's truly isn't that interesting and would probably be bland.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pac-Man
Chances: 80%
He's very likely at this point. Namco is heavily involved and they have representation and nods in the game such as the flag, Galaga, Pac-Man being in the clouds, so they're really looking likely to get a rep and Pac-Man is their best choice. They're also currently trying to push Pac-Man again and he's one of the most well known video game characters of all time which fits perfectly with Sakurai's criteria. With his merits building up, I wouldn't be surprised if he finally made the jump.

I don't really mind either way.

Miis
Chances: 75%
Numerous stages that are associated with them, they are prominent in Nintendo now, and they are probably popular among the general crowd. I will concede there is that discrepancy with the Find Mii stage, but considering Toon Link and the fact it is missing in the first picture we've ever gotten of the stage, I don't think that effects them too much. So overall, I still consider them pretty likely at this point.

Personally, I find them too bland compared to the rest of the cast and I don't enjoy them as characters in general. So overall, I have no interest in them.

Last edited:

Tselel (5805)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chris_Tselel
Well atleast mewtwo is still the second most likely character from the votes so far

Pac-man 80%
Sakurai said he's not giving namco any special treatment judging by the S flag and obviously a type of assist trophy and the galaga is the first one reveal I say sakurai lied about not giving namco any benefits at this point so a namco rep is a lock now and that's pac- man

+most popular namco rep
+a historical character
+ sakurai will obviously know if he makes pac-man playable with mario sonic and mega man ssb4 will make history (worlds first game with all 4 of the most known video game characters)
+ the S flag means items from namco are going to be in this
+ if ms pac-man or the ghost's are S flag assists my vote for playable would change to 99%

- the final destination hints a soul caliber character because of the fire and ice thing
-the S flag is a assist trophy type thing but 10% chance that the retro nintendo assist thing comes out of it too
- could be a S flag assist but that's like 10% due to higher chance for character
The S Flag actually looks to be from Starfox Assault unless there's something else tied in too.

Pac-Man:
Chance: 5%
It just seems like an impractical moveset to make and a (mostly) irrelevant character to give the spot.
Eh. Not a fan. Keep him in low bit 2d and in arcades.

Mii:
Chance: 10%
Slightly more reason to put in than Pac-Man, but I just don't see a practical reason for it.
Want: 15%
It'd be fun to fully customize a character like that (assuming it's possible), but not worth taking the spot of a more worthy fighter.

andimidna

Smash Master
I really don't think the King Mii missing from the cage helps a generic Mii's chances to be playable.
It could be anything, really.
1. Perhaps the Dark Emperor puts him there, and he can escape, or if Dark Emperor's a stage boss, when you defeat him, King Mii automatically is released from the cage
2. It could be an event, where you have to break the cage to save King Mii from the Dark Emperor in a certain time limit
3. He might not have been implemented/developed yet. What was Sakurai's quote? Something like... "what you see here may not be the final version"... something along those lines. It's possible.
It seems almost the opposite of Toon Link
Spirit Tracks Link threw us off and then we left it to Alfonzo months later
An empty cage hinted at no Mii cameo and later we saw King Mii

Really, it could be anything. I wouldn't really use that as a reason for or against his chances until there is more evidence to support either side on that particular argument.
If you were looking at my post when you thought this...
Other veterans such as Mr. Game & Watch have scored much higher than both Palutena and Mewtwo.
I was just comparing Mewtwo to the top 10 newcomers.
But yes, both have scored well.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Pac-Man - 75%
Mii - 75%

Going to be a bit lazy and rate these two together because they have surprisingly similar reasons to be rated highly. First off, a disclaimer: no, this doesn't have anything to do with Sal's original leak. It doesn't hurt, mind, especially since that one calling WFT makes it far more credible than the more recent one, but I digress. Both characters are incredibly popular and important for varying reasons: one is the face of classic arcade games and the icon of Namco, who's responsible for the game; Miis have become a Nintendo standby after their introduction with the phenomenal popularity of the Wii and both of the Nintendo systems that have followed since. They're both hinted at somewhat via revealed items/stages, with Pac-Man being hinted at by some Namco ATs (?) in the latest release of information while Miis have the iconic Find Mii stage available. Also, they're both super sensible additions, as both would bring some very unique elements to the table and are well known around the world, not to mention neither has any particularly direct competition (maybe Villager and Mii, but those are incredibly easy to differentiate). They're not necessarily the most exciting choices out there, but it's incredibly easy to see why Sakurai would choose to include both in SSB4, nor has either had anything appear that would hurt their chances in nearly a year of reveals, so they get to continue to enjoy some very high chance ratings.
Pac-Man Want - 50% - An unexciting yet extremely deserving option that I certainly wouldn't mind seeing.
Mii Want - 50% - Another unexciting yet extremely deserving option that might be problematic due to implied customization but I nevertheless wouldn't have any serious issue with it being included.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Pac-Man

Chance - 99% - All signs point to him - Namco item, Namco developing the game, him being Namco's mascot and the pioneer of video games.

Want - 10% - Despite his fame, he's a bit boring. He didn't cope well with the 2D to 3D transition, with his latter games being rather poor and forgettable and him not developing any personality or interesting concepts along the way, and yet his moves will most likely come from those games. That's just lame. Only reason he's at 10% because I believe the final smash will do the pixelated version justice and a classic Pac-Man stage just sounds great.

Mii:

Chance - 50% - Ignoring Sal's leak, we've got a Mii stage, Miis making an appearance and disappearance in the cage (which could imply he's in depending on who's fighting) and they are the Nintendo avatars now. Not only that but they are quite obviously common on both consoles the game is coming out for. I only have it that low because there's simply too many ifs and buts. Miis were playable but also spectators in many games in the past, and we still don't know what the Mii in the cage really means. Maybe he helps during the boss fight once he's freed? - all speculation with no concrete evidence as to which role it will have. It's 50/50.

Want - 5% - Not interested in them. I think Wii Fit Trainer is a good marketing ploy for the casual gamers and there is no need for another.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Pac Man-
Chance: 75% because we already know Namco has been represented in this game with an item, we'll probably get a character to correspond with it.
Want: 50% because I want to have a Mario vs Megaman vs Sonic vs Pac Man fight. That's about it.

Mii-
Chance: 50% because Nintendo has a shove-Mii-into-every-place-we-can fetish.
Want: 0%. Is it possible to put a negative percentage? I play this game to be my favorite Nintendo icons. Mii does not belong.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pac-Man:

Let me tell you a little story about a boy named James.

When James was an itty-bitty boy of five or six, he was introduced to this mystical contraption called a computer that he had no idea how to use. It bored him at first, since he only really saw boring adult stuff being done on it, but his father, being a man who loved computers and knew practically everything to know about them, wanted to teach his son what he knew about computers. Being a little boy, though, James wasn't interested in being taught how to use a "word", as he felt his vocabulary was more than adequate, and he felt a little sorry for the explorer who got himself stuck inside a net, but failed to understand what he had to do with computers. So he made the offhand comment of wanting to go and play and his father explained to him that this miraculous thing was something to be played with. He was, of course, very confused, but he trusted that his father wasn't a lunatic and that it really could play with him...despite not being able to move. So James waited as patiently as he knew how and eagerly watched his father as he brought down a folder with a bunch of silly looking circles with holes in the center. James assumed these to be treats for the computer that would get it to do tricks or something. (An assumption that seemed more than reasonable when the machine stuck out its tongue and took the treat into its mouth.)

James' father, being a fair bit more understanding of what he was doing, was looking for a game that would entertain our young James. It had to be nonviolent, fairly simple, and still appealing for little James. Pinball would've worked...but it wasn't quite colorful enough to appeal to such a young boy...Golf was definitely out of the question...maybe...no, not that...Then he found it! Should've been perfectly obvious to him, he thought to himself as he put it in.

James' attention was pulled to the start-up screen that he saw which he, despite being unable to read, found interesting because of a certain yellow, happy-faced ball-guy that greeted him and his father with a wink and a thumb's up, seemingly telling them that playtime was beginning. The game started up and James watched, confused, as some odd circles and a person made out of string showed up. His father explained that it was an intro like you'd see on a TV show and that the real thing was starting up. James' attention snapped completely to the oddly-shaped spinning rock that he saw. It looked sort of like something he knew by the name of Saturn, but it looked like a chunk was taken out of the side for some reason. The screen flashed to two brightly-colored ghosts of blue and orange traversing a not-so-brightly-colored landscape. The orange one stops and looks around before having the blue ghost run into him clumsily (James noted that they made a funny clunk-y sound when they bumped into one-another). The screen turned to match the vision of the ghosts and zoomed in. Menacing eyes appeared and the screen showed a close up of an unpleasant-looking creature speaking some evil sounding language. The orange ghost pulled a pretty golden ball out of a brown bag and turned to give it to the creature. He shook as the thing's claws took the artifact from him. The monster looked serious as he said a few more words before closing his hand around the ball. He lifted it up and smashed the golden sphere into the ground, creating a flash.

The screen then changes to look at a sleeping image of the happy yellow ball-guy that he saw before. He snores. Again. Then a light flashed on and off on a television behind him and a sound vaguely like a telephone went off...the ball-guy turned as the sound got faster and faster and the screen of the television blinked on. A similar looking yellow ball-guy with a gray mustache and a funky black hat appeared, seeming flustered. He talked in gibberish but it was obvious that he was upset. The original yellow ball-guy gets up urgently, tightens his orange gloves, and poses toward the screen, ready to take on this obvious predicament.

This game, Pac-Man: Adventures in Time, became one of his, or, rather, my favorites. I asked my parents to buy more Pac-Man games for me and we ended up getting Pac-Man All-Stars and Ms. Pac-Man and the Golden Maze, which became a few of my other favorites. (We also branched out to other classic Namco games, including Dig-Dug and Mappy, to name a few. I was introduced to the original that way and I was terrible at it, but still enjoyed it immensely.) The prized jewel of the games we got, however, was Pac-Man World 2, a game that holds the title of my favorite game of all time even now.

Pac-Man, of course, became an absolute obsession of mine. I bought every piece of smiley face merchandise I could get a hold of since they were the closest thing to Pac-Man merchandise I could find (and they were cute and happy in their own right as well, of course). We even bought the (looking back on it, terrible) Hanna Barbara Pac-Man TV Show and I watched every episode way too many times.

Of course, life went on and James grew up and situations changed. We had to move to the mountains (right after we painted Pac-Man and the Ghosts on my bedroom walls, I might add *grumblegrumble*) and I had to find a new school and new friends and all that. But I still had Pac-Man, so I was still happy and not everything was strange and unusual. And, of course, once I got used to that, my parents divorced and made my life especially difficult...but I still had my Pac-Pillow to rest my head on and my Pac-Man plushie to hold as I slept, so it wasn't so bad in the end.

I have changed, my life has changed, my situations have changed...and I don't deal well with change. I like consistency. Always have. So, in order to survive the inconsistency that I had to deal with, I latched on to one thing in my life that I had control of and never let it go. I made sure I had one thing in life that would always be there. I made sure that I always had something to go to when I needed to escape from the relentlessly changing world. That thing was Pac-Man. I was always going to have him and no one was going to take him away from me. Ever.

So, yeah. You could say that I have a personal connection with Pac-Man and that Pac-Man and I have quite the history together. He's been with me for over two-thirds of my life, after all. I've come to cherish and adore him.

So let's just get this clear:

Want: 100%
I think it's obvious why. I love Pac-Man...

...But it's actually a little more than that too. You see, I was introduced to Super Smash Bros. Melee when I was little as well. It wasn't even close to as early as Pac-Man, but I had played Super Smash Bros. Melee for the first time when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I ended up loving it so much that I got a Gamecube for Christmas the next year with it, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and...Pokemon Channel (which did not compare to those two masterpieces). This was the same time my brother was getting into Pokemon on the DS and I eventually ended up getting one of them so I could play with Pokemon too.

Before long, I was completely and utterly enamored with the worlds of Nintendo.

The chance to have these two incredibly influential series unite with Pac-Man's playable status in the Super Smash Bros. series would be a literal dream come true. This has been a lifelong dream that I never dared hope for...until now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chance:
I'll be honest. Him not being in would be enough to make me abstain from buying the Wii U I've been saving for for Smash. I might very well get only the 3DS version at first and get a Wii U (and the Wii U version) when more games come out that interest me (since, frankly, none but a very select few have) if Pac-Man's not in. With Pac-Man, this is a system seller for me. Without, it's not.

So his not getting in would crush me.

...But, obviously, I am saving for a Wii U. I am definitely hoping for the best. It's obvious that I don't want to be crushed...but it's important to note that I don't expect to be. Just take this as my warning that I may be too optimistic about his chances. It's not my intent to be biased, and I genuinely feel this way, but I could very well be overestimating his chances because of my want for him being so high.

With that out of the way, let me list the largest points in his favor:

Point 1: Bandai-Namco is working on Smash Bros 4 with Sakurai and co.
Everyone and their mother knows this by now. Sakurai is living next to and working at a Bandai-Namco facility for this project. If it wasn't for this, I fully admit that Pac-Man's likelihood of getting in would be similar to the likelihood of his living from touching a ghost without a power pellet...null. But it puts him in a situation that's very comparable to that of Snake. While the creator of Pac-Man isn't exactly Sakurai's close friend, Sakurai's still in contact with important members of Bandai-Namco, which means negotiations for Pac-Man would already be easier for Sakurai than Sonic's and Mega Man's were. That combined with Pac-Man's far greater iconic status than Snake, lack of the potentially offensive material that Snake has, and Nintendo's familiarity with negotiating with Bandai-Namco make him the easiest potential third-party newcomer to get into Smash yet. The situation would probably be highly tempting. (Also, it'd make Miyamoto ecstatic.)

Point 2: Pac-Man has little to no competition from other third-party newcomers.
Since Sakurai stated that only "legendary" third-party characters would be getting in, Pac-Man does not have to deal with competition from other third-party characters (such competition made it impossible for Mega Man to get in Brawl, since Sonic was so highly requested). He is, by far, the most highly requested third-party character to add. His only competition is from veteran Snake (who, for the record, can coexist with Pac-Man) and a few oddball third-party candidates like Professor Layton and Dragon Quest's Slime. This means that Sakurai was very likely to at least consider him, especially considering the circumstances between him and Bandai-Namco.

Point 3: Namco has received recognition already in SSB4.
The S-Flag and Galaga enemy boosted Pac-Man's already ridiculous chances up by a ton. Sakurai has to have been in at least some negotiations with Bandai-Namco in order to get this in the game. And if he was in negotiations, it's not likely he was in negotiations only for an item, since Sakurai has mentioned that working with other companies is one of the most difficult parts about making the game before. Why would he go through such difficult stuff for anything less than a playable character? It just doesn't make sense.

Point 4: Leak
We have no idea if it's real or not, but it's at least highly probable that this guy has some legitimate inside info. If he does, Pac-Man's in 100%. I won't go too far into this, though, since the leak isn't necessarily true and might be completely irrelevant to his chances if so.

With that in mind, I'm giving Pac-Man a 94% chance. He's only behind Palutena herself in likelihood for me. I hope I justified it well and I apologize if my rating is biased, as I acknowledge it may be.

(I might get to Miis later, but this is the part I care about most.)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Pac-Man:

Let me tell you a little story about a boy named James.

When James was an itty-bitty boy of five or six, he was introduced to this mystical contraption called a computer that he had no idea how to use. It bored him at first, since he only really saw boring adult stuff being done on it, but his father, being a man who loved computers and knew practically everything to know about them, wanted to teach his son what he knew about computers. Being a little boy, though, James wasn't interested in being taught how to use a "word", as he felt his vocabulary was more than adequate, and he felt a little sorry for the explorer who got himself stuck inside a net, but failed to understand what he had to do with computers. So he made the offhand comment of wanting to go and play and his father explained to him that this miraculous thing was something to be played with. He was, of course, very confused, but he trusted that his father wasn't a lunatic and that it really could play with him...despite not being able to move. So James waited as patiently as he knew how and eagerly watched his father as he brought down a folder with a bunch of silly looking circles with holes in the center. James assumed these to be treats for the computer that would get it to do tricks or something. (An assumption that seemed more than reasonable when the machine stuck out its tongue and took the treat into its mouth.)

James' father, being a fair bit more understanding of what he was doing, was looking for a game that would entertain our young James. It had to be nonviolent, fairly simple, and still appealing for little James. Pinball would've worked...but it wasn't quite colorful enough to appeal to such a young boy...Golf was definitely out of the question...maybe...no, not that...Then he found it! Should've been perfectly obvious to him, he thought to himself as he put it in.

James' attention was pulled to the start-up screen that he saw which he, despite being unable to read, found interesting because of a certain yellow, happy-faced ball-guy that greeted him and his father with a wink and a thumb's up, seemingly telling them that playtime was beginning. The game started up and James watched, confused, as some odd circles and a person made out of string showed up. His father explained that it was an intro like you'd see on a TV show and that the real thing was starting up. James' attention snapped completely to the oddly-shaped spinning rock that he saw. It looked sort of like something he knew by the name of Saturn, but it looked like a chunk was taken out of the side for some reason. The screen flashed to two brightly-colored ghosts of blue and orange traversing a not-so-brightly-colored landscape. The orange one stops and looks around before having the blue ghost run into him clumsily (James noted that they made a funny clunk-y sound when they bumped into one-another). The screen turned to match the vision of the ghosts and zoomed in. Menacing eyes appeared and the screen showed a close up of an unpleasant-looking creature speaking some evil sounding language. The orange ghost pulled a pretty golden ball out of a brown bag and turned to give it to the creature. He shook as the thing's claws took the artifact from him. The monster looked serious as he said a few more words before closing his hand around the ball. He lifted it up and smashed the golden sphere into the ground, creating a flash.

The screen then changes to look at a sleeping image of the happy yellow ball-guy that he saw before. He snores. Again. Then a light flashed on and off on a television behind him and a sound vaguely like a telephone went off...the ball-guy turned as the sound got faster and faster and the screen of the television blinked on. A similar looking yellow ball-guy with a gray mustache and a funky black hat appeared, seeming flustered. He talked in gibberish but it was obvious that he was upset. The original yellow ball-guy gets up urgently, tightens his orange gloves, and poses toward the screen, ready to take on this obvious predicament.

This game, Pac-Man: Adventures in Time, became one of his, or, rather, my favorites. I asked my parents to buy more Pac-Man games for me and we ended up getting Pac-Man All-Stars and Ms. Pac-Man and the Golden Maze, which became a few of my other favorites. (We also branched out to other classic Namco games, including Dig-Dug and Mappy, to name a few. I was introduced to the original that way and I was terrible at it, but still enjoyed it immensely.) The prized jewel of the games we got, however, was Pac-Man World 2, a game that holds the title of my favorite game of all time even now.

Pac-Man, of course, became an absolute obsession of mine. I bought every piece of smiley face merchandise I could get a hold of since they were the closest thing to Pac-Man merchandise I could find (and they were cute and happy in their own right as well, of course). We even bought the (looking back on it, terrible) Hanna Barbara Pac-Man TV Show and I watched every episode way too many times.

Of course, life went on and James grew up and situations changed. We had to move to the mountains (right after we painted Pac-Man and the Ghosts on my bedroom walls, I might add *grumblegrumble*) and I had to find a new school and new friends and all that. But I still had Pac-Man, so I was still happy and not everything was strange and unusual. And, of course, once I got used to that, my parents divorced and made my life especially difficult...but I still had my Pac-Pillow to rest my head on and my Pac-Man plushie to hold as I slept, so it wasn't so bad in the end.

I have changed, my life has changed, my situations have changed...and I don't deal well with change. I like consistency. Always have. So, to survive, I latched on to one thing in my life that I had control of and never let it go. I made sure I had one thing in life that would always be consistent. I made sure that I always had something to go to when I needed to escape from the relentlessly changing world. That thing was Pac-Man. I was always going to have him and no one was going to take him away from me. Ever.

So you could say that I have a personal connection with Pac-Man. Pac-Man and I have quite the history together. He's been with me for over two-thirds of my life, and I adore him.

So let's get this part out of the way first.

Want: 100%
I think it's obvious why. I mean, the main character of my favorite series appearing in my second favorite series (and favorite Nintendo game series)? How could this possibly be any less than a 100%, take-all-my-money-now want?

Chance:
I'll be honest. I'd be crushed by Pac-Man not being in this game. Him not being in would be enough to make me abstain from buying the Wii U I've been saving for for Smash. I might very well get only the 3DS version at first and get a Wii U (and the Wii U version) when more games come out that interest me (since, frankly, none but a very select few have). With Pac-Man, this is a system seller for me. Without, it's not.

And, since I'm saving for a Wii U, I'm hoping for the best. I do not want to be crushed and I frankly do not expect to be. Just...take this as my warning that I may be overly optimistic about his chances. It's not my intent to be biased, and I genuinely feel this way, but I could very well be overestimating his chances. With that out of the way, let me list the largest points in his favor:

Point 1: Bandai-Namco is working on Smash Bros 4 with Sakurai and co.
Everyone and their mother knows this by now. Sakurai is living next to and working at a Bandai-Namco facility for this project. If it wasn't for this, I fully admit that Pac-Man's likelihood of getting in would be similar to the likelihood of his living from touching a ghost without a power pellet...null. But it puts him in a situation that's very comparable to that of Snake. While the creator of Pac-Man isn't exactly Sakurai's close friend, Sakurai's still in contact with important members of Bandai-Namco, which means negotiations for Pac-Man would already be easier for Sakurai than Sonic's and Mega Man's were. That combined with Pac-Man's far greater iconic status than Snake, lack of the potentially offensive material that Snake has, and Nintendo's familiarity with negotiating with Bandai-Namco make him the easiest potential third-party newcomer to get into Smash yet. The situation would probably be highly tempting. (Also, it'd make Miyamoto ecstatic.)

Point 2: Pac-Man has little to no competition from other third-party newcomers.
Since Sakurai stated that only "legendary" third-party characters would be getting in, Pac-Man does not have to deal with competition from other third-party characters (such competition made it impossible for Mega Man to get in Brawl, since Sonic was so highly requested). He is, by far, the most highly requested third-party character to add. His only competition is from veteran Snake (who, for the record, can coexist with Pac-Man) and a few oddball third-party candidates like Professor Layton and Dragon Quest's Slime. This means that Sakurai was very likely to at least consider him, especially considering the circumstances between him and Bandai-Namco.

Point 3: Namco has received recognition already in SSB4.
The S-Flag and Galaga enemy boosted Pac-Man's already ridiculous chances up by a ton. Sakurai has to have been in at least some negotiations with Bandai-Namco in order to get this in the game. And if he was in negotiations, it's not likely he was in negotiations only for an item, since Sakurai has mentioned that working with other companies is one of the most difficult parts about making the game before. Why would he go through such difficult stuff for anything less than a playable character? It just doesn't make sense.

Point 4: Leak
We have no idea if it's real or not, but it's at least highly probable that this guy has some legitimate inside info. If he does, Pac-Man's in 100%. I won't go too far into this, though, since the leak isn't necessarily true and might be completely irrelevant to his chances if so.

With that in mind, I'm giving Pac-Man a 94% chance. He's only behind Palutena herself in likelihood for me. I hope I justified it well and I apologize if my rating is biased, as I acknowledge it may be.

(I might get to Miis later, but this is the part I care about most.)
I'll admit it...
I cried. ;_;

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Pac-Man - 50%
I'm 50/50 on this. It'd be nice to see him, but I'm also on the side of "Sakurai not giving Namco special treatment" statement. Personally I think he's better off as an Assist Trophy, but again, we'll see what happens.

Mii - 7%
- I think the "Find Mii" exercise is really all they're gonna have for a role in Smash Bros. 3DS.

Want for Pac-Man? Again, I'm 50/50 on it.
Want for Mii? None.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
OK, I'll be the weirdo

Pac-Man
Chances - 85%
I have always found Pac-Man extremely likely since Sakurai commented on how Mega Man was in a league of his own when it came to being a video game icon. As it stands, Pac Man is one of the, if not the, most popular video game character of all time, above even Mario. I think it would be a waste of an opportunity for Pac Man not to be a part of the cast.
Oh yea, additionally, there's all the items like Galaga and the Assist like Pong that really goes to show how much of a museum this game is and how much it aims to respect video game legacy. I can imagine Pac Man making 1000% sense just with this alone

Want - 100%
The only other third party that makes sense aside from Mega Man and Sonic. Too big in the world of video games for me not to be giddy like a school girl at the idea of him joining the ranks of the cast.

Mii
Chance - 80%
I like how when it comes to leaks, they totally help Palutena and Shulk because we want them, but nope, leak doesn't help the Mii. Of course that makes no sense.
The Miis are HUGE in Nintendo history at this point and they're at the forefront of the revolution caused by the Wii. I personally feel it would be strange to have them, but even MORE strange for them to just not be there in some way or form. Now, I think their best form is as an assist trophy, BUT nevertheless I think the greatest chance is that we'll see them as playable characters.
No, I don't think the whole symbol stuff means anything in terms of playable characters. It's more of the fact that I can just see Sakurai going "can we make a symbol of this franchise easily?" and if yes, let's go for it. If no, then screw it, use the Smash Bros. logo.
Oh, but they're in the stage! Well, so is Toon Link. Not to mention it could easily be another random mii in the cage from the development team or one you get from streetpass and gives you trophies when you rescue it.
Oh, but they're profile icons! So were all of the characters in Brawl AND are the Miis in Mario Kart where you can play as your mii.

Want - 55%
There is one thing that is getting Miis above the indifference line, and getting me to actually care about them, and something I feel will have a similar impact on others, even if it's just a more casual audience:
Tomodachi Life

Tomodachi life is doing a couple of things that kept the Miis back. One of those is giving them a personality. The other is actually putting them at the forefront of the gaming experience. I admit, I like that this is happening because in the even of Mii joining, it really makes me more ok with it.
The other things to consider:
- Careful censorship and monitoring in online mode. That immediately relieves one of the worries about people using obscene faces, insulting images, etc.
- In terms of uniqueness, we don't know what Sakurai could do. People who assume they'd be another Villager are showing the creativty of people who were sure Rosalina would be a clone of Peach. Personally, I think it'd be interesting if the attacks of the Mii were affected by the shirt color of your own personal Mii. Just changing the shirt color means a completely different character, or at least one with different effects, kind of like Samus in Project M changing beams.
There is something they could do with Miis, it's just a matter of thinking about it.

Now, all of this said, I would love it a lot if instead of wasting time on Mii we got an actual character. But as things are, I think they're happening, and the want is helped by the fact Tomodachi Life will probably make me love these things and make their movements really quirky. I am much more ok with this idea than before and I see a lot of merit in going with it.

Predictions
Takamaru - 54%
Lip - 13%

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Pacman chance - 90%

Namco have assist trophies in the game now, so it isn't much of a stretch to think they'll have him playable.

Pacman want - 0%

No interest.

Miis chance - 87%

It's starting to seem even more likely with the tomodachi stage and tomodachi life arriving in the west soon.

Miis want - 5%

There's a slight novelty to playing as a Mii but I think that would wear off incredibly quickly.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka...

Pac-Man:
Chance Whoop Whoop: 99%

Yes, I'm THAT confident.

That Special Flag Pretty much cements it. Why bother giving Namco something as great as it's own item if you're not giving them a character? I don't see Sega or Capcom getting similar treatment, so once again What Sakurai Says=/=What Sakurai Does. No special treatment? HA! Namco are so special they get a SPECIAL flag.

Anyway, of the many, many, MANY Namco characters available, only one stands above the rest, and that is the most famous video game character of all time(bar arguably Mario); Pac-Man. He's the only Namco character who can be considered a true video games legend, Namco's mascot character, and a household name.

I believe Groose mentioned about most the newcomers coming off as ones who were either born recently or had a revival? Well Pac is back and garnering popularity with the kids currently in Ghostly Adventures. Not my favourite version of the guy but he has that in his favour too. Namco WANT to push Pac-Man into the spotlight again, unlike Capcom who for some reason seem embarrassed about Megaman, and seem to want to hide him from the world.

Lloyd isn't happening, Klonoa isn't happening, Nightmare isn't happening and neither is any Tekken character. Pac-Man is the only choice that works for a game of All Stars.

At this point I'm as confident in Pac-Man appearing as I was of Megaman pre-E3. Weird the characters I'm most confident in have been 3rd Parties.

Wakka wakka want: 100%
Honestly? I can't think of anyone better than this guy for a 3rd Party. I've found very few reasons to keep him out of Smash but one a lot of people seem to bring up is he'd have an uninspired moveset.

This would be a fair point but when I see Wii Fit Trainer, who has even LESS to work with than Pac-Man, receiving praise and being seen as so gosh darn unique I have to just think it's a case of people will be fine with whoever gets into Smash, but praise for a character is only acceptable once Sakurai adds them to the Roster.

Also all Sonic does is spin and run, but I don't see many people complain about limited moveset options for him. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Another thing I see a lot of is '2D Pac-Man is legendary; 3D is not'. Apparently adding limbs or eyes to the Pac-Man makes him mysteriously unrecognisable. This is one of the more (frankly) moronic reasons I've seen. 3D Pac-Man is not a new thing and has been around for years; long enough for people to have come across his 3D form at some point.

If I can tell half the Megaman redesigns/versions are still Megaman without playing a single Megaman game, I'm fairly confident people can make the simple leap in logic that 3D Pac-Man = 2D Pac-Man, especially considering 2D Pac-Man's look was due to technical limitations, and nothing more.

Mii:
Chance: 70%

Yeah I don't know...gut feeling still says they could get in. andimidna brings up some good points, but so does Brawler610. Could go either way...

Want: 30%
Ehhhhh...eh.

I guess depending on exactly HOW they're implemented they wouldn't be too bad...but...just like most people on Smashboards I'm not feeling them. Maybe I'll be surprised and they'll have a really fun moveset, but...I don't really see it happening.

Predictions:
Takamaru: 40%

Greninja has shurikens covered, and another elemental sword.

Lip: 2%
Lip's Stick. That is all.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Pacman
Chance: 75%
Want: 70%

Hes in a very good position. There is a large influence from Namco In this game, and if they so happen to get a character, I welcome it, and the most obvious choice is the Pac. There is no other 3rd party that can match his legendary status, and is one of the few that can fit in the smash vibe. The leak helps too.

Mii
Chance: 70%
Want: 40%

Again, a very similar situation to Pacman. They are one of the biggest things in Nintendo right now, and have large influence. I am hesitant toward their inclusion because of "hitler" and "Johnson" Miis, but the reporting system that sakirai spoke of previously will also, hopefully, deter people from doing so. I also dont believe they woukd make a good addition, but am always happy with being surprised.

Predictions
Takamaru: 31%
Lip: 6.3%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Mii
30% Chance
Miis polarlize me. On one hand, I am skeptically leaning more towards the Sal leak, but on the other they are the their own biggest obstacle in my eyes, for reasons already beat like a dead horse.
I fully concur with not only the logo situation, where one would assume the Find Mii stage, and perhaps even the Pilotwings stage that evolves into Wuhu Island, would have a Mii logo that isn't based purely on Find Mii. It almost seems like it would just be the word 'Mii.' We'll see if we somehow get a Tomodachi logo before the time comes when Mii is either confirmed or deconfirmed. If it is unique, I'd say it solidifies Miis as deconfirmed unless for whatever reason Sakurai sees different Mii games as their own series. There are also issues that I am about to mention in my Want post;

Want 40%
They deserve it... if there is a way to implement them without the controversy of different hitboxes, sick people using as a means to represent bullying and hurting those based on real-life people (which is very different than racing with them or "realistically" boxing) and Miis that are based on body parts and other poor-taste content. and I really don't think there is a way to avoid all the ways people will abuse them like they already do. It's not like an avatar in any other game like Animal Crossing where you can only vaguely make it look like and physically represent yourself... or other people, like Gandhi or Obama or Hitler, who people are going to be offended by beating up or seeing.

---------------

Pac-Man
89% chance
Namco items, Namco co-developing, and an utter video game legendary icon who is as recognizable as Mario and Sonic. If he was a first party character with the same history except Nintendo exclusive, he would have been in for Smash 64, which is better than I can say based on the credentials and resume of any other third party who isn't in (except maybe Simon Belmont and even more questionably Bomberman).

100% want
A Ms. Pac-Man cabinet in a laundromat is quite literally the first game I ever played in any capacity. I want a 3D Pac-Man (like he always appeared on the sides of cabinets) with a 2Dish inspired moveset.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Pac-Man:

He's very likely. Pac-Man is a old-school veteran of the video game industry who is even older than Mario. He would be a very big name to put alongside the likes of Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man. Also, Namco is working on the game, and they've put references to their IPs in the game already, why not put in the only video game character who can potentially rival Mario in recognition? I think that he's one of the few characters that would fit Sakurai's criteria for non-Nintendo fighters. If Namco is putting in one of their characters, it's going to be Pac-Man.

I don't care one way or the other. While it would be cool to have extreme old-school references in his moveset, the character himself has taken quite a fall since the '80s. If he's in, I will probably at least try him out, but I don't care if he's in or not.

Mii:

Chance: 50%
Miis have been a major thing for Nintendo in recent years, so they do have a bit of a chance. What I think makes them less likely is the fact that two of the stages that heavily revolve around them (Pilotwings and Find Mii) don't have a specific "Mii" icon representing them. Plus, a Mii can appear in the cage in the Find Mii stage. That being said, the first screenshot of the Find Mii stage didn't have a Mii in the cage, so it may be a Toon Link/Alfonzo situation. I think it could go either way.

NO. JUST NO. They are better suited as just avatars. I don't care for the idea of them being playable in the slightest. I play Smash to kick ass as my favorite Nintendo characters, not a generic avatar. Waste of a slot in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom