• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ramen noodles.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
I'm a vegetarian living in South Korea right now. My ramen recipe strongly reflects these two facts:

1 yellow packet of Ottogi (오뚜기) ramen (a basic block of ramen with no seasoning powder), boiled about 4-6 minutes
1.5 tbspn gochujang (고추장), korean sweet/spicy red pepper paste
1 tbsp meshir (매실), a sort of plum extract with a little alcohol I think
3 tbsp ganjang (간장), or Korean soy sauce
2-3 tbsp sugar
garlic powder
2 eggs boiled just 5 minutes, one broken up and mixed into the sauce, the other sitting on top of the noodles
green onions if I'm feeling industrious

It is impossible for ramen to taste better than this. If you have a Korean market near you, make this.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
as;ldkjf ;alkjfd;lskajf. that sounds amazing dude. i'm drooling

nice avatar too haha. korea too good.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I'm a vegetarian living in South Korea right now. My ramen recipe strongly reflects these two facts:

1 yellow packet of Ottogi (오뚜기) ramen (a basic block of ramen with no seasoning powder), boiled about 4-6 minutes
2-3 tbsp sugar
garlic powder
2 eggs boiled just 5 minutes, one broken up and mixed into the sauce, the other sitting on top of the noodles

It is impossible for ramen to taste better than this. If you have a Korean market near you, make this.
My lord. With the delicacy in the ingredients and times, I couldn't imagine ramen tasting better than this. o_o I bet it tastes like spicy noodle sex.

Shök

Smash Champion
Wow @ that ramen recipe. Too bad I don't have any Korean super markets around here. Dx

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I had the supposed "best ramen in Denver" just yesterday.

Pretty disappoint.

I mean, the broth was pretty tasty, but the noodles were kinda dry (I've made better noodles out of a cheap packet), and everything in the bowl was sweet. Not that it was particularly a bad thing, but a sweet egg? Sweet pork? Maybe it was just that my expectations were so high and different, but it wasn't super delicious. Good, but not great.

Pho > Ramen

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

2-3 tbsp sugar
garlic powder

Must make american item recipe!!!!! :)
Wow @ that ramen recipe. Too bad I don't have any Korean super markets around here. Dx
Yush ikr? I wanna try to find ramen recipes online now.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
^ LOL at previous poster!

Too bad I don't have any Korean super markets around here. Dx
As for Korean markets, I'm pretty sure it's easy to buy the Korean ingredients online. The only really necessary ethnic ingredient on my list is gochujang (고추장), which is easy to get. (I didn't realize this, but it looks like it's usually translated as "Korean red pepper paste" or "Hot pepper paste.") Here's a link to a page where you can buy some (in the USA) msg-free:

http://www.koamart.com/shop/30-1355-hot_peppers_paste-hcd_hot_pepper_paste_2_2lbs.asp

^This one's 8 dollars, but there are cheaper ones. It just looked to me like this one had the most handsome-looking ingredient list.

As for the rest of the recipe, you can omit or substitute the items. You don't really need meshil (매실) and you can substitute normal soy sauce for the Korean soy sauce. And you can get Green onions at Wal Mart.

BTW, one other really smart thing that Koreans routinely do is to melt a single slice of yellow cheese on top of ramen. I don't know why I never thought of that in America; it tastes really good.

Top Bottom