• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Luigi :O

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Your Luigi is better than mine XD.

Uh, the main thing that stood out to me is KOing too late. Wario shouldn't be living till 150% with Luigi's amazing (albeit few) kill moves, and you only got him with the tip of a misfire.

Nice use of jab mindgames, but a few more fireball to jab to upBs might've helped versus him, as he loved to double jump aerial a lot.

I personally find b-air to be amazing against Wario. I play Warios the most and I find against even the most patient ones, b-air and double jump b-air give a lot of pressure to his aerial game, and it's very difficult to start combos for him.

Other than that, you seem fine.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
I have problems killing Wario because he's almost always in the air and has an insane amount of aerial mobility. Luigi's F-smash feels a little useless in this match unless i'm punishing a bite. Fireball to jab to Up-b may work though, so thanks for the help. :)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
A little risky thing I just thought of it trying to bait his double jump aerials with crawldashing. This might not even work, but you could try walking in like your approaching slowly, then crawl dash and hope that he goes in for the d-air. If you don't know what crawldashing is, look in VisT's Q/A thread.

This might not even work XD. But it's worth playing around with right?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Seriously? Crawldashing? You have any videos of crawldashing being useful, zhao? I can do the AT, never found a use for it, haven't wanted to master it. But if I can see it being used well, I might try some more.
*goes to YouTube*

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Investing crawldashing is hilarious. Actually wario is sorta living at 150% as he has insane DI, good recovery, not to mention it's hard to land some kos on him since his aerial mobility is top shape. And he can just air camp lol. The thing is that you have to bait them heavily, they love to airdodge so going for a utilted fsmash x2 can get this or just to scare them

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Well, to fill you in Elheber. The Luigi Boards had a massive investigation about crawldashing. For almost a month that was the only thing talked about.
Many strides were made, there is a big thread on it as well. Let me see if I can find it.........
*searches*
Oh crap, my computer is going to restart in 111 seconds, I'm not going to have time!

EDIT:
Ok, I'm back, Um the actual thread with crawl dashing info is a sticky....

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Oh yeah, I saw those videos. Now I read through most of the posts in that thread... I'm not convinced. If this were Brawl+, then absolutely; I love crawldashing from a dash or landing in there because of the added dash crouch canceling or the horizontal aerial momentum maintained from jumps, but crawldashing out of a brisk walk isn't enough for me. I hadn't known that discussion existed, and I also wondered why chic was practicing crawldashing so much last time I played him. Thanks kig.

Still, I'd rather master the sliding fingerbang. <- That's on my to do list after I improve on my problems.

Wario's a beast because of his top-notch horizontal air speed (like the 2nd or 3rd fastest in the game?) and Luigi-esque aerial priority. Against him, I invest in Grounded Cyclones and Shielding a lot. My game against him basicly becomes grounded until I pop him into the air. I wouldn't want you guys to follow my advice though, I'm not great against Wario.

Top Bottom