• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rarity often scales the same level of value.

Dopey

Smash Lord
"dire vulcan this dire vulcan that"
i gotta get some vids out
-noj :)

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
w00ts to G&W. Unfortunatly after getting pwned by friends all over the place, I had to switch to ICs instead... But now it's kind of overkill, I haven't lost with ICs yet.

Anyways, I hope G&W will be better in Brawl... If he's even in in the first place.

My friend Flan tried to get people to rate my G&W on D++... Wow, I've improved since then.

Yea, I've noticed that there's more G&W players lately too

That's always good.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
"dire vulcan this dire vulcan that"
i gotta get some vids out
-noj :)
Well, all G&W players should be repecting the best G&W player in the world... And when he turns up in (cyber) person, people get excited and they want to show him off

Or something like that lol

Well, the fact that G&W is so simple is what makes him the hardest to win with cause he has to use mindgames or else he's screwed.

Dire, have you played Chudat yet? I know your G&W beats his, but what about ICs vs G&W? I'd want to watch that one on video.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
Dude he should be, who else than the best G&W in the world to mod the G&W boards?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I wonder if there will be any new Dire vids from Cataclysm 3. I haven't seen Dire vids in forever.

*avoids pun involving dire need of vids*

Random though: If/when Dire makes a combo vid he should use "New York ****" by Busta Rhymes. >__>

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I play Game and Watch too, just never posted here. Perhaps everyone secretly plays Game and Watch but doesn't post on this forum, eh?
Haha its a secret pastime for all smashers :)

I guess that's why you have to practice the pimp slap for times of need.
Best Quote Ever, consider yourself sigged.

Oh and my GAW AND BOOZER WILL RULE THE WORLD :)

Link226

Smash Ace
Dire do u have any new vids up? I would like to see...cuz i heard about u being nice but i never seen really any of your vids. Im assuming u dont have that much?? Well if u dont then u have to be ultimate if your still known. But im a upcoming GAW player and i need some help fighting Links, Marths, and Samus....got any tips? Or videos?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Actually, MY G&W and Boozer will rule the world.
Haha i'd love to test that :) i think your GAW could take mine since mine at this point is undeveloped and i've seen some of your videos, but your boozer... idk haha i've been playing way to long with him to not be a little bit confident.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Link226 - Check in my favorites on youtube, search user DireVulcan and you'll see some vids in there, hope they help/entertain =D

Joel - Laff stop beastin bro :chuckle:

Moderator appeal - I'd like a shot at that, doesn't sound too hard :p

Baamage - I did play Choo'z Iceys in friendlies, it was pretty good matches actually.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Close. More fastfalling speed = you get combo'd.

Weight =/= fastfalling speed >_>

For example, Samus has a lot of weight but she definitely doesn't get combo'd.

Fox gets combo'd but he's a relatively lightweight character.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Close. More fastfalling speed = you get combo'd.

Weight =/= fastfalling speed >_>

For example, Samus has a lot of weight but she definitely doesn't get combo'd.

Fox gets combo'd but he's a relatively lightweight character.
Bowser gets comboed.

very heavy semi-floaty

what a ridiculously absurd physics system

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Hooray, Gimpy on the Game & Watch board. Too good.

lol, but I think Bowser gets comboed because he has a LOT of weight, which means that he doesn't get sent far. But he's also a semi-floaty like you said, so he easily falls right into range of the next attack. Also Bowser's the size of Jupiter so he's very east to hit. Bowser's just the victim of bad physics (But so is Game & Watch lol). I almost feel like making a chart.

I combo Bowser harder than anyone else with G&W. (No offense >__>) I would list all the characters that are easily combo'd by G&W, but it would be easier to list the characters he doesn't combo. :)

Jigglypuff, Luigi, Samus. And even they still fall victim to dair->dtilt->fair.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I would like to examine the theme presented in the title.

If you're asking me why I'm posting this in a GW/DireVulcan thread well, I'm just bored and avoiding studying for AP Stat right now.

But if we are taking the word value to mean monetary value, then rarity doesn't climb the same scale because the less of something there is, the more it's worth.

Unless of course you are taking value as an abstract term. In which case it does scale the same levels. More rarity = More value and whatnot.

Anyway, thread title attracted me.

Go dire vulcan. Hoo ah.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
i am switching to GAW as my main just cuz of this thread i hope your happy*starts to cut wrist*The pain feels so good

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
btw, the whole thing about the fact that this forum has the least posts is mebbe cuz he's the last character unlocked ^_^

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Delx Doom just owned this thread at life hahahaha very cool

Dire has M2K flooded you with more spammy pm's since the matches?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol this is a pretty funny thread. im' going to start camping around here in the G&W forums now becuase I'm thinking about taking him as secondary (yeah i know no one mains him except dire so i'm not a true g&w'er lol) but yeah. so i'll be posting here and there in the G&W thread so maybe that means we'll catch up to the other guys.

dire you're too good. love that sig haha. poor falco :(

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
btw, the whole thing about the fact that this forum has the least posts is mebbe cuz he's the last character unlocked ^_^
I was wondering who this "G&W" character is. How do I unlock it?!? I thought the question mark just meant random!

Yeah, I'm picking G&W up as my main (and praying for his return in Brawl.) I'll teach you all that sausage isn't as useless as you think.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's funny because upon reading the first post of the thread. it made alot of sense. After winning a local tournament with a high tiered player, I did say to myself "I think I'll work on my GAW". I'll face a bowser for tier dominance.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's funny because upon reading the first post of the thread. it made alot of sense. After winning a local tournament with a high tiered player, I did say to myself "I think I'll work on my GAW". I'll face a bowser for tier dominance.
YOUR GAW WILL GET DESTROYED BY THE GAME AND WATCH

and another funny thing i realized, it seems all the low tier players all post in every low-tier ahha

i guess we gotta stick together some how:chuckle:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
YOUR GAW WILL GET DESTROYED BY THE GAME AND WATCH

and another funny thing i realized, it seems all the low tier players all post in every low-tier ahha

i guess we gotta stick together some how:chuckle:
I play 1/2 of those characters.. :) What's your excuse? :p

Top Bottom