• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Raleigh Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I think they could at least mention the game, or M2K being in first, or ANYTHING about the game. Really, they could have done that and shown no footage. In my eyes, that's inexcusable.

HotWings

Smash Ace
^ I completly agree with this. They showed all the other pro people winning in other games so why not show m2k vs ally or DEHF vs Brood.

fragbait

Smash Master
Guys you are acting a little stupid. I can understand you're upset but remember, MLG bought smashboards for $1,000,000 and they did it for a reason.

go to mlgpro.com

look at the top. Do you see that? It's a direct link to smashboards

I mean guys think about. This is a game with all of Nintendo's most famous characters. Could you imagine the law suit that could occur and the amount of money MLG could lose after being sued for showing just one of those characters without permission?

SSBB is the only first party game on the circuit. Every other game is 3rd party. If you have anyone to be angry at it's Nintendo because they're the only company that hasn't realized the potential of competitive gaming
Brawl is a second party game, from Sora LTD.

Also, we get a link and the occasional interview, but no other hype whatsoever. We're left to do it ourselves. They stopped writing the "Get Better Fast" articles, they don't hype the circuit near enough.
And there are tons of places that link to SWF. Hell, I link it. So, according to you, I give Brawl as much hype as MLG. This isn't cool.

Also, I highly doubt Gideon got a mil. Source it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Guys you are acting a little stupid. I can understand you're upset but remember, MLG bought smashboards for $1,000,000 and they did it for a reason.

go to mlgpro.com

look at the top. Do you see that? It's a direct link to smashboards

I mean guys think about. This is a game with all of Nintendo's most famous characters. Could you imagine the law suit that could occur and the amount of money MLG could lose after being sued for showing just one of those characters without permission?

SSBB is the only first party game on the circuit. Every other game is 3rd party. If you have anyone to be angry at it's Nintendo because they're the only company that hasn't realized the potential of competitive gaming
Sorry, "at least we're on the circuit" is honestly rather played out.

As has been mentioned, they could have included something about the community for a game on their circuit: photos of us, our crowds, our hype moments, stuff like that.

@ Wyatt- Sure. I'll see if I can make it over to a NJ tourney in the near future. ;)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

As has been mentioned, they could have included something about the community for a game on their circuit: photos of us, our crowds, our hype moments, stuff like that.
This should at least be their next step...

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
One thing about the smash community that I love is that we don't need a stream.

Evo 2010 stream went down literally final seconds of GF, and people started literally ****ting everywhere about it. I would like a stream, but I don't necessarily need one. That is the mindset behind most smashers, and I love that.

People who ***** and complain about a stream quality, or whatever are not the type of people we want here.

So Fatal

Smash Master
That is all. I know, it sucks.

Maybe post (flood) youtube comments just pointing to Brawl to get the word out we are on the circuit. Don't bash any other game though. Just spread the word that you can also find Brawl at MLG events.
I am good friends with the person who works for mlg and made this. Smash not being on it was just a huge mistake by his part, the person who made it "JOKR" told me "I completely dropped the ball on smash" it will definitely be in the next one.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
One thing about the smash community that I love is that we don't need a stream.

Evo 2010 stream went down literally final seconds of GF, and people started literally ****ting everywhere about it. I would like a stream, but I don't necessarily need one. That is the mindset behind most smashers, and I love that.

People who ***** and complain about a stream quality, or whatever are not the type of people we want here.
You're wrong a whole lot of people want the stream. And really it would just be dumb to not want one. I don't know what you're talking about.

Moxin

Smash Apprentice
You're wrong a whole lot of people want the stream. And really it would just be dumb to not want one. I don't know what you're talking about.
He said he/people wanted a stream. Read again.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am good friends with the person who works for mlg and made this. Smash not being on it was just a huge mistake by his part, the person who made it "JOKR" told me "I completely dropped the ball on smash" it will definitely be in the next one.
What I said earlier was apparently inaccurate. I just assumed given the situation with VoD that it included all video. I also talked with Jokr when I was at Raleigh and yea, basically it was an oversight. He said he will try to do something to make up for it.

fragbait

Smash Master
What I said earlier was apparently inaccurate. I just assumed given the situation with VoD that it included all video. I also talked with Jokr when I was at Raleigh and yea, basically it was an oversight. He said he will try to do something to make up for it.
Good stuff. I look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom