• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Ridley
Chance: 3% We've completely deconfirmed people for less.
Want: 40% I'm beginning to care less than before

Palutena
Chance: 80% Chances are really good.
Want:75%

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ridley:
Chance: 10% - I can't see it, he'll be a boss stage hazard.
Want - 90% - Ridley is one of the few all-stars yet to be playable. He'll have a go eventually someday, surely?

Palutema:
Chance: 99.9% - If she isn't in the game after all the teasing I'll be amazed.
Want - 90% - Kid Icarus should have two reps after the success of Uprising, and she's the perfect candidate.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ridley:
Chance: 50%- I don't know what to make of it.
Want: 60%- Yes he'd be cool, but it's not the end of the world if he misses out again.

Palutena:
Chance: 99.9%- I better not jinx it.
Want: 100%- She's my second most wanted character, and would be a newcomer I'd actually plan on playing with, even if she doesn't fit my playstyle, which she probably won't.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I heard a little bird sing a song that Ridley is in here today, so I'm just quickly going to drop in and then drop out again.

Ridley:

Chance: 5% - Now isn't this a damn shame, he fell a whole 80% since last I rated him. Fact of the matter is that Sakurai showed him under the boss section. Ridley's animations weren't done as any 3D animator can see, at a certain point his whole body stops moving while his wings still flap, which is likely why he was only teased instead of entirely deconfirmed. The Ridley who's shadow we saw on Pyrosphere won't be the playable one, that's for certain, the only chance he has now is that Sakurai takes advantage of the fact that the Other M Ridley is a clone, and then the real Ridley makes it in as playable, and I highly doubt that.

Want: 100% - I'll be honest, with his most likely exclusion once more, I won't feel that the roster is complete. There is a big gaping hole in the Brawl roster in the form of Ridley's exclusion, and the same will likely hold true again, sad as it might be. Ridley is the biggest Nintendo All-Star left to be added after Little Mac was included, sure Palutena and K. Rool are all-stars too, but one is from a franchise with only a few games and its future is uncertain, and the other hasn't been in his franchise for the past 6 years. Ridley is in nearly every damn Metroid game, is the fanbase's most favored boss, is the developers' most favored boss (both Sakamoto's and Retro's), even Nintendo recognizes his popularity by giving him his own E-Shop section on that villain day thingy they had running. Without Ridley, the All-Star cast won't ever truly be finished.

Palutena:

Chance: 99% - Duh.

Want: 50% - I honestly think Palutena's upcoming reveal has been ruined quite a bit. With Sakurai making it too obvious, and her already having been leaked, I'm not really excited for her anymore. She's probably still a cool character though.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ridley
Chances: 15%
I hate giving this score, it breaks my heart to do it, but I can't help being more pessimistic about this. Before, I honestly didn't think Sakurai was building up to a hazard reveal, it seemed too lackluster, and after so many months going by without notice, I was beginning to think that he'd be playable. Then the direct hit and that all came crashing down, crushing me underneath. It proved to me that Sakurai really could be building up to just that and nothing more.

Now, I can understand where everyone's coming from with the idea that Sakurai's playing with us as the shadow is vague so he could be hiding something from us. But the context and how Sakurai has treated this so far has made me wary on the issue, I could easily see Sakurai ignoring Ridley's popularity for this element, and that greatly disappoints me. Due to that, I just can't be as positive as I once was, I honestly hope it's just a nagging pessimism that doesn't amount to anything, but I can't be sure anymore...

Want: 100%
I've been a Ridley fan for a long time and I don't plan on stopping now. I honestly hope he's playable because he's a character many others along with myself wanted for so long and it'd be worthwhile to see him finally alongside Samus in battle. It may not be this game, but it could be next one or even further down the line, whichever one it is, I'll be supporting him all the way through it and rejoicing when he's playable.

Palutena
Chances: 95%
At this point, it's almost a matter of when then character gets revealed. Sakurai's been teasing her a lot lately, what with examples like the pseudo-scare as well as unveiling a stage that's heavily associated with her. I'd honestly be surprised if it didn't amount to anything.

Want: 95%
Loved the character in Uprising, so I look forward to seeing her.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Sakurai loves his subterfuge... one might say he's a little bit Riddle-y! Eh? Eh?

Okay fine... Don't laugh!

Barney the giant purple space dragon pirate:
That shadow looks suspicious, and quite small when one compares it with the very small Pikachu he's holding... there are straight up single frame switches between hovering and moving forward, something you don't really see in bosses, but do see in playable characters... but he could be unfinished...

If he is an unfinished boss it seems a bit late as they've clearly got a LONG way to go before Winter... it seems odd to tease something that's THAT unfinished this early... so let's look at it another way, why would his animations be so jerky?

There're three options; Sakurai's a troll and he's playable, he's Jerky so that he looks the same as his playable version, or he's just really really far from finished and they just hope he'll be done in time... that last one sounds kinda rediculous, and extremely unprofessional; inside a very well produced Direct, in a game with a greater focus on Quality, which has really high quality media (barr the Rosalina reveal) for all the significant updates... that just doesn't sound very likely to me... Although there is one explanation that sounds feasible...

Chance: 85%
That's a 10% drop from last time. If he's not playable my already low trust in the game is going to drop even further given how early they showed footage of him... that said I can think of one reason they might have done this: Balance.

Literallly the only reason I can think of for them to have Ridley being implemented this late is that they tried to make him playable and just couldn't work out a way in time. The 3DS version comes out in a few months so if any character's not ready now, or at least close to it, then they're probably getting cut... is that what's happened to Ridley? Maybe... but I don't think it's all that highly likely... Rosaluma seems more difficult to balance, and she got to be the first post-e3 newcomer reveal... And moreover Namco are involved in the game and surely have enough experience to balance Ridley properly...

There are therefore two possibilities... 1. Sakurai is trolling us, or 2. They're worried, and this is a safety-net. They'll probably be able to balance Ridley in time, but incase they don't they've put a tease that Ridley is a boss... and if push comes to shove he'll just be a boss... But Sakurai is the type to work on a game 'till it's print date, and with modern patching technology you don't even need to stop there... Namco have the technology and experience to make Balance Patches ready for day 1, or even a little way in, and they can keep working way up and even past the 3DS release date without making the two games have different Meta-games...

I give a 10% that it won't work out, but I don't think it'll come to that.

I already thought he'd have a great move set, and was slowly won over by his 'charms' and how much I know it'll mean to his fans... but that was all pretty distant... I liked Ridley, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't one of my favourite villains, or from one of my favourite game series, so my personal connection with him was somewhat limited... my previous ratings did slowly grow to 100%,but it was mostly an academic interest...

This time, however, It's personal. Not because of him,but because of his detractors. The moment that scene showed up in the Direct the internet went crazy, people began ******** and whining, and when I made comments saying that I felt there was something up with the shadow I got some serious flack from the too biggots, and the rest of the Anti-Ridley campaign... I want Ridley for his moveset and how much he'd make people happy, but also as revenge... I want to see YouTube, Miiverse and the other detractors eat their hats... Basically the same reason I now put 0% for Banana Dee (I noticed my spelling mistake yesterday, but now I like it more than his real name :p), but much, much, much moreso!

Palutena:
She's totally in.

Chance: 99%
Yeah, she's in.

She better be in!

K. Rool: 76%
Kritters and Jungle Japes...

Dixie Kong: 46%
Still no Tropical Freeze stage...

Cranky Kong: 4%
Still no Tropical Freeze Stage...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Palutena
99.99% Chance
100% want

Ridley
99.99% Chance
100% Want

I am serious. I see these as locks, Morbid puts it better than I can for Ridley, as do others...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Palutena

She went to clearly being the most likely newcomer. I think she's even in a stronger position than Little Mac was.

Before:
++ She's highly wanted
+ She's from a revived series
+ Sakurai worked on her series. He's modest, but probably less modest when it comes to characters/series he didn't create
+ She's female, and Sakurai seems to be looking for more female inclusions
+ She has some unique moveset potential

+/- The KI stage calls her out by name, but this isn't really that surprising. I don't think he'd be really any less likely to do so if she weren't in.

- Kid Icarus is a relatively small series, sales-wise. Only Earthbound has lower sales while having multiple reps.

From the Direct:

++ Palutena has been removed from Pit's move set
++ Sakurai directly trolled deconfirming her

Palutena chances: 97.5%
If Sakurai deconfirmed her now, it would be the cruelest troll of all. She's as close as a newcomer can get, IMO.

Palutena want: 70%
I've warmed to her a bit since early on. She seems like she'd be a fun addition.

Ridley

Sakurai is behaving quite strangely here. I think there are really only four factors at this point:

+ Ridley is one of the most wanted characters, perhaps the top character in the West

- Ridley was highly relevant and wanted in Brawl and Sakurai didn't put him in
- Ridley has some design issues that would make him trickier to implement - he's not too big, but his size and shape are still complications. But Sakurai has shown himself willing to overcome challenges (Villager + Little Mac's move sets)

??? Most importantly, Sakurai's statements on Miiverse and in the Direct

Why would Sakurai be teasing us with comments relevant to the "too big" argument, and other comments hinting at Ridley... if he was just a stage hazard? Why would he just show us Ridley's shadow, and not show Ridley?

So far, he hasn't significantly teased any non-playable character except the Yellow Devil, and nobody would have confused that for a playable character. The only question there was stage hazard or AT. And the Phantom I suppose, but that again was only a question of whether it was a move or an AT.

If Ridley was a stage hazard, then, why wouldn't he just bluntly and blatantly deconfirm him, the way he has every other AT or stage hazard we've seen so far? If Ridley wasn't in good enough shape to show yet, why even mention him at all? Why not just show the Dark Emperor or something?

Something fishy is going on. Either Sakurai has no clue how his fans will react (he's tactless and doesn't realize how many fans will be disappointed by a big buildup to a deconfirmation) or he's teasing us like he did with Palutena.

Unfortunately, I can't tell which thing is going on.

Also, what we did see of Ridley was kinda strange in its movement. Unless he can hover in place, it seems weird for a playable character to move that way (Ridley, of course, could have a move that allow free flying movement).

Ridley chances: 37%
I would be 50-50 on it if it weren't for the way Ridley moved in the video.

Ridley want: 99%
I don't get why Sakurai would do this. Why tease us so much for a stage hazard? Not only that, but Ridley as an AT would be much better to me than a stage hazard. That thing was moving so slow... The anti-Ridley crowd like to say he's done more justice not being playable, but that thing is not doing Ridley justice if it's a stage hazard. Hell, he had to be made slower and more predictable for Brawl due to the game mechanics, and even that didn't seem too fitting. At least as an AT he could be powerful, fast and hard-hitting.

Anyway, Metroid is one of my favorite series and Ridley is one of the only characters left that I think deserves to be in to make a complete Smash roster. (K Rool and perhaps Dixie being the only others from series already represented)

DK Predictions:
Cranky - 12%
I don't see much to change for him. I'm not sure why people were saying he was removed from Jungle Japes, there seems to be a shadow in the hut. The shadow there wasn't exactly going to deconfirm him anyway.
Dixie - 52%
I think she will probably drop back down to where she was before Rosalina, perhaps with some time decay and less hope for 2 DK characters.
K Rool - 70%
I think he'll be a little boosted by the Kremlings, but there's also less hope for 2 DK characters.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ridley

Chance: 60%
The main reason is that if Ridley was not playable, then Sakurai would not keep trolling people. He showed Waluigi, Goroh, Lyn, Toad, Ashley, etc. He didn't throw hints at their inclusions and then showed them, because that would kill hype. Toon Link, ROB, and DK have all appeared on stages/ story modes enemies and have been playable.

Want; 100%
Make it happen Sakurai.

Palutena
Chance: 99,9%
All but confirmed.

Not much needed to be said.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ridley:
Chance: 40%
Want: 80%
I think somethings fishy about the boss on Pyrosphere.

Palutena:
Chance: 98%
Want: 20%
Medusa > Palutena.

Predictions:
Cranky: 8.5%
Dixie: 68.9%
King K. Rool: 82.7%

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Palutena: 100%
I would be legitimately surprised if Palutena wasn't in this game. She's in a very fortunate position, as of now.

Want: 40%
Don't get me wrong. I love Palutena. I love Kid Icarus. Uprising is one of my favorite games ever. But I am still not convinced that a second KI rep is what Smash needs. I won't gripe if she gets in, and I'm actually prepared to see it happen. But that doesn't mean I'll squee like a little fanboy when it happens.

Ridley: 10%
The sympathy I feel for those Ridley fans who have been in the Smash speculation scene long enough to see their favorite character neglected the playable treatment he rightfully deserves two times over. I was one of those who speculated that the "an enemy from Samus' past" statement meant nothing. But I feel that any optimism on the situation is grasping for straws...

...but how much I would love to be proven wrong! While he's not my most wanted character, he is still a character that I have nostalgic childhood ties to, second only to Chibi Robo. To finally see him in his rightful place on the playable roster would leave my friends and I in a state of ecstasy. Very little could make me happier, regarding this game.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Man, I hate you all for raising my hope for Ridley.

Extra tidbit I thought of when someone brought up the amusing idea of a bunch of Ridley's on a stage: has anyone else noticed how massive the stages look? Particularly on the Wii U.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So like I said ten pages ago, I'm super stoked about these rerates. However, I've been busy the past few days attending PAX East, which isn't a bad thing at all but it ensured I had no time/energy to be here. Oops! (For the record, 90% satisfaction on Greninja, he's a brilliant surprise but suffers a bit from "Why couldn't we have X instead?" syndrome; I won't bore everyone with the other stuff I missed.)

Palutena - 95%
Not much to say here: after the trophy tease and the old leak, I'd be amazed if she is not playable, because she sure looks like a lock. I'll nevertheless leave 5% off because I'm pretty sure I gave Trainer a 100% and, well, we know how that turned out.
Want - 50% - Still uninteresting to me, but I wouldn't have any serious issue with her inclusion either.

Ridley - 50%
Coin-flip for me because, while the way it was presented in the Direct does have a pretty obvious implication, we still don't have any definitive proof one way or the other on Ridley's fate since the first Pyrosphere tease so many months ago. It all seems far too drawn-out and deliberately vague to be the lead up to a stage hazard/boss, so while it could simply be a lengthy attempt to avoid saying Ridley's out, it feels just as likely (perhaps even more so) that all this trolling is drumming up to a big E3 reveal to get everyone hyped up for the impending 3DS release. I could see it going either way, so I'll rate cautiously, but he's sure as heck not deconfirmed.
Want - 75% - I don't want him personally, but knowing how dedicated a fan base he has had for so long (not to mention he is easily the best candidate for a third Metroid character), it'd be a shame to have him miss out yet again.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ridley:
Chance: 15% - Still has a chance, but it's looking pretty likely he will be a boss hazard.
Want - 100% - Only newcomer I wanted more I got. (Megaman)

Palutema:
Chance: 95% - Closest thing we have to a sure thing.
Want - 100% - I love Kid Icarus. Pit was my most wanted newcomer for Brawl, and Palutena was amazingly funny in Uprising. If it came to a choice between her and Ridley, I would chose Ridley, but that's the only possible new comer I would put in front of her.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
palutena,chrom,mii,pacman,Dixie kong, are all gurantes.........IMHO AND I HAVENT BEEN WRONG BEFORE (lil mac......rosaluma.......nope not worng they were on the list too .aint wrong yet :p)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Ridley:
Chance: 15% - Still has a chance, but it's looking pretty likely he will be a boss hazard.
Want - 100% - Only newcomer I wanted more I got. (Megaman)

Palutema:
Chance: 95% - Closest thing we have to a sure thing.
Want - 100% - I love Kid Icarus. Pit was my most wanted newcomer for Brawl, and Palutena was amazingly funny in Uprising. If it came to a choice between her and Ridley, I would chose Ridley, but that's the only possible new comer I would put in front of her.
WHAT NO. 100% chance for palutena did you miss allthe evidence people???. tease tease tease sakurai's loved franchise tease tease diorect tease leak tease ki attention big fanbase .

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
WHAT NO. 100% chance for palutena did you miss allthe evidence people???. tease tease tease sakurai's loved franchise tease tease diorect tease leak tease ki attention big fanbase .
Someone could accidently erase all of Palutena's code. That's the 5 pecent.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
You do realize that a 95% rating is still really high right?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
There's no way for us to say that any character is a guarantee, unless we have definitive evidence that confirms it. Palutena is extremely likely, yes, but she's not a guarantee. No character is.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Palutena
Chances- 90%
She could (very sadly) not be in, but knowing how KI is a main franchise in Sakurai's eyes (and little by little for Nintendo too), the strong amount of love and support she's been having even after 2 years of her last game and all the teasing by Sakurai she looks very likely.

Want- 1000%
Please make it happen. She's simply my most lovable female character out of Nintendo's cast, her character was sooooooo well made in Uprising it'd be very sad to not to have her in fighting along Pit.

Ridley
Chances- 30%
With his current status of stage hazard he seems very unlikely to happen, there's still a possibility of having another Ridley but extremely unlikely.

Want- 50%
I like Metroid, a lot. Fusion is my 1st and fav game from the franchise but I don't have the same necessity of having Ridley in a smash bros. game being playable like most of the people. If he's in that's ok to me, if he's not, well, as long as he appears in some sort of way it's cool.

andimidna

Smash Master
Someone could accidently erase all of Palutena's code. That's the 5 pecent.
I don't think they'd something as major as full data for a complete character saved in one place.
But there's always that small chance that Godzilla will destroy the Namco Studios building and all of the computers will be smashed:laugh:

But seriously, if we're so far down the chain of arguments and scenarios that were considering this. It seems like a safe bet at the very least.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Palutena

Chance: 85%
The Pseudo trolling and the fact that Pit's Final Smash was changed add to her already likely chance. She's not a shoe in, but she is pretty darn likely.

In my top 5 characters, great character, and many of my friends want to see her in Smash.

Ridley

Chance: 50%
There are some things going in his favor, such as - Why didn't Sakurai show him directly? Why didn't he show him as a hazard shortly after the Pyrosphere was announced? Surely he is aware of his massive fanbase. The amount of trolling in that Direct was extreme, and Ridley may be a case of that. However, we must not ignore the context of his appearance. We do know that Sakurai showed us Ridley's (Probably Other M's) shadow on the Pyrosphere. Overall I think Ridley could go either way.

Third Most Wanted Newcomer.

K. Rool - 70%
Dixie Kong - 55%
Cranky Kong - 15%

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Palutena -
Chance: 99%
Like everyone else has already said, Palutena is essentially confirmed already. If you don't believe the Palutena or Gematsu leaks; then Sakurai's constant trolling, Pit's changed final smash, her home stage, and the overabundance of KI representation should be convincing enough. My guess is that she's an unlockable character.

She's in my top four most wanted newcomers, I'll definitely be maining her when the games come out.

Ridley -
Abstain
I've never played a Metroid game and don't really know the character besides hearing about him from the Smash community, so I'm going to skip rating him.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Oh great my first chance since joining to rate important characters:

Ridley:
Chances: 35% ok I will like for him to be in and he might but sometimes it's better to be realistic the boss reduce his chances of being playable a lot
Want: 65% I know Ridley is really iconic and would be happy having him joining this is just based on personal preference

Palutena:
Chances: 95% yes she is extremely likely, she is almost in but until she is officially revealed I will always have some doubt in me(yes I am aware of the leaks, of the trolling)
Want 100% she is the character I want the most, she is unique and has a great potencial moveset, her concept is different, she is not a princess and she is not blonde (nothing against blondes just saying because we already have 3 blondes), of all characters I want I will be only really dissapointed if she is not in

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Palutena: 99.99%
want: 100%

yup she's in, I've got no doubts
giant purple shadow: 1%
want : 1%

K. rool: 80%
Dixie: 40%
cranky: 1%

Last edited:

Typs

Smash Cadet
Ridley:
Chance: 30% there is still some hope but with the boss reveal his chances are not very high...

Palutena:
Chance: 99% leak + new final smash for pit + the pseudo palutena joke, she's got to be in, but nothing is 100% sure.
Want: 95%

D

Deleted member

I'm interested to see how Ridley's want is affected by the direct and its aftermath.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ridley: 50%
Hes either a boss character or a character. It's a 50-50 shot. I'm keeping expectations low.

Palutena: 100%
She's in. No question.

Both characters are 100% in want. Ridley would be one of the more unique characters (I think he'll be a fully-flying character), and Palutena's my most wanted.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm interested to see how Ridley's want is affected by the direct and its aftermath.
It wouldn't surprise me if it went up quite a bit. Having Ridley "de-confirmed" may make people realize how much they wanted Ridley.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So how many 99.99%/100%s have we seen for Tuna today? :rotfl:

It wouldn't surprise me if it went up quite a bit. Having Ridley "de-confirmed" may make people realize how much they wanted Ridley.
I'm still mostly neutral, but I want him in just so Sakurai can have it on his resume as a big feat.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Ridley
Likelihood: 10%

Palutena
Likelihood: 95%

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
If I added everything up right...
The #s for Palutena's chance added up to 7141.53
And there were 75 people that rated her
So... a 95.22% chance :3
This score... I like it...
Edit: Well there's already been 2 new votes since I figured that out :p

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I've officially lurked here for two years... I guess this day was just too interesting for me to not participate! Congrats on finally converting me!

Palutena Chance - 90%
+ Worldwide Popularity
+ From a series that has had a new, very popular, and reasonably successful installment since Brawl
+ Pseudo-tena trophy (makes me think of "Big Mac")
+ Has stage representation

Yep, I think she's looking pretty good! (I'm not going to even mention the possibility of the leak). I honestly can't justify giving ANY possible newcomer a higher rating than that.

Palutena Want - 100%
Easily my most wanted newcomer! Great character with great personality from a great game. If you haven't played Uprising... you should. Really.

Ridley Chance - 25%
I think it's possible that Sakurai is just trolling the fans... but then again, I wouldn't consider it a guarantee. I don't think people would still be as positive about it if it was any other character.

Ridley Want - 30 %
Have no personal connection to Ridley or even Metroid in general, nor do I like his design or personality. Even so, he certainly is a Nintendo All-Star and I would be happy that his fans will get what they've been waiting for for so long.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I will just go there to rate ridley but anyway this thread isn't representative of opinions so take that as you will:

Ridley

chance: 55%

ok so first, it can't be above 60 because we're playing with a grey area here (yes there's hint of him being other or more than hazard). with all the fishy thing going on (vague shadow, strange behaviour not from other m, how implicit Sakurai told about him, doing nothing after the grab, etc...) I would give him a 50% because it is impossible to deceide for sure if he's an hazard. but what that makes me think of 55% is a little thing I noticed some days ago: literally, Sakurai not only did not say explicitly that he's an hazard, but he said this: "Other boss characters make appearances in other stages." or if you want: "Other boss character (which might not be ridley) make appearances in other stages (which might not be pyroshere)." What I mean is it's double meaning it can mean ridley is an hazard because of how this quote was said while his shadow was shown or it can mean that other boss are hazards in other stages but doesn't mean ridley is an hazard. If that sounds way too good to be true well remember how he clearly teased him with the famous miiverse quote? o the zamus deconfirmation for 3 second? or the pseudo Palutena? It can be done by Sakurai but I'm not putting my rating higher because, tbh, paper mario is more likely to be playable than this quote hinting at ridley being playable but it would make Sakurai the best troll.
TL;DR A clear verdict can't be declared but Sakurai may trolls us here in a very elaborative way.

Want: 85% Yes I like him, but I can take it if he isn't there.

Palutena (even if I don't really care)

Chance: 90% Exceptionally, I will take the leak into accounts because of how no one proved it that it was false. But add the pseudo palutena troll and the fact that she's a character from a franchise that Sakurai made the latest game and you get an almost confirmed character.

Want: 60% I don't care if she's there good but if not it won't be a disappointment for me.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I've officially lurked here for two years... I guess this day was just too interesting for me to not participate! Congrats on finally converting me!

Palutena Chance - 90%
+ Worldwide Popularity
+ From a series that has had a new, very popular, and reasonably successful installment since Brawl
+ Pseudo-tena trophy (makes me think of "Big Mac")
+ Has stage representation

Yep, I think she's looking pretty good! (I'm not going to even mention the possibility of the leak). I honestly can't justify giving ANY possible newcomer a higher rating than that.

Palutena Want - 100%
Easily my most wanted newcomer! Great character with great personality from a great game. If you haven't played Uprising... you should. Really.

Ridley Chance - 25%
I think it's possible that Sakurai is just trolling the fans... but then again, I wouldn't consider it a guarantee. I don't think people would still be as positive about it if it was any other character.

Ridley Want - 30 %
Have no personal connection to Ridley or even Metroid in general, nor do I like his design or personality. Even so, he certainly is a Nintendo All-Star and I would be happy that his fans will get what they've been waiting for for so long.
Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay here.
.n_n.

TheMysterious2634

Smash Cadet
Ridley:
Chance: 10%
Now, let's be honest here. I see so many outliers in here. It's impossible to do ratings w/o a little bias, but some people have ratings above 60, which I find ridiculous. I understand the difficulty in letting in go. I've pretty much given up on TZ. Don't fuel yourself with false hope. For now, I'm calling Ridley a stage hazard to keep myself from confusion. I find it unlikely that Sakurai would be at E3 and be like, "Remember that Ridley shadow? Well, it was fake! HAHAHAHAHAHA." My evidence to this is he joked ZSS wasn't in but killed the joke immediately. I did give him 10% for a reason. He has some, but little chance. If I acted the same way, I could say Tiki still has a chance because in Brawl there were Final Smash trophies.
Alfonzo argument is terrible too. They had no need to do it anyways. They are different Links as a whole. You wouldn't call TP Link the same as SS Link, would you? Sure, I guess there's that whole Ridley clone that I don't understand, but it doesn't seem the same.
Want: 0%
I've checked myself many times, and I just don't want Ridley in. He has no sentimental value to me at all, so his reveal would feel like nothing to me. I've stayed firm as an "I don't want Ridley, but I'm not a TooBigot" person for a long time now, and I'm not stopping now.

Palutena:
Chance: 99.99%
As much as I wanna say 100%, there's always that "It's possible that it's not" feeling. Pseudo-Palutena almost confirms her. Sakurai knows we want her very bad. So much points to yes, I'm not listing it.
Are you kidding me? It's the Goddess of Light people! Talk about Lux'ing it up gurl. For those who got that reference, <3. For those who didn't, <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom