• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my samus ^^

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm very impressed with your Samus. Since this is a rate thread, I didn't expect you to lose any, so I don't know what I can say for improvement if you are constantly winning. You show everything a Sammy can do, to my knowledge, and it is refreshing to not have to complain about over use of the dash attack or someone trying to be flashy with the SWD. I like your play style.

I would like to see you play agianst some of the better Sami here so we can see who is better. So I'm going to give you a beastly 9/10. Awesome.

Mars-

Smash Champion
and it is refreshing to not have to complain about over use of the dash attack or someone trying to be flashy with the SWD. I like your play style.
Yeah man, I hate losing to people that SWD and use their dash attack, because you know people like Wes and Oro, who used to be the best samus's, and Wes was the forth best in the world, never use dash attacks or the SWD.

[TLT]BloodFalcon

Smash Apprentice

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Yeah man, I hate losing to people that SWD and use their dash attack, because you know people like Wes and Oro, who used to be the best samus's, and Wes was the forth best in the world, never use dash attacks or the SWD.
... Wes definitely uses SWD, and when I saw him play in person, I saw him do SWD to dash attack several times throughout the tournament... so you're post is the polar opposite of the truth.

And as for jump-cancelling Samus' grabs, it's not a bad idea for tech chasing.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I appreciate that you posted some videos of you getting pwned because, let's face it, we all get our butts kicked at one point or another. I really like your style, it's so similar to mine. The platform work in your first match vs ganon in stadium was nice. The whole wavelanding off the platform -> missiles or to an aerial was nice.

And phanna, I think mars was being sarcastic...

Mars-

Smash Champion
... Wes definitely uses SWD, and when I saw him play in person, I saw him do SWD to dash attack several times throughout the tournament... so you're post is the polar opposite of the truth.

And as for jump-cancelling Samus' grabs, it's not a bad idea for tech chasing.
wow phanna, I was being sarcastic...

[TLT]BloodFalcon

Smash Apprentice
I can use SWD, but... i don't like it, because, for me is not much necesary, but... the SWD is very funny xD and i use sometimes...

thnx for rate my vids, tomorrow or another day I upload more vid ^^ thanks!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Since there seems to be confusion about what I said:

I like that you use a wide variety of attacks. You don't seem to spam one move and try to get it to work every time. I come here to rate people often, and I frequently find people JUST dash attacking, or JUST trying to SWD when they can, or something like that. Most of the time, SWD's just look flashy, but I'm not saying they are without purpose! There is some nice things you can do with it. The problem begins when there are clear opportunities to do something definitively useful instead of failing to perform a SWD. Dash attacks are useful too, but the windmill of fury... well... let's not even go there :p

[TLT]BloodFalcon

Smash Apprentice

Corigames

Smash Hero
For the first fight, all I have to say is spacing. With Gannon, you want to keep your distance. If you didn't notice, his attacks are powerful and are hard to stop. Not only do you need to figure out the spacing on your moves, but also his. Gannons usually approach with the Fair, just because it is strong and high priority. It will go through bombs, missiles, and charge shots, not to mention most moves you have.

You did alright against the Falco, so I don't have much to say there. I would just feel more comfortable doing more Up B out of shield. But hey, what you were doing worked well too! :p

On that last fight, I really noticed the lack of effective edge guarding. One of THE BEST guards against Gannon. It's tall for if they try to come in ove the ledge, and is low if they try to sweet spot (not possible with Gannon :chuckle:). Work on that, and you'll probably find this matchup a bit easier for you.

I rate your Samus 7/10

Top Bottom