• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rank The Final Smashes!!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
In terms of sheer K.O. potential, I'd say...
1. Gigabowser (there's absolutely nothing to stop you from ****** evryone with this one)
2. Super Sonic (seemed really deadly at E 4 all)
3. Mario Finale (not that much damage, but it kinda drags everyone to an unavoidable death)
4. Super Dragon (those fireballs do 25% per shot and have some serious knockback)
5. Palutena's Army (attacks everyone, high killing potential)
6. Zero Laser (>60% +massive range , kinda lacking in knockback though)
7. Galaxia Darkness (41% + pretty much guaranteed kill on anyone at 30% or more)
8. Triforce Slash (>60% on one + big K.O power)
9. Great Ether (same as T.Slash)
10. Volt Tackle (hard to control, but inflicts great damage)

Screw the rest, :)

Peach's and DK's are particularly disappointing, though.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
PK starstorm seems godly. mostly covering all of the field, it appears unavoidable.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
As far as complete ownage............. Bowser

According to E for All it became completely unavoidable plus you get to control Giga. Think about it final smashes will have to be banned from some tournaments because of people that play with him specifically. Gimpy's bowser with a smash ball OH CRAP RUN!!! (might as well just jump off the edge)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
1. Yoshi's Final Smash - I'm a Yoshi fan, and to see Yoshi with this final smash is too awesome.
2. Triforce Slash - This one just looks awesome, I like how Link uses the Triforce to trap his opponent.
3. Zero Laser - I never was much of a Samus fan, but this looks great.
4. Mario Finale - Mario finally uses his fire abilities in a different way than the fireballs.
5. Volt Tackle - Doesn't seem very powerful, but I still like how it's used and all.

Most disappointing:

1. Konga Beat - It's way too easy to avoid this.
2. Giga Bowser Transformation - I already played with Giga Bowser in Melee, so it's nothing special to me.
3. Landmaster Tank - I don't like tanks too much.
4. Peach Blossom - I was hoping to see Peach do something awesome to the opponents, not.. let them fall asleep and spawn Peaches all over the place.
5. Cook Kirby - It looks nice and all, but it's a disappointing Final Smash to me.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi (strong,multiple people,can be dodged)
Link (1 person,cant be dodged,strong)
Bowser (omg he;s so big)
lucas (alot of stars,hard to dodge on most levels)
Samus and mario (can be dodged my grapple recoverers like link,ivy and samus.
Iceclimbers (just as good as lucas's
pickachu ( If its easy to contros with a gc controller, and easy to get used to the speed)

1up_Shroom

Smash Rookie
People are doggin' on Peach's fs too much. It can put everyone to sleep, allow you to be healed, and they give you a free hit. It seems like it would be easy to land too....but on topic...

1. Giga Bowser
2. Super Dragon
3. Zero Laser
4. Peach Blossom
5. Great Aether

Novus

Smash Apprentice
Top 5 FS:
1.Great Aether (Ike)
2.Triforce Slash (Link)
3.PK Starstorm (Lucas)
4.Triple Finish (Pokemon Trainer)
5.Galaxia Darkness (Meta Knight)

Dishonorable Mention
Volt Tackle (Super Sonic is better and faster?)

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Top 5:
1. Bowser's
2. Link's
3. Sonic's
4. Yoshi's
5. Lucas'

Those are my supposed best Final Smashes, to me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1. Giga Bowser (undoubtably the most powerful)
2. Rocketbarrel Blast (diddy is just plain awesome)
3. Triple Finish (It looks...just uber)
4. Wario-man (Its hillarious, and could be powerful)
5. Waddle-dee Army (A buch of kirby-things in red suits bouncing around causing damage while a penguin with a hammer whistles orders? This BLEEDS win.)

The one with the most amount of fail - Dk Bongos. Honestly Nintendo, give DK something more worthwhile, he brought you alot of fame, and you leave him with THIS? Wheres Rambii? You gave Diddy his DK64 stuff, why not let Dk ride rambii? Oh well, bah.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
My favorite final smash ever would be a team battle Link final smash knocked into an Ike final smash.

Next, and Ike final smash with a super sonic sitting right under him, so the poor bastage gets blown right into him.

I guess after that, a Giga Bowser and Super Yoshi combo-ing (bowser d-smash while yoshi blows them up)

Another great one would be someone caught in between a Mario and Samus final smash

Lastly a Peach final followed up by a Pit FS would be pretty funny.

No idea with 2 FS's can even be on the field at the same time, last I checked it wasn't confirmed/de-confirmed, but even if this can't be pulled off... it's a nice thought. Besides, I'm pretty sure C. Falcon is still in, so a well timed falcon pwnch at the end of any FS would be a nice touch.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hmm let's see:

1) Kirby- Cooking a foe, how great is that. ^_^
2) Mario- Pushes you off the stage if you use it right.
3) Pokemon Trainer- It's Super Effective, what's more to say
4) Ike- Great Aether!!!!
5) Wario- Wario Man is both funny and evil.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Out of the currently revealed Final Smashes, I'd have to say my top 5 is...

1. Giga Bowser (Bowser)
2. PK Starstorm (Lucas)
3. Wario-Man (Wario)
4. Galaxia Darkness (Meta Knight)
5. Super Sonic (Sonic)

darkseraph

Smash Rookie
to me my top final smashes are
1. super sonic from sonic
2. iceberg from ice climbers
3. giga bowser from bowser
4. mario finale from mario
5. triforce slash from link

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
2. Giga Bowser Transformation - I already played with Giga Bowser in Melee, so it's nothing special to me.
Giga Bowser in Melee is totally different. In Brawl, he doesn't receive any knock back and can kill at will with immense range and power. In Melee, I remember Giga getting stunned with a bunch of A attacks. Not the case in the new game.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think it's funny how so many people don't have Sonic's in the top 5 yet the consensus of the E for all peeps was that Super Sonic and Giga Bowser were the craziest and it was a toss up between the two as to which was better.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
1. Yoshi's Final Smash - I'm a Yoshi fan, and to see Yoshi with this final smash is too awesome.
2. Triforce Slash - This one just looks awesome, I like how Link uses the Triforce to trap his opponent.
3. Zero Laser - I never was much of a Samus fan, but this looks great.
4. Mario Finale - Mario finally uses his fire abilities in a different way than the fireballs.
5. Volt Tackle - Doesn't seem very powerful, but I still like how it's used and all.

Most disappointing:

1. Konga Beat - It's way too easy to avoid this.
3. Landmaster Tank - I don't like tanks too much.
4. Peach Blossom - I was hoping to see Peach do something awesome to the opponents, not.. let them fall asleep and spawn Peaches all over the place.
5. Cook Kirby - It looks nice and all, but it's a disappointing Final Smash to me.
Awsome Pic on #1 FS i had the same thing.:grin:

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I think it's funny how so many people don't have Sonic's in the top 5 yet the consensus of the E for all peeps was that Super Sonic and Giga Bowser were the craziest and it was a toss up between the two as to which was better.
I think people just got sick of Super Sonic after awhile

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Super Sonic is both nostalgic and full of win.
You can fly everywhere, and you kick the crap out of people just because you exist.
After playing Doomsday Zone in Sonic 3 + Knuckles, I could never get sick of him.

Giga Bowser is not that nostalgic, but is a treat to control I'm sure.
He's gigantic, very cool looking, absurdly powerful, and if it weren't for lack of invincibility,
Would undoubtedly be the best.

This thread also suffers from a lack of Landmaster, which I'd like to fix.
You control a tank. A FREAKING TANK with functional weaponry. And functional awesome.

Link's may not be the most deadly, but it definitely wins an internet for some sweet choreography.

Peach's and DK's are, however, painfully disappointing.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
1. Super Sonic
2. Giga Bowser
3. Cook Kirby
4. Palutena's Army (Pitt)
5. PK Starstorm (Lucas)

Needs a buff or it will literally never hit: Konga Beat (DK)
Nobody I have seen thinks this has any merit, and I agree.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
This thread also suffers from a lack of Landmaster, which I'd like to fix.
You control a tank. A FREAKING TANK with functional weaponry. And functional awesome.
As much as I like to call in the tanks to do a barrel roll, it really doesn't look that good. The canon fire looks very hard to hit with, and does the tank do much moving? Still, I can think of nothing I would prefer for Fox's Final Smash.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
As much as I like to call in the tanks to do a barrel roll, it really doesn't look that good. The canon fire looks very hard to hit with, and does the tank do much moving? Still, I can think of nothing I would prefer for Fox's Final Smash.
True. I guess I just assumed that when a tank drops on the stage it meant trouble, but I've never seen it in action so you could be right. Though, I thought the tank could damage opponents just by them touching it?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
The tank has many functions and high attack power. If you run into someone, they get smashed away. The tank rifle is strong as F***. You can barrel roll to get people off the tank. You can also just shoot a shot to get someone who's standing on the tank rifle. I saw one sick combo where the guy in the tank ran into someone to knock them into the air, then immediately shot them to death with the tank rifle. That was f***ing cool.
The main problem with the tank, though, is its lack of mobility and how it gets stuck in certain stages.
Yea it can hover, but it does so slowly. It's also slow to turn around. All around, unless your playing on the Bridge of Eldin, expect your tank to be easily avoided.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
1. Peach Blossom
2. Peach Blossom
3. Peach Blossom
4. Peach Blossom
5. Peach Blossom

It has everything you could need...It does damage, has healing properties, and can put enemies to sleep giving you a free KO (depending on the percentage), effects everybody (even if you dodge the sleeping you still suffer damage), and because its unique.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
Triforce Slash (Link's my main and it looks awesome)
Great Aether (bad ***)
Super Dragon (25 % a hit!)
Giga Bowser (strong and cheap)
Zero Laser (strong, and makes samus into Zero Suit Samus)

honorable mention: Cook Kirby, PK starstorm, Triple Finish

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Super Sonic (sonic)
Triforce Slash (Link)
Great Aether (ike)
Super Dragon (yoshi)
Landmaster Tank (fox)

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
1. Ike's Final Smash
2. Link's Final Smash
3. Lucas' Final Smash
4. Bowser's Final Smash
5. and the infamous Peach's Final Smash!! :laugh:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Rank them the way you like them you can do top 5 or all of them here's my list criticize them if you'd like...

Top 5 FS:
1.Triforce Smash(Link)
2.Peanut Gun(Diddy)
3.Avalanche??(Ice Climbers)
4.Deadly Cape??(MK)
5.PK StarStorm(Lucas)

Dishonorable Mention
Dk Barrel Bash(DK)

try to do something like that i like to hear your opinions
That list sucks.

Here's my totally pwnage list:

1.Samus
2.Ike
3.Mario
4.Sonic
5.Bowser

Dishonorable mention(s)
1.Zero Suit Samus
2.Donkey Kong

^Their final smashes suck but I'll find a good way to use them.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Probably:

1. Triforce Slash - It has Link, a sword, and someone getting the living garbage beat out of them. What else do you need? It can also hit guys from across the stage (horizontally) from what I've read.

2. Great Aether - After seeing this in a video, I realized that it was freakin' awesome! Fire + Rapid Hits + Explosion = Awesome.

3. Iceberg/Starstorm - Probably just because it hits everybody, but it also looks cool. Especially Lucas'.

4. Galaxia Darkness (Meta-Knight's) - Because when it hits, it looks sweet. And its Meta-Knight, duh.

5. Giga Bowser - IT'S GIGA BOWSER. 'Nuff said.

Dishonorable Mentions would be Zamus's, DK's, and maybe Peach's. I understand it has it's uses, but the other ones have more WOW appeal.

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
1. Giga Bowser
2. Super Sonic
3. Cook (Kirby)
4. Avalanche
5. Triforce Slash

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
1. Samus's Zero Lazer - Big freaking beam, and then a cool transformation! Awesome!

2. Yoshi's Super Dragon - Super Mario World ftw! Go Yoshi!

3. Fox's Landmaster - Beastly tank, very cool.

4. Ice Climber's Iceberg - Huge and awe-inspiring. Nice!

5. Pokemon Trainer's Triple Finish - Three times the fun! Seems to be very effective. Scratch that, it's Super Effective!

Honorable Mention: Meta Knight's Galaxia Darkness - Very cool-looking effect. Fear the darkness!

Top Bottom