• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my kirby plz

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
hi aqua welcome to the kirby forums.

Heres what i recommend you should work on

Your a bit impatient with attacking your opponent. It's ok to be offensive, but dont be so offensive that you are running into attacks like you did. Attack with discretion and precision.

Also, same old same old: use stone less.

Tainted_Knives

Smash Cadet
warms my heart to see u-tilt used so successfully...

Great Kirby...not a whole lot of criticism to give, really...

you definately know how to use b-air...

I didn't see a successful meteor smash off the edge, so maybe work on that...

with regards to using stone as an edgeguard: YOU MUST RECOVER!!!
Personally I never use stone as an guard unless I'm well above the stage. For safety's sake. :laugh:

I would've also liked to see some d and f-tilting, but that's nitpicking and deals more with personal preference, IMO.

It seems like your biggest flaw is knowing when to dodge Ike's attacks. This deals less with how you handle kirby and more with not knowing your opponent. Try playing with Ike for awhile. That way you get a better feel for his timing and will know what to look for in the future.

I try to play with every character every once in a while. Learning the in's and out's of other characters is, IMO, what separates the good players from the pro players.

anywho, Welcome to the forum!

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
hmm... maybe you could use roll less. Also use Dthrow a lot more. And use stone when your opponent least expects it. Other than that, the way you used U-tilt and Bair were great!

T-nuts

Smash Ace
honestly man, your kirby looks really good. great use of utilt and bair, possibly kirby's two best moves. and i like how you use usmash for killing sometimes. maybe im imagining things, but do you have your controls set up for bsticking? If so...how is it?

You clearly know the gonzo combo. But just a warning, dont be too predictable going for the grab at 0%. Also, if you land a grab and your opponent is at too high percent for the gonzo combo, fthrow--->immediate double jump--> fair is a great little string. Also, you may want to use grabs a little bit more for damage building.

I never really saw you use dair, dash attack, or neutral air much...do you use these moves often? if not, it is important to incorporate them. They are good on their own and can lead to strings.

short hop fair is great as an occasional move. it can be used offensively or defensively. use it sparingly though.

One last thing, I think you use stone just a little too much. you use it well though. That stone suicide in video 1 was actually a great use of stone, you clearly just messed up a tiny bit by dying haha

that may seem like a lot of criticism but im just trying to point out every little thing i can think of to help you improve. really, your kirby seems pretty good.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the advice, and the welcoming... so basicaly i should use less stone, and try and implement more dash attacks and dairs, got it. and no i dont use a bstick.

shock505

Smash Cadet
You definintly have the basics down. my advice is being a bit more defensive maybe and try poking at your opponent to deal small but useful damage. Basicly tilts like d tilt and ftilt. GooD job. Your good,but just like everyone, we all need work (including me^^)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Pretty good Kirby as far as comboing. But less of that Rock move because it leaves you vulnerable and thats how you got killed by Ike a couple times. Use the swallow move when your damage percentage is high so you can get a nice trade off. Up air more for more combo uses. Other than that you got a really good Kirby!

metaike

Smash Cadet
Pretty good kirby. Try to use down throw a little more. Try to be a little bit more defensive. In match 2 you fell for the foward smash. Other than that your pretty good

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Surprisingly enough, there's not really much left for me to say. Both of you look at what's been said and apply it.

Maybe a bit more Dair? I dunno... I really like Dair.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
For the first match, you used bair too much. It's a great move, but it's one of your KO moves, so I wouldn't use it so often. Your utilt usage was great, but I saw no ftilt or dtilt. Ftilt doesn't always come in handy, but dtilt does. At the beginning, you used FC to stop your knockback, which, while it works, could lead to SD's. I would suggest using a stone. Speaking of which, you used stone in all the wrong places. You don't use it while onstage most of the time, you use it to edgeguard. For your aerials. you basically used mostly bair, and a little Uair. You need to use your other aerials more often. You should learn how to use aerial hammer for hits. It would be a better KO move than the Up-smash you tried to use (sorry, it just doesn't work for Ike):(. You also need to use more throws. It also seemed like you remembered to use some moves at some points (bair in the beginning) and then completely forgot about them. If you wanna see aerial hammer, brawl me. I use them really well :). Finally, is the Gonzo Combo the only combo you know?

Mostly the same was true for the second match, though you did hit once with an aerial hammer. When you used fast-falled fairs, I would've used aerial hammers, but perhaps that's just my playstyle.

Another thing I noticed it that you don't use inhale at all.

On the positive outlook, you're a pretty good Kirby. You know how to use that bair, but you seem to have taken a bit too much to Gonzo, and you tried a few things that didn't work (your stone).

If you PM me, I'll brawl you, and I can give better advice then.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post.

@Shao: You seem like a good kirby, but you're lacking a bit. You did a Gonzo Combo, but other than that your tilts didn't happen much. Your aerial hammer was non-existant, and it could have helped a bit. When you were in the air you used aerials, but you didn't, say, jump and use one. That edgehog really killed you:((and you still had 4 jumps). If you wanna brawl me sometime, I'm open, and I can give you more advice.

By the way, you seem a little too obsessed with shield breaker at the beginning and not at all at the end...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
For the first match, you used bair too much. It's a great move, but it's one of your KO moves, so I wouldn't use it so often.
No! NONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *In Darth Vader's voice* NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........!!!!

Seriously, you cannot use Bair too much. Ever. Ever. Once more, ever. This moce is a damage builder, a WoP, a spacing tool, a KO move, and your best move. Use it and abuse it.
As for diminished potential? Not a problem. You're Kirby! Just grab pummel and hit with tilts. It gets fresh right away.
The only thing with Bair is not to get too predictable while spamming the **** out of it. Sound contradictory? It is, but it can be done, and is most effective when done.
Note: This does not mean to ONLY use Bair, but it is very useful, and one of the moves you will pull out the most. Don't worry about it being stale, worry about it NOT being stale. If it isn't stale, you're doing something wrong. If you need to kill with it, refreshing isn't that hard as Kirby (This honestly kind of sounds like when people say Mario's Usmash can't kill because it's never fresh... MARIO! FIREBALLS! Bam, 9 fireballs later, you have a killing move again. Same principle.).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I'm not saying to never use bair (the mere thought makes me shiver), as it is one of Kirby's best moves. But he was using it more than you should. You got me on the stale move part, but I have a sort of stereotype when it comes to using the same move a lot of times. When playing with my friends a while ago, I would use FC a lot (when I was pretty bad and played Melee), and they would always say I was abusing it (but I could go on for pages about my friend's captain falcon), so I have that ingrained thing to not spam the same move.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You got me on the stale move part, but I have a sort of stereotype when it comes to using the same move a lot of times. When playing with my friends a while ago, I would use FC a lot (when I was pretty bad and played Melee), and they would always say I was abusing it (but I could go on for pages about my friend's captain falcon), so I have that ingrained thing to not spam the same move.
I used to be like that. Then I realized how awesome it can be. Seriously, watch my Mario. Every other move is a fireball. If my Kirby gets ROB laser, every 3 seconds you see one.

Top Bottom