• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
5.5/10 - It's kinda boring and repetitious (and I REALLY don't like the vocalist).
9.25/10 - Classic, absolutely adore the song.
7/10

Sorry for not being clear, but I was referring to the previous song you had posted. Bad Religion never had a song featured in NFS HP2 (though one of their songs did appear in a later NFS game).
Yes, it's from NFS: HP2. Anyways, I'll post one more from the OST and move on to other stuff:

EDIT: Corrected the rating after being ninja'd

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
8.5/10
It took me a while to realize this was Rush, but I don't mind it. I prefer their more prog rock stuff, but despite that I like this. And on the hard rock train...

(Song starts at 0:45.)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10.

Not as familiarized with the original version of the song as much as the Killswitch Engage one, but still quite good.

Anyway, 'I'll leave this track here:

(Is in spanish in case anyone wonders, but still...)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Good thing spanish is my native language
The later part of intro caught me by surprise and that is a good thing for me, the chorus is kinda weak but the lyrics are great along with the riffs
9/10

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8/10.

Kind of nice actually. Like that Western-Orchestral instrumental part of the song. Pretty cool overall.

(Also, good to know that I'm not the only one that speaks spanish around here...:gova:)

Anyway, I'll leave this here:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
4/10 I just really don't like music that has that type of screaming in it. There was a few parts in it that sounded nice, but eh, the screaming ruined it for me.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
9/10
I never thought I'd be saying this, but for a Christian Metal song it ain't too bad, decent even. It also does help that religious themes aside metal and fantasy have always gone have hand in hand, so this fits in perfectly.

Speaking of sub-genres of Metal...
Have some Pirate Metal.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
8/10 I've actually heard that one before, dat intro shivers me timbers

Here's a goofy one. Weirdly enough I actually have this vinyl too (found at a goodwill years ago), pretty interesting early example of chip tune low res EDM. Sort of like upbeat Warioland songs haha

At 1:35 on it sounds like Pokemon and Dragon Warrior

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10 - I can tell it was innovative with stereo EDM in the whatever-year-that-relic-is-from, but it's still not terrific. I woulda posted some Dragonforce next, but I have lost nearly all respect for them as a band because they are HORRID live.

EDIT: They've apparently gotten much better, but this is what they used to sound like live

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
You call that music? It's nothing but a bunch of noise. 0/10
"A bunch of noise" is the definition of music. Second 0/10 on a perfectly good piece of music; sounds like we have someone biased against punk pop/rock...

Anyways, 7.75, it sounds pretty impressive for a new indie game I've never heard of. Just looked up some gameplay and it sorta reminds me of Earthbound. Might have to try it out sometime.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
5/10
I've heard this song multiple times before. It's okay.

"A bunch of noise" is the definition of music. Second 0/10 on a perfectly good piece of music; sounds like we have someone biased against punk pop/rock...
Opinions. :drshrug: Don't take 'em so personally.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Anyways, 7.75, it sounds pretty impressive for a new indie game I've never heard of. Just looked up some gameplay and it sorta reminds me of Earthbound. Might have to try it out sometime.

No, I just don't like Blink 182.

Red Hot Chili Peppers on the other hand, 10/10

Edit: Ninjad. 7/10

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Opinions. :drshrug: Don't take 'em so personally.
I guess, but I've never seen anyone else give any other song a 0 on this thread before. Suppose he is entitled to his opinion, so I'll leave it be.

7.25/10 - Not the best Bad Religion song, but still really good.
9/10 - One of the only train songs I actually like. It's fantastic.

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
You're a lot more accurate then you think you are. If it says anything, the dev for the game also made an earthbound Halloween hack.

OT: 6/10. Just not really my thing.

D

Deleted member

8/10 sounds pretty cool i love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
4/10 - Not a fan of this genre at all, would be slightly better without the oddball vocal interruptions, but still not the worst I've ever heard.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Not that huge of a fan of Nickelback, but I think some of their songs are alright. That one is okayish. Speaking of which, this is one I really like of them:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
7/10

People need to realize that they hate on Nickelback for ****ty reasons. This one isn't necessarily Nickelback, but it's got their singer.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ah yes, Nickleback. The buttiest of butt rock. Hell, I think the only thing that astounds me more than their quality (or lack thereof) is how they've been able to survive for this long with all the crap thrown at them. I'll give them this, they certainly are persistent in sucking.

Anyway, as for the song in of itself, it sounds like the kind of song I'd hear on the easy listening radio, or heck the Christian radio when I go to chuch. Which for rock isn't exactly worth writing home about. And from Santana of all people this is underwhelming.

It's certainly not the worst I've heard (especially from Nickelback), but it's not something I can see myself listening to.

6/10

Speaking of Santana...

Edit: Changed the song.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7.5/10 pretty good Bad Religion

here's a classic from the Gran Turismo 2 days

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
5/10 - Not a fan of the lyrics or the vocalist, has a pretty generic drum beat, but has a great bassline.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Anything with screaming I have pretty strict high standards for

I'd give this one a 6/10

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
5/10

Unfortunately, I shall not join the herd. I like how they used the beat of Offspring's "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid," though.

Something festive for Halloween.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6/10 - Good creepy atmospheric song, but not as good out of context.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be frank, I've never really cared for the emo side of music. It's just never been a genre that's interested me. I know why it's successful, and it's certainly not terrible, it's just never one I'm not that into.

That said, I'll give it a 6/10. Ain't bad, but I do have my biases, and a thread where it's more my thought than objectiveness, I don't side towards the more positive. So all in all, I can see why people like it, it's just not my thing.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I feel like ELO is one of those often forgotten timeless bands that aren't talked about enough today.

8/10

Here's an excellent mash up off an amazing Girl Talk album.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Still not a fan of majority of this kind of music, but I've heard worse.

4.5/10

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10. The instruments are quite nice. The overall tone of the song is alright. Nothing much to add. Maybe that Nintendo reference is pretty fun.

Anyway, here's this one from me:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
7/10

It's gonna get slammed but here's some EDM. Crank it up to annoy your neighbors :]

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
6/10

Repetitive and at some points scatterbrained. I can see this for dance definitely, but I ain't the dancer that's for sure. But by the looks of it you were kinda expecting this, so maybe I'm being redundant in my statements. Ah well...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8.25/10 - I liked it, sounded kinda like Stairway to Heaven until about 1:30, where there was a metal guitar and a singer that sounds like he was a medieval pirate. The score would be higher if the lead singer weren't a medieval pirate.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10

Kind of interesting. Sounds epic-esque. Not my kind of music, to be honest, but still okay.

Anyway, I'll leave this track here:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Good vocals, production, and instrumentation - progression is a bit lazy and the lyrics seem rather derivative / bland like a computer wrote them though.

6.5/10

Here's an overlooked Motion City Soundtrack song, my favorite from their first album which is weird since it's their least known

Last edited:
Top Bottom