• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rat-A-Tat Rap Banjo & Kazooie

Crystallion

Smash Ace
While I like Banjo-Kazooie and they fit Brawl so much, I would like to see them. But I don't see Microsoft or Rare for that matter handing them out to Nintendo.

And IF they are gonna be in Brawl, then PLEASE, let them retain their old Nintendo 64 look, please! I hate their new look, it's ridiculous (and I mean negatively ridiculous)

Metalsonic

Smash Rookie
Haven't posted in a bit, but I'll share some thoughts on the past few pages. I still think either the flying FS or the shooting one would be the best. I drew as much as I could from the games for the moveset, but the Wonderwing was one of the only things I couldn't see implemented properly. (Keep in mind this just my opinion, I have nothing against those who suggested it.) But still, it's a move to be used sparingly in the games, generally in certain situations (ex. the propeller blades in Klanker, Stomping Dino in Terrydactyland) and doesn't really feel like a finishing move. The golden eggs are a rare bonus, however, and while the flying is pretty common, it was another thing I couldn't really fit into a standard moveset, and I think it would work well the way I described it.

As far as stages go, Spiral Mountain is a no-brainer, it could be quite unique by being a tall level and having a lot of platforms (the mountain path), and vegetables could occasionally pop out of the ground and attack. I was thinking Halfire Peaks could be a unique stage too, if they did it in a way where you spend some time on each side of the stage, with their respective effects (swimmable lava that damages you as long as your in it? Slippery ice something like the oil on Flatzone?), it could be a cool stages. But really, you could base a stage on any level at all, my personal favorite of them all is Grunty Industries, (but I still don't know how I got the main door open, I think it was a glitch, I shot a clockwork egg into the tiny tunnel above the door, and the instant it entered the hole, Banjo got attacked by one of the maintenance enemies. Then, instead of the clockwork bird, it was Banjo and Kazooie that entered the tunnel. Weird huh?)

Anyway, that's all I have to say now. For an item, I'm not really sure. Maybe a Globo, you could get transformed into one of the transformations from the game. (Washing machine :grin:)

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Good points Metalsonic, they were really well thought out.

I have an opinion on this topic too (as does everyone else :p).

Anyways, I personally feel that Banjo and Kazooie would fit perfectly into the smash world. Due to the fact that Banjo Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time, I'm really pulling heavily for the duo. The movesets that have been posted here only back up my initial feelings that Banjo and Kazooie would be an excellent addition to smash bros.

As for the issue of a Banjo Kazooie item, I think that jingos could make a solid AT. They could fly around the stage (as they do when you rescue them), hitting other players as they travel.

In terms of an actual item, the globo idea is pretty good. Maybe you could get a music note for an item, temporarily stunning or putting your enemies to sleep.

Also, maybe you could pick up a golden feather. This item would make your decrease your speed, but if any player came in contact with you, they would suffer significant damage and knock-back. Also, this item would either absorb or reflect all projectiles =)

Another idea is to use a rare item (like the ice key)... I'm just not too sure how that would work out :dizzy:.

Well, that my opinion, and I hope that I contributed some solid ideas to this thread =)

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yes you have contributed to the thread.

@Prevail. i think Mumbo should be the AT. he transforms you into a random useless critter. your item ideas are very good also.

@Metalsonic. your spiral mountain stage idea is great. i will add it to the first page for the stage. when we decide on an item and AT they will go in the first page also.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I completely spaced on mumbo :urg:.

O well, that's a very good idea for an AT too =)

By the way, does anyone know of a site where I can get some quality 64 banjo kazooie pics? I'm either going to make a sig, or have one made =)

Metalsonic

Smash Rookie
Thanks both of you. :) I was thinking of taunts now too, since I forgot to add them in the moveset. Here's some of my ideas:

The standard thumbs-up and the "guh-huh!" sound, probably their most iconic pose.

Kazooie taps Banjo on the head and he gets annoyed, seen if you leave them still for a minute.

The third I'm not so sure about, I'm drawing a bit of a blank here. Any ideas?

EDIT - Prevail, there's a few Banjo fansites around (I think spiralmountain.co.uk is one, can't remember though), they might have some good pics. Haven't visited in a while though.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
secondary system? what did they mean like that ?_?. Microsoft thinks the perfect combo is the Wii and 360.
Maybe this is good. They have even said before that they do not consider themselves in direct competition with the Wii

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Wow some ill Ideas of B-K! Personally I think there is almost no better character to add into smash over B-K . If only RARE hadn't been bought by Microsoft! They still have a chance but I think that the lack of items could be a problem but then again there were no Fire Emblem and Game and Watch Items in Melee so...

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
secondary system? what did they mean like that ?_?. Microsoft thinks the perfect combo is the Wii and 360.
Maybe this is good. They have even said before that they do not consider themselves in direct competition with the Wii
Good Point! Plus Haveing B-K in Brawl would compleely Hype Up the new B-K game coming out for 360. I personally have both systems and I think that part of the reason I got my 360 was for the new B-K game that is going to be on it!

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! I really hope Banjo and Kazooie make it in. It would be better for Microsoft cuz some people might not know about these two and after they learn more about them it might influence them to buy a 360 for Banjo & Kazooie 3.

Svatos

Smash Cadet
I dont understand the advantage of banjo kazooie on the Xbox, it seems to me that most(not all) Xbox owners care more about violence and dislike cartoon games.
So unless the hidden motive is to get die hard BK fans to buy the 360 just for this game, i really dont get it.

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
Wow. As unlikely as I think Banjo and Kazooie are for Brawl, it's definitely good to see people so behind the idea! :grin:

I have to say, I think that if they were in, summoning the Jinjonator would be most likely for the Final Smash.

Banjo and Kazooie can't be in. Microsoft would not let them use it, simple as that. They are in direct competition - just because they're aiming at different markets doesn't change the fact that Nintendo's making more money.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
i played only Banjo and Kazooie from nintendo 64 and it was one of my favorites games

it sad that microsoft own rare and banjo

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
Banjo and Kazooie can't be in. Microsoft would not let them use it, simple as that. They are in direct competition - just because they're aiming at different markets doesn't change the fact that Nintendo's making more money.
I personally am well aware of this. However, there's nothing wrong with talking about the idea of it or anything because it's a pretty cool idea.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
@Bottles yes there is nothing wrong with talking about the idea. it is still not hopeless. Bottles, does your name come form bottles the short sighted mole?

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
Yep. :D Bottles for the mole and '98 for 1998, BK's release year. Been using this name since about 2001.

I was responding to the notion that there existed a possibility that BK could make it.

I never said you couldn't discuss moveset.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was responding to the notion that there existed a possibility that BK could make it.

I never said you couldn't discuss moveset.
Ok Mr. Microsoft, tell me where they specifically said it is impossible for the, to appear?

It's their property.

Are you implying that Microsoft would say "I know you're directly competing with us, but would you like a character that would promote our upcoming Banjo-Kazooie 3 game for the Xbox 360? Also, we can give you some of our musicians and developers to help out with making content for SSBB, since we don't really need them to develop the game they star in."

Do you also think that Master Chief has a chance?

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
LttS has a point, guys, Microsoft owns Rare outright...the reason there are Banjo GBA games and a Viva Pinata DS game is because MS doesn't count handhelds as competition.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
they bought the founders of rare share in the company %51 that was. then, they were useless to Nintendo because they only owned %49 percent so they sold it to MS for alot of money. well, that is the story

Their lack of sales was most definitely a major reason why Nintendo sold their shares. The Stampers wanted Nintendo to buy them out, but Nintendo wasn't interested, as their contribution to Nintendo's sales recently had dropped to as low as 1.5%.

Top Bottom