• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Ptooey (as a separate character):
Chances: 25%
Sakurai teased him, which is a far better than any other characters have gotten. He also teased Palutena. Sakurai claims to be against clones, but we already have Toon Link and I'm expecting Falco.

Or he could just not be a clone. As crazy as that seems. There are great deal of weapons in Uprising to give him a unique moveset.
Want: 100%
I have no problems with clones, but I'd prefer him as not a clone. But Dark Pit is awesome. I love how he isnt a pure evil Pit but rather a manifestation of Pit's worst traits.

Medusa:
Chances: 1%
The original big bad of the KI series, that's about all she has going for her.
Want: 90%
I feared Medusa growing up the same way I feared Ganon. I would like to defeat her in Smash.

Pyrrhon:
Chances: Infinity time zero
Too many characters before him in the series.
Want: 0%
Want goes to other KI characters.

Calling to the Night: 5.44%
the Fountain of Dreams: 55.56%

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Dark Pit Chance: 30%
Has his chances increase by good amount? I personally think Dark Pit's probability of being playable have reached an unbelievable (to me, at least) 15% increase from the last time I rated. He has two things that are going for him that even he has a better chance than Medusa and Hades (whom I love too):

1. This Twitter picture of Sakurai's posable figures: +5%

While Sakurai has told us not to look deep into the picture (And yes he said it was not related to the game he's developing, even though this obviously depicts a Smash Bros scenario), it kind of brings us to questions as to why Dark Pit is even over there, it may be the fact the figures were new at the time, or for us to raise an eyebrow... ?

2. The ending of Palutena's trailer and the lack of a Dark Pit pallete swap: +5%

The ending of Palutena's trailer gives off a sequel hook vibe.. in short, it means that suggests that there is a possibility of another story. While not exactly matched in meaning, it does show us that Sakurai wants us to question Dark Pit's role in the next Smash Bros. 4 game:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SequelHook

To me, this suggest that Dark Pit has somewhat of a bigger role than just an alternate costume, now that even clones of the same character get their own separate role, Pit's black pallete swap seems to have disappeared from the demos of Smash 4 too, which helps Dark Pit's case of being more than an alt. costume now:

3. Sakurai's Bias: +5%
Probably one of the most notable things when it comes to franchise representation is that so far is that Kid Icarus has a big load of Uprising content.

1. Palutena's having her own set of unique customizable special moves:

2. The amount of KI items usable in the game (About 5 in total so far):

3. The stages in the 3DS and Wii U version:

There's loads of KI content I could show you more examples such as the amount of KI enemies in Smash Run and the music played in the stages that Sakurai has added. He has done it before with the Kirby series back in Brawl and I think he will do it again, except this time he's probably adding it as a last-minute clone, whom Dark Pit perfectly fits the role of.

When it comes to his potential moveset, he could use his Dark Pit Staff or his Silver Bow (Or his Darkness Bow if you want to fit the dark theme), he can use the other types of weapons not used by Pit such as the Claws, Club, Cannon, or even the Blade to easily differentiate him from Pit, he's not literally a pallete swap with no potential like most people say here. :rolleyes:

Overall, I think his chances seem to be getting better with these hints and benefits he has going for him.
I'm hoping he's a separate character, because I would totally love to play as a more offense-based Pit soon as soon as I get Smash Bros. 4.

Medusa Chance: 14% Unless she gets hinted in some form, I'm going to give her a 15% score mainly because her being a last-minute semi-clone. Just a dip of a percent down mainly because Sakurai seems to be secretly pushing for Hades more as the main villain than Medusa.

Pyrrhon Chance: 3% Not even that integral to KI:U's plot at all, highly doubt we will get him before Dark Pit, Hades, or even Medusa.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Dark Pit

Chance: .5%
He will be just like Doc Louis or Tom Nook. He will have a very minor role. Theoretically he could use some of the weapons from Uprising, but he brings nothing aesthetically. If Sakurai was going to add another Kid Icarus character, I doubt it would be him.

Want: 40%
Liked his character in Uprising, but Kid Icarus has enough representation.

Medusa

Chance: 5%
Original Kid Icarus villain, but after Chapter 9 had virtually no role.

Want: 30%
Unlike Dark Pit, her character in Uprising was kind of boring. Plus, Kid Icarus has enough representation.

Pyyron
Chance: 0.1%
Minor character and I doubt would be added over Medusa or Hades.

Want: 85%
He's Pyyron! Pyyron is one of my favorite characters in Uprising, and it would be cool seeing him be playable! Only reason for the 15% missing is because of Hades, who is my favorite Kid Icarus character and the fact I think it would be better seeing him as an assist trophy, blasting fire and shouting things.

D

Deleted member

Everyone Except Pyrrhon
Want - 0%: Fine with just Pit and Palutena for now, and I'd rather have Hades or Viridi as a 3rd Kid Icarus character.
Chance - 2% (Medusa) 0% (Pittoo): Dark Pit is obviously a recolor of Pit possibly with different voice clips. Medusa has a very small chance, but not much of a chance.

Pyrrhon
Want - 100%: MAHVEL. And to quote @ Bradli Wartooth Bradli Wartooth "I mean who wouldn't want to play as the Level Infinity Epic Super God Plus?"
Chance - 0%: It's never gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All three chance - 0%

Yeah, this may be a little harsh, particularly for Medusa, but Dark Pit's disconfirmed in my book (Would've made more sense for him to get his own trailer rather than show up very clearly at the end of Palutena's. I think he was just put in at the end for some additional fun), and while Medusa and Pyrrhon have yet to be disconfirmed, I just really can't see Kid Icarus getting another character that isn't named Hades at this point, and even Hades is still a long shot, honestly.

Dark Pit Want - 0%
Can't really see him being THAT different from Pit....not enough to interest me, at least.

Medusa Want - 20%
Could be cool, but eh, I'd like Hades more.

Abstaining from want on Pyrrhon.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Human Torch and Pittoo- zeroes across

Medusa- 1%
Want- 10%

*edit: Nvm.
Ooccoo and Ooccoo Jr. x4
Purchusable DLC Newcomers x1

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dark Pit's Chance - 10%
Want - 0%

I think he'll just be a more advanced color swap. Basically, he'll be like Male Wii Fit Trainer with his own voice, wings, etc., and his own recolors, but NOT AS A SEPARATE CHARACTER.

Medusa's Chance - 40%
Want - 50%

If we MUST get a third Kid Icarus character, Medusa is the only option. She's the original villain of Kid Icarus, she should get priority over Hades. Plus she's cooler than Hades and would be a FEMALE VILLAIN. That said I barely know anything about Kid Icarus, so she's about 50/50 to me. I'm starting to think we might very well have a third KI character, as much as I really think that DK should get four before KI gets three, but whatever, creator bias and all.

Pyrrhon's Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

We're seriously voting on Pyrrhon? There's so many far more important characters. If we get a third KI character its Medusa or Hades, hands down.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually I never played Kid Icarus. I'm not a Pitto fan, but he's cooler than Pit to me just because he's kind of evil and I like villains. And 100% in chance because he's playable, probably as an alt, but he's playable.
So, please, never judge a person before knowing. ¬¬'
As a note, we're rating characters whether they will be separately playable, not accounting for alt costumes unless explicitly stated.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
*coughE3'13trailercoughreplacedYoshicough*
Yeah, and Yoshi isn't getting a 2nd rep either.
It's pretty popular but yea I don't see KI getting a 3rd rep too although it's Sakurai's game and we might get a Brawl Kirby franchise treatment
Kirby has sold over 30 million games. Kid Icarus has sold only around 3-4 million. That's what I mean by it's not that big.

Kirby not getting a 2nd rep in Melee was all about "Sakurai's modesty". Kirby getting three reps in Brawl was just him not doing that anymore. Kirby easily deserves three reps. That's not Sakurai being biased in favor of Kirby.

Giving Kid Icarus a 3rd rep would be obvious bias. But please, don't talk about Kirby in Brawl and act like Sakurai did anything ridiculous with it.
I'm hoping he's a separate character, because I would totally love to play as a more offense-based Pit soon as soon as I get Smash Bros. 4.
Well, I don't think even if he was playable, you'd be able to play as him as soon as you got Smash...

But if he's not, you might have some options with Pit's customizable moves to make him more offense-based. And definitely if you combine those with +ATK equipment for your non-tournament matches...

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Dark Pit/Pittoo

chance 50%
want 20%

Due to Amiibo, Palutena's Dark Pit teaser, and Toon Link/Rosalina existing I believe there is a possibility of Pittoo happening. BluePikmin said everything I wanted to say. Besides there are many weapons they could give to him so he'd be a luigi-fied clone. Dark Pit can also fly so he might get that old flying ability of Pit. I think he'll be a post-game character though, not included in the initial game but offered as a side product via amiibo. I don't like Dark Pit much, he's not the character I would prefer as the 3rd Kid Icarus character but this is how I feel about his chance.

Medusa
chance 20%
want 100%

Medusa is important to the series and her rivalry with Palutena is a big theme throughout the series. She's definitely unique and could carry her own if they wanted to. However at this stage I believe a cloney or dlc character at best for the third Kid Icarus character. Medusa being similar to Palutena based on the staff and contrasting with dark powers she could be a decent choice for dlc or 3rd fast newcomer. Although I really don't expect her to be the one as much as i'd like her to be.

Pyr-who?
chance 1%
want 0%

The other characters are in some position or have an affiliation with the lead characters. Pyrrhon is more like Phosphora although she managed to score an assist probably because she's connected to Viridi one of the lead characters. Pyrrhon is just one of the many minor villains. He might score an assist, a trophy for sure, but has too much competition for playable spot.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
ridiculous with it.
Well, I don't think even if he was playable, you'd be able to play as him as soon as you got Smash...

But if he's not, you might have some options with Pit's customizable moves to make him more offense-based. And definitely if you combine those with +ATK equipment for your non-tournament matches...
I suppose that's pretty fair. But I don't really see an offensive based Neutral-Special happening, the only real offensive based custom move I could see is his side-spec.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suppose that's pretty fair. But I don't really see an offensive based Neutral-Special happening, the only real offensive based custom move I could see is his side-spec.
This is Sakurai. Don't count on anything until you see it.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
*Channels his CEO*

HAHAHAHAHA! A little birdy told me that some evil fool with a pompadour stopped you from nominating? Never fear, Pyrrhon is here! I have a delivery, and the return address is justice! KABLOOOEY, KABLAAAAAAAMY! There you go, citizens. You can nominate again!

Today we're going to be discussing my godly brethren. Let me drop a little knowledge on you--we'll be talking about Dark Pit, Medusa, and the Level Infinity Epic Super God Plus--PYRRHON! Please rate me and those other two scrubs in chance and want.

Tomorrow we'll be going back to regularly scheduled programming. Please predict how the song Calling to the Night (from the Metal Gear franchise) and the Fountain of Dreams stage will do. Don't worry, citizens--I'll keep that evil God of the Underworld at bay for today. He can't defeat my epic levels of PURE AWESOME!
PYRRHON.

First off, what have you done with my good friend @Hades the Magnificent man? Don't tell me you locked him in that one room that locks from the outside to keep him at bay and threw out the key! Ugh, it's annoying that when that happens, every time I have to come and call up Dyntos to make a new key.
You obviously haven't brought some of Viridi & Blaine's Burn Heal after that last time Hades managed to screw with you.

Looks like I'm not the only fan of Divinipedia! Now begone from my thread before I have to break out some Pyro-Cannon action! Remember--villains are no match for Pyrrhon!
Second off, your Pyro Cannons, Pyrrhon's Amazing Hair Grease and Pyrrhon Sunblock products are now charged at premium by Viridi's Almighty Product Company for that comment. WE'LL BUY YOU OUT SOON.

And what about that, ahem, predicament with the Aurum, hm? Like the Christmas Party pictures, we haven't forgotten that little nightmare you had trying to cover it up.

Okay, I've got an important meeting with Phosphora. Something about a customer complaining about how the Magnus Club isn't authentic enough... and something about how my soldier here needs to be rating something.
*Stops channeling his CEO*

Medusa, Dark Pit and... Pyrrhon?
Chance and Want: 00.00%- The god of flame and the goddess of the underworld are no match for the Goddess of Light Fanservice. We're likely getting one, and one only.
-Medusa might be a Palutena pallette.
-Pyrrhon's likely sticking with the trophy collection.
-Dark Pit's likely a glorified pallette for Pit like Brawl.
In addition, none of these are comparable to the glorious Viridi, representing the 00.00% want. Well, maybe Dark Pit, because he's cool, but he's much better off as a pallette.

Predictions:
Calling to the Night: You mean MGS in general?- 1%
Fountain of Dreams: Bowser Challenge!- 33%

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Medusa: 35%. OK chance, but not likely.
Want: 100%. Far superior goddess.
Dark Pit: 5%. It's Tom Nook ALL over again... :rolleyes:
Want: 10%. Good character in general, but not for Smash.
Pyrrhon: 0%. Medusa's coming first, Hades' coming first, blah blah blah.
Want: 10%. Like Dar-
"Pyrrhon senses danger. Pyyrhon's want and chance is too low."
"At least he gave me a 5%. You don't even deserve that."
"Want me to change that, Pitoo?"
"Don't call me that!"
"Pyrrhon deserves an over 9000 score from everyone."
"Your ego is too big, Pyrrhon."
"Like Ridley?"
"Insert facepalm meme here."

Burigu

Smash Ace
Sakurai has said to want every NEWCOMER to have its own trailer, so why show Dark Pit at the end of the trailer? even if intented to by playable he should have got his own caption/ message. His is not similar to Mr. Game and Watch case since the latter is a veteran and don't really impact people the same way a newcomer could have. Yes veterans have inconsistences with that but so far NEWCOMERS don't.

What's different for Dark Pit that Tom Nook, Isabelle or Doc Louis don't have? and saying Sakurai bias is only making assumptions. All of them share appearing in a trailer or artwork.

Sakurai has never shown a newcomer or "teasing" one the way Dark Pit is shown, so why take this as evidence?
If people say Dark Pit is a teaser, comparing him to Palutena, then people were sure Tom Nook was going to be playable.

As a business perspective being hinted as playable also doesn't makes sense, why burn your cards before hand when you can show them little by little, aside for leaks showing a character intented to by playable but not revealing him would kill said NEWCOMER momentum because it was previouly shown. Not a total HYPE KILLER but just remember the low scores Palutena got in her satisfaction because she was expected

Until now every NEWCOMER have had his or her caption introduction, not shown in Dark Pit's case the perfect oportunity to do that, showing or hinting him as PLAYABLE by FULLY SHOWING HIM don't makes anysense. (It is different showing a statue, a zombie look alike, or a shadow because you actually don't show the character) Even Miis with their joke real person introduction got their caption, so Dark Pit has more in common with Tom Nook, Isabelle and Doc Louis than with the teasing Palutena or maybe Ridley got.

Not every pallete was shown in the demo, it's very safe to say Dark Pit pallete will have his voice and Sakurai doesn't want to spoil the surprise. Frame Mac or other colors weren't shown so I am not sure why this is threated as a great evidence in his favor.

I am not trying to disprove your perspective in anyway it is just that the evidece that support his inclusion seems to be made on hopes for a supporter perspective and not based on what is actually shown.

If Dark Pit ends in the game, I am ok with that the more the better I love KIU but so far Dark Pit has more in common with Assit trophy Isabelle, Final Smash Tom Nook and Victory pose Little Mac

Just sharing my thoughts

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sakurai has said to want every NEWCOMER to have its own trailer, so why show Dark Pit at the end of the trailer? even if intented to by playable he should have got his own caption/ message. His is not similar to Mr. Game and Watch case since the latter is a veteran and don't really impact people the same way a newcomer could have. Yes veterans have inconsistences with that but so far NEWCOMERS don't.

What's different for Dark Pit that Tom Nook, Isabelle or Doc Louis don't have? and saying Sakurai bias is only making assumptions. All of them share appearing in a trailer or artwork.

Sakurai has never shown a newcomer or "teasing" one the way Dark Pit is shown, so why take this as evidence?
If people say Dark Pit is a teaser, comparing him to Palutena, then people were sure Tom Nook was going to be playable.

As a business perspective being hinted as playable also doesn't makes sense, why burn your cards before hand when you can show them little by little, aside for leaks showing a character intented to by playable but not revealing him would kill said NEWCOMER momentum because it was previouly shown. Not a total HYPE KILLER but just remember the low scores Palutena got in her satisfaction because she was expected

Until now every NEWCOMER have had his or her caption introduction, not shown in Dark Pit's case the perfect oportunity to do that, showing or hinting him as PLAYABLE by FULLY SHOWING HIM don't makes anysense. (It is different showing a statue, a zombi look alike, or a shadow because you actually don't show the character) Even Miis with their joke real person introduction got their caption, so Dark Pit has more in common with Tom Nook, Isabelle and Doc Louis than with the teasing Palutena or maybe Ridley got.

Not every pallete was shown in the demo, it's very safe to say Dark Pit pallete will have his voice and Sakurai doesn't want to spoil the surprise. Frame Mac or other colors weren't shown so I am not sure why this is threated as a great evidence in his favor.

I am not trying to disprove your perspective in anyway it is just that the evidece that support his inclusion seems to be made on hopes for a supporter perspective and not based on what is actually shown.

If Dark Pit ends in the game, I am ok with that the more the better I love KIU but so far Dark Pit has more in common with Assit trophy Isabelle, Final Smash Tom Nook and Victory pose Little Mac

Just sharing my thoughts
Again, Tom Nook's situation (Nor Doc Louis' situation even though he was deconfirmed) is not the same as Dark Pit's as Nook's is not of the same vein of a sequel hook (which means again to hint directly to a character). it wasn't really a hint it was just Tom Nook looking into the letter.
And again I bring up:gw: when it comes to being fully shown is deconfirmed by your logic. It doesn't work at all, being a veteran doesn't excuse the fact he was not confirmed playable yet.

And once again Dark Pit not being an pallete swap means Sakurai is going to treat him as a seperate entity with a much bigger role, like how Sakurai made Dark Samus an AT.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
-Dark Pit-

Despite his appearance at the end of the KI trailer, Dark Pit will likely be a glorified palate swap.. with perhaps some alt. voice acting, as Antony del Rio voiced both Pit and his darker counterpart.

Only giving 10% cause' Sakurai.

Chances:
10%

Want: 5%

While he is a unique and interesting character, I'm not for clones... especially when Medusa could be up for SSB5.

-Medusa-

Appearing as the classic villain of the KI series (but dethroned latter in KI:U), Medusa would make for an interesting character... if we didn't already have Palutena. Both are similar in a few ways, and with the roster already becoming close to filled, I highly doubt any more KI newcomers.

Chances: 5%

Want: 3%

Sorry, but I'd rather Hades, or even...

-PYRRHON-

As a minor character in Kid Icarus Uprising, Pyrrhon is a fun character... just not ready for Smash before Viridi, Hades, and Medusa.

Sorry Pyrrhon...

Chances: 1%

Want: Mere numbers cannot describe... (100%)

I would be fully behind Pyrrhon's inclusion, but just as a personal want. Appearing in one of my favorite story arcs in Uprising, and just being an overall boss... He'd be welcomed by the Arms-O'-Gears.

Well, that's all for today. Shame Viridi didn't make it this far..

But she was just too big.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And once again Dark Pit not being an pallete swap means Sakurai is going to treat him as a seperate entity with a much bigger role, like how Sakurai made Dark Samus an AT.
You keep saying this, and it's bothering me. Dark Pit not being an palette swap has not been confirmed. It's true that we didn't see the costume in the demo, but we didn't see a number of alternate costumes at that event. Wire Frame Mac, for example, was nowhere to be seen, despite the attention it received during the Direct. The costumes seen in the demo are not the only costumes available, so saying Dark Pit isn't a palette swap for Pit at this point is a hasty assumption.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You keep saying this, and it's bothering me. Dark Pit not being an palette swap has not been confirmed. It's true that we didn't see the costume in the demo, but we didn't see a number of alternate costumes at that event. Wire Frame Mac, for example, was nowhere to be seen, despite the attention it received during the Direct. The costumes seen in the demo are not the only costumes available, so saying Dark Pit isn't a palette swap for Pit at this point is a hasty assumption.
Two weeks after the demo Sakurai showed off a brand new recolor for Link. Yeah, we know for 100% fact that the costumes in the demo aren't final.

If anything, I think Dark Pit will be more like Male Wii Fit Trainer and Female Villager; Dark Pit will have his own voice and everything, but he'll still be an alt of Pit.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
To be fair, it was only just only 2.5% of the reason why I slightly confident of Dark Pit getting in. You bring a good point for Wireframe Mac, though I think he'll be an unlockable alt. in addition to Skyward Sword link, Dark Pit being an alt. costume would be in the same vein as Lucas or Ninten being an alt., and again Sakurai made him a seperate entity, and Sakurai doesn't really like making even the ones who would "obviously" be a clone (Dr. Mario most notably).

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated. Be sure to check to see if you won any!

A special mention goes out to a smart guy for getting Isaac on the dot. Nice job!

Medusa's chances: 0.5% - Was very tempted to give out six zeroes today because I can't see Kid Icarus getting three, but Medusa's fairly popular and important, so I'll give her (and Hades) a tiny shot.
Want: 0% - Palutena is an excellent addition, but three Kid Icarus characters would be overkill. Zeroes in want go to every Kid Icarus character from this point on.

Dark Pit: Double Zeroes - Glorified palette swap.

Pyrrhon: Double Zeroes - lol

Calling to the Night prediction: 7.16%
Fountain of Dreams prediction: 52.18%

Lor Starcutter x10

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
To be fair, it was only just only 2.5% of the reason why I slightly confident of Dark Pit getting in. You bring a good point for Wireframe Mac, though I think he'll be an unlockable alt. in addition to Skyward Sword link, Dark Pit being an alt. costume would be in the same vein as Lucas or Ninten being an alt., and again Sakurai made him a seperate entity, and Sakurai doesn't really like making even the ones who would "obviously" be a clone (Dr. Mario most notably).
Dark Link is a separate entity from Link. Didn't stop him from being a palette swap.

Also, considering Dark Pit originated as a palette swap for Pit, it seems fitting to have him return in that role, though perhaps he could get special voice acting or something like that.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Dark Pit Chance: 40%
Has his chances increase by good amount? I personally think Dark Pit's probability of being playable have reached an unbelievable (to me, at least) 25% increase from the last time I rated. He has two things that are going for him that even he has a better chance than Medusa and Hades (whom I love too):

1. This Twitter picture of Sakurai's posable figures: +5%

While Sakurai has told us not to look deep into the picture (And yes he said it was not related to the game he's developing, even though this obviously depicts a Smash Bros scenario), it kind of brings us to questions as to why Dark Pit is even over there, it may be the fact the figures were new at the time, or for us to raise an eyebrow... ?

2. The ending of Palutena's trailer and the lack of a Dark Pit pallete swap: +10%

The ending of Palutena's trailer gives off a sequel hook vibe.. in short, it means that suggests that there is a possibility of another story. While not exactly matched in meaning, it does show us that Sakurai wants us to question Dark Pit's role in the next Smash Bros. 4 game:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SequelHook

To me, this suggest that Dark Pit has somewhat of a bigger role than just an alternate costume, now that even clones of the same character get their own separate role, Pit's black pallete swap seems to have disappeared from the demos of Smash 4 too, which helps Dark Pit's case of being more than an alt. costume now:

3. Sakurai's Bias: +10%
Probably one of the most notable things when it comes to franchise representation is that so far is that Kid Icarus has a big load of Uprising content.

1. Palutena's having her own set of unique customizable special moves:

2. The amount of KI items usable in the game (About 5 in total so far):

3. The stages in the 3DS and Wii U version:

There's loads of KI content I could show you more examples such as the amount of KI enemies in Smash Run and the music played in the stages that Sakurai has added. He has done it before with the Kirby series back in Brawl and I think he will do it again, except this time he's probably adding it as a last-minute clone, whom Dark Pit perfectly fits the role of.

When it comes to his potential moveset, he could use his Dark Pit Staff or his Silver Bow (Or his Darkness Bow if you want to fit the dark theme), he can use the other types of weapons not used by Pit such as the Claws, Club, Cannon, or even the Blade to easily differentiate him from Pit, he's not literally a pallete swap with no potential like most people say here. :rolleyes:

Overall, I think his chances seem to be getting better with these hints and benefits he has going for him.

Medusa Chance: 14% Unless she gets hinted in some form, I'm going to give her a 15% score mainly because her being a last-minute semi-clone. Just a dip of a percent down mainly because Sakurai seems to be secretly pushing for Hades more as the main villain than Medusa.

Pyrrhon Chance: 3% Not even that integral to KI:U's plot at all, highly doubt we will get him before Dark Pit, Hades, or even Medusa.
1. That's a picture of Sakurai playing with toys. Pit and Dark Pit are there because they're currently the only figma figures available for Kid Icarus: Uprising, and being the developer he obviously has both. He even said it's not about Smash, but of course people have to overanalyze.

2. So according to your analysis, Yellow Devil was teased and Sakurai follows tvtropes. Think about this for a moment.

3. Sakurai bias WOULD make sense. IF Dark Pit hadn't been deconfirmed by Palutena's video.

In an interview with Puissance Nintendo:
Sakurai said:
As you have already been able to see with Wii Fit Trainer, who we unveiled earlier this week, I very much like the idea of presenting the new characters with videos, before the release of the game
That's my translation so here's the original from the site:
Sakurai said:
Comme vous avez déjà pu le voir avec l'Entraîneuse WiiFit, que nous avons dévoilée plus tôt cette semaine, j'aime vraiment l'idée de présenter de nouveaux personnages avec des cinématiques, avant la sortie du jeu.
The precedent was set: all newcomers would get videos a la Wii Fit Trainer. And guess what: it HAS been the case, with Rosalina, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Fighters, Palutena and Pac-Man all getting their own newcomer videos. Additionally, before then they weren't even mentioned. None of them were specifically teased, and even though it's said Palutena was teased, she wasn't anymore teased than Ridley nor was she even mentioned by name. The closest mentions we got to her were Goddess of Light, then Pseudo-Palutena (different character) and Palutena's Temple (name of a stage.)

No newcomer has been mentioned by name before their reveal in any officially released material. No newcomer has been seen in any other newcomer's video.

Sorry, but the denial just bothers me, it's like when that one guy kept asking for Ashley on miiverse after her Assist Trophy picture.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Again, Tom Nook's situation (Nor Doc Louis' situation even though he was deconfirmed) is not the same as Dark Pit's as Nook's is not of the same vein of a sequel hook (which means again to hint directly to a character). it wasn't really a hint it was just Tom Nook looking into the letter.
And again I bring up:gw: when it comes to being fully shown is deconfirmed by your logic. It doesn't work at all, being a veteran doesn't excuse the fact he was not confirmed playable yet.

Mmmm I wasn't refering to you specifically only sharing my thoughts in general about the hints few people see, I don't even remember you mentioning G&W in your post above but I could be wrong.

The thing is Mr. Game & Watch is a veteran, you can't threat characters of different status, to be in the same vein, so in my eyes you saying is that not being corfirmed is not excuse and therefore is in the same situation as Dark Pit is only you trying to bring or mantain evidence, with an arbitrary parameter.

It's logic, that veterans to be treated differently than newcomers, the latter have their OWN trailers, it's Nintendo's attemp to attract more people to the new game, while G&W is a veteran and will never have the same impact as a brand NEW CHARACTER.

Now that you have responded to my previous post I have to ask you When a potencial NEWCOMER was threated as Dark Pit?
not Rosalina, no Little Mac, no Greninja and no any other newcomer showed at both E3.
Dark Pit was shown is all his glory in the trailer, that is far less sutil than a shadow or a zombie look a like.

If every new character is going to have his/her new trailer why show Dark Pit at the end? that's not really necesary, Sakurai is smart he knows how to hint, if he wanted Dark Pit to be hinted he could have been way more sutil, (dark feathers falling near Palutena) or something on those lines.
Even if they wanted to continue the "story" in Palutena's trailer to a following one with Dark Pit, him showing up at the end feels innecesary, as I said if Sakurai was trying to actually hint Dark Pit, his shadow, some feathers or his voice could have done the trick only fully showing in his own trailer.

Other point is that every newcomer trailer has had its own thematic, style or scenario, so a follow up reveal trailer with Dark Pit is really unlikely, because thematically speaking would be the same as Palutena's, and if they change the style to differenciate Dark Pit's trailer to be more unique, then again there was no need to show him in Palutena's.

Finally your mayor or best argument to differenciate Tom Nook and Dark Pit is the "here to crash my party" quote, which is not actually a tease, that is a homenage to The Return of Palutena and Medusa's revenge, where Medusa says a similar quote "here to crash my home coming party". You use that quote as a hint in favor for Dark PIt and say that Tom Nook merely see a letter falling to the ground, but if Tom Nook weren't deconfirmed already supporters will say something like "Tom Nook obviously read the letter and wanted to participate in Smash too" Tom Nook HINTED. But in the end that wasn't true.

So if we see the patterns of NPC showing in others trailers we can make safe guesses
  • Tom Nook showed in a trailer deconfirmed as part of a Final Smash
  • Isabelle showed in an artwork deconfirmed as an assist trophy
  • Doc Louis showed in a trailer deconfirmed as a victory pose
  • Dark Pit showed in a trailer confirmed as a NEWCOMERr????
  • to be honest pretending that Dark Pit is actually hinted but the others were simply shown for the sake of making the trailers don't make much sense.

You can stick to think that it's valid to compare a Newcomer situation with a veteran situation if you want, but if you compare Dark Pit to the others, his odds are not good, and only basing your point on the quote said by Palutena to the trailer while discarting the "evidence" shown in the other trailers, it is you only really hopping for the best.

Based on actual evidence we have Dark Pit could end up being: and assist trophy, a stage element or a pallete swap or something else, but his chances to be playable are almost 0 and I repeat based on the destiny of the previously mentioned characters. If somehow Dark Pit changes that is a different story, I prefer to base my opinion on the information at hand and not the hypotetical situation that against anything shown by Sakurai until now, he decided to actually show a newcomer in another character trailer without confirming him.

Every newcomer has had his/her spotlight trailer not being shown previously, why start the trend with Dark Pit?

In the end if Pittoo magically is a character (no DLC) I will accept him with open arms, but for now he appearing in Palutena's trailer is actually a bad sign for him.

Edit: never released this post will be so big thank you if you took your time to read it

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Finally your mayor or best argument to differenciate Tom Nook and Dark Pit is the "here to crash my party" quote, which is not actually a tease, that is a homenage to The Return of Palutena and Medusa's revenge, where Medusa says a similar quote "here to crash my home coming party". You use that quote as a hint in favor for Dark PIt and say that Tom Nook merely see a letter falling to the ground, but if Tom Nook weren't deconfirmed already supporters will say something like "Tom Nook obviously read the letter and wanted to participate in Smash too" Tom Nook HINTED. But in the end that wasn't true.

So if we see the patterns of NPC showing in others trailers we can make safe guesses
  • Tom Nook showed in a trailer deconfirmed as part of a Final Smash
  • Isabelle showed in an artwork deconfirmed as an assist trophy
  • Doc Louis showed in a trailer deconfirmed as a victory pose
  • Dark Pit showed in a trailer confirmed as a NEWCOMERr????
  • to be honest pretending that Dark Pit is actually hinted but the others were simply shown for the sake of making the trailers don't make much sense.
Just to add on to the bit about Tom Nook, the scenario you described is exactly what Tom Nook supporters believed before his de-confirmation in the Direct; they thought that Tom Nook looking at the letter was a hint that he would follow the Villager into the fight as well. Some supporters became even further convinced that he was in when Isabelle was shown to be an Assist, as that was one possible role for him taken up by someone else. Obviously, none of that meant anything in the end, and Tom Nook was de-confirmed later. I think something similar will happen with Dark Pit.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Extra Nominations

May 25 Winners

Seven Pokémon: Cheezey Bites
Dr. Eggman: UnicornDemon
Spectator Mode: NickerBocker
Competitively OP Character: Smasher 101
Plusle and Minun: Hippopotasauce
Ridley: a Link to the Forums / Kalimdori
Sceptile: BigAxle / andimidna
Gematsu Leak: BigAxle
Shulk: Cheezey Bites
Chrom: DaUsername
Chorus Kids: Sid-cada
King K. Rool: colder_than_ice / The Light Music Club
Dixie Kong: andimidna
Mewtwo: Kalimdori / Erimir / Pacack
Jigglypuff: andimidna / Pacack
Isaac: a smart guy (ON THE DOT, 10 Extra Noms)
Takamaru: andimidna
Snake: Pacack
Lucas: Toxicroaker
Robin: andimidna
Lucina: Mega Bidoof
Bandana Dee: jaytalks
Captain Toad: colder_than_ice
Impa: Sid-cada
Ghirahim: a smart guy

Total Nominations Won:

andimidna: 25
Pacack: 15
a smart guy: 15
Cheezey Bites: 10
Kalimdori: 10
BigAxle: 10
Sid-cada: 10
colder_than_ice: 10
UnicornDemon: 5
NickerBocker: 5
Smasher 101: 5
Hippopotasauce: 5
a Link to the Forums: 5
DaUsername: 5
The Light Music Club: 5
Erimir: 5
Toxicroaker: 5
Mega Bidoof: 5
jaytalks: 5

Past Results:

Bandana Dee: andimidna
Andy: Hippopotasauce
Kamek: Cheezey Bites
Palutena: Bauske / Erimir / Glaciacott / The Light Music Club
Ridley: lonekonwolf
King K. Rool: colder_than_ice / TheZombiePig / Erimir / cephalopod17
Dixie Kong: Sid-cada
Cranky Kong: Toxicroaker
Shulk: andimidna / Erimir / LumaOkami / BigAxle / cephalopod17 / Dausername
Mewtwo: colder_than_ice
Pac-man: Hippopotasauce
Mii: cephalopod17
Takamaru: Cheezey Bites
Lip: BKupa666
Chrom: Brawler610
Robin: andimidna / Oblivion129
Isaac: Glaciacott
Ray: Smasher 101
Tingle: Spiderjerusalem
Ghirahim: KenithTheGatherer
Tetra: Chandelure
Toon Zelda: Pega-pony Princess
Impa: Scatmansworld25
Black Shadow: Yoshiandtoad
Chrous Kids: Toxicroaker
Lucina: Smasher 101
Roy: KenithTheGatherer / Yoshiandtoad
Chrom & Lucina: Toxicroaker
Squirtle: Brawler610
Ivysaur: Brawler610
Bowser Jr.: Smasher 101
Jigglypuff: Smasher 101
Ike: Karafuru
Snake: lonekonwolf
Lucas: Leafeon523
Wolf: KenithTheGatherer
N: Glaciacott
Only Popular Newcomers: lonekonwolf
Chrom Assist Trophy: UnicornDemon
50+ Characters: Glaciacott
Sceptile: Brawler610
Mach Rider: NickerBocker
Marshal: Glaicacott
Chibi-Robo: Brawler610
Kid Icarus Smash Taunts: UnicornDemon
Wario Land Wario: KingofPhantoms47
Vaati: Sid-cada
Prince Fluff: Mega Bidoof / The Light Music Club
Sheriff: Brawler610
Mario Kart 8 Stage: Cheezey Bites
Professor Layton: andimidna
Ryu Hayabusa: Rockaphin
Mewtwo: Toxicroaker
Halcandra: KingShadow
Gematsu Leak: a smart guy
Savvy Stylist: NickerBocker
Demoted Veteran: UnicornDemon
Micaiah: Headcrab Jackalope
Slime: Toxicroaker
Anna: andimidna
Crono: Cheezey Bites
Zip: lonekonwolf
Lanky Kong: andimidna
Fawful: Smasher 101
Jill Dozer: KingofPhantoms47
Captain Toad: Smasher 101
Spyro: colder_than_ice
Mr. Resetti: NickerBocker
NFC Trophies: Cheezey Bites
Barbara: The Light Music Club
Dr. Lobe: Smasher 101
Ayumi Tachibana: andimidna
Mallo: Leafeon523
X Protagonist: colder_than_ice
Ridley and K. Rool: Smasher 101
Bowser Land: Brawler610
Isaac: DaUsername
Non-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man: Sid-cada
Peppy Hare: KingBro1 / colder_than_ice
Medusa: Leafeon523

Unused nominations (does not include today's winners):

Bauske: 5
TheZombiePig: 5
cephalopod17: 15
LumaOkami: 5
BKupa666: 5
Oblivion129: 5
Spiderjerusalem: 5
Pega-pony Princess: 5
Scatmansworld25: 5
Leafeon523: 5
NickerBocker: 5
Rockaphin: 5

(Note that this is part is kind of outdated, I'll get around to updating it eventually)
Woo! With all these extra noms I feel powerful >:D

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was going to give 0s to everyone but that would be unfair. Just a quick clarification: I have not played a Kid Icarus game before.

Dark Pit:
Chance: 10% The teasing is so ambiguous. It's the same situation as Ridley.
Want: 0% No thank you. I know there's room for originality, but I liked him as a palette swap.

Medusa:
Chance: 5% I thought Hades was the villain...
Want: 0% No, I don't want a third KI rep

Some guy with flames on his head:
Chance: 0% He'll get burned, I guarantee it.
Want: 0% Burn!

Predictions:
Some song that I don't care about: 5.4%
Some stage that has a song that I actually care about: 30.51%

Nominations: I've got a lot...
No Newcomers but Gematsu x10
Basically, how likely is a new character that isn't Chorus Men, Chrom, or Shulk?

Also, lonekonwolf hasn't been active lately due to real life work and a broken leg. Can a mod update the chance chart for us? That way he has less "work" when he comes back.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dark Pit

Want: 0%. We have Pit.
Chance: 0%. We have Pit. This would be like making Link's Dark Link palette swap a playable character with the same abilities. This goes against literally everything Sakurai looks to in a playable character. He's not unique, he's not important to his own franchise particularly, he's really best off being what he is. A palette swap.

Medusa
Want: 100%. We could use a unique and fresh villain to spice up the roster.
Chance: 75%. Kid Icarus is getting a LOT of love in this game, and who better than the main franchise villain? Things at the very least point to the possibility of Kid Icarus getting Kirby'd, if nothing else.

Phyrron
Want: 0%. I... It'd be funny, but I'd rather not.
Chance: 0%. There's really no reason for this.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm actually thinking Dark Pit may end up as a boss. That would certainly be "crashing the party", no?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I actually think he might be a boss on Palutena's Temple.
Palutena's temple is a terrible place for a boss battle. the stage is so large, that Dark Pit would need OHKO properties in order to be a legitimate threat. And even then.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banjo-Pitooey Chance: 5%
Despite my low rating, I think he is extremely likely.
He is practically confirmed! Just like these guys!

Tom Nook!

Isabelle!

Yellow Devil!

Sandbag!

Jerome "Doc" Louis

And aaaaaaaaaall of these Pokémon!

P'tooey! Want: 5%
No. There are much more deserving characters. I don't want a color swap taking up a slot on my roster!

Medusa Chance: 10%
Likelier than Pittoo, but still no more KI Reps in this game.

Medusa Want: 15%
I'd prefer Hades, but another villain would be OK.

Best KI Character 10/10 Chance: 1%
Even less likely than Black Pit. This guy is too good for Smash.

The guy whose chance I just rated above Want: 5%
Eh. He'd be AWESOME!!!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dark Pit

Chances: 10%: I say he'll likely stay as a color swap. Maybe he can be given a different voice when using the Dark Pit color, sort of like Cyrax and Sektor in Mortal Kombat. He does have the chance to get new moves of his own, but I have some doubts.

Want: 5%: We've already have the original Pit, and Palutena is another Kid Icarus character we can play as, so he doesn't interest me as much.

Medusa

Chances: 10%: I don't really see another Kid Icarus character happening. Though Medusa is the last original character in Kid Icarus, so maybe she could be considered important enough.

Want: 25%: Again, I'm pretty sure most of us are fine with Pit and Palutena. But she's another villain, and who wouldn't like the chance to play as one of the bad guys? She could have some original moves too, like turning people into stone and using her hair.

Pyrron

Chances: 5%: Yeah, he's not exactly the most important in the one game he showed up in. But it's not impossible.

Want: 80%: Having him fight Captain Falcon would be hype incarnate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom