• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate oskurito's vids *Not updated, watch them if you want*

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Finally, I was able to record again, here are some of my friendly matches I had with nova yesterday.

I deleted all of the old links so if you wish to see the rest of my matches go here or type "Hell(fox)" on youtube and you should find something.

Hell(fox) vs. Nova(doc)

Hell(fox) vs. Nova(sheik)

Hell(fox) vs. Nova(ganondorf)

Hell(fox) vs. Nova(falcon)

Hell(fox) vs. Nova(samus)

Hell(fox) vs. Nova(roy)

Hell(fox) vs. Nova(marth)

Please, keep in mind I put the best of my matches, so don't think I owned nova, we're pretty even actually...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I like it ^.^ Only have time to watch the first vid, and I gotta say I do like the uthrows to waveshine grab to uthrow repeat haha, that was funny. The drill shine **** at the end was very nice, and you were able to keep control even after you slipped up and missed the grab.

Might I suggest less lasers when your opponent is right up in front of you, often times they'll just run right through them and you may be punished for it.

When I get home tonight, I'll watch the other three, but good stuff. :)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Oh yeah sometimes I cocentrate too much on doing my shdl and stuff that i forget about my opponent coming up to me trying to knee me in the face xD! thx for the comment.

BTW: Oskurito= Hell (the peruvian one not from chile) = ME

Sure Dave

Smash Apprentice
I watched the first match and this is what I have to say.

I think overall your fox is pretty solid. You have some technical skill and some mindgames. I like your use of lasers and your edge guarding is good. Nice infinites too. But...

Your approach is very weak and too repetitive. You shield waaay too much and your spacing is bad. You need more experiance at this game because those things come from experiance. Just participate in tournaments and you'll likely get better. You have potential though.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Very nice, is what I have to say about this fox. You've got your wavedashing/waveshining down pretty good. Nice infinite at the end of vid 1 too.

A couple things I would suggest is to work on your edge game a bit more, as you seem to miss your edge-guard attempts fairly often, and also you should try to incorporate shffl'd aerials a bit more, because when you DO do them they look really nice. (you used them some vs. ganondorf, which is good).

very nice SHLing too. keep up the good work, your fox is very quick. :)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ok, now i've finally get to see your fox. It looks pretty nice, but i can see some room for improvement. i only watched your fav, and the ditto that you got owned in, cause i wanted to see what you liked in your fox, and a match in which you get *****. First, against CF, get your basic waveshine combos down, i don't know if that was just a lack of skill for the match, or what, but you missed a bunch of waveshine setups. Second, you need a more oppresive laser game. you had some skillz w/ the rshdl, but didn't use it much, and you can feel free to rshl at close ranges. Against space animals, you need to do more DD>grab, or nair>techchase grab. once you have a grab, do something really mean w/ it. either chain throw, or uthrow>usmash. Again, against Fast fallers, the goal is to get them off the edge and edgegaurd. No need to shinespike all the time. esp. w/o edge invinibility. against CF, utilize "the official get the f*ck off my stage combo" (findable elsewhere on the fox boards). Hope this helps, and in no way am i trying to be negative/ bashing you.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
=o thanks scotu, you look with pretty much experience than me =P all I can do is technical stuff but I usually dont win matches xD If you want you can check the other matches where I got owned they should be on you tube by now... btw I can waveshine pretty well I'll try to do that combo whenever possible but a normal waveshine combo into shine spike should work better

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will watch these sometime this week probably.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
7/10 (watched the first one) you need work on your approach and knowing what to use in certain situations to get those hits off. Good overall tech skill, just get more experience.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Ok thanks. I'll hope to record some vids on the next weekend to show some improvement or some cool matches. Btw I'll like to see more opinions about my fox ^.^

takieddine

Smash Master
seems like you weren't playing to potential, especially in the ditto. It kinda reminded me of when my old controller would give up on me.(missed fast falls, l-cancels, grabs miss etc.)

I do agree on the approaches comments however, try mixing it up with full hop nairs, dash attack, double jumped uairs into shine. or DD into grabs.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yeah, honestly I was a little nervous =P but I did well at least for the "infinite" in the last seconds of the match.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I watched the rest of those matches now, you were shdling a lot where fhtls would have been more appropriate. also, nice use of the jab. Ganon's third KO was the best. On the one against the marth (the "<GF" one) i noticed that the first related vid at the end of you vid was my combo vid xD.

(click my sig if you haven't seen it)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Of course I've seen your combo video, it was cool and most of the combos were decent. Btw im going to make my combo vid, but it will be a multi character combo vid featuring my crew... On my part I'll make some drill shines infinites and I'll drillshine someone across FD and reverse into up-smash, some nair to shine combos and whatever... I'll be doing some nasty combos with falco too, I hope you watch it when it's finished.

Oh and thanks for the comment.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, very nice fox. You have great control of your character. You could have done some things differently in a couple of situations but still. I liked ^_^.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Thanks for the comment, I'll try to show more of my shdlasering skills later, im going to record this weekend

Teethpaste

Smash Cadet
I'm rating u just by looking at the first video as a few people have said before u do over use your lasers. You use your shield a bit but theres nthin wrong with that. One of the really good things is u relly use foxes speed to your advantage and you do hav a few good things you do when they go off the edge

Really good 9/10 and complements to the person who was Captain Falcon aswell 8/10 for him

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Thanks, I apreciate your comment I'll try to spam a little less... lol Hmm to many views but not too much posts =( come on... I want more opinions ^^

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks, I apreciate your comment I'll try to spam a little less... lol Hmm to many views but not too much posts =( come on... I want more opinions ^^
You don't have to spam less...just smarter. When SHDLing you can move backwards as you are falling. So if you keep doing that (keep in mind almost no fox players do this and it is not seen much) you can get free grabs by outspacing your opponent while lasering. Then after the laser just dash at them and grab them if they whiff anything. If they keep running at you then you can foxtrot away.

Just remember to outspace your opponent and you can spam as much as you want.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You don't have to spam less...just smarter. When SHDLing you can move backwards as you are falling. So if you keep doing that (keep in mind almost no fox players do this and it is not seen much) you can get free grabs by outspacing your opponent while lasering. Then after the laser just dash at them and grab them if they whiff anything. If they keep running at you then you can foxtrot away.

Just remember to outspace your opponent and you can spam as much as you want.
I do the same thing but w/ rshls mostly, and it does get a ton of free grabs.

Hylian, we're going to have to play a friendly set at FC. That is all.

Kail

Smash Lord
Really good fox, I actually learned things from your videos, very nice.

Pff, You have to play friendlies with him, I get him in the tournament. ^_^

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really good fox, I actually learned things from your videos, very nice.

Pff, You have to play friendlies with him, I get him in the tournament. ^_^
hehe of course I will get some friendlies in and yeah I have you in my pool Kail. Who do you play? IC's?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I've got some new videos I hope to upload them soon >_>, and thanks kail I'm glad you liked it.

Osi

Smash Ace
Your fox is nice, much better than mine technically. The only advice I could really give would be work on edge gaurds a bit, and laser with more space. You did a nice job at the end of video 1. I also loved the shine grabs in it, but you took a few hits by repeating that move a lot also. One trick I like to toss in when I grab for a up throw from shine often is a back kick. Instead of doing a single wavedash from the shine try 2 and jump back at them with a bair shuffl.

Edit: I only toss the 2 wavedash to bair shuffl out of a shine once I've thrown a few times, and only once a match. Most characters can punish it so bad if they predict it, but otherwise it is a nice mindgame trick.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Thanks for the comment osi and for the trick. Hey guys I've uploaded some videos can you check them out plz? ^^

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you don't have time to do two wavedashes and have it combo, not on any character. You can however dash out of your waveshine into a shine turnaround bair, for added flash.
(didn't oskurito post originally about dashing shine>bair?, well, here's a flashier way to do it.)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
nair>shine is more cool ^^ you can do it running then shine and hold forwards and shuffle nair.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
you don't have time to do two wavedashes and have it combo, not on any character. You can however dash out of your waveshine into a shine turnaround bair, for added flash.
(didn't oskurito post originally about dashing shine>bair?, well, here's a flashier way to do it.)
Thats not true. Watch KoreanDJ play PC CHris I think it was. Upthrow>Shine>wavedash backwards twice> uair and thats all I remember of the combo.

Also. Nice matchs. Only watched the first one so far. I looovvee fthrow into shine on marth XD. Nair shine combo was sexy.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Thanks Hylian, you've got to see how I play against samus, my friend nova has a pretty sick samus the vids with him should be upoloaded next week or so. I lost the 2 out of 3 with him but you're gonna notice that I lost cause I stopped spamming xD!!! I feel bad for doing that... I'm sorry =( Im too gay sometimes... (<sometimes??!! xD)

Btw I watched your vids you've got a very good samus specially for the Up B out of the shield I didn't know it was THAT fast =o, Yup cool vids but you've gotta watch his samus... is awesome... He did fair>uair>fair>uair combo to ****'s ganon the other day when were at his house playing

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks Hylian, you've got to see how I play against samus, my friend nova has a pretty sick samus the vids with him should be upoloaded next week or so. I lost the 2 out of 3 with him but you're gonna notice that I lost cause I stopped spamming xD!!! I feel bad for doing that... I'm sorry =( Im too gay sometimes... (<sometimes??!! xD)

Btw I watched your vids you've got a very good samus specially for the Up B out of the shield I didn't know it was THAT fast =o, Yup cool vids but you've gotta watch his samus... is awesome... He did fair>uair>fair>uair combo to ****'s ganon the other day when were at his house playing
Fox is my favorite match up as samus...XD. Fox pretty much just has to run away and spam or be near perfect to beat samus. Also you should look into buffering your shield against samus..does wonders.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
IMO it looks like youve really improved. I think some more bair ledge guarding against marth would would for you, also, if you learn how to shdl it works well against a marth.

lastly, you could play on a different stage besides final.

edit: you also missed quite a few techs that would have helped you regain control.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Maybe you only saw the first old match... My playstyle differs alot when playing a certain character, I guess this time I was being a little more agressive but thats the way I play usually against marths.

Anyway thanks for the comment...

Btw I wish I live near you guys so I can play with ya too =(

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Fox is my favorite match up as samus...XD. Fox pretty much just has to run away and spam or be near perfect to beat samus. Also you should look into buffering your shield against samus..does wonders.
Running away from Samus? puh lease

Pressure her with your shield until she makes a mistake. Samus should almost never grab Fox.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Running away from Samus? puh lease

Pressure her with your shield until she makes a mistake. Samus should almost never grab Fox.
It's all about mindgames.

MC to grab works suprisingly often. Also, grabbing them out of their get up attack. Or tech-chasing with extendrrr.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yup.. the grapple extender works alot... even if they tech backwards you, you can grab them anyway... you aim it by holding L right?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I'd add the matches with nova the best samus here in peru, so check them out and I'll like that hylian rates his samus.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
It's all about mindgames.

MC to grab works suprisingly often. Also, grabbing them out of their get up attack. Or tech-chasing with extendrrr.
MC -> grab is why I don't shield missiles

Almost never use get up attack on Samus because of her nasty CC, it's only worth it if she's in the air trying to nair you or something

<3 Metagame discussions

Top Bottom