• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sonic. Offline match.

Tenki

Smash Hero
That kirby was disgusting.

:[

- ASC doesn't bait anything if the Kirby is already committed to doing something, like neutral B, lol. Maybe you could side-B fake-charge and roll behind him (he'd think he got you). Or just empty jump/ff airdodge over/behind him (he'd probably release his neutral B and shield, and you could grab that).

- You run away too far, and spindash approach alot. Run away closer and do more dash-based approaches ._.;

- Stay closer to Kirby/the edge, especially if he's recovering or off-stage (like, his down-B or something). It's really easy to interrupt, stagespike, or do something to his up-B as long as you know the rhythm for that move. If you were closer instead of running away when he did the down-B off-stage, you could have D-aired him during his transform-to-kirby lag.

- Don't spring>D-air towards Kirby (or anyone) if he's not already committed to doing something.

needs more boxobair D;

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
- i looked and at the time and it was over 7:00 minutes. that told me you didn't blindly aggro him and were as safe as you can.

- dont play this stage against a kirby again. sonic can't really escape kirby as well as he'd like to and kirby can recover anyway he wants.

- you need to use more spin dash fakes, and don't do it so far away.

- ASC is very risky against kirbys air game.

- try dropping springs on him every once in a while if he's gonna hang on the ledge like that...

- you movements were good, though i thought that he could have punished more. seriously, if a kirby does Swallow all the time, i question the level of skill he has... not enough bairs from him, and not enough side taunt from you.

- it would be wise to spring dair away from kirby if you plan on doing it... man that's kinda asking for it.

- needs more tilts. your lack of tilts made you so spin oriented, i was almost sad that it worked...

-but i love your clock management. good show. against some of the higher tiers a patient sonic can be just as hard to kill as it is for sonic to kill them... keep that part of your game up.

the end.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Aw, you used spin dash and spin charge so much it started to get predicable. If you're going to do that, you might as well add some SDSC in it. I think you should use more approaches, like Sonic's dash and fox trot (though you were using that well).

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
lol I like what you did at 2:23
genius xD

Your Sonic is all over the place. D=
You running/flying around Kirby was cool, and adds to being random, but you still kinda spindash too much and you're getting punished for it.

A few missed bair stage spikes.
Like Tenki said stay close to Kirby when he's recovering. He really only has one way of recovering.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Zro is actually a very good kirby.

But thanks guys. :]

I gota get more matches up from gimped.

I beat CiTH in a random char MM set.

:093:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
wait, if you stay close to Kirby while he is recovering, thats begging for a kirbycide...:(

Boxob, good stuff. Everyone here beat me again (speedy posters). Well I'll basically hop to the end where he got that lucky fsmash on you. Did you know that if you shielded that, its a free fsmash? Kirby's fsmash has too much ending lag, so you get a free, guarenteed, A1 sauced fsmash. I dont know if Kirby would have died, but you would have been put in an advantageous situation.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Hungry Kirby eh?

a nice tactic against Kirby and DDD when they inhale is to DownB straight towards the inhale, JC into the faster homing attack. I use this all the time against Inhale happy people.

other than that, o.k.

I play Percon a lot so I pretty much got Kirby down pat........approach with ASC (2 hits) to grab. If they shield then grab apon landing, and it pretty much wrecks if you continually shield pressure with ASC

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What's JC?

And Ayaz, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't charging right into Kirby while he's sucking just damage him and get you inhaled?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the best part about inhale camping is that the best move to get around it is HA

but if you do it under a plat form, that takes away the HA option

Tenki

Smash Hero
What's JC?

And Ayaz, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't charging right into Kirby while he's sucking just damage him and get you inhaled?
jump cancel, you silly billy.

wait, if you stay close to Kirby while he is recovering, thats begging for a kirbycide...:(
Well, at least, stay close to the edge.

The thing is, you wanna camp for his up-B's starting lag, apex lag (like, when he's at the top of his up-B), or some other thing like that (or even his down-B's transform/trans back animation). Heck, I think you can hit Kirby on his way up if you fall behind him, lol.

I had alot of practice against my friend's kirby, lol.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
What's JC?

jump cancel, you silly billy.
pretty much. I know you have a lot of terms that I don't know but am aware of the techs, so I used JC cause I thought most people would get it.

you pretty much spin dash right up to him (still out of range) and simply JC -->HA

easy peasy.

if you're looking for a kill move you can easily do the far jump tech.........thingie and Bair

Also I think you should put more Fair into your game. A) it's a multi hit move B) hard to DI out of, due to its speed C) creates a WoP which can lead to GFCs (grounded foot-stool combos) if the opponent shield Fair and D) cause its sexy

i'm not sure why there's some doubt about Fair....... is it priority or something? because its traits are wicked

Tenki

Smash Hero
if you're looking for a kill move you can easily do the far jump tech.........thingie and Bair

Also I think you should put more Fair into your game. A) it's a multi hit move B) hard to DI out of, due to its speed C) creates a WoP which can lead to GFCs (grounded foot-stool combos) if the opponent shield Fair and D) cause its sexy

i'm not sure why there's some doubt about Fair....... is it priority or something? because its traits are wicked
1) far jump tech = spinshot

2) It might normally be hard to DI out of fast moves like that, MK's F-air in mind, but the problem is Sonic's F-air has ALOT more hits, and the hitstun can buy someone the reaction time to SDI out. Double stick spamming shouldn't be too hard, right?

My main issue with F-air, personally, is that there's what feels like a huge time period after the last hit that you can't exactly land without causing yourself lag, but if you're in midair/rising, then okay.

silly billy.
easy peasy.

baaaaahahahaha

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
^^

Happy Days Tier

Tenki & Ayaz

lol

But yeah I like Fair...........the thing is that it's so quick that you need robotic DI to actually escape it.

and yeah Boxob...........don't roll..........like ever

it's faster to run and spin cancel wherever you want to stop.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Boxyboxybox is back.

I thought you quit Barlw?

<3

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
^^

Happy Days Tier

Tenki & Ayaz

lol

But yeah I like Fair...........the thing is that it's so quick that you need robotic DI to actually escape it.

and yeah Boxob...........don't roll..........like ever

it's faster to run and spin cancel wherever you want to stop.
Question about the whole rolling thing. IS there ever a good time to roll with Sonic?

Boxyboxybox is back.

I thought you quit Barlw?

That's what I thought too. D=

Having not seen him in forever.

It's good to know he hasn't changed. *points to his last thread* =D

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I did quit, I hadn't played since GIMPED. Which is where this video is from.

Brawl is so ****ing boring.

I'ma go play sf4 now.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Question about the whole rolling thing. IS there ever a good time to roll with Sonic?
Sometimes, I know that people who roll read me like niko always read me, when I know its muscle memory that's holding me back I do the spin cancel roll to roll farther and hopefully punish them instead

I did quit, I hadn't played since GIMPED. Which is where this video is from.

Brawl is so ****ing boring.

I'ma go play sf4 now.

SF4 isn't that great either........better than Brawl but it's still watered down.

Just go play melee then, it's better and your part of probably the best competitive gaming scene out there (in terms of friendliness and hangouts)

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Sometimes, I know that people who roll read me like niko always read me, when I know its muscle memory that's holding me back I do the spin cancel roll to roll farther and hopefully punish them instead

SF4 isn't that great either........better than Brawl but it's still watered down.

Just go play melee then, it's better and your part of probably the best competitive gaming scene out there (in terms of friendliness and hangouts)
SF4 is at LEAST 93 times funner to play than brawl. Sorry lol.

Seth's MAH BOIII.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
^

don't be sorry >_____>

it's not like this game is my life.......it's just a game, play what you want. There are some users i'm concerned about because they seem to treat smash as life, which is really unhealthy. Some people seem obligated to play smash because the community is so lifelike to them (or so I assume, but highly expect).

and yeah SF4 is more fun (funner?) to play than Brawl..........but melee beat ALL

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
As of late, I've been rolldodging a lot less...

If I had to come up with something, I would say a good time to roll is...

...Ah Hell, where's Tenki when you need him?! I seriously can't see it's applications!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
like, when a person uses a move that:
- has shield stun (and some ending lag)
- has shield push (and enough ending lag to let you punish with a roll)
- grabs (and has ending lag)

>__>?

Tenki

Smash Hero
On Wifi, with Anyone, overseas Brawls, against scrubs/your cousin, near an edge.
a combination of those, i can understand

but rolling near an edge is a bad idea most of the time D:

Especially if you're rolling towards it :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You're all getting off-topic here...

Although it probably idn't help that this speecific thread was made for only one match, so not much to talk about...

Top Bottom