• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Sounds cool. Fitting for a skateboard-esque game soundtrack or something. The use of 8-bit kind of tunes makes it even cooler. :cool:

Anyway, I'll leave this here:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Haha greatness

Obvious score it deserves -3/10

On the "It's so bad it's legendary" scale 9.5/10

Here's an infamous kegen track from back in the day, it's such a banger :colorful:

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - I actually like it a surprising amount (seeing as it's EDM.)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
4/10.

Curious sounding track, but not my type of music, sorry. The 'electronicy' tone of it was nice, though.

Anyway, I'll leave this song here, fitting for the closeness of Halloween and this being part of the soundtrack of a horror movie.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6.5/10 - I really liked the first little bit and the guitar riff is great throughout, but I'm personally not a huge fan of a majority of metal vocalists.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
2/10 - Saying this is the greatest song of all time is like saying Taco Bell's beef is over 36% beef. It's simply not true.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
5/10. Okay song. Very cool instrumental. Not much else to say from me.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
7/10

Another rock song that I haven't heard in a long time. Still good after so long.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10. Alright song. Classic indeed. Not my kind of group as I don't listen to that much generally, but it is fun on ocassion.

Anyway, I'll leave this one here:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Playback blocked :\

I can't recall a time I ever was excited to hear this song, problem is it was overplayed to the point where I now can't stand it. And The Fray is usually a bit too emo and depressing for me.

6/10

Meanwhile........

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - I was actually about to post that because the recording studio reminded me of a karioke booth.

The entire album is continuous song so I'd recommend listening to the whole thing, but if you absolutely must insist on only one song, listen to er (14:58-end)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be honest, I've never been a grunge guy. I don't know why, but it's just never been a genre I've cared for. This is the same. It feels like a song I've heard done a bunch of times before. I'm sure there are many who appreciate this song more than me (I mean Fuel got big for a reason), but it's not something I see myself listening to daily.

So, 6.55/10

-----
Also as a side note (since I was late on this), I liked the Buckethead song Spak Spak posted. My only complaint is that it was bit too long for my tastes, but it's really more of a nitpick than anything. It's a great guitarist showing their work. I would've given it a 9.5/10 if I got to it first. Ah well, what can you do?...

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Good metal 7/10, I get pretty picky in that genre. I like Metallica, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath, and Iron Maiden But really only a select few songs from each.

So I wanted to post some Celine Dion. Most people (especially the newer generation) sees her as kind of a character with a trademark odd singing style. True to a point but she absolutely always kills it live, and when she's not singing corny pop songs her voice is very impressive. All the runs and improvs she does on this cover from 1:08 on are extraordinary.....and then she does some stuff in her whistle range. Also I love this song, from a great movie too.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
810 - Not too much of a fan of the song. 5/10 for the song, +3 for a killer performance.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Woah, I liked it. Started out sounding to much like those classic Christmas songs: 8/10.

Here is a pretty overlooked band IMO, the lead singer/guitarist (Brody) was married to RANCID's Tim Armstrong for a while. They are awesome live.....damn her voice is hot :teeth:

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - I've never found a girl metal vocalist that I've liked, but I'm still very willing to be proved wrong. I think she has a good voice when she isn't trying to scream and is singing normally, but when she starts screaming, it goes downhill. Also, I couldn't make sense of what she was saying half of the time and the other half I couldn't find any meaning in. The instruments were all pretty decent, though.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Always really like AAF
8.5/10

They actually sound very similar to early Incubus

A deep cut OutKast song, has one of my favorite random rhymes
"Too Democratic, Republic f*ck it
We chicken nugget, we dip in the sauce like mop and bucket"

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
3/10.

Not my type of music, but for what it was, it is something okay-ish.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Not available in the US, seems like a fake VEVO channel

It's an alright song 3/10

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
[7/10]

Song sounds really raw and powerful. It's not the type of music I'd listen to, but it is the type I could really appreciate, especially the chorus. If I could get more of that it'd be perfect.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
3/10.

Kind of alright song for what it was. Just not my kind of music.

Fitting for this time of the year, I say.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Is it supposed to be empty?
I think he was editing it and erased it in the process

For the song Giga, that was actually really good, top notch audio production and a good mix of scream and vocals
8/10

Now here's some face melting Castlevania, thank god for that series or proper gothic music would be dead

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm not gonna lie, I saw the title and the video and immediately thought it was going to be trash. But it's not bad at all, it's actually enjoyable.
8/10

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
3/10 - The lyrics are unintelligable, i's the most generic chord progression ever, there was no real skills shown through the instrumentation (which is all digitally created anyways), and if I didn't listen to all of the songs I rate most of the way through, I woulda shut it off within the first 30 seconds.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
3/10 - The lyrics are unintelligable, i's the most generic chord progression ever, there was no real skills shown through the instrumentation (which is all digitally created anyways), and if I didn't listen to all of the songs I rate most of the way through, I woulda shut it off within the first 30 seconds.

I'm failing to understand why you pointed out that it was digitally created. Are you saying there is no skill in electronic music?

Anyways... err... as a song 1/10 but as something entertaining 10/10

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
2/10
4/10 - The rapper's voice annoys me, I can't understand what he's talking about, and it just seems like a meh-ish track overall.

EDIT: Page didn't refresh; I'll have the review of your music in a little bit.

I'm failing to understand why you pointed out that it was digitally created. Are you saying there is no skill in electronic music?
I'm saying that there is no skill in performing electronically generated music unless it's off of a synth or similar instrument (like the Z-Tar). Sure you have to have basic knowledge of composition and different types of chords (as you would if you were playing an instrument live), but you don't need any technical skills, nor do you actually have to be good at making music outside of a studio with infinite time and resources. Ever since I began to listen and process music, I've never held respect for anyone who can't play their music live because that shows inexperience with their instrument, so if someone holds a live concert and they can't play anything other than what is pre-recorded, I cannot respect their music.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That was one of my favorite songs in SSX 3 9/10. But my god does this music video scream early 2000.

I'm saying that there is no skill in performing electronically generated music unless it's off of a synth or similar instrument (like the Z-Tar). Sure you have to have basic knowledge of composition and different types of chords (as you would if you were playing an instrument live), but you don't need any technical skills, nor do you actually have to be good at making music outside of a studio with infinite time and resources. Ever since I began to listen and process music, I've never held respect for anyone who can't play their music live because that shows inexperience with their instrument, so if someone holds a live concert and they can't play anything other than what is pre-recorded, I cannot respect their music.
I'll respect your opinion, but I feel your views on electronic music are limited. But what do I know? I'm not a musician

Last edited:
Top Bottom