• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranking the Smash Bros. Main Themes

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I was talking to my brother about how we would rank the smash main themes/openers & cutscenes, so I came up with this list.

Yes Ultimate is #1. Seeing "Everyone is Here" is a moment I will never forget

As for the others, well:
#2: Brawl. I think Brawl's is unique since it pulls more from Subspace than it does from gameplay footage. Also it's the only one with lyrics, and if you look up the translated versions, it almost tells a story. After that it's pretty nostalgic to me and I really like hearing a dramatic chorus to go over a battle than typical action-based themes.
#3: Smash 64. This one almost....almost reminded me of the Star Fox theme--just pointing that out. But I really like it, I don't know why.
#4: Melee: Not the original, the newer remixed ones. I've heard the old one so many times it's like eating the same food over and over again until it leaves a bland taste in your mouth. But the newer orchestrated versions are nice.
#5: Smash 4. Same as Melee, but there are so many worse remixes of this that appear in every other menu of the game. I don't like it super much anymore, I used to love it.

What do you think?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
  1. Brawl
  2. Melee
  3. Ultimate
  4. 64
  5. For
Brawl's is just beautiful. Melee's is classic. Ultimate's is now iconic because of "Everyone is Here". 64 is nostalgic to me. And For's is just as good as Melee but doesn't carry the same feeling. That's all in my opinion though.

D

Deleted member

1. Brawl
2. Ultimate
3. Smash 4
4. Melee
5. 64

As stated by another user, Brawl had the best theme in Smash history. It just sounds amazing and I still get goosebumps listening to it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. Ultimate (barely wins)
2. Brawl (barely lost)
3. Smash 4 (I like it)
4. Melee (menu theme >>>>>>>>>>)
5. 64 (css theme >>>>>>>>>>>>)

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
1. Brawl
2. WiiU
3. Ultimate
4. Melee (actually, I dont care)
5. 64 (I dont care too)

I think the Ultimate song is a bit repetitive. It's the the same beat until the end. Still great, but inferior to Brawl and WiiU games.

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
1. Ultimate
2. Brawl
3. Melee
4. For
5. 64 (doesn't have a theme, unless you count the Main Menu, in which case it is still last)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
1. Smash 4 - Something about this song gets me pumped. It sounds very "Ready To Fight."
2. Brawl - Very epic and memorable, it's a pretty good theme.
3. Ultimate - It's an ok theme, kind of a letdown compared to the past two installments. It just doesn't quite have the oomph they did.
4. Melee - Another ok theme, it's a little too elegant for a fighting/party game. Still, not a bad opening theme.
5. 64 - This one feels to disjointed and overall unappealing.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
1. Brawl (still the best and most memorable Smash theme to date)
2. Ultimate
3. Melee
4. Smash 4
5. 64

Top Bottom