• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6/10.

Not the worst of them, but then again, not my cup of tea.

Anyway, I'll leave this here:

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5/10 - I like the guitar and drums a lot, but I've never liked metal vocalists that much. Still a pretty good song though.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
8.5/10.

Didn't hear the long version until some time after listening the 'short version'. Needless to say, I very much like it. One of the first songs I listened of them and like quite a bit around Middle School times. :)

Anyway, here's this one:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - Wow, that's really good actually. I've never heard of these guys before.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Like it strong female rock/alt vocals are hard to come by these days
8/10

Well hey it's Muse, Matt has possibly the best vocals of any modern rock group. His range and live singing is insane.
9/10

Here's a super catchy indie song from almost a decade ago (wow....time flies). It's categorized as "Electroclash", well now that is a cool genre name I've never heard of before.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6.5/10 - Never been too much of a fan of Incubus (even their hits that were played on the radio a LOT (Drive, Wish You Were Here, and a couple others), and this is OK, but not great. I appreciated the whales, though.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
9/10.

HOLD ME NOOOOW
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinkin'
Maybe six feet
Ain't so faaaaar dooooown...

Also, the music video is gorgeous and almost heart-wrenching.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
10/10 out of 10 - Wat waz DAT.

(This song has aged sooooo badly...)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
6.5/10.

Punk goodness that reeks with 90/Early 00's.

Anyway, here's this new track by Shinedown. Kind of decent, IMO.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I think someone posted that one a few pages ago, perhaps it was an orchestra cover

Chrono Cross has timeless music 8/10

Radical Dreamers I still play on piano to warm up to this day, such a great challenging instrumental song. Here's an overlooked favorite of mine from that OST.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I never heard of Chrono Cross. However, I do know that that was a beautiful track.

9.5/10

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
8/10 - I absolutely despise most rap songs, so I wan't optimistic whenever I clicked on that one. I'm happy to say that I was wrong and the lyrics hold deeper meaning than most rap I've heard in the past.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
3/10.

Not entirely fond with that genre of music, but I don't see why someone wouldn't like it, though. Just not my style.

Anyway, here's this:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6.5/10 - I thought the song itself was OK, but I the vocalist switched between being good and near-unintelligible.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
9.5/10
I'll be honest, it was the CGI skeleton legion that won me over.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
4/10 Sorry man that whole song sounded like it was recorded with a paper cup, and the loud annoying wind up at the beginning?

So for this one.....you will hate it, but it will no doubt get stuck in your head FOREVER (likely it already has) muhahauhaha

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7/10, will not get out head for next month.

I counter your Blue with:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I would never buy or upload that song to my mp3 player, but with the legendary NUMA NUMA lipsync video I have to give it at least an 8/10
5/10 for just the song though

Here's another song I remember from a long time ago, it also is unfortunately very catchy. Seems like Basshunter ripped the melody and format for his song "Dota", but the original melody was ripped off of DJ Daddy so who cares...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know why, but the chorus eerily reminds me of Somebody Told Me by The Killers. Whether that's good or bad is up to you all. Eh, I'll give it a 6/10.

But cheesy techno songs you say? Well then...

Let me show you some wonderful CGI.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
3/10

Wow yea that's just a bad song, cheesy but not charming and that guy's vocal track is horrendously out of tune even with the obvious autotune attempt. At least the rave girl song is a bit creative with the rhyming and lyrical cadence (for how bad it is)

I remember listening to a lot of new EDM and electronic music in the late 90s early 00s (most was shared via limewire, bitTorrent, Napster) this song I'm posting was on there quite frequently....then it hit the radio and was playing EVERYWHERE. That was the beginning of EDM becoming mainstream, when the masses actually started liking it on a dudebro level. Now we are where we are today and there's way too much of it. We've become saturated, and every song has to have some synth or EDM beat/samlping in it. I still think this is an okay remake of Bryan Adams song, chick has a good voice and they do it justice for the most part.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know. Like I said a few pages ago, EDM (and to another extent techno) is hit or miss with me. I think it's less that it's everywhere but more how bland and muddled it's gotten. Like there's nothing to it apart from a repetitive beat and maybe some lyrics. Now that's not to say I don't see the appeal. Much like how there is always going to be room for more complex music, and cheesy novelty hits, there will always be a room for dance music.

And in terms of it becoming mainstream: Well, it's not really that surprising. It's the same way when synth became everywhere in the eighties, or grunge being big in the nineties. Music has always gone through trends and genres. Where one may be on top of the world in one time period, it may be cult at best in the next. Disco is a perfect example of that, or heck even soft rock. So I'd say it's less obnoxiously omnipresent and more the times.

Also, giving the song a 7/10.

Edit: Forgot to include EDM.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I don't know. Like I said a few pages ago, techno is hit or miss with me. I think it's less that it's everywhere but more how bland and muddled it's gotten. Like there's nothing to it apart from a repetitive beat and maybe some lyrics. Now that's not to say I don't see the appeal. Much like how there is always going to be room for more complex music, and cheesy novelty hits, there will always be a room for dance music.

And in terms of it becoming mainstream: Well, it's not really that surprising. It's the same way when synth became everywhere in the eighties, or grunge being big in the nineties. Music has always gone through trends and genres. Where one may be on top of the world in one time period, it may be cult at best in the next. Disco is a perfect example of that, or heck even soft rock. So I'd say it's less obnoxiously omnipresent and more the times.

Well I think you mean EDM since techno is a specific sub genre of electronic music, I actually don't really care for techno at all (way too empty and unoriginal). Melodic Trance, Ambient, Trip Hop, and downtempo / chip / glitch stuff I'm mostly into.

I get what you are saying but the thing is....nothing has had the same widespread impact like electronic or EDM has. It's literally in every song in some aspect no matter the genre. The same can't be said about Grunge, Disco, New Wave. All of those had distinct characteristics that for the most part didn't invade or permeate the entire pop chart. Rap songs have synths and trance elements now, even some country, pop for sure has gone full EDM, indie music is even largely going electronic (used to be almost exclusively "indie rock" kind of music making it), rock has blended with DJs and EDM music for Nu-Metal, etc. It's a bit over the top how EDM has infiltrated every genre and the pop charts.

Songs a bit too frantic and all over the place for me, but I could see in context how it would be a bad-a** tune
6/10

Here's a very overlooked song and band, people always ask me "who is this" when it plays at parties from my mix list.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I think you mean EDM since techno is a specific sub genre of electronic music, I actually don't really care for techno at all (way too empty and unoriginal). Melodic Trance, Ambient, Trip Hop, and downtempo / chip / glitch stuff I'm mostly into.

I get what you are saying but the thing is....nothing has had the same widespread impact like electronic or EDM has. It's literally in every song in some aspect no matter the genre. The same can't be said about Grunge, Disco, New Wave. All of those had distinct characteristics that for the most part didn't invade or permeate the entire pop chart. Rap songs have synths and trance elements now, even some country, pop for sure has gone full EDM, indie music is even largely going electronic (used to be almost exclusively "indie rock" kind of music making it), rock has blended with DJs and EDM music for Nu-Metal, etc. It's a bit over the top how EDM has infiltrated every genre and the pop charts.
But I'm not arguing over whether or not it's good, but what I am saying is influxes are a thing; It's been a thing. Now that's not to say people should shut up and accept it, but it's not like there isn't a reason why it's gotten so big. Like I said, it's just the times. There's not much else to say about it.

Also, the song is a 6/10 to me. The composition is all right, but the lyrics kill it for me.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
7.5/10 - I had never heard of this game before, but this song is actually pretty good.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
6.5/10
I liked this song a lot when I first heard it in that game. And then I found the actual version. XD

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
7/10. Pretty cool track from them. I'm not that familiazrized with the band as others I have heard, but it was still fun to listen to.

Anyway, here's this:

Top Bottom